Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

Also, Oh dear.

OOC: Click, click, bang, bang. ;)

Konuju: Chances are this won't be as creepy. And actually Jeri-Type had no influence on it, interestingly--although there was a shadowy creature from a particular game series that did.

I wish you luck in your endeavor. =)

IC - Kyle Eston/Ilios/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: "How is that possible...?" Kyle said in disbelief, staring, immobile, at Sombra. This... thing was no longer a Pokémon. No; it had transformed itself into something directly out of a nightmare, a monster born from the darkest depths of the world. Even Ilios seemed to hesitate in his attempt to fight it, staring uncertainly at Sombra's new form. The Liberty agent could hardly move his hand toward a Pokéball, let alone move from where he stood.

He was frozen. That was the fact of the matter. In mere moments victory had been snatched away from them, like a rug pulled directly out from underneath their feet. Their courage had begun to fail them--it had failed him. As far as he could tell, the game was up. Kyle had lost. What hope was there now, when the very unity that had brought so many together to confront this evil had been turned on its head, used against them, taken as a means to transform their enemies into a single, unbreakable foe?

Kyle's hand dropped to his side, eyes transfixed on Sombra.

"You're seriously going to let this guy stop youi?"

Ilios looked on uncertainly, thoroughly disturbed by the sight of his brothers' and sisters' faces and features distributed throughout Sombra's body. In a way, the sight saddened him, though he had expected something like this to happen after what he had seen in Lilycove. With a deep breath, the Darkrai clenched his fists, pulling forth cold energy in one hand and fire energy in the other, coat both with flickering flames and ice. In this form, he had no idea what Sombra was capable of, and as such, the only thing he could hope to do was experiment and see what would work and what wouldn't.

He dearly hoped something would. If not... Ilios could not forgive himself for not delaying Sombra's release any further. Raising a hand, the Ninth Darkrai launched a barrage of green fireballs at Sombra, preparing to follow the attack up with an Ice Beam.

Of herself, Kyle, and Ilios, Sheik was perhaps the only one who did not lose faith upon seeing Sombra's new form. If anything, the renewed challenge only drove her further. They had, after all, managed to defeat the eight hostile Darkrai for a time, had they not? Individual or combined, it did not matter--the amount of power still had to be roughly the same. And for the sake of everyone back home, around the world, they had no choice but to emerge victorious here.

With a mighty roar, Sheik used Rain Dance, summoning a cloud directly above Sombra. The next instant, electricity began to dance around the condensed water, before a powerful bolt of lightning shot down from the heavens, crackling with power and burning with a righteous fury.

IC - Jackson Sang/Tobias Elton - Below Chapel: "Thirty seconds, Mister Sang."

Thirty seconds.

"Thirty seconds," Elton repeated calmly as the needles whirred, as they descended toward various points on the Gym Leader's body. She was facedown on the table, her head placed in a restraint so as to provide the easiest access to the back of her neck. That appeared to be the main point of interest--that was where the main needle was going. But others... Others were on the move, too. They were moving elsewhere, to different spots on her head.

Mental Override Augmentation.

Twenty-eight seconds.

"The process takes exactly thirty seconds--right now," the Sci-Xec continued. "That is what it takes to create an imperfect product--to make a person more open to suggestion. To do so without providing permanent damage to their outward appearance. We try to avoid that, you see..."

Twenty-two seconds.

"But, of course, if we want to create an even better soldier--place hidden programs in their mind, completely obliterate their sense of self, make them a slave to our agendas... Why, that takes a bit more. That is the process we meant for you. For you see, as I've mentioned, Team Rocket's leadership has stagnated. Sleight and Joker... These are no longer effective leaders. We require someone capable of overpowering them. Naturally, you're at the top of the list in that department."

Fifteen seconds.

The needles were getting uncomfortably close to Misty. Jackson thought she was unconscious. Her sudden screams proved otherwise.

"The only issue was how to convince you, how to get you down here... But, it seems as if that issue has taken care of itself, has it not?"

Twelve seconds.

"Enjoy the sight while you can, Sang," Elton said triumphantly as his guards moved forward, guns still trained on the motionless, silent assassin and his Ditto. "In a little while, you're going to become out next weapon."

The needles punctured.

Five seconds.

No.

A flash. A gust of wind. Surprised shouts, the bangs of guns firing. Smoke clearing. Groans of pain from the guards as the smoke cleared. Elton's smirk flickered as he peered through the cloud, just barely able to make out two shapes--one very different from what he had seen before. And as the cloud dispersed, he heard the metallic screech of a motor being forced to a standstill, and then the telltale crunch of something metal being crushed.

His eyes widened in shock.

Tracer had assumed the form of the scientist's Gothitelle. His hands were raised, eyes glowing, one palm held toward the now-broken machinery, suspending it in midair, and the other facing the scientist. A dozen bullets had stalled to a complete stop in the air between Jackson, Tracer, and the guards, shots blocked from hitting the Ditto and his trainer. Jackson himself stood with his hands in his pockets, still facing away from Elton. The scientist's shock was punctuated by the clattering of the bullets as they fell to the floor amidst the psychically-injured guards. Around the room, all of the other scientists and personnel were in a similar state.

"Two things I can't stand," Jackson said quietly, just loud enough for the words to resound like the ringing of a bell in Elton's ears. "People who are so overconfident as to tell me their plans... and those who smirk whilst doing the former." He turned, a cold, almost bored expression on his face. "Sound familiar?"

Elton managed to close his mouth again, smiling again as Jackson turned and began walking toward him. "This sounds very familiar," he said. "May I say something before you kill me?"

"Sure," Jackson said, though did not slow down. Elton's expression faltered for a moment, and he began to back up. "Make it quick."

"I shall," the executive said. "It's a simple thing: I minored in acting."

Jackson stopped. He stared at Elton. "... And?"

Now Elton's confidence seemed to return. His grin broadened, stretching across his face until his skin refused to move any further. "I minored in acting," he repeated. "And I was quite good at it, too. So, perhaps it will come as no surprise when I say that I genuinely was testing you with that little performance--and that everything is going according to plan already."

"You must be very good at improvising on the spot, if you already had all of this planned out," Jackson said. "I thought you weren't aware I was coming?"

"Dear boy, I knew from the moment I accessed the prison logs," Elton said. "That was a long walk back, if you recall. I had time to plan." He reached into his lab coat. Just as he pulled his hand back out, Jackson rushed forward, slamming into the old man and knocking him to the ground. In one, smooth motion, he had produced a knife and driven it between the executive's ribs, causing the old man to scream out in pain.

He was too late.

Jackson rolled back, eyes widening as he saw the remote in the man's hand. It bore only a single set of buttons, and Elton had pressed two of them--the first opening a set of cages around the room, smaller than the one that the assassin had seen the new prisoners brought into, and the second sending some sort of signal to the people within. Elton chuckled weakly as three people emerged from the cage, all horribly scarred and with vacant looks in their eyes, all utterly zombie-like in appearance. But they were not. They still lived.

Even through the scars, Jackson recognized them. It was impossible not to. Two of them were virtually identical, short, mid-thirties with black hair--the twin Gym Leaders of Mossdeep City, Tate and Liza. The other was unmistakable. Equal in age, taller than both, clad in tattered black and blue clothes.

Ash Ketchum.

Jackson's target.

"I lost...?" Jackson said disbelievingly, his grip loosening on the scientist's coat. He looked in horror at the scientist. "What have you done...?"

"Behold... the fruits of our labor..." Elton laughed, lying his head down and closing his eyes. "Soldiers loyal... to the core... Have fun, Mr. Sang..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Oh man... Well, this is an interesting plot twist for the Jackson Sang plot.-==IC: Ray==-"What; are you all just going to give up hope here and now?" Ray asked, fighting against his own urge to just give up here and now."Yeah; that... thing is monstrous. I won't deny that. But we can't just give up. Not here, not now, not ever." Ray said, as he took a subtle step forward, surprising Jenny at his willingness to keep going. Her confidence had been drained by the sudden transformation; even if they had both expected something to happen, this was not anything like they expected."We have to keep fighting, until this is all over. Otherwise, what were we fighting for? Come on guys; snap out of it! We can win this; we just have to try." Ray stated, as he sent out his Pokemon quickly. Aizen in particular was beginning to glow, and Ray grimly frowned."And right now, we need all the help we can get."OOC: This is going to be an interesting fight, considering I don't have any Pokemon that truly have ranged attacks that work on Sombra. =P

OOC forgot about this again...What's the status of the Void Towers and the Sinjoh ruins?IC Vincent"I hear battle," I whispered, leaning my head towards the tower. "Perhaps he has come to stop us? Perhaps our are comrades winning? No matter." With fluid grace, I leapt off of the bike and pointed with my staff towards the Darkrai. "At your ready."

IC Kaito"Very well." the Darkrai replied. "Come at me with everything you have, it makes no difference." "You asked for it," Kaito replied. "Gon! Ka! Ren!" The three Pokémon leapt out. "Gon, Sand Tomb! Ka, Quiver Dance! Ren, Signal Beam! Gon, of course, instead used Bide. While Ka Quiver Danced, Ren fired a Signal Beam at the Darkrai. Kaito turned to Vincent. "Try to lure it into using Dark Void, I have a plan."

aouROFb.png

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Chapel

Lafoyae stalked the hallways of Chapel, her eyes unusually focused for some reason. No one seemed to care about what she was doing. To them she didn't matter one bit. They didn't know what was going on in her head.....

She had been hearing screams in her mind for a long while now. They went away whenever she left Chapel, but they always came back when she returned. She couldn't go to Sleight about this, seeing as she was his number two assassin. She could not afford to show ANY weakness to him. The last time the screams occurred, they seemed to double in loudness. All the screams rang with anguish and despair. She had to know what was causing this before they drove her mad.

She had been investigating what had been causing them for a while now, but no matter where she looked, she couldn't find any clues. All she could do was continue looking. She had stalked every part of Chapel, but to no avail.

Lafoyae was walking towards the brig when she saw a large group of guards walk away from it. Lafoyae saw they had five prisoners. She did a quick mental probe on one of the prisoners and shocked at what she had seen.

The prisoner was afraid, despite not showing it. She repeated probes on the other prisoners and got the same result. Fear. Pure, unadulterated, fear. This was different from the other prisoners she had read into down there. Most where afraid of just being there. Why would a prisoner be afraid of being taken AWAY from there?

Lafoyae decided to follow them, making sure to keep her distance. She didn't want to risk an unnecessary confrontation. As she followed them, she noticed they were staying away from the more active parts of Chapel. They must have some reason for staying away. She then saw them enter a door, Lafoyae followed them through it, making sure to keep quiet. She continued to follow them into an almost foreign part of Chapel. Almost at once, she noticed someone join the group. An oddly shady person who almost didn't look like a person. But after a second, he looked like one of the guards. Lafoyae raised her eyebrow at this occurrence. She must be on the right track. Lafoyae finally saw the group enter a room and shut the door behind them. Lafoyae decided to wait and see what was going to happen.

Lafoyae heard gunshots echo from inside. She sprung into action and attempted to open the door. Unfortunately, it was locked and it seemed Lafoyae didn't have a key. What she did have though, was a Conkeldurr. She sent him out of his poke ball. The Conkeldurr bowed before his master, awaiting an order.

"No time for that now.", Lafoyae telepathically said to her pokemon, "Rip that door off it's hinges."

With that order, Conkeldurr walked towards the door, put his canes down, and proceeded to pull on the door. slowly but surely, the door was ripped off it's hinges. Lafoyae was shocked at what she had seen inside. Jackson Sang, Tate, Liza, and Ash Ketchum were inside, along with several of the guards from earlier.

"Jackson Sang, what is happening here?" Lafoyae asked telepathically, her Conkeldurr still holding the door.......

Edited by Hades

IC Vincent"Very well," I said to myself. "Mikaruge! Torchio! Lulu!" While the Spiritomb erupted from the staff, the other two pokemon began to circle the Darkrai. "Judging by the fact that this guy came all the way out here to stop us, I'd guess that there's some trouble going on at the Void Tower."OOC is Karen still with us?

IC - Sombra Battle:

Seth growled, as he released Elegan from her Poke Ball. The Kirlia stared in shock at the monstrosity that hovered before her, but a calming pat from Seth brought her focus. “Magical Leaf!” Seth called out, as Kirlia let loose the leaves, aiming to add her own attack power to the united forces.

Sombra laughed as the attacks came towards him, extending his arms in a welcoming motion. As the attacks all came closer to him. However, at the last second, he shield burst forth from Seven’s face, saving Sombra from the force of the attacks. “Is that the best that you have for me? How pathetic… What happened to the power that I faced earlier?” Sombra taunted, signalling with his hand once more. Bursting from the shadows, Five emerged at high speeds, aiming to deliver a Brick Break to his former master. Sombra simply turned, snickered, before fading into the blackness that was the walls of the room.

Five gazed around in shock, frantically searching for where Sombra could have ended up, only to have his search come to a halt by Sombra bursting forth from the wall, delivering a Focus Punch with his right hand, which featured Four’s eye. ”Ugh!” Five exclaimed, as he was knocked down, while Sombra merely continued onwards, disappearing into the wall again.

As everybody searched and braced themselves, Sombra appeared once more, this time beneath Jaydes, raising his other hand, featuring Three’s visage, from which an Icy Wind was launched. “You may now cease your incessant singing!” Sombra growled, aiming to take out the Ghost-type and put a stop to the Lucky Chant which had previously limited his power.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC Kaito"Pathetic..." the Darkrai taunted. He proceeded to blast the field with Dark Pulse. "Ka, Bug Buzz!" Kaito called out. Ka withstood the not very effective attack and retaliated with a boosted Bug Buzz. "Now, Ren, Conversion2, then Signal Beam!" Changing into the Steel type, Ren blasted away.OOC: I think so.

aouROFb.png

OOC: Constructman: Void Towers are still being attacked. Sombra has absorbed the other Ancients (minus Five and Nine) and has renewed the battle against himself. Things are looking pretty bad right about now.

I feel almost empty now that I have no more sprites to work on... I should find a way to fix that.

IC - Lilycove Strike Team - Lilycove City: The sight before Goldhawk was awe-inspiring, to the point where he was hardly able to concentrate on the enemy Pokémon attacking his own. High above the battlefield, Rayquaza wasted no time post-appearance in flying toward the Void Tower, flanked on all sides by allied Pokémon both wild and trained, all acting as a vanguard to cut a path toward the structure through the throngs of defenders. With a mighty roar, the Sky Pokémon shot forward, a large, V-shaped flame erupting before it as it charged toward the tower. Even as far away as he was, the resulting boom was enough to stagger Goldhawk, momentarily causing the fighting around the area to cease.

It was a perfect opportunity for Goldhawk and Bounty to stare in shock at the aftermath.

Where Rayquaza had struck--and it had struck hard, easily breaking through one side of the tower and other the other--a massive hole had appeared in the tower, easy to identify amidst its swirling exterior. But what was more disconcerting was what lay inside of it. Through the darkness that stitched together the tower's injuries, a massive, glowing eye could be seen, gazing out angrily from the depths of the shadows. Its iris was icy blue in color, reminiscent of a Darkrai's eyes. It seemed to glower angrily at Rayquaza before launching a powerful Dark Pulse-esque attack at the dragon, striking it and causing the Sky Pokémon to roar out in pain, momentarily retreating. Within seconds, the tower had been repaired, hiding the eye once more.

Goldhawk's reverie broke as the attack on his Pokémon renewed, the image of the eye burned into his mind. As he ordered his Magnezone to fend off an approaching Weavile, the Liberty Leader felt himself bump into someone behind him. A swift investigation revealed the person to be Bounty, who was busy issuing commands to his own Pokémon as the enemy forces became more aware of who was commanding the group of attacks.

"Bet you never expected to be back to back with a Team Liberty leader," Goldhawk said to the Shadow Admin, his tone suggesting that they were merely meeting each other for a cup of coffee.

"Life's full of surprises," Bounty replied drily. "Aggron, Metal Burst!" He turned his head, nodding at the Void Tower. "Did you see that eye?"

Goldhawk fired his stun gun at a Gengar that had leaped at him. "I did," he said. "Think it might be worth attacking?"

"Wouldn't hurt to try," Bounty replied, shrugging. Without so much as a grimace, he stepped to the side as a Sableye attempted to strike, swatting it aside with his cane. "Best hurry, though. Wouldn't want you to strain yourself or anything..."

Goldhawk smirked. "Don't break a hip," he answered. Waving a hand, he managed to catch the attention of one of their Latios. The Eon Pokémon flew down toward him, stopping in midair. "Latios! Deliver a message to the Weather Legends for me, would you?" Latios nodded, establishing a mental connecting with Goldhawk. As soon as the Liberty Leader had relayed his plan to the Pokémon, Latios turned, flying toward Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon...

IC - Jackson Sang - Below Chapel: No part of this situation was right... was it? Jackson really did not know. He had worked so hard, harder than usual, to complete his mission, and for the first time, his efforts had been fruitless. He had lost. How was that even possible? He was Jackson Sang. The Wolf God Assassin. He was the world, and it was his playground, existent solely for the purpose of being bent to his absolute whims. There was no place in his world for failure, at least not on his part--that simply did not, could not happen.

Yet it had. And that troubled him. So much so that as he continued to stare in disbelief at Elton's unmoving face, he did not react to the sudden crash of metal as Lafoyae Belrose made an appearance, accompanied by her Conkeldurr. Nor did he respond for a moment as she attempted to figure out what was going on, her mind touching only a blank slate of confusion and loss, eclipsed only by the total mental dead zones found in the minds of the three trainers approaching him. It was only when Jackson felt the air around himself beginning to crackle with energy that his mental processes seemed to snap back into action--albeit loosely, shaken as the very foundations of his worldly beliefs. With an angry yell, he spun, slamming his foot into the Lunatone that had approached him and knocking it away.

He said nothing as he rolled back, only letting a rapid series of images and disconnected words feed back into Lafoyae's mind, a condensed version of everything that had transpired there and what Elton had implied about his project, before shutting the woman out completely. Landing next to Tracer, Jackson stood up, expression one of fury as he stared down the three brainwashed trainers. Each of them stared at the two assassins with utterly blank expressions as they released their Pokémon onto the field. Ash released his Pikachu and Krookodile, who were joined by Liza's Lunatone and Gardevoir and Tate's Solrock and Claydol.

They, too, bore blank expressions.

No fixing this... Jackson thought, clenching his fist. ###### it... Am I really going to have to end it like this? He closed his eyes. Doesn't matter. They're just walking corpses now, aren't they? Nothing left to fix. Just another target...

He barely tapped Walker's and Claire's Pokéballs, releasing them alongside Tracer. "Gotta do this, guys," he said flatly. "Come on--I'm afraid we have to put some unfortunate souls out of their misery."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Feral Tierra, Sinnoh Void Tower

Feral did not see the attacks coming. Almost at once, his left arm had been obliterated by the Hyper Beam, and his right arm torn off by the Dragon Claw. Feral took several deep, harsh breaths. Feral looked at the Dragonite in front of him, his eyes full of anger and contempt.

"You are right.", Feral said, his voice shaking with anger, "You fleas have quite the bite! Guess I'll have to bow out for now! The Tower has yet to have it's fun with you fools anyway!"

Feral then sat down on the sidelines and watched what would happen to these people. He had regenerating to do.............

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Below Chapel

Lafoyae was shocked at the images she had seen, but quickly straightened up. She was an assassin. But most of all, she was human. She saw that there was no going back for these poor people. The least she could do was make their end as peaceful as possible.

"Conkeldurr, Mach Punch on the Krookodile and don't hold back." Lafoaye ordered her Pokemon.

Lafoyae's Conkeldurr rushed towards Ash's Krookodile, and slugged it with all his might.......

OOC: Thankfully, it appears nothing was lost in the hack... Sigh...

Welp, hope everyone else is doing fine.

IC - Jackson Sang/Ash, Tate, Liza - Chapel: A loud crash sounded as Conkeldurr's attack landed, knocking the Krookodile back and into a computer setup. Sparks flew from the monitors as the Ground-Type's heavy body crushed the electronic devices, leaving him temporarily immobile. Slowly, the crocodile pushed itself to its feet. As it lifted its head, its cracked sunglasses fell to the ground, revealing its blackened, blank eyes to the combatants. It made no sound, no indication that it was injured, simply standing straight as the others were and awaiting an order.

It did not come verbally.

With as bland an expression as could be had, Ash simply raised a hand out toward Jackson and Lafoyae, a movement mimicked by Tate and Liza. As soon as they did this, their Pokémon reacted. Krookodile charged toward Conkeldurr, tail thrashing behind it as the Intimidation Pokémon used Foul Play. Pikachu ran forward, launching a Thunderbolt at Lafoyae. Lunatone and Solrock both glowed with energy for several seconds, before unleashing Psywave attacks at Claire and Walker. With a spin, Claydol moved forward, arms rotating toward a single point, from which a destructive Earth Power erupted toward Jackson's team. Gardevoir remained before the three trainers, erecting a psychic barrier around them.

All this without a single word.

Jackson did not wait around to see what Lafoyae would do. Instead, he and his team split up, each of the four hopping away from the attacks in a different direction, injured only by the shrapnel from where the energy blasted through the floor. Walker landed, and with a whistle, zipped forward with a Quick Attack, striking Solrock. As he rebounded, the Sun Pokémon caught the Grovyle in midair with Psychic, blasting Walker's mind with waves of mental energy before launching him across the room. He was barely caught by Tracer, who leaped up and flipped as he landed again.

Claire ran around Claydol, catching the Psychic/Ground-Type's attention with a flourish. Giggling happily, her eyes glinted as she used Detect, avoiding the Clay Doll Pokémon's retaliatory Earth Power. With it distracted, Jackson slid forward, spinning and the ground and slamming his boot into the Claydol's chest. It was sent, spinning, toward Lunatone, slamming into and briefly stunning it. Rolling sideways, Jackson pulled a knife from his pocket, which he spun and threw at Gardevoir's leg...

IC - Kyle Eston/Ilios/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: In a whirlwind of darkness, Ilios appeared behind Daseos, catching Five much as the other Darkrai had done for him. Without another word, he disappeared again, this time enveloping Jaydes and whisking her away as Sombra emerged, taking the brunt of the Master's Icy Wind. With a grimace, Ilios turned, thrusting a hand out in retaliation and launching a point-blank Ice Beam at Sombra...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Sombra:

Sombra had no time to react, unable to throw up a Protect, meaning that the nightmarish Darkrai was forced to take the full force of the attack. Spinning backwards, Sombra crashed to the ground, clutching his face and unleashing a horrible sound, a scream made up of each of the absorbed Darkrai. As Sombra hovered briefly, a low chuckle emitted from the Alpha, raising his head to reveal his empty eyes, merely cracking his neck. Around the room, the darkness began to swirl and grow upwards, though what was happening was not obvious to those within it. "Please, sir, may I have another?" Sombra mocked, showing no sign of being injured as much as he made himself appear. "Ilios... How disappointing, how my right hand has fallen from my favor. We could have brought about utter peace, and yet here we are, with you siding with those who would choose to fight against us and our ideals, while I remain here, uniting our siblings for the cause we so strove for." Extending his legs, containing the eyes of Two, Sombra kicked towards his former ally, unleashing a Spacial Rend at Nine with his legs, aiming to try to further weaken the one he had analyzed as his single largest threat. "But as you can see, I no longer have a need for one such as you!"

~Det

IC: Dack

"The... the tower?" Dack repeated in surprise.

"We knew the tower had regenerating abilities, similar to Mr. 'Spacial Horror' here, but I never would have guessed the tower would be sentient to some degree," Palmer said with a frown. "But I suppose it makes sense... we saw that giant eye thing attack Ho-Oh. Don't let your guard down. Cresselia, replenish our Safeguard." The Frontier Brain cautiously glanced around the room, keeping an eye on Feral in case the Spacial Horror tried to attack again.

IC: Ryan/Ellen

Ellen leapt away from the wall she had been backed up against when she saw Sombra phase through the walls to attack Five. There was nowhere to hide... no place was safe. The way Sombra shrugged off Ilios's attack just made Ellen's heart sink further into the pit of her stomach.

Ellen! Entei cried weakly. I need your help... do you have any berries with you? No response. Ellen, I need you to pull it together, the Legendary Beast said urgently. Where is that courage you had earlier?

When Ellen still didn't respond, Entei faced her and unleashed the loudest roar he could muster. The girl jumped in surprise as she finally took her eyes off the Alpha Darkrai. "What? Oh... berries? Let me check..." Still in a daze, Ellen reached into her bag and pulled out two Sitrus Berries. "This is all I have left..."

It will do, Entei said as he ate the berries, feeling his strength returning to him. Turning back toward Sombra, the Legendary Beast sent a Lava Plume toward the Darkrai.

"Come on, everyone, back me up!" Ryan cried when he saw that only a few others had actually dared to attack the monstrosity before them. But even as he said this, he shuddered at how ineffective Nine's attack had been.

As Sombra taunted Ilios about how his right hand had fallen from his favor, Ryan glanced at the Master Darkrai's literal right hand, which featured Four's eye. An idea started to form in his mind.

"His body is an amalgamation of the other Ancient Darkrai," he said. "What if we attacked each part individually?" The Liberty Agent quickly looked over Sombra's body. "Quil and Mismagius, attack the shoulders! Dewott, Razor Shell on his left hand, Aggron, Mud Slap on his right! Togie, Aura Sphere his chest! Everyone get ready to move if he tries to attack!"

Typhlosion shot a Flamethrower at the point where One's head formed a shoulder, while Mismagius sent a Power Gem at the shoulder made by Seven. Dewott tossed her scalchop, aiming for Three's features, and Aggron swiped his tail against the ground, sending mud flying toward Four's eye. As Togie launched an Aura Sphere at Sombra's chest, Ryan aimed his hand toward the Alpha Darkrai's head. The Project Harmony armor glowed red as a volley of fireballs shot toward Ten.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Sombra:

As Sombra was about to use the Spacial Rend, he suddenly cancelled the move, One's visage sending out a dark force as Sombra turned to face the Pokemon aiming towards him.. "How brave, you all attack me at once, thinking that's going to do any damage. Well then? Go on!" Sombra Taunted. Extending his arms outwards, he allowed the force of every attack to strike him, creating a burst of energy. When the dust cleared, Sombra still stood, visibly damaged, but not showing any sign of slowing down. "Perfect. Now let me try." From Sombra's back, Two's form emerged, his form almost winglike. "How about a little payback?!" With a flap of his 'wings', Sombra let loose a wave of energy, aimed towards Ryan's Pokemon, spreading out the damage in order to try to hit a wider area.

~Det

IC: Evan Tierra/Klim Prizak, Sinjoh Ruins

"All right, NOW!", Evan shouted, "Gnip, Monstro, and Hippowdon, Earthquake and no holding back! Lazengann, take the hit for Ryan's pokemon!

Gnip, Monstro, and Hippowdon stomped their feet onto the ground and roared together. The resulting shockwave caused several pillars to fall down onto Sombra, causing some measure of damage to the Alpha Darkrai. Lazengann leapt in front of Ryan's Pokemon and took the brunt of the Payback. Afterwards, Lazengann fell to the ground, still conscious. The Excadrill breathed heavily as he slowly got back up, wincing with every movement.

"Return, Lazengann!", Evan said as he returned his Excadrill to his Poke Ball, "You fought valiantly, but let the others take it from here!"

Klim breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Jaydes wasn't harmed by Sombra's attack. They had to find a way to crush this guy quickly, lest he win.

"Moriarty, rush him with a Fire Punch!", Klim shouted, "Edison, use Discharge on him!"

Moriarty flew towards Sombra, fist alight with blue flames, while Edison crackled with electricity, aiming to loose it upon Sombra.......

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik/Ilios - Sinjoh Ruins: Ilios raised his arms to defend himself, though was still struck point-blank by the Spacial Rend. It knocked him back, tearing at his body and damaging him. With a grimace, the Darkrai clenched his fists and the muscles in his arms, holding them against his head for a moment as he gritted his teeth, waiting for the pain to subside. When it did, he looked up, doing his best to hide his injuries yet obviously shaking slightly in pain.

"This is not unity, Sombra," he spat. "Unity is working together to help one another, covering each others' weaknesses and helping to support one another. What you've done is devour my brothers and sisters, taken what was theirs for yourself. Claim it as you will, but no amount of merging will ever change the truth of the matter!"

Drawing his arms back, Ilios slashed the air in front of him, claws disappearing as he retaliated with his own Spacial Rend. His hand appeared before Sombra, a black glove reaching out from the shadows, glowing with energy as he aimed at the eyes in Sombra's chest...

This thing is going to beat us.

"Really, now? That's a far cry from earlier..."

I didn't know the truth until now. It's hopeless...

"Oh, please. You're such a disappointment, if that's what you really think."

Kyle closed his eyes. He was in a dark room, dotted with random splotches of white. The sounds of battle disappeared from around him as he retreated into the safety of his mind, back to the place he had fallen to in Driftveil. It was quiet. Statues lined the room, one for each of his Pokémon, all surrounding him, all directly across from a similar, darker statue. He stood in their center, in the white, immobile. Before him, Kyle saw nothing, nothing but the impenetrable depths of a shadowy pillar.

From it, a figure emerged.

Himself. Darker. Recognizable.

Familiar.

Keston Ail.

"You're quite an irritating case, you know that?" the shadow-self said. "One moment you're all gung-ho, 'Let's do this! We can win, guys!' So confident in your power, so determined, so certain that nothing can defeat you if you just try. And then the next... 'I can't do this. We're all dead. Let's just give up." Forget everything else you've said, when the going get's tough, you just plain snap." Keston crossed his arms, shaking his head. "You're all bark and no bite, I'm afraid."

"I am not!"

"Yeah, you say that now, but really--what have you done, exactly, to prove otherwise?" Keston asked. "You fought Hayes--and lost. You fought Black--and lost. You fought Eight, lost, and now, you're fighting Sombra... and essentially lost. One failure after another, right?" Kyle did not answer. "Am I right?"

He did not answer, instead looking away. Keston merely crossed his arms, watching Kyle as the Liberty Agent considered this. Then, "You're right," he admitted. Then, looking Keston directly in the eye, "but I beat you."

"That's right." His darker side smiled. "You defeated your inner evil--the hardest battle. And that's all that matters here." He stepped forward, pointing at Kyle's head. "So stop thinking about it. Stop doubting your abilities. Because you aren't just hurting yourself--you're hurting everyone around you." Keston lowered his hand, pointing to his other self's chest. "Besides, if there's one thing you seem to be good at, it's supporting others. As you should be doing now. Don't let Sombra take that away from you..."

A rush of sound accompanied Kyle's return to conscious thought, just in time to see the latest series of events. They did nothing to slow him down. Straightening his back, he stepped forward, grabbing three Pokéballs and hurling them into the air as his eyes began to glow, enveloping him, his Pokémon, and those of his allies in a warm, purple light, radiating energy of a kind foreign to Sombra's shadows.

Hope.

Brilliant flashes of light announced the arrival of Jaeda, Daiga, and Kitheus on the field, all refreshed and ready to renew their fight.

"Let's get to it, guys!" Kyle called. "Jaeda, Flamethrower! Daiga, Defense Curl and Rapid Spin, go! Kitheus, Lock-On and Tri-Attack!"

They complied.

A roar sounded as Kyle's Charizard flapped her wings, flying toward and then around Sombra, unleashing an empowered Flamethrower at the conglomeration of Darkrai. Daiga curled up tightly, raising his defense before beginning to roll in place with a car tire, drilling against the ground before launching himself forward with the force of a cannonball, aiming directly for Sombra. Kitheus remained behind again, three eyes locking on Ten before pulling forth energy and launching it in a three-tipped beam at the Master Darkrai.

Seeing the renewed vigor in her partner, Sheik nodded at Kyle, before running forward and charging her claws with energy. With her own fearsome roar, she slashed at Sombra, electricity crackling around her with every movement...

Playlist for Second Part of Kyle IC: "Burn My Dread - Last Battle" - Persona 3

By the by, I know I've asked this before, but with my blog essentially gone for the foreseeable future and with no further way to edit the profiles section of it, perhaps it would be in our best interest to make a discussion topic at this point? Its primary purpose, of course, would be for profiles, and I wouldn't mind putting a link in my signature for quick access to it.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Sure; I wouldn't mind a discussion topic myself. Might help me keep my profiles accessible for once, too. =P-==IC: Ray==-Ray had taken a step back to simply watch the flow of battle for the moment, noticing Kyle just stand around for a while, before going on the attack with more energy than before."Well then, let's get to it ourselves." Ray said, feeling the power of reverse was still not able to be used again, which made him inwardly worry. That usage earlier had been so useful; and yet now it was unusable, right when they needed it. Ray also worried about the sheer fact that he had no Pokemon with ranged attacks, when this foe could teleport. Ray, however, then paused, as he smiled."AIZEN! Time for you to help out even more." Ray said, as the Abra glowed and evolved into a Kadabra."Let's do this... Time to defeat this thing once and for all... Teleport Zangetsu to where he can help attack Sombra!" Ray yelled out, as the newly evolved Kadabra smirked, and nodded.OOC: Profile coming as soon as I find Aizen's old profile. =P

Even with Lazengann taking most of the hit, Ryan and his Pokemon still staggered back from Sombra's attack. "That didn't work out as well as I'd have liked," Ryan grunted as he watched Evan's Excadrill collapse.

The Liberty Agent and his Pokemon took a moment to recover as Kyle and the others started attacking the Master Darkrai. "That's the spirit!" Ryan smiled. He turned back to his team. "Alright Garchomp, Dragon Rush! Quil, let's give this Darkrai a Fiery Rollout! Togie, Aura Sphere!"

Glowing with a powerful energy, Grachomp charged toward Sombra with a mighty roar. Directly behind him the Typhlosion curled up into a ball ignited the flames on his back as he rolled at the combined Darkrai with a comination of Flame Wheel and Rollout. Beside Ryan, Togie launched another Aura Sphere.

As the purple glow that had enveloped Kyle's Pokemon extended to Ellen's Pokemon, a similar light appeared in Ellen's own eyes. But this felt different than her usual power of Space; instead of seeing the battlefield through Palkia's space-vision, Ellen instead felt a surge of hope well up inside her, chasing away her previous fear.

"Everyone else is trying their hardest," Ellen told her Pokemon. "So why shouldn't we? I didn't come all this way so I could hide in a corner -- I came here to fight, to put a stop to this darkness! I know it will be tough, but are you all willing to battle that monstrous Darkrai to end his reign?"

Do you even have to ask? Solo rolled his eyes as each of Ellen's Pokemon nodded in turn.

"Thanks guys," Ellen smiled. "Now's probably not the best time for this, but it means so much to me that you'll stand by me even in the face of danger. But enough of that... Solo, we need Reflect and Light Screen! Artemis, Aura Sphere! Terry, Work Up and Take Down! Chrono, Hone Claws and Slash! Maturin, Razor Leaf! Don't hold back!"

Terry gave several loud barks and Chrono sharpened his claws. Then, moving as one, the two Pokemon charged toward Sombra to deliver their respective attacks. Behind them, Artemis fired off a number of Aura Spheres which mixed with Maturin's Razor Leaf.

It's good to see your confidence return, Entei said to Ellen with the closest thing he could manage to a smile as sent another Lava Plume at the Alpha Darkrai.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC – Sinnoh Void Tower:

“Beeeeeeeeeeegooooooooooone…” A dark voice emanated from the Tower, as tendrils burst forth from the ground, wrapping around each other, as it became obvious what was happening before the eyes of everyone present, as a dark aura began to radiate from the eye of the tower. The tower was forming a body to fight for itself. As the tendrils snaked and slither up each other, like some strange twisted ritual, they clasped together, forming a solid figure. Massive and humanoid in shape, the creature was pitch-black, with a face that seemed to be covered in dark bandages of sorts. Upon its back was a mass of small twisted wings, while two long arms ended in massive claws. The being had no lower body, being connected to the room itself.

“Faaaaaaaaaace meeee….” The sound emanated from the eye watching the room, as it closed, before appearing upon the chest of the creature, which reared its nightmarish head, before slamming down upon the ground, sending a shockwave towards those that would dare enter the tower.

IC – Sombra:

The Master Darkrai was struck by the multitude of attacks, being strangely tossed around to take the force of each blow. Any who could see the face of the nightmarish creature would only see an eerie calmness overtaking the monster’s face. As Three’s eye glowed, Calm Mind helped to raise his resistance to special attacks, while at the same time, boosting his own power, though the Alpha could still feel a strange pain, unnatural to him. As Sombra recovered, while appearing battered and bruised, merely drew in power from the darkness around him, adjusting his posture, a low laugh coming forth from him. However, to only the keenest of eyes, one would notice how something seemed strange about Sombra’s current state, almost becoming more mist-like than before. “That was a cute little display that you have put on for me, humans,” Sombra hissed, his voice betraying the damage he had been forced to withstand. “That actually hurt me, I shall have you know. Pain such as that is something I have not felt in a long time. Your unity works for you, see you not what you can accomplish as a team? But I shall have you know, that teamwork will mean nothing to me!”

Raising his hand, Four’s eyes glowed with a bright purple energy as a sphere formed within the Darkrai’s claw. Swirling with pure darkness, the Dark Void rose up into the air, before bursting into multiple smaller orbs, aiming to put as many of the Pokemon present to sleep as it could. “Submit!” Sombra roared, as already Seth’s Kirlia and Klim’s Jaydes were struck by the spheres, instantly falling asleep, into a tormenting nightmare.

~Det

OOC: I meant to say something about the discussion topic in my last post, but it completely slipped my mind. Although I was initially against the idea, now I think it would definitely be useful. It might also be a good place to work on making that story summary we've mentioned a couple of times. I guess my only reservations about a discussion topic would be that every time I wanted to say something OOC, I wouldn't be sure if I should put it in this topic or the discussion topic.

Dack winced as the shockwave threw him and the others against the wall of the tower. "This is it," he said with a grimace. "If we defeat that thing, we can destroy the tower."

"Let's hope you're right," Luke said. "Machoke, Dynamic Punch!" The Machoke warily moved toward the nightmarish creature, aiming a punch at the point where the eye had disappeared into its chest.

"Luxray, Thunder Fang!" Dack cried. As Luxray leaped into the air and sank his teeth into one of the creature's arms, the Rocket Agent rolled his eyes at Luke. "This is a manifestation of the Void Tower itself; I'm willing to bet that eye is the tower's source of energy, its 'lifeforce' so to speak."

"Don't get cocky," Palmer warned. "We still don't know everything this thing is capable of. Rhyperior, fire off a Flash Cannon." The Drill Pokemon nodded as he raised a hand, sending a bright burst of energy at the tendriled creature.

Ellen's eyes flashed brighter as she called on the power of Space to help her Pokemon avoid the Dark Void attacks. Artemis, Terry, Chrono, Solo, and Maturin all twisted and turned through the air, narrowly dodging the sleep-inducing spheres. However, Ellen was so focused on saving her Pokemon that she didn't notice the Dark Void sphere that was heading directly toward her until it was too late.

Entei was darting around the shower of Dark Voids when he saw the sphere about to hit Ellen. Calling upon all his strength, the Legendary Beast dashed in front of the girl just in time to take the hit.

For a split second their eyes met. In that instant Ellen saw no fear in the Volcano Pokemon... just a powerful confidence that she could continue the battle without him. Then Entei closed his eyes and fell to the ground, trapped in an endless nightmare.

Ryan dove for cover as the volley of Dark Void spheres sailed across the room. Dewott and Mismagius followed him behind a slab of stone that had fallen from the ceiling where they were safe from the spheres. Glancing back, the Liberty Agent saw that Quil had managed to avoid the attacks as well as he turned around for a second Rollout. Togie had also managed to fly around the Dark Voids. Garchomp and Aggron, however, were not so lucky. The mighty dragon gave one last roar as he was pulled into the nightmare. Beside him, Aggron dodged one sphere only to be hit in the back with another. He fell to the ground with a thud.

"This is not good," Ryan shuddered as he saw that Entei, Kirlia, and Jaydes had also been hit by Sombra's attack. Ryan had used up almost all his energy to free Quil and Togie from Seven's Dark Void, and he was in no hurry to repeat the experience. Pokemon were dropping to the ground left and right at an alarming rate, and Ryan could only watch in horror, unsure of what to do.

OOC: Alright, well, I've made the decision to go ahead and make a discussion topic, as some of you might have noticed. It can be found here, and as promised, a link is provided in my signature for easy navigation between topics.

If you all would be so kind, please locate your profiles and post them in the discussion topic at some point within the next two weeks. I'd like to have my profile navigation system all set up and ready by the time I graduate, so speed is essential (though not required. :P ) If you have profiles in my blog, let me know so that I can fetch them for you.

Konuju:

-Story Summary: This is a good point. Since I'll have a ton of free time over the summer, I might be able to get that started and semi-organized starting in July. We'll see, though.

-OOC Discussions: Really, with profile-keeping being my main concern, I won't be terribly picky about where other OOC things are posted. :P If an OOC discussion turns into a full-blown discussion/argument, though, it would be wise to move it to the discussion topic. Otherwise, there won't be a huge distinction made between the two topics. =)

IC - Jackson Sang/Tate/Liza/Ash - Beneath Chapel: The knife stopped in midair as Gardevoir caught it, using her psychic powers to snap it in half and tossing it aside. The action left her distracted for a moment, however, which was enough time for Walker to Quick Attack toward her and knock her aside, into Claire's Drain Punch. With the Psychic-Type out of the way, Jackson ran forward, pulling out another knife as he lunged toward Tate...

Only to be stopped by Solrock slamming into him from the side, jabbing him with one of its spikes. The attack genuinely hurt Jackson, though he managed to avoid showing this, instead grabbing the Meteorite Pokémon and throwing it away from him. Lunatone moved to take its place, though was intercepted by Tracer, who resumed his Ditto form and wrapped his gelatinous body around that of the Psychic-Type.

As Jackson moved in again, Tate showed no emotion, not even blinking in pain as the assassin's knife pierced his chest. The destroyed Gym Leader merely stood there for a moment, before collapsing backward, a broken doll no long playable. As his life escaped him, his Solrock and Claydol both collapsed as well, their life force tied to that of their trainer.

Jackson took a deep breath, turning to Liza and Ash, neither of whom showed any sign of anger or fear at what had just occurred.

Elton, you monster... You really did destroy them, didn't you?

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik/Ilios - Sinjoh Ruins: Kyle ran and slid into the crater that Eight had formed in their battle, pressing himself against the sloping walls as the spheres of darkness cut through the room, several flying right over him. He had recalled Kitheus to his Pokéball, saving the Magneton from a nightmarish fate, but had been unable to do the same for Sheik, Jaeda, and Daiga. Even now, he heard Jaeda roar as she attempted to dodge the spheres, quickly going quiet as she was finally hit and landing with a thud on the ground. As the attack ceased, Kyle peered over the edge, seeing that Daiga and Sheik, too, had been hit, both lying unconscious several yards away.

Refusing to feel dispirited by this, the Liberty agent quietly called them back, waiting to see what the others would do now. As he watched, Sombra, however, he couldn't help but notice something... odd. In addition to the mist-like texture that Sombra was taking on, the Darkrai seemed to be attacking in reverse now--like he had used three limbs or eyes to attack, and after the third went back to the second, and then the first...

What is that supposed to mean? he wondered. Frowning, he watched Sombra more closely...

By turning intangible, Ilios had avoided Sombra's Dark Void. But that had done nothing to stop from seeing the others struck by the attack--Jaydes, Entei, Kirlia, Garchomp, Aggron, Jaeda, Daiga, Sheik... Resuming his natural density, the Darkrai glared at Sombra, gathering energy before unleashing it in a powerful Roar of Time at Ten...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan Tierra, Sinjoh Ruins

Evan watched as his Swampert and Hippowdon were struck by Sombra's Dark Void. Gnip dodged the shadowy orbs and roared at Sombra. Evan looked at Sombra, his eyes aflame with rage. This fight just kept going from bad to worse. There had to be a way to stop him.........

"Gnip, Draco Meteor!", Evan said, "I know you're tired, but we've gotta win this!"

Gnip roared once more, and summoned many comets aimed at Sombra.

Klim Prizak,

Klim watched in horror as Jaydes and Edison fell asleep due to the Dark Void. Moriarty dodged the attack and waited for Klim's next order. Klim shook his head. He couldn't look like this, especially in the presence of his fellow heroes.

"Moriarty, Brick Break again!", Klim said, "Keep it up! He has to fall sometime!"

Moriarty rushed towards Sombra, readying a Brick Break to hit the Darkrai with.

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, below Chapel

Lafoyae saw what Jackson did and stared in horror. Not at what he had done. No, it was how alien the other two trainers seemed, with their blank emotionless faces.

"Conkeldurr, keep Liza's pokemon busy by any means possible.", Lafoyae said solemnly as she cracked her knuckles, "I'll take care of their master."

Lafoyae's Conkeldurr nodded and rushed towards the Gardevoir, aiming to smash her with his canes. Lafoyae slowly walked towards Liza. Lafoyae didn't want to do this, but she had no choice, now did she? Her Conkeldurr continued to pummel Liza's Gardevoir with his fists.

"Sorry, but it's either you or us.", Lafoyae said, her pace quickening, "I promise to make this end as swiftly and painlessly as I possibly can."

With lightning fast movement, Lafoyae rushed towards Liza and punched her in the face. She then slammed the gym leader's head into her knee, her eyes filled with sadness. She finally raised Liza's head, and with one quick and clean motion, snapped her neck. The gym leader showed no sign of pain when it heappened, only deadness. Liza's pokemon collapsed almost immediately when she expired, their life force tied to her. Tears streaming down her cheeks, Lafoyae turned towards Ash.....

OOC: I have my profiles in your blog. If you could retrieve them for me that would be well appreciated.

Past IC: Hades doesn't swear. It is a useless habit of those who cannot think of better insults. Perhaps due to a long association with a trainer who wanted nothing more than sing, write songs, play violin, sing and enjoy Pokémon battles that he had a certain appreciation for language, be it human or Pokémon.

Three however would never have guessed that from what he was hearing at the moment.

Richard and Oceanus had been blasted quite harshly, by a very powerful Spacial Rend. Poor Bard and fish could not have reacted in any time, and when the smoke cleared neither were seen. Hades was full of hate at that moment that he threw out any inhibitions with language and began shooting Night Shades at the Darkrai.

The Sableye forgot that his only advantage over the legendary was the speed received from pretty much everything but Night Shade.

“You are moving far too slow,” the Darkrai reminded him deflecting his weak attacks with an Icy Wind and continued straight towards the ghost.

Hades felt his body go sluggish as the pain set in. He tried to counteract the attack with Recover but the force of the attack was too great. Three was intent on finishing the ghost off when suddenly a blast of searing hot water struck him followed by a mass of fat and muscle which slammed Three in the face.

Meanwhile a pile of rubble slowly began to shift.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: KNI: Hey. Answer is in the Discussion Topic, in case you didn't see it already. =)

Minun: Sent.[/belated]

Topic: *jolts awake*

IC - Jackson Sang/Ash Ketchum - Chapel: It her rush, Lafoyae and Conkeldurr seemed to have forgotten about Krookodile and Pikachu in favor of attacking the already-distracted Gardevoir. As she made her way toward Ash, something small and furry slammed into Lafoyae from the side, the culprit being Pikachu. As the two fell sideways, the Electric Mouse Pokémon shifted his Quick Attack into a Thunderbolt, striking and stunning the assassin.

Krookodile, meanwhile, had rammed Conkeldurr, locking the Fighting-Type in a struggle with the crocodile Pokémon. The Dark/Ground-Type took advantage of his surprise attack, using Foul Play in an attempt to quickly gain the upper hand.

