Starbound

P~M

header.jpg

Starbound's that hot new game everyone's talking about. You know, the one that's sort of like Terraria, but with a spaceship.

The official website's here, and the Steam product page is here. The official website is a bit buggy, so if it doesn't work, don't yell at me.

If there's anyone else on BZP who plays the game and would be interested in a Starbound server for BZPers, speak up, and maybe if there's enough interest we can figure something out. Edited by Federation Marine P~M

banner.jpg

I've been looking forward to it for a while now. Haven't played too much of it though, don't really want to burn it all out before it gets officially released.

But a BZP server would be nice, but I doubt the staff would allow it.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

It'd be an unnoficial BZP server, of course.

Like the mnecraft servers we have. Unofficial, but it's the main one used.

It would actually be kinda weird if the staff came in and said "Ok, we approve of this game server" and leave

very bizzare indeed.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Alright, I have a server running on 173.53.29.104. The password is the properly capitalized name of your favorite forum site, and for the server account, just enter one space.

The rules are, as usual, play nice and keep a family friendly environment. So no phallic monuments or foul language, please.

I'm going to bed now, so if anything comes up, I won't be able to fix it until the morning comes. Sorry. :(

I apologize if there's some lag, my laptop only has 4 GB of ram so it can get a bit laggy when there are games running. I'll try closing Steam (the server just runs off an EXE so that should be okay), but if that breaks things then there ain't much I can do.

If you get any weird errors or anything, Google is your friend.

Edited by ._.

banner.jpg

So I went on the server, warped down to what appears to be the server's first planet (assuming everyone starts at the same planet on a server's universe), only to be met with hostile robots as I appeared inside a structure that happened to be right at spawn. To the left was an Avian Village. Haven't been to the right yet.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

After playing for a total of 16 hours over the course of a few days, I can say that I thoroughly enjoy it.

Raiding underground Avian tombs is fun. And fighting bosses.

My only gripe so far is that pixels can be difficult to come by, and the fact that if you die you lose some of them. Which is bad if you're stuck and lost in a cave, and need to get out by dying.

Not too big of a gripe, though.

Oh, and I just want to ask: What race(s) have you guys made characters for? I've made a Human (Who looks like David Tenant...which wasn't intentional) and an Avian (Which looks like a penguin. Again, accidental).

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Right now I've actually been playing on a different server, which is why mine hasn't been up much at all.

Add me on Steam: Ghoughpteighbteau Tchoghs, and I'll give you the IP. Ehks is on there a lot, but afaik he's the only BZPer.

banner.jpg

We'll have to ask the person who hosts the server if he's ok with having other people join.

How far has everyone gotten, though? I'm able to go to the Beta Sector, but haven't yet because I want to gather resources first before trying.

1Ydp0mg.jpg