pokemon_logo.png

I thought I'd go ahead and post this topic for discussion of the good old Pokemans, given that there currently exists no such topic for Pokemon. Feel free to discuss anything about this wonderful franchise, its games, anime, etc.

So, yeah, I've spent part of my time during BZP's absence working on EV training several Pokes in White, as well as having a few battles with my brother. How have you all fared in training recently?

~B~ Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 3

Huzzah! I've been having fun with Gen V. I'm really not quite up with EV training, so I need to get back on that; it'll probably help me beat the super train. I can get to the last set of seven, but then I just can't seem to beat that particular line. Also, I phase in and out of being interested in the Dream World; it needs to get more of the Japanese promotions.

I EV trained one Pokemon, that Gible that I had been breeding. Haven't done much else, though I got some trainer card upgrades.I have been updating my C-Gear with the different skins, of course, though I missed the eeveelution promotion. =p

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

EV training doesn't seem like that big a deal anymore to me since I started RNGing my pokes. Can take days to generate one with perfect IVs x-x (only if your bad at hitting seeds like I am) Also, power items and pokerus can make EV training only take an hour or two. Not really a bad deal then.

Edited by Solo

Yeah, I agree. With vitamins I can EV train a Pokemon in around 20 minutes. Also . . . yeah, RNGing sounds painful. I'd rather spend the day breeding for a near perfect Poke, so I have lots of trade fodder afterward. ~B~

Breeding for a near perfect is far too inefficient though, chances of getting a 31/31/31/31/31/31 is somewhere in the millions. RNGing is just a way to improve those odds a lot. Though some who are better at it then myself can get a perfect in not time. It really depends on experience. Also, catching perfects is considerably easier, especially stationary legendaries. RNG breeding is the worst due to frames. NPCs moving is the main problem. The method while hard to pick up does work and is fun to get a perfect. So far I managed to get myself a perfect Hydreigon, ditto, scizor, and Gliscor (with poison heal).Can also be used to get shinys too if that's ones deal, though there still isn't a good way to get them in Gen 5. No ones figured out how to guess ones secret ID without some cheating device.

Uber Bunny, I'm sure someone would be willing to take it off your hands if you aren't going to use it. :P Nice Drillbur, though.I assume it has Sand Rush? ~B~

Hai. I also have a max speed Sand Rush Jolly Drillbur if you want that.

I

___warned

__________you

______________about

____________________the

_______________________stairs

____________________________bro

99041.png

Solo -- you can do the breeding as a process of accumulation, though. Breed a random Poke with a perfect IV in a stat as the father with mother of desired species. Breed until another perfect or near perfect IV appears. Then, take the child with the better IVs and replace it with the parent of its gender. Continue the process, and eventually the IVs will stack, paticularly if you get good offspring with opposite genders to pair up. So no, you don't entirely rely on the 31^6 chance of a perfect one magically appearing. ~B~

By the way, just to let you all know, while Nintendo's wifi metagame lacks any bans other than BST 670+ Pokemon besides Regigigas and Slaking, along with all Pokemon only attainable from events, and Sky Drop in multiples battles (due to a glitch,)here are the current simulator bans: All Pokemon with a BST of 670 or higher barring Slaking and Regigigas.along with the following vote bans: BlazikenDeoxys (Attack and Normal formes)GarchompManaphyDarkraiShaymin-SExcadrill (recently)Thundurus (recently) MoodyHaving a Pokemon with the ability Swift Swim and another Pokemon with the ability Drizzle on the same team Notable exceptions (Gen IV Ubers/things Game Freak bans but aren't actually overpowering) MewWobbuffetCelebiWynautSalamenceLatiosLatiasJirachiDeoxys-S and Deoxys-NShaymin Land FormeKyurem

Edited by Toa Neya 2011 Edition

Never fear change.

Wait, they banned Excadrill? Huh, that's interesting. Didn't really like the thing anyway. Too many common weaknesses. Anyway, I've been trying to make a good Random Matchup team, but I can't really find good Grass or Electric types to use. Here's what I'm thinking of using: Garchomp (with unorthodox moveset)StarmieInfernapeWeavile Any suggestions? And is using a Rapid Spinner a good idea in Random Matchup?

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

The main issue people found with Excadrill is that it tended to put a large restriction on team variety, and it prevented people from running many viable Choice Scarf users to deal with other threats like Dragonite. Hey, I didn't like Thundurus, but better players found it to be pretty abusable. For that random matchup team, what format are you planning to use it in? Also, list the movesets, stats, and EVs of your team.

Edited by Toa Neya 2011 Edition

Never fear change.

I was planning to use it in Singles. Here's the rest of the info. I don't have it built yet, but here's what I'm planning (or kinda planning): Garchomp Sand Veil Hasty/Naive 4HP, 252Atk, 252Speed Undecided itemDragon RushFire Blast (For steels and such)Hone Claws (To boost Dragon Rush and Fire Blast to 100% acc.)Earthquake Starmie Natural Cure Modest 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252 Speed Undecided itemScaldPsychic (for Fighting-types)Ice BeamRapid Spin? Infernape Blaze Naive/Hasty 128Atk, 128SpAtk, 252 Speed Undecided itemFlamethrowerClose CombatStone EdgeMach Punch Weavile Pressure Jolly 4HP, 252Atk, 252Speed Focus SashIce PunchNight SlashSwords Dance?Pursuit/Low Kick/Ice Shard? I'm thinking of maybe using Ferrothorn, but that thing's being used by everyone and their dog, and it doesn't really fit the rest of my team, Protecting and Leech Seeding and all. So, to recap, I need a good Grass and Electric-type. Suggestions?

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Ahhh... it's good to be back. When we last left off, I believe we were talking about which Bionicle characters look like which Pokemon. I made this sketch in Photoshop and have been waiting a long time to share it:mummy1.jpg Linework is a bit shoddy. This was one of my first drawings with a graphics tablet. EDIT: GAH! Why is it so big? I thought these forums gave you a resize option...

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I suppose I may as well share my Subway doubles team. I even managed to beat Emmet with it once: Tyranitar @ Air BalloonAdamant natureSand Stream252HP/252Att/6 Spe-Protect-Earthquake-Rock Slide-Crunch Landorus@ Rock GemJolly NatureSand Force6HP/ 252 Att /252Spe-Protect-Rock Slide-Fly-Earthquake Excadrill@ Focus SashJolly natureSand Rush6HP/ 252Att/ 252Spe-Rock Slide-Earthquake-X-scissor-Protect Gyarados@ Lum Berry-Ice Fang-Protect-Aqua Tail-Earthquake Main strategy is to spam Quakeslide, but the common weaknesses means there is some prediction involved, especially with Tyranitar's Air Balloon/Excadrill's sash and Fakeout users. I think having Protect on everyone is a good strategy, as it's saved my backside quite a few times (especially when it comes to avoiding Ally earthquakes). Sometimes it just feels wrong that a team with three weaknesses to water does so well... but, hey, I'm not complaining.

Edited by Alyska

Alyska: Very nice, I hadn't realized the similarities between Lewa Nuva and Scyther before this, very interesting. =D As for the resize, I'm not sure... Maybe that functionality was removed with the upgrade? Or that it's something that needs to be re-enabled? Not sure.

Excadrill maybe, but apparently it's been banned in typical competitive play(Not official tournaments that means. =P)...Darmanitan's pretty good too, and can own people very effectively. =P And it's always fun to confuse people with Zoroark. =D

Excadrill maybe, but apparently it's been banned in typical competitive play(Not official tournaments that means. =P)... Darmanitan's pretty good too, and can own people very effectively. =P And it's always fun to confuse people with Zoroark. =D

Yeah... I still haven't beaten the elite 4 in this game. Do they still have EV booster items? I kind of gave up with EV training... I'm going to do most of it on my 'mons in my HG, and THEN transfer them.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Alyska, the old auto-resize appears to have gone away in this forum version; my blog now has a bunch of oversized images. Anyway, about that team you're showing ... why does Landorus have Protect twice? :P ~B~

