Ballad's Bounty

Lyichir

11328257775_bc3b562970_c.jpg

The Alien Hunters are on the prowl! Burt Ballad has dispatched his alien prey and is returning it to the mothership in his light assault craft! The craft has a cargo cage for moving alien remains and is equipped with two high-powered laser blasters in case the alien scum comes looking for revenge! Fight on, Burt Ballad!

Rear View

Minifigures

So seeing that there was still plenty of time left, and I needed inspiration for a model, I decided I'd whip something up for the contest. I tried to make a moderately-sized craft that matched the "clean but edgy" feel of the comic prompt. Comments? Questions?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It looks well built and thought out. Looks more like a dropship, but that's just me. Burt Ballad seems like a stereotypical tough war hero guy in an action movie! Good luck in the contest!

It does have a similar shape to a dropship, but it can't actually drop anything! My inspiration was partly thinking of the alien hunters as being like actual, real-world hunters, and trying to create a sort of space-pickup truck for them to haul alien carcasses back home in. I picked Burt partly because he looked like one of the easiest to build from the one comic panel that featured him (he seemed to very much fit the stereotype of the bald, grizzled space marine).

I don't expect to do phenomenally in this contest. There's not a lot of entries so far, but that's likely going to change as we get closer to the end of the entry period. I just needed something to build, and saw the big contest banner staring me in the face on the front page.

It looks well built and thought out. Looks more like a dropship, but that's just me. Burt Ballad seems like a stereotypical tough war hero guy in an action movie! Good luck in the contest!

It does have a similar shape to a dropship, but it can't actually drop anything! My inspiration was partly thinking of the alien hunters as being like actual, real-world hunters, and trying to create a sort of space-pickup truck for them to haul alien carcasses back home in. I picked Burt partly because he looked like one of the easiest to build from the one comic panel that featured him (he seemed to very much fit the stereotype of the bald, grizzled space marine).

I don't expect to do phenomenally in this contest. There's not a lot of entries so far, but that's likely going to change as we get closer to the end of the entry period. I just needed something to build, and saw the big contest banner staring me in the face on the front page.

Ah, that's interesting. So I guess that means Burt's a real character?

It's the thought and attempt that counts, really.

mindeth the cobwebs

Ah, that's interesting. So I guess that means Burt's a real character?

It's the thought and attempt that counts, really.

He was a character introduced in the comic "prompt" in the contest topic. I figured that even if I wasn't required to use one of those characters, I might as well do so anyway.

Don't worry guys, you'll learn more about Burt and the rest of the team in due time.

In any case I love the ship, especially the smooth tile construction of the rear. Not to mention that weapon on the front! that thing is fierce. Good luck, and nice job.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND