Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

d3banner.png

NOTICE! NEW TOPIC IS READY!

CLICK HERE!

Well everyone, before i begin, i would like to give a brief explenation.For quite some time now, i have hoped to start up a Choose Your Own Adventure, or CYOA.Recently, i have noticed a slight gain in popularity of this sort of comic - and, i assure you - i've had this idea for quite a lot longer, and have just recently managed to improve my skills as a spriter and artist to pull this off - of course, i still have plenty of room for improvements. I have seen several CYOAs, and i intend to keep references to them at a minimal - unless, of course, someone sends me an 'action' related to one. Some basic rules are as follows:1. Character 'actions' must be adressed to the character's name, once other characters are introduced. I.E <Name>: <action>2. Action commands should be sent in PM, to remove clutter to the topic.3. If you are interested in any sort of cameo appearance, be it recurring or singular, please PM it to me, so as to keep the topic relatively clutter-free. Cameos must include spritesheet, either chimoru Sixshade, Kal, or R, i won't accept any others, as well as their name, action-command abbreviation, description, and powers. Cameos can be either a Simple Cameo [Equivalent to GS, may be in a few strips, or be a background character], or a Lasting Cameo [Equivalent to PGS, will be recurring character and should be around for awhile.]4. I am most likely to post each new 'comic' in a new post, as putting them in links would sort of... 'ruin the effect'.[AUTHOR NOTE: Update frequency depends on, for the most part, how many action commands i recieve in PM! So, please don't not-send me a command just because you think someone else already has - it may or may not be very likely, although sometimes i may be already working on the comic. Keep trying though, for the sake of the comic!]PLEASE KEEP IN MIND.Once you become a cameo, your character will be at the whims of those who give action commands, and the whims of how i play things out. In this sort of comic, it's something that has to be done.Regardless, i will try to keep what happens to the character within their... 'description'.Current Lasting Cameos:1. King Joe2. Justax-Kal3. Soran4. Utah5. Facade(Technically closed, but, feel free to send in a request. I might be able to use you at some point.)Current Simple Cameos:1. JiMing2. RO - (Ptolemaios)3. Open4. Open5. Open(People will be removed from the CSC list as they are moved out of place by newer CSCs, to keep in track of the latest ones.)Current available people for ACsLeraku: LERJustax-Kal: JKKing Joe: KJUtah: UTSoran: SORFacade: FACACS are enabled for everyone at the moment.Trophies:Soran's SANDWICH trophytrophy.pngUtah's JOLAND SEAL OF APPROVAL trophythe_joland_seal_of_approval.pngBannersSeason One bannerdentsdingsdisastersbanner.pngSeason Two bannerd3bannerseasontwo.pngSeason One fan banner by Soran (Image is too large, please click first link for Soran's fan banner)d3banners2redux.pngSeason Two Banner ReduxFeel free to contribute a fan banner!And now...Dents.Dings.and Disasters.awakeningsunfixed.pngAn orange matoran has awoken on the beach. Nearby is what looks like a large boulder, and far off, further down the beach behind him, there seems to be an odd collection of 'lilypads'.He can remember his name, but he does not seem to know why he would want to recall it. He knows it after all.What will you do? Edited by Black Six

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

IMPORTANT EDIT: For some reason, i don't seem to be 'allowed to use the private messaging system'.Which i find... well, odd, to say the least. Until this is resolved, i'm not sure how this comic will be able to be progressed aside from input on DeviantArt from some of my aqquaintances. Any suggestions/help?

You can't use the PM system because you're in the New Members group (more information on that in the second section of this topic). You'll need to make ten counted posts (not in Q&A, Voting Booth, Games & Trivia, Shops & Kits, or Completely Off Topic) before you'll be put in the regular Members group with the ability to PM.You've got seven already, so three hopefully won't take long. Sets and General Discussion are good places to go if you're looking to make a few posts. Until then, there's not much you could do on BZP to take suggestions. This is why we love Windrider. Edited by Ziko

This is my mistake; I added a note saying that action commands should be PMed. Obviously, however, I somehow failed to register that Leraku is in the New Members group. I sincerely apologize for this confusion.Let me say, therefore, that those interested are allowed to post action commands for now; however, please be sure to include feedback on what is already posted as well. That is, an action command should be part of an otherwise legal post.I must apologize once more! I am not a clever person. As partial recompense, allow me to say the effects you used for the cirrus and cumulus clouds are excellent. In addition,> OM: Slowly get to your feet, and, striking a classic searching pose, gaze into the sky.

Edited by -Windrider-

Thanks a lot. I had read the rules at one point - but, i suppose i should give it a quick re-read! Never hurts, after all. Anyways! On with the show.>OM: Slowly get to your feet, and, striking a classic searching pose, gaze into the skyclassicpose.pngThus far, he has done well, and, gazing in awe of the beautiful sky, seeks -blindedbyawesome.pngOW WHY DID YOU FORGET YOUR TELESCOPIC SCOPE ON YOUR MASKOW OW OWSTUPIDWhat will you do?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

This is a very interesting concept. I actually enjoy it! It's different than some of the other versions people have made. I like the fact that you use colored backgrounds instead of the traditional black and white background. Nice work! I'll be watching these!>OM: You rub your eyes and start walking to the right.-Rez

Thanks for the feedback, i'm looking forwards to actually having a successful comic series for once.>OM: Rub your eyes and walk to the right.rubeyesrun.pngOW OW OW. Which way is right again?blindboulder.pngOh. Maybe you shouldn't walk with your eyes closed... What's that up in the corner?What will you do now?

Sisen said:

One thing I think could have been done better in the second comic you made is put the effect on his face behind him instead of in front of his face. That's just one thing I noticed looked a bit odd. Besides that good job!>OM: You turn to the left, and see a hammer. You then jump up unable to reach it. How will you get it down?-Rez

This looks fun. It should become even more so when you reach standard member status. Also, I echo what Reznas said about that effect, it's a little off.OM: Attempt to build a ladder out of your arms, some duck tape, a bit of string, and chewed bubblegum.This should be after Reznas's post.

Yeah, i'll admit, the effect bugged me a bit too - i guess i forgot to fix it. I'll keep it in mind from now on, thanks![EDIT: Also, keep in mind, don't feel like you can't make a post just because it seems a little out of character range - i have been, and will be making edits to OM's spritesheet for custom poses, for when the action calls. I even made a custom 360 spinny using the basis of the 6-shade chimoru combined with Chimoru Kal, to give him maximum posability when it comes to looking at things in the background and such - unfortunately, i hadn't made this at the time of the 'look-at-the-sun' post, i just made it today. I'm not sure why i did, but, i guess i gave him a side-kick pose? Oh well! Thanks for all of the input.]>OM: You turn to the left and see a hammer. How will you get it down?hammerspaceintro.pngOdd ideas of jumping and ladders - involving his arms [which he really would prefer to keep snugly attatched to his torso], objects that he doesn't even have, or necessarily don't even know of - fill his head, but he does not know why he would do this! After all, it's only his trusty HAMMERSPACE! He keeps his items in his HAMMERSPACE, since he often needs his hands free, though he usually keeps it tucked away with a hammer icon. Inside are 6 red spaces for placing items, and two arrows - which cycle through his selection of items. They don't work right now though - he only has two items with him at the moment! His PROTOSWORD and his trusty POINTY OBJECT - which he obviously needs for opening small containers that happen to be very stubborn. Or... stabbing, whatever works. It could be a knife. All MATORAN need something to defend themselves with, and disk launchers have never been his choice.Now what?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Ooh, er. This looks quite interesting. I like the idea of a properly constructed comic in the form of an old text RPG. As long as you have some sort of structure to keep it from going off the rails, I look forward to more. I'll be following.>OM: Take out the little pointy object and stab the rock. If it reacts, stab it again.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

