Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC

[Rhanus' Inn, Ko-Koro; dawn]

I was impressed at how well we synchronized our movements; just a minute before we were sworn enemies, now after a few mere moments of planning we acted as one. If that wasn't impressive enough the flawless effort we demonstrated was.

One moment I was in the sitting position; the next I was airborne. The speed and force at which I did this was startling, so much so that Tuara was still recovering from the shock when I hit her. No, not a hit; tackled.

At the very same moment Angelus below me slammed into her legs, arms wrapping around her knees and effectively pinning her, as was the plan: since I was going faster the combined momentum would force her to topple backwards where she stood instead of forcing her into the wall and creating a new door via the recklessness of three toa. Like a tall tower Tuara fell, Agnelus holding her legs as I slammed into her chest, all three of us moving backwards into the middle of the room.

But we weren't done yet.

As she fell, Angelus tightened his grip, wrapping his own legs around hers, making it impossible for her to move anything below the waist. I meantime reached for her arms and as she landed forced her hands out and upwards, in a half spread-eagle position.

When the banging stopped and everyone could see clearly again, Tuara was on the floor, covered with the bodies of two muscular, athletic, slightly sweaty young men who had every intention of immobilizing her. Angelus had everything below the waist literally all wrapped up, her long, powerful legs unable to do a thing. I meantime was sitting on top of her chest, my knees jammed into her armpits, my own two hands pinning her arms to the floor, the entire weight of my body leaning on them. She attempted to thrash her way out, but I squeezed my two legs together, forcing a decent amount of air out her lungs, causing her to stop. With our faces inches apart she growled savagely, but there was not a thing she could do but stare angrily at me.

I was grinning like a madman.

"You know, I always wanted to pin myself an angry amazon. Looks like I got the chance. Not to mention the angrier they get, the prettier they get." That comment set her off, but there was not a blasted thing she could do against the two of us. My face was that of a devil. I whistled low.

"Angelus, my friend, what a catch you have here. I'm a little jealous. So, what do you think? Tickle torture? Or should we tie her up and toss her into the nearest snowbank and see how long it takes for her to melt her way out? Either way, I think it would teach her not to interrupt a flaunting of masculinity."

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Angelus (Rhanus' Inn, Ko-Koro)

"Joske, Joske, Joske, I don't really know you, bro, but I really like you. You've got good looks, you've got talent, and you have the soul - the dedi-cation - of a thousand normal men...but you're thinking of this from the wrong angle."

Angelus grinned up at Joske as the eyes of the two Toa met; Tuara growled and tried to break free, but after the stunning display of teamwork and force from the young men, there was no way that she was getting out of this one without some form of retribution for her daring attitude. For a second, the mark of the jungle was plain in Angel: something feral, an almost animal sense of cunning humor, glinted in his face so briefly that it would take a hummingbird - or someone with Joske's speed - to tell it had even ever been in the first place.

"Why don't we tie her up and then flaunt our masculinity so that she's powerless to stop us?"

The wink that he gave the athlete was almost audible.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

[Rhanus' Inn, Ko-Koro; dawn]

Somehow my grin grew even bigger. Which, of course, was physically impossible, yet it somehow happened.

I really, really liked this guy. After this was all said and done we were going to need a little one-on-one session. I looked into his wild and blue eyes, my own showing agreement as I used my legs to squeeze her ribs yet again to get her to stop squirming.

I gotta admit, I really enjoyed the position and vantage point I had from here. The view of Tuara was amazing. I raised an eager eyebrow.

"Alright Wild Thing, what do you have in mind?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Tuara - Ko-Koro - Rhanus' Inn"Oh, is that what you two were doing?"Joske looked back at Tuara, "Flaunting your masculinity?" she gave a quip of a smile, "Well I was sadly mistaken it seems," she slackened her arms, no longer struggling against the grip of the other Ta-Toa. Joske's grip did the same, and Tuara pushed up again, almost breaking free. But Joske was too fast, and he; once more, jammed his knees into her sides.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Tuara growled Angelus' name, but the Toa of Fire ignored her, looking towards the reading chair and then back at Joske; another audible wink, and another Tuara growl. Joske refused to give her an inch more of breathing room than was absolutely necessary for consciousness, and Angelus tightened his grip instinctively around her legs. He pantomimed going into a state of deep thought, put a fist on his chin for a second, rolled his eyes upward, and finally his fingers snapped and he grinned a little wider.

"Well, you see, Jos, Tuara here hates it when I make waffles."

"Angelus, think clearly. He's a bad influen--"

"Why don't we have ourselves a little cookoff, mano y mano? Give the good Deputy here a front row seat?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

[Rhanus' Inn, Ko-Koro; early morning]

"Wait wait wait... waffles? Are you serious?"

The silence was audible. Angelous gave me a strange look. "What... do you mean?"

"I mean really? Waffles? Pancakes are the Breakfast of Champions! Trust me, I would know; winner of four Copper Masks of Victory and all. Every morning for breakfast when I trained."

Angelus' eye twitched momentarily before we both smiled like a Muaka about to partake in a fresh kill. Our voices were simultaneous.

" Y ou'r e on!"

The scene was set. Tuara was tied, very securely, to the reading chair. Wrists, ankles, knees, waist, chest, neck... even and old washcloth was stuffed in her mouth and wrapped closed; neither of us wanted to take ANY chances with her breaking free, all materials provided free of charge thanks to Rhanus, who found this as amusing as Agni. In fact, by now many of the guest were up, and after being brought up to speed took seating around the room, waiting and watching the cook-off to begin, a crowd to cheer on their favorite Ta-Toa. Before we did so the two of us made sure to bring Tuara's chair right up close to the counter, where she would get a close-up, bird's eye, front-row seat to this contest of masculinity. I tapped her cheek playfully.

"Oh, this is going to be FUN!"

"Hrrmmmmm! MMmm, mMm mmhhhmmmmm!"

"I couldn't agree more! We'll make sure to feed you the winning dish. Thanks for asking! I'd hate to force you to comply."

The look on her face would have killed a Tarakava. Perhaps I was enjoying this at her expense maybe a weeee bit too much.

Nah.

I looked up, walking slowly towards Angelus, like two wrestlers preparing to engage. He had an apron on, folded in half and tied around his wast, with a single towel slung over his shoulder. I meantime had the full getup: full set of bowls in my arms, a large, white, poofy chef hat on my head, and large apron on, complete with the words "Kiss the Cook" emblazoned on the front. With my free hand I shook his.

"Alright Jungle Boy, may the best toa win! I hope you like flapjacks, 'cause that's what you and your girlfriend are going to be eating for the next week!"

IC:

Agni stood in front of the counter on which the cook off was about to happen. The Toa had his hand raised, fingers put together, ready to snap them. He waited until Joske and Angelus had taken position. He waited until the crowd had quieted down a little bit and walked back and forth, eventually stopping behind Tuara's chair, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder, before speaking to the two hot-shots in aprons.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! By the power invested in me by the great spirit, life, the unverse etc. etc., I hereby declare this impromptu cook-off started! Angelus, Joske, you each have fourty-fice minutes to prepare the best waffles and pancakes this Island has ever seen. While the winner will be forever known as the most manly cook to ever grace this establishment, the loser will have to free our dear Tuara here of her bonds. And he'll have to wash the dishes of everybody present after he's freed our trapped friend. Are you ready?"

Both nodded. Agni grinned slily.

"Then let the cook-off...BEGIN!"

As he said the last word, Agni snapped his fingers. The fires that would provide the heat for the pans in which the food was to be prepared sprang to life instantly. The heat was on.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, I just hope you're ready to eat those words with a nice, healthy serving of waffle--that's a nice hat. Rhanus! Got another hat like that?"

Fifteen seconds later, Angelus was now the proud owner of his own ridiculously poofy chef's hat: the two Toa managed to pull off the devilishly handsome look whilst looking like something out of a five star chef's midnight snack-fueled worst nightmare, and the Toa of Fire with the jungle pedigree grinned like a Kavinika.

"Swag."

And so it began: the instant the word had escaped Angelus' lips, the two Toa were instantly working on developing the damnedest breakfast batter Ko-Wahi ever did see. Joske, Angelus had to admit, had the advantage on this one: his Kakama gave him the ability to buzz around the little workspace he'd created for himself with speeds that the waffle-repping Toa couldn't have matched on his best day and the athlete's worst; eggs whipped like children's bath toys around a mixing bowl generously supplied by Rhanus, who apparently hadn't seen this kind of spectacle at his inn for ages. Even as the two Toa cooked, more and more patrons of the Inn, merely trying to start their days, began to congregate at the dining area, watching the two cook away in the drawing room even as Tuara struggled.

A sudden hiss: Joske had his first pancake cooking already, and instantly, everything - everything - that Angel had ever learned about cooking for himself in the jungles of Le-Wahi came back to him in a rush. Though he didn't wear a Kakama, or a Calix, or anything else that would give him an extra boost of speed, his hands began to fly as if each of his palms carried within it its own brain; ingredients began to meld and merge almost on their own, and Angelus threw a switch in the back of his mind that allowed his rationality to take a backseat to cook-er instinct. Soon, his first waffle, too, was on, even as Joske was preparing his second. The Toa of Fire merely smiled as the athlete began his trash talk anew -

"See what I mean, Angelus? Pancakes are for champions--"

"--I'm not sure how you know Tuara hates her waffles, man, because from the looks of things, it''s like you've never even cooked one before--"

"--See that, folks? Take notes, take notes, I'm releasing a cookbook at the end of the season..."

Angelus' smirk merely grew more concise, sharper, with every witticism or piece of trash hurled at him; the Toa had by now began cooking his final waffle while Joske mixed up the batter for his fourth and final flapjack and poured it into a circular shape, a perfect example of culinary geometry. Joske seemed to realize what he had going for him, because Angelus shrunk down to cover up his waffles. The athlete took this as a sign of insecurity and started to laugh as he flipped the pancake expertly - man, anyone who tried to call those reflexes into doubt was either blind, stupid, or a fan of the straight abysmal Ko-Koro Kolhii team (or, as Angelus affectionately called it, both) - and finally let it land on top of his other three in the form of a perfect tower as he began to pretty it up with butter and syrup. Angelus' final waffle was now off the iron: it was neck and neck.

Now Tuara was struggling to get free, and with no one to hold her back, she was getting closer and closer to achieving her goal. Her deep red eyes were boiling over with pure disgust and anger; both Joske and Angelus pretended not to notice as the rattling of the Deputy's restraints grew louder and louder.

Angelus' waffles were plated at the same time Joske finished up with the butter on his flapjacks, and the two simultaneously thrust their dishes forward. Instantly, Joske's face fell, for he knew he had lost: though his pancakes were perfect, feasts for the eyes (in the interest of fair disclosure, Angel's mouth watered at the very sight of them) the jungle Toa had been cooking much, much longer than Joske, and had actually had to rely on his own skill to survive, but the Toa of Fire knew that wasn't why he'd lost. Angel's waffles were perfect, with none of the bubbles or inconsistencies that generally flecked across the surface of the treats. Strawberries and whipped cream were adorned neatly along each waffle, a siren call to any sweet tooth in the area, but even that wasn't why Angelus had taken the crown.

No, Angelus won because in the center of each of the four waffles, staring right at Joske...was the perfect image of a Copper Mask of Victory.

Joske was silent for several seconds as his loss sank in; Angelus wasn't sure whether he saw anger, admiration, humor, or acceptance in the eyes of the Kolhii star, but either way, he stuck out a hand to shake, which Joske promptly took and turned into a one handed brohug. Angelus grinned and turned towards Tuara before sliding his gauntlet onto his free hand and shrugging towards her.

"Care to do the honors, hermano?"

Joske got the hint and zoomed towards Tuara, holding her still with his athlete's strength: Angelus, meanwhile, rolled up sliced strawberry and whipped cream into a waffle burrito and loaded it into his gauntlet. Tuara's eyes widened as Joske ripped off her gag, and just before a stream of curses rolled from the Deputy's mouth, her boyfriend's rolled up waffle flew right smack dab into her mouth. Joske took her jaw and pumped it up and down as though he were getting water from a well before tilting her head back and forcing her to swallow. As Tuara ripped herself free from her bonds like a bat outta Karz, Joske activated his Kakama again and flew towards the other side of the room, grabbing Angel as he did so and skidding to a stop against the wall.

If anyone popped into the inn at that precise moment, they would see a furious - but ridiculously hot - Toa of Fire wearing a Ta-Koro Guard badge advancing perilously towards two handsome young men who looked almost like they were about to literally choke to death on their own laughter.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Alright... men... prepare... yourselves! Hahahahaaharhara!"

I tried my best to put forth a deep, manly, Jaller-sounding voice, but the effort was lost as I was laughing too hysterically, trying to speak between air-consuming bouts. Tears were streaming down my face, my sides were killing me, and I was so weak from lack of breathing that I was on my knees on the floor. Angelus was in no better shape, rolling around on the ground next to me, his own feral, maniacal laughter mixing in with mine.

"Karzahni hath... no fury... than that.. of... an... angry Amazon!"

I tried to get out a warning, but my voice only squeaked in a very high-pitched tone as I spoke the jumbled sentence. That put us over the edge, and whatever dignity we had left was lost on the floor of the inn.

If I were to die right here at the hands of Tuara, I would do so a happy man. Never before had I ever had so much pure fun.

Ever.

