tilted_poster_003_paper_test.png

THE TOPIC IS UNDER NEW CONSTRUCTION

Everything below is old...feel free to read it. It's totally embarrassing.

(just so this series makes more sense)

the_comics_logo.png

Comment: Hey, all comics don't ALWAYS have to be great the first time. I made Poco Shoop-da-Whoop for crying out.

You guys are just mean.

:crying: JK

Comments: This is Tilted's first Actual arc. Just stay indoors and nobody gets hurt.

Comments: I can’t imagine knowing that in the next couple of days that my life would change from comic

making, to being devoted to sifting through trash cans for food and shotgun ammo.

Comments: It’s a genius idea. I applaud you Darcsyde.

Comments: Here’s the proper way to react in this situation.

suggestionbox_logo.png

“The suggestion box is basically a set of rules that you will follow if you have

a suggestion for these comics. A good example of a suggestion would be, ‘Oh you should have Poco blow up.’

Or things that would be similar to that. It’s all your imagination. And plus at the end of the comic

I’ll give you credit for it. ”

Read and fill this form if you want to suggest something for Titled 2012:

YOUR USER: ­_________

YOUR SUGGESTION: _______

THIS MUST BE PMed NOT POSTED IN THE TOPIC

(it saves time and money and keeps these forums spam free)

pgsandgsapp_logo.png

“There is a difference for being a Guest Star and a Permanent Guest Star (hence the name).

In this case, if you choose to GS in Tilted, you’ll appear in the comics once.

I don’t recommend that you’ll appear immediately, but you will appear nonetheless. Count on it.

As a PGS, you will appear throughout the comics permanently(not just one comic).

I must also inform you that, as a PGS or GS you are giving me the full privilege to use you/your

character to do whatever I want in the comics. However, I promise you that I will not abuse your character.

Though explosions are necessary in this case. But you all know how it goes.

I choose to GS your character by the way your personality is.

Whatever you put into the Personality section, will be your personality in my comics.

So if you just put, ‘Gets annoyed easily…’ expect Poco to annoy your character. Please pay attention.

Furthermore, copy and paste and PM this sheet to me.

AGAIN: THIS MUST BE PMed NOT POSTED IN THE TOPIC

YOUR USER:

SPRITES: (NOTE: this is so I know what colors you have. You can use chrimoru or RZ

to show off what you actually look like. {Delete this in the PM})

PERSONALITY(keep this concise and clear. But it doesn’t have to be a paragraph either):?

I already have a lot of characters(blame the NGC cast for that.) And unfortunately, I'm currently out of PGS

spots. Unless I kill of some characters or just purely discard any, I think I'll open up more. But for now.

No mo PGSs.

1Kodrak

2KingJoe

3 Kahi

4-Absorba-

5Gravity

other_logo.png

“I like drawing and making fun of Bionicle sometimes too.

That’s how these comics were born. If you like ‘em, I might also do more of these.”

Fillers:

Fan Comics:

Awards:

Anyway, enjoy TILTED 2012

signiture_logo.png

Edited by Calvirick

Entertaining comics and simply adorable characters. ^_^ Well done, I say.

Absolutely wonderful. Simple yet intricate. Funny yet serious. A perfect series. Well done.Great job, Calvirick!

This is probably the best support I've had since 2009. Back when tilted was just four squares, poco and RZ sprites. *shudders at ugly memories* Thanks guys. I've already got Comic 3 done, its just composing it in PS that's the strenuous part. But hey, I LOVE using Photoshop.

See, I almost had it made. I found a style like this on (ahem) some other place and the internet and was all like "Oh! That's cool! I can do that for BZPower!"And then you had to go and steal it from me. The round heads, the little beady eyes, the square bodies, the stick limbs, the whole shebang. You idea-thief you. =PBut I have to say, this was extremely well done. And I mean that by every sense of the word.The text is well done, the colors are nicely saturated, the paper-like look like is a very nice touch, and overall I have to say this is looking up to be one of my favorite series of the year. I absolutely love where you're going with this, and I cannot wait to see more.Now I just need to find a new style for my comic series. Oh well. =PEDIT: On another note, this topic is #3333 in the forum. Very lucky coincidence. =P

Edited by #kahinuva

Holy. Wow.Very impressive work, Cal, as compared to what I've seen you do back in the days...Good old days...I'm loving that side comic series, your hand-drawing style looks really great.The main series looks very well done so far, of course.The style in this is pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.Great job Cal. Tilted's looking to be worth the wait.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

