Hero Factory: The Biosteel Chronicles

King Joe

So, I've been debating on posting this for quite some time, and I finally decided to do it. This was my first shot at writing an original story, so it's not too fantastic, but I thought I might get some constructive criticism, and someone might enjoy it. BEHOLD!HERO FACTORY: THE BIOSTEEL CHRONICLES!SynopsisThe tale of an elite team of heroes, led by Samuel Swamper, and created out of an organic material that acts much like different types of metals known as Biosteel, and their quest to keep the secret of its source safe from the villian Rogue and his cronies, who live in the scrapyard on the other side of the planet that Biosteel is harvested from.This story is based completely on MOC characters. These will be posted and linked to.Chapter 1"Nothing came up on the radar. We got played." "I should have known!" The two strong, but not so smart robots were intently staring at the radar on their ship, looking for further directions on where to drop off the contraband they were carrying. "Now we're stuck here with illegal neuclear waste! What will we do? He said we'd get more instructions when we reached the coordinates." Suddenly, a dark, twisted voice buzzed over on their raido. "I did say that, and I always keep my word. Not that you two would think of it, but I had to make sure that the Factory didn't follow you. Now, go 13 parsecs toward the Nekron sector." The robots were dumbfounded. "But, that's restricted space! If we're found in there, with what we're carrying no less..." "Don't give me your excuses! I need that stuff. Just get here! You've already broken the law just carrying it. Restricted space should be nothing! And anyway, it wouldn't do you any good to go against me. I took the liberty of inserting a little... ''insurance'' in your pay. One wrong move and there will be an explosion that will rock Makuro himself!" The pair manuvered their freighter into the requested area as fast as possible. A small planet, half the color of dirty metal, and half green lay before them. "Now, jetteson the payload from your ship, and it must land exactly where I specify." The two smugglers did as they were asked. "Thank you. See you again-when I die! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" With that, the smuggling ship exploded.Samuel Swamper pulled out a pair of Electro-Binoculars. He followed the path of a strange comet. ''It's probably nothing more than a piece of shrapnel from the explosion earlier,'' he thought.'' Well, I better keep watching to make sure it lands on the other side of the planet.'' The comet arced down, and landed right in a lagoon full of the raw materials of Biosteel. ''Great.'' Swamper thought. ''Now I gotta send out a science crew to check it out. That'll take all day.''"Those fools! I should never have trusted them as much as I did. Corrupter, get over here!" The robot, twisted and evil, running on all fours, loped up to the shadows that hid his master. "Yessss?" he hissed. "The two fools we got to transport our payload flubbed the whole thing. I need you to recover it from the swamp. Do you understand?" His master had a commanding tone in his voice, but Corrupter still hadn't learned that he couldn't talk back to him. "But, but, thatssss Factory turf! I'd be caught before I took two sssssteps!" "That's why I'm sending you! With your core, you can beat any Hero that gets too close for comfort! Now get out of here, before I do to you what I did to the fools that flubbed their mission!" Corrupter slinked away as fast as he could. He didn't want to risk angering his master further.End of Chapter 1.Review this chapter here.

Edited by King Joe

Chapter Two, slightly edited from it's original version.Chapter 2*Crash*Zakk easily parried the huge creature's blade. Large, red, and spiky, with green tentacles coming off of it, the monster was truly a menacing sight. Back-flipping away, the blue and orange hero landed in the brown dust a few feet away and aimed his sword point carefully but quickly.*ZZZZZZAKKKKKKK*! Lightning streaked from it's blade, striking the creature. It fell on it's knees, but was already rising. Zakk fired again.*ZZZZZZZZZAKKK*! "ZAKK! Listen to me when I talk to you!"Zakk turned, and saw Swamper in the entrance of the training sphere."Oh, hey Sam. Didn't hear you. I was too busy frying him." At this Zakk pointed, and an arc of lightning erupted from his finger and downed the beast that was attempting to recover."Yeah, for the 50th time." Swamper retorted, then switched off the training sphere. The beast dissolved as the holograms disappeared."Actually, I've beaten him fifty-eight times. I was going for sixty.""Well, sorry to stop your streak, but we've got REAL work to do," Swamper replied."Like what? On this wasteland, the only thing we have to do is hone our skills till some stupid villain thinks he can take us on!" Swamper sighed. He had no idea what to do with Zakk. Always a live-wire... There was nothing he could do about it though. It was ingrained in the very materials he was created out of. Biosteel was a tricky thing. The Hero Factory still didn't know everything about it. The specific sound frequencies that could control it were common knowledge, but it was still an experimental substance. They were the first heroes to be created entirely out of it, with a third running through training spheres back in Makuhero City. Zakk was different from Swamper. While Swamper had been created without a hitch, a lightning bolt had struck the Assembly Tower while Zakk was being constructed. Somehow, this gave the Biosteel electrical properties, and Zakk soon found that he could control it. It seemed to affect his personality too. But they were still friends."Nothing ever happens here!" Zakk intoned in a depressed voice."Well, something happened today. An explosion occurred just outside our orbit. Something crash-landed on the swamp side, and I just sent out a science team to check it out. It's in a secluded area, but far from the scrapyard. We have to monitor their progress." The two heroes made their way to the command center. Bright lights and screens flashed from various points in the room, all surrounding the central terminal. On the holo-projector of this terminal, they watched through the eyes of the science team as they came up to the area the meteor impacted. It was easily seen. The burnt canister laid right in the center of a secluded glade of trees, an area used to grow Biosteel. There was just water surrounding the Biosteel glade. A large crack was seen near the bottom of the large cylindrical canister, and the symbols marking it made it obvious what it was."Hoo-boy. What are we gonna do with that?" asked Zakk."I have no idea. But," Sam here had a worried tone as he looked at the various screens, his green Biosteel skin illuminated by the light, "One of the team just went missing. It’s weird. His signal's still there for some reason." A red light still blinking confirmed that the robot's signal was indeed still strong.Suddenly, Zakk shouted, "Whoa! I think I just saw something grab another one of the sci team!" Sam wasn't sure if he should trust Zakk. He had an uncanny ability to see things that weren't there, but things that he wished were there. He also was a bit of a joker. But the screen showed the final member of the team looking around worriedly, his companions nowhere to be seen. His voice came in over the radio."I-I--I'm coming back guys. I don't know what happened, but I thought I saw something grab Fra--AAAAGAGHHHH!!!" And with that, the screen went blank. The visual link was lost.End of Chapter 2Also, Pic of Samuel Swamper!This creation was made before I had any Hero Factory parts, so I was trying to recreate what I saw in the pictures to the best of my ability, while still allowing for things like elbow and knee joints. I also didn't have any Bionicle peices, so what you see is entirely made of Ben10, Exo-Force, and Roboriders pieces. I may post him in BBC later.Review here.

Edited by King Joe

Chapter 3"I think I know what might have grabbed the science team we sent out"Bolt and Swamper were checking out the site of the unfortunate incident that had happened earlier. Bolt was getting his harebrained theories geared up. Some of them actually turned out right, so Swamper had learned to at least hear Bolt out."What, Bolt?""Remember that story about the Krokanus? That huge swamp monster with enormous tentacles that killed a whole hero team?"Swamper sighed. Another one of these stories. "You know that's a myth. An urban legend. Like Bigfoot. Or the Abominable Snow-bot. Remember what we said about urban legends and myths?""Yeah, but I got to talk to the hero that actually survived the encounter.”“You know he was just telling a tall tale.”“ He convinced me it actually happened."Anyone could convince you of anything, thought Swamper. Just then, a flock of Goki Birds erupted from the foliage and took off."I wonder what scared them." Said Bolt. Suddenly, without warning, a strange creature jumped at the two heroes. It was followed by two more of the same kind, at least, they looked sorta alike. The heroes went into action. Bolt's fists crackled with energy and he beat and slashed at them. Swamper's Particle Gun was almost overheating he was firing it so much. Then, just as suddenly as they came, they exploded. One by one. Unnoticed by the heroes, a green slime that was covering part of the creatures bodies slid off of the shattered parts and back into the swamp."Well now. I think we found the science team." said Swamper, as he moved forward and poked at one of the parts. "I wonder what made them act like this though. It explains why their signal was still active though.""You know, we better call this place off limits till we figure out what happened." Bolt had a point. The two heroes headed back to the Swamp Outpost to think it through.Meanwhile...Corrupter and Doomsaw were plotting their rebellion. The plan was perfectly clear in Corrupter's mind, but Doomsaw had to hear it once or twice. Or three times. Scratch that, this was the seventeenth time Corrupter had to explain it to him."We get the nueclear waste, use it to power up the machine without him knowing, and we command… it… to destroy Rogue and then we take over this quadrant without him!!!""Oh right. I get you now. But wait, what was that second part again?"Corrupter sighed. "Jussssst do what I tell you! Now first we need to get a hero so we have less trouble…"End of Chapter 3,Review this here.

Edited by King Joe