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC: Tuara - Ko-Koro - Rhanus' InnTuara continued walking, some of the ropes were still dangling off her, or still hanging onto her feet as she advanced. The room was sort of silent, members of the Inn just watching. You could feel their anticipation rising for what was about to befall Joske and Angelus. It was the sort of expectation the crowd overfills with as two Matoran in a Kohli match size each other up before beating the snot out of each other. The crowd would cheer on neither player in particular. It was an expectation that was exhilarating when it became a reality. Tuara wasn't going to let anybody have such a satisfaction.The ropes on her body started to burn as she stopped in front of the two Toa, a calmer than expected look on her face. The slunk to the ground, making neat shapes around the Deputy of the Guard."I'd like to take a moment to commend the professionalism and efficiency of Ta-Koro's finest."She looked back to the counters to see the expectation shattered, "No really," she looked back to Joske and Angelus, their laughter only now subsiding, "Let's just take a moment to feel good about where we are as a people right now," she made a fist, a mocking "we did it" look on her face, "Let's take a moment to realize that the entire fate of Mata-Nui rests in our very capable hands; the best of the best as it were."Tuara dropped the fist, letting it swing at her side, "Really. I mean, last night's conversation between our group," she raised her voice and faced the crowd again to accent the point she was making, "Was literally about how lucky Joske was to be alive after meeting one of Makuta's most powerful agents. How inconceivable it was that he made it back here. Sure, we ended on a good note. We can now turn the tides in our favor again. And karz, we've even got room to have a bit of fun while we do it, there are limits however. But we've got a chance to finally take our home back from the Master of Shadows himself."The Deputy of the Guard turned around again, it was at this point that the room was silent. She scanned Joske and Angelus with fiery eyes. They paused over Angelus' for a moment, as if to express some sort of disappointment. She breathed in again, finally settling on Joske. The Toa of fire let out a sigh. It wasn't simple disappointment. It wasn't even condescending. It was a sigh of being wrong. She was wrong about what she told Joske in Ta-Koro after showing him her memories, "And look who's going to be the one to do it."Nobody said anything for a moment. She just looked back and forth at the Toa before her, "How many times do I have to fix things up, smack you around, and tell you other wise before you realize it," she stepped forwards a finger jabbing into Joske's chest, "You're supposed to be a hero now.""Don't apologize. Either of you," She stepped back again, fitting her fingers in her belt again, repeating one last thing to the crowd, "Let's take a moment to commend the Guard on such a professional and efficient approach to saving Mata-Nui."Tuara turned around, lifting her foot over the still burning ropes before walking to the door of the inn, swinging it open and stepping out into the cold. She closed it calmly behind her and walked away from the inn with no coat, hood, or jacket. The snow below her feet sunk under the heat.

Edited by snoip lion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC What time does the SUPA MANLY COOKOFF take place at in comparison to Nuju's memorial?IC ThliverosThe Anzaros of Ice stood in the Sanctum, still as a stone, saluting with the rest of the guard members even as Nuju's casket made its way to it's final resting place. "This could have been prevented," Tthliveros thought with a mixture of grief and self loathing. His thoughts drifted back to the event itself. That toa of iron had fought with skill and ferocity alien to even the most fearsome of warriors Thliveros had ever seen. He had managed to butcher more than a dozen able, competent guards in less than half an hour! And then he went and jumped into a crevasse, robbing Thliveros of his vengeance!But still, the Captain, acting Commanding Officer of C Company, had a nagging feeling that the assassin, as unlikely as it seemed, might still be alive. After all, Thliveros had a policy: until your enemy is either buried six feet under or his head is on your wall, he's not dead. As long as they didn't get his body back, as far as Thliveros was concerned, Brykon was still at large.Finally, when the Guard had an opportunity to be at ease, he walked up to Matoro and said "Sir, can I ask you something?"

IC (Cael)

The room was dead silent.

Every eye was on the door that swung slowly shut as Tuara left. The latch clicked into place, but no one moved. Everything was quiet.

Except for a set of footsteps that belonged to a certain Toa of Water. Cael walked slowly up to the counter, where Joske and Angelus stood, dumbfounded. Neither of them were sure what to expect, but Joske knew in particular how hot the healer's temper could get when it was roused. She didn't get angry often, but when she did, it rivalled a Toa of Fire's in intensity.

Cael reached out, and both Toa flinched, but the Toa of Water merely reached past them and took hold of the plate of waffles, pulling it off the counter. She turned around and set it down on a nearby table, and, picking up a fork and knife, began to eat.

The other Toa watched her in confusion.

Impaling a slice of whipped cream-and-strawberry-topped waffle on her fork, Cael lifted it to her mouth and took a bite. She chewed, swallowed, looked as though she enjoyed it immensely, then began cutting another piece. She ate this one in the same manner, then set down her silverware, seeming to become aware of huge silence for the first time.

She looked up at Angelus and Joske, and shrugged.

"Good waffles," she said. "I'm going to eat breakfast, and if the Spirit is in a good mood, maybe things will be patched up by the time I'm done."

Picking up her utensils, the Toa of Water dug back in, her message clear: I'm washing my hands of this. Good luck, guys.

IC: Tuara - Ko-Koro StreetsTuara walked down the icy cold street, slowly losing the heat she was producing.I'd say you might have overreacted a little. You didn't have to make what was happening a political... whatever that was.Too late to change that. I can't just walk in and be like, "I got you guys! Haha! You thought I was actually angry!"And why not?How much sense would that make? I'm supposed to take things seriously. I'm Jaller's right hand!It would do you good to lighten up a bit. I mean honestly. Holy Karz Tuara. Waffles. Seriously, they made waffles. How angry can you get at waffles.What was I supposed to do? Laugh along with them? Beat them up? I had to do something!Did that something include breaking down everything you built up with Joske literally a few days ago?Well that changed when Angelus suggested to tie me down in a chair.Oh, so it's about your boyfriend now? Angelus is the problem? Ooh Tuara, that explains everything!Oh shut up.No Tuara, I won't. Why? Because you've been too busy being "right" and scolding everybody else, giving them stupid talks about what's happening instead of realizing that maybe you're the one that's roking everything up. Did you ever stop to think that maybe they aren't the only ones with problems? Sure, tying you to a chair might have been a little too far to continue being funny, but that doesn't excuse your reaction. Agni was in on it too. Agni! What, you're gonna give him a good "talking to" the next time you see him I'm sure. God Tuara. I'm sick of watching you get angry about anything and everything that happens to you. I mean really, what have you contributed to this mission so far. Nothing. Joske doesn't even have the things he stole. All that you've done is cause stupid drama that nobody actually cares, or should care about. You've been doing exactly what Joske and Angelus just did, granted, in a more subtle fashion. Karz, bringing Angelus along was you just begging for more trouble, especially with how you guys have been recently.You know Angelus would have come along even if I told him not to.Would he?What's that supposed to mean?I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you don't tell Angelus anything anymore. How do you think he's supposed to feel? You're concerned with him scrawling in a note-pad, but at least he's doing something with those thoughts, and not stashing them away so you can blow them up when somebody does something you don't like. You're too caught up in your own little world to see it, but I'm not. Angelus doesn't feel the same way he used to. Or, he might have this morning if you didn't blow up in his face over making waffles. You were the one to suggest he actually bond with other members of the party in the first place. Joske was the closest link. Tell me you didn't see those two getting along.I thought I fixed Joske. I thought we were on the road to recovery! He finally understood what was happening around him!You and I both know all you did was make him hate everything and everyone. You put a burden on him he did not need. And he didn't learn anything through it either. No, Cael was the one that "fixed" Joske. She wasn't the one who tricked him into watching those God forsaken memories you continue to mill over when you could be actually solving crimes in Ta-Koro or even just talking to Angelus. Cael was the one who turned him in the right direction, all your little mind-show did was mess with his mind. And let's be honest, he's going to need every ounce of concentration he can muster if he's the one that's supposed to help liberate the people of Mata-Nui. You don't need to "show" people how to solve their problems. Cael proved above and beyond all you have to do is talk.I tried.No you didn't. You never do. All you do is fume, argue with me, get angry, not actually talk to the only person in Ta-Koro who loves you, argue with me, ignore me, argue with me, and flip your lid every five minutes. I'm sick of your stupid drama Tuara. And if it were up to me, I'd pack up my stuff and leave, but it's not.Either you apologize, or you hand in your badge.Excuse me?We used to look up to you pretty well hon. The way you figured stuff out. It was impressive. Power of deduction was always your thing. Let's be honest Tuara. Before the Mark Bearers, you were a good Guard. Better than most of us actually. But ever since you came home, you've lost the last thing that made you such a good Guardswoman; your integrity and ability to think. All you do is act. And every time something happens, you act wrong.You want me to turn in my badge.That, or go back inside and fix what you just did.Well Dren, I'm sorry you feel that way.I'm not. But I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.Because I'm not going back inside.Well I suppose that leaves you with one option now.I'm not handing in my badge.What is this? Is it a pride thing? It's a pride thing isn't it? You're too blind to realize that you're no longer stable enough to do your job anymore. Maybe Cael was right, maybe what's happening in your head really is detrimental.Maybe she is.She does seem to have a good track record with figuring things like this out. Just like you used to. I'm really surprised you didn't see it already Tuara. You used to be on top of this stuff before anybody else was. It's a good thing we've got the healer to pick up your slack.Maybe she should be Deputy of the Guard then.God, that's not even my point. See what I mean? You take nothing and turn it into something because you can. Like you're entitled to making up reasons to argue. It's all I've seen you do so far today, and I don't see the pattern reversing. You're on a slippery slope Tuara. And we all know where that leads.Roke off, I'm nothing like him.You say that now. The signs are there. The reason you don't want to agree is because it scares you. You know you're what he could've been, and him, you. Your lives are simply too similar not to draw comparisons. Good looks, popular, smart, but with the unfortunate ingredient of family being taken from you. You're (surprise, surprise) too blind to see it.You sound like Utu.And you sound like Tank.Go to blazes.Your displaced anger for that man is incredible isn't it? It's almost as if you prefer Shaddix over Tank or something. Almost like you identify with him. Huumm.I'm not taking your roke Dren. Not today.That's a problem then, because I am literally part of you now. Don't you remember? You seem to be forgetting a lot of important stuff today. Like your sanity. Face the facts Tuara, you're no longer fit to be Deputy of the Ta-Koro Guard. Not if you can't go back in and take responsibility for your blatant stupidity and apologize for the tween drama you've been causing during this mission.Well I suppose I'll have to hand in my badge, you know, considering you both outrank me and can physically force me to do things.Two choices. Choose wisely.Fine.I don't see you turning around.That's because I'm not. If I'm not fit to help, then I'm only a hindrance. They're on their own.I'm done.

Edited by snoip lion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC

"I never said I was Ta-Koro's finest."

All eyes moved to me as I leaned against the counter, arms crossed in a relaxed fashion, a happy look on my face. No, not happy; what happened here wasn't good by any means, but I wasn't downtrodden or ashamed or even angry. It was a thoughtful peace, a more upbeat demeanor that surrounded me as I stared at the floor. It was the same feeling that I had when I first woke up, that feeling of calm and clarity despite the situation and circumstances around me. And in my pocket I could feel the cool touch of the Crystal of Peace. As I spoke to the floor it was clear I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular near me, almost as though I was speaking to Tuara across the room despite knowing she wasn't here.

"Well, maybe in the past I did. But not recently. Not since I started this quest. I have since learned I am no where near the best, not the finest, and not the most professional person on the island. I'm not even a member of the Guard anymore. And I will be the first person to admit this: I am a terrible example of how someone should act half the time. I a not perfect.

"So much so that every time I wake up I come to the realization that I am not the one who should have been picked for this. That fate of Mata-Nui should not be placed in the hands of one such as myself. I am possibly the worst capable person on the island to do this, not the best of the best, merely a skilled Kohlii palyer; I can't even make a decent pancake to beat a waffle.

"In fact, in an ironic twist, the fate of the island does not rest in my hands; no, that was never my mission. The defeat of the Makuta is that of the Wanderer's Company, not mine. Regardless of what I do, that battle will happen. Regardless if I fail or not, they will carry on. I am simply a support character, a distraction, a wild card in the game of shadows. My success will greatly help their chances, but my failure does not mean theirs; it simply makes their battle harder, not impossible. No, the fate of the island was never in my hands... and for that I am thankful for."

I paused for a moment, my eyes darting across the floor. "And yes, I am lucky to be alive. I am an extremely fortunate individual whose string of absolute dumb luck is the envy of the island, and why I was born so lucky I will never know. I faced Heuani, had a verbal duel with the guy, and walked away with only a scratch. I am probably the only person who he classifies as a an enemy to have that happen too. Couple that with the threats we've been facing, hanging over our heads as we travel and the difficulty we are facing finding the charms and the stones, yeah, we reached our limit and needed to blow off some steam. Have some fun. Celebrate the fact that we are still alive and here despite looking into the gaping mouth of death. Life is simply too serious as it is not to. And that's where I find myself... that's who I am."

I smiled to myself. "I have finally realized that this journey is not to change who I am as an individual, but how I show myself and interact with the world around me. I am a naturally boisterous, disruptive, fun-loving, and adventurous individual who has problems following the rules and being serious. That is who I am, that is my nature. And outside of a soul-warping event that is who I will always be. But I don't have to be a nincompoop about it. I don't have to act like an arrogant, pig-headed, uncaring imbecile while doing it. Even with my problems, drawback, and shortcomings I can still be a useful and productive member of society, learning what it is like to be everyone else. To be serious sometimes. To follow the rules even if I think they're wrong. To understand where the boundaries are, not just the lines. Sometimes I will make mistakes, sometimes I will go over that line, but that's what it's like to be normal. I'm not perfect, nor the best, nor the most capable. I know that now, and I am willing to accept it. And I am willing to acknowledge my failures and misjudgements. And say I am sorry. Like right now. I am sorry I pushed it a little too far. But it was fun."

My smile had grown wider, before fading. "No, I'm not the Chosen One to save the island. I am not the correct individual for it. And you can't fix something that is in the process of re-building; it must be complete and then broken first before one can fix it. By definition I may be a hero, but that is a stretch; I do not consider myself a role model, let alone a real hero. I am simply following down this road that was laid out before me, to whatever destiny lays at the end of it, whatever that may be. I hope you understand this as much as I do."

I looked up from the floor, as if noticing for the first time everyone staring at me and noting that Tuara was not there. Cael had finished her breakfast, and was looking up at me with a strange look. I gave a sad smile.

"Ta-Koro emotion. You get used to it after a while. She'll be back; just needs to blow off some steam. Knowing her it might take a while, but she knows where we're going. Angelus, I do believe we have some dishes to attend to... "

It didn't take the two of us long to clean up the mess we had made, by the end of it the two of once again making it a slight competitive game as to who could clean and put the most dishes away. Agni and Cael by then had finished straightening up the place, and within the hour the inn looked as though the morning's events never happened. Tuara had not yet returned, but I wasn't extremely concerned; like I said, she would probably need a lot of time. Both of would need to have cool heads to patch things up.

