The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

This is a topic dedicated to the planning of new Text-Based Role Playing Games. Talk about new ideas, new systems, new settings, and provide constructive help and criticism to those looking for it. It's highly recommended to get feedback here before going to the Approval Topic, as the COT TBRPG community will likely help round out your game (and perhaps provide insights you may have overlooked). Please, remember to be respectful and to follow the rules of the website and of this forum.

Important Links: The COT TBRPG Rules & Guidelines---- Official COT TBRPG Request and Approval Topic----Attn: COT TBRPG Players and Hosts

Important Rules/Tips:

- When making a TBRPG, make sure it's not overly similar to one that already exists. At this time, there won't be such a thing as two Thundercats TBRPG's, or two TBRPG's that belong to the same franchise. The reason behind this is, if the two games could easily be worked into the same game (if there's a plot difference, try talking to the TBRPG owner of the existing game to see if you can have it be a sub-plot, or perhaps it could be a major story arch that continues on past the current arch) then having two separate games is unneeded.

- Use the best grammar and spelling you possibly can, this will not only help members understand your TBRPG, but it will most definitely make it appear much more professional and it'd help garner member attention.

- Don't use the "form" presented in the RPG Rules and Guidelines as a form. It's there to inform you of information you should have, not to be used as a template.

- Be respectful to those who criticize your work. If you think someone is stepping out of bounds, inform the staff through a Report.

- All games must be appropriate for a younger audience.

- Stray away from religious and political subject matter. This is because, more often than not, people will argue and create a huge fuss over these two subjects. If you want to get all religious-rant/rave or political-rant/rave go on a different (and more appropriate) website to do so.

- Understand, not all games will be successful in COT. COT RPG Judges exist to make sure TBRPG's are of the highest quality they can be, while also trying to make sure that the games will be popular when they hit. The Judges may seem strict, but the strictness is to make sure that the best roleplaying experience is provided to you, the members. (Which is largely why I highly recommend not starting your roleplaying hobby with hosting a game, get to play some first!)

- Some games may be incredibly slow, and if such a game is and if this game happens to be a franchise game, it is possible that it will be locked prematurely. The reason behind this is, if there are other members clamboring to make a Transformers TBRPG, but one exists and is getting one post every twenty days, then it may be seen as helpful to the TBRPG community to lock the dying one so the new one may be created. (Standard reviews of all TBRPG's happen once a month -- a period of 30 days -- to assess this particular issue).

- If you have problems with the Approval Process or the System, send a message to Than the Moa as he currently oversees the system. If you have problems with individual Judges, try talking to the Judge first (and DO NOT make it a public spectacle). - Write your TBRPG, remember you must collaborate with someone, that is to say all TBRPGs must have 2 hosts, but you can not submit a TBRPG created entirely by someone else. You should still follow and keep all the Guidelines in mind. Make full use of this very topic. Hosts of a TBRPG will submit their current ideas and TBRPGs in this topic where the games shall be critiqued and will receive advice from other members. Although other members are allowed to give advice and critique to the hosts, it is ultimately the hosts' responsibility for writing the TBRPG. This should be your first step if you wish to run a TBRPG.

- Remember, post your finalized TBRPG in the Approval topic, if you want to get it approved.

- Approval from all of the judges is needed to start the TBRPG. Upon approval from the judges, the TBRPG Leader will review the TBRPG to make sure it doesn't violate any BZPower rules and is of appropriate subject material for BZPower. Once your TBRPG has been approved by the Judges, you must PM the TBRPG Leader (Than: Matoran of Anger) to receive the final go ahead. Do not contact a Judge if they haven't reviewed your TBRPG immediately after it is posted; only contact them after a few days have passed without mention, and be nice about it. If you have any questions about the system, after visiting and looking over the topics listed above, feel free to contact the COT RPG Judges.

Edited by Kit
  • Upvote 1

So, those of you who remember the old forum and Concerto being I think one approval away from being good to go, after the delay, I was thinking of holding it off in case interest has waned - it's an idea I really like and want to do, so I'm afraid that if it's the first RPG to go up while the community's still recovering, it'll fall by the way because people don't know the forum's back yet. So, I'm hoping I could get some confirmation from the people who were interested before whether or not you still want to play it?

baltimore_ravens.png

Concerto and Infinite Line. Both must happen

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

I hope so. I've been really developing the Syrrinx over The Break.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Eh, any interest in a Mech RP still?

Like I said before, my interest in a Mech RPG would depend on the style of Mechs; If they were Gundams or other Japanese styled Mechs, then probably no. I'd definitely prefer Battletech styled Mechs. Heck, I'd love a Battletech RPG.

-Rover

I'm very interested, like I said, there was one before I thought had a lot of potential, but it wasn't very popular. Schedule permitting, I'd be in. And if everyone'e still interested in Concerto, I think it had all the approval it needed, outside of Than's stamp before?
baltimore_ravens.png

You know, pretty much since I joined the CoT TBRPG bandwagon, I've wanted to do an Alagaesia RPG. There was one ages back (the first RPG I ever joined), and I loved it, but it really wasn't executed properly. Anyway, I always told myself I'd wait until the Inheritance Cycle was completed before I started designing one, and with Inheritance coming out next month, I'm contemplating starting work on it. (Assuming I can actually handle one, as I've proven on numerous occasions not to be able to post regularly/balance multiple RPGs.) Before I go and waste my time, I was wondering how much of a draw an Alagaesia RPG would have. It'd be set back during the height of the Dragon Rider's power, and would cover such plotlines as the Ra'zac War. ~Lord Rahl~

So, those of you who remember the old forum and Concerto being I think one approval away from being good to go, after the delay, I was thinking of holding it off in case interest has waned - it's an idea I really like and want to do, so I'm afraid that if it's the first RPG to go up while the community's still recovering, it'll fall by the way because people don't know the forum's back yet. So, I'm hoping I could get some confirmation from the people who were interested before whether or not you still want to play it?

Well, I still want to play Concerto, it seems like there's going to be a lot of RPGs for me to play. I'm still working on my other RPG, but I'm keeping it under wraps until I pound every little detail I can with my my two Co-GMs. So much to do. :dazed:

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Good to see the community back up! I'm definitely interested in Concerto. Anything strategy-based as well (Infinite Line, for example, or whatever replaces it). I think and Alagaesia RPG would be fun.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

I'd really prefer to see another Space strategy game. ANYWAY, given my current involvement in such things, would anyone be interested in a Renaissance Era Fantasy RPG?

-Rover

Renaissance? That would be interesting.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

A well written Mech Rpg could have a lot of potential, I'd be up for it.

I'd really prefer to see another Space strategy game. ANYWAY, given my current involvement in such things, would anyone be interested in a Renaissance Era Fantasy RPG?

Most certainly! Are you thinking of historical Europe, or creating a new 'world'? I'm still very excited about Infinite Line; I've overhauled my species over the downtime, so I'm set. Edit: Also thinking about joining Vak's new Halo Rpg... So many choices... Edited by Vorox Chief

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

Well, basically, black powder weapons, renaissance ideals, sciences developing, more free-thinking peoples than during the Middle Ages, cities being the center of civilization rather than a lord's castle, a middle class, all that sort of thing that set the renaissance apart. It would be actual Europe, and the Fantasy elements would draw from real-world mythology.

