The Dystopian Island: Legacy Of Power Book 1

Grey Snow

The first eight chapters can be found here. Chapter 9: Dynamic Hoji “He’s on this island?” A black armored figure questioned. Dai nodded, “Yes, I saw him. He’s one of the Toa Cyril.” The figure nodded, “I see…is he the leader, by any chance?” “I believe so.” Dai replied. “I wish you would have told me sooner.” The black figure hissed. “I would have, had I not had to train.” Dai answered. “Train?” The figure hissed, “You’ve been cleaving the stone spires with your blade! How is that training?” “It gets some aggression out.” Dai answered, “I didn’t get to finish my duel with Agri, so I had some aggression.” “Fine.” The figure hissed, “Better than never knowing.” He said, walking past Dai. Dai rested the tip of his sword at the back of the figure’s neck, “If you encounter the Toa of Earth, Agri, you had better not touch him.He’s mine.” Dai hissed, “He’s my student.” “I understand.” The black figure said, resuming his walk away from Dai, into Bandiaca’s throne chamber, where he bowed before her. “What is it you want?” She questioned bitterly. So far, her conquest of Cyril Nui wasn’t going as planned. Her forces were losing. How was that possible? How could five Toa be stopping her forces? Sure, she sent them one at a time, but that was no excuse. They should have been able to do better! So far, she found that Dai had really done the best, had he applied himself to killing them as a whole. Why was that? Was it because he followed willingly, and hadn’t lost his free will from her Kanohi? “I want to attack.” He said simply. “You have your free will, do you not?” She questioned. “I am not bound to your Kanohi Zeyat.” He confirmed. “Just wondering.” Bandiaca said, “Fine; go.” The figure rose, “I will bring you the Toa of Fire’s head.” He said, lifting his heavily modified arms. Both of them ended in mechanical ends from the elbow up. They were blocky and clearly mechanical, with various blades emerging. The bottom of the left arm had a blade, while the right had a dagger. There was a curved blade coming out of the outer side on each, as well as a normal blade next to it. He had small mechanical fingers for manipulating objects and the like, but they were mostly covered by the mechanical bulkiness of his weapon arms. He had two black wings on each leg, pointed down. He had a flat, black chest that appeared to have a shine to it, as well as a black Kanohi or helmet ended in teeth or fangs. “I won’t need any Anaroids.” The figure said, “I would, however, like permission to bring ‘'Forte'’ with me.” “For what purpose?” ‘'Forte'’ demanded. “I need someone to keep the other four Toa busy.” The figure replied. “I have always fought the Toa of Fire. The leader.” ‘'Forte'’ said, “He’s mine.” “No; mine.” The black figure said, “The black one is a better swordsman, as far as Dai could tell. Fight him. You don’t even have to fight them; I only need you to stop the others if they come. If. I just need to eliminate the Toa of Fire.” “He’s mine to kill.” ‘'Forte'’ said, lifting his sword. “You don’t want to fight me.” The black figure threatened. ‘'Forte'’ leapt forward, slashing at the figure. He lifted his right arm quickly, parrying with the dagger mounted to the bottom. He pushed back and thrust his left forward, readying the tip of the curved blade at ‘'Forte'’’s neck. “Got you.” The black figure said. ‘'Forte'’ didn’t say anything. He took a step back and stood beside Bandiaca once more, “I refuse to join you.” “Then I’ll need a batch of Anaroids.” The black figure said, walking out. “M’hou.” Bandiaca said. The small figure nodded, “I’ll deploy a unit.” He said, running off. Hoji, like the others, was on patrol. His route, however, had taken him to the western side of the island, where a quarry was. Work wasn’t done there often anymore, and it was mostly a large scar in the ground. There were old buildings around where the workers used to live, but they were abandoned now. There was nothing left in them. Nothing was left in the quarry. Only stone. The minerals and other precious objects were mined out years ago. It had no purpose anymore. Hoji paused. He slid down into the pit and then jumped about halfway, pulling off a rotation in the air. He took his Blade Blaster and fired at the spot he had just been before he slid down. A group of Anaroids took his blows. More opened fire on Hoji, but he twisted out of the way with expert skill. Hoji continued to drop until he hit the ground, rolling to disperse the force. He came up to his knee and span around, firing on three that came down the other slope. He turned his focus to the original group, which was now firing on him again. He ran and rolled, taking cover at the slope itself. He pointed his weapon straight up and opened fire, sending a blast of heat up, melting through their circuits with the compressed blast. He holstered his weapon and looked around the pit. There had to be a reason for this random assault. He looked around, but couldn’t see any warrior standing by. Was he not the target? Were these soldiers only here to keep him away from the real target? He turned to the slope where the other three had come down from. He could see a black figure slowly descending, wings on his legs turned up to allow for floatation. He landed, so the wings span around, pointing at the ground. Hoji had found his foe. Hoji threw his right arm forward, snapping his fingers, “The burning heart of passion! Toa Hoji!” He shouted, running forward with his Blade Blaster drawn and in sword mode. It wasn’t like him to just attack, but he wanted to cover the ground. He wanted to get closer so as to figure out this opponent as best as he could as fast as he could. This was the easiest way. The black figure ran forward, swinging his left arm up, parrying with the blade at the bottom of his arm, “Hoji, it’s been a while.” “Who are you?” Hoji demanded. “Hyak.” The black armored figure stated, “You don’t recognize me?” “Hyak?” Hoji questioned in shock, backing away, “You…you’re not Hyak!” “Of course I am.” He said, “We were last on Xia together, before I got taken away by the Vortixx. You tried to save me, but couldn’t. We were friends. Don’t you recognize my voice?” Hoji nodded slowly, “Your voice…yeah…” He looked into Hyak’s eyes, “Why did you attack me?” “You attacked me.” Hyak clarified. “Did you send those Anaroids?” “I’m with Bandiaca now; yes.” Hyak said. “Why?” “I wanted to see how good you are before I cut you down myself.” Hyak said, lifting his arms, showing his myriad of blades at the ready. “Why are you doing this?” Hoji demanded, “We were friends!” “I know.” Hyak replied, “But our friendship is in the way.” “Of what?” “My gaining power.” He said, “I’m a Kabarn. A greedy man who wants treasures. You stand in the way of my greed. I desire your head!” “That doesn’t make sense.” Hoji hissed. “Of course it does. I have my free will, so I can detest you for not saving me.” He looked at his arms, “They ripped my arms off for what they thought I did.” He hissed, “Fortunately, my brethren were more than capable of helping me. I became an effective treasure hunter, by the way.” “You want to kill me because I couldn’t save you?” Hoji questioned. “Exactly.” Hyak replied. “I tried to save you!” Hoji shouted. “Trying and doing are two different things.” Hyak said, racing forward. He kicked Hoji back and then span around, slashing him multiple times across the chest, using the bottom blades and the side blades rapidly, hitting him with everything, leaving a myriad of long, dark gashes along his armor, along with the continual spray of sparks hitting the ground. Hoji hit the ground and shouted in pain, holding his chest. A blade came down for him, so he rolled to the side and threw his hand forward, unleashing a blast of Fire. “I don’t want to fight you!” Hoji shouted. Hyak threw his arms aside, letting the blast hit his chest. It rippled into his chest, and then returned into Hoji, casting him aside. “Mirror Shield.” Hyak said, “One of the great treasures my people seek! It’s built into my armor.” He chuckled. Hoji rolled away as a blade came down again. He drew his Blade Blaster and opened fire, but even the small blasts were repelled through the Mirror Shield. Any shots that came back for him he deflected with more blasts. “This is how it must be.” Hyak said, running forward and slashing Hoji once more. Hoji hit the ground and rolled. He cried out in pain and struggled to his knees. His eyes now burned with hate at what his friend had become. He drew his Blade Blaster up and switched it to sword mode. He struggled to his feet and ran forward, shouting. Hyak parried every blow that Hoji made and returned a few, but Hoji twisted his body aside from each. Hoji span around, slashing rapidly with his body slightly turned so his right was facing Hyak. He slashed even faster, and then plunged, sending Hyak stumbling back. The Mirror Shield couldn’t copy his slashes or repel them. “Hyak…you give me no choice!” Hoji shouted, running forward again to engage his old friend in battle; true battle. Hyak drew his arms up and raced forward, shouting. His leg wings span up, letting him skim over the ground for Hoji. As they met, they both rolled one way; Hoji to the right, Hyak to the ground and the left. They span around, neither having anticipated the other would make the same move. They both raced at each other, this time meeting with a slash. “I have more blades!” Hyak shouted, slamming his left arm forward, getting ready to run Hoji through. Hoji skimmed Hyak’s body and kicked him. He rammed his foot onto a piece of leg armor and performed a backflip off of Hyak, landing out of range of the thrust. He span around, switching his Blade Blaster and opening fire, striking Hyak up his chest and in the head. Hyak stumbled back, shouting and cursing, holding his burning head. His hands retreated back into his weaponized arms and he raced forward again, skimming over the ground once more at Hoji. Hoji ran forward and leapt at Hyak. As they met in the air, they both slashed and rolled past each other. “You wasted your shot.” Hyak hissed. “Did I?” Hoji questioned, spinning around. He crumpled to a single knee from the wound across his chest. Hyak turned, laughing at him. He felt it. His legs were burning. He cried out as he fell to the ground, sparks coming from his legs and from the wing systems installed on his body. Hoji had destroyed them with a slash. Hoji took that moment and raced forward, keeping low so he could double over on his chest wound to protect it. As soon as he reached Hyak, the Kabarn stumbled back. When Hoji hit Hyak’s original position, he leapt up and performed a spinning side flip in the air, landing and spinning, thrusting the tip of his weapon at Hyak’s face. Hyak thrust his head back, just avoiding the blow. His helmet or Kanohi took the blow, leaving a small mark running down it. He stumbled back some more, regained his footing, and ran forward, slashing Hoji three times across his chest, sending the Toa of Fire down. “This time I’ve got you!” Hyak shouted, plunging a weapon down. “You think so?” Hoji questioned, switching to his firearm mode. He blocked the blade with the folded blade of his weapon, twisted his firearm, and opened fire on Hyak’s chest, causing him to stumble back from all of the continuous blows. “You’re making me do this.” Hoji hissed. “What?” Hyak questioned. They ran forward again. Hoji blocked with the folded blade, keeping it right next to his chest to protect himself from Hyak’s slash. They looked each other in the eyes. Hoji pushed on his weapon, sending Hyak a few steps back. He span around, delivering a spinning kick to Hyak’s chest. “Making me fight this way.” Hoji said, bringing the blade out again. He ran forward and ducked the two swings of Hyak’s weapons. He plunged the tip of his weapon into Hyak’s chest, applying all of the force and power he could into it. He shouted, shoving even harder. Hyak started to lose his footing as he was pushed back from the overwhelming force being applied. And then it shattered. The Blade Blaster went through the Mirror Shield, shattering it, and impaling Hyak with a minor wound. Hyak stumbled back without too much damage. He shouted and ran forward, “Do you know how long it took to find one of those Mirror Shields?” He screamed. Hoji didn’t answer. He rolled under Hyak’s wild slash and then swung his sword up behind himself, parrying the slash that came at his back without looking. “Hyak…I’ll have no qualms about ending your life. Not anymore.” Hoji hissed. “What?” Hyak questioned, almost laughing, “You think you can kill me?” Hoji ignored him and continued talking, “You aren’t the man you used to be. You weren’t as obsessed with these artifacts as you seem to be right now. You would never want to fight like this. You would never try to claim revenge, even if I couldn’t save you, didn’t save you. This isn’t you. This isn’t the Hyak I once knew. “I don’t know what happened to you, but it ends here.” Hyak glanced up at a red and orange object flying in. Hoji shoved on his sword, forced Hyak a step back, and then span, giving a side kick to Hyak. Hoji holstered his weapon and threw his right hand up, taking grip of the Dragon Missile as it came down. He lowered it and ran forward, shouting. He rammed the tip into Hyak’s chest and twisted, using momentum to pick Hyak up off the ground and aim him at an angle, partially towards the slope. He shouted again and pulled the trigger, sending the massive outburst of Fire power forward, carrying his former friend on it. Hyak said nothing, made no sounds. As his body slammed into the sloping wall, all Hoji heard was a crunch sound as his body was smashed. Hoji released his semi-sentient weapon and let it go. He ran towards Hyak’s falling remains, watching as rocks came down as well, burying them. But sitting almost atop the wreckage was something in an odd whitish color. He crouched down and picked it up, pulling it free.It was elongated, almost like the hilt of a sword. That was the way Hoji saw it. He held it as such, feeling odd carvings on the body of it. “What is this?” He muttered. Was it something Hyak had on him? He didn’t know, so he took it with him as he left the corpse of his former friend and the wreckage of their battle behind. “I value my appearance, yes. Am I vain? Some have called me that. I will do whatever I must in order to protect my image; both physically and personally, as others see me with their eyes, and how they perceive me. Next time: “Chapter 10: Vain Magis” Feel the Magnificent Gale!” Review