All this was for naught, however, as Jackson stood up from Tate's body, approaching Ash with his bloody knife still in hand. The brainwashed trainer did not seem to register his movements, as he did not react at all, even as Jackson stepped in front of him. The assassin stared into Ash Ketchum's dull, lifeless eyes for what felt like an eternity, searching for some shred of humanity left in them, anything that would indicate that Elton had failed in his experiments, hoping beyond hope that the man before him had been able to cling to some distant part of his self.

It was not to be. The eyes that stared back at him were long-dead. They were eyes that, if Elton was correct, might have eventually been Jackson's, might have taken his very soul and burned it in the fires of some place of unspeakable evil. The very thought shook Jackson, made him want to cut out those eyes and cast them aside so that he would never have to look at them again.

Instead, he steadied himself, grabbing Ash's shoulder and placing the point of the knife against his chest. Arms tensed, he prepared to do that which had become such a natural action over the years...

And then he heard the scream of a woman. The scream of a wife. A helpless scream that begged him not to do what he was about to do, insisting that Ash could be saved.

Misty.

Jackson turned slightly to look at her, his own gaze distant and hazy to the point where he no longer saw the tears streaming down her face, nor the desperation in her eyes. He stared in her direction for several moments, before bowing his head--the most he could do to implore her forgiveness.

He pushed the knife forward. A beating heart stopped, followed by others.

The remnant of Ash Ketchum was dead.

It was a long time before anyone moved or said anything, barring Misty's uncontrolled sniffling. Jackson himself stood stock-still, staring down at the corpse in front of him. His hands, covered in blood, should have shaken at his side. Instead, they, too, were utterly still, entirely numb, every ounce of sensation gone from them. Eventually, Tracer approached him, lightly prodding his arm. Jackson pulled it back, turning on the spot and walking over to the restrained Cerulean Gym Leader. Without a word, he loosened the leather cuffs, leaving her to coil up, trembling, on the table.

As if in a trance, the man moved to the main control panel, unlocking the prison doors. Confused, the subjects that had been chosen for Elton's experiment--Jackson was disturbed to see Darren Ketchum among them, as he had suspected--exited, staring with horror at the carnage before them. They turned their attention to Jackson and Lafoyae, the former of whom gave a wordless nod toward the door, indicating that they were free to go. Tracer transformed back into a human form, picking up an identification card from a fallen guard and moving to the front of the group to lead them out.

Jackson remained behind, watching as Darren grabbed his mother and, mournfully, started to carry Ash's body away, assisted by an equally sorrowful Walker and Claire. Without looking at Lafoyae, Jackson sent a tip to Sleight, providing the Shadow Admin with details on what had occurred in the lab, before following after the crowd to ensure they got to safety.

After that? Well... Jackson decided he needed a break. A long break.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: First off, I apologize profusely for my lack of activity. Been fairly occupied with other things, i.e. Anime North/laptop being on the fritz/my body system being on the fritz, as well as a case of writer's block, but now I have returned.

IC - Sinnoh Void Tower:

The creature roared as the Luxray latched onto its arm, tearing away at its essence. Shaking the lion Pokemon free, part of its being was torn, as the tower quickly moved to regenerate itself. Suddenly, it froze briefly, sensing Sombra far away draining it of energy for his own goals. The creature noticed the Rhyperior's Flash Cannon, aiming directly for its eye. Raising a shield of darkness over its core, the creature howled as the attack burst through part of it, forcing the monstrosity to begin the process of regeneration once again. It's eyes glowing bright white, it unleashed a row of pillars, aiming directly towards the invaders. All the while, it tried to fix itself from being exposed.

IC - Sombra:

The Ancient Darkrai laughed, as Seven's eyes began to glow once more, creating a shield around himself. "My, my! What happened to all of that fight that you just had not even a few moments ago?" Sombra chuckled. crossing his arms, before thrusting them back, as he let loose with a blizzard from Eight's face upon his chest. As the attack came forth, ready to freeze all present, it was suddenly cut off by a wall of falling rocks as Five moved forward to defend the group. "Insignificant whelp! Why must you and your brother choose to defy me!?"

"We've realized that your actions are far from what you originally said that they were. They have not brought the unity and peace among Pokemon and Humans, as you once said they were. You became so corrupted by your power, that you've become the very thing that you originally sought to fight against!" Daseos growled.

"Corrupted? No, I merely sought a more... permanent solution to squabbles. If the others had done their job right, there would be peace on this world!"

"If you had won, there would be no world!" Seth roared back, having enough of Sombra's words. Sombra merely hovered in place, silent. "Look at yourself! Using your brothers and sisters as if they were pawns!"

"You are all pawns! You've all just been mere players in my game! The Void Towers! The ascension of the human known as Shade! The temporal and spacial distortion he caused! It was me, Vicens! It was me all along! I planned everything leading up to this, just so that I could have the very Heroes chosen to destroy me, be the ones who would unleash my power upon the world!" Sombra bellowed throughout the room, his rage beginning to take hold of him as he used Nasty Plot to become stronger, his own blank eyes growing a bright blue. "I planned throughout time and space for this moment! I will not allow worms like you to ruin my plans as they are now!" With that, Sombra unleashed a Roar of Time from Eight's face in his chest that reverberated throughout the room, bringing everyone down to the floor.

What the Alpha Darkrai failed to notice was that Daseos had once more dropped down rocks, which the Darkrai instinctively responded to by raising Protect once more. Turning in a rage, Sombra slammed into Daseos with a Giga Impact, sending Five crashing towards Kyle. The Darkrai weakly raised himself, turning to the young man. "He fights... in a pattern... he's limited... Now's your chance... hit him with... everything..." Daseos whispered, before collapsing to the ground.

OOC: To make up for it, I will have you know, that we are in fact drawing towards a close.

~Det

OOC: C'est pas du problem. ^_^

IC - Kyle Eston/etc. - Sinjoh Ruins: Over the ringing in his ears, Kyle had trouble fully understanding what Daseos was saying. However, he seemed to get the gist of it, as he nodded, sending out the remainder of his team and pointing to Sombra.

"Everyone, here's our chance for an all-out attack!" he shouted. "Give it everything you've got!" Kitheus unleashed a Tri-Attack at Sombra, followed by Water Pulse from Kovian, a Force Palm from Sensha, and a Poison Jab from Ruj, all joined with a burst of lightning from Kyle's gauntlets. With an angered yell, Ilios launched a powerful Flamethrower attack at Ten, pouring as much energy as he could into the attack...

IC - Lilycove Strike Team - Lilycove City: Everything was set now.

As the Lilycove Void Tower began to charge up energy, Rayquaza descended from the heavens again, quickly gaining speed and momentum as it hurtled toward the shadow structure. Massive flames appeared on the Sky Pokemon's head as it poured every ounce of energy it had into its V-Create attack, unleashing a thundering roar as it slammed into the side of the tower again. Once more, the Dragon-Type managed to tear through one side and out the other, leaving a gaping hole in the Void Tower that revealed its monstrous, eye-like core to the world.

As it began to repair itself again--more slowly this time than before--Groudon and Kyogre unleashed their charged attacks. From the ruins of Lilycove, Groudon's combined Solarbeam and Flamethrower shot forward, a powerful combination attack powered by the splotches of sunlight shining down from above. At the same time, Kyogre unleashed her combined Ice Beam and Hydro Pump attacks, the twin beams causing the air to crackle like ice and roar like the ocean as the spots of rain fueled them. All four attacks slammed into the eye, concentrated beams tearing into it for several moments before finally letting up.

Now, Goldhawk waited, watching with barely concealed excitement as he looked for a sign that they had managed to destroy the eye...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Ray==-"You heard the man!" Ray said to his two remaining Pokemon, as Zangetsu and Byakuya rushed Sombra, in order to attempt to deliver two combined Close Combat attacks to the mutated Darkrai, even as Ray looked over with a frown to Jenny; who had fallen asleep during the last Dark Void attack...

With surprising speed, Rhyperior leapt in front of his allies, shielding them from the Tower's attack. The force of the attack was enough to knock the armored Pokemon out.

"It's weakening!" Dack cried. "Keep up the attack; Swellow, Brave Bird!"

"Attack the eye!" Palmer shouted as he recalled Rhyperior.

Even as Dack's Swellow redirected his attack, grabbing at the entity's chest with his talons, Cresselia shot an Aurora Beam at the eye, hoping to freeze the creature at its core.

Ellen's eyes narrowed as she heard Sombra and Daseos argue. It was like John Ford taken to the extreme -- someone wishing to bring about peace, but willing to do anything to bring about such a peace. "Let's finish this once and for all!" she said to her Pokemon. "Attack!"

Ryan jumped out from where he had hid from the Dark Void attack. "It's now or never!" he cried. "Don't hold back!"

As Artemis and Togie launched twin Aura Spheres, Mismagius Shadow Sneaked behind Sombra and unleashed a Power Gem. Terry charged toward the Darkrai with Take Down, and Chrono extended his claws for a Slash. Dewott used Aqua Jet to get close, then aimed to strike Sombra in the side with Razor Shell. Maturin sent a flurry of Seed Bombs.

While all this was going on, Solo had his eyes closed in concentration as he used Telekinesis to try and hold Sombra in one place. That strategy had worked in the battle against Seven, but the Solosis wasn't sure how effective it would be against the Master Darkrai.

Finally, Ryan stood next to his Typhlosion, arm outstretched, his gauntlets brimming with power. "Ready, Quil?" he asked. With a roar, both human and Pokemon summoned their own column flame. The two columns collided, forming a single stream of fire aimed right at Sombra's head.

OOC: Redeeming reward.

Past IC: Despite the initial victory of finally landing a hit on Three, the battle was not going well for Richard’s team. Three had adjusted to each of their fighting styles and was countered every move they seemed to make. The Darkrai kept outside of Dionysus’ range and dissipated any attack which came from Hades and Erebus. All the while Three was charging up one Roar of Time intent to wipe all three of them out at once.

“Disappear,” the Darkrai mentioned as the attack finished charging.

When all of sudden, Three was whammed into by a tail at a speed the Darkrai would have found impressive had Three been the recipient of the attack.

“THIS IS AWESOME!” Richard yelled from the back of Oceanus as the Gyaraods lashed around building up even faster speeds in his Dragon Dance.

Oceanus paused for a brief moment to consider a possible tag line to shout when the decided to disregard the idea and unleash a Hyper Beam at the Darkrai who promptly evaded.

Three was not happy about the Gyarados' attacks, as well as the bard’s reappearance. It meant the Darkrai had miscalculated, and that does not happen. The Darkrai was considering how to go about ripping Richards limbs off for this transgression when Three felt something. It was time, Ten was returning.

“You can live for now…” the Darkrai said disappearing to greet the master.

“Well good for us,” the bard mentioned as he hopped off the Gyarados.

OOC: End of past IC’s.

Species: Gyarados

Nickname: Oceanus

Trainer: Richard Apollo

Appearance: Slightly more indigo than most Gyarados but not by a lot.

Personality: A pretty Jolly guy most of the time and likes to have fun (and flop around). The only times he is not happy is whenever he sees a guitar. Thing is, Oceanus has an intense desire to learn the guitar, but is stonewalled by the fact he is doesn't have anybody to teach him, or any money to buy one, or arms.

Ability: Intimidate

Specialty: Swift speed and powerful attacks. He prefers to zig-zag to throw off opponents.

Known Moves: Tackle, Flail, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Dragon Dance , Hyper Beam

Moves forgotten: Splash

Edited by Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Are you all ready? Forgive the long wait, but some problems came up, but it's all done now. So, without further ado, allow me to personally welcome you to the finale of the Sombra battle.

IC – Hoenn Void Tower:

The Void Tower reached out with several dark tendrils, trying to strike down its attackers, but the damage was done. As all present could see, there was a large gaping hole in the center of the eye, as the Tower itself began to crumble and fall to the ground, dark energy escaping into the wind as Sombra’s power from this tower was beginning to go up in smoke. The Tower let out a low roar as it collapsed, vanishing into nothing as the darkness covering the region slowly began to let up. The Void Tower had fallen once more.

IC – Darkrai:

Sombra raised his hand, Four’s eye glowing brightly as he began to gather energy, ready to unleash a Roar of Time with enough force to destroy the ruins and everything with it, as he drew in all of the energy he could from the Void Towers. With the attacks drawing in close, he prepared to unleash all of his power… Only to freeze in his tracks as he felt a severe amount of power drain away instantly, signalling the destruction of the Hoenn Tower. Unable to comprehend what was happening, Sombra’s attack failed to launch, as the Alpha Darkrai was left at the mercy of the barrage of attacks. Weakened and in shock from the loss of power, Sombra was tossed around, locked in a cycle of pain, the newly energized unity causing more damage than Sombra was able to comprehend. Thrust aside, Sombra struck a wall, where he began to move erratically, before letting loose a roar of pain as Seven and Three were forced from his body, landing motionless on the ground, as Sombra hovered back into the air, coughing, the portions of his body where Seven and Three’s faces had been now taking the shape of pure darkness, as a strange evil mist now filled the air.

“Heh... Heh...” Sombra gasped between breaths, as he raised his head, staring at all of the gathered trainers and Pokemon, his eyes shining a bright blue. “Well, I must say, I am very impressed by your power...” The Darkrai spread his ‘wings’ as Two’s eyes began to glow brightly as well, dark particles floating into the air from the ground, as the room began to tremble.

With that, the very room itself reached out, wrapping all within it in a blanket of shadows. As the darkness subsided, it left its captives to fall to the ground. Each fell to the ground, unconscious, and trapped in a nightmare, all trapped in a deep slumber.

“But impressions can only last so long!” Sombra laughed, as the darkness began to once more consume the bodies of those who have fallen before him. The laughter of the Alpha Darkrai was short-lived as he saw three lights shine from the bodies, as he heard the roars of the Creation Trio. Sombra’s sense of victory quickly turned to frustration as he saw Klim, Evan and Seth rise up, each shining the colours of their respective dragon.

“Everybody ready?” Klim asked, as Moriarty emerged from the floor, his eye shining brightly as he rose up behind his trainer, the Dusknoir crossing his arms in anticipation of the fight that was about to come.

“You better believe it!” Evan announced loudly, striking a dynamic pose, as a pillar of earth rose from the ground, flames spreading out in a star, Gnip standing tall as she bellowed a challenge at the Alpha Darkrai.

“Well then... it’s showdown time!” Seth called out, as Volt appeared in a burst of electricity, the Luxray roaring at the living nightmare that hovered before them.

“Well, well, well, what pests you are. Still awake, huh? Ooohh, can't say I like that,” Sombra spat as he let loose a Spacial Rend at Klim. “So why don't you just give up, you know, surrender? “

Stepping forward, Moriarty took the hit, but quickly retaliated with a Shadow Punch followed up by a Brick Break directly to the stomach of Sombra. “It's over, it’s over, and you were always bound to fall!” Klim exclaimed as Sombra was tossed backwards by the punches. “It's over. You’re finished here. You’re about to lose it all! “

Sombra growled with rage as he regained his composure. They mock me. They fight me. How could this be real?” Sombra muttered to himself, rage building up within his body. “They think that I am worried, but that’s not what I feel!” Rushing forward, Sombra’s wings covered his body, as he crashed into Moriarty, delivering Payback for the damage he had sustained, sending the Dusknoir crashing into a wall. Chuckling, Sombra dipped into the dark shadows, before emerging, alongside multiple copies of himself.

“What's this? A trick? I'm not impressed. You're bad and now there’s more,” Klim said, sending a burst of energy to rejuvenate Moriarty, who quickly moved forward, using Fire Punch to try to eliminate several of the clones. “It makes it all the more worthwhile to see you hit the floor!”

Talk, talk, talk, but I'll tell you, this shadow’s going nowhere,” the Sombra’s said in unison, their eyes glowing brightly as they seemed to dance in unison, launching a volley of Shadow Balls towards the ghostly Cyclops. “If I were you, I'd take a hike. There's danger in the air!” At that moment, the Shadow Balls all connected, as Moriarty fell to the ground.

“I guess it’s my turn now!” Evan chimed in, striking a pose as Gnip leapt forwards.

“Well, aren’t we confident?” Sombra snickered.

“Well I'm feeling angry, and there's plenty left to do,” Evan proclaimed with a smile. Gnip leapt forwards, slamming her feet upon the ground as she roared, letting loose with an Earthquake which brought down parts of ruins which struck the clones, finally bringing the total number of Sombras back down to one. “I've fought your most unwelcome help, and now I'm after you!”

Sombra himself dodged the attack, but was caught off-guard as Gnip used the momentum of the Earthquake to propel herself into a Dragon Claw. “Even if you catch me, you could never do me in!

I'm fought the gods, and I’m just as strong. Which means I'm gonna win!” Recovering, Sombra puffed out his chest, launching a Blizzard from Eight’s face, which struck the Garchomp head-on, sending her flying towards Evan.

“Showtime, Seth!” Evan called out, as Gnip crashed into her trainer. Seth nodded as Volt emerged, growling in defiance.

“It's over. You’re finished. You'll never have your way,” Seth exclaimed, as Volt leaped forward, mouth crackling with elemental powers, before delivering an Ice Fang to the nightmare. As Sombra reached to throw the Luxray off; Volt reacted quickly by latching on to Sombra’s hand with a Fire Fang. “You? The king of everything? That'll be the day!”

“How feeble! How childish! Is that the best you got?” Sombra laughed deeply, before letting loose a barrage of Dark Pulses, which quickly and easily sent Volt crashing downwards. “You think that you're a hero, Seth. But I think you are not!” Sombra began charging up a Roar of Time, the ground shaking as he did so. “Whoooah!” The Alpha Darkrai roared, knocking each of the Heroes off of their feet, bringing them to their knees before Sombra.

“Now it's time for you to see what it really means to scare!” Sombra roared in triumph, drawing in energy from the shadows. “You see, I'm the Alpha Darkrai, kid. Although I don't play fair; It's much more fun, I must confess, when lives are on the line. Not mine of course, but yours my friends, now that'd be just fine!” Laughing in triumph, Sombra’s arms glowed as he prepared a Spacial Rend, ready to eliminate his opponents...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IC – Sinnoh Void Tower:

The monster reared back in pain, as it felt its very essence being torn at. Instinctively, it drew its own energy from the tower to try to sustain itself. The entire room shook, as the creature lost its balance, before freezing in its tracks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sombra froze in his tracks, feeling the pain of the Void Tower creature, as well as it drawing away some very crucial energy, rendering him unable to continue on out of shock of losing energy. Too connected was he with the Void Towers that he failed to realize what was happening before him, as the three Heroes took a page out of Evan’s book.

“Evan, Klim, now!” Seth signalled, as they quickly poured their power into their Pokemon, rejuvenating their fallen allies. With Sombra now exhausted, the three Pokemon rose up, staring down their foe, each of them now infused with the same powers as their trainers. Volt moved first, glowing blue as he moved with amazing speed, slowing down time for those around him, as he charged up a powerful Wild Charge, striking Sombra directly in the chest. Moriarty was next, phasing out of reality itself, until finally emerging beneath the Alpha Darkrai, striking upwards with a Brick Break, which caused Sombra to spin out of control, grunting in pain. Finally, Gnip let out a mighty roar as she began to glow red, charging straight forwards at Sombra, before she suddenly vanished into a portal. As Sombra twisted and turned, trying to locate the Garchomp, Gnip reappeared directly in front of him, following through as she sliced him, her rage showing through.

Falling to the ground, Sombra landed with a thud, motionless once more. “Get up,” Evan growled, the fire in his eyes burning brightly, as he slowly struck a dynamic pose. “We all know that it’s not over.” Gnip roared at the fallen Darkrai, shaking the very ground itself, the Garchomp bracing herself for the worst, despite being extremely exhausted.

“How perceptive,” Sombra laughed weakly, rising back into the air, as if he was being raised like a puppet upon strings. “You fail to realize just the position that you are actually in.” Extending his arms around him, the Darkrai chuckled weakly. “You see, the entire time that we have been fighting, we have been fighting inside of a Void Tower being born! The Dark Void is spreading, slowly draining the energy of everyone around, given enough time, I can restart my conquest, with enough power to do so! While you three grow weaker, I can only get more powerful!”

“He’s right…” Klim muttered, as Moriarty hovered over to help the Hero of Reverse to his feet. “He only gets stronger as this goes on, so we need to end this before he can reach full power.” Klim glanced over, inspecting the states of everyone else, noticing that even the other Ancient Darkrai were now trapped in a slumber. Their lives were now in the hands of the three heroes, as they stared down their true enemy.

“So, here we are once more, Darkrai,” Seth stated, as he looked into the eyes of Sombra, his mist-like form hovering in place. “Except now we wait, to see who makes the first move.” Seth, to the surprise of Klim and Evan, merely put his hands behind his head, as he relaxed, taking his time to do any action, while Volt curled on the ground, the Luxray never taking his eyes off of Sombra.

“Indeed,” Sombra sarcastically admitted, himself hovering quite casually. “Any single movement could decide upon the result of this battle. Let us take a moment to rest and regain our breath before we resume combat, shall we?”

“How can you be so relaxed at a time like this?” Evan exclaimed, slightly losing his cool and patience with Seth. Seth merely snickered and walked around, taking care to step over the bodies of those who were trapped in their nightmares. “I refuse to let my guard down for something like that!” Klim responded by placing his hand upon Evan’s shoulders.

“Evan, I don’t fully understand it myself, but I can sense that these two are actually at the top of their guard. Isn’t that right, Sombra?” Klim asked sternly. The nightmarish creature responded by nodding, smiling disturbingly.

“Yet again! Your perception truly impresses. Truly you are the greatest of the heroes,” Sombra replied. “While most would let their guard down at this point, it is the time you must keep it up the most, as you never know who is more exhausted than you are. As well, it gives you the time to actually sit down with your foe and converse, as you normally wouldn’t.”

Silently, Seth walked over to each of the people who had chosen to come with them, placing his hand upon their heads in a systematic order, while Evan and Klim distracted Sombra, all three of them blissfully unaware of what Seth was getting up to. The stand-off was a perfect opportunity for both sides to get some sort of lull in combat before what was sure to be the final struggle. Sombra eyed Seth with curiosity, as Seth made his way back to rejoin with his two friends. “It’s time,” Seth stated, not just to his companions, but to Sombra as well, as the Darkrai straightened his posture, ready for battle.

“All of us together now!” Evan exclaimed, as he, Klim and Seth moved forward, their eyes glowing with the power within them… Sombra watched in slight shock as two of those lights were extinguished by strikes to the back of the head from the third light.

With a thud, Evan and Klim fell to the ground, unconscious, as Gnip and Moriarty quickly moved to protect the bodies of their partners. Seth stared at them, a sorrowful expression in his eyes as he placed his hand to their heads, channeling his memories to them, revealing to them his true intentions, and the risks associated with it. With a reluctant nod, the two Pokemon stepped aside as Seth reached down to the two, placing his hands upon their chests, directly over their hearts, as he began to drain them of their powers, combining it with his own, and the power that he had retrieved from his sleeping allies. Arcane lines began to appear on the body of Seth, glowing blue, before glowing purple and finally gold before settling on a piercing bright white. “If you wish to borrow the power of your allies to give yourself power, Sombra… I’ll do the same to you,” Seth said quietly, the voices of past heroes speaking with him. A bright white light began to radiate from the Hero of Time as he faced down the Ultimate Nightmare. “In the honor of the heroes past… I swear upon their hearts that I will strike you down here and now. The nightmare is about to realize that in this dream… We are in control!” For the first time, Sombra hesitated in fear, as Seth stepped towards him.

“You… Fool… You can’t stop me, no matter how much power you absorb from your so-called friends!” Sombra stuttered, setting forth dark energy in an attempt to overpower Seth’s light. The Hero merely stood his ground, as the darkness failed to affect him. A single smirk emerged over the face of Seth, as rage began to overtake the mind of Sombra. Firing off multiple Dark Pulses, the attacks struck Seth, yet he refused to back down, merely continuing to make his way forward. Shocked and confused, Sombra hovered backwards, gathering energy from the room, and drawing in all possible energy that he could from the other Void Tower in Sinnoh. “Very well… If that is the game you wish to play, then we shall see who remains standing when I destroy this entire area!” Raising his hand into the air, Sombra created a massive ball of darkness, preparing to unleash the most powerful Dark Pulse that he could. “Not even you can survive this attack!”

Breaking from his form, Seth placed one foot back, bracing himself for what was about to come. Not even Seth was prepared for the force of the attack that Sombra launched, as Seth held out both hands, fighting with all of his might to keep the attack from reaching his friends. Even now, Seth could feel his hold over the attack slipping, along with his own power.

‘This is it.’ Seth closed his eyes.

“You are all going to be destroyed!”

‘It’s not the end.’

‘This is how it all ends.’ He felt the power beginning to slip, as the pain in his hands became much more apparent.

“Your fates are all sealed!”

‘It’s far from over.’

‘Shame, I had so much more that I wanted to do. So much more that needed to be done.’ Seth began to be absorbed into the attack, his entire body beginning to visibly peel away.

“You could never defeat me alone!”

‘You’re not alone.’

‘I never did get to test out the power that I thought I had…’ Seth’s form began to fade.

“Nobody can help you now!”

‘We’re here with you.’

‘And who might you be?’ Seth entered his mind as he began to lose his grip on reality.

‘We’re everyone. We’re the Heroes of the Past.’ A long line of people appeared in Seth’s mind, each of them grouped in three. Each seemed to glow the colour of their respective dragon except for one in each group, who glowed white. Finally, Seth saw the appearances of Evan and Klim, in addition to the appearances of those who fought against the Darkrai, including those present at the ruins, and those who were farther away, some of whom Seth did not recognize.. ‘And the Heroes of the Present.’

‘How can you help me?’

‘We’re here to support you. You’re the only one who can do this right now. You’re the only one who can fight further. You need to beat him. You can’t give up yet.’

‘I can’t…’ Seth’s limbs began to fade

‘You can.’

‘I can’t…’ Seth’s torso began to fade.

‘You must.’

‘I can’t… give… up!’ As Seth’s face began to fade, his eyes suddenly burst open, as his form suddenly returned, with newfound power, as Seth began to push back the attack. Sombra looked in shock as his attack was being pushed back towards him. The bright light began to overtake the Dark Pulse, forcing it back to Sombra.

“Impossible!” Refusing to be defeated, the Darkrai put more and more energy into the attack, becoming more mist-like in the process. Soon, the two forces reached a standstill, trapped by the force of the attack. “How did you manage to survive!?”

“It was my will to fight on against the likes of you! It was my desire to see you wiped from this planet, and see you fall with your darkness!” Seth exclaimed, struggling with all of his might to keep himself from being overtaken again. However, Seth quickly realized that he was losing, as Sombra, true to his word, began to draw energy from the Void Tower, gaining the upper hand.

“Your will is not enough, you can’t will yourself to a victory, only death! Now, perish!” Sombra exclaimed, putting all of his effort into the final push. Too focused was he on the attack, that he failed to notice Nine rise, having been able to force himself awake, partly thanks to his own ability to draw in nightmares, giving himself enough energy for one final attack.

His hand glowing with a green flame, Ilios launched the ball at Sombra. “From me to you… Choke on it…” The attack struck Sombra directly in the side of the head, breaking his focus for a brief moment.

That was all Seth needed.

‘NOW!’

With one mighty push, Seth forced the attack back into Sombra, forcing the Alpha monster to absorb all of the force of the attack, including Seth himself. “Impossible! No one person could defeat me!” Sombra roared in rage as his form began to fuse with that of Seth, creating a strange amalgation of Seth and Sombra, resembling that of Sombra’s previous herald.

“That’s the thing, Sombra...” Seth said, as his light began to shine through that of Sombra’s darkness. He closed his eyes as he saw the faces of all that fought against the darkness, past and present. “I’m not just one person.” Sombra screamed in pain as he felt the light burst forth from within. A massive burst of darkness shot out into the sky, before it was torn apart by a beam of light which shone brightly throughout the dark skies, as the shadows that were created by the Ancient Darkrai began to dissipate, the massive and imposing Void Towers hanging over Sinnoh and Hoenn finally fading away to nothingness. Sombra himself screamed in pain as his form was consumed by the light, reaching out towards whatever, with nowhere to go.

With that, Sombra and his corrupted minions were no more. The threat was finally ended.

“I… did it…” Seth smiled as he felt himself fade away once more, giving a sorrowful look towards Volt, who watched in sadness, knowing all along what was to happen. Seth glanced over towards Nine and smiled, nodding as the Hero of Time finally faded, his flute falling to the ground, the only remaining sign that Seth was there. All over, people began to awaken from their slumber inflicted by the Darkrai. Five weakly rose, and glanced at Nine, who gave a nod that signalled that it was over.

Five stared at the flute, and then at where Seth had just stood, a sorrowful expression. Five then saw Seven and Three lying unconscious, the two of them being fortunate enough to have been spared a horrible death with their other siblings. Five wrapped them in tendrils of darkness to contain them until judgment could be passed. Nevertheless, Daseos breathed a sigh of relief. The fighting was over, the darkness was subsiding. After what seemed like a lifetime, the threat was finally vanquished.

Sombra was no more.

~Det

Edited by ~Detranix~

Past IC: Feral Tierra, Sinnoh Void Tower

Feral saw his chance when the creature froze. With speed unseen before, the Spacial Horror grabbed the eye, and crushed it. Feral was wreathed in sinister blue fire as he performed this action.

"Well, it seems the heroes did it.", Feral said, his voice oddly serene, "I guess I can't stick around any more. I got all I wanted from this place anyway and I have the heroes and you fools to thank for it! As a result, I won't crush you. I'll just teleport you out. Buh-bye!"

With a swirling motion, Feral ripped a portal beneath each one of his foes. Feral stared each of them down coldly as they disappeared. After they were out of the tower, Feral himself disappeared in a blue flash of light.

Present IC: Evan Tierra and Klim Prizak, Sinjoh Ruins

Evan rose up, feeling slightly groggy. He saw the rest of his comrades-in-arms getting up, newly awakened from their Dark Void induced slumber. Evan noted that the feeling of despair in the room was gone. Evan rubbed the back of his head, feeling quite annoyed that Seth had done that. He looked around for Seth, but he didn't see him.

Then it hit him.

"Seth, you big fool.", Evan said, tears streaming down his cheeks, "We were supposed to do this together! We were supposed to defeat him together!"

"I think it's for the best, Evan.", Klim said calmly, leaning onto his Dusknoir for support, "The way we were after that battle, we all would have been killed. Seth took the fate that was meant for all three of us onto himself."

"You're....right, Klim.", Evan said, regaining his composure, "He would've liked us to remember him fondly, not cursing his name. He gave his life to ensure that thing never comes back to cause such chaos again."

With that, Evan pointed his hand to the ceiling, his pointer finger extended. Gnip mirrored the pose her master had assumed and roared.

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!", Evan said at the top of his lungs, "Thank you, Seth Vicens, for everything!"

-==IC: Ray==-Ray slowly opened his eyes, blinking once, as he groaned, and sat up. He shielded his eyes with his arm, just as Evan yelled out his thank you; though Ray was still unsure of why, since he wasn't aware of Seth's sacrifice just yet."So... Looks like you guys did it after all." Ray said with a kinda weak smile, as he stood up slowly, and looked around; seeing only two of the heroes there."What, did Seth take off already?" Ray asked, still unaware of what had truly happened.

With no time to react, Dack fell through the portal and landed hard on the cobblestone streets in Hearthome. The Rocket Agent looked up just in time to see the Void Tower start to collapse. Or perhaps 'disintegrate' was a better word; for the tower's essence seemed to be dissolving into smoke, which rose to join the clouds that covered the region.

At that moment a beam of light pierced the overcast sky. Then another, and another. Dack started to laugh in amazement as the shadows dissipated and the Sinnoh Region saw its first rays of sunlight in over a month. No longer under its control, the army of Pokemon that had defended the Void Tower returned to their senses and began to retreat. Likewise, the Pokemon in Ho-Oh's army started to return to their homes as well. A few heads poked out of windows as the people of Hearthome awoke, finally free from the Ancient Darkrai's nightmares.

Rising up into the air, Cresselia called upon her power to help speed up the process of dispelling the nightmares. Before long all of Hearthome was awake.

"There's one thing I don't understand," Luke frowned as he tended to his Machoke's wounds. "That 'Spacial Horror' -- Feral was his name? If he had spent so much effort defending the tower, why would he destroy it?"

"He clearly had his own agenda," Palmer said as he stared at the spot where the Void Tower once stood. "Maybe he was trying to delay us. Or perhaps he was simply being used by the Void Tower, much like the army of Pokemon we had faced. Either way, he's still out there somewhere, but I don't think he'll bother us for now. The important thing is that the Void Tower is destroyed, and I daresay the Ancient Darkrai have been defeated."

"Madison!" Dack cried, standing up suddenly. "We have to make sure she's alright! Swellow, to Snowpoint!"

"Hold your Horsea," Palmer chuckled, laying a hand on the Rocket Agent's shoulder. "I'm sure your friend is just fine." His face turned more serious. "But what I'm worried about is Ho-Oh. He took a pretty big hit from the Void Tower before we entered."

Dack was about to argue, but thought better of it. If it weren't for Ho-Oh, they never would have made it inside the tower. They should at least make sure he was alright. With a nod, he followed Palmer as they tried to find where the Rainbow Pokemon had landed.

Ryan slowly opened his eyes. He hadn't meant to get hit by the Dark Void attack, but there had been no escape. The question was, who had freed him? Looking around, he saw Ellen and the others starting to wake up as well. Just then, the sky turned a majestic orange as the sun started to rise. The shadowy clouds that had covered the battlefield had lifted. "Did we... win?" the Liberty trainer asked, hardly daring to believe it.

"I think we did," Ellen smiled. "Sombra is defeated... for real this time." As she watched everyone else wake up, she noticed Evan and Klim standing alone. "Wait a second," she said as her smile faltered. "Where's Seth?"

OOC: Minun: Gyrados approved.

IC - Kyle Eston/Ilios - Sinjoh Ruins: Kyle Eston awoke with a start.

He was surprised, to say the least. Surprised and shaken. One moment, he had ordered an attack on Sombra; the next... black. He had not even realized that the Darkrai had put him and his allies to sleep, so sudden had the condition been set on him. In moments, however, the darkness had transformed, filled with memories and faces that haunted him--Hayes, Castelia, Keston Ail, Suicune. That was when the nightmare had revealed itself for what it was.

Thankfully, it had not lasted long.

All around the chamber, the others were waking up, too. They all took a moment to look about them, surprised as he was to find an absence where once a monstrous figure had been. Evan cheered. Ellen was smiling. Above, the clouds of shadow were dissipating, evaporating into the air as the light of morning finally managed to touch the again--something that, instinctively, Kyle knew was not limited to the Sinjoh Ruins.

The thought brought a smile to his face, compounded by his Pokémons' joyful expressions as they came over to join him.

"We did it," Kyle said quietly. Then, pulling his team into a laugh-filled hug, "I can't believe we did it!" Slowly, the laughter died down as the Liberty Agent processed the implications of what they had accomplished. He rested his head against Jaeda's, eyes closed as a renewed feeling of peace fell upon him for the first time in months.

And then Ellen's voice caught his attention. "Where's Seth?"

Kyle looked up as a sudden silence filled the room. The Hero of Time was nowhere to be seen. Daseos floated near the restrained Seven and Three, a solemn cloud over his face. Ilios stood further back, eyes closed as if focused on something else.

Indeed, all that remained was Seth's flute, lying abandoned on the floor.

IC - Ho-Oh - Hearthome City: The Rainbow Pokémon watched with a subdued gaze as the tower disintegrated above. The spell of shadow lifted from the Dark-Type Pokémon; as they began to disperse, Ho-Oh willed his followers to leave them be, before dispelling his own army altogether. Descending now, Ho-Oh landed on the roof of a damaged building, taking a moment to catch his breath and regain his strength.

Finally, after several moments, the phoenix unleashed a triumphant call, bringing with it the light of the sun through the thinning veil of darkness.

OOC: Alrighty. I'm elated to see such a large arc finally come to a close. Excellent work, everyone!

As for the time skip, expect it to occur sometime hopefully on Monday or so, accompanied by a fairly important post--I'll be covering a ton of new developments in it, if all goes well. Until then, stay tuned, and feel free to continue using this time to wind down and return home.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

It wasn't long before they saw the Rainbow Pokemon roosting on top of a building. Ho-Oh looked weary, but it was clear that the Void Tower's attack had not done any lasting damage to the Legendary Pokemon.

Thank you for all you've done, Cresselia told Ho-Oh. We couldn't have taken down the tower without you.

Dack nodded silently at the large bird, then turned to his Swellow. "Let's go," he said impatiently.

"I'm coming too, you know," Luke said. "Don't forget, Madison is my friend, too."

"Right," Dack frowned as Swellow landed on his shoulders. "Do you have a flying Pokemon?"

"You can use Cresselia," Palmer offered. "She knows her way to the Battle Tower from Snowpoint, and I can fly on Dragonite."

"Thanks for helping us, Mr. Palmer," Luke said.

"No problem," the Frontier Brain grinned. "I hope your friend is well."

Dack and Luke flew toward the northern end of Sinnoh in silence. The sleeping city was still as quiet as ever; it seemed the people had not woken up yet. Luke wanted to check the Pokemon Center, but Dack insisted that they go to Madison's house first. Rushing inside, they found her still asleep, just as they had left her.

Cresselia closed her eyes for a moment. She is no longer suffering from the Darkrai's nightmares, the Lunar Pokemon reported. She is merely asleep.

Dack breathed a sigh of relief. As he sat down with Luke in the other room, Luke looked up at him curiously. "You're going to leave us again, aren't you?" he asked. "As soon as Madison is awake, you'll dash off for some other mission with Team Rocket. How long will it be until we see you again?"

Dack shook his head with a heavy sigh. "I don't know how much you keep up with the news, but Bounty has left Team Rocket and joined forces with Team Liberty, bringing with him most of the Sinnoh branch. My most recent mission was, officially, to recruit Karen. But she left with those kids and we haven't seen her since. When I heard the Darkrai had taken over Snowpoint... I felt horrible. I didn't know if Madison would ever wake up. Seeing her comatose like that -- it really opened my eyes to the things that matter most. When I first joined Team Rocket, I was seeking revenge. But because of that, this is only the third time I've been home in three years. Sometimes I wonder how different life would have been if I hadn't joined."

Luke chuckled. "Yeah man... things just haven't been the same since you left us."

"With Sinnoh pretty much out of Team Rocket's control, this seems like the perfect opportunity for me to drop off the radar. I'll settle down here, and I'll try and regain the life I've lost. My home was destroyed in the avalanche, so I'll probably have to find a place to stay."

"Not a problem, you can crash at my place," Luke offered. "It'll be just like old times!"

For the first time in a while, Dack gave a genuine smile. "Thanks, Luke."

They were interrupted by the sound of a door opening as Madison stepped out of her room with a yawn. "Dack?" she said in surprise. "What are you doing here? What happened?"

"Madison!" Dack grinned, running up and embracing his friend. "You're awake!"

"What do you mean?" Madison asked, confused. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Over a month," Luke said. "It's a long story."

"A month?!" Madison cried. "Is that why Dack came back?"

"Pretty much," Luke laughed. "Let me start from the beginning. There was a group of Ancient Darkrai..."

As Luke explained what had happened, Dack looked at his two friends with a smile. I'm finally turning over a new leaf, he thought.

I was wrong about you, Dack Majors, Cresselia's voice echoed in his head. Dack looked out the window and saw the Lunar Pokemon flying away toward the Battle Frontier. I thought you were being selfish in wanting to rescue Madison above anyone else. But now I see that you truly care for her. I am truly honored to have fought alongside you.

OOC: Okay, guys, you ready? I'm ready.

Let's do this.

-Departure-

IC - Kyle Eston/Ilios - Sinjoh Ruins

"Where's Seth?" Ellen repeated.

No one answered. No one could answer, because no one had an answer that they were willing to give. In the backs of their minds, the group knew what had happened, of course; but to verbalize it? To make it reality?

Impossible.

It was several, long moments before anyone else spoke again. When the blanket was finally lifted, it was Daseos who moved forward, his voice a soft noise against the cruel, cold stone around them. "We all owe him our lives," the Darkrai said simply. "Ilios and I, especially, owe him and all of you. Thank you." He bowed. The Ninth Darkrai did not seem to notice the mention of his name. "You all should go now--head home and rest. You've worked hard enough for today."

Kyle bowed back to the Darkrai as he stood up, recalling his Pokémon to their containers. "What about them?" he asked, indicating Three and Seven. The two stragglers were still unconscious, both contained by ropes of darkness that constricted and relaxed with each breath that their captives took. Obviously, they were not going anywhere anytime soon; but, he wondered, where could someone actually imprison Pokémon so powerful?

"We shall see," Daseos replied at length. "Hopefully, with Sombra gone, they'll reconsider their ways." He gave the pair a sad look. "Though, that is a distant hope."

The Liberty Agent nodded. "Well... Good luck. And thank you for your help."

Nothing more needed to be said. Bathed in the aftermath of a bittersweet victory, the group slowly gathered and departed, climbing back out the way they had come. The abandoned flute presumably went with them, though Kyle did not see whose hands carried it. All he knew was that when he looked back at Ilios, the spot on the ground was empty, and that the Darkrai remained as focused as ever on the black clouds of his mind, concentrating on something far off, something that no one else could see or feel. Briefly, he considered thanking the Pitch-Black Pokémon upfront for everything he had done--for saving his team from Eight, especially--but something held him back. It was difficult to tell whether the expression etched on Ilios's face was one of peace or one of deep concern.; either way, Kyle figured it was best to leave him be.

That decision made, he followed his friends, none the wiser to what lay ahead.

For Ilios, the feeling was clearer, though only just: Concern. Nine was concerned. As he considered this sensation, reaching out to find its source, he forced himself to backtrack, to figure out why.

This was a time for peace, after all. Sombra was gone, finally destroyed after century upon century of mere imprisonment and constant war. Along with him, most of the others had been killed--One, Two, Four, Six, Eight, with only chance having saved Three and Seven. So it was that over half of the darkness was gone. Obliterated. Time, Space, and Reverse had come together and finished them off. They were more than dead--they were nonexistent.

So, what was wrong?

It was a feeling he had. Three's and Seven's survival was of no consequence--they could be contained. No; this was something else. As if, at the very moment that Sombra had been undone, a tether had been severed in some distant place, somewhere disconnected, and yet connected, to Ilios himself. Like the familiar tearing of the spacial fabric, the feeling had pulled at him, warning him, an announcement of something to come... from where?

And then, he knew.

His green eyes snapped open as Daseos called out to him. He shook his head. "What is it, brother?" he asked.

"I asked if you were well," the Fifth Darkrai repeated. "You look... troubled."

"It's nothing," Ilios answered. "At least, I don't believe it to be..." He frowned, looking to the sky. Morning was quickly overtaking the night, pushing away the blackness of space in favor of bright, golden rays of sunlight. That was well enough, Ilios supposed. The world had seen enough black for a lifetime... He looked back at his brother. "Daseos... Do you have everything under control here?"

Five nodded. "Of course," he said. "Why?"

"I must check on something," Ilios answered. "I will try to return soon... In the meantime, bring our brother and sister to Spear Pillar. Let them answer directly to Arceus for their actions." Daseos nodded again. Turning, Ilios waved his hand, creating a portal of darkness before him. Closing his eyes, he entered, plunging himself into the shadows once more, as behind him, Daseos departed with Three and Seven...

-Ceasefire-

IC - Goldhawk/Bounty/Sleight - Lilycove City

Things were well. That was as simply as Goldhawk--or anyone, really--could put it. The Lilycove Tower had been destroyed with the careful application of strategy (which, in this sense, simply meant hitting it with as many beams of energy as possible.) Likewise, the Hearthome Tower had been demolished, and not long after, the endless clouds of shadow had begun to lift from both Hoenn and Sinnoh. Soon enough, reports had rolled in from the Sinjoh Ruins, indicating that the battle against the Ancients had been a success.

Yes; things. Were. Well. What else needed to be said?

A lot, as it turned out.

Operations in Lilycove and Hearthome had dispersed at this point. For several hours after the towers' destruction, the combined forces of Team Liberty, Team Magma, and the Team Rocket Separatists had moved all across the affected regions, helping to repair damage to the various cities and towns where they could and--more importantly--seeking out injured or trapped civilians and getting them to safety. They had been at this task for several hours when a most unexpected thing happened: Team Rocket vehicles and agents arrived at the same scenes.

More unexpectedly: They did not attack.

No. Instead, they immediately began to assist the resistance members in their job, unifying the two groups' forces for an even larger, even more efficient disaster relief operation. Initial surprise quickly wore off, giving way to the belief in a common goal, and then to the more surprising friendly banter with one another as they worked.

For most, it was a glorious sight, indeed.

For Goldhawk, it nearly gave him a heart attack. Not because he did not appreciate the new found unity between decade-long enemies, but because a heart attack is the only appropriate response when, as the head of the largest-known anti-government rebellion organization, you spot a black helicopter approaching your location, bearing the insignia of the very enemy you were fighting against not three months ago, and out of said helicopter steps the head of said enemy organization. Goldhawk immediately suspected the worst; Bounty, too, tensed up. It was only when a woman and a small child of around nine stepped out of the helicopter that the two relaxed--somewhat.

Sleight approached them more casually than either would have expected. His posture still bore a high degree of professionalism to it, but the Shadow Admin of Kanto did not look as frigid as usual. Indeed, his stoic expression almost bore a hint of friendliness to it as he approached the Liberty and Separatist leaders. Stopping several feet in front of them, he greeted them with the signature Team Liberty salute. Surprised, Goldhawk still managed to respond with a (somewhat clumsier) Team Rocket salute, forcing himself to keep his cool. Bounty, too, seemed surprised at the gesture, though seemed to take it as a good sign, and returned it more easily and cleanly than Goldhawk.

Sleight smiled slightly, holding out his hand to the two men. "Mr. Aleivy," he said simply. "Mr. Coleman. It's been too long."

"Indeed, Admin Sleight," Bounty replied. "We weren't expecting to see you here--or your forces."

"I'm sure you weren't," Sleight answered. "I had sent a message to your headquarters, but I guess they weren't able to forward it in time." He looked around at the ruins of Lilycove. "That, or you were too busy to notice it." He shrugged. "But, that is fine. I would rather tell you what I have to say in person."

Goldhawk raised an eyebrow. "This is new for you," he said, eliciting a chuckle from Sleight.

"Walk with me, please," he said, beginning to lead the way down into Lilycove's streets. When they were out of earshot of those at the helicopter, the Shadow Admin looked up at where the Void Tower had previously been. "I would like to congratulate you on what you've accomplished today. Even with as much advanced warning as we had, Team Rocket was unable to stop--or, really, even stall--the Darkrais' advance throughout Hoenn and Sinnoh." He looked squarely at Goldhawk and Bounty. "Really--I cannot express how much I appreciate what you've done."

Bounty simply nodded in response. "It wasn't easy," he said. "But, I'm sure you guessed that."

Sleight smiled slightly. "Having said that, I feel this is the best time to make this next offer," he continued, stopping in front of the Pokémon Center. Several of its windows were broken, but overall, it remained sturdy, having survived even the massive Legendary Battle several weeks before. Placing his hands behind his back, Sleight turned to the others. "In light of the horrors that the world has seen at the hands of these Darkrai, as well as with what has recently occurred in Unova, I feel it is only fitting to offer Team Liberty and its allies an indefinite truce with Team Rocket."

This almost knocked Goldhawk off his feet. It took him several moments to get over the shock of what Sleight had just said; when he did, he could only stare at the Shadow Admin, barely managing to ask, "A... truce?" Sleight nodded. "An actual truce?" He looked at Bounty, and then back at Sleight. "That's... wow. I'm honored to hear this in person, Sleight."

Bounty frowned. "Wait a moment," he said. "I thought you and Joker were the most adamant against any form of peace with Team Liberty? Why the change of heart?"

