The first comic topic in the new forum. #4 on the original active topic tier list. Read the original archive topic for 54 pages of history. Now, we start anew.

---------

The International Comic Continuity

logothesequel.png

Presents the first comic series to ever fly under it's banner:

LLL_Poster_and_Banner_by_Kahinuva.png

Welcome to (3L)2, more commonly referred to as "Live, Learn and Lawsuits". This is was my first attempt at a comic series and still remains my flagship title to this day. It's considered the birthplace of the International Comic Continuity, and, as such, is also a part of it.

-------

"...Honestly, your comics are awesome..." --Nuparurocks

---

"...The name alone tells you this has to be a good series...""...I love all the pop culture references and the shiny graphics...""...There's a good mix of zaniness with the occasional bit of drama for good measure..." --lavaside rahi

---

"...You are a superb comic maker. More so then most others. Such as myself..." --Gavla---"...I read the first instalment, and I was all "Darn, these are good".""Then I read the others, and I was all "DARN, these are good.""So yeah. These are excellent, considering you only really just got started..." --Turaga Dlakii

---

"...These comics are absolutely fantastic. Even the first comic (which is usually bad for most new comic series) was hilarious. The effects are spectacular, the humor excellent and the characters enjoyable..." --Fighty

---

"...I rarely even like Chimoru usage and promote RZ, but your use of them are awesome..." --Mr. Maniac

---

"...These comics are spectacularly brilliant..." --Khols---"...But anyway, like just about everyone has said, these are awesome.""The Couch Potato Entity, the catchy name, and almost everything else..." --Kaytal the Levahk King

---

"...I CAN see why these comics became popular that fast..." --Chosen One of Bionicle

----------

Comics:

Season Three: Revived

Comic 51: Please Leave a Message After the Gunshot

Comic 52: The "S" Stands for "Sitter"

Comic 53: You've Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven't You?

Season Two: (3L)2

Comic 30: There and Back Again (Philbert's Birthday 2010)Comic 31: The Protodermis Chefs

Comic 32: The Subplot Thickens

Comic 33: This Game's Afoot

Comic 34: Deck the Halls With a Dead Body (Christmas 2010)

Comic 35: The Stage is Set

Comic 36: This Brick Birthday Cake (Jin's Birthday 2010)

Comic 37: Breaking the Saga Trend

Comic 38: Still Alive, Barely

Comic 39: Needing Great Competence

Comic 40: Everything's Not Blue and Red

Comic 41: Join the Darcsyde; We Have Zamors

Comic 42: The Walk-In Closet

Comic 43: ICCGarda Has Poor Taste

Comic 44: Return To Despondency

Comic 45: Serious Buisness

Comic 46: Invasion of the Three Virgins Virtues

Comic 47: Familiar Faces

Comic 48: Patched for Translation

Comic 49: 'Tis the Season for Investment (Christmas 2011)

Season One: Genesis

Comic 01: Gensis of a Comic Maker

Comic 02: Shoopernova

Comic 02.5: To PGS or not to PGS

Comic 03: A Fantastic Fourth (July 4th)

Alternative Saga:

Comic 04: No Turning Back

Comic 05: Through the Mirror

Comic 06: AUTHUR PWERZ!1!!!

Comic 07: Creative Liberties (GSing Meraceire)

Comic 07.5: Marble Run

Comic 08: The Life and Times of Kopeke

Comic 09: Live on the Duel Part 1

Comic 10: Live on the Duel Part 2

Comic 11: A Wrong Turn

Comic 12: Room with an Interview

Comic 13: We've Got Gas (GSing Shaydak Imp for toaster1)

Comic 14: Return of Ravorhk (GSing Mahar: Toa of Mangosteen)

Comic 15: The Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Guest Stars (GSing Kanoke of Roxna Nui)

Comic 16: Sane Again

Comic 17: The Horror...

Comic 18: dark709 hatur!1!!

Comic 19: The Coming of...Vortinus

Comic 20: Refreshments, Anyone?

Comic 21: The Revelation...

Comic 22: A Narrow Escape

Comic 23: This isn't Kansas...

Comic 24: Call of Duty

Comic 25: America's Education has Gone Down the Tubes

Comic 26: The Doppelganger

Comic 27: Reality Gets Bitten

Comic 28: Bonus(less) (Christmas Day Comic 2009)

Mid Season:

Comic 29: The Revalation (Gavla's Birthday)

Fan Comics:

"I'm Going to Sue You!!!" by Vahi: Matoran of Doom

GS Celebration by Meraceire

Who's this "Tarton"? by The Azure Knight

---------

Guest Stars

Rules:The rules for Guest Starring are in here: The Comic Maker Bill of Rights. Remember, by applying for a PGS or GS Spot you are saying that you read all of that and are agreed to it's terms.