See, I almost had it made. I found a style like this on (ahem) some other place and the internet and was all like "Oh! That's cool! I can do that for BZPower!"And then you had to go and steal it from me. The round heads, the little beady eyes, the square bodies, the stick limbs, the whole shebang. You idea-thief you. =PBut I have to say, this was extremely well done. And I mean that by every sense of the word.The text is well done, the colors are nicely saturated, the paper-like look like is a very nice touch, and overall I have to say this is looking up to be one of my favorite series of the year. I absolutely love where you're going with this, and I cannot wait to see more.Now I just need to find a new style for my comic series. Oh well. =PEDIT: On another note, this topic is #3333 in the forum. Very lucky coincidence. =P

Wow man. It really t'is an honor. It's good encouragement. Thanks. Oh ya, the paper idea came to me when I had reach that level in photoshop where I actually knew how to manipulate images and give them texture. And you know what, I think I got that same inspiration from that same certain person that you found. I may not know the name of him, but his style was just great. It's like taking something that looks almost cute but making it sophisticated. Which is what I think Tilted really needed. Wow...I think I'll make that my password. :P JK

Holy. Wow.Very impressive work, Cal, as compared to what I've seen you do back in the days...Good old days...I'm loving that side comic series, your hand-drawing style looks really great.The main series looks very well done so far, of course.The style in this is pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.Great job Cal. Tilted's looking to be worth the wait.-V-

Hey man, it's good to hear from you always. I remember those days too. And look what the outcomes were for the both of us. Your comics are great too, BTW, just keep forgetting to post more. :( I think, I really just held back on my style of drawing my characters, because I could never really think of a way to put them into a comic that looked decent. Like I said, it was photoshop skills that mattered. Comic 3-4 are finished. but its on to PS work from here. College is almost slack, and when I finish homework I have time to do comics at my work. (I know, it's awesome). :P

i like the random feel of the comic combined with the huge masks and small bodies make them look cute. I think you should maybe give them names, that is about the only problem i have with it. i also must say this is a funny comic and the look makes it feel like something that would have been part of invader zim.overall you rock 8/10

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Ya, I was actually think about that after i had posted it. The reason there aren't any names is that at this point people that have read my previous series already know my characters. But maybe this time i can actually come up with a more legitimate character sheet. Thanks for the reminder.

Your banner had made me so very curious I kept on checking the comics forum for this topic. And now I found it, yay!I love it. The pacing, the humor is all fine. Not too random, not too much or too little information, and the amount of happenings per panel is well chosen, too.And then there's the art style. It looks professional, it looks adorable, I love it. <3 (Although you make me hate myself for producing rather low-quality comics in comparison).Those little non-arch comics (about bionicle in general), they really made me laugh. Now, I'll definitely keep an eye on this topic! :D (and, of course, KUTGW)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Great to hear all these famed comic-makers complimenting your work, isn't it?I wholeheartedly agree with everyone.

You have no idea dude. No idea.

I have to admit - this is just great. I can't wait to see more of this stuff - It'll be sheer, contained excitement every time this updates....Well, probably.Keep up the good work!

Ya don't get too excited. These won't update like my daily strips used to be. Ah those were the days...

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL HAS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMICS!Dude, I am LOVIN' the art stye! I've always thought about making hand-drawn comics, but never knew how to draw Bionicles. Untill now, that is. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngComic 1: Haha, Skype conversation reference FTW brah. :pirate:Comic 2: That's right, ladies. I started the zombie virus. *Dusts coat lapel*Good start, Cal.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL HAS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMICS!Dude, I am LOVIN' the art stye! I've always thought about making hand-drawn comics, but never knew how to draw Bionicles. Untill now, that is. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngComic 1: Haha, Skype conversation reference FTW brah. :pirate:Comic 2: That's right, ladies. I started the zombie virus. *Dusts coat lapel*Good start, Cal.

You remembered! :D I wrote it down so that I could put it in. I was thinking to myself, "He's probably gonna give me that Pirate Emoticon when he finds out."And here we are. :P

Hold on, let me go pick my jaw up off the floor.Alright, there we go. First of all, this is outstanding. The hand-drawn style is amazing, and definitely worth waiting so long for the new Tilted.As you well know, I've been a fan for a couple years now, so I was just waiting on the edge of my seat for the new series!I can see now why you told me that they take so long. I don't think I've seen that many special effects in a single comic before.The way the panels look like a paper that's a little folded at the edges is outstanding. I just hope this series doesn't die like the ones before it.Also, the joke about the zombie infection formula made me grin. "...and something green I found in Walmart."I'll be sure to watch this closely, keep it up!

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Hold on, let me go pick my jaw up off the floor.Alright, there we go. First of all, this is outstanding. The hand-drawn style is amazing, and definitely worth waiting so long for the new Tilted.As you well know, I've been a fan for a couple years now, so I was just waiting on the edge of my seat for the new series!I can see now why you told me that they take so long. I don't think I've seen that many special effects in a single comic before.The way the panels look like a paper that's a little folded at the edges is outstanding. I just hope this series doesn't die like the ones before it.Also, the joke about the zombie infection formula made me grin. "...and something green I found in Walmart."I'll be sure to watch this closely, keep it up!

