Toa Piraka Hakann Comics

Hexann

Its nice to see a mnog kit comic, haven't seen those in a while... Anyway I like how honest your characters are with having no sprite sheet and such. I also like how picky your characters are. Great start on your comics,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Its nice to see a mnog kit comic, haven't seen those in a while... Anyway I like how honest your characters are with having no sprite sheet and such. I also like how picky your characters are. Great start on your comics,~Soran

Thanks Soran I was not expecting a good review. Thanks again.Comic 3 is now up. Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 3.0

First comic was a bit lacking, but I like how you made jokes out of the shortcomings.Second was funny. I especially like the failed rock paper scissors, and the last background.Third comic was best. HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT NAME IN THIS COMIC!!!Teal Vahki?TIP: I don't usually make spritesheets, I make the basic pose, then start the comic, then put all the poses I have to make them do into the spritesheet so they can be re-used later. Saves time and makes sure you have only poses you will actually use.

Edited by Tahu Nuva Golden

Pk57sNJ.jpg

First comic was a bit lacking, but I like how you made jokes out of the shortcomings.Second was funny. I especially like the failed rock paper scissors, and the last background.Third comic was best. HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT NAME IN THIS COMIC!!!Teal Vahki?TIP: I don't usually make spritesheets, I make the basic pose, then start the comic, then put all the poses I have to make them do into the spritesheet so they can be re-used later. Saves time and makes sure you have only poses you will actually use.

Thank you for the tips I read your comics they rock!!!! In fact you inspired me to make these. Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0

Can't say these are great.. Thes lots and Lots of room for improvement.First of all, that "white box" area. is a background transperancy error, if your using Microsoft Paint, just select the bucket tool and right click, and from there ( if you have opaquness switching off ) the "white area" should be no where to be found!also, you may want to work on randomness. Its good. But if its over worked. and strained it becomes a pain to read.other then that. as this is your first series - this is fairly good, much better than my, first attempt. and you never do see that kit around do you?also, if you want to recolour sprites? I would reccomend either Paint.net or much better GIMP, with GIMP you can also do Special effects and fancy texts.cool huh?

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

OH, RECOLORING SPRITES! Yes, I forgot to mention that. Open MSpaint, and simply select the color you want to change to another color using the eyedropper tool. Then using the eyedropper tool, RIGHT CLICK on the color you want to change the first color, to set it as the background color. Then use the eraser all over the area you intend to change with the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON. (If you do it with the left mouse button, you'll just erase EVERYTHING.)Fastest possible way of recoloring.Then, change the background color back to normal, otherwise when you move or cut things, the background will show and you'll have that white aura problem, along with a colored box or something in the middle of your screen.

Edited by Tahu Nuva Golden

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Uh... Well, let me say what I can about this comic series.It's just... not good.I'm all for using the MNOLG kit, but I'm not even sure you recolored the sprites themselves, because every one of them has a box around them that comes from non-transparent selection. If you did, judging by the white boxes, I'd say the masks would probably have a white box around them as well. There's a way to get rid of it, but I'm too lazy to dig up the image, meaning I'll probably edit this post later. Or you could just read the posts above me.Anyway, the humor itself I find genuinely lousy. Randomness is pretty much frowned upon when it comes to these comics, and I personally don't find it funny at all. I will say, at least, that I kinda like the way you lampshade the "boxes" around the sprites, but that can only last so long.In terms of graphics, personally, I think GIMP and the like would help, but they aren't really mandatory for writing a comic series despite the fact that nearly everyone offers people to get it to the point that it's something of a cliche now. And honestly, I don't really think this series needs it that much, primarily because I don't think there's really too much to expect of this series. Use it if you must, but I think you can live without using it. For some reason, basic-looking comic series hold a weird sort of charm for me. So, to put a long story short, the graphics aren't great, but other than the whole transparency "error" thing, they're not terrible either.So, now, I'm going to look at the comics themselves.Actually, I think I'll start with the character sheet. It seems as if you've got a pretty interesting concept for your character, but... that's the only character on the sheet. Character sheets are completely optional, but I personally think you should at least finish it before posting it.Comic 1 is lousy, but hey, aren't all introduction comics supposed to be lousy? I've always had trouble with these myself, so I really won't hold it against you. As for the fact that your character can't move from position and you haven't made a spritesheet for yourself, well, it's the MNOLG kit, and the original never had any poses. I don't care much for MNOLG spritesheets, and I think you can get away with only using one pose for this kit in particular, but if you ever try another kit, I'd highly recommend making a spritesheet before working on the comics. It might take a little longer to get the comics off the ground, but it'll make things much, much easier. Another thing that mystifies me is in the last panel- how the character isn't in a nontransparent box, but rather a sort of outline. I don't know what you did for that, but if you could get rid of the entire thing, the graphics would honestly improve.Comic 2 is where my criticism really starts. My biggest complaint about this comic is the spelling and occasional lack of punctuation. I suppose where you're from or how old you are can at least warrant some of these, though, so I won't really go on about it. My second biggest complaint would be probably everything else- the randomness, the graphics, etc. Though, like I said before, I do like it how you sort of make a joke of the "shadow box", but jokes can go stale so I wouldn't use that joke too constantly.I hate Comic 3. I really do. And you know why? Because it isn't even a comic. A huge portion of the entire image is just text and one sprite, and even so, the "dialogue" isn't really that funny. That doesn't qualify it to be a comic, in my book. Avoid making "comics" like these like the plague.By now, I should probably say the huge amount of caps lock in the front post really irks me, since it gives the impression that you're shouting. You don't really need it in the first place, and it kind of makes the topic look bad.Comic 4 is where things get interesting. First and foremost, I'd prefer it if you mastered the whole transparency thing, but the fact that you recolor the boxes to somewhat match the backgrounds make it seem like you're trying to improve the series, and I won't complain about that. However, I should probably say this: You should probably erase those gray circle shadows under the sprites. They were under the sprites in the original kit, but those work best for images, and it would definitely help with the scene where the character was falling. As for the "last part", I'm not a Bleach fan (nor do I know anything about it), so I can't really say I enjoyed that last part. I won't really ask you to get rid of it or anything, since someone might find it funny, but do try to avoid making too many inside jokes like these.As for Comic 5, I sort of like the fact that you give the nontransparent boxes reason and value. However, it looks like the color white uses the basic background transparent white, which can lead to a few problems if you're trying to move sprites. This isn't your fault at all- I blame Matoran Onknu. Really, this isn't easy for me to describe with words, but I know there exists a solution that I'll have to explain later. My biggest complaint with this comic is nothing more than a pet peeve of mine- the Akaku on that orange fellow is facing the wrong way. Matoran Onknu made both sides of the Akaku for this purpose, since the Akaku is an asymmetrical mask itself. Use it. Or, at least, use it if you don't want me to rant on about it longer than I already have.So, in conclusion, this isn't what I'd call a "good" series, but it does hold a lot of potential, and the use of the MNOLG kit really gives it a unique feel that you really don't find in comics much anymore. It also holds a bit of nostalgia for me, and even though I didn't really enjoy the series as a whole, I've seen worse, and this still had things in there I actually liked. My biggest piece of advice that doesn't concern graphics or humor or stuff I've already touched upon way too much? Be open to criticism like this, and don't stop looking for ways to improve your comics. Most importantly, don't give up, unless you have to due to time constraints or something. If you keep going and get used to the way things work around here, you might be able to move on to great things.

