Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

"But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

-Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address

IC: Reordin (Rama Hive, Le-Wahi)

"Well, in that case."

Reordin stood up after finishing his omelette, followed quickly by Sulov and Lepidran; surveying the camp, the Ko-Matoran realized that they had still subconsciously laid out tents for Stannis and Oreius. Deep in his gut, a sinking feeling like an anchor began to drop right down, like a man caught in freefall after taking a jackknife off a cliff. By now, the other two Company members had to have the last stone; if they didn't, then there was undoubtedly a problem and something had gone very, very wrong. Prophecy failed.

Though Reordin knew that would prove him right in his sheer logical view of the events and challenges the Wanderer's Company had taken on since Stannis' mission had began, he found no real solace in that thought. Though it would undoubtedly hurt his pride if Stannis were right...it would feel a lot better in his heart. It was only now that the Guardsman realized the prophet's true gift: he had inspired hope, or at least the seeds of it, in the darkest corners of both Mata Nui and in their souls. They tried to teach you that kind of thing when you were going through the motions as a Guard cadet, but that had always seemed so trivial to him, such a folly amongst follies; you learned nothing as a trainee that you weren't already born with.

No, you could not inspire men to greatness with lessons taught from a textbook, nor with lessons taught from any religious text: it was a calling inside the very soul. Reordin understood it; as did Sulov, Leah, Oreius, soldiers in their own right. It was only now, after they had been through so much for so long, that the Ko-Matoran realized it had also been in Stannis' soul.

You may not be able to petition the Lord with prayer, but trying to do it with a sword won't get you very far, either.

Reordin coughed, then, distinctly uncomfortable with the way his thoughts were becoming more and more Wandereresque, and motioned towards the jungle.

"We should move."

Of all the places that deserved the bright, cheerful sunshine Le-Koro was so renowned for, the place where the Nui-Rama hive had drawn its final breath was not ranked near the top of the list, nor even the middle. No, its niche was at the bottom, reserved for only the dankest and worst of hellholes, and Reordin's very soul crawled, repulsed like a rich man who shied away from a beggar, dirty and helpless and begging for aid from the more fortunate, at the thought of returning here.

This place, in Reordin's mind, was worth the four hour walk from the campsite only because it represented, to him, everything that made the Matoran wonderful: the men and women who had fought here were ballsy, resilient, able to take on as massive a foe as any the island had seen in generations and win through sheer pluckiness and natural ability. That, and the Suva that would lead to them becoming the First Toa reborn and would hopefully be the kickstarter for them taking down Makuta for good.

But mainly the pluckiness thing.

He bent down by one Sanctum Guard badge and plucked it from the ground, reading the name Darrick Bane inscribed on the insignia with a slightly trembling jaw. One corner of the badge was charred, and the name was starting to chip and rust, an insult to the regular state of polish Reordin knew the badge had been kept in while its wearer was alive. The Ko-Matoran slid the badge into his pocket and then looked up, seeing three Matoran advance from the opposite treeline. The one in the back, Reordin didn't know, but after a second he recognized the point man and his throat caught: almost nervously, he cast a glance to the Pa-Matoran in the middle, and slowly, his face turned into a smirk, skillfully hiding whatever emotion may have been displayed in his eyes.

"About time you lot showed up!" he called, standing up. "We were running out of card games to pass the time with!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Plagia - Jungle

Well, this guy knew his stuff, or at least had read about enough adventures to know what to learn first. Plus, he was eager, which meant it would be easy to get him focused on something. And he was an Onu-Toa, so he could probably be able to take a beating (which he would need, if he was practicing agility).

"You've got that right," I replied, grinning a little, "Well, in that case, the key to a landing from a great height, is to immediately roll into it; that way the kinetic energy-stuff gets used up in that movement, rather than reverberating up and breaking things in your body. Understand?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Eniblad - Jungle

Sore from the constant bumps, and bored of just hanging onto the Kane-Ra's horns, Eniblad activated his Kadin, rising up into the air, where he proceeded to follow the rest of the group.

OOC: Eniblad to Ko-Wahi.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: Stannis stood by his Kahu and pet the loyal bird while he waited. Waited. Waited for what? Oreius and Korero gave him inquisitive glances a moments in, bordering the worrisome and the confused.

"Should we maybe fly up and loo--"

"We wait," Stannis said.

"For what?"

"For them." And that was that. Stannis remained expectant, looking into the jungle's edge when he wasn't giving the Kahu a treat. They remained there for what seemed like eternity and the prophet had nothing to go on but a trust that Mata Nui shined down on the other Chosen Matoran as much as he did on his group. With every panoramic survey of the forest he felt his senses tingle with uncertainty but he had to be firm. He had to believe that Reordin would come any moment, emerging from the treeline with his company.

The smallest artificial snap of a wet branch caught Stannis ear and he immediately turned to look at its direction of origin. They were faint at first, stealthy but still detectable. Leah's clumsiness on the ground had triggered the stick, Stannis bet correctly. As he looked down at the four Matoran his dark frown grew to a content grin. Reordin's team had arrived. He remained silent as he watched the four go near the Suva and he slowly walked forward to meet them, Korero and Oreius (and Inu) behind him.

"About time you lot showed up!" Reordin called, standing up after inspecting something on the ground. "We were running out of card games to pass the time with!"

"Let it be known to all that while we endured mortality's knife and inner strife Reordin's side resorted to playing trivial games," Stannis verbally slapped in turn as he walked to meet Reordin with arms open wide. As the two men came near to each other Stannis seized the Ko-Matoran in an embrace and patted three times. "It's good to see you all," he gasped with relief, his voice muffled by Reordin's shoulder. He embraced all the others in kind, truly grateful to see them again after three days of being without them.

Stannis gestured for Korero to step forward. "This is Korero," he said to introduce him. "We more or less stumbled into him in our flight from the fishing village. This is Reordin, Leah, Sulov and Lepidran. Korero will be our chronicler," Stannis said, summing everything up in a neat little debrief.

As the others got to know Korero, Stannis tapped Reordin to the side. "The stones. You have them?" he asked.

OOC: Ah, there you are. I was staring to get worried. ;)IC: KehuriAs it turned out, Kehuri liked being right. He thought about her explanation, and the memory of one of Nuparu's inventions came to mind. It had used that principle in some way, according to the inventor's explanation. Kehuri hadn't understood it at the time. He didn't need to in order to make it work. Still, he got the general idea, though. "I've got the general idea. I'm just not sure how to apply it. I can't see myself rolling without coming to a full stop first."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Skyra - Gukko Force HQ, Le-koro -

Koropaki seemed to be somewhat surprised by my appearance, he had tried to mask it but I could see it in his eyes as he quickly recovered himself. He obviously had not expected for someone else to be present in this little meeting, but he did not seem worried. I didn't show it, but this reaction from him made me smirk inwardly.

“Koropaki, please kind-meet Commander Skyra, of the Force,” Kongu said, “She, as well as all of my brave sky-fighters, hold stake in this heart-offer of yours. Skyra, this is Koropaki, of the Cultured Gentry”

I offered my hand to the elderly Ko-matoran. "Greetings, Mr. Koropaki." I said with professionalism and respect, I had a rather stoic expression however, you wouldn't get me to smile in front of this guy, not in a hundred years, and by then he'd probably be dead from a heart attack.

With the blasted formality over, I waited to see what this guy had to offer us. Just let him try to pull one over us, will see how well that goes.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Naru

The Toa of Plasma listened, interested. She wasn't the most agile of Toa, thanks to her many knives strapped across her torso, but it wouldn't hurt to learn a few things. Besides, standing in one spot during a fight wasn't exactly her idea of fun, but jumping around wouldn't help with actually aiming her weapons. Perhaps something in the middle.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Oreius)

Oreius couldn't keep from smiling as the sundered Company was finally reunited. Reordin, Sulov, Leah, Lepidran... each face was brighter and friendlier than he remembered. Until now, he hadn't realized how afraid he had been that they would wait here, in the shadow of the ruined Rama hive, and never stop waiting.

They had been separated for nearly a week; with Makuta and his hounds scouring the island for them, it had been unlikely that they would all arrive at the meeting place alive and unharmed. But it had happened exactly like that. Destiny had protected them.

Except... Oreius was reminded of Inu's presence as the parakuka's spines shifted beneath his flesh. He hadn't arrived unchanged; no, he had been attacked by one of Makuta's offspring, and now he had brought him here, to the place where all their blood, sweat and tears would finally bear fruit.

The Ta-Matoran believed that Inu wasn't evil, but he knew that the Makuta always seemed to reveal his winning move just after his opponents thought they had won. The First Toa, at the height of their power, had descended into the Kini-Nui... and never returned. After meeting Joske, with whose help they could secure the keys to defeating Makuta, they had been ambushed and separated by three of the dark one's servants. Now, as the Wanderer's Company stood before their destiny, the one they had waited, hoped, and worked for, for so long, Oreius couldn't help but feel a vague sense of foreboding.

Do not be afraid, Inu said, filling Oreius' mind with a rare sense of comfort. If my father shows himself, we will destroy him. So destiny has said.

How do you know all of this? From me?

I learned part of it from your memories, yes, but Onewa taught me much. He and his peers spoke often of prophecy.

So. Even when the Company had thought themselves alone, Takua hadn't been the only one watching the stars. The Turaga had known of the Prophecy, too. Unbidden, Oreius' mind raced back to that fateful day when he had met with Turaga Vakama in his hut, and resigned from the Guard. Had Vakama had any idea at the time that this action, taken in defiance of destiny, would lead to Oreius becoming one of Mata Nui's chosen? Had he guessed?

He would never know. But, somehow, it was enough to simply know that the elders had known of their Quest, and had thought of them often.

These thoughts had only taken seconds; Oreius returned to reality to see the other half of the Company standing before him. Stannis and Reordin embraced, their usual tension nowhere to be seen. They were all simply happy to see each other again.

