4 Heads Are Not So Much Better Than One!

12372718964_97de5cff0e.jpg

Octharius: "Welcome, fellow gladiators! I am Octharius, and I am here to demonstrate to you how to bring a 4-headed Chimera to the ground in a couple of easy steps."

12372425183_ba6b159ee1.jpg

Octharius: "The most crucial step to neutralize such a huge threat is to select the right weapon for the job. Or weapons, shall we say. I opted in for an axe-chain because I believe this is the most versatile melee weapon in terms of range. Plus, it has a lot of potential when compared to simpler weapons. The trick is, however, to master the use of this particularly deadly contraption."

Octharius: "So a bit more on the technique you should use. First off, the most important advantage you get over a Chimera is that you have a brain. Well, the Chimera actually has four of those, but let's not worry about that for now. The most important skill you can employ is surprising the gigantic beast, by pretending to be weakened severely on the first attack it directs towards you. A demonstration:"

Octharius: "Once the beast thinks it's got you, you STAB the blood out of one of its feet!! Ideally, you'd choose one of the front hands, and more often than not the lion hand, as the dragon scales are particularly hard to try and pierce."

Octharius: "The next step is to nimbly leap onto the goat head, and tie the chain around one of its horns, like so: "

Octharius: "Then you pull the chain through the lion's mouth, like so: "

Octharius: "And finally, tie the bladed end around the dragon's neck, like so: "

Octharius: "The snake head will try to attack as soon as you are on the beast's back, so watch out for that. I learned that the hard way. But luckily, I had harder armor. (See what I did there? :P ) What you do next is anticipate the head's thrust towards you and seize it with your legs!"

Octharius: "And then once your hands are free, you snap off the snake's lower jaw! This is much easier than it sounds. Once you've done that, you thrust the bare fangs into the beast's back. While the chimera is traditionally immune to the snake venom, it is not immune to the pain from the bite! Once it has bitten its back, it is usually left paralyzed. USUALLY."

Octharius: "And finally, for the money-maker: You take the chain from the closest end to you (in my situation I was closest to the goat's head)"

Octharius: "Then you somersault forward while holding the chain. Take care to master your landing. Wouldn't wanna look awkward, now do we?"

Octharius: "And finally, take whichever stance you like! You've earned your bragging rights fair and square!"

Okay so that's done.

Some more shots of the beast?

< Goat Side >

< Goat Closeup >

< Staring into your SOUL!!! >

< CHAOS!!! >

< Lion head Closeup >

< Dragon Head >

< Dragon Head- Side >

< Dragon Arm >

< Dragon Lower Arm >

< Goat Hind Leg >

Onto a few shots of Octharius:

< Killed it! >

< Closeup >

< Comparison Shot >

< Comparison Shot 2 >

Creator's Commentary:

This is an alleged face-off MOC (see what I did there? :P). After the 50-50 Challenge on MOCpages, Callum Lincoln and I decided that we'd do a face-off, with Chro as the judge. Sadly, I had not been able to post the Chimera MOC any sooner due to having so much on my hands at uni. The Chimera was finished completely on the 12 of November 2013, some 1.5 months from when Cal and I decided to do a face-off. So think of this as an apology, Cal, for not having posted it sooner. It was a pleasure competing against you, and I will see you again... on the building grounds!!!

The initial concept was going to be used for the earlier rounds of the 50-50 Challenge, where I was going to use only two of the 4 heads, the lion head and the goat's head. The idea was to create a "precious metal chimera" with just the lion and goat, but I think this turned out a whole lot better.

Octharius was just a display dummy to compare the chimera to an average hero build, but I figured I might as well build a decent-looking MOC and have a bit of fun with it. I happen to like the ideas used on him; the asymmetrical armor, and the visor, and stuff.

So that's all I have the time for today! C&C is definitely welcome, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

Coming soon: An LDD giant mech. WHAT?!

Some recent stuff:

--> Sevla: Reanimated
--> LDD Tahu
--> Zardius (Titans Vs Monsters )
--> Darklight Paladin

EDIT: If you like this MOC, please don't just visit and leave unnoticed. If you have any criticism whatsoever I'll be glad to hear it! Otherwise, you could up-vote the topic if you wanted to! It's a (new?) feature that I just noticed this morning. Thanks!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 6

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I really love the shaping and the "fused" look of the front - especially the gold head.

I can't help but think that the back could use a little more to it, especially the tail, which doesn't look as polished as the rest of it. That kind of brown is an exceptionally hard color to work with, though, so I'll led you slide. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Wow.. this is rather amazing..i mean i am not usually into multiple colors but this works well.. Though i agree with sumiki that the tail seems a bit lacking.. Although i also love the mask for the gladiator.. custom mask or something?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I really love the shaping and the "fused" look of the front - especially the gold head.

I can't help but think that the back could use a little more to it, especially the tail, which doesn't look as polished as the rest of it. That kind of brown is an exceptionally hard color to work with, though, so I'll led you slide. :P

Hahaha love that joke at the end (reference to the snake part, I believe? :P) I too agree about the tail; ideally I would've used a different color for the snake part but I didn't have Rahkshi heads in any other color apart from Metru red, which I'd already used on the dragon's head. The lion's head is by far my favorite part, but I don't particularly like the eyes. If enough people asked, I might consider posting instructions for it. It was relatively hard to come by in terms of technique, so I would be inclined to let others onto it. Thanks for your truly constructive criticism. I appreciate it! :D

Wow.. this is rather amazing..i mean i am not usually into multiple colors but this works well.. Though i agree with sumiki that the tail seems a bit lacking.. Although i also love the mask for the gladiator.. custom mask or something?

