Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Freezing and slowdown are somewhat common, it simply comes from excessive strain on the CPU due to lots of calculations happening per second. I aim to improve this in the future.I can not export for Mac without1) paying a (yearly?) $100 Apple developer fee2) owning a Mac to connect with.Number 1 could have been an option, number 2 has about 0% chance of happening unless every other computer brand suddenly develops self-combustion as a mandatory function.Maybe if a friend is willing to provide a mac for me to export with every now and then. Then there is still the question of the dev payment.

Every time I close, a popup asks me if I want to save changes to the archive (I'm using winrar)

It added an 'error log' file. I thought it might help if I copied and pasted what was in there to here.

ERROR in

action number 1
of Collision Event with object obj_bot_toa_mindless
for object obj_light_laser:
Error in code at line 1:
if (other.id == owner.id)
^
at position 23: Unknown variable id
ERROR in
action number 1
Error in code at line 1:
^
ERROR in
action number 1
Error in code at line 1:
^
ERROR in
action number 1
Error in code at line 1:
^

Also, a suggestion about the Toa Mata fight in Ta-Koro. Would it be possible to make all their masks gold, and keep the sprite of the mask they start with, and still switch to a Miru? For example, Tahu would have a gold Hau, and when he falls in lava, he changes to a Miru, like usual, but the sprite for the Miru would stay as a golden Hau. It wouldn't really affect gameplay, but I just though it might be a nice addition.
Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Every time I close, a popup asks me if I want to save changes to the archive (I'm using winrar)

IMPORTANT: After downloading, you must extract the files from the archive, otherwise the game will not work properly!ALSO IMPORTANT: Do not change the folder structure, or some files will not load!

The errors you have in your log are quite common ones - they occur if certain attacks hits a target after the owner of said attack has been removed. This usually happens with projectiles that hit after the creator dies, or with melee attacks if they connect at the right moment.

Also, a suggestion about the Toa Mata fight in Ta-Koro. Would it be possible to make all their masks gold, and keep the sprite of the mask they start with, and still switch to a Miru?

I might do that, yeah.

Are you a Mac hater??? ;)

I do not like Apple as a company in general. I do not like their tendency to lock everything they make to their own platforms, and I do not like how limited things such as Macs and iPods actually are when it comes to doing what you, as a user, want to do with them. Macbooks and such also happen to be pretty much universally overpriced compared to what the hardware actually does.So yeah, I suppose you might call me a Mac hater. Do note that I also do not like a lot of things that Microsoft has been doing. I like Windows 7, it's a good operating systems that usually does what I want, and I am the most familiar with it. I do not like their current direction for the new XBOX. I do not blanket love/hate everything about specific companies and brands, but Mac has in general been no better than what I have and is attached to a company which I generally do not like for their ways of doing business and products.With that said: Any further discussion goes in PM. I have explained why this game will not be on Mac for the time being, so I'll just end it there lest the topic derails. Edited by Katuko

One more suggestion. When a rahkshi dies, a pre-colored kraata, depending on the rahkshi type, will take place of the rahkshi, for last second revenge. It could have like 30 HP or something and like 5 strength, and attacks by leaping around, and has the respective rahkshi's powers, but weaker. It's hitbox would also be pretty small, so it could only be hit by some weapons and auras. It might be too much to implement, though.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

One more suggestion. When a rahkshi dies, a pre-colored kraata, depending on the rahkshi type, will take place of the rahkshi, for last second revenge. It could have like 30 HP or something and like 5 strength, and attacks by leaping around, and has the respective rahkshi's powers, but weaker. It's hitbox would also be pretty small, so it could only be hit by some weapons and auras. It might be too much to implement, though.

That sounds really complicated...

Anyway... I am currently running windows 8. I have only downloaded the current version to my computer, as the previous ones where transferred from my old one. If that could be causing anything...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

That sounds really complicated...

The game itself sounds really complicated to program :P

Edit: The game has been crashing pretty much 5 minutes after I open it. Do you know of any ways I could fix this, other than playing a better computer?

Another edit: All of my characters in the 'characters' files are colored completely black with a Kaukau. I'm not sure what happened.