They are your friends, Inu said sadly, his thoughts bleak and edged with loneliness. He presented an image of himself, a forlorn slug, lying alone on an empty, windswept beach, abandoned. But not mine; they will not accept me, you know.

Oreius frowned inwardly. Yeah, but you can't exactly blame any of them for that.

I know. That is the least acceptable knowledge.

Despite their increasingly frequent conversations, Inu still occasionally misspoke, the images and sensations he sent translating into odd or stilted dialogue in Oreius' head. The Ta-Matoran had attributed this to a lack of practice, but Inu insisted that it was because his mind worked differently than Onewa's. The Turaga would have understood his meaning perfectly, but Oreius' foreign thought patterns meant that his attempts at communication were sometimes distorted.

Before Oreius could reply, he became aware of four pairs of eyes staring at him, their curious glances morphing into looks of worry and caution. He turned his gaze outward, and knew exactly what they were looking at.

As if in preparation for the onslaught, Inu seemed to contract against his host's back, drawing himself tighter against Oreius' spine.

IC- Verak - Kane-Ra Stampede

Verak and Kal continued to hurl witty one-liners back and forth from their Kane-Ra. It was a sight that might make a less self-confident being jealous. Both were handsome, lean Toa, obviously well practiced at smart conversation. Although Kal was by far the better rider, Verak seemed more comfortable atop his galloping Rahi, seemingly unfazed by his dangerous position. Verak, at least, was enjoying himself immensely, becoming more and more adamant about staying on his Kane-Ra.

So focused was he that he did not notice the leaves turn to pine, the vines turn to icicles, and the leafy foliage become snow. He did not even realize the direction the crew of Toa he was with was taking him until he recognized that he was back in the chilly region of Ko-Wahi.

OOCVerak to Ko.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Lenzo, in his training area of his hut's backyard.

I stood still, surrounded by an arrangement of upright logs spread evenly around me. One hand was on my katana, Fenrir, the other on its scabbard. I took several deep breaths, and exhaled slowly. I kept my eyes shut as I meditated, feeling every ridge of the wrapped hilt of my katana.

A sword is not a tool. It is an extension of the self. I stepped forward and in a blazing quick motion, drew my sword and slashed the log in front of me three times before sheathing my katana with a click of the scabbard. The log fell apart in three neat chunks. I turned around, readying for another attack.

The sword and I are one. It is an extension of me. I dashed forward and slashed several times, and sheathed Fenrir once more, the logs dropping to pieces.

Together, the sword and I...are invincible. Nothing can stop us. I gathered air around the blade of the sword and spun, sending out a slash at all the logs and cutting them all cleanly in half. They all dropped in pieces, and I sheathed Fenrir, lifting up the brim of my hat to examine my handiwork

"Well done" said a voice in my head. "Always with the practicing, yet you never bother to use the sword on something fleshy."

"You know why Ferum," I responded quietly. "This is merely to keep my skills from going rusty."

Ferum laughed. "With your skill, it'll take hundreds of years to finally rust. I'm tired Len. I want to get some action in!"

I shrugged, unsheathing Fenrir to check for scratches and found none. "I'm sorry. If I had a mask of Time I'd be sure to go back to that lovely Pala-Koro battle. And then you'd be happy, getting a chance to fight the Followers of Makuta and ILF members alike." I doubt I would enjoy that.

"Happy? I'd be ecstatic! The best fight is when you're on your own side, fighting anyone and anything!"

I returned Fenrir to its place on my hip and walked to my hut, finding a watering can and started to water the plants in the backyard. "Fighting is a necessary evil, but in my own time of peace, practice is simply a good way to pass the time." I watered some lovely flowers that were coming in nicely and looked up at the sunlight filtering gently through the forest. "I have no intentions of going out to fight some rahi for your own amusement, Ferum."

Ferum snorted, if that was even possible for a sentient Kanohi mask. "I hope you enjoy only using your elemental powers then."

"Calixes were grossly misnamed," I murmured. "Why does it bring me to the peak of my abilities, when I find I am good enough? Why not live up to the name, and show me my own fate, or make it so I can alter it, or others?"

"Mata Nui works in strange and mysterious ways," Ferum quipped.

"How very...philosophical of you. You surprise me every day, Living Mask."

"As do you, Toa of Air."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Yeah, yeah, we got the stones," Reordin drawled, pretending to be bored with Stannis' request for a debrief. "Listen, I want to make something clear right now, before we go any farther."

Stannis was silent, his grey eyes slightly curious, which Reordin took to mean he could keep talking; the Ko-Matoran could acutely feel Leah's gaze on his back, interested in the conversation.

"I'm not going any farther because you're the Wanderer."

A sudden stop to all conversation. Stannis' eyes suddenly darkened slightly, but Reordin, ever perseverant, continued anyway.

"I'm not doing this because of some years-old prophecy, which says we're all meant to save this island or die trying. I'm not doing this because there's a little well of faith and love for the spiritual somewhere deep in the basin of my soul, and I'm not especially not doing this because I believe you are my god-sent Messiah, here to liberate me from a century of oppression from the same force that conceived this abomination we now stand in front of."

Stannis opened his mouth to speak, now, but Reordin's intelligent blue eyes flicked upwards to his sharply, and the Wanderer's half-mounted defense stopped in its tracks.

"But I will do this because you're my best friend," he continued, a grin across his face, "and I'm not gonna let you go down there and suckerpunch Makuta out of existence without me at your back."

The two embraced again tightly, and now he could feel the gazes of the whole team on top of them as Reordin muttered "Good to see you again, brother" under his breath and released, turning back to the group at large.

"Now, with that all said and done...we have a problem."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Leah had curiously studied what was left of the hive that had dominated and terrorized the area just a few weeks ago. So much had changed since then, Leah almost felt like she was in a completely different place. But the structure rising from the burned remains of the hive had burned itself into her memory. This was the place. There was a certain anxiousness among the group, intensie enough that Leah almost thought the feeling would become tangible. They had not heard from the others in days now and who was to say that they had made it here yet, or if they were coming at all...

Reordin had just bent down to pick up what Leah realized must have been a guard-badge, a remnant from the battle, when he spotted something. Leah looked in the direction he was watching and started to smile broadly. There were more Matoran coming. Matoran she well-recongized.

"About time you lot showed up!" Reordin called, standing up. "We were running out of card games to pass the time with!"

They quickly hurried to close the distance between them and in the shadow of the Suva, the chosen Matoran were reunited. Several hugs later, they were all focusing back on the task at hand...and the obstacles still to overcome. and Reordin pretty much summed up what they all were feeling, to some degree at least.

"But I will do this because you're my best friend," he concluded, a grin across his face, "and I'm not gonna let you go down there and suckerpunch Makuta out of existence without me at your back."

Him and Stannis embraced once more before Reordin turned back around to the rest of the group.

"Everyone we know and love is on this Island; our home. And if we can save it and them, then there is nothing that can stand in our way to that goal." Leah said, though more to herself than to the others. But Reordin had heard it and nodded.

------------------------------------------------

Sisk looked at Verdi and nodded his head in the direction Skyra and Kongu had gone. He could still see them walking, crossing onto the adjacent platform to the central one. "We quick-follow. See what's soon-happening."

The Matoran followed the Captain and Commander quickly, until they caught up with them on the next platform. Their path led them back to the Gukko-Force headquarters where the old Ko-Matoran from the Cultured Gentry was already waiting for them. Sisk didn't let it show in the old man's presence, but he shared Verdi's and Skyra's doubts. And if their motives were actually pure, the timing had been chosen rather poorly. They followed Kongu and Skyra up into the cpatain's office, where Kongu introduced the man named Koropaki.

While he and Skyra exchanged pleasantries, Sisk and Verdi hung back, standing attentively besides the door. First of all, because they were in the presence of their commanding officers and secondly because Sisk trusted his superiors judgement. Kongu was almost as wise as Matau had been. The thought of the Turaga stung in his chest. And Skyra. Well, despite the obvious changes, she was as outspoken against the Gentry's help as he had been, so he trusted her as well.I just hope they make the right call.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic: Stannis thought of things to say but decided against it. It was obvious behind Reordin's denials that Reordin secretly believed everything else, he believed in what Stannis represented and acted for, but despite all of that it wasn't why Reordin would fight on. This, Stannis knew, was Unity, putting aside differences to be together for Duty's sake. And he was happy with it. They embraced again.

Then Reordin's tone sank a few notches and he was serious again. "Now, with that all said and done...we have a problem."

"Then whatever it is, say it, please," Stannis requested. "Hopefully it's nothing like the problem we picked up, too..." he murmured.

IC (Korero)

Korero smiled shyly and raised a hand in greeting as Stannis introduced him.

"I'm...pleased to meet you all," he said quietly and earnestly. "And it is my honour to be - "

The Ko-Matoran was cut off as Reordin announced:

"Then whatever it is, say it, please," Stannis requested. "Hopefully it's nothing like the problem we picked up, too..." he murmured.

Korero's face fell. A problem? What on earth could it be? He listened with pinned-back ears to hear what Reordin had to say.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The others back. Good. I watch around them, don't sense anything bad yet. Hug Stannis back and just observe

There. Something's off. Something big on Oreius' back. I zoom in, flick over it.

A slug. Chitin armor, mottled dark green. Located on spine.

Looks like what Reordin told me the turaga had. Slugs on their backs from Makuta that gave them power for a little, but drained them. Parakuka.

Karz. Oreius potentially compromised w/ weakness or enemy control. Guess he hasn't, yet, so just gotta watch for it. Make sure he's fine.

I go back to just watching everywhere. We're about to get the power...We're about to win.

