Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Ooc: Oh, hey there, um, Balta. What an awkward situation. XD Snelly and I had just finished writing Baruk's death out in your absence, but I didn't get around to editing it for posting until now. Welcome back, I guess? lol Too bad Baruk isn't fated well, as you well know by now.

The following is a portion of the jam that is still usable.

Ic: Emotia knew of the Toa Arete of course, they had caused her banishment from Ga-koro, at least until her mark had disappeared for good. She certainly had a lack of trust for these Toa Arete. And now this Anthyn had barged into her home, she glanced at the broken door before she decided how to answer.“He was here, a few hours ago. Complemented my cooking. I don’t know where he is now.” This wasn’t a lie per say. He really had been here a few hours ago and she didn’t know –exactly– where he was either.Savina stood just a bit behind Emotia in complete silence. As she listened to the conversation she knew it would only be a matter of time before Anthyn started to force the issue. Savina didn’t remember her name, but Emotia had been with a group of Toa who had aided her when she had been gravely injured. She didn’t want to see Emotia get hurt. Savina had no doubt that Emotia was hiding something, and Anthyn would most likely respond in a not-so-nice way. So Savina struck first.Emotia gasped as she felt something sharp penetrating her shoulder, but Savina covered her mouth before she could scream. Savina bit into the Toa of Water, injecting the venom of a Dagger Spider with the power of her Faxon. Emotia stiffened and became limp, paralyzed by the venom. Using her free hand, Savina pulled a small wooden vial from her satchel, opening it and forcing the contents down Emotia’s throat as she pulled her other hand away from Emotia’s mouth for a brief moment. Within seconds Emotia’s eyes rolled back and she was unconscious. Savina began to slow and quietly drag the body to the couch behind them and carefully laid Emotia down across it.Savina looked back at Anthyn, wondering how the Valkyr would react. Would Anthyn be mad that she had decided to take some initiative or pleased with her? Savina wasn’t sure.Anthyn looked at Savina bemusedly. "That's one way to do it." She turned her gaze to the sleeping body of Emotia and thought aloud, "She's hiding something." She tapped the furniture with an anxious finger and slowly walked around the room. "Baruk is here. I can smell his filth. And we are not the only ones here..."Savina instinctively looked behind her, indeed there was someone else, though she watching from far enough away that Savina hadn’t noticed her at first. It was yet another Toa of Water, though Savina had never seen this one before. She was awfully quiet too, she wondered if that was because she had just subdued Emotia. “You mean like that girl over there?”"Yes," Anthyn said.The Valkyr's movement was incredibly swift for someone as big as her and she effortlessly sprung with a jump augmented by her wings from where she stood to where Dalia was and engaged her in combat in an instant. To Anthyn's dismay, the toa with a Rau fell as quickly as she was approached, like a house of cards that crumbled under pressure. A single swipe of Anthyn's powerful hand and Dalia was tossed to the ground.Savina couldn’t help but wince slightly as Dalia crashed into the ground from Anthyn’s swipe. Yet Savina found herself using her elemental power to entangle Dalia with vines that grew out from the wooden floor."Good," Anthyn cooed with approval to Savina. The thought of interrogating Dalia crossed her mind, but instead she just walked away. If Baruk was here there was no sense in asking questions. The trail was hot enough already."Come, Savina," she said and led the way through the house layout. The kitchen was the first place she went to, and as expected there was foodstuffs all around. Anthyn mused that possibly Emotia had come from the kitchen to meet the uninvited 'visitors,' which only pointed more towards the possibility of Baruk being in just the next room over.Savina followed without hesitation, as she entered the kitchen there was a rather pleasant aroma in the air, there was something boiling on the stove. Smelled like some sort of fish to be precise, the one kind of Rahi that even Savina didn’t mind eating. Grecko had eaten it often for dinner after all.Other than quite a few dirty dishes and ingredients that had been left out the kitchen was rather tidy, though there was a familiar stench that became more apparent as they moved further in, the same smell from Baruk’s hut.Anthyn smelled that odor, too, and stopped behind a door that presumably opened to the dining room. Baruk's stench was permeating from under it in a draft. Anthyn held up a fist to halt Savina behind her and then stepped back a little. Her wings rose up and reached out as if they had hands on them, but Lust had something very different in mind. The plumed appendages smashed through the door and sliced the wall like a pair of powered knives tearing through bread. Without even listing a finger, Anthyn had swept the barrier between her and Baruk like it was nothing but a curtain, not a care for the ownership of the house in her mind.

And there, sitting fat and content, was Baruk the Glut. He looked up slowly at Anthyn and took note of Savina, who emerged from behind the angel's wings as they were put away. "Well hello hello, Baruk," Anthyn sneered with a sadistic grin on her face.

Edited by Littlefinger

IC: Ga-Koro

Firion raised an eyebrow, his interest piqued by the creature known as a Vortixx. Now that he knew the being’s name and purpose, he no longer felt as wary of him as before. No, now he was interested in him. His abilities as a mechanic could be quite useful, especially if he was able to create things. Ga-Koro had always been a place of scholars, teachers, swimmers, and the occasional warrior like himself. Mechanics and blacksmiths were more often found in Onu-Koro or Ta-Koro. Lent could be a great ally for the marines and although Firion didn’t want to admit it, he wandered if the Vortixx could create some weaponry that was well… cooler then the current sword that he used in battle.

“Ah, so you’re an inventor. Ga-Koro could use more men like you…” He told Lenat. His eyes then fell back to Voutok. “And no, the Arete is going to be busy trying to get everything in order around here. They’ll also most likely be trying to do a little PR work since the Turaga did die under their watch. It’s not something that they’ll be proud of, so I’d try my best to be on their good side. While I find it admirable that you want to help, you might find it better to be on the sidelines…”

Firion then started to turn, but before he did so, he looked into the De-Matoran’s eyes. He saw someone who was courageous and for that he respected him. He might not be useless like he thought a few minutes ago. “All right, here’s the deal. I’ll allow you to assist me in crowd control. When the Arete put together a task force and if I’m on it, I’ll throw your name out there and see if they’re fine with any civilian volunteers. But until then, crowd control.”

character_37075_f.jpg

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: The look into the Marines eyes had awakened Lenat's inner salesman. He spoke up.

"You look like you could a new weapon. I could make one for you. You would have to pay for it, I need to make my living somehow after all, but you could do your job much better with something better then a basic sword."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Firion let out a hearty laugh. “You know my desires or perhaps I simply made them too obvious. I’d love a new weapon and trust me; I have enough money to buy whatever it is that you’re willing to throw my way. Being in the marines isn’t volunteer work; it is a paying job after all.” He told Lenat and then he unsheathed his plain-looking sword. “I’m not very sentimental, but I’d like to keep my sword. It says something about my personality, in my opinion.” He said, performing a few air slashes carefully so as to not accidentally cut the Vortixx or the Matoran.

“I’d like something with a little more range, though. In case one of my enemies manages to dodge my sword.”

character_37075_f.jpg

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: "In that case I have just the design for you. Its a crossbow with a clip, reloads itself every time you pull back the string. It has a couple of pulleys on either end of the bow that both reduce the strain to pull it back and increases the power of the bolt. It does take some time to put together and is a bit on the large size."

The inventor's eyes seemed to glow, well, more then was normal for a Vortixx, while he talked about his creation.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

As Lenat continued to ramble on about the weapon, Firion simply raised a hand to silence him. “I don’t care about the size really or the mechanics personally. Long as it kills my enemies and they stay dead, then you’ve got yourself a deal. Ideal price?” He told the Vortixx, holding out his hand to shake on it. He kind of felt bad that he was making deals in alleys with strange arm dealers while the rest of the village was in chaos, but too Firion this was important. With a crossbow like that, he could do his job better and defend the village with some more stylish machinery albeit.

character_37075_f.jpg

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: A chuckle escaped the Vortixx's lips as he took the proffered hand saying, "A hundred widgets should work. You can pay me when I come back with the crossbow."

Turning to Voutok he continued, "I'll find you when I'm done with this. Crowd control should keep you in roughly the same area so it shouldn't be that hard."

With that, he turned and made his way through the crowd, the Matoran making it up moving out of the way like before.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Well, sorry for the interruption of what I'm sure would have been a glorious death. Still, if my character's going to die, I'd like to be involved. ;)

IC: Baruk nervously massaged the trigger of his pickaxe, resisting the urge to take a step or two - or three, or four - back. He swallowed and forced a smile. "Anthyn," he said, his voice a bit too high and a bit too unsteady. "Hello! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Q2TtLEz.png

Ooc: What's most annoying is that you didn't post or do anything with Baruk of mention or note all these months, and then as soon as we are about to put the coffin six feet under you magically show up and want to be a part of a character other people bunnied more than you posted as. The only reason why I would not steamroll over you and post the jam anyway after incorporating your last two posts is because I am nice enough to permit you the interaction, but do note that your mere resurgence will not alter the course ascribed to Baruk in the last couple weeks. That said, let's roll.

Ic: "Pleasure?" Anthyn almost sneezed. "No, there is no pleasure in this meeting, and you know exactly what I'm here for, Baruk," Anthyn said with a murderous tone. Her eyes were narrowed to suspicious slits as she gave Baruk a glare that could pierce his obtuse belly. "You've been nothing but a slug for us all this while. I'm here to end you so that we have no loose ends."

IC: Savina - Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi -

Now Savina had expected Baruk to be big, but still the sheer size and bulk of him was just ridiculous. She found herself looking very surprised.
“I think I understand what the word ‘fat’ truly means now.” She said out loud, mostly to herself as she looked at Baruk.
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC. Ga-Koro.Kyron hurried back to the Marines HQ. There, his brother was feverishly working on a seperate case, having long ceased truly caring about the Arete. There was a murder down the street, and someone stole a weapon from the armory. He had issues to cover.When his brother burst in the door and began talking about an alternate motive that the Arete had. In his opinion, they were harmless. Of course, Kyron's report changed this thought. Kyron leaned in where only his brother could hear him."Kellosomn, they're planning something.""Who, the Arete?""Yes, the Arete.""What are they planning?""I used my mask. I saw them speak of a facade they've been putting up ever since they got here. They say they're going to do something soon, and it won't be good.""Hmm... This will require much more investigation to even begin to be official.""That's where I need you...and your mask.""I see. What is it you need done?""Follow their leader, Ketan, around. He'll never notice you. Find out as much as you can.""Okay. I'll go now."Kellsomn began to leave, but Kyron caught his arm."Remember, this is absolutely unofficial. Don't speak a word to anyone about what you see until you talk to me."The younger brother nodded, and his eyes rolled back. His body became soulless and cold- that always creeped Kyron out. Invisible to all living things, he soon began to follow after Ketan. The investigation had begun.OOC: So...yeah. Ketan is now being stalked.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Labelle skulked around Ga-Koro in the middle of the night. She felt a little guilty about she was about to do, but her hunger pushed any remorse out of her head. She couldn't stop it. Nothing every could. She actived her Kanohi of Shapeshifting and changed her appearance to some random Ga-Toa. Anyone that would see her, not that she was planning on being seen, would mistake her for someone else, and she would get away scott free. That was important. If she was stuck in jail she knew she would go crazy. She was barely able to contain her hunger now. Stuck in some cell, arms and legs clamped together? No, she couldn't get caught, not if she wanted to keep her sanity. Passing by a row of Matoran huts, Labelle noticed one emanating light. Perfect. Any neighbors awoken by sound would think little of it- the Matoran with a light in her house wwas most probably known for staying up long into the night, so sound coming from the house would be ignored. Now, to get on with the deed. Labelle walked up to the door and knocked. "Ga-Koro Marine here. We'd like to ask you some questions." A few moments later she heard the Matoran inside approaching the door slowly. The villager waited to open it. "Ga-Koro Marine? What are the questions about exactly?" she asked suspiciously. Labelle cursed in her head. She hated Matoran that had an once of common sense. They made things that much more difficult. She quickly came up with a response that she hoped would work. "Some complaints from your neighbors, miss. Too much light and sound are keeping them up, they'd like you to stop." "By Karz," the Matoran shouted, opening the door to confront Labelle, "I've talked to my neighbors and you Marines enough times about this! I'm conducting an experiment on orders by Turaga Nokama herself to try and change the circadian rhythm. If you lot have a problem with that, take it up with Nokama herse-" The Matoran was unable to complete her word, or her sentance, because Labelle barged into her, forcing her into the house and knocking her to the ground. An instant later and the flat of Labelle's axe thunked into the Matoran's head, knocking her unconcious. Labelle hurried to close the door and dragged the Matoran's body to the center of the hut. A swipe of her arm, and the Matoran was dead. Now came the most enjoyable part for Labelle. Hefting her weapon lovingly, Labelle knelt besides the body. Two quick cuts, and the Matoran was wearing a stupid, massive grin on their face. What else? Maybe some gills? Or mayb- "Molita? Everything ok?" came a voice from outside the Matoran's hut. Labelle froze. Nobody else was supposed to be up. This was not part of the plan. She waited. Maybe the visitor would leave. "Molita, we know you're in there. You woke up my whole family, and the Holnuts next door. We've had enough of your crazy experiments! Nokama is dead, which you would know if lived normally like the rest of us. Now open up this darn door! Labelle took a breath and decided to open the door. She could deal with a second victim. This other Matoran would be as clueless as the first. Holding one axe behind her back, Labelle opened the door in one swift movement and moved to grab the Matoran and pull her inside. "Hello. And how are you this fine night?" she asked with a smirk. It quickly faded when she realized there were nearly a half dozen Matoran standing by the door, all apparently having been woken up by Molita's shouting. Startled, Labelle panicked. She barged past the Matoran, creating jets of water to push them out of the way. She ran towards the area of town with pubs and inns, hoping to lose herself in the crowds of drunkards there. She found one particular pub and thanked Mata-Nui it was open. She walked inside, completely out of breath, and headed towards the bathroom. It had been close, far too close for comfort. All those people had seen her- it was a good thing she had thought ahead and wasn't wearing her face. She looked into the mirror. Emotia stared back. --- Seven Marines stood in the armory, grabbing weapons and preparing to head towards Casa Juturna. The one in charge cursed. She hated it when the Juturna family was involved in crimes, they made things so much more difficult. Still, this had been the second report of a murder this month, and this time a face had actually been put to the purpetrator. It surprised her, sure. She certainly wouldn't have thought Emotia to be capable of murder- if she'd had to guess, she would have said her husband, Tillian. But she had a half dozen witnesses pinning Emotia to the crime, so here she was, marching with six other Marines to safely apprehend her. If there was one thing village Guards had learned, it was to treat Toa, especially former Mark Bearers, with extreme caution."OK everyone, remember who we'll be dealing with. These are powerful people, both in terms of power and friends. We don't want things to get ugly if we can avoid it. You all understand?." The head Marine made sure everyone nodded in agreement. "Good. We leave in five."

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Wrath's fingers impaled Haro by the neck. An involuntary gasp flew from the matoran's lips at the intensity of the blow, and the convicted flew to the ground, executioner straddling his body. Ta flexed once and extricated his fingers from the throat. He looked down at the body as though from a distance, on the outside of a window gazing in. He was just an observer now. Then a few droplets of water tinkled onto his armor. Trees thrummed like the devil's fiddle and thunder rolled as a choral intonation. And all the while the ocean drummed in his head, boiled his brain, drove his ignited skull into fiery frenzy. His mind eroded steadily, bit by bit, piece by agonizing piece. And then it cracked. Wrath didn't sit any longer. He fell upon the dying body with all the fury of his name. His hands clawed Haro in search of a present beneath his concealing form. With each swipe, armor became red ribbons tossed aside and skin pieced paper flung from the site of unwrapping. His eyes frantically searched for the gift beneath, wanting to know its surprise and needing to possess its value. Rain's ungodly hands pounded him, banshee wails of the convulsing palms assaulted his ears, his heart pumped furiously; yet Wrath threw himself at Haro regardless. For an eternity's worth in moments this was life. This was a mad rush to the finish he was wholly swept up into, an end and a means all in one, sending him higher and higher until he fell. And fall he did when his fingers stopped their butcher's work. There was no more of the present to unwrap. He had stripped the Ga-Matoran of his covering and his life. Yet the present was not here. Stunned, Ta scanned his surroundings. Lightning rumbled in the distance as drumsticks battering the air. Waves roared up the shore towards him in low notes, their furious frothing sound caught in his ears. Thick rain splattered the grove and its spastic greenery with the sound of many voices singing as one. The darkness in the sky masked the heavens with clouds fathering the other phenomena, leaving the atrocity of the murder unseen. The storm's crescendo was wiping away the deed. Wrath's eyes stung with tears. Unbidden, a memory sprang to his mind at the sensation. A servant of people does not cry, A voice echoed in his head, That would hurt people by making them concerned or sad too. His temper flared, angry face marred by twin lines of water. I'm not going to play pretend anymore. This is the real world; I have honor, and I'll keep it intact regardless of what any so-called 'servant' does. "WHY, GOD?," Wrath yelled to the symphony above. Its sound blotted out that of his cry with a thousand more shouts. Thus, he strove to heighten his voice, raise its power so that he could be heard above the storm. "WHY DO YOU LIE, YOU CRUEL MACHINE?," He demanded plaintively. His arms rose at his side as more tears ran down his face. "WHY DO YOU DISPLAY 'MERCY'? LOOK UPON YOUR WORKS AND TELL ME YOU HAVE NOT DEIGNED TO DESIGN MY DECEPTION!" One of his arms spun wildly to point at a flash of lightning. "WITH THUNDER, YOU HAVE MADE MY CRY FOR JUSTICE UNHEARD!" He stomped the liquid carrying away Haro's corpse, uncaring of the danger inherent in standing in a conductor during a thunderstorm. "WITH WATER, YOU HAVE WASHED AWAY THE EFFECT OF MY DEFIANCE!" Wrath pointed a last accusatory finger to the heavens. "WITH CLOUD, YOU MAKE MY BATTLE AGAINST REPETITION INVISIBLE!" "THESE ACTIONS DO NOT FORGIVE MY SIN AGAINST YOUR NAME, BUT INSTEAD ERASE THEM!," Wrath screamed over the cacophony. "YOU DIMINISH MY BEING WITH YOUR LIES OF COMFORT AND PROMISES OF MERCY." He paused, great chest heaving with the sheer force of his oratory. Then he threw up his arms in supplication before the raging storm. He perceived its unfeeling and destructive elements' assault; in his mind, he knew of the lightning blasting and wind battering, yet he still stood against them stubbornly. "WHY DO YOU RETURN HONOR WITH DECEIT?WHY DO YOU GIVE LIFE FOR DEATH? WHY DO YOU, O GOD OF ALL THINGS, SOW IGNORANCE WHEN REAPING ENLIGHTENMENT?" "IF YOU ARE INDEED ONE OF FEELING, ONE OF INTEGRITY, ONE OF NOBLE SPIRIT--" Wrath's roar struggled against the sky with all his might. He cared about nothing else then, swept up in debate against that which could not be seen. His face had grown drawn and body pale from exhaustion; however, the toll of toil mattered not in his mind. He had determined to be free by binding himself with an oath to fight the world itself. That determination fueled his argument with righteous fury that blazed hotter than stars. "--THEN COMBAT ME NOW AS DUE MY CHALLENGE!" At last, he had succeeded. The call cut through the tempest and resounded across the water against the wind and lightning. At last, he had thrown down the gauntlet. But he was not there to hear it. He had collapsed to his knees, figure suddenly drained of all its recalcitrant vitality. His last words before his eyes closed were 'God, hear my prayer', uttered from bloodless lips. Now Haro slept side by side with his killer. In the rising tide, both bodies were sucked into the sea and carried off with the tenderness of a mother. And in spite of the choleric elements all about, there was no more violence to be had paradise lost. Wrath's kanohi was at last at peace.

Edited by Jerry Renault

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Tehlin

Impact. Dizziness. Falling. Ceiling moving... Pain erupting. Left foot back, weight focused on it. Rock back, regain balance the walls are spinning... Hands on my back, pushing forward. I'm not leaving the circle. Big Ugly in coming closer, his clenched fists around the same size as the growing bruise on my face. Huh. There's a knife in his hand... No, not a knife. More like a small sword. Its a knife to him, though. Small sword for me. Hehe, lovely.

Tilt head back, take another drink, wait, the bottle's empty. I barely felt the pain. The walls were still spinning gloriously. I swear some Ba-Toa is messing with gravity right now. Mr. Muscle Bound Ugly's on me now, that massive grin of his making it look like he was enjoying this a lot more than I was. Dunno, though, hard to tell with Skakdi. He threw another punch. Not that I saw it coming, the silvery limb flashing into the corner of my eyes, before the world erupted into blackness and stars whirling around.

Neat.

I came to not two seconds later, but it was long enough for Ugly to properly get an arm around me and knee my chest a few times. How did I know? Well, I've had broken ribs before. And let me tell you, they sucked. My grey armor did zilch now, and I was quite sure there was a piece of it stuck in my chest somewhere. I shoved my knee up rather uncoordinately, but Ugly was drunk too, so it didn't matter much. Lodging my leg between us, it managed to stop the last few knees to my broken ribs. Pushing outward with it, I managed to send the Skakdi back a step, ripping him off me with the unexpected move. Gave me some breathing room, literally and figuratively. Oh, he didn't like that, well suck i-

Ooph.

Jeez. You'd think he'd get tired from beating the Karz outta me after the first twenty minutes. And he's got a serious right hook. The world went black for a minute there, bravo. Oh here it comes again, maybe I should...

His fist collides with my stomach, I cough something up, spraying his white armor with something maroon. Yikes, that's gonna hurt in the morning. I shouldn't just let him punch me, I mean really. I shoot my arm outward, his second punch sliding harmlessly along its length as I direct the protosteel blocks he seems to use as fists away from me. Well, not really protosteel, but it certainly felt like it. Zauk I'll never again curse you for those training drills. He didn't like that either. My legs swings around, my armored shin impacting his knee. That leg crumples like piece of paper under the power of an angry Toa of Gravity. As he's going down, I feel his clawed grip on both my shoulders. He's pulling down. Son of a-

Why, hello floor, aren't you rather up against my face. Ow, you're wood. Whatever happened to nice leaf floors? Now, bar floors aren't exactly up there on my place-to-be list, not to mention they weren't exactly the cleanest floors around. This one was especially gross, and I swear a thin film of something came off when the Skakdi peeled me off there. Ew. Oh right, Skakdi. Yeah. Wait, no, don't-

This time, red bloomed in my vision as my face slammed up against the floor for the second time as Ugly saw fit to shove me down again. I just wanted to laaaay there for a bit. I think my nose is broken. My face is... wet... gross. Oh wait, its not someone's drink. Nope, its kinda red... like that deep red you get when you stab someone. Yeah, that kinda red. Its a nice red. Funny, I know my face should hurt, but for some reason...

Hey, watch it buddy. Your foot does not belong on my back, nor should it be grinding me into the floor. Karz, it doesn't need to have claws, either. Oh, so you're pressing your weight into my. Let's see how good that works out when I try this.

I roll over the floor, his foot slipping off my back and putting him off balance. You see, the thing was, he had been standing on his bad leg, with the good one pressed into my back. So when I took away the good one, all the weight had to go somewhere. Looks like down for now. Today we have a 100% chance of falling Uglies, with a few scattered showers of red here and there. Dress lightly, folks, things are warming up here.

Ugly Face, I'd like you to meet Fist. Fist, this is Ugly Face. And Ugly Face proceeded to meet Fist, after Fist was thrown out from in the form of a hook upward. Ooo, I put some shoulder into that one, and his face gave a pleasant crack when I hit it. And I have no idea what that guy uses for brains, but Karz, it certainly leaves your hand stinging. I continue through with the momentum, using it to roll a bit farther away from Ugly. I feel an impact to the right of my. I push myself off the ground, my head throbbing. I'll never figure out what they put in my drink, but it certainly made it so that it took a few tries for me to actually stand up properly. Lucky for me, Ugly didn't seem to be going anywhere soon, so I had time. Good thing.

I can't move my arms.

Or my legs.

Heck , my head really shouldn't feel like this.

My entire body is shaking. Shaking from sheer exhaustion. Shaking from pure exessive strain. My body shouldn't have been able to take that. Not now. And never again. Before, maybe. My legs are going to give way, any minute now.

Someone hands me a glass of something. I manage to take it, and pour the water (bless him) down my throat. He says something, clapping me on the back enthusiastically. Karz, bro, I nearly fell over from that. Some other Skakdi come up and haul Unconscious Ugly up from the floor, probably his buddies. The being who handed my the water glanced at them, and man, I can see your mouth moving, but no words are coming out.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

No stomach, not now.

Bad.

Stay were you are.

This whole having your soul drained really sucks. Especially after you can't move anything. I need a...

I need to...

There, target sighted. Engage tactical maneuvering, legs at 25% capacity, divert arms to complete action... This is the captain of the M.N.S Tehlin speaking, passengers, please be sure that all safety harnesses are secure and brace for impact.

I collapse into the chair next to me, quite nearly falling out before I was properly seated. My hands gripped the sides of the table tightly as the word continued to spin from the sudden change from standing to seated. My eyes snap straight ahead. My arms are shaking, my head throbbing. Karz, I was never this weak. Heck, its a strain to just get up out of bed sometimes. I don't quite remember why I got into a barfight, but it'll come to me.

Eventually.

After my head clears.

And I get myself a few more drinks.

Gotta find some way to deal with this.

Once my face stops bleeding.

Ribs still hurt like Karz, though.

What a wonderful night I'm having.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Lenat- Ga-koro IC: A chuckle escaped the Vortixx's lips as he took the proffered hand saying, "A hundred widgets should work. You can pay me when I come back with the crossbow." Turning to Voutok he continued, "I'll find you when I'm done with this. Crowd control should keep you in roughly the same area so it shouldn't be that hard." With that, he turned and made his way through the crowd, the Matoran making it up moving out of the way like before.
IC: Voutok; Alley Near Ga-Koro SquareVoutok blinked in a blank trance as he failed to keep up with the conversation Lenat had with the Marine considering a new weapon of sorts. Eventually he just tuned out and focused on processing the Marine's offer.Hmph, sit on the sidelines my rear. If there's anything I know about myself in my fragmented idea of who I am, it's that the sidelines are not my thing. So crowd control, eh? Not as direct as I hoped, but I suppose I gotta work my way up to stuff like that. Fair enoughWhen Lenat left to get supplies, Voutok snapped back into focus."So crowd control, eh? Sounds like a good enough way to get involved. Lead the way. Oh, and the name's Voutok, by the way." Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

“Pleasure doing business with you,” Firion told the Vortixx politely as the two dismissed each other. To think, when he had first seen him, he had regarded the Vortixx with suspicion. While he was still somewhat shady, Lenat was quickly proving his usefulness. He wasn’t exactly selfish either. Firion planned to share his toys and if the crossbow was satisfying enough, he’d try and get a deal for all of the marines. He smirked, quickly reminding himself that he was getting ahead. He also remembered that he had a De-Matoran to help assist him with managing the crowd. Turning his attention to the De-Matoran, he offered a hand and gave the Matoran a firm handshake. “Voutok, my name is Firion. Hopefully we can get this done quickly. It’s somewhat boring, but you’ll get more experience eventually.”

The two Matoran left out of the shade of the alley and back into the plaza. Firion’s eyes narrowed as he saw that it was pretty empty besides a few Matoran stragglers who were slowly making their way back home. “Never mind… There might not be any crowd control to even do.” He told Voutok who seemed to be slightly disappointed by all of this. Firion’s eyes scanned the area and then he looked to the east. He could smoke climbing up into the sky. That meant fire. He doubted that an actual fire had been created so it could only mean one thing. Torches.

And where there were torches, there was always a mob.

“All right. Let’s move to the docks.” He told Voutok, leaving out the fact that they were heading straight towards a mob of vengeful and bloodthirsty Ga-Matoran. His mask was in an expression of grimace, so Voutok was able to realize that something wasn’t entirely right.

character_37075_f.jpg

What a wonderful night I'm having.
IC: Kotaran (Ga-Koroan Tavern)~ Kotaran sat on a stool at the bar, nursing a tankard of ale that, even to his unsophisticated predilections, tasted like it was brewed from distilled Stone Rat urine. The Ga-Matoran spat. Muttering a few choice words on his drink's quality and shouting for another, hopefully less undrinkable, beverage. He then turned to gander at the patron aside him, hoping to strike up a conversation. "Ye look as if ye've had a pleasant evening, aye?" he remarked to the bruised and scarred being beside him, irony evident from his tone. "Wha' happened, get in a fight with a blinking Muaka?" Edited by Javert

IC: Tehlin

Why, thank you for noticing my beautiful face.

It really is messed up, isn't it?

And yes, I'm having a wonderful evening.

My soul didn't get drained, so that's a major plus.

I only got into one barfight.

Only my face is bleeding.

There's a lot to be greatful for. Like the fact that the Skakdi didn't expect Sanctum Guard training. Or the fact that he had two drinks more than me. My eyes flicked upwards towards blue, a hard gaze from a broken face. "Got punched, you see?" I replied, a grin growing over my face.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Ga-Koro “Pleasure doing business with you,” Firion told the Vortixx politely as the two dismissed each other. To think, when he had first seen him, he had regarded the Vortixx with suspicion. While he was still somewhat shady, Lenat was quickly proving his usefulness. He wasn’t exactly selfish either. Firion planned to share his toys and if the crossbow was satisfying enough, he’d try and get a deal for all of the marines. He smirked, quickly reminding himself that he was getting ahead. He also remembered that he had a De-Matoran to help assist him with managing the crowd. Turning his attention to the De-Matoran, he offered a hand and gave the Matoran a firm handshake. “Voutok, my name is Firion. Hopefully we can get this done quickly. It’s somewhat boring, but you’ll get more experience eventually.”The two Matoran left out of the shade of the alley and back into the plaza. Firion’s eyes narrowed as he saw that it was pretty empty besides a few Matoran stragglers who were slowly making their way back home. “Never mind… There might not be any crowd control to even do.” He told Voutok who seemed to be slightly disappointed by all of this. Firion’s eyes scanned the area and then he looked to the east. He could smoke climbing up into the sky. That meant fire. He doubted that an actual fire had been created so it could only mean one thing. Torches. And where there were torches, there was always a mob. “All right. Let’s move to the docks.” He told Voutok, leaving out the fact that they were heading straight towards a mob of vengeful and bloodthirsty Ga-Matoran. His mask was in an expression of grimace, so Voutok was able to realize that something wasn’t entirely right.
IC: Voutok [Ga-Koro; En-Route to the Docks]Voutok, upon seeing the lack of the noisy crowd from before, moved his hand to the dial on the headphones Lenat gave him, turning it from "4" to "3", enabling his hearing to be the equivalent of above-average.I have a feeling things are about to get slightly interesting in a moment. Voutok thought to himself as he followed behind Firion on their way to the docks. As they were about to turn a corner, Voutok heard some kind of faint noise."Hey, hold on a moment." Voutok stopped Firion before he turned the corner. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I'm going to ask that you remain as quiet as possible. Don't worry, I'll hear you loud and clear if you whisper, but I need to check something..." he then put a finger to the mouth of his mask and turned the dial all the way to "1". His full hearing potential as a De-Matoran was all but unprotected now as he got a clearer sense of the anomalous noise. He continued the whisper, but to Voutok it sounded like the equivalent of speaking voice."I hear...footsteps. Matoran footsteps. Maybe a Toa or two but I highly doubt that. I also hear some faint flames, probably torches. And...I think I hear he sound of the butt end of a metal rod or staff or other such appliance tapping the ground. Could be a walking staff..." after a nonchalant tilting of the head "Maybe a pitchfork or scythe. This is either a company of hitchhikers with colds going for a nightly stroll, or an angry mob groaning in their grief and anger. I don't know about you, but I'm betting my widgets on the latter...the steps are getting louder; they're coming closer, maybe a couple of yards away from this street corner. I'll follow your lead." Voutok then turned the dial up to the "3" setting and slowly drew one of his bladed kanoka discs, casually tossing it sideways into the air and catching it once in his right hand before holding it over his left shoulder in a casual defensive pose.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Ooc: This is the second portion of the jam Snelly and I did to describe the demise of Baruk, aka Gluttony.

Baltarc, I told you I would do this, and I did. If you really, really are unsatisfied with this outcome, PM me with an edited reply to the jam I sent you and I might replace this with that version. But again, we are too tired of waiting. I feel we've been more than lenient.

Ic: "To kill me?" Baruk laughed. "Anthyn, you must be mad. I have done nothing to earn this ire."

"Quite right," Anthyn retorted. "You have done nothing... as a city is attacked and stormed, as a celebration occurs and a Turaga is murdered. You are worse than Decaia! Even he contributed to our purpose. You, on the other hand, with your slime and your decadence, abandoned everything and immersed yourself with your sin."

"Can you blame me?" Baruk asked with an unflinching tone. He seemed to regain his composure as he grew more certain what Lust was there for. Inwardly, though, he was flinching and afraid, but outwardly he was not swayed. "I am Gluttony, after all."

"I'm not here to hear your excuses, I'm here to murder you."

"Ha!" Baruk laughed quickly. His guffaw was short and booming, just like his movement. In a solid and unfettered motion he rose up and tossed the table aside and took a stride to Anthyn. His girth seemed unnatural for a toa and his speed was surreal; for someone as lazy and spoiled as he, he still was able to be quick. With his mask he could be immensely strong and match Anthyn's raw power muscle for muscle, maybe even defeat her. Anthyn was no fool, though; she understood the threat.

Anthyn replied with a fist to his face. Instantly, the power Baruk wielded was shattered with his Kanohi, and as the mask cracked in two and fall aside his body fell like a pear that had been balanced before but was no more. "I think you will agree that your fate is completely within my power now, Baruk," Anthyn said, towering over him now and lording her domination of one who a mere second before had a great advantage. Lust's lips curved into an evil grin as she spoke this, and for the first time since they met Baruk's face expressed fear.

"Mmmm," Anthyn purred as she looked down at Baruk. He clearly suffered, rolling like an overturned turtle, but he would never be able to get up, not without his mask which he would never have again. "Tell me, Baruk, what did you have for breakfast?"

The giant toa seemed confused why Anthyn had interest in his diet, but he listed off the daily menu with great specificity. "Fire-roast duck, lemon sauce, three-dozen eggs, rosemary oatmeal bread--"

"Have you ever heard the line, 'you are what you eat?'" Anthyn interrupted. Baruk stared up impassively. "Now, Baruk, I'm going to tear your armor off, piece by piece," she said. Her words seemed to roll off her tongue like silk and she seemed delighted in telling Baruk what atrocities she was going to perform to him. "I'm going to rip it right off of your fat body until you are nothing more than a plucked bird. And then I'm going to open you up while you live and pour spirits and salts on your wounds -- you know, for taste."

"You monster!" Baruk said, though in his agitation and posture it sounded like nothing but a gurgled mumble.

"And then... and then I think I'll put you through a stake and roast you in a fiery oven. Yesss, I think that would be fitting, don't you, Baruk? The eater's final apotheosis, become exactly what he feasted on all these years. Don't you think it's nice, Savina?"

Savina’s face had begun to pale quite a bit as Anthyn began to describe how she was going to kill Baruk. Now Savina was by no means fond of Baruk in any way, shape, or form, but all the same she wasn’t sure if anyone deserved that kind of torment, well perhaps poachers and people who hunted Rahi. Long story short she wasn’t sure how to answer Anthyn. “Well I don’t…know…” She managed to mutter, but it came out so quiet she could barely hear it herself.

Anthyn didn't seem to be listening, though, and quickly fell on top of Baruk and savagely tore off his chest armor. It ripped like cardboard in her fingers as she rent it without problem. Baruk yelled in agony at the sudden removal of his protection and his stomach seemed to bloat a little, freed from its metal prison. But he still could not move and only wiggled on the ground. Anthyn did not stop and tore off his shoulder armor next, then his arms. His leg greaves and armored feet came next until he was nothing but a mass of giggling organic matter. But he still had his digits and he flailed them around, tossing anything he could touch around him. Anthyn left the room and entered the kitchen, and when she returned she held a shiny, sharp knife in her claw.

"And now, time for a liposuction!" Anthyn beamed psychotically. Baruk tried to fight back with his elemental powers over Gravity but discovered, to his despair, that without his mask, he didn't have the power and will to use them. He was too distracted by the fact that he had to live and too drained of mental faculties that he could barely summon his abilities before Anthyn stabbed him. He was a carcass on the rack. All he could do was scream as Anthyn carried out her sentence. She raised the knife high and plunged it into his abdomen without stopping.

The cries of Baruk rang through the house and thundered through the halls, but they did him no good as Lust turned Gluttony into a delicacy slowly but surely. Salt, brandy and seasonings found in the kitchen were poured into his open cuts and made him cry out even more, but no matter how much he wanted to die from the torture he could not do so and Anthyn never gave him the grace. Instead, Anthyn seemed overjoyed with the experience, smiling sadistically with every passing moment in her play.

Finally, she seemed content with the result. "Savina, be a good, sweet dove and make a pike and spear Baruk with it. I'll get the fire started." She smiled congenially to the toa and said, "Pleeeease."

Savina at this point was trembling terribly, from the screams of Baruk, how carelessly Anthyn gutted him, everything. Though somehow she couldn’t help but watch the entire proceeding, never daring to look away.

Then Anthyn asked her to finish the dirty deed. Savina wasn’t sure what to do. Could she really do that to someone? She wouldn’t even harm a Rahi, much less a person...

Savina found herself creating a pike with her powers regardless, as it formed it trembled a bit in her hand. Savina slowly climbed up on top of Baruk, pointing the sharp end of the pike at his mangled guts. She looked at Baruk in the eyes, she could see the pain in them, at this point ending his life would be merciful.

Breathlessly her lips formed the words ‘I’m sorry’ as she raised the pike up, aiming to spear through the heart.

Anthyn rejoined Savina a moment later and looked at the scene. There, speared through, was Baruk, still alive and looking at the spear through his body with weak eyes and an aghast expression on his face. "Good job," Anthyn lauded Savina, "he's still awake." One more evil grin was on her face as she bent down and picked the stick up and dragged Baruk through the room, his blood streaking behind him in a greasy trail. In the floor of an adjacent room was a pit Anthyn had made with her hands and a flame roared in it. Without care, Anthyn easily set one end of the stick on one side of the pit and put the other tip on the other side, spanning it, and Baruk on it, over the flames. "Goodbye, Baruk. I'd say we'll miss you, but, well, that would be a cruel joke," she laughed. Instead, she plucked an illusionary apple from her hand and stuffed it into Baruk’s mouth. She cackled one last time before she stepped out of the pit and joined Savina.

The sizzle and pop of Baruk as he was cooked frightened Savina at first, but Anthyn didn't seem bothered in the slightest. She looked at the visage a moment before walking out of the room. "Do you know what's the name of that blue toa who can shrink...?" she asked Savina as she walked away.

“E-Emotia…” Savina said with unease. “At least I think that’s what her name is…” Savina walked away with Anthyn, though the image of Baruk burning was still in her mind.

Previously, in the BZPRPG:

"Do you know what's the name of that blue toa who can shrink...?" Anthyn asked Savina as she walked away.“E-Emotia…” Savina said with unease. “At least I think that’s what her name is…” Savina walked away with Anthyn, though the image of Baruk burning was still in her mind.

Ic: "Emotia. I think I recognize her as being one of those Mark Bearers," Anthyn mused as she walked over to where the Toa of Water was tied up. A glass of water was on a table nearby and she picked it up and poured it over Emotia to wake her up.Emotia shuddered a bit from the sudden wetness on her face, slowly her eyes opened to see the Anthyn’s face hovering above her, she could barely make out Savina’s thin frame in the background as well. She immediately tried to move, but found herself unable to, the effects of the paralysis made it quite impossible, not to mention the vines that were wrapped around her tightly. The smell of burning filled her nose almost immediately, combined with Baruk’s stench she realized what had most likely happened. “You…”"Yes, Baruk was feeling a little chilly," Anthyn explained with as much casual air as if discussing the weather. "Don't worry, though, he was quite warm for the rest of his life." Anthyn sat down next to Emotia and spoke as if in conversation. "You were a Mark Bearer, weren't you? Sh-shshshsh, I'm not here to harass you about that. But praytell, what emblem did you bear?"“I might have been…what does it matter?” Emotia said with some aggravation. It was after all rather upsetting to have your door broken down, get knocked unconscious, have a guest in your house murdered, and then to have the killers wake you up and start asking personal questions. “Why don’t you guess? Surely someone as cunning as you can figure it out yourself.”Anthyn laughed. "You flatter me. But just because I'm cunning doesn't mean I'm great at guessing games, Emotia girl." She brushed her claws across Emotia's chest that sent chills of fear down the woman's spine as the sharp digits scratched her.Emotia gritted her teeth as the claws went down her chest. Indeed she did feel chills of fear, though she was more afraid for her unborn than herself. “Well…you’d have to be cunning to be a Toa Arete, you steal the hearts and affections of Ga-koro and at the same time you’re out here, committing murder and Great Beings know what else without fear of discovery. That’s why I say you’re cunning.” She said, taking a breath. “It was excitement, by the way.” she added, deciding it was unwise to leave that question unanswered any longer.Anthyn flared a broad smile at the coincidence. Yes, she was going to have a lot of fun with this girl and the irony would be incredibly palatable. "I killed Baruk because he betrayed us and did not operate as a part of the team. We cannot be any less hard on ourselves than we are on those who cause strife in Ga-Koro. I'm sure you can understand, don't you, Emotia?" Anthyn asked and slid her finger from her chest to her belly. "You're a smart girl."Emotia flinched instinctively as the finger went down to her belly, but she quickly regained composure. “Okay, I can understand dealing with traitors. Though wrecking my house was a bit uncalled for don’t you think?” Whether or not Emotia approved of what Anthyn had done was becoming less and less important to her, coming out of this alive however was on the forefront of her mind.Savina watched the as Anthyn began to toy with Emotia, unsure what to do, or if she should do anything. She didn’t want Emotia to be hurt, but her loyalty to Anthyn was keeping her put and very silent.Anthyn tilted her head to the right as if thinking about her latest actions. Indeed, a rather pensive face materialized. "No, I think it was perfectly fitting," she said. "You twitched when I put my finger here," she said, revealing what it was she was pondering. "You don't seem to like it." Anthyn poked her belly repeatedly and grinned evilly. "You're always hiding something from me, Emotia. First you hid Baruk, then you hid your past. I wonder what it is now?"Emotia couldn’t help but flinch as Anthyn poked her again in the belly, but as she kept poking it no longer had much effect. “That I’m sensitive to poking? Alright I admit it, I’m ticklish, happy now?”Anthyn stopped poking her and gave an unconvinced look, she but relented and retracted her finger. Emotia's explanation would have to do for the moment. Anthyn seemed to be losing her interest and got up. "Savina," she commanded, "crush her with the vines."Savina felt a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, “C-Crush her? But I-“Emotia interrupted her. “No! Don’t! Please I’m…I’m not the only life at stake here…”Anthyn didn't seem moved. "Do it, Savina," she said impassively, still looking down on Emotia like a hawk eying its prey before it drowned.Emotia did not wait to find out if Savina was truly capable of carrying out the task as her body began to shrink rapidly, much faster than Anthyn probably expected at that. In moments she was but six inches tall and on the move, leaping off the couch and quickly sliding underneath it.Anthyn had been expecting that -- indeed, she was waiting for Emotia to trigger that ability. What she didn't expect was how quick Emotia really was, especially in that form, and she barely could tell where Emotia bolted to. But, undeterred, she smashed the couch away with her foot and lunged down to seize Emotia in her hand.Emotia had realized that the couch would only serve to buy her mere seconds, so she had made the most of it, preparing a blast of water with her elemental powers. Her size was diminished, but not her strength or powers. As the couch flew away and crashed into the nearby wall Anthyn would find a full sized jet of water heading for straight for her chest. This had the added effect of causing Emotia’s tiny body to skid backwards against the force of the blast, which only added more distance between them.The gush of water was another unexpected setback, but Anthyn took it in stride, too. With her quick reflexes she caught the blast with hor body for a fraction of a second before blocking it with an angled wing that deflected the beam of water away, slamming into a wall before flowing through the open doorway and outside. Once the blast was over, Anthyn jumped up with a bat of her wings, closing the distance again and springing forward to capture the little doll for herself. Since Emotia's blast had done nothing but pushed her away directly backwards, it didn't take any time for Anthyn to know where she slid to and jump to her.Emotia was still trying to recover from the use of that much elemental energy as Anthyn practically pounced at her, not unlike a cat chasing a mouse. She attempted to dive and slide further away from Anthyn and get underneath yet another piece of furniture, this time a small table, but ultimately it was futile.And just as Emotia slid under the table Anthyn grabbed hold of her and slid under it as well, though without the ease tiny Emotia had, and the table toppled over and collapsed to the side. Emotia was successfully grasped in the Valkyr's hands; Lust grinned at her as she wrapped her fingers tightly about Emotia, not letting go, and at first wondered what she would do.She took a gamble then, wondering what would happen if a Pehkui user lost their mask while shinked. Would the user return to normal size, or would she remain small? If the former, would Emotia pop apart like a party popper as her chest was tightly squeezed? Either way, curiosity would be sated and it would serve her own cruel ends. Anthyn flicked Emotia's mask off with a finger from her free hand. "Oops," she giggled.As the mask was flung off Emotia felt an incredible weakness overcome her. Her heartbeat went up as she feared the worst, what if she started to grow back to normal size? At first no one did anything, even Anthyn simply watched just to see if anything would happen. To Emotia's surpise nothing happened, she was still a tiny figure in Anthyn's palm. A new fear overcame her, what if she was stuck being this small? Her even tinier mask had fallen somewhere on the floor.Anthyn looked at Emotia with growing curiosity, almost expecting the little toa to return to size, but was pleased when she did not. Lust was not familiar with the effects of some Kanohi, making this as much an experiment as it was a game to her. Based on the result, she appropriately surmised that the Pehkui affected the mass of the user and kept them in their state until otherwise reverted. And without her mask, Emotia was in her state to stay."Well now," Anthyn said with rising excitement, "we're going to have some fun, you and I!" She rose up from the floor and walked towards the kitchen. "Look what I got, Savina!" she said as she passed the shaken Toa of the Green and showed off the new toy.Savina nodded at Anthyn meekly, she felt terrible about what was happening to Emotia. And yet there was nothing she could do to help her, or at least nothing she was willing to do. Though as Anthyn passed her went into the kitchen Savina knelt down and picked up the tiny Kanohi lying on the wooden floor.Emotia at this point knew there was nothing she could do to save herself, she’d just have to play Anthyn’s game, not that she really had a choice. “And what kind of fun would that be?” she dared to ask."Oh you know, girl stuff," Anthyn said as if in passing. Emotia was still firmly in her hand as she rummaged through the cabinets in the kitchen. Almost as if she had forgotten that the resident of the house herself was still there, she asked in sudden seriousness, "Where do you keep your vegetables?"“The cupboard to your upper right.” she answered honestly, having learned by now that lying would only make things more painful.Anthyn opened the cupboard and found what she seeked: A few mesh bags with onions, carrots, cabbages and, specifically, broccoli. With joy, she brought the latter down and began to split the head apart and set them up like trees in a tiny forest. She remained silent as she set this little world up and patiently set upright the trees that toppled over accidentally. Once all the trees were up she placed a head of cabbage beside the forest and then found a small box, which she placed beyond the cabbage head."Okay, Emotia, we're going to play now," she said, though to Emotia's little ears the voice sounded vastly louder and greater than it was, and also frighteningly more sadistic than it was inten-- Okay, so that part was right on the money. Lust, still holding Emotia tight, "walked" her through the veggie forest as if the little toa was a Barbie doll. "Lalala lala la lalala~" Anthyn chimed.Emotia didn’t say anything, though what she was thinking was obvious if you looked at her face. Anthyn was a real psycho. Emotia took to just looking straight ahead, though she had a sick feeling that the worst was yet to come.Savina didn’t follow Anthyn into the kitchen, she didn’t feel like watching whatever Anthyn was doing to Emotia. Instead she sat down on one of the view pieces of furniture still intact, a chair. Baruk’s torment and death playing over and over again in her mind."Oh nuuuuuu, Princess Prettypants!" Anthyn exclaimed in narration, "this forest is inhabited by wild Carrotmen! What do you doooooo? Well obviously I will kick them down because I am awesome!" she replied to herself, imitating Emotia's tinny voice. "Yaaaay!" she said, again speaking as herself. "Princess Prettypants, you've gone through the forest, but ohhh nuuuuu! It's Cabbage Mountain! However will you be able to get to your castle!?"“Answer me one thing, what we’re you playing at, bringing that girl with you?” Emotia asked suddenly, ignoring Anthyn’s narrative, honestly not sure if Anthyn was doing it just to torment her or because the Valkyr truly needed help. “Why does she follow you around like a lost puppy? That’s what I don’t get.”"I will climb over it!" Anthyn said for Emotia, even though she expected 'Princess Prettypants' to answer her question. But alas, since Emotia did not answer, Anthyn wasn't going to reply to her query. Instead she just smashed Emotia on the head of cabbage and smeared her over the "mountain" to the other side. "At lastica! The castle! Now you just have to get inside." To Emotia's great relief there was no more violence for this portion and she was just walked into the "castle."Emotia was stunned as she was smeared against the cabbage, not the most pleasant experience. She coughed for a moment or two after it was over. “Yay… I’m home,” she said as ‘Princess Prettypants’, though it came out rather dryly."Now, what do you want to wear?" Anthyn asked. "I want to wear my old wedding dress!" she replied. To follow through with this she grabbed a white napkin and folded it over Emotia, simulating a dress. "Yaaaay! Now let's sing together now, okay?"~I'm a Valkyr girl in a Toa woooorld!Life is spastic,It's fantastic!You can steal my mask or make me walk real faaast.Imagination-- Life is your creation!"If Anthyn was just going to eventually outright kill her, Emotia was starting to wish she would just get it over with. Being used as a doll was demeaning to say the least.As soon as Anthyn had finished with the chorus of the song she paused as if she heard something. Sure enough, she heard voices, at least a group of them. "Anthyn..." Savina could be heard saying from the living room, "those are guards...""The Ga-Koro Marines?" Anthyn said to herself. This would take a little explaining to do if she were caught in this...erm, situation. The freedom to do whatever she wanted only went as far as how she could bend the rules, and this wasn't something she could pull rank on. Still, she could pull a minor bluff and if that ploy failed she could use it to destroy the guards. There was no time to escape. Instead, Lust fled to the living room in a flash and put the sofa back on its feet.

She plopped 'Princess Prettypants' down on the seat rather roughly before she turned around and sat on Emotia, ostensibly to hide her. Anthyn was suddenly cool and composed, looking like she was in complete control. She would wait for the guards to come to her even as Emotia squirmed under her posterior in a vain search of oxygen.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

OOC: Okay, so I HAD nine pages of something I decided to entirely scrap. It was no good. Bad. Too much cliche, too much blood, too much memory.

So, I wrote this one in two hours. Riaril is back. Oh is she ever back and open for interaction... Dorian? Where’d you go you little drunkard? Your kneecaps have been claimed...

Also, Kriigata will be open for interaction in my next post with her. Promise. :)

IC: Riaril & Kriigata

She had passed through the open bamboo gate with difficulty. First she had been frisked for a glowing tattoo beneath all her silver scars. Once a trapper had recognized her on their way out to hunt the marines seemed even more alarmed. It had been hard work convincing the Marines on duty she was not a corpse risen by a necromancer, and that, yes, I would like to go home and sleep off the horrors of my life, and no thank you I don’t need an escort or food, and, yes, please don’t mention I’m back ‘cause I’d really like to have some peace and solitude for a while; now I’m going to walk past your spears and disks, go home, and fall asleep for three days, and I really don’t care if you try to kill me ‘cause I’ve already died once, and after the first time it just gets boring, ya’ know?

The door handle was driftwood, soft and fading as her blue fingers wrapped around it, each ratcheting gear tensing automatically in anticipation of the unknown beyond. Riaril breathed deeply, letting the foamy spray and smell of the sea rush through her air-wells. As a doctor, the concept of life-dermis needing air was well known but under studied. A doctor, huh? The sounds of life had led her back to Ga-koro. Now, with gulls screeching in the sky and sailors cajoling in the warf, she was unsure. Too much had ravaged her system. Her oath of practice had been broken.

“You can do this,” She said under her hot breath, championing herself to walk through the doorway. Her eye went to the bolts on the door: strong iron, newly forged and well welded into place. You’re going crazy girl, she thought, darkly amused at her nervous tick. “Is this what death does to you?”

With a final exhalation Riaril pushed down the lock with her thumb, guided the doorway inwards with an expert swing, and stepped through into a memory.

“Riaril please,” He stood there, hand on the door, Great Akaku barely hiding the guilt as the bed slowly cooled. “Please. Don’t go. I’m sorry.” She glared at him and turned away, attempting to exist the room. An auburn hand shot forward, clasping her wrist, drawing the toa of water back into the firelight of the small sconce in the corner.

“We don’t have to end things like this,” He began in a deep, sandy croak with the hint of a sob. His body bent into an animalistic hunch. “We can be happy together. I’m happy. Aren’t you happy,” He asked as if suddenly aware of her emotional existence for the first time, eyes dawning on the idea that perhaps she was not.

Wrenching her wrist away, she rubbed it and asked with displeasure; “You are not yourself. What’s gotten into you?”

“I’m in love,” He began, reaching out his hands to embrace her. She flicked him in the forehead, the blow knocking him backwards several feet into a pile of medical records with a *TH-Blam!*.

“You’re drunk. Or drugged. Probably both.” She retorted, backing away slowly, eyes darting to the black, leather object on her desk. Struggling up from the mess of client information, he followed her at her own pace; standing up now, arms in his coat pockets as if he had all the time in the world.

“Did you try one of Faerulo’s new concoctions?” Riaril asked. Please, Mata-Nui buy me time. I need time. It worked. With a roll of his eyes the toa of fire sat down in her chair, flopping himself against the stone as if lined with feather cushions. He gave a sigh of relief, then picked up a package of cigarettes laying on her desk.

“Tut-tut-tut: These things will kill you darling,” He said, lips pouting with disapproval as he wagged a naked cig in the air between his fingers. With a thought the drug burst into flames, the sweet smell of burning tobacco and herbs filled the office, wafted under the doorway into the hospital halls. He hacked away as the smoke invaded his body. “See? I’m dying already.”

“I’m a doctor. Not an idiot. Answer my question.”

He sighed and wiped his hands together, small bits of charcoaled paper floating to the desktop. “No, Riaril, I did not. If I’m drugged, then it’s your fault,” He chuckled sadly at the wit behind his words. “The point is, I am in love with you. That’s a greater drug than any, some say.”

“Love is simply an emotion, like happiness or rage,” Riaril said, her body positioned with the desk between them. Her yellow eyes were moving everywhere around the clustered room. She had been sleeping when he crawled up next to her, and sleep was beginning to set in again, dulling her judgement.

“I thought I locked my door. How’d you get in,” Riaril asked, knowing full well the door had been locked. I just unbolted it after all, she thought.

He chuckled and looked up with pride. “I climbed,” Takimoc replied as Riaril’s jaw and eyebrows dropped slightly. His thumb gesticulated towards the office window. “Took me about three hours dangling off the side of this cursed hospital -- did you know how smooth the matoran carved this place? No? Neither did I. Anyways, after scraping up my knees as my fingers clutched the sill, I figured there wasn’t much for turning around. They always say ‘what goes up must come down” -- He gestured with his hands to emphasize the phrase -- “But really, when you’re halfway up an sandstone wall to see your madonna, there’s only up.”

“Uh-huh,” Riaril said as she realized there wasn’t some drug-induced maniac in her bedroom. She sat down on the edge of the desk, body twisted lightly counter-clockwise to see his color faded armor, the linen color of his doctor’s coat. He must have forgotten to take it off in his hurry to play the fool. She reached out her left hand tentatively, letting it hover a few inches above the maze of items on the stone furniture piece. Sensing something, Takimoc responded quickly, thrusting both hands to clasp her palm, his face flashing forwards to come dangerously close to her own.

“I want to live, Riaril. Really L.I.V.E,” He sounded out each syllable with dramatic flair. She blinked, taken aback by his confession. He continued; “We swore oaths to protect life. These are the vows of our class, so why do we not continue to pursue life just like anyone else? Is team Kanohi Dragon some exclusive cult of secrets and interplay? I don’t want that. I know what Faerulo and Moriika have. Even Nakumiir had it, well, once... They have love, Riaril. Love. Know what that means? It means it’s time we found it too.”

“Every day I sit on a stool and cut open wounded matoran, limbless skakdi, occasionally a half-together vortixx -- why they never seem to come in unless they’re half missing I will never know -- even other toa. I cut them open, piece their broken bodies back together, and weld them back up. Why? Why do I do this? Because everyday I see you. I watch you work; your unfaltering passion to heal and keep death at bay from the wounded and sick is a rainbow of color amidst the dull and drab reality of my occupation. I’m a surgeon. I love the way we work. But you are something else. You simply know, like, I dunno’, maybe you’re the Great Spirit of medicine or something. If you are, please don’t drive me away for worshipping your light. Let me come closer to you. Much closer...” He leaned in, craning his neck for an accepting kiss. His eyes bulged as cold steel pressed against his lips. The black leather case lay open on the desk, her toa tool in hand.

“I am not a Great Spirit. You are not in love with me. And the problem with things going too close to a light is they get burned, even jealous toa of fire.” She growled and shoved with her sai, pushing his head upwards, sending him toppling back into the stone chair. With a huff, she spun on her heel, grabbed the lab coat hanging on its peg on the back of the door, and strode through the doorway into the present.

The circular pool in the center of the home was untouched, its geometric tile pattern around the lip of the ocean opening looked no worse than the day the bolt had -- She shook her head. Don’t think about it now. The musical stairway still climbed up the octagonal home around the parameter; the vines and plants seemed dead and dry. She stepped off the landing and was confronted by the clinking of glass, her balance almost giving out as countless green wine bottles rolled under her feet, the floor of the living room shifting and swaying in a domino effect. Reaching down and grabbing an empty bottle, Riaril sniffed, and was hit with the pungent aromas of: cork, fungus, cinnamon, and cherry.

“Wine bottles. I’m standing in wine bottles.” She said the words slowly, as if the concept of alcohol in her home after The Hospital Incident was some alien form of torture.

Wading into the kitchen only changed the booze from soft to hard, bottles of Vermouth, Vodka, and Grande Marniere were stashed in the window boxes upside down as if to be cleansed Kosher amongst the dead flowers (perhaps the being that put them there was attempting to water the plants like they watered themselves), their colored glass creating a hallucinatory experience for the eyes in great swirls of riotous color.

“What rainbow died and vomited across my house,” Riaril griped aloud, perplexed by the catastrophe she had been washed into. Every surface in her kitchen was a mess: knives lay embedded in cutting boards, pale powders lined the edges of the sink, a strange glob of silvery semi-liquid spread across the dining table curled her tongue, and everywhere the bottles were piled high. In some places, the drinker had been gifted with artistic talent, greens, browns, and whites lined up and stacked in patterns similar to the tile of the pool in the other room. Out the window, Riaril could see the prime real estate “back deck with the calm views of the sunset and never-ending ocean” had faired no better.

“I die, and my house becomes the recycling plant for the local taverns? Is this a joke...” Her blue armor still reeked of limestone and Mata-Nui knows what else had filled that grotto but the new light patterns were truly a horrible addition to her home’s atmosphere. Riaril grabbed a dining chair and shook off the contents of a half-eaten sandwich before sitting on it, bottles continuing to clank together happily like baby birds waiting to be fed. I just wanted some quiet. A little slice of isolation and peace. What am I gonna’ do with all this... She buried her head in her hands and coughed. Breathing deeply in here wasn’t going to work.

There was only one thing to do: clean it up.

---

The grotto muttered darkly to itself, dripping syllables as the wind hummed lightly across the underground lake. Consonants crashed together with the jump of a fish or the thrash of a shore-roaming rahi being pulled to the depths by a predator. Inside the earth, the damp horrors of the world moved, stalking through tunnels in search of food. Occasionally, if you paused and gave notice, one could hear the sound of a rahi in the throes of death. It was a comforting sound. A reminder that life sucked.

Bioluminescent algae outlined the edge of a world, a rocky domed ceiling cutting off all escape by sea. To leave by the water she had to swim down past the bengal-crabs, past the burrows of the snake-like rateki, past the rocky teeth protruding and holding the water within. Then, and only then, could the journey from the Northern most spit of Ga-wahi be undertaken to reach Ga-koro in the fecal armpit of Naho-Bay. It would be days traveling without food, without shelter. She would have gotten lost in the wilds, or starved in the deserts to the West. That bag of bolts, that witch of false medicine, that cursed, smooth-tongued liar was probably dead by now, lost or eaten by the hazards of her journey. Yep. She’s a dead toa.

Decay lay waste to the bedspread, its small periwinkle stitching all but gone. The great coral lamp hanging from her ceiling in the small cavern off the main grotto glowed and dripped with phosphorescent lichens; the plants had a ghostly white complexion, like hot wax left to cool into a grotesque and mottled form. She couldn’t remember when the bed had been made, but there it was: her hide-stitched coat rolled into a makeshift pillow, sheet shaken and scrubbed clean and straightened, even the molded food scraps were removed from their secret corners in the rotted headboard. A little note, a page ripped from her tome, was pinned to the mattress. There was single, crude, smiley face painted on with saliva-moistened soil.

Kriigata wanted to kill something.

---

“I need cleanser, the kind of stuff you could use interchangeably on your kitchen counters or to remove the emotional stains left from a family reunion; some disposable gloves, anything thick enough to be medical grade is good; a shovel, something flat-brimmed and good for snow, and a bag. Make that a lot of bags. Or, if you happen to know of any local toa of stone, that would work too.”

Riaril was sitting on the floor of a matoran’s shop, her head almost brushing the multitude of items lining the roof as they dangled from cargo nets by strings and metal hooks. The matoran had a necklace of shells around her neck, and in typical female Ga-toran chuckled at the quip before busing herself with gathering the materials requested. She talked as she rushed about, clambering onto step ladders and using a rusty kohlii stick to fish out higher items.

“Well, that’s a perfectly reasonable list, Toa-Doctor-Riaril. You are Toa-Doctor-Riaril, right? I mean, I’ve been hearing rumors about you walking out of your grave for the last few hours, and then, presto, you showed up in my shop. I am very honored to help you. Ah, would you mind shifting a little -- yes, thank you that’s perfect. Here’s your shovel. Do you want this all in the bag(s)?”

“Sure.”

“Alright, just a moment... Oh! How long have you been back? You haven’t heard about our new saviors, have you?” The matoran was standing at the register, hands rapidly sliding an abacus back and forth with the deft skill of a money-wrangler. Riaril slid a knee out from her cross-legged position and placed her hands on the ground behind her.

“Can’t say that I have, Little-one,” She replied, watching the total price in widgets begin to soar as duties were rightfully applied. Duties for the Marines. Duties for public works. Duties for the poor and hungry. Is this some new religious sect? How soon can I leave without seeming rude.

“Oh! Well then, I can tell you,” Sensing a moment of fame, the matoran batted her lashes at Toa-Doctor-Riaril and began. Riaril blinked on occasion, believing she may have broken some sort of vocal on the poor matoran’s mouth that she would need to repair before leaving; “There have been soooo many things in such a short period of time! Where do I start? Okay, sooo, um, yeah. There were these beings who had, like, glowing marks on them that made them suuuuper evil. They went around blowing things up and generally causing chaos. Anyways, I heard one of them got into this fight with -- you won’t believe this one -- and Angel. Like, with wings and everything. The mark guy died I think, and the Angel flew away, but half the dock was torn up.”

“The dock does look new,” Riaril said, realizing she may have made a bad decision once the words left.

“Oh yeah, it’s new. The marines hired out the work since they were so busy chasing down pirates at the time, I think a group of slavers in the kumu islets, to a group of le-koran contractors... They were soooo handsome. This one matoran, his arms were, like, so muscular. And his abs.. Oh, every girl here was fighting over him. You would have thought he was Kyju or even Hau, or something, with the way everyone was fawning on him. Not me though. No-ma’am. You won’t catch this matoran fawning over the boys. I have a duty here to my shop and my people.”

Somehow, Riaril really doubted that.

“You were talking about angels, erm, I mean, of the winged kind.” She said, trying to steer the conversation back on track. “I believe you added an extra duty than needed too,” Riaril corrected, pointing at the massive sum staring at her on the wooden beaded calculating machine.

“Oh. Oh! No, no, no. Not at all, Toa-Doctor-Riaril. That’s our Arete duty. It’s new.”

“Um,” Riaril said, perplexed. “Who created that fiko-web? When did Turaga Nokama approve the legislature?”

“She didn’t. Our saviors did,” the devout matoran replied, her eyes batting once more. Riaril sighed.

“yes, about your Savior.”

“Saviors. There’s seven,” She reproached.

“Okay, saviors. You never really told me about them,” Riaril said slowly, her patience starting to wear thin like her wallet. The matoran stuck her balled hands on her hips and glared, lips pursed. She was standing on a stool behind the counter, and could barely reach Riaril’s chin. It was hard not to laugh.

“I was getting there,” She said; “If you hadn’t interrupted me I would have already told you. Wow. Moving on now. The Arete are a group of seven toa who have become protectors of Ga-koro. We give them a monetary donation and they save us. It’s been happening ever since they expelled six toa from the village.”

“Great Beings, six toa,” Riaril gasped.

“Du’uh. I just said that. Soooo, yeah, they exiled them. Didn’t even need to lift a finger in combat. Just downright got them to leave. They were causing all this chaos, those toa, even shredded my house while I was at work come to find out. This building is new. The Arete rebuilt each house personally. They are our saviors.” She ended with her eyes staring into space, a look of absolute joy spread across her inactive matatu. Riaril grimaced. Seven toa ruling this village without the approval of Turaga Nokama. What in Mata-Nui’s name is going on?

“Well,” Riaril said when she was finally sure the matoran had entered a coma still standing or some form of trance; “I’ll be going now. Thanks for your help, Little-one.” With a gentle sweep of the counter Riaril collected her items and knee-walked to the door. The concept of a financial loss brought the matoran back to reality, her voice a splutter of shock as she yelled after Toa-Doctor-Riaril to come back and pay for what she rightfully owed! Turning around, Riaril’s face had the devilish smile of her youth.

“Why don’t you ask your saviors to reimburse you. Hey, while you’re at it, tell them I’m in town. I could use some business.”

Edited by Riaril

IC: Kotaran (Ga-Koroan tavern)~

"Got punched, you see?"

"Aye, how could I naught?" replied he, downing a gulp from his tankard. Better th' the last one, 'least, Kotaran thought. "How'd it come to end up like that, 'anywae? Sure to be some sort of story, there. "

Edited by Javert

IC: Tohi

She left on her own again, wandering aimlessly around the edges of the village, sticking to the outskirts to avoid being seen. Eventually she came upon a small hut that nobody seemed to occupy. There was something written on the sign next to it's entrance, but she couldn't read id. Tohi dared to peek in.

The place was deserted, and for a long time apparently. The hut was filled with cobwebs, most of the furniture was gone. The only things left were a table and a regal with several books and scrolls, covered in deep layer of dust. Tohi slipped into the hut, walking over to the regal. If the scrolls were as ancient as she was, perhaps she would understand something of it. The water toa dusted off the covers, looking at them carefully as she went. It was no use. All of it was in the matoran letters. the trend continued, but then something changed. An old scroll, made inside a bronze capsule appeared before her, and she recognized the symbols on the capsule.

Slowly, she turned her gaze to her shaking hand, where the ring she dug up in the sand was. Those were the same symbols. She did not recognize them, but maybe what was on the scroll would jolt her memory. Tohi laid the scroll on the table, wondering briefly if she even wanted to know what's in it, and what might have happened to her prior to awakening on the beach. But she quickly pushed the worry away and opened the capsule, unrolling the scroll before her. The sight stunned her.

Before her was a picture of six Toa, clad in ancient looking plate armors. Below each was one of the six symbols she now recognized as symbols for the Principles. And above the symbol of Purity was a female in silver armor, wearing the same toa tool and ring she was. And above her were five matoran letters. She didn't need to read them. She knew they were her former name. The water toa jsut stood there, gazing at the scroll, oblivious to time flowing around her.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

The head Marine stood flanked by two rows of her infereriors, three in each. They kept their distance from one another - the Juturna's were dangerous and they were Toa, which mean't she and the other Marines had to be on guard for elemental and Mata-Nui-knows-what-else attacks. It was one of the reasons and loved dealing with Toa - they were so gosh darn powerful and unpredictable. Kept her and her troops on their toes, prepared them for anything Makuta threw at them. That was the theory, anyway.

They approached Casa Juturna, and the head saw that the door was no longer attached to it hinges. It lay on the floor just inside the entrance. It seemed they were not alone.

"Ok everyone, weapons out. I smell rotten fish around here, too gosh darn suspicious. Somebody might have already broken into the house, meaning we'll have to deal with a burglar as well as Tilland and Emotia, or this might be some ruse to catch us in a trap."

The team grunted in acknowledgement. Nobody wanted to get hurt or die for any reason but defending the Koro from Makuta and his legions.

They advanced slowly.

"Juturnas, we are the Ga-Koro Marines. Please exit the building immeadiately." The head Marine waited for a response or reaction from the family, but there was none.

"Be aware that we armed. Come out now, and no one has to get hurt." Still no response.

"Ok, we're heading in" she whispered to the Marines.The head Marine crossed the threshold first, leading by example. The others followed her one by one. Inside, she was struck by the smell of something burnt, though she couldn't quite place what or where it was coming from. She and the rest of the Marines wandered a little deeper into the house when they saw a rather surprising sight: One of the Toa Arete was in the Juturna living room sitting on the couch.

"Toa Arete? How did you know about the murders?" the head Marine asked, confusion evident on her face.

---

Just waking up in her bed in her room in an inn, Labelle stretched and yawned. She was thankful for the sleep, and felt fully refreshed. Hungry, though. But then, she was always hungry these days. Still lying down, she stared at the ceiling.

The one thing I wanted to avoid, the one thing, and I was careless enough to let it happen. I tried so hard not to let my friends know about the effects the Mark still has on me, the Hunger, and now one of them is going to be punished for my actions. What kind of monster am I? I'm horrible, heinous, hideous and-

She giggled.

I'm hilarious.

She got out of bed, walked to the bathroom and washed her face. She went downstairs, where the inn had a small restaurant, and ordered a large grilled Mula fish. She tore into it, gnawing it apart and sucking on the sweet juices. She dipped the fins into some Seya sauce, relished the taste. Labelle gulped down a bottle of watered down moonshine, sat back in her chair allowed her meal to settle.

It's actually pretty funny, now that I think about it. A case of mistaken identity, with possibly fatal consequences! And the Hunger wasn't as bad last night, after I realized what I'd done. Maybe this is the type of thing I have to do to feed my Hunger. Betray my friends? Months ago I wouldn't have though of doing something so Sadistic, but maybe....

Labelle closed her eyes and relaxed. In her mind, she saw the mutated indigo Mark of Sadism glowing brightly.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Ooc: Savina isn't an Arete. There were two Arete in the house before, but now there's only one.

Ic: Anthyn sat with an elegant expression on her face as she heard the careful shuffling of the guards' approach. Her wings were splayed out to eather side, her right wing resting on the backrest of the sofa and the left dangling over the armrest. "Juturnas, we are the Ga-Koro Marines. Please exit the building immediately," the commander yelled into the house. Anthyn smirked; no, no Juturnas were here, or at least any who could speak... Tillian had vanished, as she heard, and Emotia was... unavailable for comment. "Be aware that we armed. Come out now, and no one has to get hurt." Anthyn looked around the room. Nope, no replies yet, not even from that knockover toa wrapped in vines in another room. Hah.

Anthyn could hear a whisper from outside, something to the effect of "heading in." Sure enough, the creak of wooden floors indicated that the guards were entering the house. They stalked through the couple rooms until they arrived to the living room and saw Anthyn present with Emotia.

"Toa Arete? How did you know about the murders?" the head Marine asked, confusion evident on her face.

"Where is your warrant to search?" Anthyn asked sharply in return. She saw none presented and shook her head in dismay. "I am an Arete, it is my job to be aware of the threats to the village. You think I wasn't already observant of the persons living in this house, particularly when they were Mark Bearers?" She leaned forward in her seat slightly, her gaze intent. "I'm two steps ahead of you, because not only do I have a warrant..." she pulled one out from her armor. "I can write them." There was a cunning little twinkle in her eyes as she revealed this important fact.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

IC: Savina - Casa Juturna -

Savina instinctively sat down next to Anthyn just as the Marines entered, feeling safer somehow. She kept her mouth shut, as she had no idea how to deal with Marines, unlike Anthyn, who seemed to have everything under control for the moment.

Plus last time Savina had to deal with Marines they had chased her out of Ga-koro. She didn't want to have to deal with that...again. Though this time she had blood on her hands, the fear of being caught was whelming up inside her. Surely they could smell Baruk's burning body, or would soon enough.

IC: Dalia:

Dalia who was (thankfully) still alive, regained consciousness. Now, she was tangled up in strong vines, and she assumed she was still somewhere in Casa Jurturna. And she still heard her attackers, and the Ga-Koro guard.

This day probably couldn't get better, so she stayed quiet. No need to go and die now.

IC:

"I'm two steps ahead of you, because not only do I have a warrant...them."

The head Marine smiled, relieved. "Thank you, Ma'am," she said, thinking the Arete was offering to write such a warrant. "We didn't think we would need one since we'd only come to arrest Emotia, which doesn't require a warrant. But seeing you here, I'm guessing you haven't been able to find her on the premises, have you? I suppose not, so we'll have to search for evidence, clues to where she might be."

She turned her attention to the person sitting besides the Toa Arete. She studied her briefly, thinking she looked familiar. She couldn't quite figure out from where, hoever. "Ma'am, who is your companion, if i may ask? Civilians aren't allowed near or hearing about active investigations..."

---

Labelle awoke with a start, the innkeeper prodding her awake.

"So sorry, I must have doze off there for a minute" she said hurridly, a smile on her face. She was too happy not to have one. She paid the innkeeper some widgets, thanked him and left the building. She walked aimlessly in Ga-Koro.

Sadism really isn't so bad. I don't know why I hated having that Mark, or why I was so insistent on having it removed. I suppose I regret that decision now. I never realized how much fun it can be. The fear, the rush, the excitement, the... irony. It's not quite the same without the Mark. If I'd had it last night, I would have felt...bliss. You always want what you can't have, I guess. Wait a minute, why can't I just get it back?

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Ic: "No, this is my paper," Anthyn replied sternly. "If you came here without one that's a breach of code and I can have you dismissed for that," she warned. "And of course you need a warrant for arresting someone. Even a Mark Bearer like Emotia is wholly a person and requires the respect she is due." The irony dripped from her lips like water, though it was not there for anyone but Savina and her to see.

"I have already searched the premises, engaged and apprehended the criminal in question." Anthyn rose from her seat and used her wings to collect Emotia in the feathers. "Come this way and I'll show you." As she turned her back to the marines she snatched Emotia's tiny body from the wing and slipped her into her breastplate for further safekeeping. The little toa would be safe from prying eyes there.

Anthyn led the way through the kitchen and showed the vegetable display. "Emotia was a psychopath and enjoyed messing with things, like this arrangement of vegetables. She wanted to play some sort of twisted game with me. I declined and we fought. A wall was here, you see, smashed away from our fight. She then relented when I defeated her and took me to this room over here." It grew progressively warmer as they walked down a hallway and the roar of fire and the smell of pork wafted in from under the door. "This is what she showed me." Anthyn opened the door and revealed the gnarly scene: A naked, fat toa on a stick, charred and cooked through by the fire in the pit. "Emotia was the worst of the lot," Anthyn said, stepping away from the scene to allow the guards full view of the grisly scene. "There's no telling how many times she did this."

And then she dropped the facade. She stood at the back of the column of soldiers and spanned her wings to cut off their exit from whence they came and advanced, pushing the crowded group of marines closer to the pit. "Emotia died in this house," Anthyn said, her voice no longer assured and benevolent but rather demonic and psychotic. "This whole house will burn, and you will die with it. I came here to close the loose ends and you, I'm afraid, are a fray in the fabric I cannot allow." The hallway was narrow; the guards could not use their weapons with great effect. Their hooked staves and swords were brushed aside by her free hands and she knocked the guards into the blaze.

She laughed as they fell. She guffawed at them as they writhed in the flames, weakened by the heat and marred by the forks of fire that consumed them. Still laughing, she closed the door and leaned on the door, relishing in their tortured cries of pain and death. She still smiled, broadly and vain, until the yells died away with their lives. Finally, she left the door and walked slowly from the hallway into the kitchen. Reached nto her chest armor she pulled the little toa out and looked at her. Emotia was still alive, though apparently unconscious. Perhaps being crushed by her butt had made Emotia go blue? Anthyn wondered. It was hard to tell, seeing as Emotia was always blue.

Lust looked at the vegetables and the boxes. "What to doooo," she pondered aloud. Then she had an idea. Grabbing some bread, lettice and condiments from another drawer and laying it out, she asked to the other room, "Savina, want a sandwich?"

"No..." came the timid reply. Savina was clearly not feeling too well about everything in the house so far.

"Your loss," Anthyn said as she washed Emotia in a little water, which woke her up, and then slapped the sandwich together. She turned to walk back into the living room and sat back down next to Savina before she smiled and shoved the sandwich in her mouth and ate Emotia whole. Then she became aware of a growing concern: The roar of the fire seemed to grow. Apparently the soldiers, in their attempts to escape, had done some damage, or maybe the fires had grown too large. "Savina?"

"Y-yes?" Savina replied, suddenly quite aware of the horrific acts her angel had done in the mere moments before.

"We're leaving now. This whole house will be nothing but ash soon." She got up and walked out the door.

Ooc: The guards were NPCs, and while there are a few conventions to follow, NPCs are still able to be killed without permission of the controller. Sorry, but if this spoiled your idea of a great scene, well, it's not happening anymore, lol.

IC: Savina - Ga-Wahi -

Savina followed Anthyn, not daring to look back at the burning house. Anthyn had effectively murdered everyone inside, and Savina had helped her. This fact alone caused her to feel sick, she'd done something unforgivable.

Well...it couldn't get any worse at this point right? She thought, to be honest she felt relief that it was over, she pushed the stinging guilt she felt back into the far corners of her mind, suppressing it. It wasn't important anymore, it didn't matter, the fact that she had pleased Anthyn however, did.

As long as she was with her angel nothing really mattered in the end now did it? Anthyn was the only one who made her feel like she was whole again, and Savina was quite willing to do anything, anything at all to keep herself by Anthyn's side. After all, she'd just helped murder several people, even one she might have called a friend.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that this was simply how the world outside the jungle worked, if you were weak, you were destroyed, survival of the fittest. It worked that way with Rahi, so why not with everyone else? Savina felt she was beginning to understand Anthyn and how she did things more and more. The feelings of guilt and sadness that Savina were feeling, they were wrong, they made her weak.

With the revelation, Savina began to grin, that grin turned into an amused look, and then laughter. Yes she laughed out loud, almost giddy. She felt like she'd been freed from something that had been holding her back for so long.

Anthyn, despite being who she was, probably was a bit surprised at this reaction. Savina glanced at Anthyn, still looking amused. "I just realized what lesson two was." She explained, causally taking Emotia's tiny mask out of her pocket. "Here, you forgot to put this on your sandwich." With that she started to giggle again.

She finally understood irony.

Ic: Anthyn and Savina walked away on the beach, on their way to Ga-Koro. They were silent at first, letting only the slowly escalating rumble of fire burn the house behind them to a cinder. But it was not long until Savina started to giggle and guffaw, catching Anthyn's attention. She turned with a bemused grin and saw Savina smiling sheepishly. "I just realized what lesson two was," Savina said.

The Valkyr was pleased with how much Savina had grown, even in the mere hours they had been together since her return. Anthyn was preparing to give the second part of the session after the wanton violence and murder they were walking away from, but Savina had beater her to it.

Lesson two: The weak never win. Baruk was a failure because he was not strong enough to be a Daedra, not strong enough to think beyond his sin and gorge himself on simple things. He was doomed before he even began. It's why he never contributed anything to the team. Simpletons were like animals of the most primitive kind, worth nothing but what their minds could fathom. And like a hog, Baruk was carved up and cooked, allowed to become what he truly was. Everyone had an apotheosis, a transformation. Anthyn's was when she went from being a Toa to a Valkyr. Baruk's was from Toa to roast. Savina's was from timid plaything to yearning servant.

"Here, you forgot to put this on your sandwich," Savina said before she started to giggle again.

Ah yes, Emotia, Anthyn remembered. She could still feet the tiny toa slide into her stomach, dissolving and becoming a part of Anthyn as she was absorbed. She may have been small, but she was good dose of iron and a great source of protein. Her soul was taken in by Anthyn, as well, augmenting those that she had forcibly ripped from their past owners, Savina's among them. But along with Emotia's psyche was another smaller, simpler one. "I’m not the only life at stake here," Emotia had said as she plead for mercy. Yes, Emotia wasn't alone. Anthyn had eaten another, too. The energies of those beings strengthened Anthyn and sated her hunger for now. "Thank you," Anthyn said, taking the little mask from Savina's hand.

Emotia was weak, too. She had given up far too soon, and while she had given the largest struggle of all those Lust had slain that hour she still became nothing in the end. She had given up hope and allowed herself to be an edible toy. She allowed herself to be weaker than the status quo. Anthyn didn't even bother to look at the little Kanohi in her fingers as she crunched the mask like cracker in her fist and tossed it in her mouth to have it follow its former bearer. Emotia wasn't even worth the memory. Memory.

"Here's to Emotia Juturna, Mark Bearer and Toa of Water," Anthyn said with a wicked grin of her own as she looked down at Savina. "She was powerful as both seat... and sandwich." The two women laughed loudly at this as the village of Ga-Koro came into view around a corner.

OOC: Rannin from Ko.

[iC: Rannin]

Upon arriving from Ko-wahi, Rannin's first thought was to find a random shamanistic priest who could help him out, but decided against it after remembering that there were no random shamanistic priests in the village. His second thought was to walk around the village for no real reason, until he could find something to do.

IC: NarratorThe entire building was ablaze, smoke rising into the skyin amounts unseen anywhere outside Ta-Wahi. The structure creaked and groaned, as if to say it was giving up. Sections of the walls caved in under the immense weight put upon them by their charred and fallen brethren. One last almighty crack pierced the air, and the Casa Juturna was no more, razed completely to the ground by inferno. Nothing was recoverable, and anyone in the house at the time should have died.Should have.IC:ReaverShe had returned to the cellar upon seeing the fire, curled up in the corner sobbing as the flames advanced on her.OhgodIdon'twanttodiewhylikethisit'stoosoonwhere'sEmotiaMataNuipleasehelpmeIdon'twanttogoIdon'twanttogoIdon'twanttogoIdon'twan-All fell silent as she was buried under layer upon layer of rubble. Seconds passed. Minutes passed.It was a full three-quarters of an hour before something stirred at the site of the inferno. It was subtle at first, a minor disturbance of the wood and dust, then, like a Phoenix from the ashes, she emerged. Scarred, burnt, broken physically and mentally, but still very much alive.Her yellow glinting eyes stood in contrast against the sooty and smoking armour. She dragged herself to her feet, and slowly limped towards the village, a large splinter of wood emerging from either side of her left thigh. She whimpered, both in pain and defeat.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

[iC: Rannin]

Rannin blinked in surprise as he continued to walk along the outskirts, noting a wounded figure limping towards the village of water from what looked to be fire and smoke. The dots connected in his mind, and he immediately assumed that the being was probably someone who had gotten injured in the fire, which probably came from a burning house.

He quickly began to walk towards the other being, hoping to see if he could help. "You okay?"

OOC: That's Reaver.