Edited by Arzaki

I had something similar in the works for Bohrok and their Krana, but ended up scrapping it all. I figure that when a Rahkshi gets killed its Kraata dies along with the broken armor anyways.

Edit: The game has been crashing pretty much 5 minutes after I open it. Do you know of any ways I could fix this, other than playing a better computer? Another edit: All of my characters in the 'characters' files are colored completely black with a Kaukau. I'm not sure what happened.

Did you actually extract the files from the ZIP folder yet? You cannot play from the ZIP folder; the game won't be able to access a compressed DLL and sub-folders correctly. Black is a color value of 0, so if you get an all-black character it has likely completely failed to save the character.

Did you actually extract the files from the ZIP folder yet? You cannot play from the ZIP folder; the game won't be able to access a compressed DLL and sub-folders correctly. Black is a color value of 0, so if you get an all-black character it has likely completely failed to save the character.

I redownloaded it and all that stuff and it's working fine now.

Edit: I found a funny bug. If you move left, then move right, with both buttons pressed, you'll do a moonwalk to the left.

Another edit: Is there a pause button? I didn't see it in info. Pressing 'p' to make a text box appear can work as a basic pause system. It should, anyway.

Edited by Arzaki

Katuko, could you move the most destructive Rahkshi (Guurahk, Pahnrahk, Vohrahk) to a place where they don't immediately destroy the others? I'd like to be able to fight all of them without them almost dead.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Katuko, could you move the most destructive Rahkshi (Guurahk, Pahnrahk, Vohrahk) to a place where they don't immediately destroy the others? I'd like to be able to fight all of them without them almost dead.

Speaking of which, Turahk, or however it's spelled, tends to shoot fear beams at whatever rahkshi spawns in front of it, and could pretty much kill the other five if no other AI spawned, and if they don't notice the player.

Edit: I found a funny bug. If you move left, then move right, with both buttons pressed, you'll do a moonwalk to the left. Another edit: Is there a pause button? I didn't see it in info. Pressing 'p' to make a text box appear can work as a basic pause system. It should, anyway.

The moonwalk is well-known, and in fact can result in an even bigger glitch. If you get hit by a stun attack, then switch to holding a different directional key before you can move again, you will shoot off at high speed in whatever direction you were looking before. Gonna fix this when I rewrite the movement system. There is no pause button, primarily because this game has been designed for multiplayer and it simply never occurred to me to make one.

I'd rather fix the attack mechanics to distinguish between teams as well as owner/not owner, but this requires me to go through every single attack and add a new if() check. Yeah, not the best programming venture I've been on, this. There are so many things I didn't think about a few years back when I started, and so many new things I've learned since.

Speaking of which, Turahk, or however it's spelled, tends to shoot fear beams at whatever rahkshi spawns in front of it, and could pretty much kill the other five if no other AI spawned, and if they don't notice the player.

Yeah, for some reason Rahkshi of Fear keep shooting even when every other Rahkshi species would stop. I've been trying to find the bug in my code, but it's an elusive one at the moment.

Hey sometimes, when I pick up an armor or mask, my character can't move.

Does your error log produce a repeating error when this happens? Also, does it happen consistently with certain stat combinations (very low DEX, for example) or with certain specific items or power setups?

No error adds, it just freezes my character up. Come to think of it...it only freezes when I pick up a nuva armor a air saber and a kanohi olmak... Also, whenever I try to load my player, the game creates a theoretical character 0: stats: 0 str, dex, everything. No points available either. It also makes my characters name 0, and once it made a strange toa element. Did you have a script labeled uncreation? That's the type of toa it made. Same for rahkshi. What's with the uncreation element/power toa/rahkshi? That's too much destructive power! Trust me. I tested . Had equipped a kakama to move around...in the takanuva fight, mangaia, one hit took out the boss...same for mata battle, and the kini-nui match...and when it apeared...a strange map was available...I think someone musta hacked in and added a secret set of sub programming! This map, by the way, was labeled Destral assault. Makuta attacks, exo-toa armor, visoraks, everything, all got destroyed by the only power the uncreation power had...desolation. it even broke the game for a couple hours...if you need help deleting that sub programming, I will help! Oh btw, there was a strange mask in destral assault...a kanohi eveergo...when used it...that's when the game broke for the couple hours it did.

