Chibi World 3

Chibinuva

Okay, since the forums are back up, allow me to present, Chibi World 3! Here is my original topic:http://www.bzpower.c...howtopic=327611 Kopaka NuvaWhile I did get a Kopaka Nuva, I traded for him, meaning he didn't have any weapons or his mask. As such, I replaced his Kanohi of that from Matoro McToran, and gave him his iceblades from one of the Lego Agents sets. Also my second design of something I've been tinkering with for awhile, making the smallest chibi possible. TurahkThis is one I initially put off doing, since I figured the Rahaga were practically Rahkshi chibs. However, I was bored during the downtime, and I figured there were enough differences. Plus, he looks pretty good. Gorast NewThis is one I made a little while back, but I only recently found the pieces. I forgot how much fun it was to build chibis with extra limbs. :P Meltdown NewI built this one just for you, Makuta Dralcax. I hope you like him. :) Nuparu NewSorry the weapon's blocking his body. I'll post new pics soon so you can see him better. Here's my Gallery for more angles along with shots of all my previous chibis.

Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Nice to see this back again. How are chibi Meltdown and Fire lord coming along?Off topic: What's with the MLP sig and avi?

Oh, I along with many other became a brony durign BZP's downtime, so I changed my sig and avvie accordingly. Also, I need to find some of Meltdown's pieces, and will need a somewhat new build for Fire Lord, but I'll try to have them up in the next few days. Also, I have a few chibis that I built, but can't seem to find their pictures, so I'll rebuild and retake their pictures. (specifically, I made a tiny little chibi of matoro mctoran/kopaka mata, and Nuparu's chibi.)

CHIBI. :biggrin: I didn't know you were Hyper Rarity! On Topic: Can't wait for you to start making new Chibis. -Skar

Yeah, I took my bronyhood to a more extreme level. :P Anyways, I've been working on a really tiny new chibi design I'm going to try out a chibi matoro (mctoran form.) So expect to see new chibis up in a couple days.

I prefer the Hero Factory characters to the BIONICLE ones. They seem more "chibi-ish" than the others. ;) Good job.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I prefer the Hero Factory characters to the BIONICLE ones. They seem more "chibi-ish" than the others. ;) Good job.

Yeah, I guess they are (aside from Corroder, who's kind of large. :P) Thanks.

I am afraid that I haven't found any chibi MOC that I would like.

Thanks for checking them out anyways. Also, if you want to see if my new ones are better, I stayed up last night a made a chibi, along with a couple more I have to rebuild, so I'll have some new ones up as soon as I find my camera's download cord.edit: I was able to upload the pictures directly through the SD card. So here's Kopaka Nuva http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Chibinuva-2/Chibis/kopaka_nuva-front.jpgWhile digging around my room, I found a rahkshi I chibified during the downtime, so here is Turahk http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Chibinuva-2/Chibis/turahk-front.jpg I'll have Chibi Meltdown and Firelord up in the next few days. Also, I'm hoping to acquire more sets via the B/S/T forum soon to make more chibis with. Edited by Hyper Rarity

Chibi Turahk is nice. =) However, you should do something with your camera. The pics are terribly unfocused.

Thanks. As for the camera issue, I don't really know, since while it does have a facial recognition feature, I can't get it to work for my chibis. Maybe I could try putting the camera on the ground instead of holding it. Also, do you think extra lighting would help, since I have a lamp I sometimes use for that (in place of the flash of course.)

Extra lighting is extremely recommended! Also I'd like to say that you need to know how to change settings on your camera. For example, you need to make pics in macro mode.

I'm not really familiar with the camera (it's my mom's,) so I didn't realize it wasn't in micro mode. I'll go retake the pictures soon and have them up tomorrow probably (along with chibis of Tahu Nuva and Pohatu Nuva, since I now have a toa nuva build.)

Ask your mom about camera's instruction. There you could find sanything you need.

