One

Parugi

One

My lungs and eyes burn white hot. I feel younger, as if I have been reborn. The chaos that is my mind evens out, becomes clearer. I feel as if chains of doubt are lifted from my very being; I am becoming light as a feather. Memories, emotions, power; these things course through my veins, energizing me. I am detached from this world… I am powerful… and yet…What measure is a god?As this mass of knowledge, this whirlwind of memories, this grand collection of souls courses into my body, this is the one thought, the only wonder that crosses my mind. The three beings standing before me, soldiers of my enemy, weapons raised as they watch, shocked, as I become one with the monster that has murdered so many within their little city… They do not threaten me. The energy I emanate forces my own so-called ‘allies’ back several steps, away from my side; they watch in surprise as the green mist rises from the ground, engulfing me, entering my body, empowering my very being… This does not surprise me. My heads-up display begins to go haywire from the sheer energy output; the green lines on my body glow ever brighter; the rounded visor of my pitch black helmet cracks at the edges from the sudden shifting of the air around me… This does not concern me. Auras of energy begin to surround my hands as my eight wings unfurl, mixing green with gray, creating a phantasm outline around my very being… This does not frighten me.The last tendrils of energy enter me, integrating with my inner systems. I feel a sudden calm. The wind stops blowing. The temperature around me drops back to normal, snow beginning to fall in large amounts around us once more, hopelessly attempting to pile on the large circle I have melted in the snow that was already present. I take a deep breath, eyes closed as I tilt my head back, looking to the shadow-covered sky. I open my eyes. For the first time, they glow brightly enough for me to see them in the reflection of my visor. They glow a bright green. From their expressions, I deduce that my… friends… can see these orbs of light as well. A legion of voices whispers within my mind, an endless supply of power at my disposal, freed from their torment within the gatherer’s being.I will treat them well; oh, yes. For they have given me something no one else ever could have: Immeasurable power. The power of the common people; the power of everything they ever were, ever have been, ever will be. Their memories, their desires, their fear, their hopes, their doubts, their dreams – they are all mine.I will treat them well.Slowly, I allow my wings to drop, my eyes fixed on the beings before me. One is an Artanian, an officer named Sanshou. She wields her blades in each hand. Her eyes glare at me through her Ruru, though I can tell that she is uncertain. She does not know what I am now. Not anymore. We have come a long way since she first met me. I am far more powerful now. I had hinted that this would happen when we first spoke. She did not listen. I am unfazed by her glare.To her left stands a Toa of Ice, white and silver-armored and scythe-wielding. His hood hides parts of his face, though I know what he feels. He does not fear me. I am but a remaining obstacle in this mission; he knows as well as I that I am the one thing standing between this group and Lyxek’s finale. I do not intend on letting them through. I will be the one to finish our common enemy off; I will become immortal. The Dark Hunter thinks otherwise. He has struck down a monster before; I, too, will be struck down by his hand… or so he thinks. He is overconfident.At Sanshou’s right stands another being. Another Dark Hunter; another female. She is a Toa, as well; her armor is silver and turquoise. Unlike her companion, she does not wear a hood. Her Mask of Emulation is completely visible; I can tell that she intends to use it against me. Unfortunately, it will not work; I am not affected by masks. I am a god; I make the rules now. And in my rules, my universe, Kanohi, keepers of identity, have no place. No one can hide from me anymore. Faces will be revealed, corpses turned about. Those who defy such laws will quickly be cast out, devoured.My partner says something to me; I do not hear it. It is drowned in my thoughts, and those of these new spirits, as I observe the soldiers. One of my partners has fled; the broken Toa, too cowardly, too fearful to risk staying near me. Perhaps he bears some sense in his shattered mind. A shame; when once I knew him he was so much more… and look at him now. My remaining partner says something again. I ignore him; he moves forward. As he does, I become aware once more of the gauntlet he wears.He says something. His voice is drowned by my thoughts. That gauntlet glistens in what light remains from the sun above us. It is powerful… I am powerful… I could become more powerful through it… “D…ia…?” He reaches out to me, seeks to snap me out of my trance. A foolish move, on par with offering a hand to a Takea…My apologies, I telepathically say in his head. This increase in power allows me to transmit the message in milliseconds. He has no time to comprehend this before I make my move.His scream of pain brings my senses back to normal. My face is expressionless at the sound. A mist of red and black dissipates in the air; my hand, held flat and sideways, is in the air, held aloft by my straightened arm, my slicing action invisible at the speed I can now move. My partner’s is not so lucky. He stumbles back, clutching his wrist; his armored hand is gone. I raise my free hand, catching the severed one with ease; these tendrils of energy certainly make the task easier, carrying it into my palm, wrist first, without difficulty. Ignoring the fluid leaking from the severed wrist, I observe the glove. It is indeed powerful; a local creation, designed by my former master. Using cards, it implants powers into its wearer. It will suit me just as well as it had my partner…My nanobots surge forward, disintegrating the remains of the hand within the gauntlet, allowing me to slip it onto my own left hand. The warriors stare on with shock and disgust; I pay no heed. As my hand comes into contact with the inside of the glove, the locks activate. The Coder has become one with my being – and now I turn to deal with the others, ignoring the curses and growls from the downed Vailian.“I recall you saying something a while ago, Sanshou…” I say quietly to the middle, green-armored warrior, my voice barely audible over the soft wind. A multitude of voices mixes with my own, creating an ethereal effect in the air around me; or perhaps that is just my imagination… “That we mortals were doomed to die, to be outlived by gods…” I raise my arms, my wings spanning out behind me. “But you fail to realize… we have the potential to become like those we worship. I am all-powerful now. I am the Mortal God. We are as One; and I am One… Forever…”She shakes her head, clenching her teeth. This amuses me. “You’re insane,” she says. I notice her grip tighten on the daggers in her hands. My mind brushes against hers. She is nervous; I can feel it. “You aren’t a god, Dalmia; you’re-““I’m what?” I interrupt her, taking a slow step forward. The three shift uncomfortably as I near. “I’m a monster? A fool? No…” I raise a hand toward her, my palm outstretched. “I'm one. I'm all encompassing. And you shall join with me.” A soft green aura emanates from my being, dust-like in appearance; then a burst of energy shoots forward, a phantasm shape resembling my hand and forearm. It strikes Sanshou, stunning her as I intended, prompting them into action. She recovers; they move to attack me. A hand of ice emerges from behind me, aiming to crush my body. A blast of some sort of energy surges forth, attempting to destroy my mind. A knife is thrown toward my abdomen, a blade to impale my spirit.My expression remains blank as I will energy to lance forth. A glowing sphere appears around me, tendrils of darkness and pure energy arcing from my body and striking it, disintegrating and disrupting all of their attacks. The protective sphere strikes them all, knocking them back with such force that they can barely scream upon impact. Vailian, too, is caught in the blast; it knocks him away, out of sight.They are gone. I hear their screams and shouts of surprise as their life force rapidly drains away, causing their bodies to transform into stone. I hear their final thoughts… no; I devour them. So delicious… uncertainty; regret; sadness… I want more… and I shall get it, as they become another set of souls for me to take…Why?How?This can’t be happening…It can’t end now!It is too late for them now. They are gone. I lower my hand, willing my destructive field back into my being. The ground, once cool and covered in wet snow, is now scorched; a direct result of my release of energy. I feel no regret for my actions. I have risen above the limitations of normal beings. I am above Toa, above Artanians, above Skakdi and Vortixx, above Makuta and even – dare I say it? – Mata Nui himself. I am a god. I am perfection.I feel no regret.Thunder sounds above my head, deep within the clouds. I turn, staring up at the large mountain behind me, from which the shadowy clouds grow and expand. Therein lays the fabled Heart of Shadow, the Coeur d’Ombre. There lies my former master. Even now he seeks to reawaken He Who Once Was, the keeper of the grave. Soon, both halves of the Heart will be activated, as per the plan. Soon, the ultimate power will be unleashed, free to be taken.Soon, absolute power will fall into the hands of a mortal. The true power of the gods who once helped to shape this universe will become just another tool in the hands of the Toa.And soon, it will be mine. For I am the new Forever One… and so I will forever remain… I will change this universe. I will recreate it; build it in my own image. I will bring peace and tranquility to this world. Freewill shall be destroyed, replaced with obedience and trust. War will become little more than a nightmare, a thing of fear, a shadow in the corner, never spreading. I will become the ultimate power in the world, and all will bow before me. Light and shadow shall balance, creating a world of neutrality and equality. Or perhaps I’ll simply break it further… only to rebuild it again… and again… and again… And I can…For I am the Forever One. The perfect being. A power absolute in its existence.