Edited by ToaDraconixMahvi

No error adds, it just freezes my character up. Come to think of it...it only freezes when I pick up a nuva armor a air saber and a kanohi olmak... Also, whenever I try to load my player, the game creates a theoretical character 0: stats: 0 str, dex, everything. No points available either. It also makes my characters name 0, and once it made a strange toa element. Did you have a script labeled uncreation? That's the type of toa it made. Same for rahkshi. What's with the uncreation element/power toa/rahkshi? That's too much destructive power! Trust me. I tested . Had equipped a kakama to move around...in the takanuva fight, mangaia, one hit took out the boss...same for mata battle, and the kini-nui match...and when it apeared...a strange map was available...I think someone musta hacked in and added a secret set of sub programming! This map, by the way, was labeled Destral assault. Makuta attacks, exo-toa armor, visoraks, everything, all got destroyed by the only power the uncreation power had...desolation. it even broke the game for a couple hours...if you need help deleting that sub programming, I will help! Oh btw, there was a strange mask in destral assault...a kanohi eveergo...when used it...that's when the game broke for the couple hours it did.

39017905.jpg

No error adds, it just freezes my character up. Come to think of it...it only freezes when I pick up a nuva armor a air saber and a kanohi olmak... Also, whenever I try to load my player, the game creates a theoretical character 0: stats: 0 str, dex, everything. No points available either.

Writing every value to zero still sounds like a DLL error. Have you unpacked the ZIP folder you get the game in?

It also makes my characters name 0, and once it made a strange toa element. Did you have a script labeled uncreation? That's the type of toa it made. Same for rahkshi. What's with the uncreation element/power toa/rahkshi? That's too much destructive power! Trust me. I tested . Had equipped a kakama to move around...in the takanuva fight, mangaia, one hit took out the boss...same for mata battle, and the kini-nui match...

I can tell you with 100% certainity that the word "uncreation" appears nowhere in any of my scripts.

and when it apeared...a strange map was available...I think someone musta hacked in and added a secret set of sub programming! This map, by the way, was labeled Destral assault. Makuta attacks, exo-toa armor, visoraks, everything, all got destroyed by the only power the uncreation power had...desolation. it even broke the game for a couple hours...if you need help deleting that sub programming, I will help! Oh btw, there was a strange mask in destral assault...a kanohi eveergo...when used it...that's when the game broke for the couple hours it did.

Yeah, this is where I call bluff.- There is no such thing as "sub-programming". There is either programming, or there is not. The game file available on both my hosting sites is exactly the same as it's used to be. I've checked.- There is no reference to "destral", "uncreation" or "desolation" anywhere in any script or game file or file related to the game. I've checked.- Visorak sprites are in short supply. Heck, I haven't even found a walk animation. Makuta... likewise.- You seem to invent new powers and actually functioning maps/enemies, with no thought for the fact that a "hacker" would not do such things. They would try to add malicious code to mess with your computer, not give you more gameplay options! If they wanted their minutes of fame by doing that they would stand forth on their own.- No, I do not require help to "delete" any "sub-programming", for two reasons:1) If what you (very ambiguously) describe was actually present, it sounds like half-finished gameplay I could actually use.2) If it was malicious, I would not want you tampering with my files any more than I'd like the hacker to.But I think the most obvious answer here is that there is no "sub-programming" present, unless it magically manifested on your computer in the billion-to-one chance that such hacked code would actually produce a workable campaign map. There is no reference to anything you describe in my local game files or on my online host, and the description matches the typical "urban video game legend" formula I've heard tons of times over during my gaming life.If there is a character writing error where the file only returns zero in all fields, then yes, that is a plausible error. If it's indeed true, tell me now and I'll look into it. Some errors or character file editing might also make your character very powerful - but it will never rename the element, at least not to a word that doesn't even exist in the project file.If the character file "all-zeroes" error is just part of the about "uncreation" etc., then I'll politely ask you not to spread any rumors about my game. I have enough to do if I'm not going to go on wild goose chases all the time too.EDIT: Also, don't turn this into an image macro meme war unless you have a genuinely new and funny (hopefully crazy related) image. Thanks ~ <3 Edited by Katuko

katuko, you just posted the 1337th reply to the topic. Gratz on being 1337 :P

Heh, after 4500 posts, being 1337 doesn't really seem so important anymore. :PAlso, don't feed the troll, if possible. Don't mention the troll, don't reply to the troll. If it even is a troll. We'll find out later, but for now the story I have been told does not sound the least bit plausible. End of that story... here.