Yeah, I figured it out now. I'll work on the Tahu and Pohatu Nuva chibis build tonight/tomorrow morning, and take better pictures, along with retaking the Turahk and Kopaka Nuva ones. After that I should have the Meltdown and Fire Lord chibis up in a few days. Edited by Hyper Rarity

Nice new Chibis, I especially like Turahk. :3 Gorast seems a bit... long in the middle. :P Kopaka looks like someone might've cut his arms off (or perhaps turned into a Turaga?), and I never really knew what Meltdown looked like, so I'll just say good job on him. Can't wait to see more of them. :D -Skar

Nice new Chibis, I especially like Turahk. :3 Gorast seems a bit... long in the middle. :P Kopaka looks like someone might've cut his arms off (or perhaps turned into a Turaga?), and I never really knew what Meltdown looked like, so I'll just say good job on him. Can't wait to see more of them. :biggrin: -Skar

Thanks. :) Gorast had to be long to have room for her extra arms. :P Of course, I've updated ones in the past, so I might rebuild her later. Kopaka, yeah his arms are kind of short, so I might rebuild him, but he's all cute and chubby, so I'll probably just leave him be. Also, here's a picture of Meltdown for reference (I couldn't find the yellow armor pieces for his hands.) Also, I'll have Nuparu Inika up later today since I've finished building him.

Darn, the server got busy just as I hit post and it dodn't post properly.Kopaka is too chubby, and his shoulder armor isn't perfect, but it looks a lot like the set. Turahk is awesome, I like the simple but effective shoulders, although it looks a little like Chibi Krahk, probably because you used Turahk parts for the latter. Gorast is too tall, as already stated, but I think if you had used a Vahki hip of the actual hip it might be OK. Meltdown is awesome. There's just one, easily fixable flaw: In proportion to the legs, the arms aren't long enough. Short HF skeleton parts could be easily put between the Metru hands and the Hordika necks forming the shoulders to lengthen them. I know you have the second shortest, the Surge forearms, which will work, but I dunno if the shorter one, the Scorpio elbows, also found connecting the 2 parts of Fire Lord's thighs, will work better.

aouROFb.png

Darn, the server got busy just as I hit post and it dodn't post properly.Kopaka is too chubby, and his shoulder armor isn't perfect, but it looks a lot like the set. Turahk is awesome, I like the simple but effective shoulders, although it looks a little like Chibi Krahk, probably because you used Turahk parts for the latter. Gorast is too tall, as already stated, but I think if you had used a Vahki hip of the actual hip it might be OK. Meltdown is awesome. There's just one, easily fixable flaw: In proportion to the legs, the arms aren't long enough. Short HF skeleton parts could be easily put between the Metru hands and the Hordika necks forming the shoulders to lengthen them. I know you have the second shortest, the Surge forearms, which will work, but I dunno if the shorter one, the Scorpio elbows, also found connecting the 2 parts of Fire Lord's thighs, will work better.

Meh, I personally like Kopaka being chubby, but that's just me. Yeah, Chibi Krahk did use some of Turahk's pieces, so they do looks similar. I'll try the Vahki hip for Gorast to see if that works. As for Meltdown, I didn't realize the proportions were off, and I was just trying to shorten his arms. Guess I'll have to fix that.In other news, Chibi Nuparu is finished and up for viewing.

Niiiiice. :3 A few outpoints, though, like his missing claw on his left hand, and his golden Zamor launcher. I wish I could see more of his body, but his weapon is in the way. I know you probably have to change pieces to make things work, so the feet are understandable. Could you possibly put up another image of his without his weapon(or at least have it moved out of the way)? The body looks nicely designed (from what I can see from behind him), very good by Chibi standards, I'd say. :D -Skar

Niiiiice. :3 A few outpoints, though, like his missing claw on his left hand, and his golden Zamor launcher. I wish I could see more of his body, but his weapon is in the way. I know you probably have to change pieces to make things work, so the feet are understandable. Could you possibly put up another image of his without his weapon(or at least have it moved out of the way)? The body looks nicely designed (from what I can see from behind him), very good by Chibi standards, I'd say. :biggrin: -Skar

The zamor launcher I just forgot about, and the claw wouldn't work because the drill is in the way (unless I use a 3-length axle instead of a 2-length.) As for the feet, they're the same as the ones from his actual said so they're obviously "understandable" :P Also, I was just posing him, but if you would still like to see more of the body I can take a better picture where his weapon isn't so in the way (still have to retake Turahk's pics anyhow.) Also, I'll try to have Chibi Firelord up in the next couple of days, since I got distracted by the Sonic Generations demo, but I'm hoping to have him done before November 1st since then the game comes out and I might be on hiatus for a week or so. :P (hopefully not though, I don't like to keep my viewers waiting.)

I can't comment on most of it because of those darn giant Inika weapons! I'm guessing it weighed too much to have it sticking straight up. The Zamor launcher is mounted one axle hole too high, but I'm assuming that you did that so the head wouldn't get in the way. He also looks bowlegged and squished, but maybe the weapon is blocking him crouching or sitting.

aouROFb.png

There are more pictures of him in OmiShad's gallery, which is how I was able to comment on the body design. :P @Omi: Actually, Nuparu Inika came with the more, I dunno, shoe like feet, not the kind where there are four toes on the end. However, Nuparu Mahri came with the feet on your Chibi. -Skar

I can't comment on most of it because of those darn giant Inika weapons! I'm guessing it weighed too much to have it sticking straight up. The Zamor launcher is mounted one axle hole too high, but I'm assuming that you did that so the head wouldn't get in the way. He also looks bowlegged and squished, but maybe the weapon is blocking him crouching or sitting.

No, I could have moved the weapon out of the way, I just let posing him get in the way of showing how he was built. Like I said, after I build a chibi or too, I'll go to take their pictures and also retake his (and Turahk's. :P) And yeah, he is kinda bowlegged and squished, though it might make an interesting crab design.

There are more pictures of him in OmiShad's gallery, which is how I was able to comment on the body design. :P @Omi: Actually, Nuparu Inika came with the more, I dunno, shoe like feet, not the kind where there are four toes on the end. However, Nuparu Mahri came with the feet on your Chibi. -Skar

Uh, OmiShad isn't here. Like, he hasn't posted here at all. :P Given the similar Rarity Avvies/Banners, I don't blame you for confusing us (I'm Chibinuva.) And I could have sworn he had those feet in both forms. Guess I'll go find his real feet and switch them out when I retake his pictures.

I love Meltdown! He incorperates all of the key character features without being awkward!

Thanks. :) It worked pretty well for Thunder, but Corroder was kinda big (due to his weapons,) so I figured I'd try a different design for Meltdown.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Witch Doctor Chibi!

Edited by Tahkuta

Song Of The Month: From Scythe to Sceptre - Be'Lakor

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
Hau and Kakama collected!
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y X Z
Red= Taken and in Progress, Blue = Open, Black = Finished

Thanks, but I don't have him yet. Until then, I'm hoping to have Chibi Firelord up soon. Also, I'll ask for him for Christmas so I can make him into a chibi. :)

I found Nuparu's back in the gallery, so I can comment more on it.The being squished could be remedied by replacing the Hordika necks with (+)s, and attaching the feet directly to those.

I'm not exactly sure which piece you're referring to. If you mean the pieces that have one plus-rod-hole facing one way, and another attached to it that's perpendicular, then the feet will probably squish into each other.

Thanks, but I don't have him yet. Until then, I'm hoping to have Chibi Firelord up soon. Also, I'll ask for him for Christmas so I can make him into a chibi. :)

I found Nuparu's back in the gallery, so I can comment more on it.The being squished could be remedied by replacing the Hordika necks with (+)s, and attaching the feet directly to those.