Can't get ambushed now.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

The soldier met eyes with the saint and the latter's brow furrowed in confusion before Reordin reached into his satchel - Takua's satchel, Takua's - and pulled out Lewa's Essence Stone. The rock still glowed a deep emerald green and was light as could be; Reordin's fist held it tight, not willing to find out whether it would float up into the heavens or not. Stannis' brow furrowed even deeper, not yet completely understanding but still having a general idea.

"This stone," he announced, "will not react to Lepidran, which can only mean that he's, well...not who we're looking for."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Stannis looked at the pulsating stone before returning his eyes to Reordin's. "The stone doesn't react to him?" he asked, incredulously. "What does that mean?"

"It means it doesn't cease activity, even when touched with another stone," Reordin explained, even bumping it against one of the two stones Stannis had in his bag to prove it. To Stannis' amazement the essence stone did not stop glowing and Reordin didn't let go of it.

"Is there something you can do about it?" Lepidran asked, approaching the two. He seemed excited about it, and not in a good way; he was shaken with the situation and his usual Le-Matoran cheer was for naught. He was eager for this to end. Doubtlessly this predicament was stressful to the bug catcher.

Stannis shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry but I'm a prophet, not a priest, and this is hardly a matter of personal faith," he said somberly. "I can't just work mojo to fix things." He hugged Lepidran tightly. For him, this meant a greater deal of disappointment that it did to Lepidran. The Le-Matoran was the last former member of the old Companions, a final link to Stannis' former adventures. Losing him as a member of the Company meant he alone would carry the legacy on and would be the sole keeper of the Prophesy in the team. Lepidran was a dear friend to the Wanderer and they had been through heaven and Hades together. Stannis shed a tear for his chum before extricating himself.

"Lepidran, Rerordin," he said and took a deep breath, "maybe... maybe it's possible that Takua had his notes wrong. Maybe you were not Chosen. But Lepidran, listen to me -- you are an extremely worthy man of honour and faith. Even if you weren't Chosen you definitely were Called and you served admirably. If you want to see if the stone will change its mind and transform you into a toa regardless, I have no issue with it. If not..."

"I don't think it will change," Lepidran said, regaining composure. "It's just a rock. And as you said, mojo has no place here. I... I think it's best I take my leave."

"Then so it shall be. Lepidran my friend, go and continue doing the good work. Remember my speech on the mountains after Takua visited us?" Lepidran nodded. "Go back to your village and spread the goodwill of Mata Nui, as you are free to do. Take a Kahu bird to leave this place. Don't look back at what didn't happen, just look at what you can do."

Lepidran nodded and they hugged one last time before the thin Le-Matoran climbed to one of the birds and took to the skies. Stannis observed it vanish into the horizon in memoriam and gave a knowing glance to Korero (who was distracted at the time, conversing with the others present), finally understanding why the Ko-Matoran was sent into his midst. But he said nothing of the matter yet and turned his attention a little more to the right, to Oreius.

"In contrast to that debacle," Stannis breathed, "the problem on my side may not be as dramatic but it is still of dire issue. Everyone, observe Oreius' back. That is a Parakuka, a lesser scion of the Makuta himself. While we were in Po-Koro, this creature latched from Onewa's spine to Oreius', and there it has stayed... and will continue to stay. This specimen has a name -- Inu -- and is supposedly more sapient than its fellow kind. But in the end, it's still like having the Makuta with us at every moment, like a bell round a Mahi's neck. And I have great worry, both for our mission and for Oreius." He stopped to allow the Ta-Matoran his turn to explain.

IC: Kongu – Gukko Force HQ

“Let’s begin, shall we?” Koropaki took a seat on the opposite side of Kongu’s desk. He warmly took out the short stack of tablets and set them before the Captain. Kongu wasted no time picking up the top tablet and reading through it.

“I suppose you’re no stranger to legalese,” Koropaki commented after seeing Kongu’s eyes scanned each and every line of the document with ease.

“It basically details the extent of the funding we shall provide to Le-Koro, what the government can and cannot use the funds for, and what the Cultured Gentry needs in order to best provide these donations,” Koropaki explained to both Skyra and Kongu, “Now, most of our support will go to improve the village’s economy and boost the businesses that are here. After all, that is what we do best. However, my club also seeks to send funds to your military, for better equipment and renovated headquarters. Contrary to what some may believe, all of the villages are sorely lacking in both of these categories. Too long have Makuta’s forces and insane individuals ravaged our villages: Nui Rama, Mystix, Dark Toa, Xa-Koronans. Why, we simply don’t have the resources to keep rebuilding to keep up with the unfortunate attacks this village has procured”

“The solution? Give more money and make sure it’s spent towards rebuilding the village faster,” Koropaki said with enthusiasm. Kongu, meanwhile, was halfway done with reading the contract.

Koropaki continued, “There were some worries that my club would not have enough funds to actually send to every village, and I fear these worries may have some basis, at least for now. We hosted the benefit concert as a preview to what Niici wanted to offer. Contrary to what she sometimes implies, this Adoption Plan was solely her idea, and it did take some convincing for me to see its merit”

“What can you use the money for, exactly? Well, much of it is at your discretion. However, there are certain things that we require you set aside some of our funding for, for the benefit of yourself, the soldiers, and of course, the civilians,” the elderly Ko-Matoran said as he comfortably sat in his chair, “First is that you must set aside 30% of our funding for your military. The Gukko Force must become stronger as a result of our aid. This, however, is likely a no-brain for you, considering your allegiance. The second is just as important though: 25% must go to business owners, and within those tablets are clauses that dictate how they should spend their money. We want the merchants here to innovate and compete with the rest of the island. While some industries here are doing well, improvement is of utmost importance. Thirdly, 30% must go to improve the infrastructure of this village, fixing the destroyed lifts, replacing the burned platforms, rebuilding homes. And lastly, well, the last 15% can go to whatever you want, as long as it benefits Le-Koronans and the public. This means that you can’t give that money to Ta-Koronan merchants or Ga-Koronan Marines, and you can’t donate it to yourself or an individual. It must help the village”

“Now, what is it that we need in return? Well, nothing from you, actually. The Cultured Gentry intends to benefit most by having an organization that welcomes it. Right now, we are only in Ko-Koro. We have members in every village, but why can’t there be a Le-Koro chapter? Indeed, this was never something that needed approval by itself, but if it’s transparency you want, than the truth is that the Cultured Gentry would like to grow. If there is no place for it here, funding will still arrive provided the club itself has the funds to do so. Not to mention that the money generated from the benefit concert is still yours to keep and use”

Koropaki smiled warmly to Skyra and to Kongu, who now had finished reading the contract in its entirety. Indeed, what Koropaki spoke about was what the document was elaborating on. No ambiguities or hidden lines.

However, that still left the presence of the Gentry. While it was true that there wasn’t a law banning the club from taking residence here, Kongu had not considered, until now, the full implications of that. The group could have a direct link to this village, a direct eye and with that, a direct hand to subtly guide things along without anyone noticing.

Still, there wasn’t anything in the contract that Kongu caught that could allow them to directly harm Le-Koro. Whatever the ulterior motive was, it was directed at the people, not towards Le-Koro’s defenses. This was all just a giant PR move.

Wasn’t it?

Kongu thumbed the last tablet in the stack, looking at the space that needed only Matau’s (now Kongu’s) seal to become standing. He began to deeply contemplate his decision, and the room got uncomfortably quiet. Koropaki meanwhile repeatedly switched gazes between Kongu and Skyra, wondering if either of them had something to say.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Skyra - Gukko Force HQ, Le-koro -