"Isn't it obvious, Devon?" Sleight asked. He sighed, turning and raising a hand to indicate Lilycove. "This is why, quite simply. We have been fighting this war nonstop for fifteen years now, and in that time, we have seen horrific damage done to numerous regions. Unprecedented damage. We cannot recover from this and continue fighting at the same time--no one can." He locked eyes with Bounty. "Every side has suffered immeasurable casualties, leaders, Pokémon, soldiers... It's a horror story that we have here, plain and simple." Sleight blinked. "The times are changing. If you are willing to accept it, then we can suspend our fight until a future time--if we even wish to continue at that point."

Goldhawk nodded. "I'll need time to meet with my fellow leaders," he said. "But I suspect they'll be up for a ceasefire."

"Indeed. I've already conferred with Joker on the matter," he said. "She isn't pleased about it, but she'll deal with it until the most damaged cities are back on their feet. Regardless, it sounds like it's settled already. Send me your final answer in two days' time."

"Will do," Goldhawk answered. With a respectful nod, the two team leaders shook hands, Sleight returning to his helicopter as the gesture broke.

-Various Contemplations-

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Meghan Vert/TL Leaders/OthersTR LeadersGavin BranerEthan Worth - The Alamo/Chapel

For the fourth time that year, Kyle Eston sat in the Alamo's auditorium. Around him, the other Liberty Members he was familiar with were seated--Sonja, Ryan, Zach, even Ellen and countless others. It had been a few days now since the battle at the Sinjoh Ruins, though he was not entirely sure how many had passed at this point. Everything after their return to the helicopters had been... well, a blur, quite frankly. All he really remembered was sleeping on the way back to the Alamo; someone reminding the group of their promise to get ice cream whenever they got back; nearly getting crushed by Sonja's hug after getting off of the chopper; and then... this.

A special meeting.

No one was really sure what it was for. The general assumption was that it was to celebrate the Darkrais' defeat, possibly hand out a few metals for various peoples' bravery and determination and whatever else, but there were also rumors of something else. Something bigger. Some that could potentially change the face of the Liberty-Rocket game, even. Maybe it had something to do with those rumors about Sleight speaking in person with Goldhawk and Bounty...

Regardless, Kyle did not know.

"Okay, so I think I've got our game plan figured out..."

"Tell me later."

"No, no, listen! I think I've really got it down this time!"

"Attention, everyone..."

"If we just--"

"Ethan! Stop talking!"

Gavin couldn't help but face palm at his fellow Rocket member as the would-be assassin continued to try and whisper his genius, peace-creating plan to him. Eventually, the Rocket agent simply decided to ignore his older compatriot, focusing instead on the stage in front of them, where Sleight, Joker, and several other high-ranking Rockets were seated.

Like his counterpart in Team Liberty, Gavin had only a general idea of what this conference was for. Unlike Kyle, he was not nearly as interested in it. For all intents and purposes, his thoughts for the last few weeks had been stuck on something that had never truly been addressed by any of those involved in the incident. He was, of course, thinking about Pryce, and what they had seen in that... pocket dimension? Whatever it was.

It was disconcerting, to put it simply, to think that something so... alien was out there. Still, at the very least, the Darkrai were no longer a threat, as Executive McKlellen was busy explaining. As a result, most agents were still out providing assistance to those who needed it in Hoenn and Sinnoh, leaving most of the conference room empty (Thank Arceus for cameras, Gavin thought.)

He had tuned most of McKlellen's speech out, listening for the claps that would indicate its end. When they came, he moved to get up, though was stopped by Ethan. "There's more," the older agent whispered, pointing to Sleight. Gavin frowned, watching as the Shadow Admin of Kanto stood up and approached the podium. Would he deliver an additional address on the Darkrai? Or might he use this to drum up support against Team Liberty, as usual?

It was neither. His speech suggested something else entirely: A indefinite ceasefire with the rebellion organization.

Team Liberty's agents were shocked to hear this from Goldhawk. Many assumed that they had heard incorrectly, prompting the Liberty Leader to confirm what he had just said. In confusion's place, skepticism ran rampant, which quickly gave way to acceptance as people recalled the scenes immediately following Sombra's defeat.

"Peace, huh?" Kyle said. "That's... impressive, actually."

"No kidding," Sonja answered. Then, with a grin, "And to think--it's sort of because of you guys!"

Kyle looked at her, eyes slightly widened and his face flushed. "What--well, I... I guess..." he said. "Yeah... it 'sort of' was us, wasn't it? Though, mainly Seth and the others. I couldn't really do mu--" He caught Sonja's eye, immediately clamping his jaw shut. "Sorry. Self-depreciation is not cool."

Gavin turned to Ethan, arms crossed. "Still feel the need to set out your elaborate plan?"

"Nope," Ethan replied happily. "Now we just gotta work on making this temporary peace permanent!"

"I guess so..." the other Rocket agent said, nodding. "Wonder how long this will last, otherwise..."

"Six months..." Meghan Vert sat in her office, head held up in both hands, leaning forward from sheer boredom. "Siiix.... months... and no fighting..." She sighed, closing her eyes dejectedly. "And I was so close with my research, too... If I had had a little more time, a little more space, then maybe..." The Executive of Science paused. "Time... Space..."

Vert perked up. "A spark is all I need," she said quietly, rubbing her chin in thought as she stared down at the mission report on her desk. "I know who I could use..."

-Stakeout-

IC - Quincy Adams/Joker - Various

The sun shone brightly on the surface of the Lake of Rage. The mirror-like water rippled as several Pokémon swam beneath and across its surface, blissfully unaware of the two dangerous women who moved close by. One was the Shadow Admin of Johto, who monitored with rapt attention as her engineers worked on a system of four towers around the lake, as well as a platform in the very center. Various guards stood by, as well, maintaining a sturdy, if relatively lax, defense against any potential threats from the local wildlife.

As well, Quincy Adams, third apprentice to Ford, hid in the trees, eyes set on Joker as the Shadow Admin continued her work. Her mission was simple: Eliminate the Shadow Admin of Johto. Of course, that was easier said than done. Were it so easy, Adams would have simply slunk down and taken her out where she stood; unfortunately, she knew that would never work out as perfectly in real life as it did in her mind. As a result, she was stuck in her tree, contemplating possible courses of action.

Her thoughts were divided between her mission and a new development in the Team Liberty-Team Rocket war--namely, the temporary peace that had been called between the two factions and their allies. It had been several days now since the announcement had gone public, and as such, reactions were still mixed. There were some that thanked Arceus for finally intervening in the affair; others were completely and utterly dissatisfied, even disgusted, with their government's course of action, viewing it as an act of cowardice. Adams had to agree, to an extent, even if she knew that it was her organization's mission to bring an end to all conflict through any means necessary.

Strange how people could be so hypocritical...

Still, no one was as livid about the decision as Joker. Her psychic aura had been nothing short of a storm lately, indicating just how much she wished to continue the fight. Some part of her, Adams knew, really didn't, but with all that Team Liberty had done to the world--to Joker personally... Well, who could blame her? Certainly not Adams.

No; Adams only saw a means to manipulate her. A means to use her latest technology both for herself, and against the very people who had commissioned it.

The Third Child grinned, licking her lips. Oho, it was just too perfect...

-Preparations-

IC - James Pierce/Déoza Commander Damon - Hojohsin Oval Office

"So, all of this?"

The Déoza Commander referred to the written orders on the desk in front of him. He was seated across from President Pierce, in the relocated Presidential Office in Mossdeep City. For his part, Pierce merely nodded, glancing briefly at the papers before returning his careful gaze back to Damon's face. The commander smiled.

"Excellent," he said, elated. "We haven't had an order this extensive since... Well, to put it frankly, since you were in the crib, Mr. Pierce."

"And this delights you?" Pierce asked pointedly. The commander's expression faltered. "War is not something you should endorse, Mr. Damon. Ever. I apologize if I appear hypocritical, but even as a tool for a greater peace... No. It's hardly something you should be glad about. Even Mr. Castle has said as much."

"Right, right," Damon said. "My apologies. My glory days are long over, after all--at least, my war fighting days. You must excuse me if I get excitable over big guns, however. Even you must see the sheer power behind them?"

"No, no, I understand," Pierce sighed. "Regardless, please hurry. My employer is operating on a very tight schedule these days, and by association, so am I. The clock is ticking away to the set day, and so, I must ensure my task is complete as soon as possible."

"Yes, sir," the commander replied, rising from his seat. He stopped at the door, turning, a puzzle expression on his face. "If you don't mind my asking, Mr. Pierce... Team Liberty and Team Rocket are on the track to peace, are they not?"

"That they are," Pierce answered carefully.

"So, then," Damon continued. "Why does Ford still intend to attack them, if they are finally meeting with his demands?"

Pierce was silent for a moment. "Let's just say," he said slowly. "That we intend to ensure that no conflict like this ever breaks out again." He looked to the window in thought. "That is all I can tell you. Good day, Mr. Damon."

"Right..." Damon said, unconvinced by this answer. "Good day, Mr. Pierce..."

-The Fifth Child-

IC - Tyler McKinley/? - Sinjoh Ruins

The snow had reclaimed the entryway to the Sinjoh Ruins by the time McKinley arrived, Xatu in tow. The wailing wind swept around the pair, the sorrowful melody blanketing their every step and silencing their echoing footfalls. It had been several days now since Sombra's defeat, and in that time, McKinley had watched and waited--just as instructed.

Finally, it had paid off.

Wobbufett had been the one to alert him. The aged Pokémon had maintained its Shadow Tag on the ruins, one of the many locales that it kept watch on. Stationary, it had waited for McKinley in Ford's base, psychically probing the area, waiting for a trigger--and it had found one. From there, it was only a matter of returning to the place, discovering what kind of power had emerged in the area.

Carefully, McKinley moved forward, cutting his way through the narrow halls of the ruins. The wind continued to rush past him, transforming into a whistle as it swept through the small openings in the rock. Snow crunched beneath his feet, two pairs of footsteps leading any stranger directly to the trainer and his Xatu. Finally, the light of the moon appeared ahead, shining directly on a large patch of snow within the ruins. The sight of it was only a momentary surprise to the Ford Agent, as he quickly remembered what had happened in the battle against Ten--the roof had collapsed. What once was contained within was no longer safe from the outside.

That applied to the stone room--and to the teenaged boy in the room, lying, barely conscious, in the middle of the circle of snow.

McKinley stopped at the entryway, observing him for a moment. He looked familiar, though McKinley was not sure where he had seen him before. Certainly, be bore many similarities to... oh, what was his name? Regardless, his hair was black, save for several streaks of white; and even from this distance, McKinley could see the glow of his bright blue eyes, not unlike a Darkrai's.

He approached. The boy was muttering to himself, though McKinley did not catch the words. He merely walked forward, until he was standing directly above him, golden eyes staring down into blue. His quarry blinked slowly, eyes unfocused, and then looked up at McKinley. The Ford Agent smiled broadly.

"Hello, Fifth Child," he said calmly. "You don't look so well."

"Fifth...?" the boy answered, confused. "Not... my name..."

McKinley raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Well, no, it's not," he said. "It's a title. I'm the Fourth Child--Tyler McKinley. What's your name, pal?"

"Uhm..." He stalled. "Ad... Adam."

"Adam... Nice to meet you, Adam," McKinley said, holding out a hand. "I think we're going to get along juuussst fine. But, please... Do you mind if I call yooouhmm..." He considered his next words for a moment, recalling Ford's method of handing out code names to new recruits. "How about... Van. Van Harrison--Fifth Child." He grinned. "It's perfect. Let's be pals, Van... Adam... Fifth... Whatever you prefer."

-Seven Shadows-

IC - Ilios/???/???/???/???/???/???/??? - Place of Darkness

Something was wrong.

As Ilios emerged from his portal of darkness, reappearing in the familiar shadows where he had so often sought solitude from the chaos of the outside world, this fact became obvious. It was difficult to believe, difficult to even fathom, for he could not begin to conceive how it had happened. Yet, between the vacant beds of darkness, each positioned equally apart from one another around the place; the seven whispering, giggling voices emanating from the surrounding shadows, a mixture of different tones that merged to create a single, chilling symphony; and the oppressive auras that were beginning to surround him, Nine forced himself to accept the matter for what it was:

The spell had broken.

All seven were now awake. How, Nine could not begin to guess. The simple fact was that they were. The seven trainers he had observed in Sombra's conquest, all corrupted by shadows in a way that no Darkrai had ever seen before--living, unharmed by their powers, their features lightened or darkened depending on what the feature in question was. Seven living, breathing catalysts of destruction, if what he had seen from two of them had been any indication. He had not intended to let them wake up, not until he had found a way to cure their affliction--and, indeed, they should not have awoken until then.

What had happened?

He would have to find out after returning them to their slumber. Reaching out to the shadows, the Darkrai searched for the corrupted, gathering a Dark Void in his palms as he scanned the darkness. To his surprise, a soft voice responded, a short chuckle that drifted lazily in the abyss around them. A moment later, a light blue aura appeared several feet in front of Nine, outlining the silhouette of an older teen boy.

"Looking for something?" he cooed. "That's not a nice way of going about it... If you want to talk, just ask for us--we don't bite... yet."

Ilios frowned, searching his weary mind for the trainer's identity. The overpowering presences of the corrupted did little to help the task, only emphasizing the fatigue that the Darkrai still felt from the battle against Sombra. However, he remembered picking up this boy from Lavaridge--or, what remained of the place, anyway. By the time Nine had arrived, there was virtually nothing left, save for a massive crater and a trail of dark energy flowing toward the Void Tower of Hoenn. At its center, this boy, sound asleep with a contented smile.

Though Nine had wished it otherwise, the evidence indicated precisely what had occurred that day.

"I have little need to ask for you when I already know where you are," the Darkrai replied plainly. "Particularly since you do not have any means of leaving this place. But..." He clenched his fist, relinquishing the gathered Dark Void. "I do have reason to speak with you."

"Heh, what a coincidence..." The boy's tone suggested a smile. "So do we."

The Darkrai lowered his arms to his sides, still tense despite his more relaxed posture. "Very well, then," he said, carefully. "I do not know how you were awakened, but you--all of you--must return to sleep. You have been infected with something... strange. Unnatural. It is in your best interest to allow me to find a means to cure you."

Silence filled the room. Ilios maintained his gaze on the boy. Though no one spoke, the darkness seemed to quiver angrily. The Darkrai blinked. "Well?"

Still nothing. Then, "How... noble."

The words were accompanied by a sickly, green glow in the corner of Nine's eye. He turned. Directly behind him, as far away as the boy, stood another silhouetted trainer, though this one was a girl. None of her features were visible, of course, but her posture, her voice... They reminded Nine of an uncertain child. As he looked into the depths of her shadow, he saw himself in Oreburgh City, blurred hands scooping up the fainted form of a homeless girl from the streets, eyes glowing green in a reflection of his own.

"He wants to help us," she said. Her voice echoed emptily, a sad expression of surprise that barely veiled a hint of disgust at the thought. "If only... Who would want to help someone like me...? It must be a trick..." Nine was surprised by how quickly her tone changed to one of aggression.

"I mean what I say," he replied gently. "What my brothers and sisters have done to you... I do not fully understand what the potential effects are--on yourselves, or on others. This is for your sake as much as the world's."

"The world?" A purple aura appeared several feet from the first. This, too, was a boy, his voice slightly lighter than the other's. Ilios glared at him as the words left his mouth, though managed to keep his own cool. "Who cares about the world?" The speaker's glinting smile appeared from his silhouette. With a twist of his hand, two thin, purple rings of energy appeared around his palms. The sight brought to mind the two corrupted Ilios had picked up in Mossdeep City--this boy, with the purple aura; and the other male, with one of orange. The more he focused on the colors, the more clearly he could make them out amongst the darkness and the seven blended oppressions--even as the memories, his thoughts themselves became blurrier and blurrier in his mind. "This power... There's not enough money in the world to buy this kind of power--and no one more deserving of it than I."

"Funny you should say that, considering it's been granted to us all," another girl responded. Her yellow aura emerged alongside a dark blue one, which framed a girl with a similar body structure to hers. Nine vaguely recalled picking them up in a land filled with trees...

