Gary Glee(TM)'s Larva Hunter

topicimage.png

Entry Pic

Front

Left Side

Right Side

Back

Cockpit

Gary GleeTM is on a planet of babies. The problem is, they're the babies of an evil alien race. He's about to show these tykes that nobody is above the law, even if they cannot read it. Help Gary GleeTM bash some youngsters' heads with his Chill Sword and Hyper Plasma Cannon!

(Here I was thinking I wouldn't have any other entries when this inspiration strikes me out of nowhere. As you can probably tell, it's very Exo-Force inspired. Once again, no flickfires, sadly, but I did fit in a blunt missile launcher. I tried to fit it in a less awkward way on the hand but soon found out that's completely impossible. Also know that if I had a way to make custom decals this would be so tricked out.)

Er...I think baby-hunting would be kind of non-PG rated...lolz.

Nice model :) I like how you incorporated system, Bionicle, and HF parts. Colour scheme works well too. Is that a Cap America Minifig inside that Mech? XD

Oh, and how did you get the background to fit with the model so well? The lighting's quite good too. Would be great if you could let in on how you did it >.< Thanks! :)

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Are you so sure about that?

Nice model :) I like how you incorporated system, Bionicle, and HF parts. Colour scheme works well too. Is that a Cap America Minifig inside that Mech? XD

Yeah, it is! It's actually my prize from the second Comic Contest. standing in for Gary Glee.

Oh, and how did you get the background to fit with the model so well? The lighting's quite good too. Would be great if you could let in on how you did it >.< Thanks! :)

I hate to disappoint you, but the answer is "pure dumb luck". :P I just Google searched Asteroid and found an image that looked nice and the lighting just happened to fit.

Are you so sure about that?

Yeah, it is! It's actually my prize from the second Comic Contest. standing in for Gary Glee.

I hate to disappoint you, but the answer is "pure dumb luck". :P I just Google searched Asteroid and found an image that looked nice and the lighting just happened to fit.

Somehow knew you'd take me to that video XD. As in, did you use Photoshop to combine the two images?

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

As in, did you use Photoshop to combine the two images?

Yeah. I used Quick Selection to cut out just the MOC from the image, feathered the selection by one pixel, fixed up the edges a little, and put it on the background, and used the Paintbrush to make a sloppy shadow underneath it.

Looks good though XD. Thanks for the detailed answer :D

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

This guy is just begging for some sweet custom d's, but even without it rings very true to Lego aesthetic - play functions, a nice cohesive color scheme, heck frankly your incorporation of system is probably above the level of detail Lego would put into something like this. I really like how smoothly you incorporated both system and bionicle styles into this guy making him feel like a true mech without separating him completely from regular Lego sets he'd be included with if this were a real line. Nice job, and I love the description! Even babies need to feel the sting of justice sometimes.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND