Welcome, one and all, to the first Short Stories Contest on the new forums! And so, without further ado…
Theme: Take the title of a Bionicle Comic and use that as the theme of your story. See below for a list of names.
That’s right – you take a title from one of the comics and you write whatever you want about it, as long as it ties into the title. Here is a list of the Bionicle Comic titles from BioSector01. To avoid any confusion, only use the titles listed on that page -- some comics have different titles on the cover, so just use the ones listed there. Also, be smart: Don't name your story "Lunchable Comic 1."
How to enter:
The entry period lasts from Tuesday, October 25, 2011 (today) as soon as this topic is posted and will end on Friday, December 2, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. This gives you a little over a month to write your story – no need to rush!
To enter, simply post a link to your entry in this topic using the following form:
Entry name and link:
Any entry PMed to me or not linked in this topic will be ignored – no exceptions.
- All BZPower Rules and Guidelines apply.
- Your story must be new and never before posted on BZP. You can certainly have been working on your entry before this, but it must be posted on BZP after the start of the contest for it to be eligible.
- No plagiarizing! Your story must be your own work.
- No cheating. Simple enough, yes? You don't get anywhere in life by cheating. Also, if you suspect someone of cheating, PM me. DO NOT post here.
- Keep it PG-13 appropriate. So no gory descriptions, excessive violence, inappropriate content, et cetera.
- Your story must be Bionicle. This doesn’t mean you can’t use what some people call “human Bionicle” [where one writes as if the characters are simply humans with powers, similar to X-Men], but the story must contain Bionicle elements. Your story does not have to be set anywhere in particular in the Bionicle storyline, however, nor must it use canon characters.
- The story cannot be a comedy – those belong in the Comedies Forum. You can have comic relief, of course, but the general story should be serious.
- No flaming, bashing, or trolling! I shouldn't even have to say this at all, but if any of this occurs, you will be disqualified immediately.
- Rule Change: You cannot edit your entry more than half an hour after it was posted. This is so that all the judges read exactly the same entry and to make things as fair as possible. (And note that this does not mean you can post your entry, get critique, edit it, and then enter. Any revisions to the story must be done before posting.) For clarification: Once you post your story, you are allowed to edit your entry up to a half-hour after posting it in order to edit formatting errors. However, any entries edited after the half-hour mark will be disqualified. If you must edit your story for some reason after that time, PM me and wait for my reply before doing so.
- There is no minimum or maximum word count for this contest. Just be reasonable, please.
- If your story is not posted in this topic with the correct format, your entry will not be entered into the contest.
The contest hosts reserve the right to change, edit, or make exceptions to any of the rules. A violation of the rules will be judged on a case-by-case basis by contest staff.
Winners will be dictated by judges and all of you. The first round(s) will go to the judges. Once the judges have whiddled it down to 5 or so entries, the entries will go to the polls. However, the entries will also be judged again. Yes, that means that there will be two winners: a “People’s Choice” and a “Judges Choice.”
Judges will be picked by the contest staff. Judges' names will not be posted until after the contest so I won't have to hurt anyone for bribing judges.
Prizes will be announced later.
If you have any questions about the contest not answered above, please post them in this topic. Chances are someone might have the same question, so if you post rather than PMing me, other members can read it the answer.
First, however, look through this post to see if I've already addressed your question. But if you can't find an answer, or you think something is unclear, don't hesitate to post and ask about it!
Again, feel free to ask questions here if you have any. But most importantly, have fun and get writing!
Here is a list of current entries.
Edited by Toa_Velox, Oct 30 2011 - 02:05 AM.