GSes:

1. The Azure Knight

2. Nuzar of Vornazar Nui (5x)

3. Philipnova798

PGSes:

Permanent Guest Stars: The PGS List is now CLOSED.

1. Tekanova

2. Vahi: Matoran of Doom

3. Philbert Flakes

4. Ozuan

5. Nuparurocks

6. BladeTitan974

7. Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

8. Ziko

9. iPenguin

10. Tavakai

11. Gerlicky

12. Hyresa (toaster1)

13. Colea

14. Gatotak

15. Turaga Dlakii

16. Maphrox

17. Shadow Ebba

Credits:

Dark709: Creator of Chimoru Omega and the Chimoru Expressions

Gerlicky: Creator of Six Shade Chimoru

King Levahk/Kaytal the Levahk King: Creator of the Six Shade Mega Kit, Crown

Xanis: Creator of Xaniskit

Turaga Takanuva/Tekanova: Front and side view of Calix

Ozuan: Original Beta Reader

Philbert Flakes: Resizing the second comic

Nuparurocks: Providing me with the font

Tee/Lefthanded Moth: Providing some Photoshop brushes

Voltage Tampering Piraka/Vezzy Rattlehead: Providing some Photoshop brushes

VakamaTK/Tavakai: Letting me use Brottoo for a comic cameo

The Tropical Fruit/Ziko: Backgrounds of Alternative Saga

Nuzar of Vornazar Nui: Hammer and Cowman sheet

iPenguin/iMoo: Helping with the French in Comic 3, backgrounds for Alternative Saga

Makuta Gigadon: Mata Nui kit (used for Vortinus)

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen, Forgery (Shop): Troopers

Gavla: Santa sheet

And there's also...Awards

new_award.gifBy Haku340

award1.gifBy Tapika of Shadows/toaster1

kahi_award.pngBy Tekanova/Turaga Takanuva

Banners:

Made by Philbert Flakes:

lllbanner.png

[img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/philbert/Comics/lllbanner.png]

lllbanner53763.jpg

[img=http://iaza.com/work/091122C/lllbanner53763.jpg]

Made by Kahinuva:

lll_banner.png

[img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kahinuva/BIONICLE/Comics/Customs/lll_banner.png]

And that's about it. Comments, criticism, and etc. all appreciated.

Edited by Kahi

I have re-read some of your series, and I am very impressed by your skill. Though I wonder, what will you do about PGS'es, now that most of them probably will not see this topic for some time (or at all)?

Thanks, man. As of right now, I'm probably going to remove more of the PGSes if they do not return; this excludes any ICC members, however. Give it another comic or two and, if you haven't posted, well, sorry then.

Dude! I feel terrible that I didn't read these. No don't they're pretty awesome. Now...lets figure out how to continue the conversations from April 26th. :P

Thanks. I remember you from the old forums. Here's to hoping I actually get to restoring this topic to its original glory. =P I've got a new comic that I've been saving for this time coming up; stay tuned for it.

I was that lousy guy that wouldn't stay committed with that series called, Tilted. I'm working on re-doing it. I just need to find a better working computer. My laptop's croaked pretty much. Looking forward to that new comic! I'm just glad that I'll finally be able to keep up with the posts from now on.

I was that lousy guy that wouldn't stay committed with that series called, Tilted. I'm working on re-doing it. I just need to find a better working computer. My laptop's croaked pretty much. Looking forward to that new comic! I'm just glad that I'll finally be able to keep up with the posts from now on.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. That was a great series; I'll look forward to you reposting it. Anyhow, I've updated the topic with all of the newer comics. I've also started using a new layout/style for the series altogether. This forum comeback will probably herald a new change in LLL, or so I think. Also, new comic.

"A Blue and Red Tie? Seriously?" "Look, these present ideas are hard to come up with, man..." That made me crack up. Nice comics. I really enjoy them. Haven't read these in a while, and I'm really impressed with them. You've improved a lot. Keep up the good work! :) -Rez

"A Blue and Red Tie? Seriously?" "Look, these present ideas are hard to come up with, man..." That made me crack up. Nice comics. I really enjoy them. Haven't read these in a while, and I'm really impressed with them. You've improved a lot. Keep up the good work! :) -Rez

Anybody, who leaves this topic and says, "Those weren't great." should be shot down or sued....preferably shot. Its messy, but its faster. :P

Thanks. I'm having a hard time figuring out what the new layout is. Is it the new back grounds? or closer appearance? pwease es-sprain.

