Helryx's Fury

Stroxx

91a9d6101958bc43e0090cba07a7a95a-d3k9yaw

I've recently made this pic a few months ago (if I can recall it correctly). Took me quite a while before finishing it, especially because I have no idea how I exactly made it. Really, I was just totally experimenting on it, but anyboo. Helryx is one of my all time favourites, and since she doesn't get enough love I decided to whip up something how she might look like. :D And water Toa are cool. They could literally own anybody with only a spoonful water. Just think about~ high pressure cutting machines are using WATER to cut stuff. (And no, I have no idea what's on the other side of the shield :) )And as always, constructive criticism is always welcome, though picky 'peoplez' will be handed pickles. Love you guys and enjoy the pic. :baaa:Note: I have posted this pic elsewhere too. Oyee is my other alias I usually use to sign my pics. Made with CS3, love and delicious cakes.

Edited by Stroxx
  • Upvote 4

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Nice work!I love the water effect, it looks really cool. :DHowever, I think the picture should be brighter. It worked on your Makuta pic, and added a lot to the feel. On this one though, it makes it hard to see what's going on. I can't see where her legs end, and her torso looks messy from lack of detail.Overall a very good piece, just a little too dark.

jlovfkk.jpg

Nice work!I love the water effect, it looks really cool. :biggrin:However, I think the picture should be brighter. It worked on your Makuta pic, and added a lot to the feel. On this one though, it makes it hard to see what's going on. I can't see where her legs end, and her torso looks messy from lack of detail.Overall a very good piece, just a little too dark.

Wow, you're fast :D The pic's darkness here is intended, though it doesn't help the issue, that my monitor is overly bright. I've been trying to balance this out somewhat lately on more recent pictures. I might adjust this ones brightness a bit, but I'm afraid that it would ruin that nice gloominess and them light effects. o_____o

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

I like the effect with the water, and the really neat looking sheild. Is it just me, or can you see the human-looking arms in this picture? Not sure Helryx would have those. Is splashing water out of a weapon (I'm guessing) in mid-leap wrathful? Still looks like a good picture, however.

Dynamic pose at an unusual angle, interesting moody lighting, and some nice looking water effects. Whatever you were experimenting around with must have been pretty potent, it looks great. The only thing bugging me is that I can't see any strong design in her armour, it looks like it might just be random greeble, but everything going on in the picture obscures it anyway and puts it at lower priority. And maybe there is a cohesive design under there, not like it always needs to be obvious. But in case you don't, consider putting more work in to designing characters and cutting down on noisy details.

This is one of best artworks I've seen here in the past weeks. What strikes me most is the excellent composition. Highly dynamic and very well done. Kudos to you for that!I think if it were slightly lighter in the background it would be even better, but that is just a minor thing that is the only thing I think could use improvement.I really like your idea of Helryx' design as well.Great job!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

This really represents Helryx well. I imagined she'd look just like this anyway. More please(with epic battle backgrounds!)!

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just can't stop admiring the way you played with the lighting and shadows! The way the armor and water glint just enough to define the color and form as they come popping out of the dark background is just so cool. Great job!

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here