Coming To Terms

SuperStickman117

Prologue Zaltir peered out the window of his hut, looking off to the distance as Hanza, the only Toa of the island Alama Nui, hurried away to fight an outbreak of Rahi near the village. Hanza was the Le-Matoran's best friend, before and after he had become a Toa. Zaltir sighed and adjusted his green Kakama, and straightened a Kanoka disc emblazoned with the emblem of the Alama Nui Defense Force, a colorless Hau with green laurels around it. He would be out with his comerads, battling the Rahi alongside his friend, but he was nursing a broken leg from falling off a Mahi during a Cavalry training session. A case beside his bed contained several swords and a disc launcher, and his shield was propped on the case. A hearth was situated at the back of hut, a small fire buring inside. A map of Alama Nui hung near the ANDF emblem, marked with Zaltir's house. Yes, Zaltir was considered well-to-do, especially for a defense force member, but he ignored the compliments, believing that a Matoran should be measured by his bravery, not how many widgets he has in his pack. Zaltir decided to browse Le-Alama's markets, instead of brooding over not being able to cull the wild Rahi threatening the village. He took the knife he always took with him for defense and placed it in his belt. He grabbed his bamboo crutches and headed outside. Le-Alama's markets were alive with activity, buzzing with vendors selling thier wares and exotic Rahi being sold to those who would like one as a pet. He visited Sivis, an Onu-Matoran friend who sold lightstones. He opened the door and was greeted by the stout, greyish Matoran with a strong hug. "Hey, how you doin'?" He asked heartily. "I'm good, Sivis; you?" Zaltir answered, instantly perked up. "Haha, I'm fine, brother! You need a lightstone? Look at these!" He said loudly, grabbing a box off a shelf, "Three times brighter than earlier models, for half the price! They call these things...um...Avohkii! That's it! Avohkii Stones." "Avohkii Stones, eh?" Zaltir asked. "I'll try 'em. How much?" "5 widgets, normally, but for you, my friend, 4.," Sivis reasoned. Zaltir nodded and fished out a widget with the Matoran symbol :4: etched on it. Sivis took the widget and handed Zaltir the box. He bumped Zaltir's fist, but his gaze immediatley turned to the window. Zaltir turned around and saw the squad that had been dispatched to control the Rahi outbreak. They were carrying a gurney, towards the Turaga's hut. The gurney was covered, and Zaltir notcied that Hanza was nowhere to be seen. His heart sank and he dahsed towards the party carrying the gurney. The Turaga met them, and they pulled away the cover from the gurney, revealing the lifeless body of the last Toa Alama; Hanza, Toa of Fire. http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1206 The Review Topic

Edited by SuperStickman117

redteamsig.jpg

Credit for the avatar and banner goes to Shattered Mask Productions.

Chapter 1 Hanza had a large acid wound slopped on his chest, his heartlight completely dimmed. "What could've possibly done this?" The Turaga, Oweltre, demanded. "It wasn't a Rahi outbreak; it was Visorak. A scouting party. Keelerak got 'em in the chest. Acid burned right through him," The Ta-Matoran leader answered. "What do you mean by scouting party? You mean there will be more coming?" The aged Turaga asked. "Unfortunately, I do sir." The Ta-Matoran solemnly replied. Oweltre sighed heavily and announced, "We must attend to our fallen, first. Hang his mask in the Great Hall. Have his body be cremated. Let us never forget the heroic deeds of Toa Hanza; Toa of Fire!" One of the squad members approached Zaltir, and handed him something wrapped in cloth. "He wanted you to have this," He said sullenly. He gulped and unwrapped it. It was a stone, a simple stone. Zaltir turned it over in his hands and found it was more than a stone. A symbol on it radiated energy, and words were inscribed on it that he couldn't make out. "A Toa Stone..." He whispered. He quickly wrapped it back up and placed it in his pack. He dashed back home and placed it in his case. He couldn't accept Hanza's final wish. He couldn't become a Toa in his place. He should've taken it to the Turaga as soon ha got it. He was tyring ot figure out what to do when something stirred behind him. He immediatley pulled his dagger and pointed it behind him. There was nothing behind him, but he knew there had to be something. He finally turned back to his desk, before swinging back and throwing his dagger. He had caught the Rahkshi of Chameleon by surprise, and the dagger lodged itself in the Rahkshi's armor. It growled at Zaltir, swiping its spear at him. He followed his training, and rolled beneath the Rahkshi, to his case. He broke the glass rather than opening the case, and tore a sword out of it. The Rahkshi stepped back, not expecting the new weapon. It quickly regained its gall and charged forward, stabbing its spear into the wall and lodging it inside. Zaltir took his chance and lopped off the Rahkshi's head. The Kraata lay limp out of the spine, hissing at the Matoran. Zaltir grabbed it, and yanked it out of its armor. He threw it on the ground and crushed it with his foot. The Rahkshi had doubled over, deactivated. A knock came at his door. He opened it, and his neighbor, Hathra. "What was all that racket, and what is that?" He asked. "Come in," Zaltir said. He entered the house, and realized, "Is that a Rahkshi?" Zaltir nodded. "He attacked me form no where Zaltir said, only now realizing he was still holding his sword. "Maybe you should tell the Turaga, he would know what to do." The Turaga was baffled, unable to determine why the Rahkshi would so suddenly attack. Zaltir was still reluctant to tell him that he had the Toa Stone. Oweltre scratched his Noble Akaku, and finally said, "Go home, and make sure your sword is close at hand. Your training should protect you from there." "Actually, Turaga, there's something I need to tell you," Zaltir nervously said, "When they brought Hanza's body into the square today, one of the squad members gave me a stone that Hanza wanted me to have. I think it may be a Toa Stone." Oweltre's eyes widened and he said, "Quickly, bring it to me!" Turaga Oweltre studied the stone, and finally decided, "This has Hanza's aura all over it, and it has a very large amount of energy being given off. Take this to the Suva. Hanza obviously thought you to be a worthy successor to him." "Sir, I... can't. I'm not brave enough or clever enough, I don't have enough training...," Zaltir fumbled for words, "I would love to grant Hanza's last wish, but I can't." The Turaga looked truly hurt. "I can't make your decision for you, Zaltir. I will choose the Captain of the ANDF and see if he agrees..." The Turaga was cut off by Zaltir. "No! Hanza chose me. I will become Alama Nui's new Toa." http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1206