“Let’s begin, shall we?” Koropaki took a seat on the opposite side of Kongu’s desk. He warmly took out the short stack of tablets and set them before the Captain. Kongu wasted no time picking up the top tablet and reading through it.
“I suppose you’re no stranger to legalese,” Koropaki commented after seeing Kongu’s eyes scanned each and every line of the document with ease.
Okay, I'll admit that while I had some experience reading legalese, I was no fan of it, far too wordy and it's only real purpose was to make your head hurt, or make you miss the fine details. Though Kongu undoubtedly read this sort of thing all the time, I didn't envy his job in the slightest. Of course, being a Gukko Force Officer I sometimes had to deal with paperwork, and considering how long I'd been away from Le-koro, my office was probably filled with things that I really had no interest in looking at. That was going to be so much fun.
“It basically details the extent of the funding we shall provide to Le-Koro, what the government can and cannot use the funds for, and what the Cultured Gentry needs in order to best provide these donations,” Koropaki explained to both me and Kongu, “Now, most of our support will go to improve the village’s economy and boost the businesses that are here. After all, that is what we do best. However, my club also seeks to send funds to your military, for better equipment and renovated headquarters. Contrary to what some may believe, all of the villages are sorely lacking in both of these categories. Too long have Makuta’s forces and insane individuals ravaged our villages: Nui Rama, Mystix, Dark Toa, Xa-Koronans. Why, we simply don’t have the resources to keep rebuilding to keep up with the unfortunate attacks this village has procured”
Emotions flickered within me, though you'd have to look right into my eyes to see it. For almost as long as I could remember, Nui-Rama attacks had periodically plague Le-koro. It was only recently that things had escalated with Dark Toa such as Vidar...which was what honestly had started this whole thing, at least my involvement in it. Tamaru's death had changed everything, I'd traveled across the entire island because of it, and I had returned. I was not the same as I once was, I had changed in many ways....some ways more obvious that others. Yes....you can laugh, smirk, or whatever it is that you feel like doing.
"The solution? Give more money and make sure it’s spent towards rebuilding the village faster,” Koropaki said with enthusiasm. Kongu, meanwhile, was halfway done with reading the contract.
Yay money! You'll always be there for us! =D Sometimes I was sarcastic even when it was only to myself, I just couldn't help myself from thinking it. Don't get me wrong, money is useful, but I never relied too much on it. Money could only get you so far, and it so easily corrupted the hearts of people. But times seemed to be changing, it no longer seemed to take unity, duty, and destiny to keep a village thriving There was now a fourth virtue, money. Money, money, money! If someone told me that this Koropaki ate money from breakfast, I wouldn't even blink a surprise.
Koropaki continued, “There were some worries that my club would not have enough funds to actually send to every village, and I fear these worries may have some basis, at least for now. We hosted the benefit concert as a preview to what Niici wanted to offer. Contrary to what she sometimes implies, this Adoption Plan was solely her idea, and it did take some convincing for me to see its merit”
Niici, now even a soldier like me who could care less about the famous or influential knew who Niici was. Well, I knew that she was the leader of the Cultured Gentry or something like that at any rate. Heard she was rather pretty to boot, good for her. Probably would have preferred talking to her than to this old geezer, would have been easier on the eyes.....
...what? Just because I have the body of a girl...yeah you know what, NEVERMIND.
“What can you use the money for, exactly? Well, much of it is at your discretion. However, there are certain things that we require you set aside some of our funding for, for the benefit of yourself, the soldiers, and of course, the civilians,” the elderly Ko-Matoran said as he comfortably sat in his chair, “First is that you must set aside 30% of our funding for your military. The Gukko Force must become stronger as a result of our aid. This, however, is likely a no-brain for you, considering your allegiance. The second is just as important though: 25% must go to business owners, and within those tablets are clauses that dictate how they should spend their money. We want the merchants here to innovate and compete with the rest of the island. While some industries here are doing well, improvement is of utmost importance. Thirdly, 30% must go to improve the infrastructure of this village, fixing the destroyed lifts, replacing the burned platforms, rebuilding homes. And lastly, well, the last 15% can go to whatever you want, as long as it benefits Le-Koronans and the public. This means that you can’t give that money to Ta-Koronan merchants or Ga-Koronan Marines, and you can’t donate it to yourself or an individual. It must help the village”
So far, everything sounded pretty reasonable and straightforward, which to be honest surprised me. Though I was still waiting for the catch. No way was I going to let it slip by my ears.
“Now, what is it that we need in return? Well, nothing from you, actually. The Cultured Gentry intends to benefit most by having an organization that welcomes it. Right now, we are only in Ko-Koro. We have members in every village, but why can’t there be a Le-Koro chapter? Indeed, this was never something that needed approval by itself, but if it’s transparency you want, than the truth is that the Cultured Gentry would like to grow. If there is no place for it here, funding will still arrive provided the club itself has the funds to do so. Not to mention that the money generated from the benefit concert is still yours to keep and use”
Koropaki smiled warmly to me and to Kongu, who now had finished reading the contract in its entirety. Indeed, what Koropaki spoke about was what the document was elaborating on. No ambiguities or hidden lines.
So that was their game. They wanted to make an official expansion from Ko-koro. I couldn't help but feel really uneasy about this. But there was one thing I didn't quite understand, why did they need a contract at all? I mean there was nothing neither me nor Kongu could really do to stop them from expanding into the koro anyway, And they were going to fund us if they could regardless of what Kongu decided.
So why the contract? What purpose did it serve? It had to have one, other wise Mr. Koropaki wouldn't have taken all the time and effort that he had so far.
Maybe they just wanted Kongu's approval of their presence, it wasn't enough for them that they could set up shop and fund who they wanted regardless, they wanted Kongu's approval, it gave them credibility they wouldn't have otherwise.
Koropaki kept switching gazes between me and Kongu, I noticed. He probably was wondering if we had any questions.
Well, I could think of a few.
"I have a few questions..." I began. "Why do you want this contract so badly? I mean, from what I understand you're free to make an establishment here in Le-koro regardless, and you already said you'd fund Le-koro if you could, even if the Captain doesn't sign. So, to put it bluntly, why does it matter? I understand that having the support of our military and leader is beneficial, but there's more to it than that, correct? " I had my theories, but I wanted to hear it from the socialite himself.
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC, Verdi: Sisk and I watched Kongu and Koropaki and Skyra from farther away, trying to see what was going down. Then Koropaki started talking numbers and my brain began to hurt... ouch. Just numbers alone would've made me refuse that deal. But when that guy started talking about wanting to fund the Koro for better military stuff, I was annoyed. Our headquarters are quite awesome, thank you very much! And he also said not to give money to others like the Marines. What if they need our help and we can't give them anything? My suspicions increased more and more as Koropaki continued talking... and then he stopped. I waited to see what would happen next.

OOC: Tired- short post about Verdi's thoughts. Yay.

IC (Oreius)

The Ta-Matoran looked around at the familiar faces, the ones who had been his friends and companions through this most difficult and dangerous adventures. Here they were, at the finish line, about to gain the power they needed to free their homeland once and for all... and he was holding them back.

He felt one of Inu's claws moving beneath his flesh, and the parakuka's golden voice spilled into his mind.

Tell them that I am not evil. I do not wish to harm you or them. I will not oppose your hunt.

The term 'hunt' that the parakuka used was oddly fitting; Inu couldn't keep the thrill of the chase and the eventual capture out of the image of a Muaka stalking it prey. They, the Company, were advancing towards Makuta with the intent to kill. In Inu's mind, this made them the hunters.

Oreius mentally agreed, but his thoughts were unsure. It won't solve our problem, though: we don't know what's going to happen. Makuta might be able to use you to attack us, even without you knowing.

The parakuka's reply was proud, almost arrogant, dripping with the pride of a hunter. He could not. Onewa and I mastered him. He could not defeat us.

The Ta-Matoran's opinion differed. I've seen Makuta do incredible things; he's more powerful than any of us. He was stronger than the First Toa. We can't underestimate him.

Inu brooded for a long moment, then mentally shrugged, a gesture he must have adopted from Onewa, seeing as the slug didn't have shoulders. We do not know anything, so we must do what we can. Tell them I am not of the enemy.

Oreius took a deep breath. “What Stannis said is mostly true. In Po-Koro, this slug, a parakuka, attached to me. It knocked me out, and when I woke up, we were joined together.”

The Ta-Matoran nodded at the unspoken question hovering in the air. “Yes, we're actually joined together, as I learned soon after I woke up. When either of us feels pain, the other does too. We know whatever the other knows.

“His name is Inu, and he is fully sapient. And he- he isn't our enemy.” Oreius spoke more confidently; there was a trust you could only win by speaking your thoughts, as Inu was doing. “His first partner was Turaga Onewa, who taught him right from wrong. He taught me to hate murder and spilling blood; I learned the history of this island and how my father had oppressed it for... so... long...”

Oreius stumbled to a halt, clumsily realizing that, in the heat of the moment, he had begun speaking with Inu's words and not his own. He paused awkwardly, then foraged on.

“Inu won't help Makuta, at least not willingly. He says that Makuta can't use him, but... but we don't know that for sure.”

The Ta-Matoran looked at the ground, trying to make it easier to say this next part. “I- I had a dream, in Ko-Wahi, after we were separated. Toa Tahu came to me and warned me that I would have to choose between my destiny... and the darkness.

“I wonder if- if this is what he was talking about. Would it be a good idea to give the power of Tahu to someone who's compromised?”

He looked to Stannis, whose bag held the Essence Stone of Fire, the one that had chosen him. He shrugged helplessly. Inu was no help; he was as lost as he was. The parakuka, too, doubted whether he was strong enough to wield such power for good, against his natural instincts.

“The Stone... it chose me,” he continued sadly. “But that was before. I don't know... I don't...”

He rubbed his temples, forcing his words through trembling lips.

“I don't want this power if... if it's not what's best for this island. All I've wanted to do is protect my home; it's my- my duty, and it's the only thing that's kept me sane these last weeks. I won't sacrifice that for power; even if we think we're doing the right thing, Makuta can find a way to twist it.

“But, at the same time, if this is just part of our destiny, then we need to do it, even if it seems wrong.”

The former Guard looked around at his companions, wordlessly begging for an answer. His eyes finally rested on Stannis, the Wanderer, the one whose mind was closest to Takua's and Mata Nui's. If anyone knew the answer to this riddle, he would. If anyone could unravel the meaning behind Oreius' dream, it would be him.

“I don't know. I just... don't know.”

IC (Korero)

Korero looked to Reordin as he spoke. He was anxious to hear what his fellow Ko-Matoran had to say. He looked on as the Guardsman, standing several feet away from him, reached into a bag (one that he recognised with surprise to have belonged to Takua) and pulled out a small object. It was just smaller than fist-sized, shaped like an oval pebble, but it glowed with a leaf-green light like an emerald with the sun shining through it.

The world seemed to slow down and close in around Korero's vision, his eyes fixing themselves on that small, glowing stone.

The sounds of his companions' voices faded away. Everything seemed to dim and blur until there was nothing but Korero and the Stone. As Korero gazed at it, all his worries, curiosities, excitements and anticipations fell away and his mind became perfectly clear and calm. The pieces of the puzzle, so long drifting confusedly around his head, slotted together smoothly and seamlessly and suddenly, beautifully simply, he understood.

He'd never fit in. He'd never been a 'proper Ko-Matoran'.

When they'd flown on Kahu-back, he'd felt that exhilaration. The thrill of the wind. The urge to jump.

Takua, in his dream, handing him the Book of Chronicles - and the book not working in his hands. "It's broken." "Is it?"

And then it was like a door opened in his mind. And he remembered. Remembered the end of the dream. Remembered the Toa, silhouetted against the sun. Remembered the Toa's bright, golden eyes.

His eyes.

Korero began to walk forwards, the world's colour and sounds and shapes returning. His gait was slow, purposeful, his eyes still fixed on the stone clutched in Reordin's hand.

