Jetbug 2.0

So... The story behind this guy is fairly interesting. On Christmas morning my parents went out and got me two Hero Factory sets, Scorpio and Nitroblast. I wasn't fairly interested in the sets themselves, but in getting them I got to try out the new skeleton and armor system. Using the pieces, I was able to complete a special moc that I was working on for the past MONTH, but what about the rest? Well, looking at them, I realized I had all of the necessary pieces to make one of my favorite Hero Factory villains that I unfortunately never got the chance to buy, Jetbug. (Or at least a revamp, which I would have done if I got the Jetbug set itself ANYWAY.) So on that morning, I built Jetbug 2.0... without using a single piece from an actual Jetbug.scaled.php?server=32&filename=dsc0209lt.jpg&res=mediumThree quarter view:scaled.php?server=853&filename=dsc0210rd.jpg&res=mediumThree quarter view, opposite side:scaled.php?server=100&filename=dsc0211p.jpg&res=mediumBack view and jet engine detail:scaled.php?server=684&filename=dsc0212wd.jpg&res=mediumAnd now, some pose shots:Aiming...Epic sword slash!Jet-propelled slide/dodge/landing/whateverJump shotAs you can see, this guy is really fun to pose. Overall, for my first ever Hero constraction moc, I'm quite proud of this. How the community will feel? Well, that's why I'm posting this topic, isn't it? As such, comments and criticism are welcome and quite appreciated. Thanks for reading!EDIT: Images resized to forum standard. Sorry 'bout dat, folks.

Edited by nuhvok campaign manager

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

For your first new system MoC, it's quite impressive overall. Although the red bugs me, (probably because I own Jetbug and have grown used to his color scheme) I understand your lack of the necessary colors. One thing that irks me is that trans-green piece on the launcher-it seems a bit out of place. I LOVE the jet design-it manages to not only fit in but to enhance the rest of the MoC.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

For your first new system MoC, it's quite impressive overall. Although the red bugs me, (probably because I own Jetbug and have grown used to his color scheme) I understand your lack of the necessary colors. One thing that irks me is that trans-green piece on the launcher-it seems a bit out of place. I LOVE the jet design-it manages to not only fit in but to enhance the rest of the MoC.

Yeah... The red kind of bothered me too for a while. But it also gives Jetbug a more... menacing look. Though when you don't have much of an alternative, you get used to it. I also put the green piece as part of a targeting device, so I wanted it to stand out some, but maybe I should swap it out for a softer color. Anyways, I'm glad you like the jet system, and thanks for the advice!

VOTE BAHRAG!

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Try removing all green and dark bley from this guy, and it might look much better.

Yeah... I tried using the grey on his lower arms to offer contrast, but it is a tad jarring now that I think about it. I'll see what I can do with the color scheme.

VOTE BAHRAG!

Wow. THis is truly amazing. I love the entire design of this thing. It looks vefry good and very impressive for using limited pieces. 9/10 from me!PS I love the jetpack!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it, and yes, I am quite proud of how the jetpack turned out. :P

VOTE BAHRAG!