"Think twice before talking to me like that, wench," the boy replied. "And what's that even supposed to mean, exactly?"

"It means you're on our level, like it or not," the third girl answered. "A few months from now... heck, given my sister's habits, you might find yourself down a couple of powers, Moneybags. Wouldn't that be lovely?"

Light blue, green, purple, orange, yellow, and dark blue... Ilios thought, closing his eyes. That leaves... He turned his head as the seventh trainer appeared--the outlier. The man who had come not from this world, but from another--from a portal near Ecruteak, which he had proceeded to destroy. His red aura worked well to disguise his features; and yet, the longer Nine looked at him, the more he felt that the man seemed... familiar. As if he had encountered him somewhere even before the Lake of Rage...

"All of you, shut up," he spat. "Look at this pathetic... excuse for a living being. So ancient, so powerful, and yet already he's showing how weak he really is." The red-aura'd trainer dared to take a step forward, breaking the perfect shape that had formed around Nine. "Why don't you get up and show us your true power?"

"Maybe he can't?" the orange-energied being wondered aloud. "Should we just... absorb him ourselves?"

"No, no, come on--don't be so hasty," the first boy said calmly. It was almost a relief to hear his voice, after the threats present behind the others' words. Almost. The jogger walked slowly forward, his actions bringing silence back upon the others. Hidden himself by the darkness, Nine felt himself collapse to the ground, and weakly tried to open a portal through which to escape. It did not work, a fact that he accepted with a solemn bow of his head.

When have I ever run from a fight, anyway? he wondered. I am not going to start now...

The boy stooped down in front of him. Nine looked at his face as the shadows began to lift from the trainer's body, revealing his pale complexion, his eyes as bright as the aura that surrounded him, the dark brown hair spiking out from the visor he wore on his forehead. Without hesitation, he placed a hand on the Darkrai's shoulder; immediately, Nine felt a mixture of despair and fatigue wash over him.

"So, buddy, here's the deal," the boy said, as if addressing an old friend. "We've got people to find on the other side. You hear me? People. No one in particular, really, just... people. I know you're wondering what I could mean, but trust me--we'll know 'em when we feel 'em." He shifted. "Problem is, we don't have a way out of here. But you do. So how's this--bring us home, and we'll let you go."

Nine merely studied the jogger for several moments. "I think... you're bluffing."

The jogger grinned lazily. "Aw, how'd you kn--?" He was interrupted as Ilios thrust his hands up, stumbling back as a Dark Void was shoved directly into his chest. As his hand left the Darkrai's shoulder, Nine felt his energy return to him, and managed to launch another Dark Void at the jogger before feeling a burst of energy strike him in the back from the beggar. Weakly, he looked up, hoping that, at the very least, he had managed to put one back to sleep.

His hopes were crushed as he saw the jogger go limp for a moment, almost falling over before his hands shook. Soon enough his arms had followed suit, until the action had moved into the rest of his body, and he lifted his hands up, reaching into his chest and extracting a sphere of shadow, which floated in his cupped palms. Licking his lips, the jogger moved forward, lowering himself down to Nine's level again. Deftly, he crushed the sphere between his palms, a smile on his face the entire time.

"Nice shot," he said. "But here's a twist from me to you--I eat sleep." Nine's eyes widened, as did the boy's grin. "Yup! It was me--I woke us up. Signal was given, I followed suit, yadda yadda yadda... Anyway, your mind is about to be overwritten, so I guess it's only fair to ask..." He leaned forward. "Any last words before we make you ours?"

Ilios could barely bring himself to speak. "Just... what are you?"

"Heh; that's easy," the boy said, standing up. "I used to be Decaia Holts. Nowadays, though..." Decaia backed up into his original position, raising a hand. A symbol appeared on it, glowing the same color as his aura, though quickly became hidden as light blue rings appeared around his palm. "They call me... Sloth."

Sloth...? What does--?

These were Ilios's last thoughts before seven separate beams of energy struck him, coating him in unimaginable mental and physical pain for several moments, before all semblance of his self disappeared from his conscious mind, before all went blank...

OOC: Whew. Developments!
-Approximately six months have been skipped to both catch the RPG up to the current RL date and to allow for adequate time for repairs and such to occur in the various regions.
-Sleight has declared a ceasefire, which has held strong for the entirety of the skip.
-Unova's security has relaxed somewhat due to the above. While travel is still monitored there, it is no longer restricted.
-Tyler McKinley has recruited Ford's fifth apprentice--Adam, a.k.a. Van Harrison.
-Seven new enemies have appeared! But who are they, who are they after, and why haven't they surfaced in the outside world yet?

So yeah. Consider any location to be open as a new start-up point, really--I'm not picky. Just keep it reasonable. =)

Edited by Pears Nivans

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Oh you, combining one of my favorite stories with the newest plot. :3IC - Justin Iredsi, Lilycove CityJustin buried his feet in the sand, beneath the ocean waves. He could sleep easier knowing that Team Liberty and Team Rocket held a truce, but that didn't mean he didn't tense up every time an Rocket Officer passed by. It was a strange feeling.His hometown was hit hard by the war, but it'd been fairing well during the recovery months. His house was completely destroyed, but it may not have been because of the void tower's appearance. It was almost as if it had never existed...His thoughts were awoken by the sound of Sparks splashing around. "Hey bud," Justin said, bringing his feet up from the sand. "Let's go crash at the Center,"

OOC: Oh man, this'll be interesting... I'm seeing a couple things this could be from, but unless everyone has the power Decaia has, he'll be my favourite of these, simply because Data Drain-like ability.-==IC: Zach//Goldenrod City==-Zach sighed, as he stood in the middle of the street. People passed him, giving him odd looks, but the 19 year old paid little attention to them, as he opened his eyes and stared into the sky.Six months... And no word on what happened. Well... Fragments; rumours; but nothing more. Zach thought, as he reflected on how he had been helping out with repairs to Ecruteak and wherever else needed help with repairing. People were wary of him, especially those at the Alamo, but he was determined to make things right, however he could. Zach wasn't entirely certain where Aspen was; but since he needed to get info first anyway, he wasn't too worried. Zach glanced at a Pokeball, which contained his newly hatched Riolu, and frowned, as he wondered what to do now.OOC: I'll get up Zach's profiles first, as they're pretty much easier to handle. =P Including the new one for Riolu.-==IC: Ray//Olivine City==-Ray frowned, as he looked around the city. He was searching for something; but what?"It's around here somewhere, I'm certain of it." Alt Entei told him mentally; his colours were slowly turning to normal, from being in this dimension for so long, but his abilities were as skilled as ever."But where?" Ray wondered, as he walked forward... However, as he turned his head, a glint of something shiny caught his eyes. Ray walked over to it, and knelt down. It was a metal clip, and Ray sighed, as he picked it up."She was here after all..." Ray said, a look of worry on his face.-==IC: Ryan//Black City==-The clanking of prison doors caused one certain prisoner to look up."Calm down everyone; nothing to see here." The guard said, as he opened up the doors to the prisoner in question's cell. The prisoner looked at the guard with emotionless eyes; his will for living stolen six months prior, when it was revealed that his girlfriend was in fact alive; and the one he had seemed to hurt the most. The fact that his father had betrayed him and caused this entire situation didn't help a bit."It seems it's your lucky day. Someone's here to visit you." The guard said, but the prisoner did not respond."Oh come on, 'Black'; you spend every day moping in that cell. You deserve it, in my opinion, for what you did to the region; but even people like you need a chance to talk to people every so often." The guard continued with a sigh, as Ryan Hikari, otherwise known as 'Black' simply focused on a spot on the wall. However, the guard also noticed it and frowned in puzzlement."What does that even mean...?" The guard asked, as he saw a rather complex equation on the walls; something that made no sense to him. Black, however, simply shrugged, and slowly stood up."... Just get it over with..." The prisoner stated, the events of the battle in the tower in that very city having broken him and drained his will to do much of anything; because he knew he was beyond redemption.Black walked toward the visitation room with the guard escorting him; the prisoner made no moves to do anything, having accepted this was the best place for him, since he didn't have to talk to anyone; though obviously that was incorrect now that this happened. When he got there, he noticed there was an odd guy sitting in the booth he was being led to, and then picked up the phone."Man; I thought you'd never get here." The person stated, and Black frowned."... Who are you?" Black asked, not recognizing him at all."Heh. I've been told you're a pretty powerful trainer." The man said, and Black looked away."Maybe I was in the past... But those days are behind me. You never answered my question, either." Black noted, and the man smiled enigmatically, as he nodded."Hmm, interesting answer. I think you're not as done as you may think." The person replied, and Black growled."Quit it with the enigmatic replies; and just tell me who you are!" Black yelled, as the man smiled confidently, Black's reaction being what he expected."Well then; I'm your ticket out of here."

OOC: Wow, I can't wait to see where this new plot takes us.

IC (Past):

April 22

Mr. Burks sat on the edge of his daughter’s bed, his face buried in his hands. Today was Ellen’s tenth birthday. But Ellen herself was nowhere to be found. She had disappeared nearly four months ago, on Christmas Day. It was no secret where she had gone; the young girl had been kind enough to leave a note for her parents, explaining her decision to continue traveling with the friends she had met on her journey. They were going to try and stop the criminal known as “Black” and after that would most likely be trying to stop the Ancient Darkrai from taking over the world.

Naturally, this was of little comfort to Ellen’s parents. They could only watch, horrified, as news of the battle between Palkia and Kyurem flashed across the television. The battle had ravaged Accumula Town, where Mr. Burks’ brother lived. He had taken comfort in the fact that neither his brother nor Ellen had been counted in the death toll, but he had heard nothing from his daughter since. For all he knew she could have been killed in the battle against the Darkrai or in some other skirmish in the war.

Sure, Mr. Burks had heard the news of Team Rocket and Team Liberty’s peace treaty, but he doubted that it would last much longer and what he had heard from his fellow Déoza agents suggested that it wouldn’t. Besides, the fact remained that Ellen was just a kid. She should be out enjoying life, safe from harm, celebrating her tenth birthday with her friends and family. Instead she was Arceus knew where, enjoying a peace that could not last. And when war finally broke out again... Ellen would be caught right in the middle of it.

There was a knock on the door as Mrs. Burks entered. "Are you okay, Paul?" she asked, sitting down beside her husband.

"Do you even need to ask?" Mr. Burks sighed. He glanced at Ellen’s bed stand. On it stood a small picture of Ellen, her father, and Artemis. The photo had been taken exactly three years ago, when Ellen had received her Mienfoo.

"I remember that day," Mrs. Burks smiled, following her husband’s gaze. "Ellen had grown up with Solo practically her whole life, and you had been worried about her adjusting to having a second Pokemon. But she was so happy to have a new friend. She was so full of joy."

As a blacksmith, Paul Burks was a rather burly man and was rarely seen crying. But in that moment, he broke down and started bawling. "Anna... where did we go wrong?" he asked. "We’ve tried to be good parents, protected her, provided for her... why would our little Ellen choose to leave us?"

Anna Burks laid her head on her husband’s shoulder, tears running down her face as well. "Perhaps... perhaps we did too good of a job protecting her," she said. "Ellen is a curious child, and we’ve been keeping her cooped up in Village Bridge. Stop blaming yourself, Paul; she wanted nothing more than to see the world… and upon seeing it, she wanted to save it."

Mr. Burks reached for a small box that stood next to the picture. He slowly opened it, being careful not to damage to bow on top. Inside laid a single Pokeball – what was intended to be Ellen’s birthday present. Picking up the ball and turning it into its ‘translucent’ mode, Paul saw a disappointed Oddish staring up at him. He had gotten this Oddish for Ellen in hopes of sating her curiosity about the regions outside of Unova. But now it was clear that Ellen wouldn’t be coming home anytime soon. "I’m going after her," he said suddenly, a determined look in his eyes.

"What?" Anna said in surprise.

"David Castle told us that Ford needs some Déoza agents in Hoenn and the surrounding regions to help James Pierce; and one of the agents he needs is a blacksmith. Ellen should be in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh. If I travel to those regions for a couple of months, I might be able to find her and bring her home."

"The question is, will she want to come home?" Mrs. Burks asked.

"Don’t say that," Paul sighed.

"All I’m saying is that Ellen might not want to come back to Village Bridge," Anna explained. "I know it’s hard to think about, but you have to be prepared for that possibility."

Paul Burks stared at the ground for a long time before finally pocketing the Oddish. "...I don’t know what I would do in that situation," he admitted. "But I have to go. I have to at least know that she’s safe."

IC (present): Ryan
Ryan stepped back and smiled at his new house in Fortree. His old house had burned down in the fire that had ravaged the city when the Ancient Darkrai attacked, and so as he helped Fortree in its rebuilding process, the Liberty Agent had constructed himself a new home. Of course, Ryan was sure that once all the rebuilding was finished he would return to Four Island, but in the meantime he needed a place to stay. Not to mention, these past few months had given Ryan a taste of peace. When the war had truly ended, whenever that might be, Ryan hoped he could return to his hometown and return to the life he'd had before Team Rocket had driven him out. It was a silly fantasy, of course -- the life he'd lived before Team Liberty was long gone and there was no way he could reclaim it, but he could at least try.

As he observed his handiwork, Ryan idly fingered the Pokedex in his pocket. He had found the device in the backpack he had grabbed when Dack Majors and a handful of other Rocket Agents had driven him out of his home. His talks with Gold during their travels in Unova had reminded him that Pokedexes weren't just given out to trainers like candy. So what were his parents doing with one, and why had he never seen it until he pulled it out of the backpack? Ryan's parents had been captured by Team Rocket under the pretense that they had been supporting Team Liberty... maybe that had something to do with the Pokedex?

With a heavy sigh, Ryan wondered how his parents were doing. The thought crossed his mind whenever he found himself working alongside a Rocket Agent in the rebuilding process. He rarely brought it up, as he found it slightly awkward to ask Team Rocket about their prisoners, even in times of peace. The few times he had mustered up the courage to ask about his parents, the Rocket Agent he was asking did not know anything about the situation.

Reaching into his pocket, Ryan pulled out an old photo of himself, his parents, and Quil -- it was the only photo he had been able to salvage from the wreckage of his old home. Placing the photo inside a picture frame he had just bought from the Poke Mart, Ryan looked around his new home with a bittersweet smile. He had tried to construct the home exactly like his old home had been, but it still wasn't the same. The floorboards were too straight, the sunlight came through the windows at the wrong angle, and there was an obvious lack of furniture. It served as a constant reminder that no matter how much he tried to cling to his old life, things would never be quite like they used to.

IC: Ellen
"There you go!" Ellen smiled as Maturin carefully watered a small tree. The sight of a Turtwig gripping a water pail in its mouth was hilarious. The ten-year-old girl looked around at the canopy of trees with a grin. She had come to Fortree with Ryan to help rebuild the city of trees. It had been a long process; first they had to cut down all the burnt trees, then plant new ones. For some time the citizens of the treetop city had been forced to live on the ground. But Fortree was finally starting to look like it once did. Of course, the reconstruction efforts had been largely focused on the city itself. One didn't have to travel far into the forest south of the city to find charred trees poking out of the ground -- a blackened shell of their former glory.

Ellen's thoughts were interrupted by a scraping sound. She turned around in horror to see Chrono scratching at the tree Maturin had just watered in order to sharpen his claws. "Chrono!" she cried, grabbing the cat and pulling him away from the tree. "I've told you before; you can only do that to the big trees! We need this one to grow up healthy; we can't have you digging your claws into it!"

The Purrloin leapt out of Ellen's arms with a scowl and began licking his paws, ignoring his trainer's scolding.

"What am I going to do with you, Chrono?" Ellen sighed. After her battle against Seven, Ellen had redoubled her efforts at bonding with the Purrloin, but to no avail. Chrono seemed to roll his eyes her every attempt, almost as if he outright refused to bond with her. This worried Ellen -- she had never had so much trouble in bonding with a Pokemon before. If Team Rocket and Team Liberty could enjoy peace, why couldn't she and her Purrloin?

Edited by Konuju