Tavakai

COMICS CONTEST ENTRY:bzpcc1_adarkdeed_tavakai_thumb.pngA Dark Deed1 | 2 | 3 | 4Full comic(>9MB, >15Kpx long)---EVERYTHING ELSE:logothesequel.pngPart of the International Comic Continuitytavkorp_logo.pngWelcome to TavKorp!We're not entirely sure what we've been bringing you, but we can assure you we've been bringing this kind of stuff to you since 2008!(I say "we" because that sounds like something a company would say, and if you couldn't tell from the title, this is kind of a pretense company I've got going here. I'll go ahead and use "I" from now on.)If you're someone who likes to read things in chronological order, you might want to start way back with my first series, VakamaTK's Comics, which can be found in the archive."Sweet! Seeing a new series from the first comic maker I ever read is definitely quite nostalgic. I'm definitely liking this."-Shadonix"Room with a Mahi is probably your most original work to date. It's thoroughly entertaining, and it has an interesting blend of reality and fantasy that keeps things interesting."-Nuparurocks"Tav, that was the best comic. Of all time."-Gavla"Now, this... this is the very definition of 'boss'. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png"-Dlakii"Words fail me to describe that level of epicness..."-Kahinuva"Nice job with the PowerPoint drawings. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Looks very pro."-Darcsyde"I'm starting to like this series.Guess this is more proof I need to start lurking around the comics forum more often. XP"-Venom"Nice closeups, and the suspense has been built up very well. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes."-Gerlicky"Tav, you impress me yet again with this. KUTGW."-Nuzar"Never stop being amazing at comics. Ever. They are most lulz-inducing indeed. I would high-five you but this is the internet"-Tapika"Great as always, of course, Tav."-Coleanuva"This series sucks and I hate you. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif"-Tavakai"Genius. Absolute Genius."-Biocryptid21"Wow, nice job with the special effects!"-Miraka"I never read your stuff before, I'm terribly sorry that I missed out. :("-Calvirick"And now, I am at a loss of words. Even after my sudden boost in Gimp effects, you're still far superior than me."-BladeranMiscellaneous Comics (Non-series)Christmas 2010: "Hazardous Season"(Mirror) (Featured in The 2010 Comic Advent Calendar hosted by Lavaside Rahi!)Third Anniversary Special: Courtroom Chaos(Mirror)Christmas 2011: The Ghost of Comics Past(Mirror) (Featured in The 2011 Christmas Advent Calendar hosted by Kahinuva!)Multi-Author series--IN THE ARCHIVE--Noob War (currently on hold; these comics were made since then):An Aura of OminosityShark AttackTeaming up for AvdenchurzMini-series: Disregard Forums/Acquire Pokemans:1. Obsession(Mirror)2. Philbert Saves the Day?(Mirror)3. Escape Plan(Mirror)4. The Plan is Foiled(Mirror)5. The Mysterious Salesman(Mirror)6. How to Catch a Pokemon(Mirror)7. Everybody Loves Surfing(Mirror)8. The Secret of the Closet(Mirror)9. The Hazards of the 3DS(Mirror)There are currently two running operations: A Room With a Mahi and Tavakai: The Movie (which is actually an epic). They are located below in that order.rwamlogo.pngThis was originally intended to come after my movie, but then I changed my mind because Liveswif was getting annoying and then my computer crashed. So I adapted the intro storyline a bit to sort of reflect my situation, and now here we are.BZP Comics Wiki ArticleChapter I: Procrastination and Crashes1. The First Comic(Mirror)2. Murphey Enforces his Law(Mirror)3. A Tale of Two Viruses(Mirror)4. Procrastination is an Understatement(Mirror)5. Three-Year Huna(Mirror)6. The Interdimensional Nonagonal Prism(Mirror)Chapter II: The Interdimensional Journey Begins7. Sprite Kit Alterations(Mirror)8. Chimoru Omega III(Mirror)9. The Gavla Your Man Could Make Comics Like(Mirror)Chapter III: Role Reversal10. Emergency Stop(Mirror)11. Gnue Yoark Citi(Mirror)Chapter IV: The Conclusion (Abridged remainder of storyline)12. Bow to Your King(Mirror)13. Operation: ContinuityKill(Mirror)14. ROBOT ROCK(Mirror)15. Reversal(Mirror)--------Notes on the Usage of Other PeopleI will not take guest stars, at least not at this point. I may decide to accept guest roles at certain points, but I won't entirely open the floodgates (key word in this sentence is may--you might not even get that).PGSs may appear, but they will be decided by me. Mainly it's only going to be people I can pull into the storyline, and I'll forewarn you that that probably means ICC since that was its main purpose.Additionally, the only character that's going to appear consistently in this series is me, since that's how I've set the plot up.-----------------------tm_poster.pngYou may also want to view the C3 2010 exhibit.For .SWF files (italicized), I suggest downloading Flash Player here.Part 1:Scene 1: An Unfamiliar Face (High quality version, but with music out of sync. If you want to see it with the music in sync but with bad quality, see here.)Scene 2: Watch Where You Step(Mirror)Scene 3: Sunset of an Era(Mirror)Part 2:Scene 1: A Few Calls(Mirror)Scene 2: Nearing Departure(Mirror)The remainder of the story can only be viewed as an epic. The epic is here; please post your posts over here though or I will be forced to report you to the authorities.Previews/banners/stuffs(Images here are only to be used as banners if a codebox is provided, meaning they have been checked to make sure they follow the Signature Guidelines and are intended by me for that kind of use)There is also a smaller size available for some of these banners. Just replace "bzpready.jpg" in the file URL with "downsized.png"--This may not work depending on the banner.gs_ss_bzpready.jpg
[URL=http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277063][IMG=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/RWAM/gs_ss_bzpready.jpg][/URL]
comingsoonban_bzpready.jpg
[URL=http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277063][IMG=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/BannersAvatars/comingsoonban_bzpready.jpg][/URL]
tm_ban1_bzpready.jpg
[url="http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277063"][img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/BannersAvatars/tm_ban1_bzpready.jpg][/url]
AwardsMerely based on opinions of the posters, not based on any claims of my own. If you post an award, I will most likely put it up.(Era; Series within era)Sept. 2010 - Present; A Room With a MahiB 'n' BB Nui Comics Award (Byylan and BB246)Hand of Nova Award (Mayeur Donz)Exon(Reflum)'s Duel Awards (Exon)Feb. 2008 - Sept. 2010; VakamaTK's ComicsThe Bohrok Award (The Bohrok Lord)Coleanuva Award (Coleanuva)The Mercenary Award (Merc with a mouth-VV)Haku340 Comic Maker Award (Haku340)Arioski Comic Award (Arioski Master of Air)The I-Don't-Have-An-Award-But-I'd-Give-You-One-If-I-Did Award (VakamaTK)Chath's 1st Golden Award (Chath)Best Slowest Comic Maker Award Blade Titan974)The Argaraffe Cube of Awesomeness Award (Argaraffe)--Link expiredAmazing Caterpillar Award (Toaoflight01)The Official Forest-Town Commentaries Comic Award (E-123 Omega)Hope you like my stuff! :)