>OM: Attempt to use hammer icon on large boulder in your path.boulderbash.pngSince he can't grab the hammer icon anyways, he decides to try and use his sword to stab-ify the bould- Wait, that's not a boulder it's a mountain... or, a volcano. With a castle? And... a lava moat? Who builds a castle over a lake of fire? Maybe the same crazy people who burned that forest over there. And who's this fellow? [Author note: Yeah, this isn't really my best background. But hey, practice makes perfect, so i'll keep trying with stuff like this.]kingjoejoinstheparty.pngUnder the light of the volcano, you decides to walk up to this strange person.He seems interested in coming along on this journey of yours! Introducing himself as... King Joe? hm. Odd name, wonder what he's king of. Well, anyways, he queries if you would allow him to come along and join your MATORAN COMPANY.Of course, King Joe! Your name is...What is the orange matoran's name?==============================================Well now, i would like to make an announcement.As i have now made it to the 10-post mark, all Action Commands must be sent by PM. I will update the topic soon after i have set this in. Seeing as someone already recognized this factor and sent in the next action command via PM, and that they have agreed to become the first 'Lasting Cameo', King Joe will now be a part of this adventure, and, as per request of King Joe himself, will be able to be given an action command via 'KJ: <command here>'.Secondly, other cameo appearances are allowed, send me a PM about it.It will require the Spritesheet [Chimoru Sixshade or Chimoru Kal, i don't have time to run the comic and reshade someone's sheet both.], Character name and description, and powers.It can either be a Simple Cameo, [Equivalent to GS, may appear in a few strips, or maybe a background character] or a Lasting Cameo. [Equivalent to PGS, recurring character and often in main strips.]Also as of note, i have completed a banner for DDD, feel free to apply it to your signature!dentsdingsdisastersbanner.pngHere's where it's located, so you can link it.EDIT: I haven't been able to link-image-code it for some reason, so i'll leave it be.

Edited by Leraku
Just bolded the important statement to make it stand out. :>

Sisen said:

This looks great. Your first series and you already have a grasp of GIMP, a nice style, and good humor. I can't wait to see it grow!Also, thanks for bringing to my attention the lack of 360 for that pose. Considering it's the one of my main character, you'd think I would have made it. :P I'll be sure to have one done by tomorrow.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

This looks great. Your first series and you already have a grasp of GIMP, a nice style, and good humor. I can't wait to see it grow!Also, thanks for bringing to my attention the lack of 360 for that pose. Considering it's the one of my main character, you'd think I would have made it. :P I'll be sure to have one done by tomorrow.J-K out.

Well, this technically isn't my 'first series', i had several old series on my old account - and back then, i was a serious amateur.I decided to start slate-fresh, and give it a go this way! I also decided not to make another series till i thought i was good enough at spritework and such.Also, you're welcome for the 360 deal.Since it wasn't available from the Kal sheet i got, which, i can't exactly remember where i got it from... Either ways, i decided to try and make a 360 spinny using the six-shade sheet and then applying the Kal details. Mind sending me in PM the updated sheet?

Sisen said:

>OM: Be named OptiMealoptinope.pngI, uh...HAHAHAHA NO, UMTHAT'S NOT YOUR NAMEYEAH HAHAHAUHYOUR NAME IS LERAKU...right?King Joe also does seem a little bit... surprised by this.Gained new Action Command abbreviation!*LER*

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>KJ: Declare yourself as awesome.stopthatitsawesome.pngKnock it off, Leraku. You're not the awesome one.King Joe is the awesome one. And also...EDIT: Whoops, looks like the image here got all broken. Sorry, can't fix it right now.So is this guy.idunnotahu.pngThey both don't know what's going on, but... well, whatever works.[Cameo: JiMing]What will you do?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Epic eyebeam is epic. Get owned Leraku's not-name.Man, you're updating this like crazy!J-K out.

Yeah, i plan on updating frequently till things even out, besides, this is fun.So, i can't give guarantees on how often i'll update, or how many panels per update.I'll simply add panels as i see fit.Expect an update soon, i'm getting to work on the next panel.

Sisen said:

>LER: Toss King Joe across moat to see if it is safe (and possibly use him as a raft).ohlooktheresabridgepart1.pngThoughts of colleague-based testing come to mind, as he is not sure how he will cross the lava past the outer wal-ohlooktheresabridgepart2.pngOh, look. There's a bridge.What now?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>KJ: Throw Leraku down on the bridge in revenge.badlythoughtbridgeplan.pngTHIS WAS A VERY BADLY THOUGHT OUT PLANsomeinterruptingguyappears.pngOh hey. Some guy is interrupting the re-revenge. Okay, calm down. This sword isn't energized anyways... you were only going to whack hi-What's that hurtling towards you?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Oh gosh. Seeing what you just did to King Joe, I regret asking to join. And it looks like it's too late to withdraw.At least I'm in the castle! I can't wait to see your explanation for that. Can't wait to see my intro, but I think entering commands for myself would be cheating. I'll let someone else do it.J-K out.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Actual feedback time. =0The thing that stands out the most in these, especially the newest ones, are the effects you're putting in. They all look very good, and the shining/dark clouds set the mood well. I also like the effects you used for your mask power and eyebeam (that was awesome =P). As far as the plot goes, I think you've got just enough for it to be interesting and, with the newest ones, suspenseful.Nice work, Leraku.

Edited by Ziko

Oh gosh. Seeing what you just did to King Joe, I regret asking to join. And it looks like it's too late to withdraw.At least I'm in the castle! I can't wait to see your explanation for that. Can't wait to see my intro, but I think entering commands for myself would be cheating. I'll let someone else do it.J-K out.

Don't worry about it. I'm not going to be killing anyone off - haven't you heard of a sword-whack? Heck, Leraku may be a tad on the irritated side, but, he's not going to just up and hurt someone like that. And also, feel free to add commands. In fact, KJ himself has been doing the last few commands, so, it's completely fine! In fact, feel free to quick-send me a command or two before i get going on the next comic.

Actual feedback time. =0The thing that stands out the most in these, especially the newest ones, are the effects you're putting in. They all look very good, and the shining/dark clouds set the mood well. I also like the effects you used for your mask power and eyebeam (that was awesome =P).As far as the plot goes, I think you've got just enough for it to be interesting and, with the newest ones, suspenseful.Nice work, Leraku.

Thanks a ton - i'm overwhelmed and appreciative of all of this incredible feedback, and how well this has been taking off!

I forgot you had a sword and a pointy thing.Thank goodness for people saving my life!

Save your life?See top quote. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

>KJ: Thank mysterious person profusely for saving your life.lerajustgotkeybladed.pngHm. Seem's he's a tad busy dealing a keyblade to the face.superbladebattle.pngWow... this is surprisingly awesome.sillyguyskjisawesome.pngHAHAHASILLY GUYS.STOP THAT.JOE IS CLEARLY THE ONLY AWESOME ONE HERE.Okay, uh... what now?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Okay... woah.[moment of awestruck silence]The smoke, the blur, the duel poses. All of it was fantastic. You've inspired me to but more effort into my series's graphics.That's my new catch phrase. "Sorry, what did you say? I was too busy dealing you a keyblade to the face!"Still, getting owned by Joe that easily is a disappointment.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Okay... woah.[moment of awestruck silence]The smoke, the blur, the duel poses. All of it was fantastic. You've inspired me to but more effort into my series's graphics.That's my new catch phrase. "Sorry, what did you say? I was too busy dealing you a keyblade to the face!"Still, getting owned by Joe that easily is a disappointment.J-K out.

Hey, anyone would be surprised if you were suddenly dealt FIREBALLTOTHEFAIC in the middle of an epic clash.

Sisen said:

>LER: Team up with mysterious person and beat the tar out of King Joewhoopsheskeybladingnevermind.pngThat sounds like a good pla- No, nevermind. He already took the initiative.Hmm... you know, fighting in a volcanic area is actually pretty neat looking.hmmmaybeweshouldintervene.pngYeah, you think you're going to just let this play out-OW THAT LOOKS PAINFUL.OKAY, NEVERMIND. TIME TO INTERVENE.Maybe negotiate or something, might be able to grab another company member.Negotiate?

Sisen said:

>KJ: Attempt to take cool Keyblade from Mysterious Person and infuse it with your awesomeness.cantreachtelekenesis.pngWhoops. Guess you can't reach it, you're too busy being TELENEGOTIATED.JUSTAX-KAL has joined the Matoran Company!Action commands are now able to be submitted to him via '>JK:'[Re-cameo: JiMing]Into the cave up ahead?

Sisen said: