In order to reduce the amount of misconceptions members have about current Story, I have compiled a group of Greg quotes that you may find useful. While you can look through the 5-page Greg Quotes Topic and the even larger, 334 page Official Greg Dialogue for your educational enlightenment, it is rather long.
Old Greg Quotes Topic | Old Greg Discussion Topic
Concerning The GB and Murderer from Recent Serials:
These reveals are direct quotes from Greg on such matters, with the following caveat:
[Greg's] own words, but I might have deleted some unnecessary words.
The Great Being is Velika.
1. The Great Being was already named Velika before inhabiting the Matoran body.
2. Velika is indeed the killer of Tren Krom and Karzahni. He was doing some housecleaning.
What is the undisguised Great Being's motive?
Velika is eliminating wild cards, beings who are acting way outside of the expected parameters of the GB's plans.
Was Velika in the Kingdom Alternate Universe also a Great Being?
Could we get a basic idea of Velika's life in the MU before being sent to Karzahni? Did he for example personally know Tren Krom as some theorized? What was his strategy of "observing", and was it intentional that he got damaged to go to Karzahni?
Yes. he would have known TK, but I do not think he intentionally got damaged.
Any info on what he did before going into the MU, like what GB projects he worked on?
The Golden Being
QUOTE (Lewa Krom)
My first question for ST regards the green mist - I'm a little lost there. Was the green mist a part of what was fused to make "Goldilocks" or was it a result off it in addition to "Goldilocks"?
2) It was part of what made him.
6. Was the makuta essence used in the making of Gold Skin sentient? Was it part of Teridax's?
6) No, it was not Makuta essence.
What was that green cloud that plunged into the Energized Protodermis tank to form the Golden Fusion being?
Toa Tahu's New Powers:
2)Since tahu absorbed the powers of the rahkshi he absorbed with the golden armor, is he more powerful than a makuta now or would he just stand a
extremely good chance?
2) The latter
8) Did Teridax send only Heat Vision Rahkshi onto Bara Magna or a mixture of different kinds, with the heat vision type more common than the rest?
8) No, not only heat vision Rahkshi.
4. Were all 42 types of Rahkshi present during the battle of Bara Magna?
4) I doubt it
1) Tahu now has devoloped Heat Vision powers. Does he have some more surprises in store, or that's it all?
1) Yes, he does
QUOTE (Tahu: Spirit of the Mist)
2) Now that Tahu has all the powers of the Kraata he disintegrated, is he more or less powerful than he was as a Toa Nuva?
QUOTE (Jedi Knight Crazy)
Regarding the last chapter of Journey's End (Great writing, by the way. Didn't realize I was missing so much with these novels, might have to raid Amazon and get the ones I missed), I have some guesses regarding the nature of Tahu's new powers:
1. Is there a connection to Tahu's new heat vision powers and the fact that he was fighting primarily Heat Vision Rahkshi?
2. Does the Golden armor give him all Rahkshi powers?
3. Does it give him the ability to absorb powers from enemies?
1) I would say no
2) Follow the story and find out
3) Not in general, no, because the GA is really of no use to him against anyone but Rahkshi.
QUOTE (Electric Turahk)
Heat vision, eh? Hmm.
Did the Golden Armor enhance Tahu's own powers such that they are "all-encompassing" and he can do literally anything related to fire and heat? (Not that being a Toa of Fire wouldn't have made this possible anyways, but I guess heat vision doesn't count there... I myself find this one quite unlikely anyways.)
Did it grant him the abilities of all of the Kraata it slayed?
The second one.
The Glatorian's Elemental Powers
O.k thanks, I'm sorry but I didn't understand your answer on the 7, the Glatorian had the powers, they didn't needed weapons to use them, so why Mata Nui had to change the weapons if they could use their powers through their hands?
Because he didn't want them to know the power was in them, he wanted them to think it was in their weapons. The idea of elementally powered weapons wasn't new to them, they had those in the war. The idea of them themselves having elemental powers would probably have disturbed them.
ANSWER: Glatorian elemental powers are generated by their bodies. Their "machine parts" are too minimal in most cases and are not designed for energy storage.