Older comics can be viewed here.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

EDIT2: Sorry I basically disregarded those replies. Here we go:@Miy: Thanks!@Cal: That's okay. :)Okay guys, details of what's going to happen is over in my blog. I probably could have put it in this post, but then I can't conveniently edit this into more comic space if I need to without having a big speech stuffed in there too.So yeah, basically you'll get almost daily new content from me for about a month or a month and a half or something. Then, I have no idea what's going to happen; presumably I'll lock the topic and hopefully by then I'll be moved on to totally original comics elsewhere on the Internet. I really don't know if I'm going to make any Bionicle comics at all after the Norik Head one I'm making for two weeks from today. I'd probably be able to keep this up if there wasn't a revival rule, but since there is I'm probably going to have to get this locked or let it die or something after a while. But if I go out, it's definitely with a bang. And I'll do my best to provide the scripts/outlines for the stuff I had planned.EDIT: Also guys, just for clarity--This here comic is new.EDIT3: Okay, okay. So, I realized that the reason I was doing the back-to-back release plan was because I was so excited to get to what was coming later. Now that there might not be anything coming later, I could switch to two chapters and two comics a week or something; stretch it out some more.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

Okay, I made a poster for the movie:tm_poster.png...which, by the way, has been remade as an epic and is going up here. Please make sure to post in the review topic and not the actual epic topic; that's how they do things over there (Don't worry about it, Miy; it's easy to overlook that rule).