Me too, I think the other series died was because I knew there was something wrong with them, but was too lazy to deal with it. Character Sheet is in the making.

Just... awesome. This is by far some of the best art in a comic here on this site. And considering the amount of great artistry here on this forum, that's saying a lot.Already, I can tell these characters are gonna be great, if not formulaic, and the art style is just plain adorable.Also, the C-comics (how should I refer to them) are not only adorable, but pretty clever (the ones regarding Lewa and Pohatu are pretty interesting.)If you'll excuse me, I have a PGS form to send in. :)

Edited by -Absorba-

I think if you spend less time with the background effects and more time on the characters they would look less like blobs and be easier to identify. Also, the text lines that have the gradient spread through both does not look nearly as good as the single lines. This is as easy to fix as just typing each line separately and then adding the gradient.I am honestly sort of jaded when it comes to comic characters talking about their own comic that they are already in, because almost every series in this forum starts the same way, but as it were, don't let that stop you. I enjoy these, I have a weakness for non-pixel comics.The "other" comics were also amusing.

Just... awesome. This is by far some of the best art in a comic here on this site. And considering the amount of great artistry here on this forum, that's saying a lot.Already, I can tell these characters are gonna be great, if not formulaic, and the art style is just plain adorable.Also, the C-comics (how should I refer to them) are not only adorable, but pretty clever (the ones regarding Lewa and Pohatu are pretty interesting.)If you'll excuse me, I have a PGS form to send in. :)

Pretty interesting. As in, you didn't get them, but they just looked funny? :P

I think if you spend less time with the background effects and more time on the characters they would look less like blobs and be easier to identify. Also, the text lines that have the gradient spread through both does not look nearly as good as the single lines. This is as easy to fix as just typing each line separately and then adding the gradient.I am honestly sort of jaded when it comes to comic characters talking about their own comic that they are already in, because almost every series in this forum starts the same way, but as it were, don't let that stop you. I enjoy these, I have a weakness for non-pixel comics.The "other" comics were also amusing.

Oh good. I was worried that everyone was just going to give this topic compliments. But this is good too, because I still don't want any lazy work go unnoticed. I actually did consider trying a different strategy for coloring the text. I've always used colors to distinguish who was talking in the panel, and always tried to not use speech bubbles cause it would look like I wasn't original. Also, with my new kanohi that I'm making for the other characters I had already decided to be a little more detailed. And plus I plan to do more detailed work for certain....other comics in the future. But again, thanks for the criticism, Uncle K.

These are quite charming actually. Quite nice to look as well. Great job, as always.Though I'd have to agree with Uncle K here. I was confused over who was talking (particularly with the first comic). Adding lines or speech bubbles might be less confusing. I've spotted a typo or two, but don't worry about it.I look forward to see how these evolve.

Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks

Like Kahi, I've actually kind of been thinking about this style too, though for me it was only a vague idea in the back of my mind that was inspired by Nanonicle. So just for that, I love these comics already. And you've managed to make the rest of the graphics amazing too, and the humor, so I think I'll just explode from overawesome now.

button.png

These are quite charming actually. Quite nice to look as well. Great job, as always.Though I'd have to agree with Uncle K here. I was confused over who was talking (particularly with the first comic). Adding lines or speech bubbles might be less confusing. I've spotted a typo or two, but don't worry about it.I look forward to see how these evolve.

Oh darn. Where were my typos?

I'm gone from BZP for one night, and this thing comes up and takes over. You've already got all your PGSes and a Hot Topic to boot. Bravo.I heard that the style isn't originally yours, but it still looks great. I honestly wish I could draw now. You and Bio are going to put us sprite people out of business!Oh yeah, the text looks nice, too.Humor:Comic 1: Poco killed you off strait from the start. Somethings will never change. Not the best, but the Shoop-da-woop panel was great.Comic 2: The punchline was pure brilliance! I'm going to make a zombie virus now. But the Utah part was just inspired. I would send you a cookie right now if I could.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Like Kahi, I've actually kind of been thinking about this style too, though for me it was only a vague idea in the back of my mind that was inspired by Nanonicle. So just for that, I love these comics already. And you've managed to make the rest of the graphics amazing too, and the humor, so I think I'll just explode from overawesome now.

