Viral Infection - Review

Newmega

Vahki Army III: Viral InfectionThe Vahki Army and Vahki Army II: Memories Never Fade can be referenced via the links in my signature to the old forums.Vahki Army III: Viral Infection was started in 2006 and ran till 2008 when it took a four year hiatus. It now makes its return to complete the epic tale of Newmega and his ragtag group of heroes, the Vahki Army.A Brief SummaryIt has been months since Heraynocon discovered and tainted the Triverse, a mystical artifact of unknown origin, and took control of the planet of Nu-Nui. In conquering the world, Heraynocon has scattered the once strong freelance peacekeeping force known as the Vahki Army, and sent their leader Newmega into hiding. Two of the Army's soldiers, Saito and Neo have already fallen to Heraynocon's forces, and the new allies Dayarcocon and Kwick have been presumed lost to the earth itself. Now Heraynocon stands on the verge of conquering universes far beyond his own, backed by the vengeful Flare, the trigger-happy Melee, and a veritable swath of mindless drones bent on conquest. The only thing standing in his way may be the hero of worlds he helped create, and now seeks to destroy. The epic tale of Newmega's journey from servant to savior culminates with the final installment of the Vahki Army Trilogy.Viral Infection Edited by Newmega

Latest: Vahki Army 3 Chapter 9 Posted

---"Oh, and is Mata Nui going to wind-fly us over all of these Drones so we don't have to get our hands dirty?"-Toa Iruini Hagah

Epics:[VA3:VI][Review]-[VA2:MNF][Review][VA][Review]

Short Stories:[Clear Displacement][Order's Call][Falling Stars]

MOCs:[Emissary][Angels]

• 9 months later...

Hey, Cederak here with a charity review. I really wish I'd had the time to read Vahki Army I and II because without the knowledge of those plots, this was pretty confusing. It's not your fault, I found several callbacks to events that occurred in the previous epics. I honestly would've liked to read this one to the very end, but there's a real problem with cramming everything into a single post. I noticed your sig mentioned VA3 was up to Chapter 9, but this one cut off partially into Chapter 5. There is a word limit to posts, and I'm sorry to see the board cut off the rest of your work.Grammatical and spelling errors were seldom, and really didn't ruin the immersion factor for me much. You were fairly descriptive with your work as well and since I'd like to hope your characters were built more during VA1 and VA2, I didn't really get to know them very well during this epic. Admittedly the Brief Summary/"Story so far" would've been nice in the main topic, rather than the review topic. Just a though, I guess.I will say that I was impressed with the scope you chose to tackle with this story. I assume the title "Viral Infection" has to do with the Tyran army conquering worlds that are not their own. It reminded me in a sense of what I did with a story of my own during the SS LSO '12. You crossed over between the human world, the BZP "world," and the world of MOCs (which may be a reference to the Bionicle world…I wasn't sure) in a way that felt very reverse-Tron-style for me. It was an interesting concept, if nothing else.In particular, I liked your take on a Bionicle world invaded by an army. Even in the canon with Teridax's reign, we didn't get much of an "invasion fleet" sort of feel, because he possessed absolute power over the universe. The BZP universe, even if briefly, was cool. You built a society around usual, routine BZP stuff like logging in, checking our inbox, and it felt very ingrained with a living, breathing world. Nice job with that.All in all, if I'd read the earlier epics, I suspect this would be a very satisfying conclusion to all that. As it were, I just didn't have the time, but I appreciate the effort you made with this third installment to your Vahki Army stories. Keep at it.-Ced

• 8 months later...

Thank you very much for the review, Cederak. I really should check up on this more, haha. I wasn't really expecting anyone to take a look at since it's been so long since its last update. Was not aware of the word count for posts now. Curse my inattentiveness. Yes, Chapter 9 was the last update. I'm presently reposting 5 and adding 6-9. VA3 is presently planned to continue to a length of 20 chapters, so there will be more exploration into the real world and the BZP universe. Thanks for your thoughts and comments. Hopefully I'll be able to actually finish this series in a timely fashion as I take on other writing endeavors outside of BZP.

Latest: Vahki Army 3 Chapter 9 Posted

---"Oh, and is Mata Nui going to wind-fly us over all of these Drones so we don't have to get our hands dirty?"-Toa Iruini Hagah

Epics:[VA3:VI][Review]-[VA2:MNF][Review][VA][Review]

Short Stories:[Clear Displacement][Order's Call][Falling Stars]

MOCs:[Emissary][Angels]