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

...which, by the way, has been remade as an epic and is going up here. Please make sure to post in the review topic and not the actual epic topic; that's how they do things over there (Don't worry about it, Miy; it's easy to overlook that rule).

Lol yea sorry about that, I've never actually visited the epics forum before so I was new to it.

Bionicle for 2015.

New comic:Unreleased Noob War 1: An Aura of OminositySo yeah, since I had tons of ideas for Noob War, but didn't actually get the chance to make comics because we temp-closed it, I've made three comics. I may make more; I planned things out a lot further. I actually made them because I realized that I referenced something I had planned to do in Noob War in the epic, which wasn't really that great because none of you would get the reference. So I had to make a minimum of three of those unmade comics so you guys would get it.There isn't much to say in regard to this comic itself, though. The three are all pretty small. And cliffhangery.So anyway, here's the deal--I posted a new comic today to help jump start things, since it's been a little slow. I don't plan on doing this the entire time; I'm switching to one or two a week. They'll get better later, I promise; the Noob War ones just have to come first because of the reasons I outlined.

button.png

Wow.I wrote that into the code months ago, assuming I'd remember to upload it first.But I forgot I hadn't uploaded it when the time came to actually post that. :PThanks, Philbert.Link works now.That's probably why people were mysteriously not commenting on it at all. :PEDIT:@Darc: I did such a good job with that lighting that I was too lazy to keep doing it. Also, your avatar is the first pony pic in this topic. Congratulations! Very hard to do with so many ponies around here.@Kahi: Yeah, when I put noobs in comics, I give them a style of their own--non-interpolated rotations, cubic-interpolated enlargements, rotating before enlarging if it's both, etc. I'm not totally sure I used Paint for that rotation, but I know I used it for some stuff elsewhere, so I just may have.@Utah: Thank you. Now I probably have to read your comics... and Miy's since I just noticed he had some.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

You realize the link to your epic leads to a banner pic right? Anyway, what's your current priority, RWAM or the movie/comic/epic? and oh Kahi, how is it Dinosaurs are large and their brains are small? ~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

@Exon:No, that's a glitch in the new forum software, one the staff don't know how to fix. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's why I have ¨THE LINK THE BANNER IS SUPPOSED TO BE LINKING TO¨ in my sig in case it's the wrong sometimes. Anyway, I finished both in July so I'm not prioritizing either. I originally planned on releasing my stockpile pretty quickly, but now my priority is some non-Bionicle comics so I'm going to release them slowly to give me some time to work on that. I had tons of stuff planned for post-epic; at the very least I'll have to give you guys scripts or summaries. Anyway, if I release one comic a week, I can last about four more months without having to actually work on comics (well, except for the Norik Head one). So I'm not saying I 'll definitely retire after that; I have plenty of time to think it over.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

No, I mean sometimes when you click on it it takes you to the topic, and sometimes not. I clicked on it just now and it worked, but as Exon pointed out it often doesn't work. I've looked over in the Q&A forum and there actually isn't a solution. And I just tried out what you said; didn't change a thing. Anyway, there are five more RWAM comics, which will be spread out over the release of the other comics. These will completely wrap up RWAM, though it's kind of an abridged version--you'll see what I mean. You'll also get a couple more Noob War comics, the first ten parts of a super filler about Pokemon obsessions, and the first comic for two series I had planned but might not end up making.

button.png

nw_unreleased_2.pngUnreleased Noob War 2: Shark AttackI spent very little time on this comic. I think it turned out marvelously.Anyway, you may want to head over to the epic--which, I may remind you, is the replacement of the movie. Chapter two, which was just released, contains new content not made as comics (towards the end of the chapter). Everything from that part of the chapter and beyond will not be made in a comic format, only as this epic. Well, unless someone does a really ambitious fan project, but I have absolutely no control over that. I will continue to provide updates about the epic, but since they're not new content I will not double post to do so--and additionally, since they're not actually comics (even though they relate to the comics) you should keep all of your comments on it over in the review topic. I'm loosely planning on a Tuesday/Friday release schedule.Oh yeah, and apparently B6 figured out how to solve the banner link problem, so now it should work all the time.

