Short Stories Rules And Guidelines

Hahli Husky

Short Stories Rules and Guidelines

In addition to the BZPower Rules and Guidelines, we have a few special rules for this forum. Before you dive into the Wonderful World of Fanfics©, make sure you go over our guidelines. Let's keep this forum classy!

NOTE: This topic's tag will always reflect the date it was last updated. The "Edited By" line at the bottom of this post will describe the latest changes made.

1) This forum is for serious stories that only require ONE post. Please note that stories with multiple chapters belong in Epics, while humorous and "goofball" stories go in Comedies. If you wish to use your already-posted short story as the first chapter for an epic, PM the Short Stories Leader and they'll move your topic to Epics.

2) Only BIONICLE and LEGO stories are allowed. If your story is completely unrelated to Bionicle or LEGO, put it in Off Topic Culture.

3) Don't post multiple chapters as separate topics. Those belong in a single topic in Epics.

4) Short Stories are replied to and commented on within the story thread itself.

5) Topic revival is allowed. If you want to review a story, and the last post in the review topic is over a month old, you are still allowed to post!

6) No flaming or shaming. Don't forget the site's zero tolerance for flaming and trolling. Please refrain from posting hurtful replies like "This was stupid!" or "Wow, this is awful." If you don't like a story, please respectfully share what you didn't like, or walk away.

7) You may have just one topic that is a collection of all your fanfics in the BZP Library, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in this forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions.

8) Plagarism is not tolerated in the BZPower Library. It's obvious that you shouldn't copy another member's story and paste it into your own topic. However, taking a member's story and changing the character's names, rearranging the sentences, and/or replacing words the member used is not allowed, either.

Please note that each complaint of plagiarism will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes a member is ripping off of your plot ideas and sentence structures, and other times you two may have just conceived similar ideas. The forum leaders will be glad to help you figure this out. :)

Useful Links:

Short Stories Library

Short Stories Contest History

Thank you for abiding by our "house rules". Happy writing, everyone! If you have any questions, please post in this topic or contact the current SS Forum Leader:

GSR

Edited by -Windrider-
Updating active staff list.

• 1 year later...
7) You are allowed to have only ONE topic that is a collection of all your fanfics, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in this forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions.
In regards to Rule 7, may I link to COT stories in my library, or will I have to create a separate library with all my COT stories?

• 1 month later...

7) You are allowed to have only ONE topic that is a collection of all your fanfics, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in this forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions.

In regards to Rule 7, may I link to COT stories in my library, or will I have to create a separate library with all my COT stories?

Linking to your COT stories in your library is fine, no need for a separate COT library.

Now that we have a fancy new creative forum in the COT section, you may have a library topic there for non-LEGO stories, and a library topic here for LEGO stories! :)

Edited by Hahli Husky

• 7 months later...

I have a question: before we weren't allowed to re-post old stories because they were available on the old forums. Well, the old forums don't seem to be running anymore. Is this a temporary problem?

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I have a question: before we weren't allowed to re-post old stories because they were available on the old forums. Well, the old forums don't seem to be running anymore. Is this a temporary problem?

This should be a temporary problem, since I believe B6 is planning to bring the archive back when he can. If it doesn't come back soon enough, I have already been thinking about letting people repost old stories.

EDIT MUCH LATER: People can now repost their old stories since the archives won't be coming back.

Edited by Hahli Husky

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...