If that could happen at this point.

Rhanus appeared out of the pantry, four large travel sacks in his arms. Inside was an assortment of food, both fresh and preserved, for the remainder of our journey, along with essential travel and survival gear. We were prepared to pay him for it, but he insisted that we take it, everything on the house, a gift from him to us for the wonderful time he had while we were here, including the sudden increase of business due to our presence. Strapping the packs to our packs we pulled on our clocks, several stout walking sticks near our belongings. After an extended goodbye were were finally on our way, an Ussal cart providing transport across the Koro and the Drift to the tunnel entrance of the Onu-Koro Highway. Here was our stop, and we would have to go the rest of the way on foot. Activating some lightstones we descended underground, preparing to journey in the darkness to the Village of Earth.

That is, with one person less.

OOC: Joske to Onu-Wahi. VF, if you would like to make a more detailed post about Rhanus' generosity, fell free to expand on it, your charries. Everyone can make one last post if they like before moving to the next region.

IC: "Because that'd be too easy." I grinned. "Anyway, there it is." The massive tree loomed out of the snow, doing its job admirably. Which is to say, protecting the village from the ravages of the storm.

IC: Lathon (Ko-Wahi)

The Le-Toa eyed the massive tree. "Well that's new." he said. "It looks more like home already," he said. He lifted himself into the air on the wind and flew off towards the tree.

OOC: You're not off the hook that easily, Niici.

IC: Niici – Niici’s Home – Ko-Koro

The Toa of Ice stirred, and after a time, her eyes slowly drew open. Her vision was still blurry, and her mouth was uncomfortably dry. After taking a moment and analyzing what her senses were telling her, she realized that something was off about her orientation. She blinked.

She was lying down in her living room, in front of the fireplace.

What in the blazes happened last night? Niici wondered, her face now feeling like it had been punched several times. Her vision was still blurry as she pushed herself up from the wooden floor, drool still dripping from her mouth.

“No, please; finish

Niici felt her face crash into the drool-soaked wooden floor, her arms giving out in shock. Her arm muscles twitched like they were electrically stunned and her eyes began to mist against her will.

Slowly, memories of the previous night returned to her, or at least, some of the memories.

After Joske and his friend had left, Niici relaxed on her sofa, too mentally exhausted to do anything at that moment. The Makuta-envoy’s visit was still bothering her.

“He wanted to 'take you for a ride' when this was over. Not even on my worst day and brashest moment would I had ever dared say that.”

Niici remembered how Joske’s reassurance had marginally calmed her down, but even this gentleman’s words did not take away what the dark Toa made her feel. Niici had dealt with creeps before; it comes with the beauty and fame. However, no one on this island had the power to… persuade like this Toa did. Instead of scoffing at the 'take her for a ride' remark, she felt a genuine sting of discomfort and fear that she had never felt before, not even back in her early years while she endured what had to be the worst schooling experience ever.

Niici needed a drink.

The Toa of Ice then remembered how she went and fetched the bottle of a wine similar to what we call Cabernet Sauvignon, and treated herself with the nicest wine glass she owned.

Things started to get a little looser after the bottle was ¾ empty. Niici remembered drinking some sort of bottle without a glass, but she was unsure if this was the wine or another bottle – this one containing 90-proof liquor.

Niici’s night became progressively less classy as it went on.

Niici winced as she remained on the wooden floor. Had she even remembered to ask Gaira for the Charm of Destiny?

The sense of urgency caused Niici to spring to her feet, and the sudden jolt caused the Toa’s world to spin. After willing herself to not get sick, she turned around and staggered to her desk.

Where’s Seba? Niici wondered, Why didn’t he stop me?!

Niici’s bout of blame externalization was ceased by another dark memory.

At some point during the night, she yelled at her butler for being sharp tongued and confrontational with her. Though now, Niici’s sober mind wondered if it was he who was being confrontation or if he was her.

Ugh, I hope I didn’t say anything I can’t take back, Niici thought regretfully. He was a good, loyal butler, and he knew about the Prime Stakeholder. Crossing him or otherwise casting him out was never a wise decision.

Finally, Niici approached her desk and gasped. It looked like a toddler had run through here. Scrolls and papers were torn or otherwise thrown everywhere. Stone tablets littered the floor, some of them broken or completely shattered. Then there was the puddle of vomit right next to the trash bin.

Despite the fact that no one was here, Niici couldn’t have felt more embarrassed. She could only pray that the outside world didn’t know what took place here last night – because she sure as heck didn’t!

Finally, Niici looked to the upper right corner of the table and noticed that some of the pieces of paper had some scribbles on it:

Dare Guyra

I eneed a ughe favrofrom you. U woodent belveeve what I just wnt threw!

Niici shamefully tossed the group of papers into the trash bin. At least Niici now knew that she tried to write a note to Gaira.

*knock knock*

A high-pitched scream escaped from Niici’s mouth as she nearly jumped out of her skin. Her eyes watered again as she tried to steady her breathing. How did she become so twitchy?

*knock knock*

Niici was able to control herself this time and she nervously walked towards the door. Looking through the peephole revealed it to be a Ko-Matoran courier, delivering some sort of package wrapped in boring brown paper, and with a beige-colored note tied to it. Niici slowly opened the door and nodded to the Ko-Matoran, accepting the package. The Ko-Matoran simply nodded back and left, and Niici let out a sigh of relief that the Ko-Matoran were not overly prone to conversation.

After Niici shut the door, and walked to the living room table and set the box upon it. She gingerly took the note and examined it.

Dear Niici,

I don’t know what happened to you last night, but I did send the charm to the address like you asked. However, I do feel that the amount of money you included was a bit much – it’s only a trinket after all. Please accept this well-maintained Matoro plushie, so that we may be truly even now. I pray that today will be much better for your spirits than yesterday.

Much love,

Gaira

Niici put her hand to her face. What had she told Madam Gaira?

Then, it seemed that the innocuous act of putting her hand to her face cracked the icy wall of her emotions. She lowered the hand, revealing a tear-stained visage coupled with stifled sobbing.

The Toa of Ice honestly didn’t know what to feel. Was this still about the encounter? How Joske later placed so much faith in her morally? How she apparently lost her marbles last night and might have risked compromising her plan?

Niici walked over to her kitchen table, big, frigid tears still streaming down her face. The normally bright-faced and mentally unreadable Toa of Ice sat down at the head of the table and buried her face in her hands, her shoulders heaving with each sob. Less than the turn of events, Niici did not like how she was taking this new responsibility.

“I know you got dragged into this unwittingly, but now you are involved…”

“…You can't claim ignorance anymore, and no matter what happens from here on out you have a tie in this venture. I hope I am not placing my trust and faith in the wrong place”

Niici pulled her hands away from her soaked face. In front of her laid half a bottle of the bourbon that she must have had last night.

“No, please; finish

Niici finished the bottle right then and there.

