Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:Since when has this RPG become a harbor?Still planning an IC.
OOC: Because we're bored and deciding to have some fun between major/minor plotlines. That, and I guess people just like coming up with ship names. Should I get bottle of campaign?Funny thing Brikman, I was actually thinking of trying for Vinyatooth back when you first introduced her. When Bluetooth tried talking to her about ideas regarding how to handle the far-off threat of the Alien Conquest aliens, he was, I feel, perhaps feeling nervous around her due to feeling a bit of love. Or something.IC: Taking a seat, his tray loaded with a large pepperoni pizza and a large plates with chips and salsa dip, Andrew was ready for a nice, calm dinner meal with his friends."Having the Brickolinis come here to serve food was the best idea this team ever had," said Bluetooth, munching on a pizza of his own topped with mushrooms and anchovies."Have to agree, they're pretty good," said Stranger, who had a bit of sausage and lettuce added to his."I definitely like how they're willing to be experimental with their toppings," said Laxus, who had chosen a few unique ingredients for his, among them ketchup, bacon, and a bit of peanut butter."And that's why they're still the best darn pizza place this universe has seen," Andrew said with a grin, taking a few good bites out of a slice of his own.Pterisa was still with the group, enjoying a pizza that had a rather large amount of anchovies on it, along with a bit of salmon. As Andrew began dipping a few of his chips, she tapped him on the shoulder."If I could take a moment," she said to him, "I'd like to thank you for all you and Laxus have done today. I didn't think anyone would be willing to be so open and welcoming with accepting me into the team.""Well," Andrew replied, "I can't take much credit. The team's definitively been just as welcoming as us, barring a few notable exceptions. Zach, Minerva, Joike, they've taken your joining in stride. And after all the allies this team has seen, I don't see any decent reason not to.""Yes, yes, I agree. But its comforting to know someone like you was wiling to enough to serve as a guide, taking me all around HQ and helping to defend me from those naysayers who were being hostile. It gives me hope about how I can live with the rest of the world when all this is over.""Wow...," Andrew was a little mortified by all the compliments he was being given. "Well, I suppose its just natural, given that I'm the guy who likes space, is friends with a Martian, and lives that one zany island where nothing is impossible or unacceptable. Speaking of which, I'd recommend LEGO Island if you're looking for a place to stay. If the Brickolinis' reaction to you is any indication, they're sure to be fascinated with your appearance, if anything.""I'll keep that in mind." The two stared at each other, smiling from the good mood they had put each other in, for a few seconds before feeling the awkwardness of the situation and turning back to their meals."You know," Stranger said suddenly, "I just realized something. Tomorrow's December 21. You guys remember the significance of that date?""What, that it's only four days 'till Christmas?" Bluetooth replied. "I know I'm a little excited about that. I hear some of the guys are starting to prepare some activities for-""No, he's talking about how that date's signifigant for the whole 2012 Doomsday thing," said Andrew."Isn't that 2010?" Laxus asked. "I know there was a movie that-""The director of that film only did that for a bit more drama in his disaster simulation reel that was allegedly a movie. As far as I know, the Mayans and I Ching or whatnot have always said 2012.""Well, if you pardon some gallows humor," said Stranger, "With what's going on, I wouldn't be surprised if doomsday decided to come two days early. Heck, had things gone wrong a few times, I bet it might've even come earlier by now.""Well, let's hope it doesn't," Bluetooth said, just as the voice of Specs started coming out of the HQ intercom."Attention, all Dino Attack personel..."--------I hate being right, Semick thought as he listened to Specs's broadcast.The B issue was still being settled in a few small ways, as he understood by the time he left, but it seemed like he would be able to get back to HQ ASAP. And not a moment too soon, either. Within seconds of entering the lobby, Semick got to hear the A-Bomb of an announcement on the intercom.The news was foreboding. Just as Semick suspected, the downturn in Mutant Dino activity in LEGO City was a sign of something bad. The creatures were gathering in the outskirts of the city, where the patrols were missing them most. Meanwhile, recent intelligence gathered from an old ally revealed that Dr. Rex was, in a fit of insane fury from their recent victories, was planning a strike on Dino Attack Headquarters with the intent of blowing it down to bits."When the sun sets on December 21, 2010..." Specs repeated a message intercepted from the maddino himself, "Dino Attack Headquarters shall come crashing down... the courage of Dino Attack Team shall fail... and the age of Minifig civilization shall end!"Semick's eyes narrowed. Now he knew what he had been doing was right. This night would be the calm before the storm (literally, judging by some of the weather he saw on the way in), and the team needed to prepare for the attack as quickly as they could. He hoped everyone had slept well the night before, because he doubted anyone would get any sleep tonight.One thing he quickly became concerned about as he thought over the team's circumstances was the emotional state of the agents. From what intelligence he could gather from his PDA, the mole business, though settled, was still a measure of concern for the team as a whole. Furthermore, some matter regarding a loose cannon of an Elite Agent called French Fries had caused a bit of disarray earlier when it was revealed he had tried to have some agents put to death for earlier misdeeds. Currently, the agent was locked up, but it seemed that some agents were still preoccupied for trying to discovers the whys and hows of the matter, and whether it should concern them.This needed to be settled quickly. Specs had the right idea, and was going around the same points of reassurance and confidence boosting on the intercom that Semick had gone through in his speeches to his men during the last battle at Adventurers Island. This would definitively help, but more would have to be done before the night was over. And the former Power Miner was ready and willing to do what he had to. And he had just the idea.He began typing out an All-Agents Bulliten, narrowed down to the Elite rank only.To all my colleagues with the rank of Elite Agent:As you may of heard, we've got a problem brewing just outside LEGO City, to say the least.As you also may understand, our team may not be in the best emotional state for this concerning the recent events that occurred today at HQ. In that regard, we need to rebuild this team's confidence and readiness to fight.I want all of you, and all of your comrades of any rank that you feel have been strong comrades, friends, or simply associates in the course of our battles, to start going around the team and remind them of all we've done. All we've overcome, beaten, discovered, survived, defeated, and recovered. From the first schisms brought on by Kotua, from the struggle with our own fears that most of us faced at the Maelstrom temple.We need to remind our fellow fighters that no matter what's coming, the simple fact that we've made it this far, and have overcome the mole and inner-agent struggles that attempted to cripple us strategically and emotionally, means that we will be able to win this one last fight.We must do this, for if we don't, our world, and perhaps our universe may fall. But if we do, we will finally end this long and tedious conflict, defeat the madmen who have hounded and strained us for nearly a year now, and at last have a home for our families and friends to come back to.For Dino Attack, for Minifigkind, and for the world, help your fellow agents understand that we will win this fight.-Semick

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC:Dr. Cyborg was just wandering the building, bored out of his mind. He had nothing to do. He wound up at the hangers. He saw Kara underneath the Reclaimer, working on something."Hi, need any help?" he asked Kara."No, why?" she asked from under the ship. "You know Cortana and I are perfectly capable of doing it ourselves.""Knowing you two, the Reclaimer would implode," Dr. Cyborg said with a smirk."I'm gonna kill you for that," she said nonchalantly, without stopping the work."Without risk, there's no fun in life," he said. He then left for the cafeteria. It was about lunchtime.Dr. Cyborg heard the announcement about an attack tomorrow. He was sitting at the table with Andrew, Laxus and Pterisa when it came over the intercom."I hope Dr. Rex holds off for four days. I'd hate to die three days before my birthday!" he said, trying to break the tension.OOC:His birthday is the same as mine, December 24th.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: I apologize for not posting earlier, but I was busy, I got a part-time job now and I could only check on my iPhone.Now, for some exciting action.IC: Barry Jackson sat crouched in his sniping post as the announcement played over the loudspeaker. Dactyl stood in surprise, listening.Meanwhile, Sarah carefully covered Kate's ears as she heard it, trying as hard as she could not to wake her daughter."When the sun sets on December 21, 2010... Dino Attack Headquarters shall come crashing down... the courage of Dino Attack Team shall fail... and the age of Minifig civilization shall end!"

Trigger was walking through the hallway, accompanied by Montoya when he suddenly encountered an all-too familiar face."Hello, Snake," he said. "What's up?""I heard things were gettin' rough," replied Snake. "I don't know about you but I'm getting the znap out of here.""I won't tell anyone," replied Trigger. "In fact, I'll go with you.""You mean you're not going to kill Silencia?" Montoya asked."What the znap gave you that idea Montoya?" Replied Trigger. "She is a menace to this planet and needs to be stopped, but even I'm not stupid enough to hang out while several dozen guys are pointing znapping guns at you and going out of their way to protect her.""What about those guys watching you?" Snake asked."They got distracted by some znapping announcement," replied Trigger. "I say we get the znap out of here before anyone finds out we're gone. Montoya, you coming?"Montoya took a moment to think. "I got a truck outside," he said. "Good," replied Trigger. "Get us out of town.""Oh no," replied Montoya. "I'm not letting you two anywhere near my family.""Well, at least find some megablocking place we can hide for a while. Now let's go!""What about your money?" Snake asked."When I'm paid to do a job I do it," replied Trigger. "But I know well enough to back out when you're in over your head. Now let's go."

It was a brief but tense few minutes as the trio climbed into Montoya's pick-up truck. Quickly, he hit the ignition and started to drive away.There was a certain amount of driving for what felt like an hour. Finally, Trigger noticed a sign: Enderson's."Pull over here," Trigger said to Montoya. Reluctantly, he brought the vehicle to a stop, and followed the other two men as they climbed out and walked inside."What's all this about?" Montoya asked."If this is what I think it is I think I know someone who can help us," replied Trigger.Sure enough, at the bar was an attractive, blond-haired young woman in her early 30's."Hey," she said casually before changing her expression to something a bit colder."Carrie?" Trigger asked. "Yeah," replied Carrie. "What the znap you doing here, Carrie Enderson?""When I heard about this whole thing I came back because I wanted to make sure my family was okay," replied Carrie. "I couldn't catch a shuttle back so I decided to re-open my brother's bar. I had to fix it up quite a bit, but it's good to have customers who aren't alien criminals.""Is your brother here?" Montoya asked."No," replied Carrie. "He's running a bar in Antarctica. We still talk here and there.""I thought you said she could help us," replied Snake."I'm znapping getting to that part," replied Trigger. He turned back to Carrie. "Look, something's happened and we need a place to lay low for a while. Can you help us?"Carrie casually wiped a glass as she smiled, putting it down. "Come on,' she said.

There was a slight creaking as the door to the cellar opened and Carrie led Snake, Montoya, and Trigger down the stairs. "Not the most comfortable, I'll admit," she said. "But it is a place where you won't be seen during business hours, and you have access to food and such, once people clear I can give you actual rooms. Out of curiosity what happened?""We deserted,' replied Trigger. "If anyone comes asking about me-""I never seen you before," replied Carrie."Excellent," replied Trigger as he placed a cigarette in his mouth. Carrie turned and walked back up the stairs, shutting the door behind her.Montoya looked at the other two men somewhat nervously. It certainly wasn't easy being a reformed criminal stuck in a dark room with two cold-blooded murderers who were probably already wanted by the police."You didn't have to do it," Montoya said."I did what I znapping well had to," replied Trigger. "I'm telling you," Montoya said. "You're wrong. She's reformed-""All she's doing is setting you up," replied Trigger. "Now that she knows your alive she's going to kill you. She's going to track you down and stab you in your megablocking back like she did to Deniro, and then she's going to kill your megablocking wife and your children. Is that what you want?""No," replied Montoya."Than stay out," replied Trigger. "I don't want to have to kill you too. Unfortunately those dang agents confiscated my gun."

OOC:

Okay. Of all the fourth-wall-breaking references in the seven years of Dino Attack RPG, this one has to be one of my favorites
I'm glad you though so. I realize who this site is targeted too, but after reading Bluetooth call French Fries "an cool dude", I need to make some sort of Take That-type reference to how ridiculous it made it sound.
Funny thing Brikman, I was actually thinking of trying for Vinyatooth back when you first introduced her. When Bluetooth tried talking to her about ideas regarding how to handle the far-off threat of the Alien Conquest aliens, he was, I feel, perhaps feeling nervous around her due to feeling a bit of love. Or something.
That's good, because that's more or less how I interpreted the situation, which actually more of the real reason why I suggested that. I suppose we could make something more of it if you're feeling up to it. Edited by Brikman McStudz

IC:It looked like Hertz was going to spend Christmas alone. Aside from Naomi he really had no personal life. He knew enough about relationships to know that the fraise “just friends” really meant. “I don’t think we should meet for awhile.”Considering that Hertz really had no real friends he resolved to wonder the halls alone. It was easy to forget about the holiday season well on the lush and tropical Adventurers’ island. Even now in Lego city there was no snow, instead a heavy layer of sleet pored outside the window.He had often been alone on Christmas. Even before the dino attack his social life had been minuscule. Mostly it had been due to his obsession with his work. He had actively tried to make friends once he got out of collage to little success.Eventually he had given up perusing any kind of relationship. Hertz became somewhat of a recluse and had rarely ventured outside his home aside from groceries and the annual ComicCon.He had even fallen away from his family. Christmas had become nothing more then a word on the calendar for him and the holiday lost all meaning. The dino attack was the most he had interacted with people in years.Hertz had led a very lonely lifeTherefore he wondered the halls alone. A distant thunderclap was heard outside and the glass of the headquarters retailed from the storm outside. Considering that he no friends in the outpost to hang around with he made his way to the one place he could feel comfortable.It was the first time he had entered the communications room since he arrived at the building. It was certainly an impressive configuration. Wires and cables ran up threw the ceiling and across the entire room. Across the floor was a verity of other wires that connected to two central tables that held a configuration of satellite dishes and antennas. Everything in the room seemed perfect. He moved to take a seat by one of the massive wall terminals but did a double take of something he had not initially seen.A woman in a wheel chair was parked in front of a computer. All Hertz could see of her was her long coffee hair as she faced away from him.“Hello?” asked HertzThe woman jumped in her seat and spun around to face him.“You scared me.” She smiled. “I’m Shannon Gromtin. I’m the new head of tech and communication.”Hertz raised and eyebrow. “Really? I’ve been the leading communication officer for the entire adventurers’ island campaign. I would have thought they might have considered me.”“What’s your name?” asked Shannon as she held out a hand.“Hertz.” He frowned as he took it. “It’s just I’ve dedicated my entire career to this and I was not even offered the job. I really would have liked that position.”“Well you can help me.” Said Shannon. “I’m sorry you were overlooked for this. Word has it you might be considered for an elite position anyway. My degree is in biomedicine and I’m afraid radios are not one of my strong suites. From what I heard you’re one of the best radio operators this team has. Maybe you could teach me some of your secrets.”Hertz smiled as he took a seat next to her. “I suppose we could exchange a few notes. We’re be working together so we’re have to get along right?”Shannon chuckled and brushed her long hair behind her ear. “So is it true you hacked the intercom in the XERRD headquarters?”“Oh that was nothing.” Laughed the techy. “You should hear about some of the stuff I did before I joined the D.A.”He was about to recount a tail about a curtain jetpack warring hippie when the load speaker buzzed. Hertz rolled over on his spinney chair to turn up the volume. "When the sun sets on December 21, 2010..." Specs repeated a message intercepted from the maddino himself, "Dino Attack Headquarters shall come crashing down... the courage of Dino Attack Team shall fail... and the age of Minifig civilization shall end!" “What is this?” asked Hertz slowly. “What’s going on?” “XERRD is planning an attack tomorrow.” Muttered Shannon. The light drained from her face as she herd the news “We’re not ready for this.” Hertz suddenly jumped from his chair and over to one of the terminals. He quickly started calibrating an antennas. “What are you doing?” asked Shannon as she wheeled over beside him. Hertz did not take his eyes of the monitor. “If XERRD’s attacking tomorrow they could already be here. I might be able to intercept some of there transitions. It’s not much but it’s a start Shannon nodded and got to work beside him.OoC:I am honestly upset that Hertz did not get the technology head promotion but I’ll try to make the best of it. Some interactions with Shannon should make things interesting.Now I suppose your going to start insinuating Herannon because they are in the same room together. :)I’ll have a Saran/Pharisee post next. It will give Phairsee an opportunity to explain his excessive force and have some talk about Rex.

That is all

OOC:Of course they are! Have you been under a rock the past few days?Speaking of Elites, when are the promotions?Also, is French Fries free or jailed?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Oh... ouch. Sorry, that guy. I feel like such aj erk right now... sorry about that! Of course I should have considered Hertz instead of introducing another NPC when I was trying to think of a replacement for Ata... and given that Shannon's expertise is biomedical and technology (but not specifically communications), it would have made much more sense to choose Hertz instead of Shannon... Man, I feel so guilty right now.As for elite promotions... I don't know. I mean, since the final battle is nearly here, I'm considering allowing anyone to use any vehicle, meaning that "elite agent" would be solely an honorary title and not a gameplay mechanic (which is what it was originally intended as), meaning that it might be rendered obsolete. What do you guys think about this (both the vehicle part and the elite part)? If the general consensus is "yes, we should still have one last promoting of players to elite agent", then I'll have a little something in my next IC.Hey, Andrewnuva, I just remembered something. Whatever happened to that XERRD scientist ("Gene Rick", I once jokingly called him) whose mind accidentally got swapped with that of a Hybrid?IC: A sort of grim atmosphere had descended upon Dino Attack Headquarters after Specs made the fateful announcement. The majority of the team, especially those who had joined during the Adventurers' Island mission, was confident in a sure victory. Long-timers and veterans who had seen friends fall over the course of this horrible war realized that this could potentially be the last time they ever saw peace... a short calm before the terrible storm.Rex watched from a window in the hallway as Alpha Team Helicopters and Agents Aerial Defense Units airlifted civilians out of LEGO City, which was about to become an unsafe battleground. There was even a Coast Guard helicopter or two helping in the evacuation. A squadron of T-1 Typhoons escorted the transport helicopters, protecting them from any Mutant Pterosaurs that dared to come near.As he watched the helicopters at work, Rex reflected over the past eight months. He could hardly believe that this war was only eight months long... surely, it felt as though it had lasted over seven years. In that time, Rex had met and fought alongside many great people. He remembered escaping ShadowTech with Kai and Hyrode; rescuing Databoard, Turahk-Kal, and Glide from the Voltage; working with Zero and meeting Amanda Claw; fighting the Future Villains with Frozeen, PBB, Chompy, and Libo; and defending the Power Station with the help of Reptile. And, with a heavy heart, Rex reflected upon the fact that most of these people had died or disappeared a long time ago.Rex heard footsteps. He turned his head and saw Ben Gunn approach him. "I'm glad I found you again, Rex," nodded Ben Gunn. "I still might not remember my time before the Goo Caverns, but it appears that things have changed for the worse since the last time I was on the surface.""I'm sorry, Ben," sighed Rex. "I'm sorry that you were safe in the Goo Caverns for so long... and we bring you out of your safe haven to a surface world on the verge of total destruction."Ben Gunn shook his head. "It was my choice, not yours, to leave the Goo Caverns. After seeing what XERRD was plotting, I knew that if I had chosen to stay, my safe haven would be neither safe nor a haven for much longer. A castle may be a protective house, after all, but a dangerous place to live when the enemy brings the ceiling down upon your head."Rex nodded in agreement. He absentmindedly placed his hand in his pocket and felt the ring with which he intended to propose to Amanda. Then, with a start, Rex remembered that the ring belonged to Ben Gunn and was in fact stolen by Greybeard. Clearing his throat, Rex murmured: "I believe I have something of yours, Ben." He pulled the ring out of his pocket and showed it to Ben Gunn.Upon looking at the ring, Ben Gunn narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing with this?" he whispered."Greybeard... found it," explained Rex, "and gave it to me because he knew that I wanted to propose to a girl that I know, and... well, since you're still alive and you're here, I suppose it rightfully belongs to you." He held out the ring and waited for Ben Gunn to take it.Instead, Ben simply smiled. "Keep it," he decided. "It might have been mine once, but it holds no sentimental meaning for me now, and I have no need for a pretty ring without any meaning. Use it wisely, Rex, and propose to her."Rex bit his lip. "But Ben, I'm... I'm not going to live for much longer."Ben Gunn raised his eyebrows, an expression that seemed to look into Rex's very mind, making Rex feel as though he was talking to Dr. Saran once again. "Well, then, why wait?" Before Rex could reply, the elderly man turned and left.No sooner had Ben Gunn left than Frozeen appeared. "Oh, hey, Rex," greeted the Alpha Team agent. "Who were you just talking to?"Rex shrugged, pocketing the ring as he did so. "Oh, that was Ben Gunn. Have you gotten a chance to meet him yet?"Frozeen glanced in the direction that Ben Gunn left. "Darn. No, I haven't, and I've been eager to meet this 'Ben Gunn' guy that everyone seems to be talking about. Well... by 'everyone', I just mean Amanda and Greybeard. I'm just kind of curious to meet him in person, and I feel like I keep missing him. It's like I always happen to walk in a room just after he leaves.""Any particular reason you want to talk to him?" inquired Rex. "I'm afraid that, while he's quite sane nowadays, he isn't as... interesting as he used to be."Frozeen shrugged. "An old man who lived in the Goo Caverns by himself for who-knows-how-long? Can you blame me for being interested? Maybe he knows something that neither Alpha Team nor Evil Ogel ever knew. And if he does... I hope maybe I can tie up a loose end or two before the final battle. Anyways, Greybeard and King Race wanted to see you and Amanda as soon as you two are ready to go."

As she worked beside him, Shannon Grimton noticed that Hertz was a very quiet fellow. Although they were now working together, he rarely made eye contact with her and kept to himself most of the time. Already, Shannon thought that she recognized this sort of behavior, but just in case, she cleared her throat and said, "Look. I know that, since I studied technology on a more broader spectrum than simply telecommunications, I might not be as fit for this position as you are. In fact, I'm surprised that you haven't already been promoted to leading communications expert; I can only assume that, in the wake of Ata's havoc and chaos, the founding members wanted to act quickly and, instead of promoting you to elite agent, they just went ahead and chose a tech-savvy person who was already an elite agent.""I guess," shrugged Hertz, without looking at her."But I just want you to know," continued Shannon, "that I'm very grateful for your help. No hard feelings, right?""Oh!" blinked Hertz. "Of course not. No hard feelings at all. I'm just..."Shannon nodded. Since Hertz was clearly not angry with her, she was now certain that she recognized his behavior, and so decided to be as open and friendly as possible. "I don't know if they'll promote any agents to elite status by tomorrow... but if they do, I'll see to it that you're one of them. I mean, you definitely deserve it."*****Greybeard watched as his old friend, King Joseph Race, talked with his son, Samuel Race. The old pirate reflected upon the fact that, although they were father and son, circumstances meant that Joseph and Samuel were often separated during the course of the Dino Attack. Now, in the calm before the storm, they had the opportunity to have a father-son bonding moment. They comforted each other, with Joseph telling Sam how proud he was, and Sam telling Joseph how much he loved him.As Greybeard watched, it made him feel a little depressed that he would never have such a bonding moment. He barely even knew his own father, and Beatrice had died long before she could conceive a child. Greybeard sighed, reflecting upon his lack of family."Grandpa?"Greybeard turned around to see Mary Rose standing there. The old pirate bent down on one knee so he could speak with her face-to-face. "Me dear," cooed Greybeard, "yer grandpa be off wi' other Dino Attack agents t' secure th' perimeter near th' Dino Attack Power Station. That way, we can hopefully stall them Mutant Dinos from gettin' too close t' Dino Attack Headquarters. Ye should stay here, where it be safe.""You'll keep me safe, right?" asked Mary Rose. "Promise?"Being a realist, Greybeard knew that his chances of survival were slim. Still, he locked eyes with Mary Rose and gently laid his hand on her shoulder. "I promise." He gently kissed her on the forehead, as her real grandfather might have, then stood.It was already nightfall. The calm before the storm would end in a matter of hours.

OOC:Of course they are! Have you been under a rock the past few days?Speaking of Elites, when are the promotions?Also, is French Fries free or jailed?
OOC: French Fries is in jail. His wounds are currently being treated by Wade.
I’ll have a Saran/Pharisee post next. It will give Phairsee an opportunity to explain his excessive force and have some talk about Rex.
OOC: You've just given me another one: Sarisee (though I guess it would be easy to get that confused with a shipping toward Sarah Bishop, which would be a crack pairing).IC: "What about your megablocking pardon," Trigger asked, curiously. "Isn't that what they promised you if you helped them out.""Znap the pardon," replied Snake. "It's not like it's going to last long. As soon as I'm done I'll do something else and the police will be right back after me again.""I see," replied Trigger."So what exactly is the plan?" Montoya asked."Simple," replied Trigger. "We lay low while Carrie keeps watch. As soon as the coast is clear, she gets us false passports and we get the znap out of the country.""I see," replied Montoya. "You aren't by any chance taking me along for the ride?""I won't force you to come," replied Trigger. "I'll only need your truck, and we can leave you behind at your znapping home with your znapping wife and znapping kids."Snake calmly lit a cigarette as he stuck his boots up on a table.OOC: Okay, I think I'm going to need someone to give me something to do. At this point, I think most of my characters are open for interaction, so if you want to converse with Sarah and Pierce or Jackson and Dactyl or Bogart or anyone else I'm fine with it.

OOC: I would say go ahead with the vehicle part. In the chaos of the Final Battle, it could be easily explained away that nobody is really concerned if a non-Elite Agent is using an Iron Predator or T-1 Typhoon.But I also like the idea of being an Elite Agent as an honorary title. Like a sort of "Thanks for sticking around through a long hiatus and etcera and etcera and you're being recognized for sticking through until the end." So I'd say go ahead with one last Elite Agent promotion. Because why not?

Okay, I think I'm going to need someone to give me something to do
I think if you wait long enough, PeabodySam might throw some a lot Mutant Dinos at us. ;)IC:"So this is it," Minerva said grimly."Yep," was all Zach managed say. After Specs' announcement came through, Holly Vinyaya and Zelda Frodongan left Zach and Minerva to their own devices; both presumably to help prepare for the battle. Zach was also certain that Zelda was going to find Nazareno. Zach and Minerva were quick in arming themselves and getting helmets. They both were helping where ever they could, which had ultimately led them to the helicopter hanger.It was slightly bare due to T-1 Typhoons helping escort helicopters with civilians out of the city. The T-1 Typhoons that remained were undergoing last minute inspections so they were prepared for the battle. Heading the efforts were more LEGO Islanders; namely, Nubby Stevens and Bill Ding. Nubby and Bill spoke surprisingly very little as they made sure everything was ready for tomorrow. Zach and Minerva helped by simply following the mechanic and builder's instructions."Why is that Agents helicopter here?" Minerva asked as Nubby dismissed them. She pointed to the dark blue helicopter landed near the edge of the hanger. Curious, Zach and Minerva walked over to it."Hey!" Zach called out. "Why is this thing here?" In response, a dark-haired, bespectacled man in an Agents uniform appeared from behind the helicopter."I'm refueling. I'll be out of your way in a moment..." The man squinted at Zach, then grinned. "Zachary Virchaus." He began to approach Zach.Zach smiled in realization. "Thaddeus Brickhouse." He shook the Agent's hand. "Good to see you again.""Hopefully not for the last time," Brickhouse said, scratching his beard. "I heard you became one of those Stromlings back on Adventurers' Island. Imagine my surprise to see you here!""Well, thanks to a couple of friends, I am here." Zach gestured to Minerva. "This is one of those friends. This is Minerva Fabello." Thaddeus extended his hand toward Minerva, who accepted it with her own, smiling nervously."Nice to meet you, Minerva. Me and Zach were close buds back when he was an Agent. While he moved on to this team, I stayed behind.""You know why," Zach said, crossing his arms.Brickhouse waved his hand. "I know. I know. If you haven't already seen, the Agents Defense Organization has learned its lessons. We didn't interfere with your Adventurers' Island mission until your team actually needed. And relations have been improved with the Alpha Team considerably.""I've noticed. Are you going to be out there tomorrow?"Brickhouse revealed an arrogant smirk. "Plan on it. Agent Chase is going to have some of us hanging around to back you guys up. Dash Justice will probably do the same.""Good to hear. Now, I suppose you should be going back to the-""Civilian evacuation." Brickhouse nodded. He turned and climbed into the helicopter. "Best be going. I better see you on December 22."Zach smiled sadly. "You too." The Aerial Defense Unit fired to life and quickly left the hanger."That seemed rather random," Minerva noted as they started to head for the exit."A bit. But now that we know he's here and he knows we're here, he'll probably save our lives at some point tomorrow in a Chekhov's Gun-style Big Darn Heroes moment."Minerva smiled briefly. "That's encouraging." She looked away. "What do think?"He knew what she meant, but still asked. "What?""Do think we'll win tomorrow?"Zach sighed. "I want to say that there's no chance of Dr. Rex winning, but I'm not sure. This is easily looking like 'final battle' material. If it is, we can probably bet that Dr. Rex is out there leading the Mutant Dinos himself, seeing to it that this building is flatten and all of us murdered. And if this is a final battle, we might be able to anticipate scientists, Hybrids, and mercenaries aiding him. And then there's stuff he might throw out that we aren't anticipating..."Minerva looked at him. "So basically, if we even have a chance, it's going to be like running through MegaBlokLand and back?" Zach nodded. "I'm staying with you. Until the end."Zach wrapped his arm around her and brought her close. "Until the end." Minerva rested her head on his shoulder. If there was one thing he didn't regret from happening in this war, it was getting to know Minerva Fabello and would gladly fight with her until this battle was won or until he was dead.He mentally cringed. Death seemed to be just a few hours away. There were enough close-calls on Adventurers' Island to tell him that he wasn't invincible, even if he could control the Maelstrom. Compared to when he first landed on Adventurer's Island, Zach was uncertain what would happen tomorrow. Anything could happen. He squeezed Minerva's hand tightly.All he could do now was wait.

OOC:I agree with Brikman.IC:Dr. Cyborg finished his meal, and went to the lab. He had been working on Dino speech translator software, and he uploaded it to himself. All of a sudden, he remembered a plan he had been working on a couple of weeks ago, when he was in XERRD. A bio-mechanically augmented T-Rex. He had almost completed it, too. He sincerely hoped Dr. Rex hadn't finished it.He contacted X-1 and X-2, telling them to prepare for battle to occur within 24 hours.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "What do we do?" Sarah Bishop asked, listening to the chaos outside. "I don't know," replied Pierce. "I say we get out while we can," replied Sarah. "Kate's here. I say we just run off.""Then get shot for aiding a deserter?" Pierce asked in a darkly humorous tone. "I care about her just as much as you do, Sarah. I want to see her get through this and go on to a better life, but I don't think we can get her out so easily. But you're a non-combatant. I'd suggest you-""I'm not leaving," replied Sarah. "I spent so many long months in Antarctica worried sick that Kate would be coming one day in a body bag. Now that I've found her, I don't want to let her out of my sight."Pierce took a moment to think it over. "That's very noble of you," he said. "What about you?" Sarah asked."Me?" Replied Pierce. "I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon, and they probably will need a doctor on standby."There was a moment of silence before Pierce spoke up. "Should we wake her?" He asked, motioning towards Kate, who still peacefully slept in Sarah Bishop's arms, a sharp contrast to what seemed to be happening around them.

OoC:Well it looks like this is going to be an epic battle in the rain. However consisering it is December it may be more along the lines of frozen sleet.I just returned homes from our cabin but I will not be able to stay very long. Once again I must pack my things and leave for a leadership institute in chicage three days. I'll be there for a week and then after one more week school will start and my level of participation may be small. Hopefully I can take my computer with me and participate as much as I can. If not, please try and procrastinat. I have some cool ideas planed so i pray this won't start to early to implement themAs for Hertz please don't sweat about the promotion. I've just wanted him to have some athority for awile. For me the position of elite agent has never been about game macanics. It has been about awording honorable members for detication both in and out of character. I belive that me, avmatoran, and brickman have all been deticated members and that Hertz, doc Cyborg, and Zach have earned the right to lead. I think it is time they take there places alongside Rex, Hotwire, and Andrew.Lastly, sorry about particularly bad spelling and grammar. I did this on my phone.

That is all

OOC: Very well then.IC: As thunder rumbled in the distance like the tolling of church bells, the final hours fell upon the Dino Attack Team. As Rex sat in the conference room, he reflected upon how, in the past, it had always been so full and lively just before a mission. Now, it felt as though he were attending a funeral. It truly was the end of it all, reflected Rex.He glanced over his shoulder and locked eyes with Amanda Claw. She smiled gently and nodded, but there was no happiness to her expression; only acceptance.At the head of the conference table sat the four founding members, as they always did. They always seemed so sure of everything, so confident in the success of their team. But now, their resolve was grim. Specs cleared his throat, and began his announcement: "This shall be our final meeting, everyone, and as we are on the eve of attack, I shall keep it brief; I do not intend to keep you for long, as the rest of the team is in preparation for the upcoming battle. However, there are a few... important announcements I need to make. First of all, we have a few last-minute promotions for well-deserving Dino Attack agents.""Zachary Virchaus," announced Shadow. "In recognition of his work on Adventurers' Island, from defending the Aztec Village to taking down two of XERRD's most dangerous operatives, Glados and Provencal. Despite his time as a Stromling, he has proven to be one of our strongest-willed agents, breaking free of the Darkitect's control in our darkest hour. Of course, that could not have been possible without the help of Minerva Fabello, to whom the team owes immensely. Therefore, Zachary Virchaus and Minerva Fabello are each receiving the title of Elite Agent."Given the current mood, there was some slight hesitation due to the question of whether or not it was appropriate, but there was some applause in response to the promotion. Remembering how Zachary had saved him from a hungry Mutant T-Rex during the Aztec Village battle, Rex clapped his hands together approvingly."Dr. Cyborg," continued Digger. "As a former XERRD scientist, Dr. Cyborg has given us much insight into our enemy. His knowledge of technology, Maelstrom energy, and Mutant Dino biology has proven most useful to our cause. And despite working for XERRD, Dr. Cyborg has displayed such unrelenting loyalty to the Dino Attack Team that it cannot be overlooked. We see it fit to grant Dr. Cyborg the rank of Elite Agent."There came more applause. Rex joined in the applause, remembering how much Dr. Cyborg always wanted to be there to help out, ultimately being able to repair Zed Provhezor's former hover-chair."And finally," concluded Viper, "we have an agent who some may call an 'underdog' - the kind of humble, hardworking agent who rarely gets recognized but is more than deserving of a reward. As he is busy working with agent Gromtin at the moment, he could not be here to attend this meeting, showing his devotion to his work. And given the recent... revelations about Ata, it is only fitting that we are presented with a brilliant telecommunications expert to more than simply 'replace' him. And so, we proudly bestow the rank of Elite Agent upon Hertz."Although Rex barely knew Hertz, having only met with him a couple times and not exactly conversing with him on a personal level, Rex could tell that this was a good choice by the founding members as he joined in the applause for Hertz's promotion.At that moment, the doors opened, and three figures stepped in. Rex immediately recognized them as General, Shock, and Sam Throramebi. Although he was elated to see them again for the first time in weeks, Rex could not suppress a shudder as he laid eyes upon Shock, however, for even in the dimmer-than-usual lighting of the conference room, he could see that her once-flawless beauty was now tarnished by several horrible scars across her face."What happened?" Rex whispered to Amanda."During the Adventurers' Island mission," she explained, "they were sent on an intercontinental mission to track down and destroy all of XERRD's teleporters to severely cut off XERRD's ability to move and transport units. I was talking to Shock earlier today, and she said that a Mutant Raptor got to her while they were investigating Sandy Bay."Rex bit his lip. "Poor girl.""The good news," continued Amanda, "is that she's taking it rather well. She's well-aware that a little plastic surgery could take care of the scars, but she said that she won't consider it, believing that the scars are too important to remove so easily. Besides, she thinks that having a few scars of her own brings her a little closer to General... a little romantic, isn't it?"Rex nodded in agreement. He watched as General, Shock, and Throramebi approached the conference table.Specs cleared his throat. "Ah, yes. I'm glad you three could make it to this meeting. When I created the Portal Operations Team, General and Shock, I gave you two a specific order to use as a failsafe. Now, I believe it is time... time to execute Operation Antarctica."General and Shock traded glances, while Sam Throramebi raised an eyebrow in confusion; as he was not a member of the original Portal Operations Team that was reportedly shut down by Digger, he did not know what Specs was referring to. Nodding grimly, General declared: "It shall be done." Then, the three of them turned and exited the conference room.As Dino Attack agents in the room began to murmur among themselves, Specs cleared his throat. "General, Shock, and Throramebi shall see to it that, in a worst-case-scenario, we have a last resort, a last hope for survival. I hope we never have to use it... because if we do, it shall mean that the war is lost. That is why it is up to the rest of you to make sure that the Mutant Dinos never reach Dino Attack Headquarters."Then, Specs sighed in a way that Rex never heard him sigh before: a sigh of defeat. "You know," he murmured, "for the past eight months, I have had to lead this team, knowing very well that we are the last hope for the LEGO Planet. And despite all the hardships we've faced... all the disputes we've had... all the danger we've been in... this team is more than I could have ever hoped it to be. I thank you all for making this possible. It has been an honor and a privilege to know such a strong and dependable team. Now, let's get out there... and make Dr. Rex wish that he never stepped foot in LEGOLAND."OOC: Tomorrow... it ends.> / A / > /\

IC:“What in blue blazes was that!” yelled Doctor Saran as he burst into Pharisee’s office.The commander did not look up from the file he was studiously readying. “Something troubling you doctor?” he asked lazily. “You’re not one to get upset.”“You brutally attacked an unarmed elite agent who was already beaten in a jail cell! Do you find nothing wrong with this?” It was not often that doctor Saran became flustered. It took a considerable amount of energy to make him angry and angry he was.“Quite frankly I don’t doctor.” Said Pharisee. “Considering the realm of options it seemed like the best action to take.”Saran rolled his eyes. This was not a psychological meeting so he allowed himself to exhibit his annoyance. “Would you mind telling me why?”Pharisee closed the file he was reading and motioned Saran to take a seat. The psychologist grudgingly hobbled over and rested himself across from the commander.“I believe my attack on French Fries was a necessary.” Began the commander. “Without the intervention of a third and neutral party…myself…more agents would have taken the law into there own hands. Supporters of French Fries would have attacked Rex. Supporters or Rex would have attacked French Fries. It was important that my department have the last word. If we did not, more vigilantes would have taken the law into there own hands.”“But was the show necessary?” asked Saran. “Did you have to make the speech and attack him in his own cell?”“It was important that I outdid Rex’s efforts.” Answered Pharisee. “I needed to show that I had superiority and was in a position of power and control. If the last thing that happened to French Fries was be thrown in jail by Rex and his allies it would give the appearance that they had the last word and that internal affairs lacked control of the presiding. This needed to end with me on top.”“So you beat the man to a pulp?” asked Saran. “I must say that it seems like excessive force. French Fries was beaten, did you really need to attack him in his cell?”“I needed the public to know that I mean business. I go to great lengths to ensure justice and that my image be the last thing on their mind. Not Rex taking the law into his own hands, but me doing my job.”Saran nodded. He in no way approved of the commander’s methods but he could understand his logic.“Speaking of Rex ware do you stand on him.” Asked the psychologistPharisee sighed and removed his sunglasses. “That all depends on how your talk went. Rex still needs to be held accountable for his actions. The question is to what degree.”“I can’t tell you the details.” Said Doctor Saran. “All I can tell you is that it went well and that we made progress. I’ve scheduled another session on the 27.”“Considering our impending doom we may not make it that far.” Said Pharisee. “Some of us will not be making it to Christmas this year.”“Not with that attitude.” Responded Saran.At that moment Wright and Shiller burst into Pharisees offices. Both woman seemed flustered and out of breathe as they reported to him. “We have a situation.”Pharisee quickly rose from his seat. “What do you mean a situation?”“We lost Trigger and Montoya.” Responded Shiller. “They somehow slipped away.”“How long ago?”“Less then 10 minutes.” Said Wright. “They can’t have gotten far.”“Place an all agent bulletin.” Ordered Pharisee as he bolted around the desk. “I don’t trust those men unsupervised.”Saran was about to say something when a UlTech infiltrator entered the room. “Snake has disappeared.” It said. “I checked the security tapes and he left the base not long ago in a pickup truck with Trigger and Montoya.”The commander grabbed his black leather trench coat and his gun holster. At a brisk pace he moved from the office and set a course for the hangers. “Ready a T-1 Typhoon.” Said the commander into his radio. “Set up a perimeter, they can’t have gotten far even with a vehicle.”Saran finally found an opportunity to speak. “Commander is this really the best use of time and energy. XERRD is attacking in a matter of hours and I don’t think taking a helicopter out to look for three men is a good use of resources.”Pharisee spun around and pointed a finger at the psychologists. “Can you definitively tell me where Trigger’s loyalties lie?”Doctor Saran did not respond.“If by chance XERRD offered him more money do you suppose he would have any regrets about betraying us? This very moment he and his companions could be broadcasting everything they know about us to XERRD. The fact three of the most morally questionably individuals have disappeared on the eave of battle is cause for great concern.”The Commander, Wright, Shiller, and the UlTech infiltrator soon reached the hangers. Pharisee quickly boarded a nearby Typhoon accompanied by other Internal Affairs agents.“Is this really the best use of time?” asked Docter Saran a second time. “This place will be needing some leadership. It’s not right for you to be leaving like this”“I’m doing what is best for the D.A.” responded Pharisee. “I’ve done the research, these men are capable of horrible things. They have no loyalties, they believe in nothing. They are selfish to the core I will not rest until I know they can no longer compromise the safety of this institution.” The Helicopter then rolled out of the hanger and onto the cold and windswept tarmac.* * *Solomon Koplowitz stood like a statue in the freezing rain. Flashes of lightning illuminated his soaking wet cloak as it draped around his wet form in the downpour. His stance was calm and collected as he stood without moving in the courtyard before the front gate.The rain soothed his senses. The rejuvenating power of water flowed down his brow and fell upon the helmet resting under his arm. In all the misery that was felt inside the building Solomon felt life falling forth from the skies and giving him strength in the approaching storm.In his left hand was the long and elegant form of a cold steel katana. Water flowed down the blade and bounced of the hard concrete. Light from the headquarters reflected of the sword giving the appearance that he held a thing of light.He had found the weapon in the locker of an agent he did not know. It bore the name of Leonidas “Fullmetal” Spartana. Considering the owner had not been heard from in weeks Solomon believed there would be no harm in barrowing it. It would be good for the blade to taste battle one last time.The philosopher meditated in the bitter sleet. Now was the time to be serene and controlled. He let the icy rainwater run down his head and gather at his feet. He felt every drop as it touched his skin and reverberation in the blade.He stood alone and in the cold. He waited. OoC: Anyone is welcome to be on board or join Pharisee’s helicopter. If Atton wants to put his associate on board I thought of some names I like. Possibly Portcullis, Castle, Mongonel, Bäumer, Tjaden, Müller, or Ray Montag.Tomorrow it ends. Wow, I hope there is something left when I get back from Chicago. I leave tomorrow and I would hate to miss it like I did at the temple of creation. Perhaps what Peabody means is the D.A ends, not the RPG. Quite frankly I’m alittle concerned.What does > / A / > / mean? I sense a code.

That is all

OOC: I think by that PeabodySam didn't literally mean the RPG would end tomorrow. I think what he meant to say was that tomorrow we will officially begin the final story arc (or "the beginning of the end") which will lead directly into the end of the RPG. After all this is the climax, the moment we've been building up to all this time. I don't think PeabodySam to be the kind of person who would want to rush and give us a case of Xen Syndrome).I kinda like the sound of Montgonel. I think I'll go with thatIC: Just before the helicopter could take off, a younger, brown-haired, clean shaven agent climbed on board. "I just got your bulletin, sir," the young agent said. "Look, whatever this is, it better be urgent.""It is, Montgonel," replied Pharisee. "These are dangerous men.""I see," replied Montgonel. "Would you care to explain to me exactly what's happened and who's involved? If possible I wouldn't mind seeing some files on each of them."

The door slowly creaked open as Carrie Enderson descended down the stairway holding a small tray of food. She placed it on a small table, along with three bottles of beer."No thanks," replied Montoya."Come on,' replied Carrie. "You got to eat something.""I don't think so," replied Montoya. "Look, the way I see it, I'm thinking I should go.""Oh, come on, now," replied Carrie. "At least get something.""No," replied Montoya, standing up. "The way I see it, it will be a lot easier for everyone else here if I go. Sooner or later they're going to come looking for you two. They might have even identified the truck. I can get out of here. If nothing else I can draw them off. I'm the only one here that isn't being hunted, you see. If they pull over the truck and find me, they're just going to think nothing of it.""The weather's not looking too good," replied Carrie."It's alright," replied Montoya. "I've probably driven through much worse, and it should buy us time before they get any leads."Montoya slowly stood up and worked his way up the stairs. He opened the door slowly."Montoya," said Trigger. He turned.There was a moment of silence. "It was nice seeing you again," he said. Montoya smiled before closing the door behind him. He slowly walked outside into the pouring rain and climbed into the dry interior of his pick-up truck. He took a deep breath, and turned the key, hit the ignition, and began to drive away.OOC: Alright, at this point nearly every character I have is open to interaction. Elizabeth (I wouldn't mind finding her something useful to do); Sarah, Kate, and Pierce (well okay, Kate has the slight problem of being asleep, but the other two are certainly available), Barry and Teri, Cabin, Rotor, and the other medics.

OOC:So the ones who were promoted are in the conference room?I'm an Elite Agent! *sniff, sniff*I'll IC later tonight.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I hope nobody minds how I'm having people's characters used here. I just want to try adding a bit of strategy here to the team's defenses.IC: Everyone was somber as they filed out of the conference room. There was no real joking, no smirks, no loud banter discussing what the mission was. Only the stoic acceptance of the fact that they were now to face their final, and perhaps biggest challenge yet."Well, this is it," Laxus muttered to the crew of people he had come to know alongside Andrew over these past few weeks. "Earth's final battle, the one where its faith with be determined.""It's going to be a doozy, that's for sure," said Stranger. Though he had always taken a realistic and somewhat humorous attitude to everything, he was realizing the gravity of the situation. "I'm no optimist, but I'm willing to bet that we can survive this onslaught fairly well. Fairly.""I... I hope so, Stranger," said Bluetooth. The anxiety was clearly getting to him. He wasn't a fighter, and he clearly was worried about his chances out there, even if he would be simply joining Semick on his T-1."The best we can do to prepare ourselves," said Pterisa, "I suppose, is to remind ourselves of what we're fighting for. Our close companions, our future, this planet's civilization, and perhaps the emotional strength of everyone in this universe.""Not a bad thing to think of," Andrew agreed. "I know many leaders have used that emotional strength from motivation to empower countless armies, even if they were quite certain they were following the footsteps of the Bolivian army, so to speak. It's quite a valuable asset."Andrew glanced at Semick, who was coming up behind them. "Very true, Andrew," the proven-resilient leader said. "So far, I'm thinking it will serve us well here. I've already got several groups not unlike yours to remind themselves of their motivation, and I have no doubt it will help our efforts. Now, if I may, before you get yourself prepared, I want you to meet me with some other Elite Agents in the mess hall. I want to discuss a plan I have for the battle. Please come alone, I feel this is a matter for our rank only."As Semick continued down the hall, Andrew glanced at the group around him. Bluetooth and Stranger were already heading their own ways for their preparations, leaving him with Laxus and Pterisa, the only people he had been in really close associations with these last few months.Laxus patted Andrew reassuringly on the shoulder. "I'll go get prepped and wait for you at the hanger," he said. "Hopefully there's still a Fire Hammer we can claim, assuming whatever Semick's thinking of doesn't need you elsewhere.""I'll join him," Pterisa added. "In this environment, I suppose fighting on my feet and wings might be a bit hazardous. It might be best strategically to lend my lightning abilities to aid one of the vehicle teams.""It'll be more than helpful to have you aboard," said Andrew. Then he said to both her and Laxus, "I'll see you soon."--------Semick had sent the same message, either by mouth-to-mouth or PDA comn, for all Elite Agents, be them new or old, to come to the Mess Hall to hear in on his plan.Within ten minutes of him reaching the mess hall, he had managed to acquire the presence of a good number of them. Rex, Hotwire, Adventure, Cabin, Andrew, Hertz, Dr. Cyborg, Zach, Rotor, and Fabello were present, and were now waiting a little anxiously for Semick to begin, perhaps just so they could return to their preparations as soon as possible. The increasing sounds of thunder and pitter-patter from rain on the rooftops was helping no one's nerve here.Semick stood at one end of the table where everyone was sitting or standing around, a map of the area of LEGO City where the Dino Attack Headquarters layed (drawn in with pen, due to the map being made before the attack) out in front of him. On it were several red markings and a couple soda cans from the last meal, likely serving as markings."Fellow agent," Semick began, "I'd just like to take this time to give you a sort of battle plan I want to try before we launch ourselves into the street and air. I also want to give you some encouragement on how I feel, as a whole, we should act if we're to keep our team's will to fight going."First, I want to address the terrain." Semick waved his hand around several marked buildings around the lot of the HQ. "There's many buildings still leveled right around our perimeter, but they're still very rough terrain for our vehicles, even the tracks on our IPs. Most of our operations are undoubtedly going to be in the streets, and I just want to make it clear I don't want to limit ourselves in that manner. If push comes to shove, clear out buildings if you must. Just watch the falling debris and don't let yourself get surrounded."Also, I just want to say that in spite of what Specs, I don't think the Mutant Dinos reaching the HQ is a completely major blow at us. Undoubtedly, Dr. Rex will try every trick he has to try and strike at it, and we need to be prepared to either let chunks of it go or abandon it completely in the fight. I'll get more into detail with that later, but for now, I can only advise about the points of concern." Semick pointed to several markings around the HQ drawing on the map. "Watch the backside. Like an unwary person in the room with an assassin, it's the least defended point, and it being the part that faces the dockside that some of our carrier ships use to reach here doesn't help. The laboratories area doesn't have much strategic value, but that glass ceiling is just asking for some Pterosaur to dive-bomb into it. The hanger doors need the strongest defense, and most of all, I want everyone to be aware that the central tower needs its operations moved closer the ground. It looks like it could easily be knocked over."Now let's talk about placement of our forces," Semick said as he grasped a few of the soda cans. "Obviously, I want our T-1s all around the area. Their firepower and defense capabilities are too priceless to squander. The IPs," he said, placing a few cans close to the HQ drawing, "should be our last line of defense from the onslaught. Not to say I don't want them on the front lines, only that their tanklike-build and cannon capabilities would serve well to hold the line if the Dinos get to close. The rest of the fleet needs to create a perimeter," Semick placed the remaining cans all around the HQ lot, "around the base. Fire Hammers and Urban Avengers will be our main fighting vehicles, while the Steel Sprinters will serve best as run-and-gun fighters, and perhaps as scouts and messengers as well. The drivers all know their strengths and weaknesses by now, so hopefully the only problem we should have is number overwhelming, which is most likely going to be the biggest problem of all. Only good side of it is that a mass that big is bound to be easy to hit, and fallen Dinos might have a good chance to trip comrades or something."Semick took in a deep breath. "Now here's the matter I want to discuss the most, and that's how I want us to act. Now I'll say this much. When I was first promoted to Elite Agent, I figured it was only a title that only served the benefit of giving me authority to use an Iron Predator and T-1 Typhoon. But during my time on Adventurers Island, I've come to believe it means something more. Agents do respect you for it, but they also treat you naturally as a leader, in what seems to be an instinctual thing to look for these days to look for when the Founding Members are rarely on the front lines themselves. They look up to you, feel determined to see you standing, feel some pride lost when you take an injury or two, but ultimately listen to every word to say, and nearly always feel better when you're shouting over the mic to give orders."With that in mind, I want all of us to take up the reigns of leadership as much as possible during this fight. All of you should do your best to encourage whoever you fight alongside to stay strong and keep at it, as well as help whoever you can when it is possible. Some will find this easy," and Semick glanced at Adventure and Rex as he spoke "I have no doubt, but others I know aren't used to it, or have been through things that might make it hard for them," Semick also glanced at Rotor and Andrew, "but I want you to try anyways. I also want you to try your best to lead certain parts of the team to try my battle plan and unite various parts for an offensive strike, perhaps during a Mutant T-Rex horde or some giant robot XERRD drives into battle. Overall, I want us to work together to create a better defense and heighten our chances at victory. If the worse-case scenario comes and the headquarters falls, we can still direct the team to avenge it and finish those Mutant Dinos off."Semick took another breath. "Now I have a few ideas how each of you can focus your efforts. Hotwire, Cabin, Rotor, you've all done well with a T-1 in the past, and I think it would be foolish of you to pilot anything else. Even if your tactics, Rotor, have given us... trouble... in the past, you've still proven yourself well as a commanding agent several times before. If you just can keep the welfare of your comrades in mind more often, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Perhaps a bit of classical music would be of some help. And I think seeing a Talon II in the air wouldn't hurt either, Hotwire."Dr. Cyborg, you've got many helpful technologies and tricks on your side, and while I may not know all of them, I'm sure they could be of help here on the front lines. See to it that you can put into good use as many things as you can."Adventure, you're a determined, fearless, and confident agent. While you may seem silly at times, that kind of attitude is endangered among the ranks at this point. If you can keep it up on the main defenses, I'm sure many agents will be in gratitude for your cheers and encouragement against the masses of reptiles."Andrew, Zach, Fabello, I know none of you are natural leaders, but after what you did back there in Hotep's temple, I'm sure you've made yourselves more well-known than ever. To have you out there, either with the IP defenses around HQ or the main fighting lines, will definitely be an encouragement for others to be heroes and defy the odds as well. And Zach, though I doubt you want to remember your time as a Stromling with fondness, and that leading Maelstrom soldiers is completely different from leading Minifig soldiers, I think that your experience could possibly give you some idea as to how to help guide your agents along, and could be a way to help the people who saved you learn a few tricks as well."Hertz, I know you're not a fighter, but I do know you're a darn good survivor and communications expert. I'd say your place is with the men who might remain at HQ as very last defenders, and it would do us well to have someone who can keep track of all the radio and PDA messages coming in when the battle is in full heat, so we might have a way to understand what the Znap is going on with everyone. Plus it might be a good way to help to explain to the Founding Members what it is we're doing."And Rex, I know you're not a natural leader to great extent. It's why you encouraged Hotwire and Reptile to take more command responsibilities on Adventurers Island. But you've still got intuition and some good friends serving with you, and undoubtedly you're still the legend of an agent you were back in even the earliest days of the war. You were among the first Elite Agents after all. Therefore, I'd encourage you to work with the IP defenses around HQ. You've been using that vehicle since back when things first started escalating from simply taking back LEGO City, and if anyone can help these things manage a defense, it's you."Semick took a deep breath, relaxing a bit from all the talking. "Alright. That's all I have to say. Feel free to try your own ideas, or question some of mine, but I personally encourage you to keep what I said in mind. I just don't want us to get unorganized out there."

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: And, after a few months, a Cipher Chronicles episode, some personal drama, a Steam summer sale, and lots of books and games later, I'm here at last, for the end.EDIT: I realized after the fact that the Alpha Team scene might crimp on other people's plans for stuff with AT, so to clear something up: they're simply not commiting as many agents as they could be- the ones they are are player characters / NPCs, etc.IC:A few months ago:"Get the laser, I'll take them!" shouted Magma. He dropped into a defensive crouch.The three warriors seemed a bit shocked that this unarmed man was about to fight them headon, and so their pace faltered a bit. This was unfortunate, as it bode enough time for Reptile to grab the laser and fire it three times."Right. Now, grab a weapon, and grab some armor. We're going to see what's going on out there," Magma ordered. Reptile obeyed unthinkingly- he was out of his league in this situation. After a minute or two, Magma and Reptile were both armed with swords and wearing the armor of their captors.Some time passed as the two moved through this facility. Magma wasn't sure where they were, but from countless infiltration missions he could make a few guesses. It looked like a Castle Cove style base. If they had been captured, presumably, it was by some Knightly faction opposed to Dino Attack Team and allied with Dr. Rex. But who?Suddenly, they rounded a corner, and found Shadow Knights fighting more of the"Well!" exclaimed Reptile. "I guess the cavalry- or, rather, the infantry- has arrived." Magma nodded. He was uneasy about their alliance with Vladek- almost as much as he was as uneasy about their alliance with Ogel. If "uneasy" was the right word for allying with someone who he had sworn to capture or kill, who had escaped his grasp far too many times in the past.Reptile and Magma quickly charged forward and joined the fight, with laser and sword. Magma cut down two of the enemies while Reptile got in a couple of shots from range.The lead Shadow Knight turned to Magma and nodded. Frowning, Magma slowly nodded back. As if this was a signal, the Shadow Knights then charged off deeper into the fortress."Well, that was underwhelming," Magma said, frowning. "I wonder what's going on?"The two agents followed them through some small corridors into a massive chamber. And there they found a terrible battle before them.Dozens of Shadow Knights and a handful of Ogel's elite Space Drones were locked in combat with some of the native warriors. One of the Space Drones turned, and saluted the duo."Super Space Drone S-71 at your service, Reptile! It's been a while. And Special Agent Magma.. good to see you," the drone said. Reptile nodded."What's been going on here? Actually, scratch that- where are we?" Reptile asked."You're in the last stronghold of the Skr-Ok Clan. They allied with some band of knights who were hostile to Vladek and thus an ally of XERRD. Since our resources are a bit stretched thin, our masters sent in a joint strike team. We've been most successful so far, though your assistance would be welcomed."Magma snorted. "The Skr-Ok Clan! Those incompetent, boring, Vikings who were so little a threat we didn't care enough to keep them from regrouping... I've fought aliens, insane masterminds, evil maniacs, zombie drones- no offense- and countless random little threatening factions, but the Skr-Ok clan has got to be the most boring waste of my time I've ever dealt with...! Ahem. Point me in their direction and we'll finish them off soon enough!"Reptile's mouth quirked, amused. He had never seen Magma completely lose it before, though according to hearsay when it happened there were thermonuclear results.The Space Drone appeared amused as well, though with a Drone it was hard to tell. "Well, then, their command post seems to be through that corridor. We've got a handful of my commandos in place for an assault, and we'd be honored to have a man of your reputation lead us into battle."Magma appeared to smile. He headed off in that direction and addressed the Space Drones.As Reptile reflected later, the sight that day was one that probably no one in the room- Reptile, the Space Drones, or Magma himself- would have ever expected to see.Special Agent Magma, who had sworn to fight Ogel with his dying breath, gleefully leading Space Drone commandos into the fray, cutting down human after human.Now:Reptile sighed as he exited the conference room and headed towards his office in the technical development wing of the HQ.The Mutant Dinos were coming for them, tomorrow.He had spent so much work, so much energy, developing ways to defeat them. He was a scientist, not a killer. But he had become an engineer, become a technician, become an Elite Agent of Dino Attack.And all that work was for naught if they did not win tomorrow.And would they? He would do his bit, of course. He had already done it, to a large extent. Goo based weaponry would be used where it could be. He had spent the day conferring with other scientists and preparing emergency countermeasures. Some surprises for Dr. Rex that hopefully the enemy would not anticipate.The enemy. Reptile remembered, when he had first joined the team as a replacement for Magma as a technical officer, that they had been unaware of the existance of this XERRD. The Mutant Dinos were a menance, a threat, but... not an enemy. He had read logs of Rex and others trying to tame them, trying toAnd now it was time for him to put his brilliance, his science, his inventions, his engineering- all of it- to use, for killing.Is this how Magma felt? It was common knowledge that Magma had been an extremely skilled engineer in the 2005 Mission Deep Freeze against Ogel. And that after Deep Freeze ended, Magma had decided to go into Special Operations and become one of Alpha Team's most effective trained... well, killers.Reptile sat down in his office chair and sighed. However, he then noticed Agent Tail at the door- Tail, his comrade for almost all of this nasty mess- Tail, who had shot and killed one of his friends and comrades when that agent had gone insane so long ago.He wondered if he would ever become like Tail, or Magma.He hoped not. But he knew he would be responsible for the deaths of more Mutant Dinos tomorrow than ever before... and so he wondered.Elsewhere:Magma glared at his superiors."Sirs- Zed, Dash. We have to do something. They're going to get slaughtered. You've read all the reports...""We have," Dash said."Then you know. They think they have a chance... they have no idea. We've helped them evacuate, and a dozen of our agent have volunteered to join the defense. Why won't you let me bring in everything we've got? I can have dozens of vehicles and men who are currently sitting on guard duty down here doing absolutely nothing-""They are not doing nothing, Magma. They're needed, as a reserve," Zed said reluctantly."So... we've written them off, have we?" Magma said. "Our grand plan, that we argued for before the LEGOLAND government. We would build an agency to save the world, and we did. And so far they've been successful. They've allied with almost everyone but these XERRD enemies- who we never saw coming, it seems- and now we've written them off."Zed and Dash looked at each other. Dash shrugged."No, Magma, we haven't. But you weren't cleared for this, I couldn't tell you," Zed said. "But forget that for now. We have a plan, and- although Dash has issues with your leadership style- we've decided to put you in charge of it's execution.""I wasn't cleared? But I- wait, what- what is this plan?""Do you remember the Iron Hammer?" Dash said simply.Magma's eyes widened, and slowly, he smiled.

Edited by TakunuvaC01
current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC: It's... um... a rather pleasant surprise to see you back again Takunuva. Hopefully you can catch up on things, as there are a lot of details and new characters to catch up on (I can tell you I for one have brought in quite a few new characters since we restarted).I'm a bit short on stuff to write at the moment. I think I'm going to need someone to wake up Kate. I'd do it myself but I think it would be a bit out of character for Sarah Bishop to do so. I'll probably do something with Elizabeth or the Western guys, or possibly a Maria/Pyro post next. Actually come to think of it we never did explain what happened to Dr. Strangebrick...

OOC: "> \/ A \/ > /\"? Well, since I had been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the past week, I decided to throw this combination of arrows and "A's" into the titular Ocarina of Time and...I got absolutely nothing. I tried reading the notes, but I mostly got gibberish. Which either means I'm dead wrong or I'm doing it wrong.Welcome back again, Takanuva.I realize now, especially in a drought-ridden state, it is probably the perfect time to head to my favorite website, RainyMood.IC:Zach stared out of a window in one of the hallways of the soon-to-be-under-attack headquarters, thinking about what had happened in the past hour. Rain tapped against the window at an irregular beat. Normally, this would calm him and be sorely wanted. If one thing was wrong with LEGO Island, it was the always perfect weather. Now, it put Zach on the edge.The water on the window obscured his sight, but the dark outline of tall building against the dark and cloudy sky were still visible somewhat. After the mental image of city always being bright, even in the dark, was ingrained in his conscious, seeing no light from any building was more unnerving than he'd like to admit.Elite Agent Zachary. Something he hadn't really predicted to happen was a promotion to Elite Agent. He supposed he had done a fair amount on Adventurers' Island, but he figured the part where he attempted to destroy the team and, through that, the planet, as a Stromling would prevent any sort of promotion. Not that I particularly cared. I had more pressing concerns about a post-Stromling future. Most importantly, the Darkitect's constant reminders that he would be shunned by the team for his work as a Stromling. So far, the Darkitect had been dead wrong and Zach's promotion codified it.Though she was off making preparations and he hadn't been able to speak to her more personally since before the meeting, Minerva seemed just as and perhaps even more surprised to be promoted to Elite Agent. When her name had been included with his, her eyes had widened astronomically, forcing Zach to suppress a snicker.On to Semick's meeting, he had remained mostly quiet and made sure to note everything he had said concerning himself and Minerva. Once again, he had yet to discuss it with her, but was certain they would be on front lines. Waiting for the Mutant Dinos to reach the final stretch of Iron Predators would be more unnerving than staring at a dark skyline.The mention of leadership had brought on much thought as well. He himself disliked leading unless said leader is incompetent. He didn't know if the leadership demostrated during the Battle of the Temple of Hotep III was the Maelstrom's work or his own hidden talents. Semick's right, of course. Leading intentional cannon fodder is different from leading actual people. I think I would rather just stay as 'role model' as opposed to 'leader'. But if it comes down to it, I'll do what I must.He felt a person brush against his side. Zach turned and saw Minerva, her helmet tucked underneath her arm. "How're you feeling?" she asked, looking out the window as well."Fine. A bit surprised at first, but I've moved on. You?"Minerva laughed bitterly. "So was I. Semick's meeting and a quick talk with Vinyaya and Nazareno made me feel better. Somewhat.""So do we have a ride?" If the fate of the planet most likely did not depend on the success of this battle, he might have looked into taking an Iron Predator or T-1 Typhoon."I found us a Fire Hammer with a few other people.""So we're taking the front lines?" Minerva nodded once. Her face was full of grim determination. Zach merely stared ahead. He wanted to say something to her. Something reassuring. Something encouraging. Something heartfelt.Minerva looked at him, "Let's go see our friends," she said quietly. "Just in case...just in case we don't see them again." He looked at her. The only thing upsetting her determined face was her damp eyes. He swallowed hard and nodded. She took his hand loosely and started to lead him to their friends.******************They found them in the garage. Zelda, Nazareno, and Vinyaya were speaking in hushed tones near an Iron Predator."-kind of last-resort means we lose the war?" Zach heard Zelda ask.Nazareno sighed deeply. "I don't know. The only idea I have is the abandonment of the planet.""What?!"Vinyaya coughed. "It seems likely enough. If Dr. Rex were to overtake us and defeat us once and for all, Antarctica would be his next target. If the team falls tomorrow, we may give up the planet to Dr. Rex and simply evacuate the LEGO Planet's remaining population to a colony in space. It would ensure survival, but would result in losing the LEGO Planet to Dr. Rex and have it become the Mutant Dino paradise he is dreaming of."Zach winced as he listened to this. If Vinyaya was correct, winning seemed more important then ever.Nazareno turned to Zach and Minerva and bowed his head. "Congratulations, Zachary. The promotion was well deserved."Zach smiled faintly. "Thanks. Where will you be in this battle?" Nazareno gestured with one hand to Zelda. "I will be with Zelda. We are taking a more...direct approach with the Mutant Dinos." He then gestured to a pair of Steel Sprinters nearby. They looked somewhat beaten and rusted. In sudden realization in what Zelda and Nazareno were planning to do, he nodded."Sounds spectacularly dangerous," Zach noted. "A two-man army riding right into the the pack." If this was anyone else, he protest (maybe even command) that the idea was suicide and was pointless. However, he realized who was pulling off. "Knock around a few Mutant T-Rex skulls for me, eh?" Nazareno bowed his head again. He turned to Zelda. "I expect you to do the same, apprentice."She smiled confidently. "You can bet on it.""Good. I better see you guys on December 22 when we are celebrating our win." Even as he said it, he still wasn't sure if he was going to survive, but if anyone was, Kareem Nazareno and his very skilled apprentice Zelda Frodongan would.Nazareno seemed to read his mind. "It was an honor knowing you, Zachary Virchaus," he said calmly, extending his hand toward Zach. Zach shook it silently, looking into the eye-slits of Nazareno's mask.As he moved on to Zelda, she quickly embraced Zach in a warm hug. Surprised, he returned the hug. Thinking about it, he hardly knew Zelda and she hardly knew him. Despite this, the knowledge that they both shared the turmoils of the Maelstrom somehow made them closer. Zelda suddenly pulled away."When this is over," she said with certainty. "We're going to start a real friendship."Zach smirked. "You can be that big sister that I never really wanted." Zelda chuckled quietly and bobbed her head in agreement. With that, he moved on to Holly Vinyaya.Their relationship was a strange one. One based on a lot of sarcasm. While he does find Vinyaya a bit uptight, Zach knew she was a fearsome soldier. He tried to find something to say to her. Something that would smooth over their earlier rough patch like the discussion with Scratch did. Something to make amends."Well, Commander. Looks like I outrank you now."Vinyaya rolled her eyes, but smiled faintly. "Congratulations, Zachary" she said. Zach raised an eyebrow at being refered to be his first name (and designated codename) as opposed to his last name. "You better be out there when this thing starts living up to that title." Zach nodded and shook her hand.Zach stepped to the side and watched Minerva as she spoke to Nazareno in a quiet, hushed tone. After several minutes, she embraced the space ninja warmly. The same pattern occurred for Zelda and Vinyaya, Minerva managing to solicit a hug out of the latter.Minerva then joined him, putting her helmet on her head. "Ready?" he asked her."Ready as I'll ever be.""Then lead on to the Fire Hammer."

OOC: And to prove that I actually am back, here's another post before PeabodySam shows up to start all the explosions.IC:Somewhere Highly Classified:Magma and Zed headed through the corridors of the facility. Zed was briefing him on the current state of the Iron Hammer, but he was lost in thought.He remembered when he had first been reassigned to Dino Attack from Alpha Team. He, along with his friends Shark and Sting, after conducting a few minor operations, had heard rumors of Ogel being up to something related to the Mutant Dinos. The rumors had been completely wrong, of course- Ogel would later become their ally against Dr. Rex and XERRD and their Mutant Dino horde. But at the time, they had seemed like they might not be, and so Magma mounted an investigation.They had discovered Ogel constructing an airship at his island fortress, an airship that was clearly intended to take the fight to the Mutant Dinos. It made sense, Magma supposed, as a mobile attack ship, capable of unloading Drone troops and vehicles and orbs and other standard Ogel equipment, would be most useful in combating the Mutant Dinos, who were spread out across the entire world. Especially since Ogel's armies were much smaller than they had once been, thanks to their 2008 battle.And so, he had stolen it. It was still being finished, and so the ship was not under as much security as it should have been, and besides Magma had had years of experience infiltrating Ogel's bases.He had stolen it, dubbed it the Iron Hammer after an amalgation of DA vehicle names, and brought it back to DA HQ. There, Shadow had assigned a handful of agents to crew it and keep it running.Those were the days... when it seemed like every ex-Alpha Team agent turned Mutant Dino killer had a giant airship and secret army of their own... reflected Magma. Of course, Kotua's Voltage had been a bit of a wildcard.And when the situation with Kotua had gone even more critical than usual, and the Voltage was apparently rogue, Magma had ordered the Iron Hammer to engage it. It was the only thing Dino Attack had that could have stood up to Kotua's ship for more than a few seconds- though that was all it lasted, as he had been outgunned, outmatched, and outflown by the much more powerful Voltage.He had thought the ship unsalvegable, and so abandoned the ruins.Alpha Team, however, had apparently not.They had sent a team to collect the ruined airship and bring it to Antarctica. And for the next six months, they had worked on it in secret."We haven't finished repairing most of the landing bays or troop transport systems, I'm afraid," Zed said. "You'll have to leave your Blizzard Blaster behind. Fortunately, we have converted one of the bays to an aerial hangar, so it can launch a small wing of Blue Eagles or similar fightercraft. But that, and the considerable weapons capacity of the ship itself, are all you've got."Magma nodded. "That's unfortunate, but I can live with it. It's true that the strength of this ship mostly came from it's troop transport capabilities, but as you say Ogel, and then DA, put some nice firepower into this thing.""And we've upgraded that as well," said Zed with the hint of a smile. "I don't know what the current status of goo-resilient Mutant Dinos are, but for those that aren't there are some powerful Reptile-grade Goo Launchers in here. Along with a broad range of conventional weapons."They entered the hangar, and Magma smiled again at the ship. "This brings back the memories..." he said softly as he walked forward."It does, doesn't it?" a familiar voice said. He whirled to see Cee Dee, Shark, and Sting standing near the ship."And with Alpha Team's best pilot, heavy weapons expert, and Mark V6 Android, we have no chance of losing the day," Magma said, his smile threatening to become a grin. He felt happier than he'd been in years.The old friends spent a few moments reminiscing, before Zed coughed meaningfully. Magma looked at his superior and nodded. Zed turned to leave as the four entered the ship."Sting, get the flight crew in order. You know where we're going- get us there as fast as you can. Shark, make sure the Blue Eagles are ready to go, and check that all weapons systems are ready. Cee Dee, I want you to monitor the power systems and be ready to throw everything to weapons and shields as soon as we get there."Magma pressed an intercom button. "This is Special Agent Magma. All Alpha Team agents who have been assigned to this ship, listen up! We're going to Dino Attack HQ. There, the Dino Attack Team is about to be attacked by enough Mutant Dinos to conquer a planet. And we are going to be there to lend a hand. I want everyone onboard in the briefing room in ten minutes. The push has come to shove, understood? Magma out."He wasn't honestly sure that even this ship would make too much of a difference. Now if they had Kotua, and the Voltage... but no one knew what had happened to Kotua. So it was just them.But he was determined to try.Dino Attack HQ, T-1 Typhoon Hangar Bay:Reptile, Tail, and Coral stood in front of the T-1 that the system said belonged to him.He wondered when he had last set foot in the thing.Probably the mission to Adventure Island. There, Reptile had been in command of a wing of T-1 Typhoons that were taken down by a Mutant Pterosaur swarm of considerable strength. So he had ended up leading a team of agents on the ground in an attempt to locate the Maelstrom.After that, Reptile's memories were foggy. Though from what he had learned a month ago, it seemed that the Skr-Ok Clan, a group of rogue, rebellious Vikings who had been associated with some questionable scientists, former and current members of XERRD, had launched a sneak attack and kidnapped him sometime in the middle of the mission. They had then brought him to their command postThe operation on Adventure Island had ultimately been successful, but no thanks to him. After S-71's Drone commandos rescued him, they took him to one of Ogel's bases. From there, he had gained passage back to DA HQ, and had been transferred from active duty to research for the last several weeks.And now that it was time for them to fight again, and he was needed on the front lines. And so he had decided to claim a new T-1 Typhoon."Well, do you still remember how to fly one of these things?" Reptile asked Coral, the Alpha Team agent turned pirate turned pilot."We'll have to see, I suppose. If we crash, you'll know I've forgotten!" Coral retorted, climbing into the cockpit. Tail entered the gunnery cockpit, as was his usual position, which left Reptile to operate the considerable amount of equipment in the back.He had ordered a few modifications made to the usual array of gadgets a T-1 Typhoon carried, and he had a few more he wanted to complete before the attack began. And so he grabbed a toolbox and began to work at a frantic pace.

Edited by TakunuvaC01

iC:Hertz did not expect to feel any different after his promotion to elite agent and he was surprised when he did. Agents looked at him differently as he walked down the hall and he felt empowered by he new responsibility. He hoped to prove to the others that his promotion was the right decision and he was excited to show what he was capable of.He found Shanoon Gromtin where he had left her in the communications room. The woman had on a headset and was carefully trying to calibrate a radio dish.“You’re doing it wrong.” Said Hertz casually as he entered the room. “The wave length is two small for the conditions. It will get lost in the storm outside and you won’t get any reception.”“Well why don’t you do it the?” smilled Gromtin as she pushed herself away from the desk.“We don’t have time.” Answered Hertz. “I’m an elite agent now and we are going to want to move this equipment to a more secure location. This tower could prove structurally unsound so I want to move all essential tech to the South side.”“Fine.” Answered Gromtin. “What needs to go?”“Lets move this stuff down to the third floor. We’re pack up as much as we can and set up shop in the lounge. We’re what to have some altitude boost our range.”Some rookie agents soon joined them in the room carrying a verity of foam-lined suitcases. Hertz and Gromtin then proceeded to take apart the equipment and pack them away safely in their designated boxes.“What about to computers?” asked Gromtin.“Leave them.” Responded the elite agent. “They’re two heavy to move. I can do a lot with just a radio and it will give us more mobility if we have to leave fast. If push come to shove I’ll be able to coordinate and keep everything organized from T-1 Typhoon. Hopefully it won’t come to that.”“So we’re be the guys taking in all the information from the battle, processing it, and implementing what you know.”“That’s the plan.” Said Hertz.With incredible efficiency the last of the equipment was packed. Hertz was only able to carry one suitcase because of his cast and Gromtin only was able to place one of her lap. Thankfully with the help from the rookie agents they could transport most of the supplies in relatively few trips.Once they arrived at the lounge on the southern side of the base. It had a good view of the harbor and plenty of space to run wire. In addition it had some comfortable chairs to sit it. Also in the lounge were Pierce, Sarah Bishop, and Kate. The latter was sound asleep on her mother’s lap. Hertz gave a sorry to disturb you look as he brushed past them and threw open a window.The icy spray of the storm rushed into the room and Kate jumped awake as she was assaulted with the sudden downpour.“What the znap are you doing!” yelled Sarah as she stomped over to Hertz. “My daughter needs the rest!”Hertz shrugged. “Sorry to disturb you miss but I need to set up these satellite dishes. I’m relocating the command center down here. Quite frankly Kate’s been sleeping for awhile and it’s time you made yourselves useful.”Sarah’s face went red but Pierce walked up and put a hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay.” Said the doctor. “I should be making my way to the medical bay. It will be very busy in a few hours.”“Is there anything I can do to help?” asked Kate as she whipped the sleep from her eyes. “I have a pretty good understanding of electronics.”“Help Shannon set up the wires.” Responded Hertz as he pointed to his assistant. “This place is going to be quite the hub of information once the fight starts. We’re going to need to function like clockwork.”

Pharisee gave the signal and the T-1 Typhoon lifted of the ground and into the stormy skies. With the sound of the propellers and the gushing rain it was difficult to have a conversation. The commander whipped the water from his face as he stepped over to Montgonel and took his hand.“I don’t have time to give you the files.” Yelled the commander over the thunder outside. “They’re back at the headquarters anyway. I can tell you however that each of these men assaulted another agent in the last twenty-four hours.”“What do you mean?” yelled Montgonel. He two was soaking wet and it took some effort to not be blown out of the Typhoon onto the dark ruins below.“Snake is a convicted felon who attacked another member of the D.A for having the same codename as him.” Said Phairsee. “He is violent, unpredictable, and a loose canon.”Montfonal nodded. “What about the other two?”“Both Trigger and Montoya attempted to murder Amanda Claw at different points. The former is a mercenary with no loyalties. He held a knife to an elite agents neck and has yet to be held accountable. Montoya is an old associate of Trigger and tried to shoot agent Claw with a shotgun.”It was difficult to read Montgonal’s face in the rain but Pharisee was able to discern that he raised his eyebrows. “Montoya was pardoned.”“Perhaps too soon.” Responded the commander. “I do not believe men like him can be reformed. The world is not in different shades of gray Montgonal, it is in black and white. A leopard can not change its spots.”Montgonal was about to argue when the pilot’s voice was heard over the radio.“Sir we spotted headlights down below.”Pharisee grabbed a pair of inferred binoculars and peered down at the dark streets. Sure enough a vehicle was driving alone down the empty road.“Who would be out in the storm at this hour?” muttered Pharisee.“The populace of the city is currently small.” Said a Ultech Infiltrator. “Probability is that that vehicle is the one we are looking for.”Sure enough the vehicle below was pickup truck.OoC: This may be the last I post before I go to Chicago. However before I go I took a photo of my characters. I'm considering making it into a banner. You can see it here.You may ask why Dust is not waring a shirt. The answer is that he does not need a shirt.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

IC: Sarah slowly walked up to Hertz as soon as Kate and Shannon were out of earshot. He looked at her with a look of unease, but to his surprise, she just tapped him on the shoulder."Go easy on her, alright," Sarah said. "She's been through a lot lately."

Dude casually took a sip of his White Russian drink as he sat down in the mess hall and was approached by Angel Eyes, who was holding a bottle of whiskey. "Howdy," Angel Eyes said as he sat down. "I don't think we were ever properly equated. I'm Angel Eyes.""Dude.""Dude," replied Angel Eyes, pouring a glass of whiskey. "Interesting name. You hear all this talk about us being attacked?""Yeah," replied Dude. "It's probably nothing. Everyone's getting freaked out over a minor znapping problem." "Do you have to use so many cuss words?"Dude looked at him in confusion. "What the znap you talking about?" He asked.

"I think I might remember reading about this Montoya," replied Montgonel. "Someone gave me the file after the incident with Amanda. According to those documents he reformed after a gruesome job at Mindstorms Inc., during which the most illegal thing he did was drive the getaway car. He has since been living in a small isolated Seaside cabin out of town."Pharisee shot him a menacing look."According to the file he has a wife and kids," Montgonel explained.

OOC: Great to have you back, TC01! Glad you could join us one last time.

OOC: "> / A / > /"? Well, since I had been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the past week, I decided to throw this combination of arrows and "A's" into the titular Ocarina of Time and...I got absolutely nothing. I tried reading the notes, but I mostly got gibberish. Which either means I'm dead wrong or I'm doing it wrong.
Ah. Close, Brikman. Very close. But you're thinking of the wrong title. You see, Ocarina of Time, even with its ReDead-infested Hyrule Castle Town Ruins, Poe-haunted graveyard, and creepy-as-heck Shadow Temple, is much too bright and cheery for the current mood of the Dino Attack RPG. Think of another Zelda title... one far more fitting to the present moment... one which beautifully reflects the mood of doom and gloom as all that you know is about to be terminated in a matter of hours...And on the eve of destruction, "> / A / > /" is played, and help shall come.TakunuvaC01's return was no mere coincidence.And, although I fear chances are slim, TakunuvaC01 might not be the only one to hear the Oath of Order. There may be... another...IC: It had been too long since he last sat at the controls of an Iron Predator. The last time he drove one of these fearsome tanks, he helped defend the Dino Attack Power Station with Reptile. Before that, he had not used one since his original Iron Predator was blown to bricks by Kotua. But now, Rex felt at home once again.Rex glanced over his shoulder at Amanda Claw, who was manning the Iron Predator's cannon. She nodded, with that same expression of grim acceptance of their fate, and gave a thumbs up. Rex returned the motion, then turned his attention to Frozeen, whose hands gripped the Iron Predator's Z-1 Kinetic Launcher. Frozeen nodded similarly, managing a slight smile."No matter what happens," Rex murmured, "we're together, and that's what matters." With that, the Iron Predator rolled out of the garage, ready for battle.Truth be told, Rex was extremely grateful that Semick was a strategist and understood that, despite all the acclaim he had gathered from his fellow agents, Rex was not. Therefore, when Semick instructed Rex to oversee the Iron Predators' line of defense, Rex did as he was told, despite Greybeard's wishes that he would join the Fire Hammers at the front lines. Still, Rex told Greybeard to keep him updated via radio; the use of telecommunications would also help keep Hertz updated on the Mutant Dinos' activities.Thunder rumbled ominously, and the earth shook, as though the LEGO Planet itself was on the verge of destruction. There came a sound, a single chime, like a church bell tolling. Rex's heart raced, and it wasn't the rain which chilled him to the bone.

Dawn of

The Final Day

-24 Hours Remain-

Greybeard sat outside his Fire Hammer, as did many of the other Dino Attack agents on the front line. They were waiting for their doom, and Greybeard had taken advantage of the moment to share one last Cup of Yo Ho Ho with his old friend King Joseph Race and his son Sam Race. As a pirate, his senses were finely tuned to the weather, and he could tell from a single breeze when a storm was about to hit.And as the thunder shook the earth, Greybeard inhaled a fresh breath of air and immediately knew that the calm had ended. Climbing atop his Fire Hammer, he grabbed a spyglass and pressed it against his good eye. Several other agents mimicked his motions, but with standard issue Dino Attack binoculars."What do you see, Greybeard?" inquired Sam Race.As Greybeard lowered the spyglass, his look of undisguised horror spoke louder than words. King Race and Sam Race traded glances in disbelief. The other Dino Attack agents were already shouting:"I've never seen so many Mutant Dinos before!"There must be hundreds - maybe even thousands of them!""How could there be so many Mutant T-Rexes?""One of them - the one in the lead - was wearing silver armor!""I think I saw some Hybrids and Space Marauders in the front lines!"Very quickly, Greybeard watched as the reports gave way to hysterical cries of panic:"We are going to die!""I'm never going to see my wife and kids again!""I'm never going to see my husband and kids again!""Game over, man! Game over!""We are doomed!""What the MegaBloking Znap, how are we supposed to defeat those sons of 4+ Figures?""Well... that's it.""It's no use! We're never going to win! It's over! We've lost!"Greybeard glanced around at his fellow teammates. While some of them, most likely elite agents, were trying to maintain order, most of them had not realized the gravity of the situation until now. They had been confident in a Dino Attack victory, but how their morale was so quickly shaken! And, peering into his spyglass once more, he could see the army of Mutant Dinos drawing closer and closer to the river which served as their side of the perimeter. With the front lines in such utter disarray, how could they hope to defeat the Mutant Dinos when they arrived?Greybeard had a brief flashback to a time near the end of the Skeleton Pirate War. He had been made captain of the Black Seas Barracuda... before the mighty ship had been pulled to Davy Jones's locker by the Kraken and the Sea Serpent, killing most of his crew... including Blackjack Turner, a young lad that Greybeard had grown fond of.An' I be determined not t' let that happen again! thought Greybeard as he gritted his few remaining teeth. Raising his cutlass to the sky, Greybeard called upon the years he spent on the deck of a pirate ship, shouting orders over hurricane winds and the crashes of waves against the hull, and spoke as loudly and clearly as he could muster."Belay that!" announced Greybeard. "Here we be, wi' th' Mutant Dinos nearly upon us, and ye cowardly bilge rats be panickin' an' screamin'! What? Do ye fear death? Do ye fear that dark abyss?""Greybeard," murmured King Race, "I don't think that's the best-"He was interrupted by the voice of a Dino Attack agent who shouted: "Well, excuse me for not wanting to die, pirate!" A couple of other Dino Attack agents shouted in agreement.A young red-haired Dino Attack agent stood atop his Fire Hammer. "Enough!" he ordered. "As an elite agent, I order you to listen to Greybeard! Greybeard, please continue.""Not wantin' t' die?" repeated Greybeard. "Aye, I can understand. But remember somethin'... we be members o' th' Dino Attack Team. We signed up fer this! Ye all should 'ave known that, by joinin' this team, ye be goin' t' die. But what be we goin' to die fer? After all, we didn't join this team t' be snivelin' cowards, but neither did we sign up t' die in vain. And tharfore... let us not die in vain. Ye shall listen t' me!"Greybeard pointed his cutlass in the direction of the Mutant Dino army, which was drawing nearer with every second. "Right now, our doom be on our doorstep. But th' rest o' th' Dino Attack Team... nay, not just th' rest o' th' team... th' entire population down in Antarctica! They be lookin' t' us t' ensure that we stop doom in its tracks! They be lookin' t' us t' lead the Dino Attack Team in battle t' victory! They be lookin' t' us t' ensure that we look Death right in th' eyes... an' we tell him... 'Ye shall not pass!'"Now pointing his cutlass towards Dino Attack Headquarters, Greybeard continued: "An' what shall they see? Frightened bilge rats? Nay! They shall see that even in th' face o' total annihilation, we remain resolute... brave... free! An' th' enemy," he pointed his cutlass back at the advancing Mutant Dinos, "shall only see th' firin' o' th' Xenon Launchers an' th' Cosmotronic Rays... they shall hear our battle cries as we fight fer freedom... and they shall know that we will never fall! Fer as long as our Creative Sparks remain strong, never shall we die! An' if our lives must be sacrificed... then we sacrifice 'em proudly, wi' th' knowledge that we stand here, today, on th' brink o' destruction... an' we die fer th' freedom o' th' entire planet! That be what we shall die fer!"Greybeard's last words echoed through the night, but he saw the other Dino Attack agents staring at him, motionlessly. As Greybeard's motivational speech was met with silence, the old pirate faltered. Perhaps he couldn't motivate the Dino Attack agents... not now, not like this. Sighing in defeat, Greybeard sat down, resigning to his fate.And so, he did the one thing he could still do. "Yo... ho..." he sang softly. "Haul... together... Hoist... th' colors high!"King Joseph Race stepped up onto the Fire Hammer and looked down upon his old friend. "Heave... ho..." he continued. "Thieves... and beggars... Never shall... we die!"Greybeard looked up at King Race, who smiled in return. Together, they repeated the verse. "Yo... ho... Haul... together..." It was an old pirates song sang by Captain Roger Redbeard to rally up his men before a big raid. Since Greybeard was the only pirate present, he was the only one who knew the lyrics by heart.But whether it was that the lyrics were easy to learn or it was that the song might have possibly been played on L.E.G.O. Radio once or twice, the other Dino Attack agents began to pick it up. Starting with the elite agents, including that red-haired individual: "Hoist... the colors high!" Then picked up by the standard agents: "Heave... ho... Thieves and beggars..." And finally, everyone was joined in: "Never shall... we die!"The Dino Attack agents repeated the verse over and over, growing stronger and louder every time. As the lyrics grew in power, so did the confidence of the Dino Attack agents. Greybeard couldn't believe his one good eye, and he grinned as he stood during the third refrain.By now, the Mutant Dino army was nearly upon the river. Laughing, Greybeard pointed his cutlass at the lead T-Rex, who was indeed wearing silver armor, and bellowed: "Me friends, me mateys, me hearties! Raise th' colors high!"Already, Dino Attack agents were climbing back into their Fire Hammers and manning their Xenon Multi-Mode Launchers. They sped towards the river, giving the Mutant Dino army a proper welcome.And so, the end has begun.OOC: Greybeard's speech is particularly effective if you read it while listening to "What Shall We Die For" by Hans Zimmer.

Edited by PeabodySam

IC:The battle was joined.One T-1 Typhoon attack wing began to take off from the hangar. It appeared that the rest were being held in reserve by their commanders, or those commanders were trying to figure out where the choppers could be best used.Coral's console lit up with attack plans. He glanced at them and grimaced- it looked like the Strategy Planning department was frantically coming up with increasingly half-baked stratagems for the battle that would probably get quite a lot of them killed.However, one useful thing was contained within the data dump."Reptile?" he said over the comm system. "I hope you have a better plan than some of these fools do- because you're in command of a T-1 attack wing."Reptile sighed audibly. "With luck, someone has realized we must clear the skies of Pterosaurs before we can go on crazy bombing raids on the other side of the river. Otherwise those swarms will rip us apart like they did on Adventure Island.""So, orders? We're getting increasingly frantic requests for orders..." Coral said, a bit irritated."Right. I've got an idea about these Pterosaurs. For the mean time, we'll provide air support for the front." Reptile tapped a few keys, and Coral surmised he was now addressing all the pilots under his command."This is Reptile. We're going to provide cover for the Fire Hammers out front. I want every pilot to hold formation just behind the Fire Hammers, and fire on anything that crosses the river. Focus on Pterosaurs and T-Rexes."Look... I won't pretend this will be easy. If you've seen the reports you know this is going to be a lot more difficult, a lot more dangerous, than I know a lot of you were hoping." That was an understatement- the panic at the front lines that Coral's old friend Greybeard had barely been able to quell had spread, in a slightly more subdued form, to the rear guard."But we can win this. If everyone does their part, stays calm, and follows orders- we can triumph. Reptile out."Coral frowned. "Not the greatest of motivational speeches, was that?" he asked.Reptile replied, evenly, "I've broadcast Greybeard's speech and song to everyone."Coral would have laughed if not for the circumstances. Instead, he focused on leading them into battle.The T-1s rose and flew forward to the Fire Hammer lines. There, things were quickly turning into chaos. Coral saw a grouping of Fire Hammers engaging two Mutant T-Rexes near the center of the fray- they were rather outmatched.Tail and Reptile seemed to see the same thing. The craft shuddered as both the mounted Goo Spheres and the more conventional sonic weaponry opened fire. Seconds later, the two T-Rexes toppled beneath the combined onslaught of the T-1 and the Fire Hammers down below.While taking down two T-Rexes would have ordinarily been something they could celebrate, it was a drop in the ocean today. Coral hadn't seen anything like it since that day in the Goo Caverns, and even that had been tame compared to this.Coral wasn't sure how long they would last, unless someone came up with something very clever.He was a survivor. He had survived betraying Alpha Team so long ago by joining the pirates. He had taken on a new identity, and lost all his memories for a time during the war with the Skeleton Pirates, but he had survived even that. He had survived the beginning of the Dino Attack, and had joined up with Reptile, where he had managed to survive quite ably thus far.But as he flew the T-1 to where they were needed, and Tail cut down Dino after Dino on the ground below... he vowed that if he had to die today to stop these monsters, so be it.But he'd take as many of them down as he could before he allowed that to happen.

IC: With some assistance from Crusher, Cabin quickly hastened to get her jumpsuit back on. Rotor was waiting by the door to the infirmary. As soon as Cabin's boots were on she ran up to him.The two pilots quickly rand as fast as they could toward the garage. Cabin climbed into the first T-1 Typhoon she could find, as did Rotor."You ready for this?" Cabin asked."As ready as I'll ever be," replied Rotor. "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"And within moments, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries choed throughout the hanger as Rotor's Typhoon reached into the air. Cabin couldn't help but smile.

iC:Flying a helicopter in a tempest as powerful as this was something that was generally avoided whenever possible. To spite the power of a T-1 Typhoon it was not impossible to feel the craft shake with every gust of wind.Pharisee held tight to the handholds as the Tyhoon swayed back and forth. Water and ice rushed threw the compartment and knocked several passengers off there feet. The darkness outside seemed to pull them away from their small sanctuary, threatening them with the angry blackness that loomed just beyond the doors.The commander of Internal Affairs was receiving minute-by-minute updates of the situation back at the headquarters. Hertz and the communications crew informed him that Dr. Rex’s army had arrived at the gates. It was difficult to leave them at a time so dire but he had his own sacred mission to address. This was his calling and he could not betray his vows.He shot a dark look at Montgonal. The agent held his ground firmly in the sleet as he shot his commander a glare of equal measure. Pharisee’s first impression of the man was that he would be incapable of making the tough call. If he could not depend on his men to take the shot when it truly counted he mine as well be doing this alone.“Don’t assume that Montoya is innocent because he is a family man Montgonal!” yelled the commander. Sleet nearly knocked him off his feet as he called to his college and he squinted his eyes to protect them from the windstorm.“It is not unheard of for violent man to have family on the side.” Continued Pharisee. “Regardless his past life means nothing to me! It is what he did here that matters. He tried to kill Amanda Claw! Does that have no consequence for you!”“The man was confused!” retorted Montgonal. “He is changed!”“I will be the judge of that!” yelled Pharisee. “Besides, what about the other men in that truck! Trigger and Snake are vile, do you believe we should not attempt to apprehend it because one descent man may be on board!”Montgonal took a look down at the fleeing vehicle. With the sound of the weather the driver may not know he was being pursued. He admitted they may have the element of surprise but he had scruples about arresting a good man.“What if he’s a decoy?” asked Montgonal. “He may be leading us away from the others.”“We will apprehend him nonetheless.” Replied Pharisee as he reviewed the city below him. “He will tell us what we need to know.”Montgonal gulped. From in the look in the commander’s eyes he could only imagine what he had I mind.“Unless you can convince me otherwise, I am folly prepared to forcefully stop that truck!” said the commander. He motioned to the gunner positioned on the side. “Prepare to fire a warning shot.”* * *The shelling began. Nicholas Saran could hear the distant thunder of artillery as it opened fire on the approaching hoard. The headquarters was not designed as a fortress, more along the lines of an office building, but it still had a small array of cannons located atop the parapets.He did not expect it to last long. Soon the mutant Pterosaurs would swoop in and decimate any heavy weapons that the headquarters had. To spite what some agents would say, this was to be an up closes and personal battle. He shivered at the thought of blood turning the wet cement outside red.The psychologist entered the lockers of the headquarters and removed his warm red sweater. Men would need a doctor, but more would need an abele-bodied comrade to watch their back.By no means was the eighty-year-old man able bodied. He had a hard time running with his peg leg and he had not used a gun in years. However he had been a police officer in another life. He knew what it meant to be a fighter and he was prepared to do his part for the teamHe observed himself in the merrier. The appearance of a middle aged one-legged man in full Dino attack gear was almost comical. Nicholas smiled; it was good to back in uniform. He had been forced to resign the force after his accident but now no one could tell him to leave.He shouldered his gun and marched with gusto down the halls. Nothing would keep him from this night.

The pool table made a descent improvised desk to coordinate the attacks. With the help of some of his old business partners Hertz was able move some satellites and provided him with live transitions of the battle outside.Footage from outside the base was projected onto the television and Hertz astutely watched the movements of the opposing force. His ears buzzed with the signals of hundreds of agents outside and he struggled to comprehend the wave of information being broadcast to him.Also on a monitor was the jumbled gibberish of XERRD’s codes. A fuzzy line marked the frequencies of the scientist’s voice patterns as his decoder struggled to comprehend the meanings of the words.“Watch those Raptors!” yelled Kate as her eyes caught movement on the screen. The yellow icons indicated mutant Raptor movement suddenly surge forward out of the hoard and begin to make a run for the river.The Raptor’s long legs easily cleared the water as they charged with incredible speed at the D.A’s fire hammers. The force fields protected the beasts as they collided with the team’s munitions and cut into any agents unfortunate to be outside of their vehicles.With his birds eye view Hertz had an advantage other agents did not. “Position the Fire Hammers and Iron Predators in an inverse V formation!” He ordered. “Attack the mutants on the flanks as they charge.”His ear set rung with the affirmatives of hundreds of agents as they moved into positrons. To those on the ground the situation seemed chaotic but Hertz was able to glimpse the movements in their entirety. Unhindered by wind and rain nothing could escape his sight.Shannon called him over to her station on the air hockey table. In her hands was a complicated mess of wires the led to an antenna outside the window.“We’re ready to activate the liner jamming matrix.” She said. “It should give XERRD something to worry about.”“Well let’s initiate some chaos.” Smiled Hertz. “Triangulate the signal to cover as much of the army as you can. If we can sustain it should keep them deft and dumb.”Shannon hesitated before pulling the switch. “If we give them time they’re be able to track the source to this room. It will knock out they’re communications but they may be able to recover soon. Once they do they’ll send a force to take us out.”The elite agent nodded. Jamming their transitions would strike a powerful blow but it would do little to hinder the mutants. If they directly attacked the communications room it would black out all coordination the D.A. had.“Put it on reserve.” Said Hertz finally. “We’re activate it on my order.”

Solomon Koploeitz’s eyes flashed open. He slowly placed his helmet on his wet white hair and took a defensive stance with Fullmetal’s sword. Before him lay the vast legions of Dr. Rex.He smiled. It would be good for that monster to see that one of his once trusted scientists now stood at the head of the Dino team. For too long Solomon had watched evil and done nothing to quench it. Now was the time to strike down wickedness. He was born a pacifist but he knew that sometimes some had to be struck down for the greater good. A Raptor cleared the river and charged. On ether side of Solomon artillery opened fire but the force fields kept the creature safe. It’ fiery red eyes flashed in vivid contrast to the cold icy rain. Silvia sloshed from its maw as it descended on the philosopher with it’s gaping jaws.It leaped and Solomon took a defensive crouch. With two swift swings of his sword he severed the Achilles tendons and the monster fell into a puddle with a crash of spray.Solomon walked over slowly and shoved the katana into the raptor’s scull. It gave a squeal of anguish and it’s tail thrashed before it lay forever still. He whipped his sword clean, drew his gun, and waited for the next mutant.OoC:In case no one noticed I have some new images in my last post. I created figures of Naomi, Pharisee, and Solomon and updated Saran, Hertz, and Dust. Saran is in Dino Attack gear, Hertz is in his elite agent gear, and Dust is showing of his perfect physical shape. I hope you check them out!