Its a combination of the new backgrounds, larger panels, biggest spritesheets and the new logo. While I technically had the previous three since the Christmas comic, the lack of newer comics meant that the updates came in gradually. With the new logo officially in place last comic, this one marks the new step from the original look seen in the original comics.

Thanks, I've been trying to work harder on the graphics, specifically the backgrounds. Some of them still look kind of bad, however; I'll have to continue to make edits sometime along the line. I'm working on a new comic now and may release something I've been working on over the downtime later tomorrow. Again, just stay tuned and watch.

Anybody, who leaves this topic and says, "Those weren't great." should be shot down or sued....preferably shot. Its messy, but its faster. :P
Possibly burned with a 4th degree burn. :P

Thanks, I've been trying to work harder on the graphics, specifically the backgrounds. Some of them still look kind of bad, however; I'll have to continue to make edits sometime along the line. I'm working on a new comic now and may release something I've been working on over the downtime later tomorrow. Again, just stay tuned and watch.

I hope someday my Graphics will be as good as yours. Could you tell me how to do some of the stuff you did in your backgrounds? -Rez Edited by .:Reznas:.

Possibly burned with a 4th degree burn. :P I hope someday my Graphics will be as good as yours. Could you tell me how to do some of the stuff you did in your backgrounds? -Rez
You mean, like the floor, or the walls, or the door or what?

Welcome Back Kahi! Now that BZP's back up, I can finally properly stalk comment on these comics, once you post new ones. :P *Eagerly waits for new comics* - :m_p: :m_o: :t: :u:

Nice to see you up and active, Potu.

I knew it. Actually I didn't. HAHA! But seriously, I can now see the difference. I looks fancy! I've always liked your reflective gloss on the tiled floor. It makes it more realistic and pleasing to the eye.

That took a little hard to get right; I need help from Dlakks before it finally turned out how I wanted it to. Thanks anyways, though. Comic will be up tomorrow, or maybe just a subproject of mine if it doesn't work out. At least expect a preview or something.

Anybody, who leaves this topic and says, "Those weren't great." should be shot down or sued....preferably shot.

Guess I'm getting shot then. *Straps on bulletproof vest* Anyway, I've read most of these comics and... I still really don't see what makes them so great. I just don't. Maybe it's just the excessive Photoshopping combined with sixshaded Chimoru causing an illusion that makes the reader think that better graphics make a better comic series. Well, I ain't fallin' for that one. You may go on about the magic tricks, but I see the guy in the bunny suit in the background.

Anybody, who leaves this topic and says, "Those weren't great." should be shot down or sued....preferably shot.

Guess I'm getting shot then. *Straps on bulletproof vest* Anyway, I've read most of these comics and... I still really don't see what makes them so great. I just don't. Maybe it's just the excessive Photoshopping combined with sixshaded Chimoru causing an illusion that makes the reader think that better graphics make a better comic series. Well, I ain't fallin' for that one. You may go on about the magic tricks, but I see the guy in the bunny suit in the background.
Oh, Gerlicky, you'll always be my number one hater. =P Well, okay, number two. That first one was rather treacherous, very treacherous indeed. Anyhow, I'm awake and working on the new comic as usual. My college schedule usually prevents me from doing so, but I do get Fridays completely off, so I'll be able to work then. After that, then I suppose I'll work a bit on TNOG and get that topic up and running in a little while. If anyone's noticed, though, there is quite a large difference in between the actual comic number and the number of my actual comics hosted on Brickshelf. No real reason except that I had about two unfinished comics that I never released, and those bumped up my original number count. I'll have to either delete those and rename them or just make two comics without a number to their name.

However, I would not have the government shoot you down, because you have your own awesome opinion. Plus, I like your comics equally as LLL, whether the graphics aren't AS great or not. :P

Possibly burned with a 4th degree burn. :P I hope someday my Graphics will be as good as yours. Could you tell me how to do some of the stuff you did in your backgrounds? -Rez
Could you give me a list of backgounds you use? And just everything in general. Cause all your backgrounds are much better than mine. :P Anyways, I really liked the new comic. It was pretty funny. Especially the part with the scanning and stuff. I can't wait for more comics! -Rez

Remember when I said that the links for the comics and their actual number in the topic don't match up? That's because I forgot to put two comics I made recently (and by recently, I mean before the forums went down) on the front page. Here's those two, in case you missed them. Oh, and the comic is practically done (literally, one panel for being done) and will be uploaded in a little while.Okay, a new comics FOR REALZ GUYS Link

Could you give me a list of backgounds you use? And just everything in general. Cause all your backgrounds are much better than mine. :P Anyways, I really liked the new comic. It was pretty funny. Especially the part with the scanning and stuff. I can't wait for more comics! -Rez
I do have a list, but I'm not sure how that would help you...

So, new comic-- I think I understood about half of it. Maybe 64%. But it'll probably become clearer as the comics go on. Also, I thought I smelled a reference to that lab I put in RWAM, but I'm not totally sure.

Yeah, all of the stuff gets pretty confusing. I wanted to try and balance between making it interesting to read and eliminating any fridge logic, but I guess I still have to work on it. And yes, that place is indeed the predecessor to the RWAM lab. Continuity is fun to work with, no?

THE RETURN OF THE CLOSET YES Ah, it's good to be back, BZP. :3

I could not resist. =P When I started to work on this mini-series, that comic arc came to mind and I just had to work it in.

Oh Darc, why is that nobody can beat you with that closet of yours. I love your composition SO much!! Words are truer and much better than graphics. BELIEVE ME!

Thank you. Graphics and words are sort of like two sides of a coin to me, personally; its not like one's better than the other, but you have to have them both work to make a comic. Of course, that's entirely debatable, as AIII has more than often seen. I'll rant about in someday on my blog. So, new comic either tomorrow or Sunday, possibly two. I'll then work on creating a buffer to work on, along with working on them at the college. Speaking of which, how does one comic a week sound to you guys? Is it too little to keep your interest?

Speaking of which, how does one comic a week sound to you guys? Is it too little to keep your interest?

Its enough for me. I follow this other guy on the internet, and he does a comic every friday. On a scale of expectations, I look forward to fridays every time. Reading your is about the same. If that makes sense...

I do have a list, but I'm not sure how that would help you...
Mainly to see what I'd like to learn. And just admire your EPIC backgrounds. :P I really need to work on mine. I don't know if you've seen my comics, but my backgrounds need a little bit of working on. Anyways, nice new comics. They are funny as always and the plot is getting interesting. I can't wait to see more! -Rez

I applaud you on the use of portals. Great to see these back, Kahi.I'll be reading as much as I can.-V-

Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Speaking of which, how does one comic a week sound to you guys? Is it too little to keep your interest?

Its enough for me. I follow this other guy on the internet, and he does a comic every friday. On a scale of expectations, I look forward to fridays every time. Reading your is about the same. If that makes sense...
Sounds good. :pirate:

Yeah, it does.

Mainly to see what I'd like to learn. And just admire your EPIC backgrounds. :P I really need to work on mine. I don't know if you've seen my comics, but my backgrounds need a little bit of working on. Anyways, nice new comics. They are funny as always and the plot is getting interesting. I can't wait to see more! -Rez

Well, I have:
  • [*]Studio Background (five times the normal panel width; I just copy part of the background for the comic[*]Laptop Room (With Mangosteen Mactop)[*]Field[*]Hotel Room[*]Various Studios (Terton, Darcsyde, etc.)[*]Airship Port[*]Fireplace[*]Desert (that's actually a pretty bad one IMO)[*]Generator Room

I'm planning on making more, but yeah.

I applaud you on the use of portals. Great to see these back, Kahi.I'll be reading as much as I can. -V-

ON WHAT GROUNDS, VENOM jk, cool to see you around.

Just thought I'd congratulate you on your success. The comics are superb and classy as they've always been.I'd wish you luck, but you probably don't need it. ;)

Nice to see you around here too, Tora. Man, its been a while, hasn't it? =P Anyhow, busy things took up most of my time today, so no comic. But I do have my new subproject up: Creator's Commentary. Basically, I take several of my comics and give them the Ennar treatment, revealing stuff as I go along. Here you go; one from my Christmas Comic. Enjoy.

Kahi, that was an amazing Creator's Commentary. I only wish I could make comics as long as yours. (also thanks for the shoutout!)

No problem, Tap.

Kahi I love you that was amazing. But dude, you care about continuity waaaaaay too much. :P

Well, when you run one, you sort of have to. =P

Also speaking of the advent calendar, we should probably start thinking of a good host for this year... *TAKE THIS* I NOMINATE YOU, KAHI GOVAKI!

Hmm...I dunno. It should probably be someone more universally...respected, I guess would be the correct term.

Well, I have:
  • [*]Studio Background (five times the normal panel width; I just copy part of the background for the comic[*]Laptop Room (With Mangosteen Mactop)[*]Field[*]Hotel Room[*]Various Studios (Terton, Darcsyde, etc.)[*]Airship Port[*]Fireplace[*]Desert (that's actually a pretty bad one IMO)[*]Generator Room

I'm planning on making more, but yeah.

Okay, could you PM me the links to the backgrounds? -Rez