No themes this time, just make a super-fun RPG!
Here's how these contests work:
- The contest will be run every three (3) months, or four (4) times a year.
- All members are welcome to enter the contest.
.....-Each member can only enter one (1) Text-based RPG entry.
.....-The only exception to this is that BZPRPG and RPG Contest staff will not be permitted to make entries.
- There will be three winners selected in every contest.
.....-The winners will be the three RPGs with the most votes after one or more rounds of voting (depending on the number of entries).
- Whether or not a given RPG wins or not, it will be allowed to run in future contests, with the below conditions and restrictions.
.....-For and RPG that lost a contest, the creator must make an attempt to alter and improve their entry before entering it in the next contest.
.....-If an RPG has won four (4) consecutive contests that it has entered, it can not enter the next four contests. It does not, however, have to be altered before being entered again after its break, although the creator can do so if they desire to.
.......Example: A RPG wins two contests in a row. It is not entered in the next contest. It is entered and wins the fourth and fifth contests. At this point it cannot be entered into the next four contests.
.....-Other restrictions as a result of other rules or administrative action may prevent a member from submitting an RPG.
- At the end of the three-month interval between contests, if an active RPG does not win again, it will be closed.
.....-If a former winner wins again at a later date, the creator of the RPG can choose to continue in the old topic where they left off or start over again in a new topic.
- If the creator or members of a winning RPG break the RPG forum rules, that RPG will be closed.
.....-The next runner-up from the previous contest will be allowed to run for the remainder of the term.
.....-The offending RPG will not be allowed to participate in the next contest.
- This system is designed to be more fair than the TBRPG approval process has been in the past, so absolutely no complaining.
The following is what determines a Text-Based RPG entry. The creator of each entry must provide at least:
- A brief introduction to the RPG.
.....-A description of the setting, the time and place the events occur.
.....-A history of what has happened leading up to the current situation.
.....-The characters and creatures involved. Does this take place in the canonical Bionicle Universe, or is this your own island with its own heroes and villains?
- A description on how you plan to further to story.
.....-Does it follow the actual Bionicle story or take place in a setting of your own creation?
.....-Is there an outline on where you plan for it go?
.....-Will the players be allowed to choose the direction the story takes?
.....-Is there an ultimate goal or quest, or is it merely a world for members to inhabit?
- Requirements for those wishing to participate in your RPG.
.....-Will members be taking the role of existing characters or characters you have created?
.....-Can they make their own characters? If so, what sort of restrictions will be placed on them?
.....-What sort of equipment, masks, stats, etc will members get when they begin?
- Rules determining how players will interact with the environment and other characters.
.....-How will the winner of battles be determined?
.....-How will members buy and upgrade their equipment?
.....-Will members level up? How will they gain experience?
How the contest is going to be run. Here is the format the contest will operate under:
- Members will have three weeks to draft and submit entries.
.....-Entries will be posted in the Contest Submission thread. Any entries posted elsewhere or PMed will be disregarded.
.....-At the end of this period, no further entries will be accepted.
- The entries will be grouped into as few polls as possible for the initial round of voting.
- Each round of voting will last for two to three days (48-72 hours).
- The format of subsequent rounds of voting will be determined depending on the number of entries.
- The three entries with the most votes in the final round of voting will be declared the winners.
NOTE- All current TBRPGs must be submitted as entries if they wish to continue running.
Entries can be SUBMITTED from now until 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, March 24th.
You can review other entries and discuss the reviews in the Review Topic.
Please Note: You can now discuss reviews in the review topic in order to keep the main topic less cluttered.