That is all

OOC:PeaSam, you are referring to Majora's Mask, and TakanuvaC01 represents the Four Giants. Also, nice twisting of the At World's End speech.IC:Before dawn on the final day:Catless went into the hanger, searching for someone. She spotted them, and hurried over."Kara, have you seen Dr. Cyborg anywhere?" she asked. Kara hopped out of the Reclaimer's cockpit before replying."No, I have not. Why do you ask?" Before Catless could answer, Kara continued. "No, don't tell me. Let me guess. You want to tell him, 'In case we die tomorrow, I want you to know I have loved you since college,' hope he replies, 'I love you, too,' and possibly give him a kiss on the lips/vocoder." Catless stared, mouth open in shock."How did you know?" Catless asked incredulously."When I am bored, I have a tendency to read Legend of Zelda romance fanfics for the humor. You'd be amazed how often that kind of thing happens. Let me tell you, forget about it. Dr. Cyborg does not have someone he likes in that way, or at least he hasn't told me. He and I have been accused of dating before, however. If I had a dollar for every time we've been called a couple..." she trailed off, shaking her head amusedly. "I would loudly yell no, he would quietly deny it whenever that happened. Anyways, forget about telling him you love him. That's my advice. Any questions?" Kara asked."Yes," Catless replied, "What is Legend of Zelda?" "It involves princesses named Zelda, heroes named Brink, and a bad guy named Ganonblok. Tell ya what - we survive today, I'll tell you all about it," Kara finished."Deal," Catless replied, shaking Kara's hand."Kara, Cortana, come in," came Dr. Cyborg's voice over the radio. "I have special orders for you.""We're here, Chief, go ahead," Cortana replied."Kara, I want you to mainly assist the T-1s. You know the Reclaimer's limits best, however. If there is something you can easily do besides the T-1s, do it. Cortana, I want you to copy yourself into me. You and your copy will know what each other knows, so we will be in contact.""Yes sir, copying now," Cortana said."Oh, and one other thing: I expect to see you both tomorrow. No Heroic Sacrifices, understand?" Dr. Cyborg added."Yes, sir," Kara and Cortana replied."Well Catless, are you coming?" Kara asked."No thanks, I'm on a Fire Hammer," Catless answered."I'll be watching your back," Kara said and gave a two-fingered salute.----------Earlier that morning:Dr. Cyborg was in the labs. His first act as an Elite Agent was to requisition a broken Iron Predator. He looked it over sadly, lamenting the fact UlTech was not chosen to make the Dino Attack fleet, although, they were XERRD-aligned then, so it was understandable. He had also taken parts from an UlTech warehouse in the city. He began to moderator the IP. By the time it was done, it was much better. He had changed out the engine with a plasma reactor like the one in the Reclaimer. He had improved the cooling system of the Z-1. He had added a computer, redesigned the wiring, changed the treads for variable repulsor plates, allowing it to hover up to 100 feet above the ground, and most importantly of all, gotten it to work!He then contacted the Reclaimer.After he signed off, he had Cortana(2) copy herself into the Titanium Hammer, as he had named it. He called X1."X1, I want you to take a Steel Sprinter and go melee. I also expect to see you and X2 alive tomorrow. Cyborg out."He and his team were ready.Now he had to do was wait.OOC:The "accused of being a couple" part of Kara's speech is real, as are our reactions. The constant "Are you two dating?" questions and their variants get annoying easily, but if you vehemently deny it, it just convinces them they're right.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Montoya slowly struggled to steer as fast as he could without being able to see much. He was far from a bad driver in any sense, having worked various jobs as a getaway driver before he'd worked in worse conditions. The windshield wipers were working harder than ever to clear the rain from the windshield. All he could think about was home, that little cabin by the sea. He'd get there and Debbie would have some nice delicious meal waiting for him. That was the only thing that kept him going, what made him leave Trigger and Snake in the first place. He was suddenly snapped back into reality by a loud noise, it sounded like gunshots.Suddenly a stray bullet smashed through the back windshield. "You gotta be kidding," he said. "Why did I agree to this?"He ran through his head everything that had happened. He went there to bring Silencia to justice, something she seemed to deserve for all the people she killed. He remembered hearing the news of Sindstorme's death, and shortly thereafter the infamous death of Edward Korrupte. He remembered his five comrades, who while not the best of friends, were still his partners and were brutally murdered at her hand; the fact that he himself just narrowly survived an attack by Silencia. Yet it happened. Silencia came to him, totally reformed. Montoya was never sure, but something about him knew that she was genuine, perhaps his own reformation gave him some idea. She told him to tell Trigger, but he wouldn't listen. For him it was business. He didn't care about the five men that died that night, or any of the others who died by Silencia's hand. He had a score with her and would do whatever was necessary to settle it. There was a part of Montoya that felt sorry for Trigger, who had optimistically hoped he'd changed, but then he thought of Venemosa, who had gone from that silent, cold-blooded killer to a gentle talkative young woman. "Maybe someday," he thought to himself, somewhat optimistically, thinking that maybe one day Trigger would reform, but for now he was just a cold-blooded killer, and if he hadn't let Montoya know Venemosa had been found he wouldn't have been drawn back into this life. Now when he was just trying to get home, there were men trying to kill him for reasons he did not understand.Another bullet ran through his back windshield as he ducked under the seat. Hastily, he pulled the truck to a halt and nervously laid down. "Calm down," he said to himself, attempting to reassure himself he was going to be fine. "They're probably looking for the others. As soon as they come here and see me, they'll just let me go."Still, Montoya reached into the glove compartment. It took a moment for his hand to get a firm grasp before he reached for his cell phone inside, and with a quick push of a button, he soon heard a dial tone, followed by that soft, comforting voice."Hello,""Hey baby," replied Montoya, clearly panicked. "Where are you?" Debbie asked. "I'm coming home right now," he said. "You just tell the kids daddy will be home soon. I just need to clear up something quickly.""Is something wrong?" Debbie asked."No," replied Montoya. "Everything's fine, Debbie. I love you."Still, it was hard for him not to cry.

OOC: Yes, of course. I did look up Majora's Mask ocarina songs on the interwebs (as I haven't played that game yet) and somehow, I missed the Oath to Order. I did listen to once ago, which made playing it in Ocarina of Time ​sound familiar.Even not yet playing Majora's Mask, I was still wanting to pull a "Dawn of the Final Day" at some point. At last, it finally came.

You may ask why Dust is not waring a shirt. The answer is that he does not need a shirt.
I don't know about anybody else, but I suddenly felt like Dust deserves a ton of facts akin to Chuck Norris facts. I laughed quite a bit at this.IC:It was chaos in every since of the word. With Minerva at the wheel, Zach's Fire Hammer barreled toward the river with their fellow Fire Hammers. The army was massive with every Mutant Dino breed working together to destroy the team once and for all. He had little doubt that the imposing Mutant T-Rex in silver armor was Dr. Rex himself, seeing to it that the Dino Attack Headquarters was laid to waste and every agent was dead.As they reached the river, several Mutant Dinos had already jumped or walked through it and was now on Dino Attack turf. "Hit them with everything," he said into a radio, talking to the Fire Hammers around him and their gunner, a dark-haired, older man named Reggie. Reggie responded with a low grunt while he peppered oncoming dinos with Xenon fire.Zach opened the passenger door a crack and examined the Mutant Dinos heading the pack. While the T-Rex he assumed was Dr. Rex was in the lead, there was also an annoying large amount of Mutant Raptors leading the charge. He swore and pulled back into the vehicle and began to search the back for a Cosmotronic Ray. Once finding it, he leaned out of the slightly ajar door and began firing at the raptors, aiming to take out their force fields.Minerva turned to the radio as Zach fired. "There are a lot of Mutant Raptors here. Get rid of those force fields!" Almost immediately after saying that, several Steel Sprinters pulled up started firing their Cosmotronic Rays. She turned to Zach. "I'll admit, having a little authority is nice.""Less talk, more drive and shoot!" Zach grunted as he shot a stray Mutant Lizard that was running for his door. Another Mutant Lizard managed to slip past his radar and attempted to get into the Fire Hammer. "Oh, no you don't!" Zach roared. He kicked lizard once and slammed the door into its face multiple times before it finally collapsed.They're everywhere, Zach mused. Opening his door again, he shot a Mutant Raptor twice, disabling its force field. It was then struck repeatedly by Xenon blasts by Reggie, knocking it down."Keep it up!" Zach yelled, remembering Semick's advice of encouragement. "We're holding them so far, but there is still a long way to go!"*******************************Nazareno heard the first shots go off, followed by massive roars of anger. It was soon followed by an ominous boom of thunder and a terrifying crack of lightning. It has begun. The final storm. he thought grimmly. He looked at Zelda, who watched intently as the Dino Attack Team's forces collided with XERRD's legion of Mutant Dinos at the river."It's time," he remarked with little emotion. Zelda nodded wordlessly to him. She made sure her ponytail was secure and slid a black bandanna over her mouth. "And you are positive you can handle this?"Zelda rolled her eyes at him. "I'm positive. I do have some skill beyond what you taught me.""It is more than apparent that you are highly skilled, Zelda," Nazareno said sternly. He saw her cheeks become bright red at his compliment, but he ignored it. "What we are about to do is exceptional dangerous and would be suicidal to any other man. By my reckoning, it still is suicidal, but we have a much better chance at beating those odds and I do not want you to suddenly panic if things go wrong.""I don't plan on it," Zelda said, a hint of annoyance in her voice. "I am aware of what we are about to do, and I'm willing to take the risk."Nazareno sighed. Zelda showed exceptionally promise. She could take care of herself, so why was he worried? "Well then, I suggest we join our comrades." He gestured out to battlefield, where Urban Avengers and Steel Sprinters were moving in to provide back-up in case a dino managed to slip through. "However, we will be taking it a bit farther than they are."He revved his Steel Sprinter's engine. Even if its outwardly appearance was wrecked and ruined, Nazareno had made sure it had a decent engine so he could pull off their maneuver. With a single nod to Zelda, the two of them took of toward the front lines at full speed.

OOC: Just a quick question; where exactly is this river? I got nothing against it I'm just having a bit of difficulty imagining it running through LEGO City for some weird reason.IC: As the music of Wagner echoed through the streets, Lance Williams had taken his place in the gunner's seat of Rotor's T-1 Typhoon. Carefully he scanned the horizon in search of mutant dinos.OOC: Sorry about these short posts. For some reason I'm getting a lot of writer's block.

OOC: Just a quick question; where exactly is this river? I got nothing against it I'm just having a bit of difficulty imagining it running through LEGO City for some weird reason.
OOC: I imagined it to be right behind Dino Attack HQ, alongside the edge of the city. Others might have differnet perspective, though.IC: The fight had begun. Everyone knew that now, but still, that had to be acknowledged. Only a full day after the Adventurers Island mission had ended, the team now found themselves in the final, most important mission of all.Semick felt a little better with the first sight of the enemy forces. Sure, his heart had skipped a beat for actually seeing that large a number at once, but at least this would be a bit easy to get into, seeing as how everyone knew the strengths and weaknesses of these things by now. Any surprises in the works would be coming later.Of course, the rest of team hadn't quite reacted so well. Perhaps the gravity of the situation should've been made more clear alongside the encouragement. At least Greybeard managed to get everyone back into it excellently. Semick told himself to try the song method at another point, if he got a chance.The Mutant Dinos were coming from the other side of the river. If XERRD had any projectile-based methods to take on HQ itself, it would undoubtedly be focused on the building with little resistance. It had guns, but they weren't long range, and the Pterosaurs would be making it hard on them. Dino Attack would simply have to focus on knocking out the ranks.Other agents were already taking action. Rotor was leading the aerial charge with Ride of the Valkyries once again blaring from his sound system. Zachary and Fabello were holding up the lines with Andrew near the river with a good deal of other agents.Most fortunately, Reptile had also shown up again. Semick was overjoyed, though he didn't bother asking questions, only filled him in briefly on the situation and his plans. Now the senior Elite Agent was directing T-1s into air-support position, and he was saying that he had plans for the Mutant Pterosaurs. All the better for him.Though in the meantime, Semick was getting several T-1s to join him in providing defense for the HQ from the specific attacks the flyers were making on HQ. Everyone's PLARXX Radar Rays were at full power, a practical death sentence to any Mutant Pterosaur that got in their range, and the ships were continuously moving to avoid getting hit by T-Rex eye beams or other projectiles. It was now a simple matter of firing at the Pterosaurs when they got close.All was looking to starting well, but Semick didn't dare to let himself believe that. Unexpected turns were bound to come, and he clenched his hands on the controls of his T-1 as he felt prepared to change his maneuver at a moment's notice. From his cockpit, he could see the form of the armored T-Rex that was their greatest enemy alongside the river.What are you planning, you son of a 4+ figure? he wondered.------------With Semick in his T-1 were Bluetooth, still manning the TALON-9 system as vigilantly as ever, as well as two new gunners by the codenames of Attack and Defend. Neither of the former two knew them very well, but they looked to be good marksmen, and Semick had felt them good enough to take up the roles only Raider, Zach, and few other agents had played before.Bluetooth was forcing himself to be calm as chaos sounded around him. On his screen, he could see the big red mass the Mutant Dino army consisded of, as well as the cloud of Pterosaurs that kept coming at them. PLARXX was doing a good job at stopping those the T-1s couldn't shoot, but the range was still limited enough so that some of them could slip through and hit the building. The technician did what he could to expand its range, but it was a tough process.He kept thinking, during that time, of all the people he knew well that might die today. Stranger was still somewhere in the tower area of the headquarters, helping the other snipers defend. Andrew was out there on the front lines, doing what he could with Laxus and Pterisa. Titan was still at LEGO Island, as far as he knew, but he had heard rumors of agents dropping by from there to lend a hand, so who knew? And somewhere Vinyaya was out there, using her experience as a commando-rank Space Police officer to hit the Mutant Dinos with the long arm of the law.He thought briefly of how he stacked his connection with her. They hadn't talked much since that time in the Adventurers Island camp when he wanted to discuss that possible alien threat (whiched seemed so far away and harmless right now), and the last time he had "interacted" with her was when he tried to help come to her aid during the ensuring battle there. He seemed to have a feeling of respect for her that went beyond respecting the officers of the law. Was it anything signifigant?It was hard to say. They hadn't met since then, and he doubted she thought much of him either. She had too many things to concern herself with.Shaking his head, Bluetooth concentrated back on the situation at hand. The PLARXX signal was finally getting a bit bigger, and the Futuron machine expert needed to get it focused to work right without breaking.----------There was an old saying among Minifigs that always proclaimed "War is Megablokland." Unsurprising, considering most Minifigs Andrew had met in his time were against the concept of war in the first place. Perhaps it was because of the worst of the struggles that happened during the 20th Century, but it seemed that nobody wanted to have anything to do with battle bloodshed unless it had to do with any sense of tradition (Priates and Knights didn't want to seem to live without their traditional enemies trying to break down their door every once in a while). Even the battles that happened from time to time in space seemed preferable, since up there, prisoner-taking still seemed to be much-preferred over anything else, even with non-Minifig species.From his time in Dino Attack, Andrew could understand easily why people thought this way. With rain pouring hard on his Fire Hammer's windshield, thunder clapping loudly every minute, and the black blurs of Mutant Dinos charging all around, he could see exactly why recent centuries had seen relative peace among the people of Earth.Andrew was driving his Fire Hammer with every amount of skill racing and patrols had taught him. Laxus was switching between monitoring the radio and the Xennon launcher's condition to firing out at the Mutant Raptors with the Cosmotronic Ray he had gotten from HQ. Pterisa was manually running the launcher, firing at whatever dinos she could aim at with both the cannon and her lightning powers."You doing okay out there, Pterisa?" Andrew asked into the radio link between him and the cannon."I am hitting a target with every shot," she said. "At least that's one comfort from this horde. No ammo's going to waste."Andrew couldn't contain a smirk. "Just watch your back out there. Why nobody gave the gunner's seat a roof over their head is beyond me.""Will do."Laxus fired another two shots from the Cosmotronic Ray. "What is this, every last Mutant Dino they have left?" he said as he ducked back inside. "They must've had to pull out from every other land mass they overwhelmed!""I heard rumors about other places being emptied, so... you know." Andrew said. "Get us back to the local frequency. I want to check up with the agents around."Laxus turned on the radio speaker and mic for the current area of Dino Attack vehicles. He was greated by a loud amount of cries and broadcasts from across the team."This is Elite Agent Andrew," he said into it. "Are we holding up well?"Among his replies were:"Andrew? Oh, the young guy!""How do you think?!""I've lost a tire, but I ain't givin' up yet!""Anyone know when that Dadleus is comin'?!""It's like a mass of tar out here!""They haven't got me yet!""I'm okay... relatively.""Alright, good." Andrew said. "Keep it up, and remember their weaknesses: Lizards trip up when you vary your attack methods, Raptors jsut need a Cosmotronic ray to stop, Pterosaurs can be soniced to knock them out, and T-Rexes can be tripped or simply shot in the head hard enough!""Except for the big guy, you-know-who.""Wait, that's what this big old thing can do?!""A sonic what? Screwdriver?""Ah, like the old saying! The bigger they are...""Funny, these Lizards have been going down like flies for me...""Just use a little more gun, and these things trip easily.""Got it, spreading the word.""That's the spirit! Keep it up guys, and these beasts will learn the hard way not to mistake us for easy pickings!"----------This attack was like a drewm come true to Stranger. Every shot he shot at the oncoming mass at the backside of HQ was guarnteed to hit something. Dino, Hybrid, scientist, it didn't matter.It helped that he was using a fancy new sniper rifle the lab boys had just come up with for the job. With fancy new electronics to making using the scope produce highly accurate shots at an impressive range, not only could it shoot a laser right through the body of a Mutant Dino, it could also still hit creatures on the other side with as much effectiveness as before. Sadly, the thing could only fire when in scope mode, and it went through ammo like an AK-47, but it was effective enough for him to come up with a bag of ammo to utilize it as much as he could.After several successful bodyshots, he managed line up a headshot with a Mutant Raptor that had just taken a Cosmotronic ray to the face, and not only struck it dead center, but managed to take out a Mutant Lizard passing by, also in the head."DAAAARRRRRRNNN, that's a good shot!" said somebody alongside him. Stranger turned to see one of his fellow snipers staring at him with admiration, his hands holding out both a standard sniper rifle and a bottle of rum."Are you drunk?" Stranger asked him, unhumorously."Swiped it from Greybeard when he wasn't a lookin'," the agent slurred. "Wanna have a slip? It makes this all the more easier to take-"Stranger lunged for and grabbed the bottle and flung it out the agent's sniping window. "Nobody can shoot well when drunk, especially a sniper," he said. "Sober up and get back in the game."

IC: "Here they come," Shotgun said as he stared out one of the the small loopholes in the sniping post. "You ready for this?""I think so," replied Scope as she placed the... er... scope onto her rifle. "That armored one looks particularly nasty," Shotgun said. "He looks like a priority."Slowly Jackson aimed towards the dinosaur, and pulled the trigger...

Lance was already firing on all the mutant lizards in the streets below. "Save your bullets Lance," Rotor said as he charged toward the army, and with a simple click of a button, he launched the first rocket.

OOC: Just saw this.

OOC: Hey, Andrewnuva, I just remembered something. Whatever happened to that XERRD scientist ("Gene Rick", I once jokingly called him) whose mind accidentally got swapped with that of a Hybrid?
In retrospect, I think I wrote myself into a wall with that plotline. I was going to kinda have him serve as a foil to help convince Andrew that ignoring his dreams or whatnot was the better choice, but after the Zach affair, he became rather unnecessary.I imagine he was killed off with Raider in the camp ambush, but I won't confirm it. I may yet have an idea for him, and someone else might too, so feel free to use "Gene Rick" if you ever feel the usefullness.

IC: As a knock was heard on the door, Maria quickly pulled on her bathrobe. Pyro rolled over, pushing aside the covers in the bed."What's going on?" Pyro asked."I'm not sure," replied Maria. "You just stay there."Slowly, Maria walked up to the door and saw standing there Clint Wayne."Can I help you?" Maria asked."Yeah," replied Clint. "I'm not sure if you knew, but everyone's getting ready.""Are they?" Maria asked."Yeah," replied Clint.There was a moment of silence. "Alright," replied Maria. "See if you can find Pyro's gear. I'll just get suited up.""What was that?" Pyro asked."Somethin's happened," Maria explained. "For builder's sake get some clothes on!"Maria walked over to a drawer and pulled out some of the simple clothes she had won in El Paso."Here, put these on,"Pyro nervously took the clothes and walked into the bathroom. It was only a moment later that Clint came back with Pyro's baggy suit and masks. He handed them to her before leaving.Shortly after that, Pyro stepped out of the washroom. "I done got your gear," said Maria."No thanks," replied Pyro."Why not?""I've been wearing that mask so long I think it sometimes make me hallucinate," Pyro started explain with a slight chuckle as she sat down. "Sometimes, when I wore that thing, I swear I thought I saw myself in some weird sugar bowl land.""What?" Asked Maria."It was weird," replied Pyro. "There were giant lollypops everywhere and this song that kept playing, oh how did it go, 'do you believe in magic?"Maria laughed."Next thing I know I'm not sure if I'm burning mutant dinosaurs alive or spreading sunshine and happiness to adorable winged baby dinosaurs," replied Pyro. It is the strangest experience ever. No amount of drugs can get you feeling like that. I can tell you, you know something is weird when you're not sure if your flamethrower is shooting fire or bubbles."

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:One Hour Ago"What's the plan for this battle, B? Go down fighting, or retreat if necessary?""They told me that if we need to retreat then we've already lost," said B."And when have you followed orders when it really came down to life or death?" said Sam."And that's why I have a backup plan: If things go really wrong...""Which they will, knowing our luck," said Rob."If things go really wrong, we head to these coordinates. Lead as many agents there as you can.""Are you sure that's wise? If that spot's supposed to be safe, why would we lead the dinos there," said Kevin."It's easily defensible. At least, it can be more easily defended than the HQ or the city.""So you're saying that if we're about to die, turn tail and run for the hills?""Yes. The object is to survive to fight again.""Sounds stupid to me. We fight to run, to fight again, to run again.""That's why we signed up, Rob.""OK," said Kevin, "We have plan A, go down fighting. We have plan B, retreat to a safer spot to continue fighting. What's plan C, if you have one?""I've never had to make one up yet, and I won't now. Anyway, does everyone have their gear?"The answer was unanimously "yes.""B, where did you find our old gear," asked Kevin."It's not your particular "old gear," but it is exact same type of weapons and armor. Rob helped me with that.""Now," said Ezekiel, who up until this point had been silent, "what do we have as far as vehicles go?""Two Fire Hammers. Modified to my and Rob's specifications.""B, you're driving one, right?""Correct. Sam, you drive the other, Rob and Kev get shotgun in whichever one, and Chris and Uncle Zeke get the turrets. Now, let's roll."***B had never had much use for formations on the battlefield. In his opinion, conformity was a one-way ticket to an early grave. That is why there were two jet black Fire Hammers just out of the line.A marvel of design. Whoever painted it did a great job. "Kabrinsky's Pride" this is."Get back in line, Kabrinsky!"A voice shouted through B's radio. B scowled and made an inappropriate gesture out towards the commander of the ground charge."Look," B yelled into his mic, "The last thing we need to worry about is who's not following the one hundred and one battlefield etiquette rules! Besides, the more disorganized we are, the harder it is for them to figure out what our plan is!"Everyone's probably mad at me for that, B thought to himself, but we need to concentrate on stopping these megabloking mutants from overrunning our position. B pushed his foot to the pedal. He felt detached from the rest of the team. He didn't care what his teammates thought of him. He didn't worry about the horde of dinosaurs they were facing. He didn't think about the fact that it was very possible that he, and everyone else, could die. All he needed to worry about was five other people in fairly close proximity. And he wasn't about to let them die."Sam, put your foot down. It'll take all day, otherwise."And so, the two Fire Hammers that constituted "Kabrinsky's Pride" charged ahead. ready, and yet fearful, of the death that lay before them.OOC:I made some updated figs for my characters for the final battle.Benton "B" Kabrinsky: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot2.pngChris "Crooks" Tzien: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot2_-_copy.pngRobert "Rookie" Kabrinsky: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot2_-_copy1.pngKevin "Knuckles" Kabrinsky:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot2_-_copy_-_copy.pngSamuel "Sucker" Kabrinsky: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot2_-_copy_-_copy_-_copy.pngEzekiel "Zapper" Kabrinsky: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazylegoman96/MyMinifigs/DARPG/lddscreenshot3.png

Edited by crazylegoman

IC:An alarm sounded on the wall-mounted terminal in the body of the T-1 Typhoon. Reptile turned to it, exasperated.A Mutant Pterosaur swarm was rapidly approaching the HQ.Not again...This was, however, what Reptile had prepared countermeasures for. This time, perhaps they wouldn't be caught like sitting ducks in the metaphorical hurricane.Every T-1 Typhoon came equipped with a PLARXX Radar Ray, a nifty piece of technology that had been devised early in the... well, Reptile supposed it was officially a war now... as a Pterosaur countermeasure. The T-1s were much more powerful than the Pterosaurs, but a lot slower and less maneuverable than the airborne reptiles. Which meant that unless T-1s could get Pterosaurs in their sights and disable them quickly, they would be vulnerable.Enter the PLARXX Radar Ray. This was a passive weapon built straight into the radar systems of the T-1. In addition to gathering data on the surroundings, it had a fortunate side effect- it scrambled the senses of Mutant Pterosaurs and knocked them out could.Unfortunately, it wasn't all-powerful, and for maximum effect required them to be in close range. Pterosaurs could still attack from range.. and in sufficient numbers, could simply overload the system. This is what had happened at Adventure Island, resulting in the crash landing of nearly a dozen T-1 Typhoons.Reptile had designed what he hoped would be a countermeasure to such massive Pterosaur swarms. It would only be effective if the Pterosaurs came directly over the base... but now they had.Now was the time to test it.He tapped a few keys, connecting his onboard computer to the servers running in the base's communication center. The powerful transmission system there was not radar-based, but Reptile had studied the PLARXX system. It had taken him the better part of a month to work it out (unfortunately, some of the agents who had helped build it had perished during the Dino Attack), but he had figured out how it could be adapted to other communications systems.It had required installing a prototype power generator in the communications center, and overclocking equipment to run at dangerous levels. But hopefully it would be worth it."Reptile to T-1s! Back off from the Pterosaurs- repeat, back off from the Pterosaurs!" he shouted.There were confused exclamations over the comm line. Back off? But the radar rays were only effective at close range! Had Reptile spent too much time away from the field and lost his senses?Then he tapped a key, and everyone heard a strange pitch come over the radio system. It lasted for three minutes- and when it was done, every Pterosaur that had been too close to the base suddenly fell straight out of the sky.

IC:Dawn of the Final Day:The Titanium Predator was ready. Dr. Cyborg had made some last-minute tweaks, Cortana(3) had adjusted to it, he had started the reactor, and the sequence to start the entire vehicle was almost done. When it was finished, he jumped in. He split his hands into wires, and inserted the ends of his arms into sockets built for that very purpose. He started syncing Cortana(3) to himself and Cortana(2). He connected his personal generator and the vehicle generator. His robotic eye turned golden. He smiled, and piloted it out of the ground hanger.He arrived at the front lines just in time to hear the end of Greybeard's speech. He started singing the song with everyone else while he searched the Predator's systems for any bugs. He finished just as the first shots were fired. He lifted the altitude above ground level to 25 feet, and started firing at a Mutant T-Rex.---------------------------------Kara took off out of the air hanger roof, and joined the pack of T-1 Typhoons. She saw a swarm of Pterosaurs approach, and heard someone named Reptile order everyone away from the Pterosaurs. She complied, and saw them drop all at once. She smiled a devious smile, and began warming up the weapons.---------------------------------The Fire Hammer Catless was in crashed and burned, hit by T-Rex vision. She saw another Fire Hammer through the rain, with someone with a cape manning the gun, and some blue and red guy copiloting. She flagged them down quickly, and hitched a ride."I'm Catless," she said from the back as the Xenon kept being fired."I'm Andrew," the driver said, "and this is Pterisa," he indicated the gunner, "and Laxus." He indicated the copilot, who she now saw was a alien."You're Pterisa, the Hybrid?" Catless asked. Pterisa nodded in the affirmative. "You have lightning powers, so why don't you use them while I fire the Xenon? I'm just a regular old minifig, unlike you." Pterisa nodded again, confidence boosted slightly by the small compliment.OOC:And I'm back in normal time. All characters accounted for.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Dang it! Why is it always during the tense action scenes I get my worst cases of writer's block?IC: Scope's rifle was ready to go. The ex-military young woman held her rifle in the tiny loophole, aiming toward the mutant Pterosaurs that were approaching. She pulled her trigger just as they started to fall.OOC: I'm sorry, at this point I'm really not sure what else to say.

IC:"Zachary!" Minerva shouted, turning the wheel sharply. "Hurry up!""I'm trying," he grumbled. He was shuffling through the pile of equipment in the back seat of the Fire Hammer, searching for more Cosmotronic Ray ammunition. "Ah. Here it is." He loaded his Cosmotronic Ray, stuck it out the window, and fired on to a Mutant Raptor charging at the Fire Hammer. It stumbled back in surprise, allowing Reggie to quickly taking down with the Xenon Launcher."Just keep the ammo in between us," Minerva said, trying to see through the large splotches of rain slamming against the windshield. The windshield wiper could only help so much. He nodded, fired at one more Mutant Raptor, then heaved the box of ammo out from the back to the middle of the front seats."Good," Minerva muttered. She suddenly reached her uniform's pocket and pulled out a grenade. Taking both hands off the wheel for a brief moment, she pulled the pin and tossed it out her door window into a pack of Mutant Lizards. The grenade exploded, killing several lizards and injuring any dinos nearby."Glad you're on top of things," Zach said, continually glancing out his window. "Keep your hands on the wheel, though." Minerva allowed herself to smirk briefly before she gasped as the Fire Hammer slammed into the side of a Mutant Raptor that was passing ahead of her. Minerva slammed on the brakes, bring the jeep to a jolting stop."Reverse!" Reggie screamed over the radio. The Mutant Raptor had stumbled slightly, turned toward its attacker, and roared angrily. Minerva quickly flipped the vehicle's gear in reverse and backed up. Zach stuck his Cosmotronic Ray outside the window and fired upon the angry reptile stomping toward them. With Zach and Reggie's combined fire power, the raptor eventually toppled over. Zach glanced at Minerva disapprovingly."It walked in front of me!" Minerva exclaimed, putting the vehicle back into drive. "It's his fault!" Zach decided not to argue and continued to scan the area. Not much to see other than rain and endless waves of Mutant Dinos.An explosion suddenly rocked the back of the vehicle. Zach heard a distant pained grunt from the radio and saw dirt splash on to the back window of the vehicle. Minerva began to quickly turn the vehicle around. "What was that?" she muttered.Through the rain, Zach could see Reggie struggling to climb back on his feet, the wind clearly knocked out of him. Not far ahead of the gunner, he could the dark outline of a XERRD Space Marauder, a rocket launcher in his grip. Zach swore angrily."Hold on!" he called out to Reggie. He immediately regretted that decision. The Space Marauder fired another rocket that collided with the earth in front of the Fire Hammer, sending chunks of dirt everywhere. Zach took control of the Xenon Launcher from the cab and started firing at the Space Marauder. "Come on!" he shouted to Reggie. The gunner stumbled as he ran toward the Fire Hammer. Zach let out a sigh of relief as he finally hit the Space Marauder, dropping him to the ground."Alright," Minerva said, cracking her knuckles before putting them back on the wheel. "Now we can-" she stopped as a massive foot stomped the ground ahead of them. A Mutant T-Rex stared down at them with red, evil eyes. It unleashed an angry roar as it raised its foot over the Fire Hammer.Minerva was quick. She threw the vehicle into reverse and slammed on the pedal. The Fire Hammer backed away just as the Mutant T-Rex's foot came crashing down on the ground. As the jeep rolled back, Zach could hear crunching sounds as the vehicle hit and ran over Mutant Lizards. The Mutant T-Rex roared with fury."Come on," Minerva muttered to herself in an almost taunting matter as she stared at the Mutant T-Rex. "Come and get me.""Glad to see you're getting into this 'final battle' thing," Zach said, somewhat amused. "However, you are trying to fight a Mutant T-Rex with a Fire Hammer.""I've got a plan," Minerva said confidently. Zach looked at her, saying nothing. "Okay, more of a rough idea."Zach was all up for doubting Minerva's so-called plan. "Well, since a Mutant T-Rex is going to be trying to kill us no matter what we do, let's try this 'rough idea'.""Here go then," Minerva said. The Mutant T-Rex let out one more angry bellow before charging at the Fire Hammer.