Edited by Lord Koji

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Chapter 10: Vain Magis Bandiaca was not pleased. She looked around the warriors assembled before her, all of them willing and eager to show their power, to fight against the Toa Cyril. None of them pleased her. None of their powers were what she desired to use against the Toa. They were mostly lower leveled fighters whom had fallen to her influence. She had taken many under the spell of her Kanohi Zeyat. Strong warriors, weak warriors, any warrior who could fall prey to her powers. But why would she take on the weak? The strong were obvious, but the weak? Cannon fodder. This was a group of cannon fodder warriors. Her stronger warriors were currently elsewhere, training. The stronger warriors were usually not complete and utter slaves to her Zeyat. They could think and realize that they had to go and train, to get stronger. The weaker usually had weaker wills and were only thinking of pleasing their mistress. She looked over all of them and then shook her head. “You are all weak.” She said simply, lifting her staff high. Power flashed around the crimson crystal on her staff, lashing out and striking at the group, obliterating them instantly. She looked around, “M’hou!” She snapped. The small mechanical master rushed into the chamber, bowing, “Yes, Mistress Bandiaca?” “I desire a mechanical warrior.” She said, “These warriors aren’t doing it for me. They aren’t going to be able to win.” “Are you certain?” M’hou asked. “I’m certain enough.” She hissed back, “Machine, now!” “What sort of machine?” M’hou asked, “There are many options, after all.” A grim smile came to her face, “I have a plan.” Magis was standing near the trees, at a minor forest on the island. There weren’t many forests, not many trees or anything. This minor location was all he could find for his beautiful trees, after the incident involving Kaku destroying the beautiful trees, and his attempt to protect them. This was where Magis was now forced to collect leaves from for his part in the rollcall. It was a little inconvenient, but he desired to show his majestic appearance by using the leaves in the roll. As he was walking among the trees, collecting leaves, turning them all over, looking for the best looking ones – even though nobody actually could see any details on the leaves, or anything – for the sake of his vanity, for the sake of his personality and desire to keep a good appearance, he heard something. He span around, watching as something dark came through the trees. “What are you?” Magis demanded, lifting his Topgaler scythe. The thing didn’t speak. It was a machine, that was obvious. A floating black machine. It had a clawed bottom that helped it to float somehow. It had a winged section over its chest, while similar wings were on the claws on its back. It had a thin waist with a wide chest at the top, and had large armored portions on its arms. It had fairly thick arms, with segments shooting down like tubes on each arm, but only one per arm. Instead of hands, it had large shield-like portions that could have also been blades. For a head it had a large black section with more wings coming off of the back, and two crimson eyes that came off like separate offshoots.“So, you don’t talk.” Magis said, lifting his weapon. He leapt forward, kicked off of a tree, and leapt at the machine from the side, swinging his weapon in. The thing acted with great speed, lifting its left arm up, parrying with the shield-like arm it had. It pushed back, forcing Magis to perform a backflip and pull his Blade Blaster in the air. As he was flipping, he opened fire, striking the machine up the chest. The shields couldn’t protect it from everything. Magis just had to exploit those weaknesses. He had superior speed, he was sure, so he could work with that.He ran in, flipping his weapon into sword mode in his left hand, while his right held his scythe. He leapt forward, flipping through the air, and slashing it down the chest with both weapons. It didn’t try to attack back as he got in close. Did it have no weaponry? Then what was the point? Was it simply to provide defense with those shields? But then what was the point? And what were those offshoots? Magis hit the ground and rolled, slashing it twice across the chest at an angle. More sparks flew out from the wounds, from the contact. He was sure that he hadn’t actually struck anything internal, unfortunately. That would have helped him finish this fight much faster. “You’re still going to fall.” Magis said, leaping forward and readying his scythe to cut the large head off. It reached out, grabbing him between its large, shield-like hands. He struggled, but it had too strong a grip on him. “What is this?” He demanded, trying to strike it, but a kick wouldn’t work. He couldn’t release his powers in this position. He was stuck unless he could flip or kick his way out of this. It slammed its head forward, striking Magis’s head. Magis cried out, and then his world went black, only to come to life a moment later. He was looking at himself. What? Magis questioned, but realized he hadn’t spoken. He was only thinking. He tried to speak again. What’s going on? What is this? All in his head again. He saw himself kick, and then felt himself falling back. He saw himself holster the Blade Blaster and hook the scythe onto his back. Magis forced himself to move, realizing he didn’t have legs. He lifted his arm, seeing black armor, and a shield-like hand. He was the machine. Magis’s body smiled, “Have fun being Kyuu, Magis.” He said in Magis’s own voice, walking away. Wait! Magis screamed in his head, trying to follow, but he had no legs. He couldn’t figure out how to float very easily. He was stuck in this mechanical body. It had swapped his mind with its own artificial intelligence. Smart artificial intelligence, it seemed. Magis tried to pursue, but still couldn’t, allowing the AI in his body to get away, likely to kill his team and then come back to finish him off. Great. Magis thought. My team is in danger, and I’m stuck in this hideous body! Of course the unappealing form is the one I have to switch with! He thought angrily, finally figuring out how to move. He floated forward, but it was slow going. He had to figure something out… “Magis, where have you been?” Eri asked, walking to the entrance of the temple, “It was your turn for patrol a few minutes ago! You’re late.” “Sorry.” Magis said, “Should I go out now?” “Agri is covering it.” Eri said, “He’s not happy about it.” “Sorry again.” Magis said. He looked around, “So, where is everyone?” “I’m here, Agri is patrolling, and Hoji and Rei are out investigating what they believe to be one of Bandiaca’s new threats.” “One of her threats?” Magis questioned. Eri nodded, “They don’t know what it is, exactly. Warrior or Anaroids. They think it’s up near the small forest.” “Forest?” Magis questioned, nodding, “Ok. I’m going to go there, then.” “Even before we get word back?” Eri questioned, “That’s not like you.” “I’m interested. I want to do something.” He said, “You coming?” “Fine.” Eri said, following him, “We’ll meet Agri on the way.” She said, leading Magis into the conjoined building to the Anverius X3 vehicles. The two of them mounted and drove off through the streets, picking up Agri on the way when they found him, and heading towards the forest. All the while, Magis had a grim smile on his face. I still don’t get it. Magis thought, lifting his arms and looking at them. How did Kyuu manage it? How did it switch with me? I don’t see anything special on these arms.He remembered that they hit heads together. Magis would have liked to have seen more details on the head, but couldn’t, obviously. But perhaps if he could find a stream and look in the reflection of himself. But there was no water around, unfortunately. He also couldn’t figure out how to figure out himself yet, figure out his new body yet. He wasn’t good with machines. He could feel things going off inside of his new body, and things like that, but couldn’t figure out what any of it meant. He couldn’t tell if any of it had to do with the mind swapping, or if they were just normal things in his new body that were needed. As he floated through the trees, he tried to figure things out. He would have to get through the city without being detected, reach the temple, and attack himself, his beautiful body, and force a switch with a collision of heads. But he would be seen. No doubt about that. Am I doomed to die in this hideous body? Magis demanded to know, but he didn’t know who he was thinking it to, if anyone. He just wanted an answer. Would he ever be in his normal, beautiful body again? The body he prided himself on possessing, the body that made him who he actually was. This body was nothing. This body arguably destroyed who he was. He was vain, yes. He was proud, always taking pride in his form, appearance. But he couldn’t anymore. Not in this form. Not in this hideous, mechanical form.As he floated among the end of the trees, he could see the approach of Hoji and Rei. He was happy! His comrades had arrived! I can make them realize this! Magis thought to himself. But how? Hoji and Rei saw him and raced forward. They slid to a stop in front of him, taking roll. Hoji threw his right arm forward, snapping his fingers, “The burning heart of passion! Toa Hoji!” Rei sent both arms forward and making a circle with them in the air in front of her body, stopping when they reached each other again. A small spark danced between her hands, “The sizzling sensation of lightning! Toa Rei!” “Toa Cyril!” They both shouted at once. In a few moments, the sounds of the Anverius X3 vehicles came into earshot. He could see the others coming, even his own body! I can do this! I can get to my body and change forms! He realized the others would no doubt stop him. Hoji especially. He was enough of a professional that he wouldn’t let this mechanical warrior through to attack one of them. Agri brought both arms up, bringing them together and passing both in front of his chest and face in almost a full circle, turning his closed fists up and his blades out to the sides. He brought them to rest by his hips, bending his elbows there, “The overpowering strength of the ground! Toa Agri!” Eri held her right arm out, spinning her weapon around her hand. As she did this, she brought her other arm up, bending it underneath her outstretched right arm, bracing it as she lowered the weapon down, pointing the tip at the enemy forces, “The serene and soothing waves! Toa Eri!” And then it was Magis’s turn. He cast his arm to the side, “The magnificent gale! Toa Magis!” He shouted. Got you! Magis shouted triumphantly in his mind. The others looked to Magis, but ignored the inconsistency, the change, in his rollcall. No! You fools! I would never do something like that! I would never abandon the grace and elegance, the beauty, of my roll! Realize that! The Toa all drew their Blade Blasters and ran forward with the swords drawn. They ran in, slashing one at a time at Magis in Kyuu’s body, passing him one at a time. Sparks flew from all sides of his body as he continued to take hits. He realized what they were doing. Hitting him on his right and left, slashing towards the center of the chest, trying to ruin the internal mechanisms. I can’t let that happen! He shouted in his mind. He couldn’t let them stop his body. He didn’t know what allowed the mind changes, but he couldn’t allow them to damage him. He was still vain. Even though the primary reason was for his survival, the secondary reason, bordering on primary, was because they were striking him. He didn’t want his form to become worse than it was. He span around and shot forward, throwing all of the power into this boosters as he could. He slammed one arm into his own body, grimacing in his mind for having to do it. He slammed his body into the ground and then tried to pick him up. The others were attacking him in the side, knocking him away. He tried to defend himself, but couldn’t. And then his body got up and drew the Topgaler, leaping forward and slashing at the mechanical body. Magis used that moment and took the hits, realizing that he was next to a tree. He took a slash, being knocked into the tree. His body came at him, slashing, so he ducked, letting the tree take the blow, to his chagrin. The tree suffered from the slash. Magis’s body attacked again, so Magis made the machine body dodge, allowing the tree to take another hit. The Toa finally realized it. They realized something was wrong, especially since Magis in Kyuu’s body had slammed Magis’s body to the ground, not a tree, which was easier and would have done more damage. Magis finally managed to grab his body and slam his head into his own forehead, changing minds back. Before the slam, he let up enough on the grip so that he could kick Kyuu and flip back. Magis span around, throwing his arms out to the side, using his powers to send some leaves at his feet around his body. He reached his right hand up as he lowered his left, brushing his fingers across the forehead of his Kanohi. He cast his arm sideways after that, “The magnificent gale! Toa Magis!” The five came together, shouting at once. “Five Toa destined to rid this island of the accursed witch! We are the Toa Cyril!” Magis drew his Blade Blaster, leveling it at Kyuu. He focused, “Air Bullet!” He shouted, firing a compressed blast of Air power at Kyuu. The raw Elemental Energy he shot forward was intermixed with actual Air power, punching a hole through Kyuu, destroying the machine, and protecting the trees at the same time. “You’re done.” Magis said, holstering his weapon, “For the trees, and for my beauty.” He said, walking away, leaving the others behind to try to realize everything that happened. M’hou shook his head, “That hurt!” He complained, removing the helmet that he had been wearing. “So, your experiment failed.” Bandiaca said bitterly, “How did it fare?” “It went well.” M’hou said, “The power I gave the Kyuu model, combined with my mind, almost had them.” “What went wrong?” Bandiaca questioned. “I don’t know.” M’hou admitted, “I think I got the rollcall wrong, but that can’t have been it. They didn’t notice. After I attacked him multiple times…maybe I used the wrong style of attacks against him…” “That’s not it, you fool.” A cold, calm voice said. “Who’s there?” '‘Forte’' demanded, raising his sword. “Put that weapon down.” The voice said, coming from the entrance, standing in the darkness, “You didn’t do enough research.” He told M’hou. “Who are you?” Bandiaca demanded, lifting her staff, readying her powers. “Someone looking for a battle, to become stronger. My name is Toa Cesare.” “I’ve arrived. I fight to become stronger, sometimes for the fun of it, but mostly for the sake of my own training. Will the Toa Cyril be able to provide me with the challenge? Some may say that a Toa fighting a Toa is wrong, but this is for myself. Next time: “Chapter 11: Enigmatic Cesare” Here I go.” Review

Edited by Lord Koji

Chapter 11: Enigmatic Cesare The next day, as the sun came through the gray skies once more, Cesare was still discussing matters with Bandiaca and '‘'Forte'’'. ‘'Forte'’ didn’t like him, while Bandiaca was delighted at the idea of having a Toa fighting for her. Cesare didn’t seem to know about her abilities to make others come under her control, and she kept that from him. If she had to, she would capture him with her powers, but for the time being, she would rather have him keep his own free will and fight stronger than be one of her mindless, enslaved warriors. “Cesare, what do you wish to do on the island?” Bandiaca questioned. “I have a plan.” He replied, “I need you to send one of your warriors to attack.” “One of my other warriors?” Bandiaca questioned, “What for?” “I’m not going to reveal my plans.” Cesare said, “Just send someone, if you would.” “Fine.” She said, “But who? What type of warrior?” “It doesn’t matter. Someone who can afford to be killed by the Toa Cyril.” Cesare replied. “Cannon fodder?” Bandiaca questioned, then smiled, “I know one who fits what you should need.” “What is this warrior?” Cesare questioned. “Not a warrior, per say.” Bandiaca replied, “A beast.” “Beast?” “A beast, yes.” She replied. He gave a small smile, “I fought a beastly warrior once, on Recla Nui.” He said, “Is that what you’re referring to? A beast warrior? Or an actual beast?” “An actual beast.” She replied. “Will it work for you?” '‘Forte’' questioned, cutting Bandiaca off. The conversation was getting a little long, and he wanted to see Cesare get to work. “It will suffice.” Cesare said, “None of those machine soldiers of yours. Just the beast.” “I’ll have it sent to the island.” Bandiaca said, nodding to '‘Forte’', who walked off to ready the beast. “What is this beast called?” Cesare asked. “Abare.” Bandiaca answered. “What do you think it is?” Hoji asked the others, setting down the object that he located after his defeat of Hyak. The four other Toa looked at the object lying on the table. They all examined it in turn, looking at the markings, looking at anything on them. None of them could figure out anything about it. “Could it be some curiosity of one of the Matoran who used to work in the quarry?” Rei questioned. “Quite possibly.” Hoji replied, “But the markings just don’t add up to anything. They’re just strange markings, as far as any of us can figure. So I’m doubting that it’s just some Matoran’s former possession. “Besides, the area where I hit Hyak, where it was located from, there were no structures. It was just the pit. It’s possible that during the digging it was dropped, or something, but I really doubt it. I did a bit of research, and there doesn’t seem to have been any digging in that area. So the plausibility went down.” “Does it honestly matter?” Magis asked. This was the first time he had actually spoken to the team since the incident with Kyuu the previous day. He had kept to himself and been in isolation for the most part since the forced body switch with the machine, when the machine, in his body, had destroyed some trees, and he had been forced to wound his own beautiful body. “It might.” Hoji replied, “It might not. We don’t know. That’s why I want to figure this out. It’s the markings, mostly, that get to me.” “Well, we’ll figure it out.” Eri said, “Let’s ask Turaga Gorma. Maybe he knows. Maybe it’s something from his time as a Toa here.” “I doubt it.” Hoji replied, “But perhaps.” “He’s in meetings currently.” Agri pointed out, “We’ll have to wait for the current meetings to end.” “If Turaga Gorma can win these elections, then we’ll be set.” Rei put in, “We would have the entire island to question about the object.” Hoji nodded, “Yes, we would.” He picked it up, “Well, I’ll put this into a safe location for now.” He said, taking it away and finding a slot in the wall where he could place it safely. He returned to the others, “Patrol.” He said, heading off first. As he left, he stopped. He motioned for the others, so they came to him and looked around. Something was off, that was it. Something was very off. Hoji span around with a shout. From atop the temple came a beast. A black hound-like being. Abare had three claws on the back feet, while he had two on the front. A crimson and white blade-like spine lined his back, with spikes coming up, and it ended in a tip like a weapon. He had green eyes along with silver fangs and a black head. “Another of Bandiaca’s minions?” Hoji shouted, throwing his hand forward, scorching Abare, forcing it to hit the ground hard. It came back to all four feet and leapt forward with a growl, snapping its head at Hoji. Agri rushed forward, smashing the beast in the side with his iron knuckle weapon. It hit the ground and skidded away, quickly rising again and rushing forward, getting its teeth and the blade on its back ready. Agri threw his hand forward, smashing a fist of Earth into it. It fell, but quickly came back up and raced forward again. “Why doesn’t it fall?” Agri muttered. Eri threw her hand forward, smashing a fist of Water into the beast, throwing it aside. It quickly rose again, taking a blast of Air to the side, and then a sizzling blast of Lightning. “That should work.” Rei said. But it didn’t. Abare quickly came back to its feet and rushed forward, leaping and leading with its back, curling up to do so. It span around, slashing at the group.They all avoided the attack, getting the beast right where they wanted it. They all came to their feet, drew their Blade Blasters, and all trained their weapons at the beast in the center of their five pointed circumference. They all faced differently. Hoji stood straight, holding his weapon in one hand. Magis had his right side aimed at the beast, holding his weapon in a single hand. Rei had both hands on her weapon, she was directed straight. Eri had her weapon in one hand, while her left arm braced her right. Finally, Agri did the same as Hoji, facing straight and holding his weapon in one hand. They all fired, unleashing their elemental bullets at Abare. They always used these attacks as a last resort if they needed to, in place of the Cyril Buster. The destructive attacks, Elemental Powers mixed with raw energy flew forward, smashing into Abare. But the beast came back up after taking the shots. But it didn’t get up as quickly. It came up more slowly than before. “One more shot should do it.” Hoji told the others, “Dragon Missile!” The semi-sentient weapon flew down to him. The others readied their own personal weapons, all of them getting ready to combine and kill this beast. Hoji put the Missile out. Magis put his Topgaler in, making it act as a leg for the Missile, while Eri put her weapon in to do the same. Rei lined it with daggers, providing some support or legs for it, while Agri finished by placing his knuckle weapons on as well to help support it. Hoji stood right behind it, throwing his right arm out over it. The others stood, two on each side of him, throwing their arms out. “Cyril Buster!” They shouted, unleashing the Elemental Power from their hands, into their Toa Tools and into the weapon as a whole. The attack flew down the path at Abare, hitting him, overwhelming his body. Abare didn’t die. The beast got back up after three minutes. “It still won’t die.” Hoji hissed, “But it took longer this time, at least.” “What next?” Rei questioned. “I don’t know.” Hoji admitted. “You Toa are…interesting.” They all looked up to the top of the temple. A Toa in white and silver armor stood there. He wore a rounded white Kanohi, with a silver shield over his chest. He carried a sword with a large rounded guard with a hole in the center of it, wearing it on his hip. He just watched. There was no doubt that he was a Toa of Ice. “Who are you?” Hoji questioned. “Toa of Fire. Hoji. You’re the leader.” The Toa of Ice said, dropping down and drawing his sword before landing. He span his weapon around his hand and then hit the center when the blade was up again. The hole activated something, and the top of the guard opened, revealing fourteen objects, all of them thin, possibly made of fibers or something like that. Not stone, that was certain. “My Rouze Blade will show you how it’s done.” The Toa said simply, drawing three of the objects as Abare rose and rushed at him. He slashed them across the blade one at a time. A voice rang out from his weapon, signaling each swipe. After each swipe, the object vanished, returning to light and hitting his guard, as if returning. “Lightning” “Mach” “Kick” As Abare came closer and closer, the Toa turned around, plunged his sword into the ground, and waited a few moments, until he was certain that Abare had leapt up to attack him. Abare was an experiment. He was formerly a Matoran who was mutated by some means that Cesare didn’t know, nor cared to know. All he knew was that this Matoran was now a monster. Apparently the Matoran had suffered upon the transformation. He was being kind in killing Abare. He span around at the last moment, his right leg filled with crackling power. He slammed the kick into Abare, disintegrating the body with the pure power. “That was amazing.” Rei said, approaching the Toa, “Thank you, whoever you are.” “My name is Toa Cesare.” He said, reclaiming his blade and walking amongst them, looking at all of them, “I came here to seek only combat, only to become stronger.” “I don’t follow.” Hoji said, “What are you trying to say?” “I’m here to fight.” Cesare said. “That beast was strong.” Eri said, “Did that prove any strength?” “No.” Cesare said, shaking his head, “Abare was only a mindless beast who used to be a Matoran. Not worth it.” “How did you know what to call it?” Hoji demanded, pulling his Blade Blaster and training it in Cesare. “I know because I had it sent.” Cesare replied, “You see, Abare was one of Bandiaca’s followers. I requested that someone be sent to fight you lot so that I could gauge your strengths, and so that I could fight you next.” “What?” Hoji questioned, firing without a second thought. Cesare parried with the guard of his weapon and leapt forward at Hoji. He kicked the Toa of Fire and slashed, taking Hoji down, sending sparks flying, leaving a darkened mark. Rei drew daggers between each of her fingers and leapt forward, slashing with all of her weapons at once. Cesare span to face her, lifting his blade to parry them all at once. At that moment, Eri and Magis leapt forward, shouting, slashing both weapons down at once at Cesare’s side. Cesare kicked Rei aside and span around, slashing low to take both Toa down, causing them both to cry as sparks flew from their armor, which was now darkened by a wounded streak and cut in their armor. Agri punched the ground, sending tremors at Cesare. He couldn’t avoid it fast enough, and his feet sank into the ground. Agri leapt forward, throwing a punch at Cesare’s face. Cesare smiled a grim smile as he opened his guard again, drawing two more objects out. He swiped one. “Float” He began to float and shot out of the spot he was stuck in the ground, floating and getting above Agri so that the blow wouldn’t connect. As he flipped around above Agri’s head, landing behind him, he span around and slashed another. “Drill” Cesare threw a punch. His punch felt like a drill going into Agri’s back, causing him to cry out in pain as he collapsed. Cesare looked around. Hoji was getting up and racing forward, deploying the blade of his Blade Blaster. He slid forward, slashing repeatedly, forcing Cesare to continue to parry. They met up to Cesare’s guard and the body of the Blade Blaster’s firearm function, at the very ends of their blades at one extreme. They looked each other in the eyes and pushed each other back, sliding away from each other. They both threw a hand forward, both of them unleashing their powers. Fire and Ice collided. Neither was able to win. While Fire had the natural advantage, the Ice was very powerful, keeping the flames at bay. “You’re good.” Hoji muttered. “So are you.” Cesare said, “Or, that’s what you would expect me to say. You’re not good enough. You’re not in my league.” He smiled smugly, “I know enough about you guys. They call you a professional. You’re not good enough to beat me, though.” “What?” Hoji hissed. “Let me show you…my power.” Cesare said, rushing forward and hitting the hole in his guard again, opening it and snatching more of the objects, his Rouze Cards.He slashed both of them and then threw his sword into the air, leaping forward as the second one was swiped. “Air” “Drill” Wind picked up around his body, forming around him in lairs, like a drill. He shouted, throwing his feet forward. The wind carried him forward, focused into a point at his feet. The wind span around him, coming forward like a drill. It was massive and powerful. Even the winds at his side were tearing up the ground like blades. If this attack struck, Hoji would die, there was little doubt that Hoji had about that. Hoji did everything he could. He snatched his Dragon Missile as it came down. He dropped his arm and fired, sending a blast of flame forward. The highly compressed and powerful attack should hopefully be enough to save him, he figured. As the attacks collided, Cesare continued forward, shouting and slamming it into Hoji. Hoji cried out, sparks flying out from his entire chest as he was struck by miniature blades of power, it felt like. He was thrown back, slamming into the ground far away from the temple in a straight shot. His entire torso was blackened from the attack. Cesare landed and span around, walking back towards where he started, picking up his sword right before it hit the ground, just snatching it point down. He holstered it on his waist and walked away, “You’re not as good as I thought you were, Toa Cyril.” He said. “I pride myself on my speed, my agility in combat. That’s one of the reasons why Hoji made me second in command. Now someone tries to use such speed to defeat us? I’ll strike back! Next time: “Chapter 12: Swift Rei” Come!” Review

• 1 month later...

Chapter 12: Swift Rei “Where have you been?” ‘Forte’ demanded. Cesare looked at the mechanical warrior, “What, I can’t spend a day on the island, getting to know the area?” “You should immediately report back to us.” ‘Forte’ hissed. “I’m not Bandiaca’s lapdog.” Cesare said, “I don’t need to constantly report in.” ‘Forte’ drew his sword up, “You had better. We need your information. We’re letting you go around and collect it for a reason. We let you kill Abare, a trump card of ours for a reason. Now, you had better come and give us information as soon as you get it instead of running around like this!” Cesare flashed a smile at ‘Forte’, “You’re really very serious, you know that?” “What?” ‘Forte’ hissed, “Are you screwing with me?” “Quiet, you two.” Bandiaca hissed, walking into the chamber, “I don’t want my two hands fighting each other. If the hands are at conflict, what work will get done?” “You consider me your right hand?” Cesare questioned. ‘Forte’ growled at him, “I am her right hand!” He snapped. Cesare smiled to ‘Forte’, “You really think that?” “Quiet!” Bandiaca snapped, “Now, Cesare, what have you learned?” “I’ll tell you.” He said, walking towards her, “But I believe you should send a warrior out to the island.” “Why?” She questioned. “It’s important.” Cesare replied, “If you want to win, you should.” “You came here to get stronger, you said.” Bandiaca told Cesare, “So, why would you want me sending one of my warriors out there like this?” “I want to see what the Toa can do.” Cesare said, “I got a feel for them in our battle. I want to see what they can do against another one of you warriors. It helps me to learn, to gauge their skills. And, it also helps me to gauge the skills of your people, Bandiaca.” “Fine.” She said, “I need you to get someone for me, ‘Forte’. Anyone will suffice, but you know the type of warrior that Cesare should desire, do you not?” “Someone capable.” ‘Forte’ answered, bowing and leaving the chamber. “Now, Cesare, what is it that you have learned?” Bandiaca questioned, taking her seat at her throne. Cesare turned as she walked past him, and as she sat, he prepared to answer, showing a sly and grim smile as he divulged his information. “You want me to fight?” A female warrior in lime green and black questioned ‘Forte’. She had clawed armor on her arms as well as her legs, and wore little armor overall, besides her main armored body. She was a swift warrior named Nin. In her left hand, she carried a pointdown shaft-like object, small and compressed, like a coil, almost. In her right, holding it against her arm, she had an object that came out in a point, thick, some sort of weapon. “I do want you to fight.” ‘Forte’ replied, “Nin, you are a fast warrior. I’m sure you can get out there and kill the Toa Cyril for us before they can react fast enough.” She nodded, “I know that to be true.” She said, “But…” She scratched her chin with her left hand, hooking her object on her hip, “Won’t Mistress Bandiaca be angry?” She questioned, “After all, we aren’t supposed to be killing the Toa Cyril, are we?” “What are you trying to say?” ‘Forte’ questioned. “Mistress said that the job was now the new Toa’s.” Nin replied, “At least, that’s what she said the other day, when he arrived. She said that he was capable enough of doing it, and that we were to test the Toa and wear them down when we could, where we could, but the kills would likely go to that new Toa.” “Are you saying you’re willing to go out there and die?” ‘Forte’ hissed, “Because that’s what will happen if you don’t fight to kill. The Toa will kill you!” “But Mistress Bandiaca said…” “Forget her orders!” ‘Forte’ hissed, “This new Toa, Cesare, is nothing! You are superior to him, Nin! You are to kill the Toa if you can! Those are my orders!” “You aren’t Mistress Bandiaca.” Nin pointed out. “I am her right hand.” ‘Forte’ said, “What I say on her behalf is good enough! It always has been in the past, it is now as well.” “I don’t know…” “Do it.” ‘Forte’ hissed in a quiet order. Nin slowly nodded, “Understood.” She said, heading out. She wouldn’t have Bandiaca’s power to give her a path to the island, but she would get there on her own. ‘Forte’ watched Nin go, and smiled to himself as he walked back to Bandiaca and Cesare. As Agri escorted Turaga Gorma from the political meeting ground to the temple, Nin watched, waiting for her chance from atop a roof. She held both weapons down, against her arms. She leapt off of the roof, firing off her left hand weapon, securing a line to a rooftop so she could swing. They never saw it coming. She swung down, flipping her other weapon around and slashing them both in the backs as she swept past them, performing a flip and landing in front of them, spinning around as her line retracted. “Fall and never rise again.” She told them in a near whisper. Both Agri and Turaga Gorma collapsed to the ground, deep, dark lines across their backs from where Nin’s blade had cut through them. She walked away. There were four other Toa to eliminate, after all. Magis stood among the trees, collecting leaves again, since Kyuu had interrupted him on his last attempt to do so. He hoped to collect enough on this trip to last for a while, as well as spend enough time here in order to apologize to the trees for the damage that had been caused in the fight with Kyuu. But, as he walked among the trees, speaking silently to the things that he loved – only because they helped him with his vanity – Nin was watching, waiting. As he walked out of the trees, she span around, getting behind him, pressing her bladed weapon to his back. But Magis was faster than Agri and Gorma. He leapt forward, flipped off of his hand and span around, drawing his Blade Blaster up. Nin was gone. “What? Where are you?” He shouted. He felt the blade in his back again, “Here I am.” She said. “You’re fast.” Magis muttered. “I know.” She replied, using the function of her weapon. Energy arrows smashed into Magis’s back, causing him to cry out and be thrown forward by each blast. He hit a tree hard and went down while trying to hold himself up. He span around, trying to fire, but three shots to the chest put him to the ground. He didn’t get back up. Eri was sitting, looking down into the ocean. Nin walked up behind her, taking aim with her weapon. “I know you’re there.” Eri said. “Good instincts.” Nin admitted. “I was a Dark Hunter. I need these instincts.” Eri replied. “A Dark Hunter? A Toa like you?” Eri muffled a laugh, “You think lowly of us Toa, don’t you?” Water surrounded Nin’s feet, circling up around her body, poising itself as blades, pointed at her throat. “Your control is admirable.” Nin said, “But, you’re not good enough.” She tilted her left hand, aiming her grappling weapon up. She fired it. The liquid was never touched as the weight and line were shot up, hooking around one of the spires on the island which sat nearby. “Die, whoever you are.” Eri said, “Bandiaca will have one less minion.” The Water crashed in, impaling the blades into where Nin’s neck would have been. But Eri glanced back, seeing Nin flipping through the air, aiming her weapon at the Toa of Water. She rose to her feet, hand going for the Blade Blaster, but Nin was faster, opening fire. The energy arrows found their mark in Eri’s chest, throwing her back and into the ocean below. The height, along with the positions of the arrows would surely kill the Toa of Water. Nin landed and walked away. Two targets remained. Hoji sat in the temple, mediating alone and in peace. Nin snuck in easily, lifting her weapon as she got closer. Hoji never noticed. Not even in his focused meditative state did he hear her or notice her presence. She fired three shots and Hoji fell to the ground. Nin walked out, but ran into her final target, Toa Rei. Rei and Nin were just as fast. As Nin’s weapon was raised, she had a knife to her throat at the same time from Rei. “Who are you?” Rei demanded. “Nin. One of Mistress Bandiaca’s warriors.” Nin answered. “You know who I am, no doubt.” Rei said. “Toa Rei. Second in command.” Nin said, “I’m glad I ran into you this quickly. You’re the last survivor of your team.” “You really think I’d believe that?” Rei questioned. “I’ll tell you where to find the corpses of your three other teammates.” Nin said, “And even the Turaga.” “I’m not amused.” Rei said, kicking Nin back. As Nin fired, Rei ducked, span, and threw a dagger forward. The weapon missed as Nin leapt into the air, kicked off of the entrance of the temple, and went into the air, shooting her weapon out and getting away, swinging into a street. Rei rushed forward and reclaimed her dagger. She rushed after Nin, trying to follow the female assailant’s path as best as she could, but Nin was nowhere to be seen after a few moments. Nin came around a building in a circle, swinging and aiming low. She fired a shot at the back of Rei’s head for a sure kill. Rei span around, unleashing a blast of Lightning into the air. It crackled forward, overrunning the arrow and rushing up at Nin herself. Nin flipped around in the air, released her line, and fired it out again, running along a rooftop or two before jumping off and swinging away. Rei cursed and raced after her. She was fast, whoever she was. Rei wasn’t sure how easily she would be able to pursue, or how easily this fight would go. Easily for either of them. While Rei had more power, Nin seemed to be faster, but Rei couldn’t give up. She couldn’t let this woman escape, or kill her. She had to avenge her friends, if she was speaking the truth and had eliminated the others. Rei doubted that. How could she have killed them all? Rei slid into a crossroads, looking around above her. She saw a low rooftop to her right and ran for it, jumping and grabbing the ledge. She pulled herself to the rooftop and leapt to another, getting onto a more level surface before running, searching for Nin. Rei slid to a stop and span around, parrying with two daggers as the weapon came down in a slash. She kicked Nin back and flipped off of the roof, landing on the streets and running. She was the assailant’s target now. Nin would pursue, since she had no other targets remaining. Rei slid down a street, jumped and kicked off of a wall, onto the other wall, and then up and out of the alley as Nin ran into it. She span around, surprised, and lifted her weapon to fire an arrow. Rei was faster, unleashing a blast of Lightning into Nin. The powerful surge smashed into Nin, throwing her back as if she were a ragdoll. She hit the ground hard, cracking the foundation. She struggled up to her feet and gave chase, despite the massive scorch marks on her chest from the attack. As she shot her line up, Rei threw a dagger, severing it. Nin cursed and looked around, but was unable to see the Toa of Lightning, despite knowing where the throw of the dagger had come from. “What, not fast enough anymore?” Rei mocked. “Show yourself!” Nin snapped. Rei flipped out of her hiding place, landing behind Nin and thrusting a dagger up at the back of her opponent’s neck. Just as quickly, however, Nin had spun her weapon around and pointed it right back at Rei, ready to shoot arrows into the Toa. “Stalemate.” Nin said. “I think not.” Rei replied. “How so?” Nin demanded to know. Rei performed a backflip from her spot just as Nin fired. She span around, twisting in the air, and threw her weapon, rushing it through the back of Nin’s neck, dropping the female warrior. Rei landed and walked towards the corpse, “Because I’m that good. You’re fast, but I’m faster.” She crouched to reclaim her weapon and then rose and sheathed it. Where would she begin to search for the others? Were they really dead? But Nin hadn’t been too certain about her orders. She had thought she killed the other Toa, but her orders from Bandiaca ran too deeply. She had spared them, despite being in the position to kill every one of them. The blows looked like mortal wounds or fatal wounds, but they weren’t. The Toa and Gorma would recover quickly, as long as someone treated them. Even Eri, who had fallen into the ocean. As long as she hadn’t lost consciousness, she would have avoided having her body smashed. As Rei searched and found every Toa in turn, and Turaga Gorma with Agri, she wondered about Nin, and what the woman’s goals actually were. Was she trying to kill them all? Or was she just trying to provoke Rei for some reason? Did she think she had killed them? What had happened exactly? “You sent someone already?” Bandiaca questioned ‘Forte’. “I sent Nin.” ‘Forte’ answered. “Nin?” The witch hissed, “She’s one of my best!” “And she’ll have killed all of the Toa as such.” ‘Forte’ said. Cesare shot him a glare, “They are mine to kill.” He drew his blade, “I wanted to become stronger off of them.” “It’s too late.” ‘Forte’ said, “By this point, she would have killed them all.” Cesare walked towards ‘Forte’, sword ready, “I’ll kill you instead, then. How will you enjoy that, ‘Forte’?” “Stop it you two.” Bandiaca hissed, projecting images of Cyril Nui from the crystal in her staff, “As you can see, Nin failed. Everyone is still alive.” She looked to ‘Forte’, “You told her to kill them, didn’t you?” “I did.” ‘Forte’ answered. “One more mistake, and I’ll banish you.” Bandiaca threatened, “You know I promised those kills to Cesare. One more mistake, ‘Forte’, and you’re gone.”“Ever since joining Dai, I’ve grown stronger in the art of the sword. I’m strong, I’m good. This opponent’s swordsmanship and power exceeds Dai’s, somehow…but how? Next time: “Chapter 13: Strong Agri” Stand tall or fall!”Review