Uh... Well, let me say what I can about this comic series.It's just... not good.I'm all for using the MNOLG kit, but I'm not even sure you recolored the sprites themselves, because every one of them has a box around them that comes from non-transparent selection. If you did, judging by the white boxes, I'd say the masks would probably have a white box around them as well. There's a way to get rid of it, but I'm too lazy to dig up the image, meaning I'll probably edit this post later. Or you could just read the posts above me.Anyway, the humor itself I find genuinely lousy. Randomness is pretty much frowned upon when it comes to these comics, and I personally don't find it funny at all. I will say, at least, that I kinda like the way you lampshade the "boxes" around the sprites, but that can only last so long.In terms of graphics, personally, I think GIMP and the like would help, but they aren't really mandatory for writing a comic series despite the fact that nearly everyone offers people to get it to the point that it's something of a cliche now. And honestly, I don't really think this series needs it that much, primarily because I don't think there's really too much to expect of this series. Use it if you must, but I think you can live without using it. For some reason, basic-looking comic series hold a weird sort of charm for me. So, to put a long story short, the graphics aren't great, but other than the whole transparency "error" thing, they're not terrible either.So, now, I'm going to look at the comics themselves. also I colored in the Kewa.Actually, I think I'll start with the character sheet. It seems as if you've got a pretty interesting concept for your character, but... that's the only character on the sheet. Character sheets are completely optional, but I personally think you should at least finish it before posting it.Comic 1 is lousy, but hey, aren't all introduction comics supposed to be lousy? I've always had trouble with these myself, so I really won't hold it against you. As for the fact that your character can't move from position and you haven't made a spritesheet for yourself, well, it's the MNOLG kit, and the original never had any poses. I don't care much for MNOLG spritesheets, and I think you can get away with only using one pose for this kit in particular, but if you ever try another kit, I'd highly recommend making a spritesheet before working on the comics. It might take a little longer to get the comics off the ground, but it'll make things much, much easier. Another thing that mystifies me is in the last panel- how the character isn't in a nontransparent box, but rather a sort of outline. I don't know what you did for that, but if you could get rid of the entire thing, the graphics would honestly improve.Comic 2 is where my criticism really starts. My biggest complaint about this comic is the spelling and occasional lack of punctuation. I suppose where you're from or how old you are can at least warrant some of these, though, so I won't really go on about it. My second biggest complaint would be probably everything else- the randomness, the graphics, etc. Though, like I said before, I do like it how you sort of make a joke of the "shadow box", but jokes can go stale so I wouldn't use that joke too constantly.I hate Comic 3. I really do. And you know why? Because it isn't even a comic. A huge portion of the entire image is just text and one sprite, and even so, the "dialogue" isn't really that funny. That doesn't qualify it to be a comic, in my book. Avoid making "comics" like these like the plague.By now, I should probably say the huge amount of caps lock in the front post really irks me, since it gives the impression that you're shouting. You don't really need it in the first place, and it kind of makes the topic look bad.Comic 4 is where things get interesting. First and foremost, I'd prefer it if you mastered the whole transparency thing, but the fact that you recolor the boxes to somewhat match the backgrounds make it seem like you're trying to improve the series, and I won't complain about that. However, I should probably say this: You should probably erase those gray circle shadows under the sprites. They were under the sprites in the original kit, but those work best for images, and it would definitely help with the scene where the character was falling. As for the "last part", I'm not a Bleach fan (nor do I know anything about it), so I can't really say I enjoyed that last part. I won't really ask you to get rid of it or anything, since someone might find it funny, but do try to avoid making too many inside jokes like these.As for Comic 5, I sort of like the fact that you give the nontransparent boxes reason and value. However, it looks like the color white uses the basic background transparent white, which can lead to a few problems if you're trying to move sprites. This isn't your fault at all- I blame Matoran Onknu. Really, this isn't easy for me to describe with words, but I know there exists a solution that I'll have to explain later. My biggest complaint with this comic is nothing more than a pet peeve of mine- the Akaku on that orange fellow is facing the wrong way. Matoran Onknu made both sides of the Akaku for this purpose, since the Akaku is an asymmetrical mask itself. Use it. Or, at least, use it if you don't want me to rant on about it longer than I already have.So, in conclusion, this isn't what I'd call a "good" series, but it does hold a lot of potential, and the use of the MNOLG kit really gives it a unique feel that you really don't find in comics much anymore. It also holds a bit of nostalgia for me, and even though I didn't really enjoy the series as a whole, I've seen worse, and this still had things in there I actually liked. My biggest piece of advice that doesn't concern graphics or humor or stuff I've already touched upon way too much? Be open to criticism like this, and don't stop looking for ways to improve your comics. Most importantly, don't give up, unless you have to due to time constraints or something. If you keep going and get used to the way things work around here, you might be able to move on to great things.

These I did not color these ones but, in my future one which if you look in my profile to see I have colored my self also I do put the mask on a few of the that are coming up. You just have not seen my ones that I have colored in my self. Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0

Ok, first off, the transparent selection doesn't work in Paint 7. Download the Windows XP version to use it. Don't settle for filling the box around the character. If you learn transparent selection, your characters can interact and touch each other, and a world of possibilities open up.My thoughts on Comic 4: Not much I can say here. The scenes were funny, but, not really any logic to them. I suggest making up a reason for these events to happen, and making the reason itself funny.My thoughts on Comic 5: Conversation at beginning was funny. BUT THEY BROKE THE FOURTH WALL. METEOR SHOWER--...no. Just, no.But on to the actual comic: As I said earlier the conversation at the beginning was funny, and the scene in Onu-Koro after MPR disappeared was too.BUT NEKTANN!Please follow the advice of everyone above you before posting the next comic. It makes a world (or a Mata Nui Robot?) of difference.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Ok, first off, the transparent selection doesn't work in Paint 7.

Actually, it does, but it primarily works on .BMP files. For this style of comics, I'd say it's possible to make the entire comic in a .BMP format, as long as you remember to make a .PNG copy of it before posting it. Edited by Gerlicky: Sweethief Troll

Comic 6 was mostly boring, but I congratulate you on your progress in the technical aspect.Comic 7 felt like a parody of my comic, but I liked it. The parodies being transformation to Rebuilt (Seeing as in my comic people get upgrades all the time), Bacon and Sausage Guy (he reminds me of TNG's behavior when starved of bacon and pie), and Super Nova. (Since all four Super Saiyan forms were demonstrated in my comic)BUT...The exact time of how long MPH knew Baconsausageguy was funny, along with the elevator joke. The movie quotes weren't that funny, but I don't think I've seen that in any other comic so points for originality.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Comic 6 was mostly boring, but I congratulate you on your progress in the technical aspect.Comic 7 felt like a parody of my comic, but I liked it. The parodies being transformation to Rebuilt (Seeing as in my comic people get upgrades all the time), Bacon and Sausage Guy (he reminds me of TNG's behavior when starved of bacon and pie), and Super Nova. (Since all four Super Saiyan forms were demonstrated in my comic)BUT...The exact time of how long MPH knew Baconsausageguy was funny, along with the elevator joke. The movie quotes weren't that funny, but I don't think I've seen that in any other comic so points for originality.