-Rover

Spacelands:Dark TimesThe year is 300 A.S. in Human Times(Short for "300 Years After Space Travel"). In Universal Space Time, it is 10 A.G.W(10 Years after the Great War). Times are hard, and skirmishes and wars are widespread throughout the universe. Much of the galaxy is shaken after the Great War. The Great War was a six-way war with U.N.C.S.B, the Imperial Shadows(Called the Imperial Separatists during the war), the Draconian Alliance, The Union, the Order of Flantas, and an Unnamed Human Group. Each had their own motives, but nobody "won," and all lost something. The years after this war are called "Dark Times" due to a worsening economy, technological halt, exploration failure, and several dying planets. The United Coalition of Sapient Beings is now much smaller than it was Pre-Great War, and their territory has been minimized greatly. The Imperial Shadows have now taken over more of the Milky Way Galaxy than previously. Under their rule, many, many things have been banned or put under strict rule. This has led to tensions and fear in this new order, though many have adapted now.Factions:Rules of the Imperial Shadows:-There is no trading, unless with Imperial Authorities.-There cannot be any use of elemental powers(Known as Võimkasus) unless working with the Imperial Force. Any use of these powers, and the user shall be taken in by the Imperial Shadows.-There shall be no creation of new technology, unless given to the Imperial Forces first.-All forms of free speech are allowed, unless violent, such as riots.-All guns and weapons in Imperial space shall be registered and regulated.-Spaceships shall only go on approved space routes unless you are given permission otherwise-You must have a barcode stamped onto you for use of scanning to enter spaceports and planets-All citizens must wear full body suits unless in their house on their homeworld. This is for your own safety, since all atmospheres are different.-FTL Drives must be registered with the Imperial Space Travel Agency before use. All Wormhole gates are constantly regulated by our officers and can be used for free.-All local laws on each planet or city must be regulation and agreement with these lawsSuch is the laws of the Imperial Shadows.The United Coalition of Sapient Beings(Typically called U.N.C.S.B, or "Coalition") is much less strict, and planets have much control. However, every planet must have two representatives in their Republic(One male and female, if hermaphroditic, asexual, or having more than two genders, species may pick at will) and each species must have five to represent their species as a whole.The Planets, as already stated, have much control in the U.N.C.S.B. However, the Republic still has the most control over everything if any conflict arises. This makes sure all wars are settled swiftly and quicklyThe Draconian Alliance is an Alliance of species from the Draconic Galaxy, a galaxy adjacent to the Milky Way. During the War, they had to protect their land from the factions that had tried to colonize it. They lost many great people, but kept their galaxy under anarchy and peace. Their is no leader, but the group has several important members that helped save the Galaxy from colonization and direct war.The Union is a huge collection of intergalactic workers unions that maintain spaceports and trading routes. They even regulate the Imperial Shadows trading, but remain hidden from the authorities. They have became so large, almost everybody has heard of them. All of their space has no rules, and thus, wanted criminals, traders, and pirates. They have no "true" army, but instead, send Privateers, Raiders, and Mercenaries to fight for them.The Order of Flantas is a religious group that believes having a pilgrimage to the center of the galaxy is the ultimate good. They have been wandering hundreds of years and are not afraid of robbing and attacking non-followers for their needs. They are considered quite a crazy religious group. They were not directly involved in the war, but instead, prevented the other groups from advancing.The United Space Nations is what the majority of the humans join when they discovered Space Travel. Instead of joining the Coaltion, humans made took over what they wanted and made up their own rules. They went to war with the Profeliators as their first act in Space, due to the Profeliators finding them to be a mockery to Galactic Society and dishonorable.More factions can be added as they are made in game, or made up by you. If wanting a new faction, PM Me.Võimkasus:Võimkasus are, simply to put it, elemental users. Not all species are Võimkasus naturally, but can be exposed to certain elements to gain powers(However, this use only gives you the powers of Dark Energy or Radiation). Some species naturally have the powers to control elements, due to them being made out of the said element or their body can produce it(Example: Plasma or Crystal based species). The following are a list of elements you can choose, but PM me first to say you will be a Võimkasu(Also, Darkness will NEVER be allowed because Darkness is just the absence of light, and thus, not a element nor power).Primary ElementsEarthWaterFireAirSecondary ElementsIceElectricitySonicsPlant LifePlasmaPsionicsAcid/PoisonTertiary ElementsGravityMagnestismLightDark Energy(Think Biotics from ME)SandKinetics("Energy")IronMinor ElementsThese elements may just be too weak, or are a combination or subset of some elementSmokeLavaMoonSunCrystalStone/RockThunderImportant People:Nîflkkøjær: The Leader of the Nirø-Vikax, he was a major member in the Great War, since his species lives in the Draconian Galaxy, he had to defend it from any intruders.Archres: A former member of the Draconian Alliance, he was left for the dead and then joined the Bachrasians. He was part of the Oligarchy of Imperial Shadows, until he was killed by Omega Squad that Nîflkkøjær assembled to kill him.Sioul: The suppose leader of the Imperial Shadows, Sioul is a a humanoid figure cloaked in black and has piercing red eyes. He was nearly killed on Aliquam Omega, but escaped and now rules about half of the Milky Way Galaxy.The Holy One: A Genderless alien that seems to lack all features but eyes, and has glowing white skin and gold eyes, he wears religious armor and robes. He is the Leader of the Order of Flantas. His true name is unknown to many.Due to the Union being an Anarchy and all members being anonymous to the Republlic, and The United Space Nations having no leader, there is no "Important people" as of now in those factions.Species:This list will be made if anyone is interested in this RPG.RPG Rules:These are the rules you must follow for this RPG, in addition to BZP Rules.-Be respectful of follow RPGers-Do not god-moderator, as in, no invicibility, no inescaple traps, no killing off important characters, etc.-If you need to use any of the "Important People," PM me.-Do not kill off anybody else's NPCs or Player Characters without their permission.-If you want to add a new species or faction, PM me.-No using species or factions from any other popular media. If you feel the need to, PM me, and I may work something out.-No extreme violence or torture, because no person would honestly do that In real life as it is a waste of time.-If you want to start some war or something important, again, PM me.-You may only have 10 created characters to play as, but you can have infinitve Non-Player Characters(NPCs).-Have fun, no anger.Player Characters:This list will be updated when people make characters and submit them.Character Creation Sheet:This is the sheet used for character creation. You can create characters that are not directly controlled by you.Name:Species:Gender:Faction Affiliation(s):Alignment:Weapon(s):Appearance:Allie(s):Enemie(s):NPC?(Y/N):Personality:Bio:What is "Alignment"?Now, I'm sure the rest of the form is self-explantory, but Alignment probably isn't. Alignment is what describes your Ethics and Morality of the character, if they even possess either of those. I will be using a Modified D&D Alignment for this. As such, the scale goes "Good" to "Evil" for Morality and "Lawful" to "Chaotic" for Ethics.Morality: Morality is how Good or Evil a person is. While Good and Evil are not black and white concepts, we're going to assume Good and Evil as the traditional types, and I can guess what all of you know what that is. Here is the scale.GoodGood/NeutralNeutralEvil/NeutralEvilThe two new ones, represent "Neutral with tendency towards Good" and "Neutral with tendency towards Evil" I could not find anything to describe the two, so if you have any two words to represent those two, please, PM me.Ethics: Ethics is how you handle situations. If you follow the law or not, if you do it the way you want to, etc.JudicialLawfulNeutralMischievousChaoticTo create your alignment you take your Ethics and put it infront of your Morals. Examples would be "Mischievous Good," "Chaotic Evil," "Judicial Neutral," "True Neutral," "Neutral Good," etc......And that's my idea. Anybody interested in playing this?Edit: Centering tool centered everything....wut. Edited by Niflheim