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 13: Strong Agri “You know what Bandiaca told you.” A warrior in green and red armor told ‘Forte’. This warrior had crimson feet, crimson armor on his ankles over his green leg armor. Above that he had crimson armor, a green body with crimson overlay. He had crimson armored arms with green armored hands and green armor over his upper arms. He had sloped, green spiked armor coming down off of his shoulders. He wore a sleek green Kanohi or helmet, and was armed with a weapon on his left arm. He wore a large shield, with a large blade coming up and back up his arm. The blade was attached to the shield, but he could take the hilt in his right hand and draw it off as his primary weapon, if need be. He was one of Bandiaca’s greatest warriors. Much like Dai, he was his own warrior, someone who hadn’t fallen to her Kanohi Zeyat. He was fighting for Bandiaca of his own free will, and was arguably the strongest warrior that she had. He didn’t rely on powers, as far as anyone knew; only relying on his weaponry. Unlike Dai, who relied on swordsmanship, Mirai relied on speed and the abilities of his weapons, which allowed him multiple attacks from his sword. His swordsmanship was topnotch, however, equal to Dai’s, most likely. But Mirai was arguably more powerful. Arguably the most powerful warrior of Bandiaca’s, even over ‘Forte’ himself, who acted as Bandiaca’s bodyguard and right hand, or former right hand, now that Cesare had taken that position. But was Mirai stronger than Cesare? ‘Forte’ assumed so; otherwise he wouldn’t be coming to him now. “I know what Bandiaca told me.” ‘Forte’ told Mirai, “I know she said she would banish me if I intervened again. Likely I would die. That accursed Toa would probably be the one to kill me, too.” “Yet you come to me to fight the Toa, rather than try to save you?” Mirai questioned, “You certainly are interesting, cyborg.” “Don’t call me that.” ‘Forte’ hissed. “Right, right. Sorry.” Mirai said, “Well then, what do I call you? I refuse to call you by your new given name, considering the sword is supposed to be your forte, yet you are outmatched in the art of the blade by myself. As such, I refuse to name you as such.” “I understand.” ‘Forte’ told Mirai, “But, will you do it for me?” “Will I kill the Toa?” Mirai questioned, “I shall.” He replied, “But remember, that means I won’t be here to protect you from Bandiaca’s wrath.” “I don’t need protecting.” ‘Forte’ said, “Now, would you do your job?” He questioned. “Certainly.” Mirai said, “It’s been some time since I’ve been let out to fight.” “Bandiaca fears your powers, is that not correct?” ‘Forte’ questioned. He nodded, “It is correct.” He said, “I’m off.” He turned to walk away, but ‘Forte’ called to him to stop him. “If you see Cesare on the island…” “I’ll eliminate him.” Mirai said, heading out. ‘Forte’ felt pleased with himself. Now all he had to do was manipulate Bandiaca into sending Cesare out, ordering him to the island. Then he would find his death at the hands of Mirai, and the entire situation would be dealt with. It didn’t matter if Mirai lived or not. He and ‘Forte’ were on good terms, so he would prefer Mirai to live, if possible. But if he died, then he died. That was it. ‘Forte’ headed into the main chamber, “Mistress, perhaps you should send someone to deal with the Toa.” ‘Forte’ said. “I told you, it is Cesare who will eliminate them.” Bandiaca said. “I’m sorry, I forgot the new terms.” He replied, “Well then, should Cesare go? I don’t like the idea of giving the Toa any breather room.” Bandiaca nodded, “Yes, you’re quite right, ‘Forte’. Cesare, I want you to go and eliminate the Toa.” “I’m not ready to go right now.” The Toa of Ice replied. “You’re going.” Bandiaca hissed, “That’s an order.” “Fine, understood.” Cesare said, “Anaroids. A small squadron will suffice. Five Batsuroids.” He requested. M’hou, who was never far away, bowed, “I understand. I will see to it.” He said, running off to get his machines ready. “I’m off, then.” Cesare said, heading out, certain that the machines would be dispatched after him. “I have confidence in Cesare.” Bandiaca said, “I think today is the day we claim this island as our own.” “I certainly hope so.” ‘Forte’ replied. Mirai walked calmly through the streets. Matoran, as they were heading to and from their job sights fled in fear of him, calling out in panic for the Toa to arrive and save them. Mirai stopped when he encountered the black armored Toa of Earth, Agri. Agri drew up his iron knuckle weapons, motioning for Mirai to strike. “You want to fight me alone?” Mirai questioned, “I am the greatest warrior of Bandiaca’s.” “I could hold my own against Dai.” Agri said, “I think I can handle you.” “I am superior to Dai.” Mirai said, “I am also of free will. I am superior to him in my ways of combat.” He drew his left arm up, showing his shield and sword, “Come and face me, if you want to die.” His right hand gripped the extended hilt of his weapon. Agri drew up his form tighter, waiting. “Well then, it will be a duel after all.” Mirai said, drawing his sword with the sound of steel ringing against steel. He pointed the tip of his weapon forward, “Come and face me, Toa!” Agri rushed forward, keeping his fists close, keeping his body guarded. He was an excellent swordsman, and an excellent hand-to-hand fighter. He was settling on the latter right now, as he was sure it would lead him to victory. On the other side of the island, Cesare walked through the streets, waiting for the Toa to appear. He listened to the screams of Matoran as he moved through, hoping that they would alert the Toa. Soon he could hear the sounds of engines. He stopped as four vehicles surrounded him and the Toa dismounted. The only one missing was Agri, the Toa of Earth. “Where’s number five?” Cesare questioned in his simple tone. “We’re all you’ll get.” Hoji said, “Are we not enough?” “No. You should know that after our last duel.” Cesare said, turning to look at them all, “But this will suffice for now. After I claim your heads, I will find the Toa of Earth and claim his last.” “This time things will be different.” Hoji said.Hoji threw his right arm forward, snapping his fingers, “The burning heart of passion! Toa Hoji!” Eri held her right arm out, spinning her weapon around her hand. As she did this, she brought her other arm up, bending it underneath her outstretched right arm, bracing it as she lowered the weapon down, pointing the tip at the enemy forces, “The serene and soothing waves! Toa Eri!” Magis span around, throwing his arms out to the side, using his powers to send some leaves at his feet around his body. He reached his right hand up as he lowered his left, brushing his fingers across the forehead of his Kanohi. He cast his arm sideways after that, “The magnificent gale! Toa Magis!” Rei went last, sending both arms forward and making a circle with them in the air in front of her body, stopping when they reached each other again. A small spark danced between her hands, “The sizzling sensation of lightning! Toa Rei!” Cesare had to turn at each Toa’s voice. Hoji was in front of him, but Eri and Magis were behind, and Rei was in front again. To see it all, he had to keep moving.“Five Toa destined to rid this island of the accursed witch! We are the Toa Cyril!” Hoji shouted on instinct, despite Agri’s absence. “You call roll?” Cesare questioned, smiling a little, “It reminds me of Yuna.” “What?” Hoji questioned. “Nothing, forget it.” He said, drawing his Rouze Blade, “Now…” The Anaroids and Batsuroids were fast approaching from behind, where Magis and Eri stood. The two Toa turned to face the machines, as Rei and Hoji prepared to take on Cesare. “You two can handle them, right?” Hoji questioned. “Yeah, we’ve got them.” Eri replied, “We’ll help you as soon as we take them down.” “Got it.” Hoji replied, nodding to Rei. Both rushed forward with their Blade Blasters extended, ready to take on Cesare. Agri slid back. As Mirai leapt forward, he slammed his sword down. Agri forced the sword aside with one of his knuckles while sending a punch forward with the other, hoping to make contact. Mirai was fast. He shot his arm up, parrying with his shield. He kneed Agri in the chest, knocking him back, and then span around, slapping him with the flat of his sword, throwing Agri to the ground. Agri pushed himself to his feet and threw his weapons aside, drawing his Blade Blaster and extending the blade. He held the tip away from his body, “Well, here comes Agri the swordsman!” He shouted, racing forward. “Finally, a proper duel.” Mirai said, “Let’s see just how good you are.” He slid his left foot forward, drew his left arm up, and sheathed his blade. As Agri got closer, Mirai didn’t move to redraw. He just waited. At the last moment, he drew and stepped through, slashing to the side. Agri cried out and fell forward to his knees. A large gash was in his chest armor from the blow. “You’re…” “Fast.” Mirai finished, spinning around and sheathing his sword once more, “Get up.” He said, “You’re strong, aren’t you? You’re Dai’s apprentice! Rise and fight me!” Agri pushed his sword into the ground and swayed to his feet. He drew his weapon out of the ground and held it out, “Ok, come on!” “That’s what I’ve been waiting to see.” Mirai said, ready to draw again. Agri leapt forward with a shout, slashing down with a hard slash. Mirai slashed up, Lightning coursing around his sword. Agri was surprised, and then took the slash, causing him to cry out and fly back. Shocks rippled around his armor, which continued to show minor damage appearing at a steady rate through sparks and darkening. “My blade can use such attacks.” Mirai said, “It makes me very dangerous.” “It makes you weak!” Agri shouted, swaying to his feet, “A real swordsman relies on his own strength alone!” “I have my own strength.” Mirai said, “But I was told to eliminate you and your team. Dueling you would take too long with swordsmanship alone, no matter how good I am. Your skills are from Dai. It would take too long. But if I use such measures as my elemental attacks, then I can win without taking too long and save my strength for the rest of the Toa.” Agri stifled some laughter, “I’m the one you have to be worried about! Not the others! I know Rei is fast, Magis is agile, Eri is fluid and graceful, and Hoji is a pro. But I’m the greatest swordsman!” He pointed the tip of the sword at his foe, “So use all of that pent up strength against me!” Mirai nodded, “As you wish, Toa.” “Agri.” Agri said. “Mirai.” Mirai said. The two dashed forward, slashing multiple times, but each one meeting with a parry. They both drew their weapons back and slashed again, but again, a parry. “You are good.” Mirai said. “As are you, but you know that already.” Agri said. Mirai nodded and kicked Agri back. He leapt forward, thrusting, but Agri parried down. He span around, slashing at Mirai’s back, but Mirai ducked and span around, parrying with his shield. He rammed his knee forward, knocking Agri back, and then followed up with a jab from his shield to Agri’s face, knocking the Toa Cyril of Earth to the ground. Agri rolled and came back to his feet, rushing forward with a shout. He slashed down as hard as he could, forcing Mirai’s sword to the ground. He slid his sword up the length of Mirai’s and slashed his foe across the chest, causing Mirai to skid back. “You’re strong.” Mirai said, holding his wound in his free hand. “I’m the strongest of the Toa Cyril in physical strength.” Agri hissed, “I’m also the best swordsman. I’m superior here!” “You think that, don’t you?” Mirai questioned, sheathing and drawing again, generating his sword with Lightning again, “Well, come face me!” They slashed again, but the Lightning surged up Agri’s blade, causing him to cry out and fall to his knees. He rolled away, managing to control his limbs by the time the sword came down to behead him. He span around, slashing his sword, sending a shockwave of Earth forward, knocking Mirai back. “If you can use your powers like that, so can I!” Agri shouted, racing forward. He sheathed and drew again, drawing his normal blade out. He pointed the tip forward, rather than run at Agri, “Let’s do this.” Mirai said, “The last slash.” He slid, drawing his right arm back, and then ran forward. They both shouted as they neared each other. The somewhat honorable and cocky Mirai, and the strong Toa, Agri. As they met, they slashed forward, their blades meeting. They slid past each other, both of them waiting to see the results of the other’s strength on their blades. Agri’s Blade Blaster wasn’t built to withstand as powerful of attacks, unfortunately, so the blade cracked all over the length of it. Mirai’s blade also cracked, despite being able to hold up better against such attacks. “I underestimated your strength, Toa.” Mirai said. “I could tell the moment our blades met.” Agri said. “You really are Dai’s apprentice.” Mirai said, sheathing his damaged blade, “Until we meet again, Toa Agri. Strong Agri.” “Yes, until that day, swordsman Mirai. After Dai, I’m coming for you!” Mirai smiled as he walked away, “I’m looking forward to dueling you again, and seeing your entire team fight me, Agri.” As Mirai departed, Agri could hear the engines of the Anverius X3 vehicles approaching. He turned around to see the entire team coming on their vehicles, dismounting and rushing over to him, covered in wounds. “What happened to you guys?” He questioned. “Cesare and some Anaroids and Batsuroids.” Hoji said, “We forced Cesare to flee, though. But what was that?” “A swordsman.” Agri replied, “It doesn’t really matter right now. All that matters is that we’re all alive and we stopped the attack.” “I guess so.” Rei said, “But we should have tried to win. Now they can return…” “Mirai won’t. He’s not like that.” Agri said. “Mirai?” Magis questioned. “The man I just fought. He’ll be waiting for the final battle. After Dai, I must fight him. As two swordsmen meeting in battle.” He looked at his shattered Blade Blaster sword, “After all, he’s strong just like I am. I can’t afford not to fight him again.”“I was a Dark Hunter. I was a woman with complicated morals, fighting against being a Toa. Now I’ve returned to my calling and have returned to being a proper Toa; keeping up with my beliefs from years ago, when I did change. Now, it’s time for me to do what only I can do. Next time: “Chapter 14: Magical Eri” The waves crash!”Review

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 14: Magical Eri “What can we do about Cesare?” Rei pondered with Hoji. “I don’t know.” The Toa of Fire replied, “He’s strong. Even when all five of us fought him, nothing. The four of us couldn’t do much better. If anything, we have to get him to abandon fighting for Bandiaca. We might not be able to defeat him to drive sense to him.” “You mean, he may be too strong to defeat in outright battle due to that Rouze Blade?” Rei questioned, shaking her head, “He’s strong…but not invincible.” “You know how good our team is.” Hoji said, “Yet we couldn’t kill Abare. He could do it so quickly with those powers. Even without them, he’s a powerful swordsman and fighter. We can’t defeat him while he uses his Rouze Blade; that’s a given. We might stand a chance if we can separate him from it.” “You used the word ‘might’.” Rei pointed out, “Where’s the Hoji that believes we could win any battle? Who always shows confidence in combat? Who leads us to victory?” “I’m being practical.” Hoji replied. “There’s a difference between being practical and being confident.” Rei asserted, “You need to be confident in the team; that we can win. Hoji; can you do that?” Hoji looked away, thinking about his response. Did he want to say that he wasn’t confident in being able to win? He wasn’t too confident that they could win a group battle against him. One-on-one, perhaps? That could work, Hoji figured, but who would be the one who could win such a fight against someone like Cesare? “Forget it.” Rei said, “He’s here.” She pointed outside the temple to the approaching Gorma, nodding solemnly to the two Toa. Eri was alone, with the exception of her opponent. He had gotten to the island without being noticed. That was likely because he didn’t have a squad of Anaroids with him. She pondered why it was becoming less common for these warriors to bring their mechanical footsoldiers along, but put it out of mind. Her opponent was a dangerous one, she knew that. She knew of the Junkers and the Eruo. This man was a Junker; clad in lime green and dark green armor. He had a black and lime green Kanohi that ended in fangs, while his chest was dark green. His lower legs and upper arms were dark green in armor, while his upper legs and lower arms were lime green. On his right arm he wore a large triple bladed green claw weapon coming up past his hand, while in his left hand, he held an upsidedown scythe. “As a Junker, you have the powers of Water; right?” Eri questioned. The man nodded, “Toa of Water against a Junker. This will be fun.” He said, gesturing with his right arm, pointing the claws at her, “But I will win. I am a Junker, after all.” “You really think that you can win just because of that?” She questioned, drawing her blade up. He nodded, “I do. We Junkers are a persecuted people; we have had so many hardships in our lives; had to fight for survival so many times. We have been forced to relocate our homes