Edited by SuperStickman117

redteamsig.jpg

Chapter 2 Zaltir nervously walked into the Suva's room. When he was within 15 bios of the thing, it started to glow brightly, and Zaltir began to have second thoughts. However, it was too late. A green lightning bolt shot out of the Suva and struck his hearlight. He dropped the stone, which dissolved into dust. The dust engrained itself in his body. He started to grow taller, stronger, his Noble Miru turned into a Great one. when the lightning bolt finally entered his body and ceased to fire, he was a Toa of Air. He turned around, still trying to get used to his longer legs, and found Turaga Oweltre and the Captain of the Defense Force bowing respectfully to him. They rose and exited the Suva. The top of the Suva once again began to glow, and two large blades rose out of it, as if it were a portal. He grabbed both of them, and saw two angled nozzles on the ends of both. He had no idea what they could be used for, but he accepted the blades anyway. Just then, he felt something, like tremors in the Earth. He exited the Suva, and saw Matoran rushing towards the southern tip of the town. He followed them, and saw a dust cloud heading for the village. A Matoran at the front of the crowd wearing an Akaku yelled, "Rahkshi, Visorak, all lot of other stuff, heading straight for us!" ANDF battle groups rushed to the head of the crowd, forming a phalanx in fornt of them. The battlegroups finally came into view. All kinds of menacing things, Rahkshi, Visorak, Exo-Toa, and a lumbering giant wearing a Kanohi that Zaltir had never seen before. They advanced until the giant held his hand up and they stopped. He carried no weapon, which puzzled Zaltir. "People of Alama Nui," He proclaimed in a voice that sounded like someone pouring accelerant on a fire, "Submit! The forces of Makuta stand on your doorstep!"Turaga Oweltre pushed his way through the phalanx. "What in Mata Nui's name is going on here?" He demanded, "Who are you?" The titan sighed. "I am Cordak, the Warlord of the Makuta!" "Cordak," Oweltre pondered, "The Matoran word for desolation." Cordak nodded. His eyes turned on Zaltir. "Hmmm, a Toa. Well, at least this won't be boring." Cordak groaned, His mask glowed, and a massive spear appeared in his hands. He swung it towards the phalanx, shattering it and the Matoran composing it. The others ran, as the army behind Cordak rushed forward. Zaltir ran through the chaos, ducking and evading Rahkshi staffs and Visorak rhotuka. Cordak was in a one-sided battle against Oweltre, who was holding up surprisingly well. "You tool of evil! You shall not control my island!" He cried out. "Enough of this," Cordak rumbled. His mask glowed and the spear burned away, and was replaced by a similar looking spear. He pointed it at Oweltre, who was encased in a spike of crystal protodermis. Cordak was about to crush Oweltre when Zaltir rushed under his foot. He held up the blades and tried to channel his Air power. The nozzles blasted air, at least twice what was normal for a Toa. It was enough to keep Cordak's foot off of Oweltre. "Move, insect," He growled. He conjured a cordak blaster, and fired several shots, not only blowing Zaltir away, but shattering the glass around Oweltre. When Zaltir recovered, he saw the shards what was left of Oweltre. He knew what he had to do. He sprinted to what was left of the glass and snatched up a shard. He placed it in his belt, before Cordak could reload another six shots into his launcher. A green sphere flew past his head, and he realized that Cordak had switched to a Zamor Launcher. That Kanohi must be something Toa didn't think moral, beacuse he had never seen anything like it. No way to tell if Oweltre knew. When he had reached the limits of Le Alama, he saw the town in flames. Whne he entered it, a voice called out to them from a building; "Ho, Toa! Stay there if you value your life." He looked up and saw the ANDF captain with several archers posted near him. "Captain, what's the status?" Zaltir asked. "Bad. Rahkshi forcing us into hiding, Visorak finding them and snuffing out pockets of resistance, Exo-Toa tearing down every building in sight. What about Cordak?" He reported. "He killed Oweltre," I solemnly said, holding up the shard I had recovered. All of them seemed to have taken aback by this. The tremors were felt again, and the captain gave a hand signal to his archers. They broke off and entered different buildings. The captain himself drew a Kanoka launcher, and loaded his disc. "Enemy approaching, 200 meters," One archer said, notching his bow. Zaltir turned around and saw the dark shape of Cordak, slowly, almost leisurely, lumbering towards them. Zaltir raised his blades, defiantly holding his position. That is, until cordak missiles detonated the surrounding buildings and destroying the Matoran's cover. Six more rocketed towards him and collapsed several buildings. A green bolt struck one Matoran. His eyes widened and he seemed to have lost control of his body. "Stop me, stop me!" He cried. He drew his sword and started hacking the air around the comrade next to him. "Whoa!" His partner exclaimed, drawing his own blade. They engaged in sword play, before another bolt struck the unaffected Matoran. He dropped his sword and his eyes were like a Mahi's in front of a Kikanalo herd. The first archer shut his eyes, unable to look as he sliced his own brother-in-arms across the chest. Zaltir had enough then. At the speed of wind, he got between the two, parrying the blow and knocking the sword out of his hand. He dropped his own weapons and grabbed the Matoran's shoulders. "Snap out of it! Come on, come back to your senses!" He yelled. It seemed to get the Matoran back, but he heard the Captain yell, "Toa, duck!" He pulled the dazed Matoran down as a Zamor sphere embedded itslef into the wall in front of them. It dissipated into the air as they got back up. Cordak yelled, "You can't run forever, coward!" He was right, Zaltir thought. He gathered his strength and focused his air powers. A cyclone grew until it enveloped Cordak. Over the sound of the wind, his voice grew over it. "You fight me with wind, Toa. It will take more than that to defeat me. Much more!" Fire started to spread across the cyclone, until it was glass. Cordak shattered it from inside of it, and continued on. "Captain, take your forces, retreat. Get to safety," Zaltir told the Captain. He nodded and signaled his forces. Zaltir turned towards Cordak and charged him.

redteamsig.jpg

Chapter 3 As soon as Sivis had seen what was going on outside his modest store, he immediatley retreated to the underground annex he had added when he'd first moved here. He had hid one thing from all those he knew on the island; he was an operative of the Order of Mata Nui. The annex had hid all the Order had given him when he was stationed there: Lightstone Guns, Zamor Launchers, swords, knives, shields, at least 10,000 widgets. Most of it had been delivered by Jerbraz, the invisible Order member. For some reason, the Order had seen fit to station someone on the island. Sivis had been the first choice. His being a Matoran, he could blend in perfectly, and he was more social than was normal for Order members. His orders: Protect against the Makuta. He also knew about Cordak. Cordak was not a Makuta, but an automaton created by Chirox. His mask, the Kanohi Kriegen, Mask of Armament, allowed him to conjure any weapon he could think of out of thin air. He had been originally been designed as a strategist for the Makuta, and became a brilliant one during his time. When Teridax took over, he was reassigned as a general, leading an army of the Makuta's servants to where ever Teridax thought was a threat to his plan. Many Matoran civilizations had been completely wiped out because of him, and no Toa had ever survived an encounter with him. His armor was made of pure protosteel, and no weakness had ever been exposed. Sivis took one Lightstone Rifle off the wall and exited the annex. He stepped out of his house, and immediatley noticed a Matoran futily combating a Rahkshi. Sivis took aim and shot two rounds into the Rahkshi's back. The creature fell, stunned and injured by the weapon. Sivis ran over and finished the Rahkshi off. "Get out of here," He told the Matoran, who quickly dashed off. He loaded more lightstones and went on. It wasn't long before he saw Zaltir and Cordak battling it out. Zalitr was obviously getting exhausted, but Cordak wasn't even breaking a sweat. Every second it seemed, Cordak switched to a new weapon. Zaltir couldn't defend, Cordak was just too strong. Sivis launched an entire clip of lightstones at Cordak, temporarily blinding him. Zalitr took his chance and bashed Cordak across the face with the flat of his blade. Cordak was knocked off guard, and attempted to crush Zaltir with the massive war hammer he had conjured, but the Toa rolled behind him and slashed across his back. The giant doubled over, but immediatley swung with all his strength behind him, narrowly missing the Toa. "You shall soon taste this blade, Toa!" Cordak roared, summoning a giant spear. Fire danced up and down the blade, and when he slashed it, a finger of flame shot from it like lightning. Zaltir dove away from it, trying desperatley to close the distance between him and Cordak. He used air to lift sand up to create glass to use as barrier between the titan and him. Sivis knew that if he didn't do something soon, Zalitr would be nothing but ashes. He loaded his last Lightstone, and fired it. It struck Cordak square in the mask, breaking his concentration. The weapon fizzled into molecules in his hand. Smoke rose from Cordak's mask, and a hole was burnt into it. "You will pay for that, imp!" Cordak bellowed. Zaltir lept on his back and wrenched the mask from his head. "NO!" Cordak screamed, violently backhanding the Toa. Zaltir was knocked unconscious, and Cordak retrieved his mask. "Now, Matoran," He hissed, "You have caused enough trouble. In reality, you have only delayed the inevitable. Prepare to die."

redteamsig.jpg