I would advise that you take out the unions and religious fanatics, as that is dangerous territory for a flame war. Also, I don't get it, in what way is the Empire particularly tyrranical? And I would suggest finding a word other than mischievous. I don't think that fits the slot on your ethics section.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

That... is an interesting idea. Forgive me if this was in there somewhere, but what the heck are we doing in this RPG? Flying in space ships? Doing land skirmishes? Fighting repressive empires? What is the goal and landscape?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'll read through it later, but if it's what I think it is, I like it. That said, I'd recommend putting a one-paragraph synopsis somewhere; it makes it seem more inviting, and makes it easy to jump details that are helpful, but not essential. And since there's still interest, as soon as I get it together, I'll be reposting Concerto. :D

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

Necro, what exactly is Concerto? I definitely missed out on whatever it was to be, and it sounds interesting!

Music-based combat/magic adventure/sandbox/tournament in a mildly dystopian caricature of the real world. There's a lot more than that, but that sums it up in a sentence. :P
baltimore_ravens.png

Again, it is not perfect. The Ethics and morality needs to be tweaked. I feel normal D&D system is not enough, but I cannot find any words to describe the intermediacies.As for the Union and Religious: Don't see how it can start a flame war. Perhaps Religious, but they are crazies, and do not represent religion as a whole. They are more of a cult than anything. As for union....I'm not sure. They control the trade routes and the economy indirectly. Not seeing how that's bad. However, they will be modified or taken out completely if the judges say such.There is no one gold and true "goal." I could say, that the one true goal, is infact, to just allow their faction to take over or stay at peace. All the factions are at rebuilding stages, but all still want to complete their goals. The Coalition wants to take back the galaxy, The Imperials want to take over the galaxy and put it under regulation and order(Because of this, many find them tyrannical, but in the end, are not evil). The Union just wants a good economy, and control trading so nothing gets out of hand and messes up the stocks and such. The Draconian Alliance is just keeping to themselves, and the Order of Flantas want to get to the center of the galaxy without anybody stopping them. The United Space Nations is humans just trying to settle into the galactic scene, which is very challenging after this war. Also, may I note that The Coalition and Imperial Shadows are having a Ghost War, sending out people and armies to sabotage each other from rebuilding their territory. The U.S.N. is just trying to advance technology, and some of humans even want to join The Coalition. I should probably add these goals, a Synopsis, and a list of my species I made up later.