You sure? I just went through all the comics, and I don't see any grammatical or spelling errors (except the one he pointed out in the first frame of the second)

I'm gone from BZP for one night, and this thing comes up and takes over. You've already got all your PGSes and a Hot Topic to boot. Bravo.I heard that the style isn't originally yours, but it still looks great. I honestly wish I could draw now. You and Bio are going to put us sprite people out of business!Oh yeah, the text looks nice, too.Humor:Comic 1: Poco killed you off strait from the start. Somethings will never change. Not the best, but the Shoop-da-woop panel was great.Comic 2: The punchline was pure brilliance! I'm going to make a zombie virus now. But the Utah part was just inspired. I would send you a cookie right now if I could.J-K out.

Yep. I get paid internet cookies for doing PS work. :P

You sure? I just went through all the comics, and I don't see any grammatical or spelling errors (except the one he pointed out in the first frame of the second)
comic two: "How exactly are you doing to do that?" Typo. That's actually a funny one. :P

Could use more content, but is overall great! Especially the lazor part.How did you make the characters? What did you use?

What exactly do you mean? More characters? More comics?I drew my characters purely from Photoshop CS5.5. Probably the best investment I had ever made.

Oh wow. Very nice artwork! You even style the outside of the panels! I think that's the first time I've ever seen that. Your little characters are so cute and so simple, but have just the right amount of expression. I never thought that a barrel with sticks for limbs could have made such a cute body base for characters, and I really like the coloring and the texture in the masks. When I saw your sig that had a banner "Hey, Gois! I'm gonna make a comic!" I wanted to hug the little guy. ^_^

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

Most of them weren't spelling errors, they were grammar errors/oddly worded sentences. For example, in the second panel in comic one, it should be "If procrastinate or I think about anything other than comics, I want you to remind me not to."There were one or two more, but they weren't bad enough to deteriorate from the actual comics, so don't worry too much about them.

Majhost sucks

Wow! The art style is adorable! Just.... great!So wait, when you mean "purely drawn," do you just do mean that you just do it directly, no on-paper rough drafts?

I've created, what I call, my own "kit" where I've taken my directly drawn in photoshop-drawing, with only the head and body, and pose them. Then I give them an expression. So in a sense, yes, I draw my characters first, but set them up in a way where I can work with my drawings kind of like a kit. It's actually a more faster way to do it and still give it that "I-drew-in-every-panel" look. :)

Most of them weren't spelling errors, they were grammar errors/oddly worded sentences. For example, in the second panel in comic one, it should be "If procrastinate or I think about anything other than comics, I want you to remind me not to."There were one or two more, but they weren't bad enough to deteriorate from the actual comics, so don't worry too much about them.
You know what I've realized, listening to criticism REALLY does work. Cause then I find out my little errors that would have normally been ignored. Which I think was the problem with the past Tilted Series(s). Anyway, news update, I've been working for the past two days now, on the character sheet. Purely on the drawings. With my new PGSs and also adding in the NGC cast members into the Tilted style is very time consuming, luckily, my college work hasn't hindered any of it. I've had some good time this morning to work on it. So sorry that I'm not very effecient, but I think once I've gotten most of my drawings finished, I can work more on the comics, and actually PRODUCE more, MORE frequently. Thanks again for the support. :happydance:

Yeah, these are pretty awesome...awesome though, isnt worthy of being used here. I'm just sad that I didnt find these earlier. I was checking in to see when it would be up, but then it goes up before I know it, and I'm all like "Gosh Tahnok! I wanted to PGS!"Anyway, I totally love these comics, the style is wonderfully humouros, reconizable, and slightly adorable. Oh and those minis are funyn as well :DKeep it up....ALL of it! Which means the minis as well :D~Ro

Good to hear work getting done.Do you use a digital tablet?

Ya, I use a Bamboo Tablet to draw my bionicle characters. :P

Yeah, these are pretty awesome...awesome though, isnt worthy of being used here. I'm just sad that I didnt find these earlier. I was checking in to see when it would be up, but then it goes up before I know it, and I'm all like "Gosh Tahnok! I wanted to PGS!"Anyway, I totally love these comics, the style is wonderfully humouros, reconizable, and slightly adorable. Oh and those minis are funyn as well :biggrin:Keep it up....ALL of it! Which means the minis as well :biggrin:~Ro

Ah gee, you guys are too kind. I actually have another idead a C# short, but I know you all want a tilted comic so I'll work on that first. Maybe I'll have all three of my to-do stuff finished this week. Actually, I think I will. I'm delaying you guys too long. *gets back to work at college*

I do love your style. :biggrin: I can't tell you how original, adorable, creative, humorous, and expressive it is. You should make your own TV series with this. I would definately watch it.I'd like to see a teal Ignika in that style, if you ever decide you want to make more masks. :P The Avohkii looks incredible, by the way. I love how people can come up with their own kit styles, like LNU's and Biocry's "ask clog" (comic-blog. Bio's is in the lower part of the topic).

Edited by Dragonfly the Luminescent

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent