Posted Dec 30 2011 - 05:35 PM
1. I've heard of the Inheritance Cycle but don't know much about it. Not sure if they would transfer well into sets, however - are they popular enough?
2. No. I can tell you right now there's just not enough interest. A niche would be all that could be realistically hoped for.
3. Same as 1.
4. I agree. It's a famous and long-popular series, plus the ongoing movie adaptations that will probably also include the remaining books that haven't been adapted for the silver screen as of yet. I like the idea.
5. Same as 1 and 3, maybe more so.
6. I see that working better for MOCs - Bfahome has proposed food items as a theme for potential BBC/SBC contests in the past. I don't see much interest in it otherwise.
7 and 8. Same as 1, 3, and 5. I don't doubt their set potential, but there a lot of things to consider when licensing, and to make up for the licensing fees, you have to sell a lot. For example, I would love to see a LEGO Artemis Fowl set line, but I know that wouldn't be realistic because it probably isn't popular enough, at least in the minds of the powers that be within the LEGO group.
9. Same as 6. I saw a fantastic LEGO stringed instrument (I can't remember what it was and my picture of it has somehow been corrupted) at BrickFair, and I am unsure of a potential market for these.