IC: Wokapu, Wokiya & Lekori – Wokapu’s Mansion

Wokapu nodded in response to Darien’s suggestion.

“I think that would be good,” Wokapu whispered.

The next several minutes were locked in tense silence. The Sanctum Guard was fact-checking now, as it seemed all too convenient for an abandoned mention to be a safe-house. They guards also weren’t sure that Wokapu wasn’t the mastermind behind this assassination.

“So why are you here?” barked the sergeant.

Wokapu wasn’t sure what to say. Technically, he was still a criminal, not just for the crime that the Sanctum Guard was accusing him of. He couldn’t tell them that he was here to get Niici out of the Cultured Gentry before he exposed it as a Makuta-allied organization. The Toa of Air was honestly at a loss for words.

“This is my home – I live here, and I was gone because I feared that there was a plot against me,” Wokapu finally said, “Technically, and family, friends and I are still in danger. We were hoping to walk through here without arousing attention. Please, I know tensions are high, but it’s me – Wokapu! I haven’t changed since I left. I just want to save my friends before they suffer a similar fate as the Turaga”

“Similar fate… you mean Madam Niici?” the sergeant said with reserve, “Is she in danger as well?”

“Many of Ko-Koro’s most important people are – I fear,” Wokapu said. He really wasn’t sure if this was actually the case, but the more he thought about it, the more he feared that whoever betrayed Wokapu might be out to take out the village’s leadership as well.

All the more reason to get Niici out of dodge.

The Sanctum Guard had trouble holding up their case against Wokapu. He was a Ko-Koro native, and he vouched for the other beings in the living room.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the guardsmen lowered their disks.

“Alright…,” the sergeant said softly, “I suppose you’re right”

He then looked to his men, “We need to get into contact with Matoro, Niici, and the other icons in Ko-Koro, to make sure they’re safe”

“Yes,” the deputy replied, “Men, let’s move!”

Lekori, Wokiya, and Wokapu all let out a sigh of relief when the armed Ko-Matoran filed out of the house, trudging over the broken down door.

“I need to talk to Niici now,” Wokapu said to his friends, “Perhaps she’ll be at the funeral and I can talk to her then”

“Why wouldn’t she be there?” Lekori asked.

“She wasn’t all that devoted to the Turaga, or at least she didn’t act that way when I talked to her,” Wokapu said, shrugging his shoulders, “I don’t want to be judgmental though. Let’s head over there”

The group asked around and soon learned that the funeral was being held at the Sanctum – a fitting site, obviously. Once they got the directions, the four made their way to the large, ice structure, where they discreetly headed inside.

It seemed people were already giving their speeches.

IC: Matoro -- Sanctum

"Sir, can I ask you something?"

Matoro’s head, along with the heads of many of the front row dwellers, whirled around as the guard. Finally, the people relaxed, and most of the Ko-Matoran faced the speaker once again. Matoro simply nodded, beckoning the Anzaros to query the Ko-Matoran.

Out of the corner of his eye, Matoro glanced at the entry of a group of Toa, who also seemed to be looking at the new leader of Ko-Koro.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

OOC: by the end of this post, DJ will be... I really have no idea. :P

Veef, I borrowed some of the Aitua for little bits. Nothing major, of course. Just dialogue.

IC: Draeverian Joskiir

You:

Oh shifting snows.

Fractals flush against the moonlight --

Translucent descendants from the Stars;

The children of Water,

The children of Wind.

Drift down to me --

Cure my laden heart from its woes;

Collect upon my body,

Collect upon my debt.

In silence.

His vigil was counted in the disappearing footsteps of his Hero. Toa Kopaka was gone, his presence purged snowflake by snowflake from the steps of the ko-suva. Each little rainbow of frosted light glinted as it passed across the moon. His blue eyes missed nothing. There was no focus, only the never ending syllabic chants from scholars within the inner-sanctum. Kopaka had fallen, his final footsteps in this land of cold vanished beneath the falling snow. The small matoran hummed a low dirge and continued his vigil, kohlii stick propped idly against a pillar of blue-tinted ice. The sounds produced through his closed mouth were a reel, a slow piece controlled only in the subconscious. The stairway of ko-suva was in the South, and far in the distance he could make out the sandstone pillars of kini-nui; six spires and a giant forehead pierced through the jungle canopy.

"Draeverian, when will you leave this seat of woe?" The Turaga's translator asked, an arm placed lightly against the sitting matoran's shoulder. Turaga Nuju was still within. Only the two matoran were bathed in the light of that night's moon. A moon of suffering.

"I will stay until he returns." Draeverian croaked, his voice nothing more than a whisper, but a thunderous crash of disoriented pitches and emotions bled through.

"Do not punish yourself for anything you did not do --"

"I am not punishing myself," Draeverian interjected, eyes fiercely glancing towards the matoran of Ice, then softening as he gazed once more at the moon and the falling snows. "I have hope that he will return. I can't just go on with my life."

"You will. Otherwise, what point is there in his sacrifice?" Matoro said as he walked back into the temple, the words merely a shadow of his internal struggle.

--

"Something has happened...the Turaga lies dead."

Those words flew from Tupua's concerned mouth and despite all his craft, killed the heart-light of Draeverian Joskiir.

It simply broke.

As he fell to the ground, knees buckling, face rushing towards the snow with a last gasp of the world's air, he saw once more the face of his leader.

Of his hero.

Of his dreams.

--

"Draeverian! Come on! We're gonna' be late!" She was laughing as she pulled him out of bed, her blue armor flickering through half-closed lids. His body dropped to the floor, reality rushing in with the smell of hot tea and muscle aches. With something part groan and part yawn he rubbed the back of his neck. He opened his eyes and stared into those luscious yellow eyes, and felt her hot breath as she bent over him.

"Wake up sleepy head. We got to go..." He didn't catch the rest. Draeverian didn't need to catch the rest. He only needed her, right now, as they were. His hands slid slowly down her spine, skipping over the toa tool strapped to her back, every fiber of his new life rushing over him like a cold plunge.

"Is it today," He gasped, voice choked slightly even as a steadfast sense of elation flushed from his heart-light into the extremities of his body. Could it really be today?! I haven't been living a dream?! She pulled back, and he could make out her face behind the Iden. She was smiling, eyes glittering with electrical surges; tiny suns exploded within her pupils. He felt her lips press lightly against his ear, kanohi brushing against kanohi.

"Yes. Yes it is Drae. Let's go get married."

They moved through the heat of Ta-koro gracefully, alone in their own bubble. She held his hand with loving determination, leading Draeverian onwards like a sherpa leading a dumbfounded flock of tourists to the top of Mt. Ihu. She was blabbering on about all the food and beautiful music that was going to be at the dinner. He was staring at her back, missing every word. Her right shoulder was blocked by the handle of a strange tool Draeverian had always called "the tuning fork", even after she had corrected him about the name of her lightning rod. It was just like her personality. Straight and angular, with hidden curves, and the ability to become the most impressive shield. Rishta stood like a shield for the matoran, and although Draeverian was a toa, he could never help but feel safe in her presence.

--

Draeverian saw The Light.