Would anyone have interest in a Highlander based RPG? I wrote a basic one over the break.

-Rover

JC, i think fallout would have a pretty good TBRPG reception. Personally for myself, though i find the games okay, it's not something i want to play as a TBRPG. The world in so many ways seems way too big, and the beauty of TBRPGs shines when you actually feel like your actions are having an effect. I think it would be hard to do with a Fallout RPG unless it was executed correctly. Also, Highlander RPG = There can be only one.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

i'd obviously try and focus it down a lot- i could be boring and set it entirely in the mojave or in DC, which is where i feel the community would be most familiar with, since the last two games were received so well. new vegas in itself is almost already set up to be sandboxed and roleplayed in.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Honestly, a Fallout RPG would be great if executed properly ^_^ I personally probably wouldn't join in, because while I love the Fallout Universe, I'm doing a N.V. playthrough right now and if I spend too much time in one universe things go crazy :P That's not to say I wouldn't, but I don't see myself having plans to. Though personally, I'd recommend using a new or lesser known area. Allows the players to somewhat discover/create the entire map in which you all would participate, and build on a new story. Some locations could include central U.S. (think Kansas, or in the general area), northeast U.S. (farther north than D.C. such as NYC), or perhaps even a story based in China, who was also nuked in a similar fashion to the U.S. The latter would be very interesting.

ugh tell me about it i have 70 hours logged in new vegas so far + havent started the second arc of the main quest that's a good point. but i gotta say that starting over in china wouldn't feel very fallout, as logically, groups like the NCR or BoS wouldn't be there, and without the big names, it's just another apocalypse.

Edited by ~JC~

Oh, I think with a bit of creativity you could include more than you think of the factions ;) Here's a few examples off the top of my head:-Say part of the Enclave that retreated from the Oil Rig used Vertibirds that managed to transport them to China, which obviously would have been heavily referenced in Pre-War books.-The BoS also manages to obtain some Vertibirds, and happened to hear rumors of the Enclave and of potential loot in the foreign lands, so they send a group over as well.-The NCR, as it continues to extend it's mighty reach, actually manages to build one of the first sea-worthy boats in Post-Apocalypse history, and they send a colony with military influence over. I'm not saying it has to be China, but that would be an interesting twist. Plus, tons of potential for new groups like Red Ghouls, etc. :P

Here we are!Born to be KingsWe're the Princes of The UniverseHere we belongFighting to survivein a war with the darkest power! From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now. So, you got stabbed in the gut, had your spine torn out, you arm shot off, or something similar? Still alive? Yeah, that's normal around here. Simply enough, you can't die. You're an immortal. Let me explain a few things, though... Table of Contents 1: Gameplay2: Immortals3: The Quickening4: The Gathering5: Profiles and Character Advice6: Rules7: Gameplay Example8: Well known Immortals9: Notes I: Gameplay Now, since you're reading this, you're probably fairly familiar with Text Based Roleplaying Games(TBRPGs). If not, ask around, someone will be happy to explain them to you. For a quick summary, TBRPGs are where you roleplay as a character, and describe as a narrative what's happening to said character. Normally, a Text Based RPG has one critical rule; you may not kill other people's characters without their permission. Princes Of The Universe does not have this rule. In fact, killing other characters is the entire point of the game. The game is based on being reasonable and fair. Combat systems simply don't work in TBRPGs, so we have to play fair. II: Immortals Perhaps you're familiar with the Highlander franchise. If you are, you should recognize that this RPG is basically set in the same world. For those who haven't seen that most wonderful of films, read on. The Immortals are a peculiar breed of people; for whatever reason, they cannot die. The only answer as to why that is? It's A Kind Of Magic. There is one exception, though; only way to end an Immortal's existence is by separating their head from their body. Decapitation, for some reason, kills where nothing else will. Any wounds not to the neck will instantly heal; immortals can survive underwater and without air for as long as they like. Immortals will never succumb to disease, weakness of the flesh, or any method of death save decapitation. Immortals can pass for humans, besides this. They look identical and have no distinguishing marks. Oddly, an Immortal ages normally throughout their life until they first experience death; at that point, they stop aging, permanently, so many Immortals eternally look to be in their twenties, some are quite old, and a very few are stuck as children for all eternity. No one quite knows what causes Immortality, but it happens to about one in ten million people. Counting together all the Immortals throughout history and subtracting those who die, this means there are about seven thousand immortals in the world. Because of the inherent connection between decapitation and Immortals, an Immortal will usually become a master of the sword, ax, or some other bladed weapon, as they may have lived before guns were invented, and, should another Immortal attempt to kill them, the Immortal ought to be able to kill them back. Wounds to the neck will not heal like normal wounds on an Immortal, but like a normal human's. For those intimately familiar with the Highlander Franchise: Only the first film counts, and none of the characters, just the setting. Also, events have been shifted about thirty years to keep it modern. III: The Quickening Soon after discovering he is an Immortal, the new demigod will be struck by lightning. Always. This is the beginning of something called The Quickening. The Quickening is a magic unique to Immortals; it is what lends them their immortality, and grants them strength, speed, and power beyond what a human is capable of. When one Immortal kills another, the dead Immortal's Quickening is violently released into the world, generally causing nearby things to explode in flashes of lightning, flames, and rotoscoped dragons; blowing out windows and lightbulbs. Part of this released energy, however, will strike the Immortal who took the head of the now deceased opponent; this Immortal will gain the speed, strength, and power of the Immortal they killed. In addition, the Quickening provides immortals with an odd sort of telepathy; they will always know if another Immortal comes near them. It is impossible for Immortals to sneak up on each other, and thus Immortals will usually issue formal challenges of some sort. Finally, the Quickening prevents Immortals from killing one another on Holy Ground of any sort. They simply cannot fight each other on anything declared holy by any religion. To represent this in game terms, all players start at a quickening level of 1, simply from being Immortal. Every time you kill another Immortal, you gain another level of Quickening, and for each level of Quickening you have, you get stronger and more powerful, according to the chart below. These levels give a slight edge in combat, but truth be told, it's really more the skill of the person writing the character that matters, rather than the raw power of the character. Levels of Quickening 1-4: For the first few kills, an Immortal is only slightly more powerful than the average human; slightly stronger, slightly faster, yet fully immortal but for their neck.5-7: Here, an Immortal has proven his worth among the Timeless Warriors, and is roughly twice as fast as your average human, and equally strong.7-10: The most well known Immortals generally fall into this level of power, they are a good five times stronger and faster than any human, and are known throughout the Immortals, and rightly feared. However, they are mostly sporting creatures, and many won't kill lesser Immortals. At this point, immortals tend to edge on Meglomania, their immortality cutting into their egos deeply.10+: These Immortals tend to inspire tales of godhood, and were responsible for many Greco-Roman myths of their deities. They are rarely found, and many have gone mad with age and boredom. IV: The Gathering There Can Be Only One! The Gathering is an event predicted in all of history; Ragnarok, when the Gods would have their most magnificent battle. Armageddon, where God and The Devil will have their final war. The End of The Mayan Calender. It's nothing quite so dramatic; in the year 2012, Immortals have a grand, disorganized series of duels, where all must participate to take each other's heads and Quickening, until only one is left. The last Immortal standing gets The Prize. What the Prize is, no one knows, but the Immortals have no say in whether they fight, they simply must. All Immortals will feel an irresistible pull towards a single place; where the tournament of all time can begin; This place is New York City. This does not mean, however, that the Immortals need to always fight the first Immortal they see; indeed, many Immortals have banded into pairs or trios to better their chances of survival. V: Profile and Character Advice Profile: Fill this out to join. Name: Make it something interesting, to reflect either your character's assumed identity, or his original one.Gender: Male or Female?Apparent Age: How old the character looksReal Age: How old the character actually is. Must be less than a thousand years old.Appearance: Either a detailed description or a picture.Quickening Level: Start at 1Weapon of Choice: Ideally something bladed.Backstory: Where and when was your character born? How have the centuries affected him? Give us some exposition on him. Be detailed!Personality: How your character acts and thinks. Try to make it fit with the backstory. Again, be detailed. Character Advice: The first thing to do about your character is to pick a nationality and a time period. It has to be some time after 1013 AD. Second, think about how seeing so much change since their birth has affected the character. An upper glass Gentleman from Victorian England would be able to cope with the changes rather easily, but how would a farmer from Inquisitional Spain explain the myriad things around him? Think about things before you write the character. VI: Rules 1: Listen to the staff2: All Forum rules apply3: Be reasonable; just because something is a steel sword doesn't make it indestructible; a rapier will snap with a good blow from a hand and a half sword. Also, don't pick a sword designed for stabbing when the point of the fight is decapitation.4: No sneaking up on people or violating Holy Ground.5: Don't get too emotionally attached to your character. Remember, There Can Be Only One, and odds are that won't be you.6: Have fun. This is just a game. VII: Gameplay Example Here's a simple example of how gameplay ought to go in this game.