many times, and have been thrust into revolution against our brethren by our masters, the Rges. You, as a Toa, have had none of this.” “I was a Dark Hunter.” Eri replied, “My morals were compromised long ago; it was only recently that they became proper; a Toa’s. You see, I would have fought you, years ago, and just utterly destroyed you without caring. Now, I care, and I fight more cautiously.” She threw her weapon forward, landing it right next to him, the point in the ground, “But that doesn’t mean I don’t carry the burdens of the past with me, and use the anger at myself as a way to fight people like you.” “My name is Gosei.” He introduced, lifting his scythe in challenge, “I wanted you to know the name of your executioner. As decreed by ‘Forte’; your head is mine!” “You were sent by ‘Forte’?” Eri muttered, standing and waiting. Gosei nodded, “He dispatched me to kill you Toa in place of Cesare; though Cesare is here as well.” Gosei looked out to the ocean at Eri’s back, “Presumably fighting away from us. ‘Forte’ told me to not bother with Cesare, but do what damage I could before joining him and eliminating him as well. It may go against Mistress Bandiaca’s original wishes, but I’ll do it anyway, for ‘Forte’’s word.” Eri was shocked, “Cesare is here…?” Gosei nodded, “Now, your name, Toa.” “Eri.” She said, “Where is he?” “He’s at the quarry, most likely.” Gosei answered, “Why?” “Because the others cannot defeat him.” Eri said, “We as a team cannot defeat Cesare. You wouldn’t be able to, either.” “What? You haven’t even seen my abilities yet!” Gosei snapped. “I don’t need to.” She replied, “I know how good he is; I know you’re not good enough.” “Take that back!” Gosei snapped. “Look, Cesare’s strength comes from that sword of his; the Rouze Blade. He can draw many various powers from it and use them in new combinations, meaning almost anything can fall to him with relative ease, if he knows the combo to use. However, we’ve tried him twice. Both times have ended in failure. He’s just too good without those powers, and those powers make him even stronger. “There is no way for you or the five of us Toa to defeat Cesare. The only real way we can do anything is to change him.” “Change him?” Gosei questioned. Eri nodded, “And I’m the one who will have to do it. As a former Dark Hunter, I’m going to have to be the one to see Cesare and change him.” She threw her hand forward, “I don’t have time to waste on you. Come and get me so I can take you down!” Gosei’s eyes drifted to Eri’s sword right next to him. He ignored it and ran forward, drawing his claw up to strike. Eri stood there, waiting for him to get closer and closer, and then flicked her wrist. Out of the corner of Gosei’s eye, he could see the sword flying past him, hilt first. Eri grabbed it, and it was only then that he could see the Water wrapped around the hilt. By exerting her powers, she was able to draw it to herself due to that pre-placed element. It was a good plan; one that Gosei hadn’t expected to see. She shouted and drove her sword forward, impaling Gosei as he neared her. He opened his mouth in a silent scream of anguish, and then collapsed to his knees before Eri. She drew her sword from his chest and looked down at him, “Did you enjoy my trick?” She asked, “I knew you would fall for it. That’s the same reason you wouldn’t be able to defeat Cesare; you overlook things. You aren’t smart enough to plan ahead like this. You may have been a good Junker, but being Bandiaca’s slave robbed you of your intelligence, it seems.” “Curse you…” He muttered, barely alive. She shook her head, “I don’t have any more time to waste on you.” She said, “Now please, die with dignity and be silent.” She turned her weapon upside down, holding the hilt in both hands as she prepared to thrust it down. Gosei didn’t do anything; nor did Eri thrust. He was already dead. She hooked her weapon on her right hip, opposite of her Blade Blaster, and ran towards the quarry, where Cesare was believed to be. She would head to the temple first and get information from Gorma, if he was present, and also get her Anverius X3 for faster transport. Only I can stop Cesare. She thought as she ran. The others are all skilled; all very good combatants. But only I can get through to him. Only I can actually stop him and make him see his errors, as Helsrok showed me mine. Only I have gone through this and can make Cesare become a proper Toa again. It’s the only chance any of us have. We have to defeat him some way, or this island won’t survive against Bandiaca, with him as her enforcer. I must get there before the others fall; before he kills them. I have to show what I can do! Cesare looked at the wounded Toa around him. Fighting at the bottom of the quarry worked out; it was a good arena. There was nothing in the way. He was able, thus far, to defeat the four of them as they came at him. They were now attempting to fight him one at a time. One would attack, be defeated, fall back, and another would strike. Agri and Hoji were putting up the best fights so far with their swordsmanship, but Cesare was still better. “I should end this.” Cesare said, reaching his hand over to open his Rouze Blade, “Or…should I use my swordsmanship here?” “Just shut up.” Hoji hissed, resting his Blade Blaster on his shoulder. Agri ran forward, jumping at Cesare. He slammed his Blade Blaster down, but Cesare lifted his blade to parry. He kicked Agri back and span around, parrying the Topgaler, Magis’s scythe. He slid his blade up the scythe and slashed Magis across the chest, causing him to cry out, sparks flying from his chest, his armor darkening as he hit the ground. “My turn!” Cesare span around, the end of the Blade Blaster in his chest. He looked up into Hoji’s eyes. The Toa of Fire opened fire, blasting Cesare back, sparks flying off of his shield. He managed to lift his sword and parried the blasts into the ground. He ducked, rolled, and opened his blade, slashing two of the Rouze Cards. “Scope” “Blast” Cesare’s blade was glowing; energy focused at the tip. He drew his weapon back, a flash appearing over his Kanohi. A scope appeared over his right eye, giving him extra sight and details as he watched Hoji. An energy bolt flew forward from his blade, slamming it into Hoji, sending him flying back, sparks constantly flying from his armor from the blast. Cesare span around, parrying the strike from Rei’s Blade Blaster. He kicked Rei back and span around, parrying Agri’s strike and kicking him away. Soon, Eri was sliding down the quarry, running towards the combat. She drew her Blade Blaster and fired, towards Cesare’s feet. She didn’t want to harm him; she just wanted to keep him on edge, keep him ready and unharmed. She slid forward, putting her weapon on her hip. She looked at Cesare, who was looking back at her. Neither were striking; none of the other Toa were making any moves. “Cesare.” She said. “Eri, right?” He questioned. She nodded, “Yes; Toa Eri.” She replied, “Now…Cesare…why are you doing this? Why would you be fighting us? Why are you fighting for Bandiaca?” She demanded. “I joined Bandiaca so that I could gain more strength.” “More strength?” “By fighting you Toa Cyril.” Cesare answered. “You want to become stronger by fighting us?” Eri demanded, “Why? You could fight Bandiaca! She has many warriors; great strength! Some of her warriors were so difficult to kill, to defeat, they would have given you enough of a challenge!” “No.” Cesare said, “I didn’t want to fight them.” “Mindless as they are?” Eri questioned. “Mindless?” He hissed. “Bandiaca has a way of controlling her men, it seems.” Eri said, “They seem to lose control of themselves and become her puppets; her personal servants. Only some of them seem to have their free will. You do too. You know what’s going to happen to you, right?” “You think I’ll fall prey to Bandiaca?” He questioned. “Eventually.” “That will never happen.” “How do you know?” Eri questioned, “You don’t know how she does this! You don’t know how she bends people to her will! You’ll fall prey to her, eventually. You’ll fall prey to her since you don’t know what she does!” Cesare actually started to show some doubt in his own beliefs. He shook his head, “No. That won’t happen!” “Look, Cesare, I used to be a Dark Hunter.” Eri confessed, to the surprise of her team, who remained silent, “I had my morals compromised. Eventually, I found my way. I became a proper Toa again and am serving here as my repentance. Cesare; your morals are compromised right now; I can tell. You fight for Bandiaca so that you can grow stronger; fight for us! Fight against Bandiaca, at the least! Please, Cesare!” Cesare remained silent. He lifted his sword and raced forward, shouting as he ran. Eri ran forward, drawing her main sword. She slashed, meeting his blade, and spinning around behind him. They both span to face each other; slashing again, multiple times, but both parried each slash. The other Toa just watched as this battle occurred; somehow, Eri was keeping up against Cesare. She wasn’t faltering; she wasn’t slowing. They were both keeping up with each other. Eri was even getting faster, but forcing herself to slow down so as not to go faster and lose pace, for some reason. Maybe she believed that she couldn’t get a proper strike off. They both slashed again, stepping forward at each other. Eri lost her grip of her weapon. It flipped around, landing on the ground, blade in the ground at Cesare’s side. He span around to slash, but she leapt forward, rolled and drew her Blade Blaster, deploying the blade. She ran forward, slashing rapidly again, but neither got close enough to strike the other. They crossed swords, struggling to break through the other. They both drew their weapons back and slashed again and again, constantly parrying each other. Cesare kicked her back and leapt forward, causing Eri, off balance, to throw her weapon to her left hand and slash up to parry his strike. “Cesare, consider what I’ve said.” “I’m working for Bandiaca. That’s all. I will grow strong, and then move on before I lose myself to her.” He hissed. “You really think you will lose yourself?” Eri questioned, “Isn’t that a good enough reason to cut your ties with her now?” He was silent, giving her all the answers she needed. “I’m sorry, Cesare. Either learn what I’m trying to teach you…or else.” “What?” He demanded. She flexed her right hand, flicking her wrist. Her blade flew into her grip, with the spiked inside resting against Cesare’s left side. She held her weapon tightly in her grip, looking into his eyes. “You…” He hissed. “I warned you.” She said, pulling back as hard as she could. He cried out, sparks flying rapidly from his armor from the multiple points of impact striking his armor, digging into him, leaving jagged, black marks across his armor. He screamed out and fell to his knees. She flipped her blade back into her Blade Blaster, resting it at his forehead. The others stood, dumbfounded by this development. Did they want to cry out to Eri to shoot him? To kill him? Or were they in absolute shock that Eri had actually managed to bring down and best Cesare? Cesare muttered, “Are you going to kill me? You’ve beat me today, Eri.” “No.” She said, putting her Blade Blaster back to her hip. She hooked her blade to her other hip and walked away, leaving the others, “He’s going to leave.” She told them, “He’s been bested; he won’t attack again right now.” The others looked unsure, but followed Eri. After all, she had to have some good sense in her, seeing as they had pretty much the same morals, even if Cesare’s were now, and hers were in the past. Cesare remained on his knees for some time before finally getting up and leaving the island.“The most dangerous enemy? Is it Cesare? Is it ‘Forte’? I don’t know. This man; this foe, could easily be the most powerful, the most dangerous…the most deadly. Next time: “Chapter 15: Time and Again, Part 1” My turn!”Review

Chapter 15: Time and Again, Part 1 Cesare was in turmoil. Internally, he wasn’t quite sure what to do. Eri had bested him; she had also spoken to him and spared him. She had shared her darker past with him, sins that she would likely not want to relive or think about. She had been a member of the Dark Hunters; a killer by nature. She had even abandoned her Toa Code; her ways that came with her life. It was only thanks to another Dark Hunter that she had become better; that she had become a proper Toa once more. She had told this information to Cesare when they had fought each other. What Cesare was currently doing was almost like what she had done in the past. She had done it for security; so she knew she would have an actual life, even if it was one filled with killing and savagery. Cesare was siding with and fighting for Bandiaca for the sake of getting stronger; the sake of training himself against worthy opponents, such as the Toa Cyril. He was making the same mistakes; the same sins. Were they worth making? As Cesare sat against the wall of the cave, he glanced up to see ‘Forte’ looking at him. The mechanical warrior continued on and stood before Bandiaca, “If the Toa isn’t willing, I know who we can use.” “Who?” The witch questioned. “I need your permission before I send him.” ‘Forte’ said, “That should be all I need to tell you.” A smile came across Bandiaca’s face. When Cesare looked, he couldn’t tell if it was a smile to signify a good idea; of approval, or if it was a smile that represented contempt at the idea of using whoever this warrior was. But after a few moments, it was clearly a smile of a good idea. “Bring him here.” She said coolly. ‘Forte’ bowed and vanished out the entrance. In a few moments he returned with a warrior in tow. As Cesare watched them enter, he didn’t think much of this warrior. He had silver and gray armor, basic and unadorned, except for a crimson crystal inset in his chest. He had silver feet and legs, a gray and silver chest with more silver overlaying it, and gray arms and hands. He had a sleek, silver Kanohi mask or helmet, and carried a basic staff weapon that ended in two, large curved ribbed prongs.He didn’t look opposing, but he was one of the most dangerous of Bandiaca’s warriors. “Who is he?” Cesare questioned across the room to Bandiaca, “He doesn’t look very impressive to me.” “This is Geki.” Bandiaca said, “He is arguably my greatest warrior. He has the competency of one who has not given themselves to me, but is fully under my command, because he has.” She said, not informing Cesare of her Kanohi Zeyat which would rob one of their free will and make them her slaves. She didn’t tell him in case she would use it on him someday. It was as Eri had told him. He wouldn’t know how he would fall to her will. She wasn’t telling him. “What can Geki do?” Cesare questioned. “Permission to answer?” Geki asked Bandiaca. Bandiaca smiled at his ways. He was fully under her control, asking for permission for even the smallest of things; yet extremely deadly in battle, apparently. “Answer him.” Bandiaca told Geki. Geki nodded and turned to Cesare. He pointed with his left hand to the crimson crystal inset into his chest armor, “This is my greatest power. Only I can use it.” “Mind sharing what it is?” Cesare questioned. “It has no title or name. Its powers are all that matter.” Geki said, “It gives me the power to stop attacks, and…” Cesare whipped his arm forward, throwing an Ice dart forward. Geki was fast. His crystal shone for a split second and the attack seemed to