Yes, my old, archived topic; what about it? I've had a link to it in the first post of this topic for reference, but maybe you meant to link to a specific post?

I didn't see that, lol.

Heh, after 4500 posts, being 1337 doesn't really seem so important anymore. :PAlso, don't feed the troll, if possible. Don't mention the troll, don't reply to the troll. If it even is a troll. We'll find out later, but for now the story I have been told does not sound the least bit plausible. End of that story... here.

You should be proud! It takes a relatively high-profile game to generate urban legends. Who knows - maybe the Uncreation ability is the next Herobrine!

IrMSNn3.png

You should be proud! It takes a relatively high-profile game to generate urban legends. Who knows - maybe the Uncreation ability is the next Herobrine!

Eh, it also takes just a single guy with a bit too much time on his hands. Sure, I'm proud of having made a game that has actually gotten popular around here, but I'd prefer to keep the rumors out of it. It's not even complete enough to have believable lies yet.

Quick, someone leak an image of the 'uncreation' ability. Or better yet, make it an easter egg

I can assure you that any easter eggs I might put in will not be related to any bad lies about mystic hack abilities.

Well, looked up the stuff from it, and: everything seems to be completely unbased, nothing possible at all.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Hey Katuko I've been following this topic for so long, but I haven't posted anything in it other that a review waaay back in 2011. For that you can blame my lurking habits :P

But playing the latest version of bionicle fighter was just so much fun that could not just do nothing so here I am posting this stupid comment telling you how great you are, and how frankly you've managed not just to create a great game but continue to expand on it!

How you manage feature creep is beyond me.

So as gesture of thank you for sticking to developing the game here's some fanart

Once again thanks for the amazing game.

~M

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

Hey Katuko I've been following this topic for so long, but I haven't posted anything in it other that a review waaay back in 2011. For that you can blame my lurking habits :P But playing the latest version of bionicle fighter was just so much fun that could not just do nothing so here I am posting this stupid comment telling you how great you are, and how frankly you've managed not just to create a great game but continue to expand on it! How you manage feature creep is beyond me.

Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to me. Having someone playing and enjoying my game like I hope you guys do is the primary driving force that keeps me working. :)Every time I program a new power or feature, I get a bit giddy. Every time someone says they like a part of my game, I get a fuzzy feeling. Every time...

So as gesture of thank you for sticking to developing the game here's some fanart

...that one's new.*Clicks link*Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-- :DThat's awesome. The start-up for an official game cover, right there. Now excuse me while I sit in my chair with a goofy grin for a few minutes due to the unexpectedness of actual fan art of a game I made. :)

No error adds, it just freezes my character up. Come to think of it...it only freezes when I pick up a nuva armor a air saber and a kanohi olmak... Also, whenever I try to load my player, the game creates a theoretical character 0: stats: 0 str, dex, everything. No points available either.

Writing every value to zero still sounds like a DLL error. Have you unpacked the ZIP folder you get the game in?

It also makes my characters name 0, and once it made a strange toa element. Did you have a script labeled uncreation? That's the type of toa it made. Same for rahkshi. What's with the uncreation element/power toa/rahkshi? That's too much destructive power! Trust me. I tested . Had equipped a kakama to move around...in the takanuva fight, mangaia, one hit took out the boss...same for mata battle, and the kini-nui match...

I can tell you with 100% certainity that the word "uncreation" appears nowhere in any of my scripts.

and when it apeared...a strange map was available...I think someone musta hacked in and added a secret set of sub programming! This map, by the way, was labeled Destral assault. Makuta attacks, exo-toa armor, visoraks, everything, all got destroyed by the only power the uncreation power had...desolation. it even broke the game for a couple hours...if you need help deleting that sub programming, I will help! Oh btw, there was a strange mask in destral assault...a kanohi eveergo...when used it...that's when the game broke for the couple hours it did.

