Short Stories Rules and Guidelines
In addition to the BZPower Rules and Guidelines, we have a few special rules for this forum. Before you dive into the Wonderful World of Fanfics©, make sure you go over our guidelines. Let's keep this forum classy!
NOTE: This topic's tag will always reflect the date it was last updated. The "Edited By" line at the bottom of this post will describe the latest changes made.
1) Stories that take more than one post belong in Epics. This is a forum for one-post stories ONLY. If you wish to use your posted SS as the first chapter for an epic, PM the Short Stories Leader and they'll move your topic to Epics.
2) Don't post multiple chapters as separate topics. Those belong in a single topic in Epics.
3) Short Stories are replied to and commented on within the story thread itself.
4) Only BIONICLE and LEGO stories are allowed. If your story is completely unrelated to Bionicle or LEGO, put it in Off Topic Culture.
5) Topic revival is allowed. If you want to review a story, and the last post in the review topic is over a month old, you are still allowed to post!
6) Criticism and praise in reviews must be constructive. Please refrain from posting generic replies like 'Do more!' or 'Keep up the good work!'. They are considered to be void of any meaning, and therefore are spam. Only saying "This was stupid!" or "Wow, this is awful." is also considered spam. Don't forget our zero tolerance for flaming and trolling, as well.
7) You may have just one topic that is a collection of all your fanfics in the BZP Library, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in this forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions.
8) Plagarism is not tolerated in the BZPower Library. It's obvious that you shouldn't copy another member's story and paste it into your own topic. However, taking a member's story and changing the character's names, rearranging the sentences, and/or replacing words the member used is not allowed, either.
- Please note that each complaint of plagarism will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes a member is ripping off of your plot ideas and sentence structures, and other times you two may have just conceived similar ideas. The forum leaders will be glad to help you figure this out.
If you have any questions, please post in this topic or contact one of the current SS Forum Staff Members:
- Short Stories Library
- Short Stories Contest History
- Short Stories Critics Club
- The Ambage Writer's Club
If you have other links you think could go in this section, please contact one of the forum leaders.
Thank you for abiding by our "house rules". Everyone has a great time when we adhere to these simple guidelines. Happy writing, everyone!
Edited by Hahli Husky, Feb 05 2013 - 09:31 PM.
Some descriptions edited for clarification. Useful links section finally updated.