Because you can NEVER have too much protection! ...eh. Fixed that. One of them is Earthquake. Have to be careful using it when your partner is Tyranitar, but that's where Air Balloon and Protect come in. Anywaaay, I need help evolving a Poliwhirl and Porygon. If anyone can do an evolution trade with me, I have a number of female Pokemon with Dream World abilities to give you in return. Edited by Alyska

The only Gen V I have trained is STILL Hydreigon. Pokemon just hasn't captured my attention much lately. And I have a half finished Reshiram, but that's not much use, is it? Thinking I'll train a Machamp next. Something to go with Trick Room, I think. Which would mean I need to train a Trick Roomer... meeeeeh. Any suggestions for a sturdy Trick Roomer? Something that could heal itself or heal others would be ideal.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Over the downtime I have gotten a lot done with my Platinum version, and got a Black version, which I finished. Also I got some to level 100, thanks to the action replay device I got, which also means I can get an unlimited amount of any pokemon. ^_^

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

I would be willing to help; but I'd have to do the trade tomorrow, since it's nearly 9 PM here. =PAnd you have a female Dream World Eevee? Is it from the japanese event world that recently ended? Just curious. And what ability does Gligar have? I forget, to be honest. ^_^;

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

Ah, I see, in both cases.Poison Heal might be a good ability. Haven't really experimented with it, but if it does what I think, it'd definitely be a good way of healing you, provided the Opponent didn't realize. =PSay. Can you still breed Extremespeed onto Dratini in Gen 5? Specifically onto DW Ability Dratini?

Yes, you can, but the only possible parent that can have it is a gen 4 Dratini. Poison heal is a very good ability. What you do is run it with a Toxic Orb, Fling the orb at an opponent to poison them too, then spam Acrobatics, which has 110 base power (plus STAB) when you're not holding an item.

Well yeah, that's what I was trying to hint at. =P And since pretty much every player who knows how to correctly answer that quiz has one, and likely bred it to create more speedy Dratini... >=DOoh. I hadn't realized that possibility; now that's genius. And a very good Pokemon. =D

Uhhh... I bred a 31 Attack/31 Special Attack/31 Speed Deino and got a Hasty 31 Attack./31 Speed Zekrom while the forum was down, and I still cannot decide which EV spread I should give Deino so it can be a mixed attacker... I also spent a lot of time in the Dream World, and I haven't been there in a while due to school...

--==My MOCs==--

I bred a 31 Attack/31 Special Attack/31 Speed Deino and got a Hasty 31 Attack./31 Speed Zekrom while the forum was down, and I still cannot decide which EV spread I should give Deino so it can be a mixed attacker...

nature on deino? keep in mind that, what with pokesav and RNGs, perfect IVs aren't such a huge deal nowadays. and mixdreigon isn't the best in the world ever since it has such a fantastic special movepool, and mixmence out-classes it anyways.@Takava: i'd ditch weavile, since you already have infernape, and the two are played similarly, except weavile is in a lower tier, and he's in a lower tier for a reason. Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

It feels so good to have this topic back up. :innocent: I've been EV training a LOT of Pokemon over the hiatus. I've even leveled up my Hydreigon and Excadrill to Lv. 100 without use of Rare Candies. It's the first time I've ever done that with any Pokemon. :P As of today, I have 24 EV-trained Kanto Pokes, 12 Johto, 11 Hoenn, 28 Sinnoh, and 30 Unova. Now that I have a 3DS, I have WiFi again, so if anyone would like to battle or trade, PM me for a FC exchange. I have a LOT of good breedable and untouched Pokemon left over from breeding for good IVs.

Oh yes, that reminds me, I actually got my Lilligant to Level 100 during the summer. Those EXP Pass Powers really help, especially when you combine it with a Lucky Egg, the trade flag, and mindless Audino farming. =P