Eljay: The Becoming

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

I figured this should return, so join me for...

The North-Western Isles Continuity presents...

etb_poster.png

Many years ago, months before the beginning of One Nation Under The Great Spirit...Eljay, a simple Matoran, wanted to peacefully live his life. He never thought about why it was peaceful, or that it was. He just lived. Slowly but surely, this would change. He would embark on a mission to bring back the peace that so many had longed for. He'd have to pay a huge price, and ask himself if it's really worth it...

Let the adventure begin, in that case...

Chapter 1: Remembering the beginning

Comic 1: Sweet beginningComic 2: Unsettling offense

Comic 3: Disgruntled costumer

Comic 4: Dark dreams

Comic 5: Snuffed flame

Chapter 2: Beginning the quest

Comic 6: Lucky find

Comic 7: Have a nice fall

Comic 8: Hard landing

Comic 9: Destiny's choice

Comic 10: Turning point

Chapter 3: Becoming a Toa

Comic 11: Fighting lesson

Comic 12: Long ago recap

Comic 13: Collected

Comic 14: Show and tell

Comic 15: Practice

Chapter 4: Home sick

Credits: InnerRayg for the sprites!

How often these will be updated is unknown, but there are more comics ready in case. I shall be working hard on these, but I need your guys help to keep it a float! I hope you enjoy these, and make this something to remember.

sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

YES IT'S FINALLY BACKWITH A NEW COMICAMAZIN' RAISINI've reviewed this before so I'm not going to repeat myself. But the latest comic was very well done. Oh Sasuku, whatta character.Good work and I hope to see more. I really hope to see more. :|-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

PURPLE!!!!!!!!!Sorry...Its Great to see these back up Eljay, can't wait to see where these...PURPLE!!!!!!!!*Cough*...Can't wait to see where these go.---OMG... Those Toa.... I'VE SEEN THEM BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hmm....As well.... Why does the bad guy always run away... *SadFace*z_signoff.png

That's a nice pink torso you have there.Interesting premise you have here for this series, Eljay.Since it seems to be just the beginning, there's not much I can say other thanthe comics so far look great, and somewhat understandable.Looking forward to the rest of this series.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your support and interest! Sorry for the wait, but here is a new comic!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great comic as usual. Seems like the storyline's picking up a bit, so that's good. Plot progression = fun fer dayz.Like Mange, I enjoyed the use of shadows as well. Love the graphical presentation of these comics.Good job yo.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 1 month later...

A strange dream is always a nice detail to start off an interesting plot.Nice comic Eljay.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

• 4 weeks later...

That was a great comic. And no, it didn't grate any cheese. The graphics applied were really good, though when Laze and Eljay stood at the table, it looked like there was some rod sticking out of both of them, and not a table they were behind. :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Oh cool a dramatic cliffhanger ending. Those are always fun.Your graphical style with these never ceases to impress me; one of the reasons why I wish for you to continue with these. The plot seems to be going along nicely which is great as well. Can't wait to see the next installment and such.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

When I read the sixth panel of the latest comic, I thought of the Pokémon song. "We shall travel across the land, searching far and wide."Anyway, it's pretty cool, keep it up buddy.

Guess who's back?

(>^.^)> It's Magic. ~(._.~)

Not me.

• 3 weeks later...

the thing that makes me love this is the usage of rayg 2. it's a excellent sprite kit and it's good to see people use it, even though it's near 7 years old.the story is very... enticing. it's interesting and intricate and mysterious. why did he dream of being the green toa? (don't know his name -- sorry!) who is the creature with the red eyes? they're all unanswerable at the moment and that's another thing i like about it; making questions. that's what a good story needs. great comic series, and keep up the good work.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

• 1 month later...

That was a great comic. And no, it didn't grate any cheese. The graphics applied were really good, though when Laze and Eljay stood at the table, it looked like there was some rod sticking out of both of them, and not a table they were behind. :P

Table was somewhat rushed, but I thought it looked okay :P Thank you, and glad you liked it!

Oh cool a dramatic cliffhanger ending. Those are always fun.Your graphical style with these never ceases to impress me; one of the reasons why I wish for you to continue with these. The plot seems to be going along nicely which is great as well. Can't wait to see the next installment and such.-Mesonak

Thank ya very much. Well, if this one impressed you, then this new comic should as well! Little more advance to the plot =PSo yeah, new comic! Enjoy!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Hooray for the revival of ETB. Must be kept up and such.Comic maintains the same level of quality set by the comics that precede it. AKA it's good.Nice effects used here, gotta say. Plot progression's always nice as well.Speaking of plot progression what a cliffhanger. What will happen next?!Looking forward to your next comic to find out what will happen next.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 1 month later...

That was a great comic.What a heroic save by the .... Toa whose name I forget completely. : |I noticed you improved Laze's text, in the sense that its much easier to read now. Thanks for that. Graphics are nice as usual and the plot is progressing very nicely.Your comics are an excellent work of professionalism. Keep it up; the future is very promising.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 2 weeks later...
That was a great comic.What a heroic save by the .... Toa whose name I forget completely.: |I noticed you improved Laze's text, in the sense that its much easier to read now. Thanks for that. Graphics are nice as usual and the plot is progressing very nicely.Your comics are an excellent work of professionalism. Keep it up; the future is very promising.-Mesonak
That is Fridak. You may also know him as Fred =P And yeah, I did my best to make Laze's text more readable. Thank you!New comic!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

I like the thematic affects you put into the panels. I've been reading the comics with some of the original MNOLG soundtrack songs and it gives it a realistic feel to it. The story is also intriguing, it's kept me reading. You've also improved on your graphic abilities. Don't stop working, chap. :)

Hmm. That hissing doesn't sound too good for Laze...Great plot progression. Truly looking forward to what happens next.-V-

I like the thematic affects you put into the panels. I've been reading the comics with some of the original MNOLG soundtrack songs and it gives it a realistic feel to it.The story is also intriguing, it's kept me reading.You've also improved on your graphic abilities. Don't stop working, chap. :)
Thank you very much! Glad to hear it has that effect. I should try that =P And yeah, I try to make things look pleasing to the eyes, but also able to stand on its own. Again, thank you!
Hmm. That hissing doesn't sound too good for Laze...Great plot progression. Truly looking forward to what happens next.-V-
Oh, it sure isn't! Thank you!
What if Laze actually became the Toa of Mangosteen, but killed then Eljay, stole his mask and resumed his identity?Plot twist
Uhh... I don't think that would work :PNew comic!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Comic 8 was very interesting; I saw what was coming a mile away, and that totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I read comic 9 before comic 8. @_@Was still a suspenseful ending, though. Poor Laze. Doomed from the start...Comic 9 followed up on this masterfully. Laze telling Eljay to become the Toa in his last moments was a nice touch. Gives Eljay something to motivate him. Let's hope he takes Sinarahk down in stylish fashion.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Oh the humanity!True friends fight for each other, even if the other one is dead. *fist of strength*
:flagusa:Uh, I mean... =P
Comic 8 was very interesting; I saw what was coming a mile away, and that totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I read comic 9 before comic 8. @_@Was still a suspenseful ending, though. Poor Laze. Doomed from the start...Comic 9 followed up on this masterfully. Laze telling Eljay to become the Toa in his last moments was a nice touch. Gives Eljay something to motivate him. Let's hope he takes Sinarahk down in stylish fashion.-Mesonak
I had originally planned to kill him by burning him alive, buuuuuut plans changed =P Thanks!
I would suggest....Eljay should kill him.Or did I just spoil comic 10? D:
Spoil comic 10? Nah. Speaking of which...New comic! Thanks for posting, guys!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Well, now that I've caught up on your series...I found in comic 7 that the perspective, or at least direction of characters was a bit odd. It seemed like the matoran were supposed to be facing the Rahkshi but they were both facing the right.Comic 8 lacked in wording though, like "better with weapons and stuff like that". While a better phrase eludes me right now, that was a weak statement. :P9 and 10 however, were very good, very dramatic and tragic. The transformation taking place for most of the comic was great too. Those effects, man...

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Comic 10 was great and such.The number one thing I have to call out in this comic is how strange you look without the Mangosteen blade and the gold Miru. I'm just not used to it. ._.It was cool, though. I think Sinarahk's in for a beatdown. Congrats on wrapping up chapter 2. :P-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 2 months later...
Well, now that I've caught up on your series...I found in comic 7 that the perspective, or at least direction of characters was a bit odd. It seemed like the matoran were supposed to be facing the Rahkshi but they were both facing the right.Comic 8 lacked in wording though, like "better with weapons and stuff like that". While a better phrase eludes me right now, that was a weak statement. :P9 and 10 however, were very good, very dramatic and tragic. The transformation taking place for most of the comic was great too. Those effects, man...
Yeah, it was a failed perspective test. Think of it as the camera spinning around them.As for the wording, I guess I tried to make it sound... Just simple. I didn't see a need for complexity in that case. :PAnd thanks! I am actually really glad how those came out. Some might say what happened is a little too soon, but I am not trying to draw this out.
Comic 10 was great and such.The number one thing I have to call out in this comic is how strange you look without the Mangosteen blade and the gold Miru. I'm just not used to it.._.It was cool, though. I think Sinarahk's in for a beatdown. Congrats on wrapping up chapter 2. :P-Mesonak
Yeah, it's not something very commonly seen. I look A LOT more like Lewa Mata. But, hey, gotta stick with the story. =PAnd oh boy, he sure is. Thanks!
WoahFirst he was a matoranNowHe's a toa :o
cool.png
Do it man.Do it.For Laze.Also, nice job on those effects. Very clean.-V-
I did try and make sure the transformation looked alright. Took as many cues from The Legends of Metru-Nui as I could. Thank you!Well, new comic guys! Gonna try and finish this series up!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Overdue review is overdue, granted I voiced my opinions in private, but still. A post is nice.Quite enjoyed the comic, as per usual. Cool fight scene, and I enjoyed the part where Eljay wanted to kill him, but was halted, being informed of the Toa Code. Thought that was a nice segment. And ono, the final tablet. Seems as if things are progressing along, which is nice.That was well done. Keep 'em coming, yo.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 2 weeks later...
Overdue review is overdue, granted I voiced my opinions in private, but still. A post is nice.Quite enjoyed the comic, as per usual. Cool fight scene, and I enjoyed the part where Eljay wanted to kill him, but was halted, being informed of the Toa Code. Thought that was a nice segment. And ono, the final tablet. Seems as if things are progressing along, which is nice.That was well done. Keep 'em coming, yo.-Mesonak
Things are progressing indeed. I feel as though I'm rushing things here, because I am capping this series off at 25 comics, so it's gonna be tough fitting everything in. But from what everyone says, everything is alright. Glad you liked it!Well guys, got another comic! Enjoy!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry about the absence, guys.

After December, I've been tuckered out as far a making comics go. I just recently got inspired to continue. I only took a break, I'm not quitting.

With that, here is a new comic!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

That was very impressive. Seems like a slight graphical upgrade from your usual comics, but that may be simply me not having seen your work for a while.

Dialogue seemed to flow a bit better as well. Plot progression's always nice; Eljay's showcase of his powers was impressive.

I really enjoyed this. You should, like, continue to make more. I'm impressed you finally did. :P

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

That was very impressive. Seems like a slight graphical upgrade from your usual comics, but that may be simply me not having seen your work for a while.

Dialogue seemed to flow a bit better as well. Plot progression's always nice; Eljay's showcase of his powers was impressive.

I really enjoyed this. You should, like, continue to make more. I'm impressed you finally did. :P

-Mesonak

Thanks! And yeah, I think it was just because of the length of time before I released a new comic. It's been interesting going back and remembering what I normally do for comics. The next one I think is even better. Glad you liked it!

My only issue was the slightly eye numbing orange text glow that made reaingnhispart difficult, but other than that, that was pretty awesome. For sme reason I thought there was a mangosteen the first time I glance at your axes being pressed together :P

Yeah, it's hard to figure out a working color combo for his text. I'm thinking of resorting to red and black, and just make things easier. And actually, there is! I kinda threw that in there to harken back to when I originally introduced that sword, in where I'd catch a mangosteen with the axes. I feel it went well. =P

There will be another comic some what soon, more than likely next week! After that, only 10 more comics until the end!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png