button.png

Thank you. So, I'm definitely not going to get my Norik Head comic done on time *gestures downward and leftward*. And I guess I'll post a new Noob War comic. I haven't been online much this week. Noob War 3: Teaming up for Avdenchurzshrakmaan86, in case you can't tell, is a noob version of those Shark Man things from Lego Atlantis.also ezogord

button.png

New Comic!Disregard Forums Acquire Pokemans Part 1: ObsessionI wrote this as a filler when I was in my Pokemon obsession, but it turned out to be so long that what I had then written was split into ten parts. I've since written at least five more. And it's not done. I'll also release it as a full comic when it's done, if it's ever done. I don't expect it to break the 564-panel record; these aren't really huge parts like before... unless I end up making fifty of them, which is highly unlikely. :PAlso yeah, this was written in like April or something, so it was set right after the 3DS came out. Now it's been so long that even I have one. :P

button.png

Man, it fits so perfectly into continuity, its not even funny...Also, for those who may not have gotten the joke, I did actually name my started Pokemon "Hoto Bug" when I started Black.Nice job on the poster cover-up, by the way.

Thanks. Although you could really only tell because I told you. :P

I actually got a 3DS the first day it came out, so if it took place back in April or something, it would only be like a few days or weeks short of being eerily accurate.I also loved Kahi's line in Panel 5.

Yeah, by "April or something" I meant "whenever Gerlicky did go and get a 3DS" and I didn't actually know when that was.

Ugh. This comic is proof that I ned to get a 3DS. I'm just playing Pokemon on my DS Light...

No way; there's very few good games for the 3DS now. I don't have any yet, and I've had mine for over a month.

i don't even HAVE a GAMEBOY let alone a DS.....:foreveralone:p.s. YAYZ PORTAL GUN

Good for you; it's one less thing you feel like you have to spend money on. :P

I was planning to get a 3DS this year.Unfortunately, last christmas my dad got me a DSi XL. Now I'll feel like a bad person. Plus, there isn't really any games out for it now.Anyways, do disregard forums, but pokemans are not all you should be aquiring. :P

Yeah, buying a 3DS anytime this year (except in December I guess) is more or less an investment, albeit one that doesn't actually get you anything extra unless you got it before the Ambassador deadline.

Well, I'm officially scared silly of DSi's.Lucky for me, I lost interest in the DS franchise long before the DSi came out. :P

I'm assuming you mean the 3DS?And anyway, it's separate from the DS franchise, just as the GBA was separate from the GBC.

Lets hope makito doesn't come play with you guys. He has the legendary pokemon Mr. Rogers!

Yeah, Makito's too good for us.SONEW COMICDisregard Forums Acquire Pokemans Part 2: Philbert Saves the Day?I know Philbert would never try to get us back to work on our arrangements of colored blocks made to look like characters from or similar to a deceased line of children's construction toys, later to be published and publicized on a secluded and avoided section of a shrinking forum dedicated to said deceased line of children's construction toys. This merely adds to the humor of the situation.also this would have been completely accurate if superkid had reposted his topic. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifNext week, RWAM.

button.png

It's actually even more ironic than you intended, because shortly after I got SoulSilver, I had been planning to make a comic with a somewhat similar premise, in which Tav says "I've been here before; I know how to handle this" and then breaks the DS in half and eats it.Needless to say, this was back when I still played Pokemon games often enough for it to be relevant. And also actually still made comics.

Edited by Lime Paradox

RksnKgM.jpg

New RWAM comic!RWAM 12: Bow to Your KingWe now enter the abridged version of RWAM, which is narrated most of the time and has almost no dialogue. This new universe consists of backgrounds almost entirely hand-pixelized by me, except the BZ-Metru buildings in the background; I just took Dark709's and altered them to fit the style. The grass panel sucks; I know. I got better as I went on; just look at the panel with my desk.

button.png

I know this isn't time travel, but isn't there still a space time continuum needing to be destroyed by this?

^This^.But, I think it's fine as long as you do not have contact with him.I find the new style quite a shift from the last comic. I enjoy the style, but I find that it has less humor and you lose many possibilities involved with spoken jokes. Nonetheless, this style also opens up many NEW possibilities.Also, I enjoyed the pixeled stuff, but it just seems quite a downgrade of visual quality, if you know what I mean.~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-