Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Ultimate_Kardas

Ah, it's good to be back. Anyway, what are some of the changes that you like or dislike to the new forum?I for one, am extremely saddened to see that the century gothic font is missing, and I do not intend to sleep until I have righted this cruel injustice. Also, it's sad not to see Hapori Tohu at the top. But I must say that blogs are much better, and I love the PM system. How about you? ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I definitely think that the overall posting system is better, especially the quick reply box. Before, you couldn't even use colors, and now you can use all the posting options. I also like the Rich Text Editor, and for me it completely eliminates the need for the Preview Post button. EDIT: Two other things I now love: the fact that in the forum index, you can highlight someone's name and it shows their stats and stuff like that, and the fact that when you click the edit button, it zoom/blurs down to the bottom of the page where you can edit. :3 -CM

Edited by Captain Marvel

Oh no, change. Hold me, guys. :fear: In all seriousness, most seem pretty good, and I do like the new feel of things. However, I wish a few features were present, such as "View New Posts," keeping old PM folder organization, and blog content block options. The new text editor also appears finnicky, altering format when it switches from BBC code to wysiwig. ~B~

I don't really like the whole lay-out of the forums on the main page, but I'll probably get used to it.I like a lot of the little things though, I love how much cleaner the little side things to the left of the posts look. (The one with my name, rank, etc), I like how the profiles look better, and I also love how when you recieve a PM you get a little "1" notification at the top of the page next to the envelope up their. That's all I've really noticed for now. EDIT: I also just noticed you can go to someones profile and look at their display name history, that's pretty cool.Sev

Edited by Republic Commando Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

A lot of the new stuff is great. You can see who follows your blog, the latest posts as the sidebar, the status update things... I don't like how your personal pic follows you around, however. It's quite annoying for those of us who have non-serious pics :P

I have to agree with most of these posts: The general aesthetics of this new forum system is beautiful. And the features are pretty darn cool, too. Sure, as Erebus said, this'll take some getting used to, but the rewards for the downtime are great. -The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

You can still use BBCode to enter any font, UK. Although I don't see a way to insert BBCode snippets anymore.... Anyways, I find the new aesthetic kind of bland (for better or worse), but all the new features are really cool. I haven't tried them all yet, but overall they seem to be useful and make this site feel modern. Still bummed that I can't figure out how to add code snippets though. I never liked RTF formatting on the web. Also the potential content block glitches are a downer, but I have yet to experience those issues. All in all it's good to have this site back. Oh yeah and my signature is fried. Lulz.

Edited by Wolven

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I have mixed feelings about it. I love the new features; how replies appear, posts that accumulate while you're typing your own appear as well, other such related features, these are nifty. However, I'm very disappointed with the overall aesthetic; maybe it's just the lack of skin, but the forum seems really dry and impersonal with the color scheme, and the sections themselves seem almost haphazardly put together. Navigating is also a lot more difficult, both in the forum and the blogs, so I'm not liking that much at all. Overall, with six months, I feel like we could have gotten way more out of it, but there's always hope that things will evolve and improve over (even more =P) time.

Edited by Dorek

I think that it is a nice design, and is much cleaner and more modern. I think that it serves all the needs and meets up to the old forum, and surpasses it by far. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The only thing that frustrates me is that I can't see the BBcode as I type. There's a lot less potential for making mistakes when formatting large posts, but I'm so used to it that I can't help but to be a little annoyed. Oh, and there's also the fact that I don't have a link that goes directly to my blog, but that's a minor inconvenience. On the plus side, it looks fantastic, and the feature to see if another member posts in a topic while you're writing your reply is amazing. I look forward to staying here. =D

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I'm happy with just about everything. The one thing that I am disappointed with is not having access to my blog or my favourited blogs with the click of a button, but it's a minor sacrifice for having the forums back and looking so very spiffy.

On a related note, I'd like to give a huge thank-you to Big D, B6 and Bink for putting in all the work they did.

-

:l: :flagcanada:

It's going to take some time to get used to, but I'm lovin' the new modern look. Plus the premier perks... WHO DOESN'T LOVE FREE PMSHIP!! At least for a little while, BUT STILL!! FREE!! Free is another word for happiness my friend, free is another word for happiness. P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

Everything that is changed now grates on my soul. Arg! No tohu and now sky blue! Arg! Silly rich text editor that messes with me! Arg silly popup on log-in! I'll probably get used to it in a few weeks, but please don't blame me if I post in the wrong forums for the next few weeks.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The only thing I've seen that I very much dislike is how images are handled in signatures. It's just so awkward... (If it's done like that elsewhere I don't know yet, but if it is... Ugh.) ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I have to say, I do so love the new PM system.The new blogs are rather annoying to navigate...Aaaand finally went to edit my post. Yikes that got confusing. Good thing I can still just type out my font as fast ever. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."