As he went, the Company's voices died away as they turned to face Korero, forming a corridor of sorts as he walked through their midst. Their faces bore surprise, then wonder as they saw the look on his face, in his eyes. For as they looked it was as though a transformation had taken place: they saw not a small, shy, bookish Matoran, but in his place a Toa. Tall, proud, moving with the grace of a hero. His arms moved slowly at his sides and his shoulders were back in the posture of athleticism.

As Reordin stared in amazement at his fellow Ko-Matoran, his fingers relaxed and the Stone slipped from his grasp. The Essence Stone floated out of his hand gracefully, with a casual disregard for the laws of physics; like a petal on the wind it drifted softly, this way, that way. Korero raised a hand and caught it, feeling currents of air eddy around his fingers, turning it to examine it with those serene, golden eyes. No-one could deny the Stone's beauty; ordinarily, it would appear nothing more than a weather-smoothed grey pebble - pretty in its own right, perhaps, but thoroughly ordinary. Now, with its true nature revealed, it shone like a cut jewel, flawless and carved by unearthly hands - a prize of kings. It was a fitting metaphor for the Matoran that now held it.

Wordlessly, he held out a hand to Oreius, into which the Ta-Matoran (almost without realising he was doing it) placed his own Stone.

Korero raised the two stones, one a fiery red, the other leaf-green, before him. As though sensing each other's presence, each pulsated brighter, heat radiating against Korero's left palm. A small smile tugged the corner of Korero's mouth and his eyes narrowed, his expression like that of a master craftsman as he makes his finishing stroke.

In a smooth movement, he brought his hands together. The stones met with a clack.

Their light faded, and they were once more a rock and a pebble - even as the change that had come over Korero evaporated away. He turned to Stannis.

"Stannis," he said, his eyes twinkling with humour, "I think you may need a new Chronicler..."

Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"Well, if you time it well enough, you should be able to spring upwards with enough force to begin your roll and disperse your momentum," I explained, noticing that the other Toa of the group also seemed to be listening in.

"And, keep in mind, even if you can time your roll perfectly, if you fall from a great enough height, there's really nothing you can do to stop from breaking something. So, the moral here is: please don't fall."

OOC: Sorry for the late reply - homework as really been eating into my RPing time - though, I should have more time after this.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: The Jungle

It was the start of a new day in the jungles of Le-Wahi… The many beasts and denizens of the forest awoke to do their normal morning procedures. Birds set out to gather twigs for their nests and food for their young children, while Ash Bear slowly started to move towards the bank to hunt for fish. The noises of these amazing animals could be heard as they echoed through the forest, from the croaking of the frogs to the caw of the morning bird. Meanwhile, predators started to make their move. Wolves ran through the forest, tracking a scent, while the heads of snakes rose in their trees, searching for a nearby rodent to devour. Another predator was starting its day, though. Eyes fluttered open and wings were stretched. No, this was no bird. It was a Valkyr. Sleeping at the bottom of a tree, this majestic being was just starting to wake. She let out a yawn and she lets out her first words of the day as she would on any other, “My name is Anshiel. I am a Valkyr. I like apples.”

Then she stands and checks her hands. The Valkyr let out a sigh for once again, they were covered in blood and it didn’t belong to her. Dirt and dried red blood were in her nails. She did not know how to explain this, she merely lived with it. For some reason, every time she awoke from a long sleep, she was drenched in the blood of others. She could never find any bodies, so she just assumed that it was animals that she’d hunted. But the strange thing about that was that Anshiel never remembered having any other hunting skills. Shrugging, she did the next thing that she always did in the mornings.

Fly.

Her white wings flapped and within seconds, she shot through the rooftop of the forest and into the clear blue skies where she could survey and see all. Her green eyes widened as she flew through the clouds, her arms flapping just as her wings did. She spun in circles and danced and it never got old. She did this every time she woke to remind herself of how great it was to be a Valkyr. She performed several somersaults in the air before eventually tiring herself out. It was then at that moment when she started to decline and flew back into the dense shroud of the forests. Her eyes were focused on one thing though and that was the large blue lake in the center of the forest. She would wash all of the gross blood off her body there. She shot down through the forest, not slowing down a bit and slammed into the lake like a cannonball, creating a great big splash which disturbed the nearby animals, sending them running in the opposite direction of the lake.

Anshiel didn’t care, though. She let out a hearty and ditzy laugh full with joy and life. It was an odd thing to see especially since she was covered in blood. She bathed and scrubbed herself free of the blood, unaware that there were prying eyes near the lake…

Edited by CAPUA

character_37075_f.jpg

Ic: "Hang on, one thing, just one thing at once," Stannis said, having heard Oreius speak of his inner feelings and witnessed Korero match with the essence stone. He touched his chin thoughtfully and bowed his head before he turned away in consternation. All eyes were dancing between Stannis, Korero and Oreius as people were just as easily overwhelmed with the new information and expected something from Stannis in return.

Most people would ask for a moment to think, ponder, balance left and right and determine a resolution, but Stannis thought differently at his core. "Let me remember..." he said before stepping away from the group for a moment. He was obviously pensive but he instead simply recalled past events, memories to help give him inspiration, dreams of the past...

Oreius' revelation compounded in his mind as he closed his eyes and imagined the dream he had when the hunters first attacked him in Ko-Wahi, the same dream that made him almost murder Oreius with his bare hands. It was then, right there at the crux of destiny's path, that Stannis realized that dream was not just a subconscious creation of trivial use, it was a prophesy.

"Oreius, Destiny oft works in mysterious ways," he said ominously as he stared off into the distant horizon of Le-Wahi, away from the group. He turned around and walked closer to the Ta-Matoran. "After the fishing village incident, when we were on the cold beach, I almost killed you because of a vision I had. I told you it was a bad dream and that I thought you were Heuani -- all that is true. In my dream, we were being chased by the minions of the Makuta and there were only five of us who jumped from a waterfall to flee. There was a green toa, a blue one, a green and a black.... but there was no red. In my dream I fought Heuani, but it was you who betrayed us to him."

He held his hand up to maintain order, an open hand of openness and hospitality. "I trust you, Oreius, and I will always consider you a friend. But I am a prophet, and what I know I know. I know that you will eventually betray us to the Shadows, and there is nothing that can stop that path from happening. Maybe Inu is the cause of it, but even without that slug Destiny would still have her way. Take what is yours, Oreius, and make the most of it. And when you do betray us, I will be there and I will fight Heuani when he comes."

He sighed deeply and continued, looking at Oreius but not speaking to him. "And Inu, I know you hear me. I know what you did and I know how you feel. You arn't my foe but your father is, so know that it will be my duty to watch you all the same. That said... Inu, welcome to the family." He spoke the truth. Inu wasn't his friend, but it -- he? -- wasn't his enemy, and so long as Inu remained with Oreius (until death do them part...) he would have to be more than tolerated. And most importantly, Stannis looked forward to speaking with Inu. Just as the Parakuka was a potential extension of the Makuta, it was a limb Stannis could learn from. It could be extremely vital to their success just as much as their downfall.

"Now, Korero..." he said, turning to look at the stunned Ko-Matoran. "I knew you had purpose to be with us ever since you met Oreius and I in Ko-Wahi. You never knew it, but when you spoke you uttered lines from the final prophesy. You... you were sent to us by Mata Nui himself. The Great Spirit knew of Takua's mistake and had you brought to us so that we may always be whole. We don't need a new chronicler -- you will still write of our journeys like the scholar you are. But you are also to forever be one of us. The stone has chosen you like the other chose Oreius and for that I embrace you as a brother."

He turned to everyone and spoke to the group. "All the stones have bonded with their users. It's final; we are the team Mata Nui wished to exist and we will fight the Makuta. Now..." he smiled in his unhumourly way, "are there any more surprises anyone has in store?"

IC:

A terse silence descended on the Wanderer's Company after Stannis' speech, finally punctuated by a slow raising of Reordin's hand, a tremble thrown in for dramatic effect. The Ko-Matoran's face was sheepish, his eyes unsure, and he looked as though he were trying to find the energy to speak. The others looked around, wondering what had gotten into him, when...

"Stannis...Oreius...I ate your trail mix rations in case you weren't coming back," he admitted, breaking into a grin. "Soo...my bad on that one."

Silence descended on the group again before Leah began to laugh. Then Sulov. Then Korero. Then, finally, poor Oreius found it in him to chuckle, and Stannis' emotionless, set smile gradually twitched upward and met his eyes at the Ko-Matoran's joke. It was a brief, last-minute opportunity for lightheartedness before beginning their last leg of the quest, and after losing Lepidran, hearing they were soon to lose Oreius, and generally not knowing what else may be on the horizon...Reordin had to admit it was nice to be able to make one last joke before things got serious, perhaps for the last time.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: I slightly shake my head. I don't need to say anything.

I feel it again. Like with the stones, but really screaming now in my head. Some sorta feeling wants my emotion really bad.

NO. Mata Nui forsake it, that dung can wait for its turn. I'm not gonna slow us down for feelings. We're almost there, almost to winning.

We're gonna win. And I'm gonna ignore anything in the way and just watch, laughing right with my friend Reordin as I flicker about to check for any hostiles.

Edited by Jerry Renault

[Profiles]

IC (Oreius)

The Ta-Matoran nodded in bleak acceptance of Stannis' proclamation, his heart sinking. How could it be? How in the world could it possibly be foretold that he, of all people, would betray the Company? He, Oreius, who gave up everything just to have a tiny chance of saving his home, was going to throw everything away?

He couldn't believe it, but it had been prophesied. And, as he had learned over these last weeks, you couldn't mess with prophecy. Destiny had its way; it would come to pass no matter what happened. Just as Aurax was destined to die, and nothing could've stopped it, so Oreius was destined to betray his friends, his home, and his god. Nothing could stop it.

Had this sentence been passed over the former Guard only a matter of weeks ago, he would have rejected it. He would have claimed that it would never happen; he wouldn't let it. But this island-spanning journey had taught him one thing above all else: destiny was real ,and it was unavoidable.

Stannis was right: if it was his doom to betray the Company, then nothing would stop it, so he might as well accept the gift he had been given, and use it for good while he could.

Oreius laughed along with the others at Reordin's joke, his spirits lifting. The Stone glowed a gentle scarlet between his fingers, heating up Oreius' palms, as if happy to be back in his grasp. One thing, at least, had not changed. He was still Chosen, for better or worse. Until destiny forced his hand, he would use this power, along with everything he had in him, to break Makuta's grip, and bring freedom to Mata Nui.

Inu said nothing, but a warm sense of agreement filled the Ta-Matoran's mind. The parakuka, after examining his memories, understood Oreius' conviction. Though his thoughts were tinged with bitterness, he, too, was resolute. As long as they had the choice, the two of them would fight for Mata Nui.

Edited by Viserys Targaryen

OOC: Oh, thank goodness.

IC: Kehuri

He still didn't get it.

"I still don't get it." He said.

"But then again, I could apply the concept differently..." He waved a hand, an a smooth-curving ramp of earth rose out of the ground. "I could gradually smooth a fall into a roll by using a ramp to transfer my velocity. Assuming I have time to pull it off. It might be better if you gave me a demonstration or something," he said. "I could give you a boost if you need some air," he suggested with a grin. He may lack experience and skill, but strength was one thing he had plenty of.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

Ic: "Then we all will have to eat sixty-percent rations," Stannis said in his characteristic dry humour. "That will bite you in the once you have the metabolism of a toa, Reordin." He flashed a grin, slight as it may be, at the Ko-Matoran, a friendly slap in the face.

The Wanderer turned and walked through the jagged entrance into the huge burned-out shell of the former Rama hive. Outside the domelike structure the jungle had resumed its control, but as soon as one walked through the threshold it was a very different world. It seemed almost alien, a soaring ceiling of shattered hexagons that broke open in some places to allow columns of sunlight to permeate through and illuminate the dark reaches of the interior. The matoran walked through the ash and charred debris that still littered the sterile floor. The jungle peeked through the holes in the broken membrane but did not venture into the enclave, like the hands of a curious child that lingered outside a cookie jar, unsure if he should seize the unseen treat inside. Decomposing Nui-Rama bodies were piled high around the radius of the hive, but the center was garnished by something of mythical consequence. Stannis approached the monument with rigid delight.

The Toa Suva stood up like a tall, mysterious stranger surveying the damage around it, or perhaps having caused the destruction in a massive wave of energy. It was an obelisk hewed into an example of legendary geometry that deserved to be in every mathematical textbook minted, hewed from a boulder of inky black stone. The base was wider than the column, a hexagon with slanted sides that each had a notch that seemed to roughly correspond with the shape and sizes of the essence stones. The top part of the base then collected itself at the bottom of the column that rose up, truly being the main spectacle.

The obelisk shot up from the base with the height of a toa, making the whole shrine tower over the six assembled heroes. Its dwarfing height seemed like a reminder to them that they were indeed Matoran, a bit of philosophy few of the team could appreciate. As the others oohed and ahhed at the suva, Stannis remained silent, coursing his fingers on the oily rock and sensing the deep grooves for the stones. He walked the circumference of the edifice and looked up at the thin column, then he read it. Stannis opened his mouth and almost sang in perfect meter, saying:

"The Wanderer’s tread leads to what lies ahead,A place of shades and deceptions.To seek hidden lines and follow the signs,Will make them the only exceptions."

Everyone around him turned to look at their leader, then saw what he saw. "Never before have I seen a prophetic verse so literally executed," he opined, amazed at the adherence to wordage. Perfection seemed key. "Does everyone have their stone?" he asked, still looking at the inscribed words. People nodded or held their stones up for viewing, each one neutral in their grips. Stannis removed his from his satchel and then tossed the empty cloth bag aside. He held the huge rock up like a bowling ball at the ready position and said, "Before we take this crucial step, I would like to share a few words." Subtlety always was something Stannis struggled with, sometimes having it and sometimes not. This wasn't one of those moments. Still, eloquence was one of his attributes, and at that moment he had it in spades.

"A year ago, I left my home in the Massif ostensibly to seek adventure, but in reality I wanted to make a point, to prove that the little people could be big heroes, too, to show that legends didn't have to be toa to be important. I wanted to solve this island's problems as a Matoran because I saw a need and I cared enough to risk everything to help everyone. I never wanted to be a toa because to be one meant abandoning everything I aspired to be.

"Others like me answered my call. Nichou, Dece, Atiel, Lekua, Aurax and Lepidran their names were, fellow Matoran sent by their turaga to help me, to be heroes. They traveled with me and collected the information we needed, and they all were great men of honour and valour. It saddens me deeply that they could not be here with me, but what makes me happier than anything is the knowledge that they are still out there, Matoran of dignity, heroes. As I take this step to become a toa, it's not because of a desire to be a toa, but in spite of it. I will do this because when I left the massif I wanted to give everything to be a hero, and true to my promise I will surrender my very body to serve Mata Nui. But over time I have developed different ideals than when I left the Massif. There always needs to be the toa-heroes, the champions of Mata Nui's cause. The First Toa failed somehow, and now we will rise in their steads, filling the void they left. This is the natural flow of things and of destiny, and I am positive that a new Company will rise to fill the vacancy we will leave when we set these rocks in the notches.

"But remember one thing, my friends: You are will always will be Matoran. To be a Toa means to take on a new title, some powers and added responsibility, but Toa are still Matoran. This is not a promotion but a test; not a reward but a benediction. We will be Toa but that doesn't make us heroes. What makes a hero is what is in the heart. We all have that special spark of the hero in our souls.

"May it never die."

IC:

Leah's chuckle eventually died down. It had just been the absurdity of what Reordin had said right after the revelations that had made her laugh, even though she did not feel like laughing, not now. She looked at Oreius and could see that the same was true for him. Even more so than for the rest of them. Here he was, plagued by not only his own dreams but the vision of the wanderer, chosen to betray his friends, his people...the great spirit himself, because destiny said so. Could this be real? She wondered. Could this really be how this was supposed to happen? Or was the wanderer wrong, perhaps? Why would he receive visions of Oreius, but not of Lepidran not being chosen after all?

Her eyes wandered to the essence stones as her mind wandered back in time, back to the Toa Mata. They had been chosen, too. And they had overcome great perils as well. They had been prophesized to defeat the Makuta and when they had descended into the darkness to defeat him they in turn were defeated, never to be seen again. It had been their destiny to liberate the island. And yet the Makuta remained in power. But if destiny was inevitable, why had he not fallen then? And why did he try to stop them? For all the hatred against the master of darkness, one had to recognize the fact that he was smart and resourceful. But if he was, how could it be that he had not come to the same conclusions as the wanderer? And here they were now, six new Matoran to take up the responsibility of freeing the island.

If you do not come with us now, you will eventually. It was something Stannis had said at their first meeting. She had come with him. As had all the others in their company. Including Lepidran, who had been with the wanderer through every Wahi, who had come so far only to learn now that he was not chosen after all. But if destiny was inevitable, why had Lepidran come this far in the first place? Something clicked in Leah's mind. Perhaps destiny was less like dealing with an omnisentient spirit and more like a well-prepared traveler. Ready for any eventuality, but also dependent on circumstances...and choices. And perhaps that meant Oreius betraying them was just one eventuality destiny was ready for. She hoped that was the case, but kept her thoughts to herself.

She patted Oreius on the shoulder reassuringly. "Do not worry too much. None of this has happened yet, let us not turn dark dreams into self-fulfilling prophecy."

IC: I nod. If Stannis thinks I'm a hero, it's okay. There are more important things to do.

Like making sure I don't lose all my stuff transforming. Toa grow w/ the stone. Did that right now and my pack falls, coat's shredded. We lose supplies. Gonna avoid that.

I take off my backpack and set it down. Slide off coat and fold it next to the pack. Then take Onua's stone and hold it in my left hand. Ready to go.

[Profiles]

IC:

Reordin, noting Sulov's preparations as he took off his coat and bag, slowly took off the Sanctum Guard blazer he wore and set it on the ground. Why he did so, he wasn't sure; after they made it out of this (no if; they were making it out of this) he wouldn't be returning to the Guard anyway, may not even return to Ko-Koro. After getting Kopaka's stone, doing some thinking, the place...no longer felt like home. Was that possible, to actually forsake one's home and create a new one? Had he taken it one step further by actually forsaking the very concept of a home, having spent so long on the road, on this quest?

For the first time, Reordin began to truly realize that after this, his life was directionless; he could go anywhere, do anything he wanted, go off on any number of tangents. It was something alien, something he wasn't used to: not having a set path to go on felt wrong, but at the same time...the feeling in Reordin's chest that blossomed at the idea of being able to choose his own fate felt good. Really good. But that was his heart; his mind, his rational soldier's mind, screamed out at him against the idea. Do you realize what you're doing? You're forsaking your training! You need a plan!

After this, you'll be Wandering through life.

Son of a.

Reordin's blazer hit the ground, and out of the pocket rolled a single cigarette, the lone survivor of Takua's purge back when he had first learned he was to join the Wanderer's Company, when he had been informed that the smoking would have to go for him to have to grow as a person and achieve his destiny: Sulov was the only other of the Matoran who saw it, and Reordin's intelligent steel blue eyes met the deep, pure hazel of the Onu-Matoran Iron Giant's. Slowly, and finally, a serrated smirk slid along the lieutenant's face, and with his heel, he ground the cigarette into a small, white, unrecognizable - and unsmokable - ball of pulp. Together, the two watched as the swamp of the battlefield sucked the cigarette's corpse into the ground, dragging it down to its final fate.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Leah followed Sulov's example as well. She placed her Bo-staff against the black rock of the Suva, making sure it wouldn't fall and placed Gali's essence stone at the bottom of it, before shrugging out of her backpack. She ran a hand across the leather-like surface of the tick leaves that the rucksack was made of. It had been hers since the day she had joined the Gukko-Force and been with her on every adventure she had been through. The Le-Matoran briefly wondered if it would still fit her later. There was only one was to find out.

She stood back up, picking up Gali's stone again, as well as her staff. The weight of the wood in her hand was comforting right now. She knew exactly how heavy it was and how it was balanced, she knew every little thing there was to know about her favoured tool. A familiar feeling in the face of radical change.

Her eyes drifted up the obelisk rising up before her, until they came to rest looking at the top of it, which was silhouetted against the light. Suddenly, she felt rather small. Not in a bad way, but Leah realized that since Stannis had told her of her part in the company's destiny, she had traveled with them from place to place with her mind always focused on the next task at hand, where they needed to go, how they would get there, what obstacles to expect, in short: every step necessary that needed to happen to get them all here eventually. Even when they had been separated from Stannis and Oreius the only thing on her mind had been to keep the others safe, follow the map, find the clues, get the stones and then get back here. Yet she had never stopped to think of what would happen once they actually managed to reach the Suva Nui. What would the change itself feel like? How would she feel once they were changed? And more importantly: What next? Rush the Makuta's lair? Gather an army? Or maybe they would have to fight hordes of mechanical bugs to collect sentient masks from their heads? Only one way to find out.

She smiled at the absurdity of her own thoughts and looked over to Reordin. The Ko-Matoran was smiling slightly as well, looking content, though probably having similar thoughts to her own. Next to him Sulov stood stoically, ready for anything, as always. The sight of her companions pushed back the questions chasing each other in her mind and her usual confidence returned and her doubts passed. She looked at the stone in her right hand, a neutral gray at the moment. Stannis was right, being a Toa didn't make one a hero. There were enough Toa on the island working only for their own gain or even with the forces of evil and enough Matoran that had stood strong in the face of darkness as proof of that. The very place they were standing in right now had only become accessible thanks to the sacrifices of good men.

The weight of her staff in her left and that of the stone in her right hand told her what she already knew deep inside. Wanting to be a hero had never been on her mind. But helping others had always been something she had wanted to do. And that desire had become an oath to protect and serve her people upon enlisting in the Gukko Force. It had made her follow Stannis on his quest whole-heartedly. If it meant the safety of her friends, her people and the whole island, she would do whatever was necessary.

Perhaps that was the crux of it. To not walk away when one could help. To knowingly walk into danger, even if you knew it would cost you. To give your life, so that others might live.

Only one way to find out. she thought. She tightened her grip around Gali's essence stone, then looked up at the rest of the company. "I'm ready."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC (Oreius)

Oreius stood before the Suva Nui. The elegant structure dwarfed him, rising higher than the average Toa would have stood. It made him feel small, but in an odd way, because looking at it also made him realize -really ­realize- that he wasn't going to be small for much longer.

The Ta-Matoran had never really felt small. Despite living in a world populated by an increasing number of beings bigger, stronger, and faster than him, he had always lived his life with the intention of being the best he could be. His training and his sheer determination, his unwillingness to give in or give up, had rarely left him at a disadvantage.

He recalled the battle with the Toa of Ice in Ko-Wahi. Even though his opponent had been a Toa -and one of Makuta's lieutenants, to boot, he had managed to force the man into submission, simply by fighting through the fear and the pain and refusing to yield ground. Even when he could have fled to save his own life, he had stayed to protect Korero -a stupid move if you were thinking tactically, but an incredibly courageous one nonetheless- and had ended up defeating the dark Toa.

Now, standing before the tall obelisk of black stone, Oreius realized that what Stannis said was true: just because he became a Toa didn't mean he was going to stop being a Matoran. The Stone wouldn't grant him courage, determination, or sheer drive to get things done. He had those things already; the Stone would simply magnify them, as it was magnifying ­him, and he would become the Toa, that, in his heart and his actions, he had already proved he was worthy of becoming.

The other Matoran began to shrug out of their packs and coats, obviously realizing that adding a metre or two to your height probably wasn't good for anything you would be wearing. Oreius moved to take his own satchel off, but stopped short. His pack had been incinerated in the blast of heat unleashed by Tahu's Stone. He, alone among the Company, it seemed, carried nothing on his back-

An image popped into his head, one of Inu peeking over Oreius' shoulder, wiggling comically.

Do not forget: you have me.

The Ta-Matoran smiled, the parakuka's attempt at humour raising his spirits. This was it: he was achieving his destiny at last. The journey had reached its climax; their end goal was in sight.

He took hold of Tahu's Stone with both hands, and nodded to Stannis.

“We're ready.”

IC (Korero)

Korero, filled with new confidence, stepped up to the Suva with his friends. He looked at the obelisk with an approving glance. Now that he knew his purpose, his destiny, he felt filled with a kind of reckless excitement - perhaps, he thought with a slight tinge of uneasiness, that was Lewa's personality already influencing his own. Would he start to lose who he was, his personality gradually replaced by that of the First Toa until the person he had been, Korero the Matoran, was gone forever?

No, he told himself. I am who I am. No-one, nothing, can take that away.

He shrugged the worn Ga-Koronan satchel off his shoulder and laid it on the ground, the catch clicking open and revealing its contents nestled inside. He looked at his belongings fondly: the trappings of Matoran life. A lightstone, a tinderbox, widgets, little bits and pieces that were so important - because they were so ordinary. He pulled out his notebook and stroked the leather cover lovingly. He had so much to write about...

Replacing his beloved possession, his fingers clasped around Lewa's Stone. The Essence Stone was glowing again, probably sensing the proximity of the Suva. He then took one more item from his satchel: the throwing disk he'd taken from the Massif. A Toa needed a Toa Tool, after all...

Korero closed his eyes for a moment. And as he did so, he let all the feelings flood his mind: excitement, dread, anticipation, pain, loss, fear, joy and uncertainty. They mixed and whirled, spiralling and twisting and turning behind his screwed-shut eyes - but one by one they were replaced by that serenity he'd felt when he took the Stone. This was his destiny. This was what he was born to do.

This was his day.

He rose, and turned, approaching the great black obelisk, where he could make out the slot into which his Stone would fit.

"I'm ready," said Leah.

"We're ready," said Oreius.

Korero smiled.

"We are ready," he said. "We've been waiting for this our whole lives, even if we didn't know it. We are Called. And we are Chosen. And we are ready!"

A wry grin of my own, to match Kehuri's, and I reply, "Why thank you, Kehuri, but--"

Then, without warning I sprang up into the air, leaping towards the tree directly opposite from me. Twisting mid-flight, and kicking off of the thick trunk, I streaked back across the trail, where I hooked my arms around a high branch. For a moment, I just hung there, a strained smile on my face. Then, I swung up and onto the thin platform, where I gave a brief but theatrical bow.

"--I think I'm good," I finished, casually leaning against the body of the tree, "Now then, everybody watching?"

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehuri

The young Toa whistled, arms crossed once she had finished. "Nice moves," he understated. "I'm all eyes and ears," he said.

Being called 'Kehuri' was strangely pleasing for him. It was certainly better than 'rookie' or 'kid', that was for sure. It made him feel acknowledged, somehow. He never realized he craved acceptance so much.

"One quick question, though," he quipped, "Should I call you Professor Plagia now?"

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: The time has come.

IC:

Each of the Wanderer's Company held their respective Essence Stones and took up a place in front of one of the six notches in the Suva Nui. No matter their normal dispositions towards seriousness - some of the group tended to laugh in its face, others embraced it - a definite aura of gravity suddenly sunk over the group like a heavy blanket that sucked the air dry of its normal taste. Stannis embraced this sudden tonal shift as the presence of destiny in this place, a final sign that he and these Matoran, his friends, were meant to do what they were about to do. Always a man of belief, he was about to toss himself blindly into the arms of fate. Stannis had been ready to do this a long time.

For a silent moment, every one of the six Matoran was joined to his or her compatriots by the joint and unspoken realization that after this move, there would be no going back. They had all sworn oaths, aloud or perhaps merely to themselves, that they would stay true to the task of liberating the island until it was achieved. But to undergo a wholesale and irrevocable alteration, of the selves they'd always known, was a consequence along that road that was more final than any the Matoran had ever faced in their lives. They had never really registered the scope of their sacrifice until being so close to it. Korero was hit especially hard by this epiphany, as he'd had the least amount of time to think about the idea of turning. He had, after all, been thrown into this duty without much ado; did he belong here? The weight of Lewa's stone, and the presence of the souls touching his, reassured him.

These six travelers had walked very different paths to reach this moment. Now that it was upon them, and with an uncertain end, they felt naked standing under the knowledge that they had no clue what lay in their futures. What would it feel like to live inside a bigger body, a body that could channel the energies of the universe? Oreius in particular had his doubts about his new form. What would happen to Inu, his unexpected partner of existence, when Oreius turned to a Toa? Perhaps I will be killed, and you will be rid of me, Inu suggested. The Ta-Matoran neglected to reply, instead staring at Tahu's stone clutched in his hands as it had been countless times before now. Oreius had been the first stone-bearer, and Tahu's Essence Stone had saved his life; it had also cost Aurax his. Oreius pursed his lips and looked at his hands. He wanted to remember what they had looked like.

Very shortly after they had first met as a group, Takua had told the Wanderer's Company about the Essence Stones and about how he believed that the stones carried not only the vast power of their original donors, but also perhaps some of their personalities. It had been a speculative comment on his part, but if Takua was right, which he had been about everything else, that would mean that upon changing, the Matoran would not only lose their temporal bodies, but also perhaps the integrity of their idiosyncratic spirits. While none of them doubted the integrity of character of the First Toa, it was nevertheless unnerving to think that such a combination could even happen. Reordin and Leah exchanged a glance - they were standing at two notches next to one another - and both wondered to themselves how the other one would be after the turn. Reordin smiled humorlessly at the ground, trying to relieve himself of those dark thoughts; Leah nodded slightly as if to say, I know. They were both glad that, whatever happened next, they had enjoyed each others' company.

But for all these misgivings, all these doubts and fears of potential disaster, none of the Matoran ran away from the Suva. None of them had serious thoughts about doing anything other than setting the stones into the unobtrusive notches that were only inches away. Only the strongest conviction and the hardiest courage kept these Matoran planted where they stood. None of them were sure how they had been chosen to play the parts they were playing, but now they all knew why: bravery. In their unity, they were prepared to unflinchingly face their duty and to embrace the hand of destiny that had guided them this far. Sulov, the quietest member of the company, had the loudest thoughts. He was about to embark on a new trail, one that would require unknown skills and unknown mixes. The Onu-Matoran's heart tickled his ribs with its ferocious beating, and his mind was consumed by the significance of this moment for himself and for his friends. It was time to start winning.

Nobody started towards the notches first. As a collective, unwittingly synchronized, the six members of the Wanderer's Company held out their respective Essence Stones and slowly placed all six into their rightful places. The six stones started to glow their signature hues, brighter and brighter until none of the company could look at them. They closed their eyes, felt the brightness on their eyelids.

From that point on, nothing was the same.

The company was unable to watch as the Essence Stones' physical containers dissolve as though they had never existed. Only the blinding light energies remained hovering in place and, once they were free of their physical bonds, these nebulae of Toa energy rocketed painlessly into the chests of their respective Matoran. At the same time the whole world seemed to become as bright as the sun, painfully white; still the Matoran could not see. But they were aware of something sensational traveling over their bodies. It felt as though somebody had squeezed a sponge full of pleasantly warm water over their heads, and the water was like liquid electricity running down over them. They felt paralyzed by these odd sensations of heat, which were coupled with a pervasive tingling that was far from unpleasant.

When the sensation was ended, the Suva Nui's black stone was no longer alight with burning luminance. Still, the eyes of the group took some time to adjust to the normal lighting of the world again. When they could finally see again, they could scarcely believe their eyes. They had become Toa.

Reordin, Toa of Ice, was well-built in a lean, athletic way. He carried himself with natural poise, which only lent his body better to its attractive shape. White armor glistened in the sun over other pale hues. The Toa's cold, blue eyes were enigmatic, as easily icy fortress walls as they were the sparkle of sun on a field of snow. His long-fingered hands held twin ice axes with serrated inner blades, as useful for mountain climbing as for combat. These could easily be stowed on his back. Even his feet bore little spikes to help him ascend glacial surfaces.

Leah, Toa of Water, was most delighted by her new weapon - a masterfully built, somewhat springy bow staff. As soon as her sight was restored and after having surveyed her companions, she twirled the staff experimentally to find that its balance suited her impeccably. Leah, pretty as a Matoran, had maintained, even improved, her good looks in transformation. She was put together like a gifted runner, with long toned legs and an elegance to the way she moved. Her armor, a dark azure that reminisced the sea, was accented with some noon-day blue, as though she was the embodiment of a bridge between sky and water.

Korero, Toa of Air, carried an excitable, knowledgeable demeanor that translated into his movements; tall and lanky with active fingers and face, his gestures were expressive. His body language alone said all that needed to be said of the shield on his arm. It was a round metallic plate, supplemented at two opposing poles of its edge with triangular bladed surfaces that were fixed to the center of the shield. The shield was surprisingly light, to Korero's satisfaction, and its round portion reflected the sunlight cleanly into the trees. Korero was the color of the jungle, dark and olive greens, and his golden eyes peered around the trees as if looking for the sturdiest vine in sight.

Sulov, Toa of Earth, was a mountain of a Toa. Powerful arms dangled from wide shoulders; his rock-hard chest rose and fell with the tremendous breaths he took. Sulov found his natural stance to be somewhat hunched, but if he stood to his full stature, he was easily the tallest of the Toa. Dark armor and slabs of muscle made him imposing, but the ever-watchful intelligence beneath his brow made Sulov a truly intimidating presence, if he wished to be one. Sulov's prosthetic shovel arm had transformed with him, leaving that forearm with what was essentially a battle-fitted shovel: a wide-bladed spade with sharp edges and a great deal of heft to it. Sulov discovered quickly that he could twist the base of the shovel blade and it would detach from his stump.

Oreius, Toa of Fire, was one body containing two beings. Toa Oreius was a dark red and orange-armored, powerful looking warrior with a pair of sister swords held in his hands. Parakuka Inu was now essentially an outgrowth of his Oreius' armor structure. Inu's chitinous outer shell had transformed along with his host's body, becoming a sleek segmented mass against Oreius' sightly bent upper back; whatever evidence there had once been of the Parakuka being a separate being than its host was gone after the transformation process. Oreius himself was stockier than Reordin and the way he stood, soldier-like despite the curve imposed by Inu's presence, implied discipline both physical and mental. Oreius' fiery eyes never seemed to lose a spark.

Stannis, Toa of Stone, looked every inch the leader he was. Warm brown and sandy tan armor plated his heroic frame, which was borne with equal parts sagacity and nobility. A long halberd was leaned comfortably against his shoulder, its blade a deadly trapezoid with slatted patterns. Set in his handsome, statuesque face was a pair of grey eyes that seemed to see more than was visible; above a set of defined cheekbones, they roved over the rest of the team, soaking in their new forms. Stannis had strong hands and a strong jawline, as though he had been given physical features to reflect the character of his will by some considerate sculptor.

It was perceptive Stannis that, while the rest of the team was exploring their new bodies and chatting with one another in their new voices, heard the sound of scraping stone and noticed the change that had happened on the Suva Nui. Below where the the words "Hidden Lines" were carved onto one of the obelisk's flat surfaces, perfectly straight lines were being cut as though by invisible hands into the rock. They made a simple, fairly large rectangle and, when the rectangle swung inwards, Stannis realized that another part of the prophecy had been fulfilled with duality; in this case, the "hidden lines" were both symbolic and, in the case of this door, literal. Inside the obelisk was impenetrable darkness.

Stannis had only just enough time to see the letters spelling "Hidden Lines" fading into the stone and beginning to be replaced by another word when out of the dark doorway sprang a Rahkshi, followed by five others.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC: Kongu – Gukko Force HQ

The Captain watched Koropaki as he grinned confidently at the Toa.

“The funds from the concert are mere pennies compared to what the village would receive with our continued support,” the elderly Ko-Matoran answered, “Plus, we want to show the island that we are serious and genuine about this plan. Signing this contract will achieve that, and it will ensure a solid relationship with the most influential organization on the island. Adopting some of the other villages will prove to be more of a financial challenge, so we wanted to start our plan on a village with minimal risk”

Koropaki switched his gaze to Kongu, “Is the idea of philanthropy so far-fetched now that a service cannot even be offered without promising to work at the expense of those of who need the help? I will be the first to admit that our plan is risky, I’ve told Niici this. However, she is adamant that the funds from the concert will not be enough – you have the numbers Kongu”

“Yes, I look-saw,” Kongu commented. He still remembered that the funds his village received seemed less than what he had expected.

“Then you know that you will need more. Not that much more, but more,” Koropaki said. He continued to smile warmly, “Have you reached a decision, Captain?”

Kongu tensely rubbed the ring that bore Le-Koro’s official seal on his finger. Could he trust their motives? Heck, that’s a question he could ask of almost anyone nowadays. He looked from Skyra to the Gentryman. He and all of his men held their village and military in high regard, and Kongu knew that the soldiers would not respond well to this agreement. However, as Koropaki pointed out, Kongu now had to answer to Tuuli and the other merchants, and while the Gukko Force had the weapons, the merchants had the money and the influence. Kongu didn't want to cause strife, not during these dark times, but it became clear what no matter what decision was made, he would cause strife regardless.

The de-facto leader of Le-Koro would have to wait.

"Mr. Koropaki, I am well-impressed by your say-talk of your generous money-offer," Kongu said, "However, I dark-fear that this might preclude bad-large political strife -- that is something that tree-bright Le-Koro is not heart-ready for. I cannot say yes, but I cannot say no. More think-time is needed"

"Very well," Koropaki answered. He didn't appear to be surprised by the Captain's response. Indeed, the deal was still on the table, but this did put it at risk. However, as they gave time for Skyra and other dissenters to improve their case against the Adoption Plan, it gave Koropaki time to consult the village's most prosperous merchant and Cultured Gentry member: Tuuli.

Koropaki would have to work quickly, but he was confident that the Captain's trusted Trader would make Kongu's decision a bit more solid.

"Will one day suffice?"

"Yes, it will"

"Then we shall conclude our discussion tomorrow at this hour," Koropaki said, rising from his chair. "Thank you for listening and your consideration. I shall be on my way. Skyra"

Koropaki nodded politely to the Toa before exiting Kongu's office, paying little attention to Sisk and Verdi and the other Matoran that were in the lobby. Within minutes, the Ko-Matoran was out of the headquarters. He needed to see the Trader.

Meanwhile, only Kongu and Skyra remained in the office.

"As he said, we'll fight-finish tomorrow," the Captain said, "But while we're both here, I feel that time has quick-come to fly-back to business"

Kongu's tone was now neutral and professional, while it had not been a day since Matau's funeral, things were simply moving too quickly for the Captain to mourn. The faster they got a handle on things again, the greater chance they would have in the likely event of the assassinations precluding something worse.

"Are you ready for debriefing, Commander Skyra?" Kongu said not with a strict tone, but with a tone of encouragement, "I've long-missed your service, and I want us both on the same flax-page"

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]