A Skakdi Horror Story

Toa Smoke Monster

Note: This is a Halloween story that I was going to post last month, but I wasn't able to finish it until today. Hope everyone enjoys it regardless.

A Skakdi Horror Story

The island of Zakaz was covered in the dark of the night. No stars could be seen shining in the dark sky above, nor was there any moon. At least, that is what I, Adzul, remember of that night. There were no sounds, no dangerous weather, not even a gentle breeze. It was just a cold, dead night on our island, as if time itself had frozen upon it.

Maybe that was why he came that night. Maybe he knew that his approach, his march of death and destruction, would have a better chance of success in the blanket of darkness and quiet that nothing could brake.

I know not how the mighty monster named Irnakk came into being. We the Skakdi believed that he was only a myth. A terrifying myth that haunted the dreams of our kind for countless centuries and robbed many of sleep at night, but a myth nonetheless. Some think he was born from the Giant Lake in the heart of Zakaz. How ironic it would've been that something that brings death of the Skakdi race would come from one place where we didn't tear each other to pieces. Others believed the Makuta Spirah performed one too many experiments on one poor Skakdi soul, and had transformed him into the monster that had the golden spine.

For me, it mattered not how Irnakk came into this world. All that mattered was that once he had his sights on your town or fortress, it would not live to see the morning.

I believe it was the two Skakdi guards outside my fortress that first heard the monstrous roar of Irnakk that broke the silence that night. Or course, they had no idea that our worst nightmare was coming for us. They believed it to be a Rahi driven mad. When the roar sounded like it was getting closer to the fortress, they sent half a dozen Nektann machines to investigate and see if the 'Rahi' posed a threat. Twenty minutes later, they heard another sound. One that no Skakdi had ever heard before this horrible night.

It was the sound of a Nektann machine screaming in fear as it died.

I don't recall how long it took the Irnakk to reach our gates after that. All I remember was the scream of the guards awakening everyone in the fortress. All twelve of us rushed to the entrance, only to find the gates collapsed, ablaze in fire. One of the two guards stumbled out of the flames, burning alive as he screamed in unstoppable pain. Then before our terrified eyes, his body melted into a pool of liquid metal.

It was I who was first able to tear my gaze off the horrible sight and notice the shape of the attacker looming in the fires before us. If I was known in that second that the fires separated Irnakk from us, I would've ran until I couldn't have run anymore. But I didn't know. Mata Nui, I didn't know. And it cost all of us greatly.

"Come to play."

Those were the words that the he spoke as his monstrous form emerged from the flames and began his rampage. My fellow Skakdi and I screamed in horror and ran for their lives as the myth brought to life tore at anything it could get its skull covered claws on.

A Skakdi of Earth and Skakdi of Ice were the first to be killed by the monster. They foolishly got themselves pinned between a stone wall and Irnakk. They were dead before they could even think of a way to escape. I watched as two other Skakdi tied to attack him with their impact vision, but two spheres launched from the monster's back stopped them. They struck the two Skakdi, reversing their attacks on themselves. I looked away then, but not before I saw enough to know now what impact vision can do at close range to a Skakdi skull. Not even someone from my kind should see that.

In a matter of minutes, the rest of my kind had fallen to the monster. We summoned the rest of our Nektann to try to save us from our worst nightmare, but they only bought me a few seconds as they fell with the remaining Skakdi. Some lost their lives by Irnakk's Zamor Spheres, others by his giant claws. Before I knew it, I was the only one left. I found myself envying those who were dead. At least they didn't have to suffer anymore at the mercy of Irnakk.

He hit me with his backhand as I tried to escape down a side exit of the room. I slammed back-first into a nearby stone wall. Dazed, I looked up and saw the monster leaning over me, as if deciding what he would do with me.

"What are you waiting for?" I stammered at him. "Why don't kill me like the rest?"

"I do not wish death on all my toys. There is no fun in that." Irnakk replied, his voice sounding like bones cracking. "I have a much better idea for you."

Before I come do anything, the monster fired his red vision power on me, bathing me in dark red light. Suddenly, the world around me vanished, and I found myself floating in a dark void. There was no stone floor beneath me, no stone walls, fires, or dead Skakdi and Nektann around me, and no light to see my hand in front of me. I didn't even know if there was air for me to breathe anymore. There was just...nothing.

"Where am I?" That was what I tried to scream, but no sound escaped my lips. I tried to turn my head, to move my body in any way, only to fail in my efforts. I began to question if I still had a body at all now. I certainly didn't feel like I did before.

"Congratulations, little Skakdi." A booming voice I recognized as Irnakk's said to me from all around me in the darkness. "You have given the greatest gift of all living things, Adzul. A gift no other Skakdi, Makuta, or even Mata Nui could give you, because only I could give it to you."

"I have given you the gift of immortality."

Before this moment, that would've been a wish come true for me. But now they were coming from Irnakk, which only left me trembling.

"But the price of this gift is that you will now forever live in my mind, as a 'memory'." Irnakk went on darkly. "You will never fill your stomach with food, never quench your thirst, never have your needs fulfilled ever again. You will just stay in my mind, to entertain me as I see fit."

"Forever."

My body was suddenly reformed as I found myself removed from the dark void and floating over a huge canyon filled with Skakdi skulls. A huge Rahi at least five times the size of a Tantorak emerged out of them, armed with sharp claws and magma escaping from its jaws. It was a monster that could only be created in the imagination of the mad.

"This is just one of the many ideas I have to put you through, Azdul." Irnakk went on as I began to slowly be lowered to the monstrous Rahi beneath me. "And I am very interested in seeing which one entertains me the most."

I suddenly had an image form in my mind, one that would surely kill me if such a thing were still possible. It was the image of Irnakk smiling.

"Let the entertainment begin." Irnakk cheered as I uncontrollably entered the Rahi hungry mouth. And all that could be heard in Irnakk's mind were my pain-filled screams.

Comments and Criticism appreciated! 
Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I can't think of the proper terrified rage face to post with this, so I won't. This was a great story but absolutely terrifying at the same time.

Thanks for reading my story! :) 

I really wanted to show why the Skakdi were so afraid of Irnakk, and I hope I did a good enough job showing that here. 

Again, thanks for the reply! :)

pc0lX6T.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sp00ked, m8. Very good story. Like Gukko Lord said, a horror story about toys would be hard. You handled it well.

I'm sp00ked.

Thanks! I'm very happy that this is giving the 'spooks' to some people, since that was the intent I was going for. :P

Again, thanks for reading my story! :)

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 months later...

Woah. O_O A sequel would be nice at this point. O_O a very disturbing story to say the least.

I never thought about writing a sequel for this. I don't know even though if I could write one, but I will think about it.

Thanks for reading my story! :)

pc0lX6T.png