I'm not exactly sure which piece you're referring to. If you mean the pieces that have one plus-rod-hole facing one way, and another attached to it that's perpendicular, then the feet will probably squish into each other.
No, the ball joints that accept an axle, like those at the base of an Inika neck. And if they squish, try black Metru feet or the black Mata feet from Von Nebula.

aouROFb.png

GNUKLEAROT: Very nice, the Meltdown chibi is very good. One thing though: The body is yellow, as opposed to black, of which there is little in the chibi. I wonder if any other sets have that same piece in black...--:ruru:

banner.jpg

Not bad, but I do think the Zamor Launcher on Nuparu get's in the way a bit.

Yeah, when you have a character with four weapons (two claws, a zamor launcher, and a laser drill,) it's hard to chibify them (hence why I removed one of his claws, which was in the way of the drill.)

No, the ball joints that accept an axle, like those at the base of an Inika neck. And if they squish, try black Metru feet or the black Mata feet from Von Nebula.
Ah, those. I have plenty, both in the open and closed forms (the one where you can only stick one stud-length of axle through, and the other where you can stick it all the way through.) I'll try that and see if it works (and use either Garan or VN's feet if needed.)

GNUKLEAROT: Very nice, the Meltdown chibi is very good. One thing though: The body is yellow, as opposed to black, of which there is little in the chibi. I wonder if any other sets have that same piece in black...-- :ruru:

The hordika necks don't come in any other color to my knowledge, nor do those HF armor pieces. (not to mention that's from his original set, which also used it as chest armor.) The hand pieces that attach to his legs come in black, so I could replace those, but that's about it.

Yeah, when you have a character with four weapons (two claws, a zamor launcher, and a laser drill,) it's hard to chibify them (hence why I removed one of his claws, which was in the way of the drill.)

Ah, those. I have plenty, both in the open and closed forms (the one where you can only stick one stud-length of axle through, and the other where you can stick it all the way through.) I'll try that and see if it works (and use either Garan or VN's feet if needed.)

GNUKLEAROT: Very nice, the Meltdown chibi is very good. One thing though: The body is yellow, as opposed to black, of which there is little in the chibi. I wonder if any other sets have that same piece in black...-- :ruru:

The hordika necks don't come in any other color to my knowledge, nor do those HF armor pieces. (not to mention that's from his original set, which also used it as chest armor.) The hand pieces that attach to his legs come in black, so I could replace those, but that's about it.
I know for a fact that they come in light grey (in Thunder), but I'm not sure about black... Time for some research...--:ruru:

banner.jpg

I know for a fact that they come in light grey (in Thunder), but I'm not sure about black... Time for some research...-- :ruru:
Actually, they come in Yellow on Meltdown, Light Grey on Thunder, and Black on Corroder (that's it I think.) However, he doesn't have the other ones for his arms, so I figured I'd at least use the yellow one for his chest. Also, while I own Corroder, I'd have to take the stickers off one of the pieces, and I don't know whether I could do that easily (or put them back on afterward.)

I know for a fact that they come in light grey (in Thunder), but I'm not sure about black... Time for some research...-- :ruru:
Actually, they come in Yellow on Meltdown, Light Grey on Thunder, and Black on Corroder (that's it I think.) However, he doesn't have the other ones for his arms, so I figured I'd at least use the yellow one for his chest. Also, while I own Corroder, I'd have to take the stickers off one of the pieces, and I don't know whether I could do that easily (or put them back on afterward.)
Oh, OK. Well, it's still great. My favorite is probably Turahk.--:ruru:

banner.jpg

Vapour has those parts, but stickerless.

aouROFb.png

Vapour has those parts, but stickerless.
Interesting, I didn't realize that. If and when I get him, I'll use one of his pieces to replace the one on Meltdown. (and of course I'll chibify him too. :P) Sorry I haven't posted any chibis, I've just been busy with Sonic Generations and whatnot. I'll try to have one up soon since I'm getting a kinect in a few days and then all my free time will be devoted to my 360. :P