All is one... and I am one... Forever one…

Author's Notes: So... There be my first posted Short Story on BZPower. For those confused about what this is about... it ties into my story universe; specifically, somewhat explaining what happened to an Alternate Dimension of an important character called Illuxio from Day Run: The Garden, one of the current Bionicle RPGs.Anyhow, yeah. It's meant to be confusing, even for players in the RPG. So don't try too hard to understand it. :PI'm also not looking for a lot of reviews, considering this wasn't meant to be a completely serious piece of writing. So if you want to give me some C&C, theeeen... go ahead, I guess. I'm not asking for it, though. :3Anyway, hope you enjoyed. ^_^

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Oh. Oh boy. Well this is certainly going to be interesting. Yeah, I decided to ignore the spoiler warning in your blog. =PSo, again, I have to say this... Oh boy. Technically I can see how you've been hinting toward these things, but even so, it's very shocking. and one was a plot twist beyond plot twists... No, wait, all of this was one huge plot twist. =OVery good writing, I must say, though. Very intrigued now, for multiple reasons. =P

You said this was confusing, but I could actually follow it pretty well. The way you mention characters flows naturally, and makes for an uncluttered story. The descriptions you put in are detailed just enough, and I love the voice of this character. His power reminds me of the eldunari from inheritance... But excellent job. I hope to see more out of you!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for not having enough time to reply to this sooner. DX But I'm here now, and as such I shall respond! ^_^

Oh. Oh boy. Well this is certainly going to be interesting. Yeah, I decided to ignore the spoiler warning in your blog. =PSo, again, I have to say this... Oh boy. Technically I can see how you've been hinting toward these things, but even so, it's very shocking. and one was a plot twist beyond plot twists... No, wait, all of this was one huge plot twist. =OVery good writing, I must say, though. Very intrigued now, for multiple reasons. =P

I figured that from your reply. :PChances are that what you're thinking I revealed through this is actually incorrect. but we shall see. 8DThank you! I was a little concerned that the writing would be seen as sub-par considering how it sort of jumps around a bit, but considering whose perspective this is from as well as the circumstances in-story, I think it works. ^_^

You said this was confusing, but I could actually follow it pretty well. The way you mention characters flows naturally, and makes for an uncluttered story. The descriptions you put in are detailed just enough, and I love the voice of this character. His power reminds me of the eldunari from inheritance... But excellent job. I hope to see more out of you!

Whew! That makes things less concerning! XP Although... actually, now that I think about it, a lack of knowledge about the events of the RPG might make this easier to understand, since you wouldn't have had to sort out my confusing 'pointers' about what's going on... So, this is probably more confusing to players than nonplayers. XPReeegardless... Thanks for the comments! The character descriptions were another concern for me, since I felt like they sort of diverted what was happening in the story, but I'm glad to hear that that's not the case. ^_^And yeah; Dalmia's a fun character to write, both here and in the RPG; he's definitely one of my favorite, created-by-me villains. :P In regards to Inheritance -- I actually haven't read those books yet, but I've heard they're good. It's an interesting parallel between Dalmia and the eldunari, however.So yeah; thanks for the review, and I do intend on posting more in the future -- primarily in the epics forum, though I have a few more short stories planned. :) Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

So I finally disregarded my caution and read this. Kinda funny, as Kovian and Sepcret (or whoever that is, I forget her same) were just reintroduced to the RPG.Anyways, definitely interesting and unexpected. So Dalmia gain's the Collector's power, or some of it, and the Coder, and now wants to kill Lyxek and have all the power to himself? That would make sense with those running scenes in Illuxio's memory...So yeah, well-written and generally awesome story here.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*