Nope, just a Knight's Kingdom Series II Karzon's mask, with the shoulder armor piece fitted over his head. Thanks for your feedback.

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Hahaha love that joke at the end (reference to the snake part, I believe? :P) I too agree about the tail; ideally I would've used a different color for the snake part but I didn't have Rahkshi heads in any other color apart from Metru red, which I'd already used on the dragon's head. The lion's head is by far my favorite part, but I don't particularly like the eyes. If enough people asked, I might consider posting instructions for it. It was relatively hard to come by in terms of technique, so I would be inclined to let others onto it. Thanks for your truly constructive criticism. I appreciate it! :D

Nope, just a Knight's Kingdom Series II Karzon's mask, with the shoulder armor piece fitted over his head. Thanks for your feedback.

Ah yes... knights kingdom..i essentially missed the second series but thanks for explaining

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Me too; I just bought the pieces using Bricklink.

Well it looks rather amazing.. I mean that shade of gunmetal is a nice touch to the entire moc

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Wow, amazing model!

Please post constructive feedback in your comments. What makes this MOC amazing? Be specific. -B6

Edited by Black Six

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

PS: If enough people show interest, I might be able to post instructions for the heads, in the order shown:

5 comments: the dragon's head;

10 comments: the lion's head.

The goat's head is fairly easy to observe so I doubt anyone would really need instructions for that, but if so just let me know as well.

If you want to use any of the head designs be sure to give credit. Thanks again.

Very cool, at first I thought that having so many colors splashed in the front was a bad idea, but I marvel at how well you made it work.

On the one hand I sort of think that the rest of him should have that kind of multi-colored look, but on the other hand I think doing that might rob it of

some of it's charm and uniqueness, so I wouldn't think too much about changing the colors much. I like how you used the Vakama Hordika head on the red dragon to make it look like it has nostrils, nice job there.

As a whole, solid build on the rest of the dragon, especially the heads and front legs.

The back legs look a bit more like hoofed feet rather than imposing claws, buts that I think is minor.

Octharius, is also pretty neat, I love how at first glance your mind just screams "Gladiator". A lot of techniques you used, especial the helmet design, really contribute that feel.

Very good work, Mohammed Marei, first rate stuff this is.

One last thing, I don't believe for second that Octharius could bring down that dragon by himself. :P

Cheers!

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Very cool, at first I thought that having so many colors splashed in the front was a bad idea, but I marvel at how well you made it work.

On the one hand I sort of think that the rest of him should have that kind of multi-colored look, but on the other hand I think doing that might rob it of

some of it's charm and uniqueness, so I wouldn't think too much about changing the colors much. I like how you used the Vakama Hordika head on the red dragon to make it look like it has nostrils, nice job there.

As a whole, solid build on the rest of the dragon, especially the heads and front legs.

The back legs look a bit more like hoofed feet rather than imposing claws, buts that I think is minor.

Octharius, is also pretty neat, I love how at first glance your mind just screams "Gladiator". A lot of techniques you used, especial the helmet design, really contribute that feel.

One last thing, I don't believe for second that Octharius could bring down that dragon by himself. :P

Cheers!

The back legs are completely intended to be hoofed feet. This is basically my translation of the concept of an actual Chimera, a beast from Greek mythology. A chimera is meant to be a mixture of several different animals: Lion, Goat, Dragon* and its tail a Snake's head. The theme of this build was 25/25/25/25, much like the original idea of the 50-50 Challenge over on MOCpages.com.

This Chimera is meant to be built from several parts of these 4 animals; heads of a lion, goat, dragon and snake (in place of a tail), SUPPOSEDLY the upper body of a lion and a lower body of a goat. I opted in to translate the beast a bit differently, in order to better suit the Challenge's theme. The front leg+head of a dragon (25%), the chest, head and front leg of a lion (25%), the head and hind legs of a goat (25%), and the head and body of a snake in place of a tail (25%). I was going to include a dragon wing on one side but realised it might look a bit too cluttered and therefore carry a risk of putting viewers off.

N.B: It's worth noting that the proportions are intended to be hypothetical; I have not used a specific proportions of pieces for each part of the chimera.

*Some depictions of the chimera did contain a dragon head, though more commonly without one.

All that being said, thank you for your feedback! Truly appreciated!

Cheers!

The back legs are completely intended to be hoofed feet. This is basically my translation of the concept of an actual Chimera, a beast from Greek mythology. A chimera is meant to be a mixture of several different animals: Lion, Goat, Dragon* and its tail a Snake's head. The theme of this build was 25/25/25/25, much like the original idea of the 50-50 Challenge over on MOCpages.com.

This Chimera is meant to be built from several parts of these 4 animals; heads of a lion, goat, dragon and snake (in place of a tail), SUPPOSEDLY the upper body of a lion and a lower body of a goat. I opted in to translate the beast a bit differently, in order to better suit the Challenge's theme. The front leg+head of a dragon (25%), the chest, head and front leg of a lion (25%), the head and hind legs of a goat (25%), and the head and body of a snake in place of a tail (25%). I was going to include a dragon wing on one side but realised it might look a bit too cluttered and therefore carry a risk of putting viewers off.

N.B: It's worth noting that the proportions are intended to be hypothetical; I have not used a specific proportions of pieces for each part of the chimera.

*Some depictions of the chimera did contain a dragon head, though more commonly without one.

Oh well, now that I know what a "Chimera" is, I take back what I said.

The more you know I guess...

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Cheers!

Oh well, now that I know what a "Chimera" is, I take back what I said.

The more you know I guess...

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I'm surprised you hadn't heard of Chimerae before. The concept (or actual being) is fairly common in pop culture, such as video games and movies and what have you. Not necessarily the depiction of this exact beast, but things that are quite similar in nature/appearance, etc.