How Come I Keep Getting Automatically Logged Out?

Casus Belli

So I'm going through my activities, and then I try to edit my topic, but a message pops up saying I don't have permission to use that action or something like that. I then look up in the corner where my username should be displayed, and it showed me that I was logged out. I sign back in. Later, I try to view a profile, except it showed I was logged out again!So, what's happening?

I

___warned

__________you

______________about

____________________the

_______________________stairs

____________________________bro

99041.png

It's happening to me as well. I logged off both forums, deleted all BZPower cookies, and logged ONLY into the new forums (with the Remember Me box checked), and I got logged out within 5 minutes of browsing the new forums. This is definitely a problem... It just happened to me literally three times while typing up this post. The worst part of it all is that Firefox's password autocomplete doesn't detect and fill the login popup frames (just the standalone login page), so I have to manually type my username and password in every single time.EDIT:I did some testing and I think I've determined a solution. In Firefox, I had several BZPower blog RSS feeds as Live Bookmarks (automatically-updating bookmarks folders). Even though the old blog URLs don't work anymore, since they point to the /forums/ directory, it's as if my browser visted the forum archive every single time a feed refreshes. In short, if you're on Firefox and you used Live Bookmarks to follow an RSS feed on the old forums, DELETE the feed folder in your Bookmarks. I haven't been signed off in over a half hour now since I did so. ~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Edited by Avohkah Tamer

Used to happen to me too. I think if you check the "remember me" box, but not your browser's remember me function, this happens. I'm using Firefox, if it helps. EDIT: Try clearing your browser's stored passwords (or the ones related to BZP) and cookies and see if you still have the same problem.

Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks

Meh, only happens to me with the archives. Also, somebody needs to fix the archives so we can pull the BB Code from them. --:ruru:

As much as we would love to do that, that is not possible without giving people the ability to post, which is just what we do not want, sorry. :/~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Meh, only happens to me with the archives. Also, somebody needs to fix the archives so we can pull the BB Code from them. -- :ruru:

As much as we would love to do that, that is not possible without giving people the ability to post, which is just what we do not want, sorry. :/ ~Gata. ;)
But we could do it with locked topics in the old days.

banner.jpg

Meh, only happens to me with the archives. Also, somebody needs to fix the archives so we can pull the BB Code from them. -- :ruru:

As much as we would love to do that, that is not possible without giving people the ability to post, which is just what we do not want, sorry. :/ ~Gata. ;)
As soon as a topic is locked, you cannot edit anything in there, so I am not sure I know what you are referring to. :unsure:~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

If you use firefox go to the old forum and select your old topic. Then highlight the post, right click, and press "show formatting".Try that and see what happens. I am not able to get to a computer until later today, so I apologise.

That will hardly help, as that shows the HTML code of the selected text, not the BBCode.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

If you use firefox go to the old forum and select your old topic. Then highlight the post, right click, and press "show formatting". Try that and see what happens. I am not able to get to a computer until later today, so I apologise.

That will hardly help, as that shows the HTML code of the selected text, not the BBCode. ~Gata. ;)
Yeah, but if you use this HTML to BB code converter, it should work fine. I tried it with some of my old topics. It works pretty well for the most part. The emoticons and some minor stuff goes a little haywire, but the important parts are pretty accurate. http://www.garyshood.com/htmltobb/ Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks

As soon as a topic is locked, you cannot edit anything in there, so I am not sure I know what you are referring to. :unsure: ~Gata. ;)
For both of my old comics topics, as soon as they died I asked for them to be closed, and then I cut and pasted all the BB Code from them. Worked every time, and I could even edit and save the changes. --:ruru:

banner.jpg

As soon as a topic is locked, you cannot edit anything in there, so I am not sure I know what you are referring to. :unsure: ~Gata. ;)
For both of my old comics topics, as soon as they died I asked for them to be closed, and then I cut and pasted all the BB Code from them. Worked every time, and I could even edit and save the changes. --:ruru:
I suppose you edited them before the topics were closed? :???: Or maybe I am just crazy or something. Either way, it doesn´t work on the old forums now. ~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

For both of my old comics topics, as soon as they died I asked for them to be closed, and then I cut and pasted all the BB Code from them. Worked every time, and I could even edit and save the changes. -- :ruru:
I suppose you edited them before the topics were closed? :???: Or maybe I am just crazy or something. Either way, it doesn´t work on the old forums now. ~Gata. ;)
Oh well. --:ruru:

banner.jpg