M. I. S. T.

Uncle K.

Logo_zps9e8bf4f7.png

THE WHAT

The BZKA (as if anyone remembers) is getting a small reboot in the form of a few one-off comics, released in

chunks as they are created, which can sometimes take... months. I'm busy and this is not a job.

Check back semi-regularly. I think I covered it all in the first sentence, off with you

THE BEEF

BZKA: M.I.S.T.

The Snow Ghost
(4 pages - Complete)
FinalPage1thum_zpse160b6a2.jpg FinalPage2thum_zpsded89747.jpg FinalPage3thum_zps621818b9.jpg FinalPage4thum_zps2b034afe.jpg

Once An Ocean

PART ONE

(3 / ? Pages) - New
oaop1thumb_zps1csciozi.jpg oaop2thumb_zpslqtewstg.jpg oaop3thumb_zpsd24pqtl5.jpg

BZKA: ANCIENT GODS

Spin-off Mini-series

(1 / ?? Pages In Progress)

BAGthumb1_zps812c3705.jpg

-------------------------

THE BONUS

Character Sketches

ok bye

Edited by Funcle K.
  • Upvote 2

While I don't know of the original BZKA, this is pretty awesome. It's a pleasant surprise to see someone combine comedy with excellent artwork so effectively (since, you know, most of the comedic comics here are made with sprites or MSPaint).

Does the Toa (presumably) in the first comic have a name? :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

Page One of Once An Ocean has been added to the the beef.

I've been kind of uninspired to keep working on this, but here you go.

Thanks for the kind words.

Does the Toa (presumably) in the first comic have a name? :P

Yes, we'll get everyone's name as they come up in the story.

Whoah. This is some stellar artwork, and The Snow Ghost was pretty hilarious. Can't wait for Once an Ocean!

Thank you; my aim was to make a scary monster that was still amusing.

Are we going to find out why he released the ghosts?

Yes, we haven't seen the last of the ghosts (though we have seen the last of the Snow Ghost form).

Watch this topic! You never know when another page will go up! (And neither do I, haha)

Well this isn't getting nearly the love it deserves. I love what you're doing with the dynamic shading in the first comic - those heavy blacks are such a cool stylization, I love when people use them effectively. I hope you incorporate more of that into your new comic - leaving everything brightly lit flattens the image too much in my opinion. Nice work, and keep it up!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Oh man, I'm so happy people are actually coming back here. It's so good to start my next semester like this. \(°u°)/

On topic, I love how clean the master post looks like, I know it sounds silly, but I'm just happy to look at it and see how much art is there. Compositioning like that means a lot to me. :D

And comic pages. Kind of makes me nostalgic. I remember seeing this colour palette in older comics and I really like pastelly colours. It comes of pretty well with the style itself and... Names. I'm so excited to see the ghost hunters name. /dance

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update:
Since I don't write these out in full before I start working on each page, I didn't know how I wanted to progress with the second comic. That, and this winter's been pretty poopy. I finally figured out what direction I want to to take this as it slowly happens during my miniscule free time. Once An Ocean was always going to mostly take place in a flashback, but I'm going to use that as a "miniseries" so I can write two eras of the BZKA whenever I feel bored with the other. I have lots of little fun ideas that aren't really worth the time it takes to draw them out so I have to pick the best stories that I feel everyone will love, and Once An Ocean finally got that inspiration.

I'm sorry.

So here's the prelim poster

onceanoceanpostersmall_by_uncle_k-d7a2zq

Edited by Funcle K.
  • Upvote 1

Page One of

BZKA: ANCIENT GODS

has been added to the beef.

What the heck?

(1 / ?? Pages In Progress)

BAGthumb1_zps812c3705.jpg

This is a new spin-off mini-series that takes

place during the original BZKA. Will be running

at the same time as the main series, but updating

EVEN SLOWER. I hope to get some good pages

done in the next few weeks.

-------------------------

In case you just want to look at the new art style

that photobucket completely crushed:

Full Bleed Art Page

Edited by Funcle K.
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Oh hello

- broken links gone -

I finally got off my booty (meaning "had five minutes a day of free time") and worked on this some more. I pooped these out fairly quickly tbh. I have other projects at the moment so doing these makes be feel a bit guilty for using that precious time. Ah well.

Here the style changes for a flashback, which will also contain multiple parts... just maybe not all right away.I finally have some of the stories mapped out in my noggin but time will tell (and lots of it) if it goes as planned. Page 2 of Ancient Gods is over half finished but I misjudged how much painting I had to do so it will be a while before I stop hating that page and can finish it. ...Anyway this is too much writing so I hope the ones who read this enjoy.

Thanks everyone

Edited by Funcle K.