Media Discussion Rules
Welcome to Media Discussion! This topic will serve to present the updated rules of this forum.
-- This topic's tag will always reflect the date of the latest update. Information on what was updated will always be found in the "Edited by" line at the bottom of the post. --
Media Discussion vs. Digital Discussion:
I believe it would be prudent to clarify what topics are appropriate to post here, and what ones belong in the apartment below ours. One man's ceiling is another man's floor, as Marketplace Banter & Promotions. And it is to be assumed that, in these topics, official LEGO releases will be discussed; your fan-made creations should go in an appropriate forum in the Creative Outlet.
And if I may just make one final note: there are existing official topics that cover certain subjects. I will list them at the end.
What belongs in Digital Discussion:
Topics about LEGO releases found exclusively in digital format, including:
- Topics about LEGO websites
- Topics about LEGO video games
- Topics about LEGO music (see the following note for clarification!)
On the Discussion of Music:
Since no LEGO music has been released officially in any hard-copy form, and is available (usually through the efforts of the fans) only digitally, most music discussion belongs in the Digital Discussion forum. Most, but not all. I would like to attempt to clarify which musical topics belong in this forum, and which topics belong in Digital.
Which musical topics belong here:
- Discussion of soundtracks in reference to the media containing them; e.g., a topic discussing the effectiveness of the score in Legends of Metru Nui.
- Discussion of fictional, fan-proposed soundtracks; e.g., a topic asking what music you would have used for Web of Shadows.
- Analysis of LEGO-related music.
- Discussion of the various composers who have scored LEGO media.
Which musical topics belong in Digital Discussion:
- Discussion of the actual music files and where to obtain them.
- Discussion of music found in digital content, such as LEGO video game music.
Follow BZPower's Rules & Guidelines. That's really all there is to say on the matter, but I will list the most important ones:
Do not flame. Be respectful; be courteous. Please.
Do not spam. Please stay on topic and make sure there is substance to your posts.
Do not post duplicate topics. Please use the search feature in the top right-hand corner before posting your topic.
Use the report button! Please do not post to correct or reprimand a poster who has broken the rules; simply use the report button below the post to bring it to the moderators' attention.
Regarding revival: The revival limit in this forum is thirty days. The forum will not display topics older than this, but they will still be accessible by other means, so do please mind the date of the last post. This does not apply to any pinned or official topics.
For the time being, there is no spoiler policy like the old two-week one that we are enforcing in Media Discussion. However, we do ask that you make use of the spoiler tags when discussing new information. The spoiler tags are placed like this:
This will appear like so:
- Official Favorite Bionicle Movie Poll
- Official Favorite Comic Book Artist Poll
- Official Favorite/Least Favorite Book Topic
Thank you for reading. I will leave this topic open in the event that anyone has a question he or she would like to ask about these policies.
On behalf of all the BZPower staff, we hope you enjoy the time you spend here!
The Media staff:
The Forum Mentor Team
Edited by -Windrider-, Dec 22 2012 - 08:33 PM.
General update and revision.