QUOTE(Lord of Bionicles)
7.-you said that Mata Nui let the Glatorian think he had charged up their weapons though he was giving the powers to the Glatorian and the weapons were just the focus, does this mean that they had the powers but needed a weapon that could focus them? if so then they can only use the powers when they have that specifical weapon unlike the Toa that can use their powers through their hands?
7) No, it does not mean they have to have the weapons to use the powers.
1. I know that Mata Nui, with the Ignika, is (or was) capable of unlocking Glatorian's elemental powers. Would he be able to do so with a Vorox (I know he wouldn't, but I'm just asking)?
1) I wouldn't call it "unlocking" so much as bestowing, and yes
I liked the start of The Yesterday Quest, though I wish we had gotten a Toa of Jungle. I have question regarding Marendar. It seems rather ironic that the Great Beings would have expected the Toa to be traitors and not the Makuta, even though it was reversed. I mean, if Teridax hadn't betrayed Mata Nui in the way he did, wouldn't the Makuta, even if supposedly peaceful, prove just as much of a threat, if not more, to the peace of the reformed Spherus Magna?
Anyways, I can't wait to see where this takes us.
1) Not necessarily, no. Because if the Makuta hadn't betrayed Mata Nui, things would have gone as they were supposed to -- the planet would have been reformed, Mata Nui would have shut down, and the Toa, Makuta etc. would have all shut down too. So the Makuta wouldn't be a threat to anyone.
QUOTE(Lord of Bionicles)
7.- …I know that on Bionicle 2 Vakama used the vahi to slow down Teridax´s shadow hand but he couldn´t control the mask and he slowed himself too then Lhikan jumped in front of him and died, how did he died if Teridax only took Lhikan´s shield?
7) Simple. Let's say you are reaching to grab something in a hurry. Someone suddenly gets in your way. What happens? Your hand hits him. In this case, Makuta was sending out a shadow hand to wrest something from a powerful Toa, and instead he hit a Turaga. A Turaga is physically a lot weaker than a Toa, so the impact of the blow killed Lhikan.
4. If the Vahi was destroyed outside of the MU would it end time there?
4. Why not, if you don't mind me asking?
4) Because the Vahi is keyed to work with the MU -- it is part of the machine. It doesn't affect the universe outside of the MU.
4) Would the Vahi still be able to slow down time outside of the MU, like the Hau can still put up shields and the Ignika can still create life?
1) The Hau can block almost any physical attack the user is aware of. But can it defend against a physical attack you can't see? Say Vakama turned invisible with his Huna and struck at Tahu. If Tahu knew Vakama would try to do that, could he block the attack just by anticipating it?
2) In the same vein, can the Hau block "instant" attacks? Say, Takanuva's laser beams or more modernly: A bullet? neither of these would give the Hau wearer any time to react, but if the shield was already up...?
2) Yes, it could
3) Does the Hau shield rely on reflexes if it's not up, or does it automatically activate as soon as an attack becomes apparent as long as the user is aware?
3) You have to activate the mask yourself, it doesn't come up automatically. But in combat, it is likely you would have it up more often than not.
4) The shield repels even attacking beings, as seen when Onua pushes an infected Lewa away from himself with it. If the shield is up, can a person pass through it if they are calmly walking instead of violently attacking?
5) If not, can a Toa using a Mask of Intangibility or a Rahkshi with Density Control do so?
5) I wouldn't suggest that, as the energy of the mask might do nasty things to you
The Red Star
I will give you a scoop, which you can share (or not) as you choose -- a big part of the rest of this serial is going to take place inside the red star ... which is NOT altogether for what people think it is for ... and I will give you some things to keep in mind:
1) The beings in the red star
2) Jaller's death and rebirth in MOL, and exactly how and why it happened.
3) Why it was safe for Teridax to kill so many Makuta over the years
Mata Nui was supposed to be a self-sustaining system, and obviously, certain individuals played very important roles in maintaining it. In addition, it necessarily had finite resources for producing new beings to replace any lost in accidents, etc. Hence the red star -- a being who died inside Mata Nui would be teleported to the red star where their essence would be transplanted into another body and they would be sent back. Unfortunately, as with so many things related to Mata Nui's construction, it didn't work very well. The teleporting "to" worked but the teleporting "from" didn't, so a lot of newly revived dead folk were stuck on the satellite with no way to get back home.
1) Just to be 100% sure, Annona and the Red Star have no connection, correct?
1) I can't answer that
1) Do the inhabitants of the red star know that the Mata Nui robot and the prototype are both destroyed?
1b) Also, do they know that Spherus Magna is whole again or are they ignorant of what has happened on Bara Magna?
1c) What will happen to the red star now that the Mata Nui robot is no longer functioning?
1e) These questions won't happen to be answered in The Yesterday Quest, will they?
1) They would know about the MN robot, but not the prototype, as the prototype has nothing to do with them
1b) No, they do not, nor would they care
1c) It stays in orbit until that orbit decays
1e) Some may be
Why are some beings alive, like Mavrah, and others are not?
Matoro and the Makuta did not come back, for a simple reason. None of them have bodies anymore. The body is what is teleported up (which is why you don't see BIONICLE graveyards) and then either repaired or a new one is made to house the consciousness. If the body has been utterly destroyed, there is nothing to work with.
What is the nature of the lightning that struck 6 Matoran?
There was never supposed to be Matoran outside the robot. The Toa Mata failed to wake Mata Nui on time, and thus there were still Matoran outside on the islands of Mata Nui and Voya Nui. The lightning acts like a fail-safe to create new Toa outside the robot in case they are ever needed.
Fulfilling your destiny does not mean you cannot be revived. We have seen plenty of characters fulfill their destiny and yet live on. The point of the red star is basically that even Mata Nui is not self-sustaining if it loses too many beings (to an accident, say), the same way you could not survive if you lost too many blood cells without replacing them. We haven't SEEN Lhikan alive again, that doesn't mean he isn't.
Rahi can be revived, since they play a role in Mata Nui's functioning as well.
The Kanohi Tryna, the Mask of Reanimation, brings you back right away with all the damage -- red star takes a good deal longer, but repairs the damage.
Does the Red Star always work in reviving every dead being with an intact body or is it selective about what it chooses to resurrect? Rahi too?
No, it works in general, everyone has some role to play in the universe.
Can you name anyone other than Mavrah who [is] alive in the Red Star?
Basically, anyone whose body was not disintegrated would be there.
So no Matoro, no Brotherhood members, nobody who had no body left
How long ago was the Red Star broken? From the start, or was it due to the Great Cataclysm?
It stopped working quite a while before the events of Mystery of Metru Nui, which is why no one was looking around for Lhikan to come back.
Does this mean there are two Hydraxons alive now?
Yes, one up there, one down here.
Can the Red Star still teleport the dead MU inhabitants to it now that the MU is effectively destroyed, and if not, how was it able to reach the Matoran in canisters in Voya Nui to turn them into the Toa Inika?
It can't teleport right now, because the system is broken. As for the Inika, that wasn't teleportation at work, that was electrical discharge.
Is there any kind of injury that would bar a being from being revived by the Red Star? Like perhaps a missing limb?
No, there simply has to be a body left to work with.
Now what if someone with teleportation powers (like Brutaka with a functional Olmak or Botar) died could they escape the Red Star back to the Matoran Universe?
So does that mean Botar was too damaged to be saved by the Red Star?
No, it simply means that either a ) he reappeared someplace we have not seen him yet, or ...
b ) He was sufficiently messed up by the experience of dying and coming back that he doesn't know where he is and isn't focusing on getting back.
Does option B often happen to people? How aware are they of their circumstances?
Well, the folks encountered on the red star thus far did not seem too together to me.
What was the purpose of the red star on the map that Tarduk was following in the web serial?
It marked the location of a Great Being facility, the one in which the RS was built.
Okay, now what about the mental image of the Red Star that Tren Krom projected right before his death?
TK was killed by a Great Being. The RS image served two purposes -- to TK, it symbolized the Great Beings, and ..
it was a bit of irony .. as a completely organic being, the RS could not bring him back
As well as the fact that he was on Spherus Magna and the RS could not have brought him back anyways?
Well, we don't know that.The RS is keyed in to MU inhabitants.We don't know the fact that he was no longer in the MU would have made a difference. Might have made a difference to his being sent back ...
But the RS isn't sending anyone back now anyway.
5) Yes, but since there is no EP on SM, it's not going to come into play.
5) Is it possible that any of the EP within the MU might leak out onto Bara Magna?
7) Is the Energized Protodermis Entity still alive?
5) Possible, but not likely.
The Shadowed One
6. Is TSO dead?
6) No, he is not.
9) Has Voporak taken the Vahi to the Shadowed One?
9) No, TSO is off doing something else at the moment.
What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.
TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.
Are some of those "scum" guys following TSO from SM such as Bone Hunters or Skrall?
And others we haven't met yet
from other regions of SM
Did he use [viruses] on himself or is he just keeping them as a secret weapon?
Hello again, Mr. Farshtey.
Just some more questions.
When Aqua Magna was reunited, What happend to the oribting celetial body? (The one that looks like a moon.) This one
If Pahrak-Kal or Levak-Kal landed on Spherus Magna, what would be their first objective?
When Bota Magna and Aqua Magna Combined, Did either of the moons opened up and spread out, or was half the moon crushed against SM?
1) Again, depends on how fast AM moved. If it moved too fast, the moon would have been ripped out of its orbit.
2) The Kal's only mission is to save the Bahrag, and the Bahrag don't need saving, so they would go to sleep.
3) I don't understand your question
I'll use fruit as an example, BM is a melon, and Aqua magna and Bota magna are apples. If you put them together, all living things in between Bara Magna and Bota Magna would be crushed.
When the two moons merged with BM, did the planets open up and unfold, flat onto BM?
Or were all living things crushed between the planets?
Also, what prevented the water from Aqua Magna to flood parts of Bara Magna and drown the inhabitants?
Think of it this way -- you tear off a chunk of Earth, say with America on it, all the way down to the molten core. The top of the chunk is the surface of the Earth. So the sides of the chunk are what would have been the underground on Earth. Who's living there? Nobody. So if you put the chunk back in place, no one gets hurt.
Another analogy. You have a little flag stick in a patch of your lawn. You dig up that patch. Now you have the flag sticking out of the grass, and on every side, the dirt that was underneath that grass. If you then put the divot back in the lawn, the flag is not harmed.
As for Aqua Magna, what prevented it was me and the fact that Earth science only applies in BIONICLE when I want it to.
The Shadow Takanuva
10. Are all the Shadow Takanuva dead at this point, including the ones seen in Destral?
2. What happened to the Krana- Kal after the Bohrak-Kals defeat?
2a. What happened to the Krana after the Island of Mata Nui's destruction?
3. Can the Krana control beings such as Zyglak, or Skrall?
4. Are the Bahrag susceptible to mind control (or any form of suggestion, verbal or Non-verbal), that might change what they believe their mission is?
2) Some escaped, some didn't
2a) Depends on where they were at the time
3) Zyglak, yes, Skrall, no
Whether Greg can continue the story/Status of Bionicle Story.com
6) No idea. I was told that the BStory site would up through the end of 2011. I don't know if they plan to keep it up after that or if it will be shut down at that point.
1. Before I go into Sahmad's Tale, where most of questions lie, my first question is more of an extension of the previous PM I sent you. I'm aware that you have no idea if BStory will continue past 2011 or not. My question is, do you know what might determine whether it continues on or not?
1a. I had gotten the impression earlier that BStory's continuing might be based on traffic on the BStory site. If that is not true and I'm remembering or interpretting something wrong, disregard this question. Would reading the serials on BStory increase traffic, and thus potentially continuing the storyline, rather than reading on BS01? Again, if this is a wrong assumption in the first place... when you know what happens when assume...
1) It will most likely be decided by either the US Brand Manager or the team in Billund. While it is certainly not the most expensive site in the world to run, there is still a budget associated with it. Whether they want to continue maintaining that budget probably depends on the reasons they kept the site up in the first place.
1A) No idea. I have a lot of theories on why the site is up. In some, traffic would matter. In others, not so much, because the site might be up to continue using the BIONICLE trademarks publicly so they have legal protection.
2a) At the moment, no. I can only do BIONICLE story with permission from LEGO.
5) Do you have a set number of Serials you are going to do?
5) As many as I feel I reasonably have time for.
Thanks for reading. I welcome improvement suggestions as well as suggestions for new relevant quotes that I've missed.
And for all you nervous reporters, I did get this topic approved by bonesiii.
Edited by fishers64, Apr 01 2013 - 02:17 AM.