One Nation Under The Great Spirit

Tenebrae Invictus

"The world must be made safe from democracy!"--Turaga Vesumis, in his declaration of war speech

Tenebrae Invictus of the Northwestern Isles Continuity Presents..

.metrucity_skyline.png

Hello all, and welcome to One Nation Under The Great Spirit. I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and start making comics once more (last actual comic series I had was in Fall 2009.)This story is set in Metrucity, which is a nation somewhat similar to Metru-Nui, just set in a different universe, with many differences (such as naming and elements of Toa, along with what kind they are.) The Executive Turaga, Turaga Vesumis, passes some laws for the people of Metrucity, and they aren't exactly favorable laws everyone wants to follow.With BZP back and all, you'll find this is a repost. But don't fear! I do have some progress made on a next comic, so I'm not just going to have this be a ghost topic. Why would I do that? There's an archive with this topic anyways. :P

Prologue

:#1: Prologue, Part 1

#2: Prologue, Part 2

#3: Prologue, Part 3

Intermission

The Electric Eye:

#4: Exposure

#5: Mayday in Nu-Metru

#6: Enter Reptor Vahki

Specials:

One Christmas Under The Great Spirit

Fillers:

(Old) Teaser

Electric Eye Poster

Fan Comics:

I suppose fan comics can be canon as long as they don't interfere with my actual story (cause plotholes)

Mocke Gives A Speech (Part One) by Makuta of Comedy. This ties in with Comic 4.

The Search For Mocke (Part Two) by Makuta of Comedy. The continuation of her first fan comic.

That Shouldn't Be Possible (Part Three) by Makuta of Comedy. A continuation of her second comic. :P

Awards:

Award from Makuta of Comedy

C&C is welcomed here.

Guest Starring And Things Of That Sort: On a minor scale, I am looking for guest stars. You are permanent, yes, but you are not going to appear very frequently, but you will play minor roles (I know that doesn't sound very comforting, but I mean it this way: You will take part in major events, but you probably won't be a prominent person) in the story. If you don't have a Rayg 2.5 sheet, you can use Cee-estee's Sprite Generator and submit your sheet to me, along with what name you want to go by in the comic and what element you are.

Credit goes to:

(edit: if someone ever notices this got updated in 2017 it was just because the code was broken. Last real update was like Aug 25 2012, lol)

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Dude!!! Did you draw that earth?! That's wicked! I love space scenes. You're is styled just the way I like it! (and now that we're actual friends, and can appreciate your stuff more :P )

Thank you. I've got a better earth coming up in Comic 5.

Still looks promising as ever, Invi.I'm really liking the graphics, and your humor is as charming as ever. :P-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Yeah I agree, looks uber promising, as usual. The story and humor is great, and the graphics are nice. You must make more comics, good sir! It was just starting to pick up. So yeah. Good job Mange. -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I still just can't get over that space scene. Though you should smooth out that jagged line there in the second-to-last panel. It shows where the space scene repeats.

Well, it's jagged because it was an oval in MSPaint that was the base for the earth.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks real promising. There were a few parts that could have progressed a bit better, like when Eljay asks that Toa to join the resistance.But I'm not going to be overcritical of a comic about children's construction toys. So great work.

Yeah, I was hoping that seeing Utah ("that Toa") in the third comic briefly would be enough to show what happened to him after Comic 2.

This looks good so far. I might keep an eye out to see how this progresses.

Thank you.

Boy do I feel a big urge to say something related to (cough)making(cough)cough-ics... :sly:

Surprise, surprise, I have resumed working on my comic.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really liking your use of lighting and backgrounds, and its good to see an actual plot-advancing NWI series after all this time. :P Though I find it quite odd how you find time enough to make these while you're eating that rice ONE GRAIN AT A TIME.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Kahi.And here's a shocker, people! I got a comic completed! The amount of content is more than two of my comics combined, so here!#5: Mayday in Nu-MetruPlease tell more people about this series, I didn't make a big comic to get barely any discussion. <_< Next week there'll be a special comic.

Aaaand I have suddenly become dark and mysterious, not that that's a bad thing.

My name was Z, Got wounded, put my mind in a Vahki and switched my name to Reptor, edited my model into a Matoran friendly one, changed my name to Reppy Tor, Got wanted in three cities, Then they said I could be anything I wanted, became a Shape-shifter named Pony Hank. I am Pipped

Shock'n'awe extraordinaire, a comic.Very good job. Your graphical style always impresses me. Seems that the plot's picking up a bit, and i enjoyed the brief (but awesome) fight with the Vahki.I look forward to your next comic, because I'm interested in seeing where the plot goes from here (as always). Can't wait for your next comic! Series is looking very promisingMesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Man, I really loved this new comic. I feel that you've improved your artistic style a lot more than from previous comics, and the plot is getting really good. I love that planet as usual, and the fight scene was really well done. Although, the panel where the Rorzahk come out seems a little too blurred, I still enjoyed the comic as a whole.Looking forward to the next one Invi!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Man, I really loved this new comic. I feel that you've improved your artistic style a lot more than from previous comics, and the plot is getting really good. I love that planet as usual, and the fight scene was really well done. Although, the panel where the Rorzahk come out seems a little too blurred, I still enjoyed the comic as a whole.Looking forward to the next one Invi!sig.png

Thank you, Eljay! And you too Meso, your commentary looks very promising too.Back to you, Eljay - I the panel with the Rorzakh seems okay to me... the shot was intended to blur out the Keerakh and focus on the guys who are really there. I don't see how it's "too" blurred.

Thank you, Eljay! And you too Meso, your commentary looks very promising too.Back to you, Eljay - I the panel with the Rorzakh seems okay to me... the shot was intended to blur out the Keerakh and focus on the guys who are really there. I don't see how it's "too" blurred.
Oh yes, I saw the intention. I've done it many a time. It just seemed the that background could have done without the mass blurring, at least to me.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, I saw the intention. I've done it many a time. It just seemed the that background could have done without the mass blurring, at least to me.sig.png
Ah, alright. I'll keep an eye out on what to blur next time. Just basing it off a tip NR gave me in the old topic.

Lol epic win new comic you have there.I really liked the Vahki squad deployment, and the fight scene.And... Oh you and your "There Will Be Brawl" reference. Great comic Invi. It's making this series look even more promising.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

I really enjoyed this comic. Your comics won't win any awards for graphical effects, but I think you out-did yourself with your use of perspectives, positioning, and placement of sprites in the Christmas comic. Really gave a unique look to it, which is why I think I loved your graphics so much.I also enjoyed the plot-line of the comic, and Eljay getting hit by the hammer inspired hours of laughter.Great work. Comics are looking quite promising good, eager to see more.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 1 month later...

I've really grown to appreciate your style of action-packed scenes, which is why your comic was one of my favorites in the Calendar.Comics with variety like this really deserve a bit more attention.Keep note, Comic Forum Readers.-V-

• 4 months later...

These comics are awsome, and have a great plot. Keep up the good work :)and i stink at reveiwing things..... :PEdit: TI is right; please see the Comic Rules about generic posts. Just for future reference!-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

These comics are awsome, and have a great plot. Keep up the good work :)and i stink at reveiwing things..... :P
You should probably provide reasons why they are so and so, rather than just stating them. :PBut thanks. I want to make another comic but I'm sort of lazy and I have other priorities. :|

You could get someone to fill in, and make a comic. Or more canon fan comics.
Unfortunately pretty unlikely. It sounds like he had a good storyline planned out, so having someone fill in would defeat the purpose of having a single-author, plot-driven comic. Not to mention guest comics are reserved for more well known and active comics; creating a guest strip for an inactive comic is impractical at best, and for a series that the author has stated to have lost interest in (due to more important issues), it's just absurd. If Invictus decides to come back to this comic, fantastic, but I assume he'd rather find it as he left it, and not with a slew of GCs and a twisted story.That in mind, I really wouldn't mind seeing this continue when you find the time. ;)

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

• 1 month later...

Kakaru, I read your post right after you posted it and I agree. Though, like it states in the opening post, I'd say it could be canon if it didn't causes plotholes. :PWell guys, it's been about eight months since the last comic in the story, in fact, just eight months and a day after the last one was released. Finally allotted time to make this!#6: Enter Reptor Vahkiadd: Made a spelling mistake and a grammatical error. I may have to reupload this with the text slightly changed. There's also an inconsistency issue between the 5th and 6th comic I don't feel like poiting out, but if you do see it I can argue why it's actually valid.

I can't get over how nice those backgrounds look. I remember you telling me a little bit about them, but I still can't imagine how long it must have taken to make them. I REALLY love that archway you made.Anywho, as for the plot progression. Awesome to see that things are picking up. Are we going to get some back story for that Vahki at all? And where did Meso and some of the others go? Either way, looking forward to the next comic very much.Really saddened to see that these don't get more attention. These comics are really a gem in this forum.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Wow, an actual comic. That's quite the amazin' raisin.My thoughts? Great work. Your perspectives still impress me, as usual, and it's nice to see that the story's flowing along to some degree. A traitorous Vahki? That's quite the interesting development.Backgrounds, as Eljay noted, are quite nice. That archway is BTB.Interested in seeing where this goes; don't stop making comics for eight months ever again, kthanks. They're far too promising...-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

My favorite part of this is not the look of it. I like the story best.
I doubt lower quality artwork would pull in people to read the story. It just wouldn't invoke the same ffect. :PAnyways, thanks for the replies so far, I'm surprised you think pretty highly of the comic.