I made bacon and sausage guy because I like bacon and sausage. And did i master randomness yet??

LOL. Comic 8 is definitely the best out of all these comics. I don't know where Zaktan got fire powers, but he should ask if that same place has fire CONTROL!Spelling errors joke was good, definitely one of your best jokes. Whoa new Toa! The payment joke was good, reminded me of "He's dead. Where's my money?" "Wait, you wanted me to PAY you?"Good, you're learning how to make plot.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And did i master randomness yet??

I never thought anyone could really "master" randomness. Randomness is okay when done in proportion, but if everything just makes absolutely no sense at all it really makes for an awful comic.Anyway, Comic 6 shows signs that these comics are improving; at least graphically, anyway. The spelling and grammar still irks me. Don't tell me you can't just spell "too", "you", and "are". And really, at least try to think of names for the individual comics, okay?Comic 7 is just... weird. Aside from the stock bacon-and-sausage guy food-obsession character cliche and the spelling/grammar stuff, one of the things I dislike about this comic is that weird orange-squiggle-blast thing that comes out of the panels. Try to at least keep them within the panels so they don't mysteriously come from the ground in the panel above. Unless you want to make that a joke itself, which I find fits your style of humor, which you can by all means go ahead and do that. Not that I'm telling you how to write Comic 9 or anything. The biggest complaint I have with this comic is just the name. "Comic 7: Randomness A.K.A. C7:R". Honestly, does that even need to be abbreviated? And come to think of it, do any of these comics need abbreviated titles?Comic 8 is huge. In fact, it's so big that it's a problem. Don't make the backgrounds bigger than they already are; I don't want to have to scroll horizontally just to read one panel. Other than that, I really don't have much to say that hasn't already been said before. I will say the whole Toa thing adds a bit to the plot, but I still find that it's done in a random manner.So, in conclusion, the comics are improving, albeit slightly. Keep working on these, you're sure to master the practice of comic-making anyway.

YES. YES. THIS IS MUCH BETTER. I like the running joke of heering spelling errors (Irony) Finally, a crowd of villains. The radio scene was funny, and the Star Wars references were good. The army scene DID however remind me of my "Bohrok Legion March" scene in Comics 18 and 19. Oh well, nice job! Finally I can say that!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

A filler the size of a normal comic. XDI do like the random falling of object, but don't overuse it. Also, the OUCH, says you, HAHAHA, says I was taken from my Piraka episode, wasn't it? It's very similar...

It was similar I honestly did not realize that.

It seems the fillers are prequels. Anyway, my thought on Comic 12!You need something to spice things up, something that makes every episode different. Anyway, the idea of a script was funny, and how they were all blindly doing things. Just saying it needs something....big.

U know my first thought after I read this was EXPLOSIONS :smilevakama: weird huh. Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0

Lol. Commas and Karma. One day you could get Karma for forgetting commas...The argument was funny, but unrealistic since I get along with him in real life. Muaka made me laugh.WHOA huge army. Now I see what you meant by phases, but seeing as I didn't even know about those phases I simply made you Toa Piraka Hakann 4.0 anyway. Sorry about that? Lol.I like how you made fun of the words hitting the characters too. But the rest after that was so random it wasn't funny, until "Save the heart of Metru Nui--oops wrong person." Then it got weird again.Overall, make shorter comics than that. Now I know how Soran felt XDAnd USE PROPER GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION. It's getting annoying.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Lol. Commas and Karma. One day you could get Karma for forgetting commas...The argument was funny, but unrealistic since I get along with him in real life. Muaka made me laugh.WHOA huge army.Now I see what you meant by phases, but seeing as I didn't even know about those phases I simply made you Toa Piraka Hakann 4.0 anyway. Sorry about that? Lol.I like how you made fun of the words hitting the characters too. But the rest after that was so random it wasn't funny, until "Save the heart of Metru Nui--oops wrong person." Then it got weird again.Overall, make shorter comics than that. Now I know how Soran felt XDAnd USE PROPER GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION. It's getting annoying.

There r some reasons I made this comic longer for one the battle at the beginning was WAY to short.