Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

What do you mean Dume "interfered"?

He is known to have saved Lhikan's life when he was a Matoran. Also, as far as we know he was a good and noble Toa, because I doubt that he would become Turaga of Metru Nui if he was corrupt as a Toa, so he would have been interfering when going on missions and such.

I doubt it is any Voya Nui Matoran because they hadn't had enough exposure to the rest of the Matoran Universe. I think it is either Tuyet or Dume.

Tuyet, in my opinion is way out, because of her several thousand years confinement in the alternate dimension, plus, she wants to take control of the Universe, and succeeding in the Kingdom AU. Anyways, Tuyet is absolutely out. Dume is an interesting choice, and it's possible, but again, back when he was a Toa, he would've "interfered".~Tobi
That is kind of why I think it can be Tuyet. She never behaved normally even as a Matoran and was always obsessed with powerful objects like the Nui Stone. I feel that Tuyet wanted to know more and become more powerful about the Matoran Universe. What do you mean Dume "interfered"?
I would think the Great Being wouldn't attempt to interfere so much with the MU, trying to turn it into an Empire and all.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

He is known to have saved Lhikan's life when he was a Matoran. Also, as far as we know he was a good and noble Toa, because I doubt that he would become Turaga of Metru Nui if he was corrupt as a Toa, so he would have been interfering when going on missions and such.
There is a old saying in Russia that goes something like this; "Do not walk into a monastery with your principles." If Dume was the GB he would observe and act the same way everyone else acted, besides he knows a lot more about the Matoran Universe than we know like in Island of Shadows he found the chamber with the Toa canisters far underneath the archives.
pewku.gif

There is a old saying in Russia that goes something like this; "Do not walk into a monastery with your principles." If Dume was the GB he would observe and act the same way everyone else acted, besides he knows a lot more about the Matoran Universe than we know like in Island of Shadows he found the chamber with the Toa canisters far underneath the archives.
Yeah, well, you have to remember that even though this is logical, it's not very practical.Also, of course he found the canisters, he had over a thousand years to explore an empty city. You find stuff like that, eventually.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, well, you have to remember that even though this is logical, it's not very practical.Also, of course he found the canisters, he had over a thousand years to explore an empty city. You find stuff like that, eventually.~Tobi
That is my point.
pewku.gif

That is my point.
He was also the leader of this island for about 80,000 years, with another 1000 years to himself on the island. I'd think he'd know about most of the things there. Also, if he was the Great Being, wouldn't that be weird he turned into a Toa? I don't think that Great Being had a destiny to become a Toa, nonetheless transform into one like a normal matoran.EDIT: There is even a quote about it: "I didn't spend the last thousand years playing with puzzle stones or making a dictionary of chutespeak, Lewa."— Dume to Lewa, Island of Doom Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Oh my glob, guys, I just realized something!So, I don't have the actual identity of the GB in disguise, but I think, and keep in mind, I only think, but I think I know something about the GB, in question. He's short, and he's been there since the very beginning. You may be asking yourself "But Tobi, how do you know this? What kind of insanity are you spouting? Do you feel ill?". The answer, my friends, is simple!In the Legends books, there was, at one time, two GB's who went down to the SC and placed Iggy there, and the shorter of the two suggested placing Umbra as a guardian for the mask, to which the other said no. But, as we all know too well, Umbra, was, in fact, a guardian of Iggy. So someone had to disobey orders, and who else but someone evil?I know this doesn't help much, but it's still something! :OMG:~Tobi

Oh my glob, guys, I just realized something!So, I don't have the actual identity of the GB in disguise, but I think, and keep in mind, I only think, but I think I know something about the GB, in question. He's short, and he's been there since the very beginning. You may be asking yourself "But Tobi, how do you know this? What kind of insanity are you spouting? Do you feel ill?". The answer, my friends, is simple!In the Legends books, there was, at one time, two GB's who went down to the SC and placed Iggy there, and the shorter of the two suggested placing Umbra as a guardian for the mask, to which the other said no. But, as we all know too well, Umbra, was, in fact, a guardian of Iggy. So someone had to disobey orders, and who else but someone evil?I know this doesn't help much, but it's still something! :OMG:~Tobi

Eh, there's a problem with claiming anything about the GB's physical traits based on that. Mainly the fact that the Great Being would have a new body while inhabiting the MU (As Greg said, he "uploaded" his consciousness into one of the MU inhabitants). Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "there since the beginning." =/

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Your logic doesn't make too much sense. But Velika is short, I'll give you that.

aouROFb.png

So there is a huge possibility that the GB was on Voya Nui. Maybe it was a OOMN agent like Axonn or Brutaka because both their first known assignments was to watch Iggy. Both are mysterious and know a lot about the MU. My money is now on Brutaka because of how he acted before.
pewku.gif

So there is a huge possibility that the GB was on Voya Nui. Maybe it was a OOMN agent like Axonn or Brutaka because both their first known assignments was to watch Iggy. Both are mysterious and know a lot about the MU. My money is now on Brutaka because of how he acted before.

Eh, there's a problem with claiming anything about the GB's physical traits based on that. Mainly the fact that the Great Being would have a new body while inhabiting the MU (As Greg said, he "uploaded" his consciousness into one of the MU inhabitants). Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "there since the beginning." =/

Actually, I wasn't actually speculating about his height, I knew he was probably a different size, and just wanted to point out that in his original form, he was... well, not "short", just short-ER than his partner. Also, I just meant he's been there for a long time, plus, I wrote that comment when I was half out of it. My medication had yet to kick in. XDI highly doubt it's Brutaka, because, again, his attempts at interfering with the Universe. But I'm definitely putting my money some someone who had been on the SC, and, most likely, on VN. Again, we return to the Velika theory. But let's keep our options open. You know how in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", they would ask if it was our final answer. Let's not say yes just yet... >_>~Tobi

Ah, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. ^^It's an interesting thought, though I'm not too certain that's the right GB (Still, we don't have too many other candidates, and it would be interesting if we had something to go off of for his identity as a Great Being). I still say it's Nuju. XP (My theory for this has changed so many times since the announcement was made. XD)

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Actually, I wasn't actually speculating about his height, I knew he was probably a different size, and just wanted to point out that in his original form, he was... well, not "short", just short-ER than his partner. Also, I just meant he's been there for a long time, plus, I wrote that comment when I was half out of it. My medication had yet to kick in. XDI highly doubt it's Brutaka, because, again, his attempts at interfering with the Universe. But I'm definitely putting my money some someone who had been on the SC, and, most likely, on VN. Again, we return to the Velika theory. But let's keep our options open. You know how in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", they would ask if it was our final answer. Let's not say yes just yet... >_>~Tobi
but you have one thing wrong, your reference to the book. For some odd reason i remember this quote almost verbatim.GB1: Are you sure that is enough to guard it?GB2: Don't worry the ignika will create more guardians if needed.Now don't hold me to this but this is the best i could remember. i just know one of the 2 great beings was worried that they might have not put enough challenges/guardian and the other Great Being basically calmed his worries by saying the ignika would create more guardians to protect it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

but you have one thing wrong, your reference to the book. For some odd reason i remember this quote almost verbatim.GB1: Are you sure that is enough to guard it?GB2: Don't worry the ignika will create more guardians if needed.Now don't hold me to this but this is the best i could remember. i just know one of the 2 great beings was worried that they might have not put enough challenges/guardian and the other Great Being basically calmed his worries by saying the ignika would create more guardians to protect it.

No, that wasn't it. I re-read the book recently, and I remember that the GB I mentioned asked if they should put Umbra as a guardian, and the other said no, that Iggy would make it's own guardians.~Tobi

Don't those two GBs not have names? Seems so, given that we're onl calling them that. In that case, neither is the Great Being in question, as the OP says the character has been named.~B~

Well, yes, the GB's body occupant has been named, but the GB might not have been.~Tobi
Considering the fact that (if my memory serves me well) only one GB has ever been directly named, then it's a good bet that this one hasn't.

Don't those two GBs not have names? Seems so, given that we're onl calling them that. In that case, neither is the Great Being in question, as the OP says the character has been named.~B~

Well, yes, the GB's body occupant has been named, but the GB might not have been.~Tobi
Considering the fact that (if my memory serves me well) only one GB has ever been directly named, then it's a good bet that this one hasn't.
Actually, there are two. There's Angonce, and the less well-known one is Heremus, but Heremus has only appeared three times and was only mentioned by name twice in the story.There was a discussion on page 6 about this: I think that we reached the conclusion that the Great Being would probably go by his actual name when he was in the Matoran Universe (for example, if he is Velika, his actual name would be Velika). Of course, they are both still as-of-yet unnamed characters so they are probably still out.

Actually, there are two. There's Angonce, and the less well-known one is Heremus, but Heremus has only appeared three times and was only mentioned by name twice in the story.There was a discussion on page 6 about this: I think that we reached the conclusion that the Great Being would probably go by his actual name when he was in the Matoran Universe (for example, if he is Velika, his actual name would be Velika). Of course, they are both still as-of-yet unnamed characters so they are probably still out.
While you do have a point, we can't be necessarily certain. It's just another mystery to the puzzle. But I definitely will consider this. I wonder if Agnonce and Heremus' names have origins, or if they were just another one of those "What Scrabble letters do we have?" thing. If there is an origin (I don't know, they sound mythical, like Greek, or something to me), then maybe we can use that to better help to identify other names from the same origin. This is just something I thought up just now, so don't flame me if I'm out of line or whatever. xD~Tobi

While you do have a point, we can't be necessarily certain. It's just another mystery to the puzzle. But I definitely will consider this. I wonder if Agnonce and Heremus' names have origins, or if they were just another one of those "What Scrabble letters do we have?" thing. If there is an origin (I don't know, they sound mythical, like Greek, or something to me), then maybe we can use that to better help to identify other names from the same origin. This is just something I thought up just now, so don't flame me if I'm out of line or whatever. xD~Tobi

Actually, lots of the Bara Magnan names have Latin origins. For example, "vorox" means "devourer" in Latin, "malum" can mean "apple" or "evil," "gelu" means "frost," while "metus" means things like "apprehension" or "dread." The names have surprising ties to their appropriate characters, which could help lead us to the Great Being. The problem, though, is that the names might have been based on the personalities of the characters in the story bibles, which are no longer being used. That means that the Great Being's name is from an earlier year (presumably), and the trait-related names are a more recent phenomenon, so it won't likely lead to the Great Being. Plus, even if an earlier character does have a trait-based name (for example Umbra, latin for "shadow" or "ghost") it likely won't link to any Great Being traits (for example, Umbra already has an in-story reason for his name).Lots of the later names come from similar non-English origins, as do the earlier ones. The mid-year ones don't really (i.e. 2004-2008 non-Toa) have non-English roots for the most part, I don't think, although some of them are based on modern words (including Latin scientific terms) and prefixes/suffixes (for example, Hydraxon).I doubt that we'd be able to figure out the identity of the Great Being just based on whether or not his name is noticeably different from his counterparts. For example, just look at Kapura, the original Great Being candidate: his name fits in fine with the other Mata/Metru Nui Matoran names. It would have been pretty interesting if that was a way to find the Great Being, though.

Actually, lots of the Bara Magnan names have Latin origins. For example, "vorox" means "devourer" in Latin, "malum" can mean "apple" or "evil," "gelu" means "frost," while "metus" means things like "apprehension" or "dread." The names have surprising ties to their appropriate characters, which could help lead us to the Great Being. The problem, though, is that the names might have been based on the personalities of the characters in the story bibles, which are no longer being used. That means that the Great Being's name is from an earlier year (presumably), and the trait-related names are a more recent phenomenon, so it won't likely lead to the Great Being. Plus, even if an earlier character does have a trait-based name (for example Umbra, latin for "shadow" or "ghost") it likely won't link to any Great Being traits (for example, Umbra already has an in-story reason for his name).Lots of the later names come from similar non-English origins, as do the earlier ones. The mid-year ones don't really (i.e. 2004-2008 non-Toa) have non-English roots for the most part, I don't think, although some of them are based on modern words (including Latin scientific terms) and prefixes/suffixes (for example, Hydraxon).I doubt that we'd be able to figure out the identity of the Great Being just based on whether or not his name is noticeably different from his counterparts. For example, just look at Kapura, the original Great Being candidate: his name fits in fine with the other Mata/Metru Nui Matoran names. It would have been pretty interesting if that was a way to find the Great Being, though.

Wow, you're more knowledgeable on names than I thought was possible. o.O Well, still, this is true.I would really like to be able to get more information or something, it's hard to narrow it down, and Greg's absence is really throwing me for a loop, because we're not getting any word on whether any of our theories are getting closer.~Tobi

I really don't know either. But if Greg wasn't absent, we could PM him a list of names, and see if we got one of them or not. Sure, it would be annoying to Greg. But we need ANSWERS, DARN IT!Ok. Ok. Make a list of EVERY Bionicle Character (within the guidelines if you want, harder process, easier elimination), and PM it to Greg.Problem (partly) solved.Nah, it's too drastic.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Wow, you're more knowledgeable on names than I thought was possible. o.O Well, still, this is true.I would really like to be able to get more information or something, it's hard to narrow it down, and Greg's absence is really throwing me for a loop, because we're not getting any word on whether any of our theories are getting closer.~Tobi
NAME MEANING ALERT!http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Velika

aouROFb.png

NAME MEANING ALERT!http://www.thinkbaby...eaning/0/Velika
O.OGIGAGASP! I think we have a winner!

NAME MEANING ALERT!http://www.thinkbaby...eaning/0/Velika
O.OGIGAGASP! I think we have a winner!
WAITWAITWAIT... MY THEORY WORKED?!?!I AM THE GREATEST CHAMPION! A WINNER IS ME!~Tobi

I think we got him. http://www.name-meanings.com/name-meanings/v.php?choice=meaning&gender=&s=40Velika means "great" according to this, too.

Edited by Weba Blamba

Here's my credo. There are no good guns, there are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people.

If only people had done this throughout Bionicle's run, the storyline would have been so much more obvious. :PThen again, it doesn't necessarily mean Velika is the Great Being, although I think he is one of the most likely candidates. We don't know much about him yet, though.

8% of BZPower has a message like this in their signature. If you are part of the 92% that does not, copy and paste this into your signature.

Oh wait...

Great discovery Chaos Dralcax.I wonder when it was decided that there was a Great Being in the MU. It's entirely possible this is merely coincidence and Velika's name was decided on long before the GB thing. Still, that might be a reason for Greg to pick Velika. I bet he knows about the name meaning.

Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

And now we play the waiting game....Greg! Are we even close or are we wildly off course and you will return and read through the posts and say "What the heck are they thinking?"

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I think it's safe to say...Big ol' image.

I lol'd at the picture.~Tobi
Paint FTW, eh?~performs finger pyramid of evil contemplation in waiting for GregF to arrive~
Watch him come back and just be all like "Guys... it was Roodaka" or something. XD We would've made no connection, and he would just be sitting there all like .____________________. and we would reply with HNNNNNNNNNNGGG!Yeah, that would be awkward.Anyways, anyone heard from him in a long time? Admins? Andrew? Anyone?~Tobi

Paint FTW, eh?~performs finger pyramid of evil contemplation in waiting for GregF to arrive~
Watch him come back and just be all like "Guys... it was Roodaka" or something. XD We would've made no connection, and he would just be sitting there all like .____________________. and we would reply with HNNNNNNNNNNGGG!Yeah, that would be awkward.Anyways, anyone heard from him in a long time? Admins? Andrew? Anyone?~Tobi
According to his BZP Profile, he hasn't been active since October 25, 2011. So, I doubt it. It appears that other methods may need to be used.

According to his BZP Profile, he hasn't been active since October 25, 2011. So, I doubt it. It appears that other methods may need to be used.
I noticed. I hope he's alright, he's been MIA for 6 months...~Tobi

I noticed. I hope he's alright, he's been MIA for 6 months...~Tobi
Such is life. I'm sure he's fine. Time will tell.