IC: Steve was stepping down the street, with the brim of his hat pulled way down low. He knew someone was nearby, and not just a human; another immortal. It wasn't hard to tell. But he didn't care. If they fought, then he'd win. He always won. IC: Jane's trenchcoat blew about her, wind whipping off the river and animating her coat like a marionette. She waited for a moment, to let him reach a good distance, before drawing the heavy, two handed sword slung across her back. The German broadsword was almost as long as she was; ideal for headtaking. She stepped into the middle of the street, her sword at her side; generally she preferred the direct, cinematic method of issuing a challenge. IC: Steve smiled. “Good to see you again, Jane.” Without warning, he lunged at Jane, his Katana swinging toward Jane's neck.

Now, obviously Jane's player doesn't want to give her up without a fight VIII:Well Known Immortals Certain Immortals become well known deliberately, using talents they've accumulated over the centuries to enjoy vain, wondrous lives as celebrities. Others are significant only for the sake of this RPG. (This is where both NPC and Player profiles will be stored) Name: Freddie MercuryGender: MaleApparent Age: 45Real Age: 56Appearance: This.Quickening Level: 3Weapon of Choice: Medieval English styled Hand and A Half SwordBackstory: http://en.wikipedia....Freddie_Mercury] Described Here[/url] Mercury only actually discovered his Immortality when he appeared to die of bronchopneumonia in 1991. Rather than return to public life, which would raise too many questions, Mercury said goodbye to his family and friends and began living a recluse's life, during which he was tutored about Immortality by another Immortal.Personality: Despite the flamboyant stage persona he cultivated, Mercury is actually a quite shy and reserved person; rather bad at making new friends but excellent at keeping them, he is a steadfast and loyal person. Mercury finds killing distasteful in the extreme, but has accepted it as a necessary part of existence as an Immortal. Name: Marissa BrighteyesGender: FemaleApparent Age: 22Real Age: 157Appearance: Black hair, pale skin, blue eyes. Slim, athletic frame, and a heart shaped facial structure,Quickening Level: 1Weapon of Choice: NaginataBackstory: Of English descent, Marissa was born to British parents in Japan in 1855. She was to be married to a young and loyal Samurai, Meiji Takomori, until he was caught up in the Satsuma rebellion, and killed. Acting in the traditional role of a Samurai's wife; defending the home, by force if necessary. Marissa was eager to fit in with her new nationality. Marissa would have been killed as well as her husband, and should have bled to death from shrapnel wounds. She spent about two years learning to get on with her life before another Immortal found her and trained her in the ways of the Immortal. Since then, she has traveled from place to place, doing whatever struck her fancy. She worked as a spy in the second world war, but didn't have a very significant impact. Marissa has explored much of the world, as many Immortals do once they realize they have limitless time on their hands.Personality: Marissa is quick to make friends, quick to fall in love, and just as quick to anger. She has no qualms about the killing that will ensue during The Gathering, and is intent on winning The Prize, whatever it may be. Name: Fridtjof NansenGender: MaleApparent Age: Late fiftiesReal Age: 141Appearance: HereQuickening Level: 3Weapon of Choice: A Viking Broadsword made of Hyrkanian SteelBackstory: HerePersonality: See above

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert

-Rover

Oh, I think with a bit of creativity you could include more than you think of the factions ;) Here's a few examples off the top of my head:-Say part of the Enclave that retreated from the Oil Rig used Vertibirds that managed to transport them to China, which obviously would have been heavily referenced in Pre-War books.-The BoS also manages to obtain some Vertibirds, and happened to hear rumors of the Enclave and of potential loot in the foreign lands, so they send a group over as well.-The NCR, as it continues to extend it's mighty reach, actually manages to build one of the first sea-worthy boats in Post-Apocalypse history, and they send a colony with military influence over. I'm not saying it has to be China, but that would be an interesting twist. Plus, tons of potential for new groups like Red Ghouls, etc. :P

leaving north america is a bit much unless the year is like, 2577. i can see what your saying though. and those examples all sound mighty convenient :P