Yeah, this is where I call bluff.- There is no such thing as "sub-programming". There is either programming, or there is not. The game file available on both my hosting sites is exactly the same as it's used to be. I've checked.- There is no reference to "destral", "uncreation" or "desolation" anywhere in any script or game file or file related to the game. I've checked.- Visorak sprites are in short supply. Heck, I haven't even found a walk animation. Makuta... likewise.- You seem to invent new powers and actually functioning maps/enemies, with no thought for the fact that a "hacker" would not do such things. They would try to add malicious code to mess with your computer, not give you more gameplay options! If they wanted their minutes of fame by doing that they would stand forth on their own.- No, I do not require help to "delete" any "sub-programming", for two reasons:1) If what you (very ambiguously) describe was actually present, it sounds like half-finished gameplay I could actually use.2) If it was malicious, I would not want you tampering with my files any more than I'd like the hacker to.But I think the most obvious answer here is that there is no "sub-programming" present, unless it magically manifested on your computer in the billion-to-one chance that such hacked code would actually produce a workable campaign map. There is no reference to anything you describe in my local game files or on my online host, and the description matches the typical "urban video game legend" formula I've heard tons of times over during my gaming life.If there is a character writing error where the file only returns zero in all fields, then yes, that is a plausible error. If it's indeed true, tell me now and I'll look into it. Some errors or character file editing might also make your character very powerful - but it will never rename the element, at least not to a word that doesn't even exist in the project file.If the character file "all-zeroes" error is just part of the about "uncreation" etc., then I'll politely ask you not to spread any rumors about my game. I have enough to do if I'm not going to go on wild goose chases all the time too.EDIT: Also, don't turn this into an image macro meme war unless you have a genuinely new and funny (hopefully crazy related) image. Thanks ~ <3

Pwned.

Every time I program a new power or feature, I get a bit giddy. Every time someone says they like a part of my game, I get a fuzzy feeling. Every time...

Warm and fuzzy....like a bunny?

Just wondering...

*ahem*

So, one day I was playing this and some one dropped a lightstone rifle and seeing as how I hadn't ever used it yet I decided to try it out.....

It's now one of my new best friends. :evilgrin:

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

Pwned.

It's what I do.

Every time I program a new power or feature, I get a bit giddy. Every time someone says they like a part of my game, I get a fuzzy feeling. Every time...

Warm and fuzzy....like a bunny?

I'm gonna go ahead and say "yes, probably". :)

So, one day I was playing this and some one dropped a lightstone rifle and seeing as how I hadn't ever used it yet I decided to try it out..... It's now one of my new best friends. :evilgrin:

Looking to improve that thing a bit too, once the new engine rolls around. Speaking of which, I haven't been able to do much on that yet due to work and playing games with some friends. I'll have to get started already. XD

So, one day I was playing this and some one dropped a lightstone rifle and seeing as how I hadn't ever used it yet I decided to try it out..... It's now one of my new best friends. :evilgrin:

Looking to improve that thing a bit too, once the new engine rolls around. Speaking of which, I haven't been able to do much on that yet due to work and playing games with some friends. I'll have to get started already. XD

Really, huh? I have always found that to be a pretty awesome sprite...

So, you said some thing about helping out by submitting custom sprites on your blog....I might decide to sprite that katana that's in my basement....

Really, huh? I have always found that to be a pretty awesome sprite... So, you said some thing about helping out by submitting custom sprites on your blog....I might decide to sprite that katana that's in my basement....

I'll be improving the mechnaics, not the sprite. A basic katana would be nice to have, since I mostly have straight swords. Curved blades are so tricky to get right.

That's awesome. The start-up for an official game cover, right there. Now excuse me while I sit in my chair with a goofy grin for a few minutes due to the unexpectedness of actual fan art of a game I made. :)

^_^

Glad you liked it, I've had goofy grin since your response as well. To be honest I was kinda worried I didn't actually put your name on it, stupid oversight on my part.

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

Really, huh? I have always found that to be a pretty awesome sprite... So, you said some thing about helping out by submitting custom sprites on your blog....I might decide to sprite that katana that's in my basement....

I'll be improving the mechnaics, not the sprite. A basic katana would be nice to have, since I mostly have straight swords. Curved blades are so tricky to get right.

Really? I wouldn't have thought so... well I'll try.