"It's beautiful," he murmured, swimming through the void towards the single point of white. It was blinding, and within was everything, and within was nothing. He could not feel, but all at once he felt all. Too many contradictions. He did not know why he knew, but Draeverian knew: Artahka called. It was too easy. He only wished to be within the light, and Draeverian was stepping through, feet slowly sending gentle ripples across the light. Divinity swirled everywhere, a spectral image of more beings than he could have imaged, their maskless faces smiling. Everyone was laughing. Joy filled him, and Draeverian laughed with them, feeling the love and happiness tear his soul apart. They smiled and spoke, words filling the light with smell and sound;

"We would welcome you into Mu, for we are glad to see you, but your choice is not now."

He wondered where the choice lay.

--

Rewera was pounding on the toa's chest when his body convulsed and vomit splattered against the inside of his kanohi.

"Graah, karz!" Draeverian chocked up with another cough of liquids. "This smells horrible."

"Aparangi, he's up!" Rewera shouted, waiving for her leader to come closer as she rolled the toa of sound onto his side as he spluttered and ripped off his kanohi, causing the dark toa to back away at the sight of his mutilated visage. The eye-band he wore barely hid the racing scars drawn over his cheeks, the shredded flesh of his lips seemed infected with some a curse. Burned tissues crawled across the brim of his nose. He lay there curled in the snow, sobs raking through his chest as he remembered the death of his Turaga.

"Dj," Mariko muttered, eyes round as plates beneath the hood of his cloak. "What.."

"Not now Mariko," Aparangi said, a hand laid gently across his brother's chest. "Draeverian..."

"I know, I know.. My face is a page from a grave. At least I can't see my reflection in the mirror, cause if I did I probably wouldn't be here." He struggled to his feet, great gasps of air flushing into his lungs as he cleaned the inside of his kanohi with pre-trodden snow. "I want to see him: My Turaga may be buried, but not without someone to sing."

OOC: That's all for now. DJ is with the Aitua at the Burial.

IC: Thliveros

"Sir, I know this may not be the best time to ask this," Thliveros started, "But the murder case seems to have a few... loose ends. According to witness reports, the suspect jumped into a crevasse but wasn't confirmed dead. There's still a chance that he may be at large. Preliminary scouting attempts have yielded nothing, so I'm starting to get tempted to send a full search party into the crevasse to recover the suspect's body, or if he survived, get a lead on his whereabouts. Would you consider that wise? Or do you have another plan?"

Ic: Visenya had been there. She watched as the supposed murderer of Turaga Nuju stepped out of the Sanctum and simply jumped off the ledge into the chasm below. But unlike anyone else present for the funeral procession Visenya had spoken with the man before the murder took place, and -- and she knew who it was. This "Brykon" she spoke with seemed honest, though her own timid nature caused her to shrug off his comments without mush thought. The princess had learned to be a good judge of personalities while on the street for so long; she believed that Brykon was who he said he was and that he spoke the truth.

After all, he had warned her of a storm coming and there was a storm indeed. There was no proof that Brykon had done the deed, but the evidence pointed to him in bounty. Matoro described him as Visenya daw him, and indeed after the murder was happened Brykon, in his bloot-stained coat, exited the Sanctum and fell. But Visenya didn't believe he died. People as powerful and enigmatic as that man don't just fall and die, they linger, either like a cute perfume or a nauseous odor, and permeate life.

Visenya sat in the audience to celebrate Nuju's life. She didn't know Nuju well at all and she didn't truly care for the old man, but she had great empathy for those who lost their leader and spiritual father. After all, she lost hers, too. She listened as the speakers described their loss and shed their tears. She shed a few of her own, in her father's and brother's name, but they suddenly vapourized when she saw a group of toa walk into the Sanctum and saw -- "Darien?" she said softly in disbelief. Despite the gentle voice, it reverberated in the hall and seemed to gather strength with each bounce from the walls of prophesy. A few people seated beside her turned to look at the woman who spoke but they remained silent, save for their looks of irritation.

IC: Darien - The Sanctum - As Darien walked inside the Sanctum he noticed that already speeches were being given. As everyone else present, they were very silent, save for the occasional sobbing that could be heard here and there, even Ko-matoran had emotions, even if they rarely displayed them openly. Though the death of their Turaga, their leader and spiritual father, was of course more than enough to warrant such a display. Darien seemed fixated on the scene until he heard a soft but very familiar sound. "Darien?" He heard his name echo through the hall despite how soft the voice had been. Could it really be... "Visenya?" He found himself mouthing, though thankfully he had caught himself quick enough to not actually say it out loud in the middle of a funeral full of Ko-matoran. He scanned the crowd carefully, his heart pumping, could it really be her sister? Was she actually alive?

He was starting to think he'd been imagining it, his heart sinking, when he saw her, looking straight at him. Darien wordlessly started to walk toward her at a brisk pace. He could hardly believe it, she was alive! His sister was alive after all this time.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic: Visenya stood up slowly to make herself obvious to Darien. As Darien hastened his step to her, she breathed her words in a sigh, "It's really you!" She stepped out of the seating and hurried to the colonnade to embrace Darien, and embrace they did. Tightly, like the long-lost siblings they were.

The princess cried her own tears now for a purpose she was intimate with. They streamed down her face like rain and collected at her chin before splashing on Darien's shoulder. She wanted to tell Darien how much she missed him, how much she had forsaken, how much she wanted to die before that moment and how much suffering she endured when her family -- their family -- was dashed by the Makuta. She wanted to scream and shout and holler for joy! She wanted to drown everyone in the room with her sadness at a lost duty. She wanted to die then out of a fear that things may only get worse when her hopes were raised! She wanted to crawl back to the floor and live in desolation to never hold anything so dear she could lose again.

"Darien," she said softly as she begrudgingly pushed herself away from Darien to look into his eyes. Those eyes, eyes she thought were long-dimmed, eyes that rekindled her life with their mere presence. She tried to remain in composure, her training in Court the only thing keeping her sane enough to speak and hold back most of her emotion. "Promise me we'll never part," she said with a smile. That smile, a smile she hadn't flashed since before the doom, since she had no reason to smile.

This meant more than a return of a beloved brother, it meant a new beginning.

IC: Darien - The Sanctum -

Darien shed his own tears as they embraced, though they were tears of joy. He smiled as they looked each other in the eyes, he'd nearly forgotten how pretty they could be.

"Promise me we'll never part," Visenya said with a smile.

"Right now I think I would promise you almost anything my dear sister." Darien said softly as well, not forgetting that they were in the mist of a funeral, all the same, they got a couple looks from those nearest to where they stood. Perhaps here wasn't really the best place to talk, and they had much to talk about.

"I have so much to tell you." Darien said, his voice filled with happiness. "Come, you should meet my friends." He gestured toward Wokapu and the others, who were looking somewhat surprised and confused.

OOC: Hope you don't mind a stray princess joining the group Emzee :3

IC: Bruntoa - Mt. Ihu, Ko-Wahi -

"YES! Let's do this bro!" Bruntoa said with much masculinity. With that they made the trek up Mt. Ihu.

Even for two Pakari users the trek was no easy, but eventually they made it to the highest point they could, below them they could see nearly all of Ko-Wahi...which was to say mostly just white. "Alright..." Bruntoa began, making a mount of dirt, Rannin put the sled behind it, the dirt keeping it from sliding down the mountain. "This time, let's not cause any avalanches."

Edited by Snelly

As soon as the two Toa were sitting securely on the sled, Bruntoa absorbed the mount of dirt, the sled began to move.

And they were off...the sled began to move rapidly down the mountain, Bruntoa would occasion adjust their course to avoid crashing into sharp rocks and ending their journey in a pitiful and clumsy death, using his elemental powers to change the direction of the sled.

"Yes that's a very good thing...keep a look out for any obstacles...we don't want to end up flying off the mountain." Bruntoa yelled, as it was harder to hear as they sped down the mountain at even more insane speeds. The found themselves coming to the end of the mountain rather quickly, it looked like the path was going to be clear....
WHOOSH! Out of nowhere a roaring Muaka pounced at the sled, colliding with it, the two Toa and the sled were sent flying.

[iC: Rannin]

Rannin grabbed hold of the sled tightly, hoping that both he and his companion would not die from the impact of their vehicle and the snowfields. Of course, the chance of such a thing occurring was rather low, especially when they were both awesome manly men possessed plot armour that was not weak against random encounters heavily armoured.

The sled collided with the snow, and the Toa of Iron promptly rolled off and tackled the Muaka, which had chased after them. Because wrestling with a giant cat was something he had always wanted to do.

As well as punching out a tree.

IC: Matoro

"I would prefer to keep as many men here as possible for the time being, but I can spare a few to venture down there to recover a body. If the men go to this particular area and find no body there, then they should report back to me immediately so that I can analyze the situation from there. I don't want a full-on search at this time because of security concerns"

IC: Wokapu, Wokiya, & Lekori – Nuju’s Funeral – Ko-Koro

Wokapu and Wokiya, both heavily robed in solemn colors in an effort to avoid being recognized, looked at each other quizzically as Darien happily walked up to them, seeking to introduce them to this young woman.

Wokapu smiled warmly and took the lady’s hand first.

“My name’s Wokapu. We met Darien because he saved my sister’s life,” Wokapu said softly, as to not distract from the next speaker who had taken the podium.

“I would be that sister,” said Wokiya, slightly abashed, “Th’name’s Wokiya”

“I am Lekori, Gukko Force cadet,” Lekori said calmly.

As soon as Wokapu introduced himself, he scanned the Sanctum for Niici. She was unmistakable, and Wokapu grew surprised when he didn’t see her with the other members of the Cultured Gentry. Even Gaira was there. There was also a Toa sitting with them, and he looked like he was a Gentryman was well. There generally weren’t many Toa in the Gentry, Wokapu and Niici being the only two as far as he knew. That Toa must have been a new recruit.

At any rate, it was clear that Niici was not here, and as much as Wokapu wanted to pay his respects, he preferred to do so quietly and with less people. It was surprising how many people here actually wanted to speak, and Wokapu wondered how many of them were of the Cultured Gentry. Also, he knew that Wokiya would protest to him leaving, or assert that she would follow him to Niici house. He accepted that Wokiya and Niici weren't on the best terms for some reason that Wokapu could never understand, and Wokapu really just wanted to meet Niici alone, and perhaps find out why she wasn't at the funeral along with the obvious news that he was going to bring to her.

Wokapu crept backwards until he was in the aisle, and then briskly (but not without a small pang of guilt) made his way to the back door. The conversation that continued between Darien, the newcomer, Lekori, and Wokiya distracted them from noticing the Toa sneak out of the Sanctum.

Wokapu – Niici’s Home

Wokapu rapped on Niici’s shiny door. After two breaths, the door creaked open, revealing the Matoran butler, whose eyes became saucers upon gazing up at the golden Kakama that was under Wokapu’s hood.

“Hello Seba,” Wokapu said softly, “I hope all is well with you. Is Niici home?”

Seba didn’t know how to respond, which in turn surprised Wokapu a little bit. While shock was warranted, Seba looked like he had just seen a ghost. The butler nodded slowly and stepped aside, allowing Wokapu entry into the beautiful home.

The house looked practically spotless, making Wokapu completely unaware of what happened that morning and the night before. Wokapu heard graceful footsteps come from down the hallway, and the Toa of Air urged himself to calm down. Yes, he still had feelings for the girl, but that was not what this was about. The sooner Niici knew what was going to happen, the sooner she could undo any trace of her involvement in this plot and be off the hook.

Wokapu used the fact that he would be rotting in a cell soon enough to further justify the relationship with Niici that would never come to fruition.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Bruntoa landed on the icy cold snow with a thud, more angry and annoyed than hurt. He got up quickly to go help his fellow Toa, only to get pounced on by a second Muaka. It had him pinned between it's claws, but Bruntoa brought down his Pakari enhanced fists, the Muaka roared and leaped back from the pain. Bruntoa didn't hesitate. He sprung up and leaped at the Muaka with all the strength his mask could give him, he collided with the tiger Rahi in a tackle, the force of his attack sending both of the flying over the snow and straight into a ravine. In hindsight Bruntoa realized that he should have make sure there was plenty of distance behind him before pulling off this move, but it was too late.

But Bruntoa and the Muaka disappeared down the ravine, the bottom of which wasn't even possible to see.

Bruntoa was gone, and never seen again. The few that knew him would always remember how much he worked out, and that he made rather unsafe obstacle courses and trained his students to near-death.

Ic: "Hello," Visenya said as she was brought to Darien's company. "I'm Visenya and Darien is my brother," she explained, smiling at Wokiya in mutual understanding. Yes, even with just a single sentence and glance between them, they already knew they had much in common.

This was a new start for Visenya, reunited with her family and maybe, just maybe, having a new family of sorts as well. Emotions boiled over in her heart and mind. Whatever happened before could be forgotten. She looked up at the podium and the people speaking there. She had a chance, an opportunity to say something. She could go up to that podium, stand tall and say, "I know who killed Turaga Nuju and his name is Brykon." She could say that and be done, walk away and leave the hunt to other people. She could give what she had, information others clearly did not have, but she turned away from that podium and looked back at Darien, Wokiya and Lekori. This would be her new life, wherever her brother went.

"Is something the matter?" Darien asked, concerned by the stray look Visenya gave.

She shook her head and smiled. "I'm fine. Hey-- where did Wokapu go?"

IC: Darien - The Sanctum -

Darien, despite being present at a funeral, couldn't of been happier. Finding out that his sister was alive and not dead was more than enough to lift his spirits for some time. He couldn't help but grin as Wokiya and Visenya introduced themselves to each other. Yes he could tell they were going to get along very well.

Darien noticed that her sister seemed to be lost in thought, giving a rather stray look. "Is something the matter?" Darien asked, concerned.

She shook her head and smiled. "I'm fine. Hey-- where did Wokapu go?"

Darien naturally turned his head to look for where Wokapu had been, indeed he was gone. "That's a good question..." Darien looked at Lekori and Wokiya. "Did he go to look for Niici?"

Naturally Visenya wouldn't know who Niici was, Darien turned to look at her. "Wokapu is looking for a friend of his, it's rather important he finds her." He explained.