reverse, right back into Cesare’s hand. When he looked up, energy was filling the gap of the prongs of Geki’s weapon. The energy flew forward and slammed into Cesare, taking him down. “It can allow me to stop attacks and reverse time for ten seconds.” He finished, “The potential energy of what could have happened – what was reversed – is then transferred into my weapon, allowing me to use destructive blasts of energy, as you experienced.” Cesare nodded. His entire chest shield was covered in black from the impact. “Good.” He muttered, “You are strong.” “As Mistress Bandiaca says.” He stated simply. Cesare didn’t like him. There was something off about him. When he was talking earlier he seemed to show signs of not being under Bandiaca’s control. Some of his word choices didn’t seem as static; they seemed to have at least some personality to them, even if only a little. Was her power not perfect? Could her will be overcome? Did Cesare have hope, should he fall prey to her? Or was Geki not controlled? Was she wrong? But how could she be? She obviously put them under her control, so how was it that she would have used her abilities, whatever they were, and never realized they didn’t work? It didn’t add up. Bandiaca was a very capable and competent woman. There was no way she would have noticed that her powers failed to work on him. He must have overcome it somehow, then. His mind must have eventually started to take back control. But did that mean that he was acting, now, or was it only slightly that he was regaining his control? No matter what the answer was, Cesare needed to know, for his own potential sake. Geki and his troop of Anaroids, numbering around sixty, along with around fifteen Batsuroids, stood at the shore of the island, having just been sent by Bandiaca’s powers. They made their move, heading into the island; the machines firing on things as they went, doing damage to the surroundings of the dystopian island with its perpetual gray sky. Geki watched as they destroyed whatever they could find and killed any Matoran they could find. Any who tried to flee, any who were pulled out of buildings through the destruction. None were spared of his attack. Soon Geki could hear sounds. Sounds that had to be the approach of the Anverius X3 vehicles that the Toa Cyril used. He could see their vehicles approaching and the Toa dismounting and rushing at him, ready to fight. The Toa of Fire threw his right arm forward, snapping his fingers, “The burning heart of passion! Toa Hoji!” The Toa of Earth brought both arms up, bringing them together and passing both in front of his chest and face in almost a full circle, turning his closed fists up and his blades out to the sides. He brought them to rest by his hips, bending his elbows there, “The overpowering strength of the ground! Toa Agri!” The Toa of Water held her right arm out, spinning her weapon around her hand. As she did this, she brought her other arm up, bending it underneath her outstretched right arm, bracing it as she lowered the weapon down, pointing the tip at the enemy forces, “The serene and soothing waves! Toa Eri!” The Toa of Air span around, throwing his arms out to the side, using his powers to send some leaves at his feet around his body. He reached his right hand up as he lowered his left, brushing his fingers across the forehead of his Kanohi. He cast his arm sideways after that, “The magnificent gale! Toa Magis!” The Toa of Lightning went last, sending both arms forward and making a circle with them in the air in front of her body, stopping when they reached each other again. A small spark danced between her hands, “The sizzling sensation of lightning! Toa Rei!”“Five Toa destined to rid this island of the accursed witch! We are the Toa Cyril!” They shouted as one.“Finally.” Geki said, lifting his weapon, “Come face me!” “Rei; take command.” Hoji said, staying back. “Why?” She questioned. “Cesare is likely to strike; as per usual.” He replied, “He’s kind of obvious; he attacks while he has another warrior attack at the same time somewhere else. Though it puzzles me; they don’t bring soldiers with them.” “Maybe Cesare isn’t involved today.” Eri said, “After my duel with him, he might be sitting it out.” “You really think he’s changed?” Agri questioned. “I believe he can change.” She replied. “I doubt that.” Magis said, “Once one way, always that way.” “I changed.” Eri told him sternly. Magis hated to admit that; he also hated to admit that he had changed as well as a Matoran. He hadn’t told them that, though. So he kept quiet. However, he didn’t believe that Cesare was capable of change. Agri lifted his knuckle weapons, “I’ll lead the charge through the machines to the commander. Rei?” She nodded, “Agri moves through first. I’ll go next, using my Lightning to keep the machines at bay. Eri, Magis, flank myself and Agri and cut down anything in the way so that we can reach the enemy.” They all raced forward to carry out the orders. Agri threw punch after punch, smashing through the Anaroids and a few Batsuroids who opposed him. Rei did a lot of damage by spreading out her Lightning, frying circuits and stunning machines. The other two managed to use their longer ranged weaponry to cut down enemies behind the paralyzed ones who were trying to get through. Hoji stood back and watched as they reached Geki. Agri leapt forward, shouting and throwing a punch. Geki smiled, his chest crystal flashed. Agri was thrown back. But no; he wasn’t. He was back where he had started from, as if he hadn’t jumped forward at all. He looked absolutely confused, along with the others at what had just happened. “I don’t know what you did, but I will not let it stand!” Agri shouted, racing forward again. But now he could see the energy charged between the tips of his foe’s weapon. As Geki threw it, Agri shook his head. “That won’t stop me!” He shouted, throwing his hand forward, bringing up a wall of Earth to take the shot. Only the others could see Geki’s crystal flash; Agri couldn’t, with the Earth wall in the way. The wall receded and Agri moved backwards, but not of his own accord. The energy bolt still flew forward, smashing into him, throwing him to the ground. “My turn.” Hoji said, approaching Geki, his Blade Blaster arm up, the weapon resting on his shoulder. He dropped his arm quickly, braced his right with his left, and opened fire. Geki threw the second energy bolt forward, using the energy from his second manipulation to strike quickly, overriding Hoji’s attack and taking the Toa of Fire down. He, like Agri, screamed in pain. Like Agri, his chest was burned black. “Hoji!” Rei shouted, throwing a blast of Lightning off of her hand, over his body, and at Geki. His crystal flashed again, sending time back and sending the Lightning back into Rei’s hand. She fired again, but once more, it was blocked. At the moment that it was sent back, Eri and Magis struck, now that they were finished with the Anaroids, and only a few Batsuroids were left. They released a Storm, lashing it out at the remaining machines and at Geki. Geki reversed their attack; but only the prong that shot in his direction. The Batsuroids still went down, ending the machine threat on this attack, but Geki remained safe. He threw both bolts of power. One smashed into the ground in front of Magis and Eri, using the rock fragments to send them flying back, while the other bolt struck Rei head on, taking her down. “You are all too weak.” Geki said simply, “My powers are so much stronger than yours.” Hoji lifted his Blade Blaster; only slightly. Not enough for Geki to notice. He pulled the trigger, taking a shot at the crystal. It reversed and the bolt smashed into Hoji, causing him to scream in absolute pain from his downed position. “You cannot defeat me.” Geki reiterated. “I can try.” Hoji hissed, swaying to his feet despite the pain, “I am the leader of the Toa Cyril! I am supposed to lead us to your defeat! I will see to it that you lose!” He screamed, throwing his right hand up. The Dragon Missile flew around above him, coming down to rest on his arm. He gripped the handle and pulled the trigger, shouting as the massive eruption of Fire raced forward towards Geki. “You don’t learn.” He said, reversing time again. But as soon as it happened, Hoji used his Blade Blaster in his free left hand, firing a single shot. Reversed again. “I am that fast.” Geki said to Hoji’s shocked face. He threw the double energy bolt forward, compressing them into one attack. It smashed into Hoji, sending him flying back, screaming in pain, much louder than before. His voice seemed as if it could pierce the sky; he hoped it would pierce the other Toa and bring them back to the fight. The moment he hit the ground, the others were getting up and joining him. They grouped together and presented their various weapons.Hoji put the Missile out. Magis put his Topgaler in, making it act as a leg for the Missile, while Eri put her weapon in to do the same. Rei lined it with daggers, providing some support or legs for it, while Agri finished by placing his knuckle weapons on as well to help support it. Hoji stood right behind it, throwing his right arm out over it. The others stood, two on each side of him, throwing their arms out. “Cyril Buster!” They shouted, unleashing the Elemental Power from their hands, into their Toa Tools and into the weapon as a whole. The immense burst of power flew forward at Geki. They could only hope that it had too much power that he wouldn’t be able to reverse it. He did, and they all had their arms out; just short of powering the weapon. It was still assembled, giving them a rough estimate of how far he could send them each time. Around five to ten seconds only. They all drew their Blade Blasters up and jumped to the sides as the energy bolt flew for them. They all hit the ground, rolled in various directions, and came up around Geki, encircling him. All of them poured massive amounts of Elemental Energy into their attacks, and each one fired an elemental bullet, crackling with the raw Elemental Energy. Geki’s crystal flashed again. Everything reversed back into their respective weapons, even from all sides. He span around, throwing his arm out, letting his staff trail around him. Energy shot out as a stream, diluted, but strong enough to take them all down as he completed his spin. The five Toa Cyril remained on the ground, unable to rise as Geki stood victorious. He looked at them all in turn, and then walked away. “Where are you going?” Hoji screamed, propping himself up on an elbow. Geki stopped and turned, speaking in what sounded like a monotone voice. No joy in victory, it seemed. “I’m returning to Mistress Bandiaca. I have a chance to kill you, but I don’t wish to take it. I have…other duties.” “What are you talking about?” Hoji screamed at him, “Duties higher than Bandiaca?” Geki nodded, “Yes. I have more important duties to attend to. Things that have to be rectified for the sake of a greater goal.” He said, heading away. Hoji shouted at him, but slumped back down in defeat.“What is it that we can do? Geki’s time warping ability is too great for us to handle! But we are Toa. We will pull through. Next time: “Chapter 16: Time and Again, Part 2” My turn!”Review

Chapter 16: Time and Again, Part 2 “What can we do, Turaga Gorma?” Hoji asked as his wounds were tended to by Eri, using her Water abilities to heal the entire team in turn. “An enemy who can reverse time to return attacks, and then use the energy that could have happened in order to attack…” Gorma muttered, shaking his head, “I’ve never heard of such a thing. How long was the reversal, did you say?” “Around ten seconds.” Agri stated, being the next to get healed after Eri finished with Hoji. “He could hit everything around him? In a circle?” Gorma questioned. “He could stop our attacks from all sides at once.” Rei confirmed. “What are you getting at?” Magis questioned Gorma. “I believe that if one of you attacks him, then he reverses that attack. From that point, as he prepares to launch an attack, one of you has to strike as fast as you can; a melee strike. It can’t be anything else; a blaster attack would get reversed; you saw that. Hit him hard and fast with a melee. If he reverses that, then another of you must strike, and so on.” “Unless he reverses us all at once as soon as we get close to him.” Magis said bitterly. “We can be fast enough.” Hoji said, “I know it.” “Why didn’t you finish them?” Bandiaca demanded of Geki. “My gem was weakening, Mistress Bandiaca.” Geki replied, “I cannot defeat someone of their caliber without my time powers.” “Then I shall improve your powers.” Bandiaca said, holding her staff out, “Geki; come to me.” He walked closer, standing before her. Power poured out of her staff, washing over Geki. His body was fully enveloped in the crimson, sparkling power that she released from herself. When the light faded, Geki stood. New. Transformed. Silver armor overlaying almost all of his gray; longer, more regal leg armor, a shimmering chest piece with the crimson inset crystal with lairs of silver; silver shoulder pieces, as well as arm pieces, and long, sweeping downward arm guards that doubled as weapons, in silver. He had silver wing-like pieces of armor on his back for limited flight as well as defense, wielding the same staff as prior to his transformation, as well as the same helm. Geki was transformed into a new, more powerful warrior; a new, greater form. One form that would be capable of eliminating the Cyril with ease. This time, he would win. “I would like to wait one day to see how my new powers feel on my body; if you permit it, Mistress Bandiaca.” Geki said. “Very well.” Bandiaca allowed, “But when you go into battle, remember, you are no longer Geki. From now on, you are Gekisou.” Gekisou nodded, “Understood, Mistress.” Cesare watched events transpire from another chamber; spying in through the wall, through a small hole he had made for himself. He wanted to see how things were progressing, and what he could learn about this mysterious Geki and his mental state. When he saw Geki transform into Gekisou, Cesare realized that Geki was lost. Surely Bandiaca would realize her control had been defeated, somehow, by using her powers on him. Surely that when her control went out to him now, she would feel her influence was very weak, if existent at all, on him. She never showed realization of anything. Cesare slid to the ground, shaking his head, wondering what he could possibly do. There were no real options anymore, as far as he could decide. If he stayed, he would likely lose himself. If he stayed, however, he would gain power, maybe even become something greater, just as Geki became Gekisou. But would it be worth it? Possibly losing himself for power? Possibly becoming a mindless puppet for power? Even if he could somehow regain himself, how? This was a great conundrum for him. Should he heed Eri’s advice and leave Bandiaca and her minions? That seemed to be the smartest thing he could do at this point. She didn’t know what else he could possibly do anymore. Siding with the others might be his best choice. If Gekisou was capable of killing the Cyril, then what was Cesare’s point? It was his job to eliminate them, but with this inner turmoil, he wasn’t facing them anymore. Would he be replaced? Enslaved? Or given free will and doing menial duties compared to his current standing? Cesare rose to his feet, fingering his Rouze Blade. Should he attack Gekisou? Eliminate him? Prove to Bandiaca that he is still her greatest warrior, and the man who would slay the Toa Cyril? Or was he better off fleeing to Cyril Nui? Fleeing to join the Toa Cyril or losing all hope? He knew that staying behind would be the worst thing he could do; he would lose all hope by staying behind. But yet, he had his pride and his principles. He couldn’t go to the Toa Cyril after all of the fights, after everything. He had stated that they were simply to make him stronger through fighting them. They knew that. How could he go to them? But what else could he do? “Is everyone clear on the plans?” Hoji questioned the others in the dead of night, after a rigorous few hours of training against a ten second timer. The others all nodded in agreement with him. When Geki returned, they would all be ready to defeat him. They now knew what they had to do to defeat the time manipulator. Gorma looked to all of them, “You’ve all taken what I’ve told you to heart. I know that. If you need assistance, then send a blast of Fire to the sky, and I will do what I can to support you.” “Support us?” Magis questioned, “You’ve never done anything of the sort in the past; you’re not a warrior anymore.” “This enemy is different.” Gorma said, “I know how to help, if you need me.” “We’ll take that to heart, Turaga.” Hoji told Gorma, nodding to show his thanks for the support that he would give. Even if it wasn’t much, it raised his spirits, at the least, to know that their mentor would be there for them. “Now, everyone, rest. Don’t worry about patrol this night.” Gorma said, “I will see to it. Just rest after the battle and training today. You all need it.” “Thank you, Turaga.” Hoji said, “But…” Agri put a hand on Hoji’s shoulder, “Rest. We need it. Don’t worry about the patrols; Gorma can handle it.” Rei nodded, “Hoji, just do what the Turaga has told us to do.” Hoji nodded, “Yeah, ok.” He watched as Turaga Gorma left the temple, “Well then; let’s rest. We don’t know when the enemy will return.” “Would you like any of my machines for this attack?” M’hou questioned Gekisou. The more powerful warrior shook his head, “No; I don’t need any. But yes; I would like some.” M’hou eyed him warily. He was seeing the mannerisms in the other man’s speech, much like how others had seen it in battle, and how Cesare had seen it when Geki had left the day before. M’hou thought nothing of it, after a moment, and nodded, “How many?” “Fifty Anaroids. Ten Batsuroids.” Gekisou answered, walking away, “I will move out on my own; have them sent after they are ready.” M’hou nodded, “Understood.” He said as Gekisou left the chamber. Cesare turned around a corner, “M’hou, did you notice it?” M’hou turned, surprised by Cesare standing there, “Notice what, Cesare?” “You are bound to Bandiaca’s will. You have your own personality, though. How is that?” Cesare questioned, instead of explaining. “I give everything for my Mistress, so she allows me to have some of my own self.” He replied. “And Geki?” Cesare questioned, “Was he like this? Had he had some of his own personality leftover?” “Most warriors do not; I am special.” M’hou said, “Some show their own personalities in small ways, but barely any. Geki was too dangerous, so he was completely overridden by Mistress’s powers. He has no such personality anymore.” “Then what was it that we just saw?” Cesare questioned, “His manners of speech time-to-time show some personality. At the least, they aren’t showing that he’s under complete control.” M’hou had to nod in agreement, “It certainly is curious. Perhaps when he gained that new form?” “No.” Cesare said, “I noticed before Bandiaca gave him that power; that new form. No. Something is definitely wrong here. I really don’t think that Geki, or Gekisou, whatever, is under Bandiaca’s control. I think he’s playing her. Playing us. Using us.” “For what purpose?” M’hou questioned, “I don’t see what point anything like that would serve.” “Neither do I.” Cesare said, shrugging, “But I’m determined to find out.” He turned to leave, but turned back, pointing to M’hou, “Don’t you dare tell anyone else about this conversation. Do you understand?” M’hou nodded, “Yes; I understand.” “Good.” Cesare said, walking out of the small laboratory. Gekisou set down; his wings retracting back to cover himself. He walked closer towards where he had fought the Toa the day before. There was a sizeable clearing there from the damage that had occurred. That would be where he would face them again. Both for nostalgia and for the arena it provided them. As soon as he arrived, he noticed a Turaga of Air. Gorma stood there, watching Gekisou, and then raised his hand to the sky, sending a small twisting ball of Air up to twist the clouds of the overcast skies. A signal. “What was that?” Gekisou demanded. He soon heard the sounds of the approaching Anverius X3 vehicles and saw the five Toa dismounting, surrounding him with weapons drawn. “Do you really think you can hold a chance against defeating me?” He demanded. “We will defeat you.” Hoji said, drawing his Blade Blaster up, “No matter what form you take, we will defeat you!” The others all raced forward at the same time as Hoji. Gekisou watched them all, turning around to keep an eye on each Toa. And then, Hoji, Eri and Agri stopped running. Rei leapt forward, changing her weapon and firing, while Magis slashed, sending a blade of Air rippling forward. Gekisou activated his powers. His crimson crystal flashed, reverting Rei’s blast and Magis’s strike back to them. He fired half of his bolt at Rei, the other half at Magis. It seemed that he had learned how to do so during his upgrade. As he was firing, Eri was racing forward as fast as she could. When Gekisou turned to strike Magis, he noticed her, but still fired on Magis. As she neared, she slid towards him, slashing at his chest. He reversed her, so Agri raced forward at his back, drawing his sword back for a strike. As Gekisou fired on Eri, Magis shouted, sending an Air blast. Gekisou reversed it and fired on Magis. Magis had taken such a shot to buy Agri some more time. As Gekisou turned finally to Agri, the Toa of Earth was upon him. He shouted and slashed down with both hands, using all of his strength in the attack, attempting to cleave the crystal in half, hopefully along with Gekisou himself. Gekisou lifted his left arm, parrying with the sloping armor coming off of his arm. He rammed the prongs of his staff into Agri, knocking him back, and then span around, slamming it into his head before drawing his arm back and ramming it forward again, sending Agri tumbling to the ground. Agri switched modes and fired. Gekisou reversed the attack and fired his energy bolt into Agri, taking him down. Hoji leapt up, coming down at Gekisou’s side. He span around, slashing at Gekisou’s back. The wing armor protected Bandiaca’s warrior from his attack. “You didn’t try to reverse me.” Hoji hissed. “You’re a good one, Toa.” Gekisou said, “I have no interest in taking you down that way. Not with this new form of mine.” Hoji was only buying time. Rei was coming up, lifting her weapon and firing from Gekisou’s side, aiming at the crystal. Gekisou span out of the way, letting Hoji take the hit and fall back, sparks flying from the darkened point of impact. Gekisou leapt forward, pinning Rei to the ground, an end of his staff at her throat, threatening to crush it. “Let me tell you something.” He hissed, “Your village? I caused that.” “You…” Rei muttered, trying to lift a hand to attack, but he held her wrist down with his foot. “Not me, per say.” Gekisou said, “My people. They were great experiments, by the way. It was unfortunate that we didn’t get you, a Toa, at the same time.” “Rei!” Hoji shouted. She screamed and threw her hand up, firing from her free left hand. Lightning sizzled around her palm, but he was already reversing it right back, blasting her at point blank with his destructive energy attack, keeping her down and in critical condition. Hoji raced forward, but Agri got up and took the charge instead. Hoji slowed and saw the others getting up, ready to use the strategy again. They were devoted; loyal. They were willing to risk themselves in such a needless way in order to try to take him down, all so Hoji would have another chance. They knew that he would have the best chance. After all, in his fight with Chouri, he had evaded point blank attacks and hammered him constantly with similar strikes. He was a professional in every sense of the word when it came to combat. The type of combat that they needed. As Hoji watched his comrades falling one by one, his anger built. He threw his hand to the sky and unleashed a blast of Fire. It provided a momentary distraction as Gekisou glanced to it, and it gave more meaning to Gorma, who was already standing there. It told Gorma that Hoji was truly accepting him as a man willing to do anything for the Toa he saw as his pupils. He pulled at his robes and pulled a sleek Kanohi mask out. He shouted and threw it to Hoji while Gekisou was distracted. Hoji took it and put it over his own Kanohi, taking on the power of this new mask of power. As Gekisou span to deal with Agri, slashing him with his energized staff, Hoji used the power of the mask. It was a Kualsi, Mask of Quick Travel. Hoji appeared right in front of Gekisou before the other man could do anything about it. And before he could act or reverse time, Hoji impaled him with his Blade Blaster, running the crystal through. “You’re done.” Hoji said, tearing his weapon free and spinning around, using the force of the spin to deliver more damage into his slash, cutting Gekisou to the ground, but only to one knee. As he looked up, the Blade Blaster was to his face in firearm mode, charging a Fire blast. Hoji fired, throwing Gekisou down the street. He fired down another street without looking, pouring most of his power into a single blast that wiped out the oncoming machine forces. Hoji refused to collapse despite his weakness. He stood and watched Gekisou burning, his armor sparking from all of the damage. He threw his hands up, dropping his staff, “Long live the Foundation!” He screamed, collapsing, the flames consuming his body and killing him. “Foundation?” Hoji muttered. He glanced to the side, seeing Eri healing Rei. He would be sure to inform her after she awoke. She might know more about the fate of her people than she thought, if she knew about his group and what Gekisou said. Hoji then fell to his knees, and then the ground, ready to rest from this fight.“Is it time? Is it time for me to make a choice? But what do I decide to do? Do I fight for justice? For myself? What choice do I make? Next time: “Chapter 17: Choices” Here I go.”Review

Chapter 17: Choices “Gekisou fell…” Bandiaca muttered, shaking her head. She slammed the end of her staff into the ground, causing M’hou to jump at the shock of the sharp sound, “Now who do I have?” She shouted, “I’ve lost my most powerful warrior!” “How could those time powers possibly lose?” M’hou said, voicing the same question as Bandiaca. “Whatever caused it to happen…those Toa have become a larger threat than I thought. I still have Dai and Mirai on my side. That’s the upside.” “They aren’t under your command, unlike Geki was, though.” M’hou said. “They still loyally fight for me.” Bandiaca told him, “They will work.” “Shall I get them for you, Mistress Bandiaca?” M’hou questioned. She shook her head, “No. Actually, I want you to get someone else for me.” “Who?” M’hou questioned. “Cesare.” She said, walking out of his workshop where they had spoken in secret for this point alone, “Bring him to the throne room under heavy guard. It’s time that he became mine.” She smiled grimly, “Mine under the command of my Kanohi Zeyat.” “As you wish.” M’hou said, watching Bandiaca depart. He began to get to work, arming the Anaroids and Batsuroids and give them his orders. As he went around, checking them and making sure that they were ready, he heard something. He turned around, finding himself with the tip of a blade in his face. “So, that’ show she does it.” Cesare told M’hou in a rather offhanded comment. “How long have you been here?” M’hou questioned in shock. “Long enough to hear about the Zeyat.” Cesare answered, “Now, M’hou, you’re going to do something for me. You’re going to send those machines in with me, but they’ll be under my command and no other’s. Then, you’re going to live. If not, I’ll kill you.” “What are you planning on doing?” M’hou questioned in fear. “I’m going to let it look like I’ve been captured. In reality, I’m going to turn on Bandiaca in her throne room, and use the machines along with my own power to strike her down. Bandiaca won’t last much longer, M’hou. If you comply, you get to live.” “I can’t let you.” He hissed. “Why?” “Because she is my Mistress! I am hers!” “Is this what the Zeyat does to you?” Cesare questioned, “It strips you of everything? It makes you a mindless servant with sparks of your own personality, but makes you do anything for the person whom you are bound to?” “That is what it does.” M’hou said, “I am Mistress Bandiaca’s precious servant. I will not allow you to lay a finger on her!” “Then you’re going to die.” Cesare said coldly, “And I’ll kill her without the distraction of your machines.” His sword was lowered by the tip of another, black sword. He glanced to his side, seeing Dai standing there. The warrior with the reptilian helm looked coldly into his eyes, speaking in a simple tone, “So, you plan on eliminating Bandiaca? I may not be her slave, but I will still protect her.” “Then I’ll cut you down as well.” Cesare hissed, throwing his left arm at his foe’s throat, forming an Ice blade. He was nearly there, nearly ready to kill Dai, when another sword blocked him. Mirai stood behind Cesare, holding his sword out. He withdrew his sword, sheathing it onto his arm shield again. He shook his head, “That’s not a good idea, Toa. We outmatch you.” Cesare leapt away from both of them, sliding his sword across the ground, leaving a rut in it. He lifted his sword, looking back and forth between the two enemy swordsmen whom opposed him. Both of them had hands on their swords; even if Mirai’s was in his shield. The three eyed each other. M’hou was too afraid to get his machines running, or to report to Bandiaca, or to do anything, other than just sit and watch what would happen. “What should I do?” M’hou questioned his two saviors. “I don’t know.” Dai replied, “You can do as you wish. Either flee, or stay and watch us eliminate Cesare.” “Mistress Bandiaca wants him alive! She wants to turn him!” M’hou pleaded, “Don’t kill him!” “We may have to. We’ll do our best to show constraint, though.” Mirai said, drawing his sword, the scraping of steel on steel being heard as he drew it away from his shield. Cesare smirked a cocky smirk, “You really think you two can handle someone like me?” He almost laughed. He was just trying to throw them off, even if he did believe that he could win. He wasn’t cocky by nature; he wanted to throw them off of his plan, though. “Your Rouze Cards are an issue.” Dai admitted, “We can get past them, though.” “Are you sure?” Cesare questioned, hitting the hole of his guard with his left hand, opening the guard to reveal his selection of Rouze Cards. He reached for one, but found himself unable to move and burning in pain. He glanced to Mirai, who had sheathed and redrawn. Electricity was racing up and down his blade. He had slashed and cast it off, striking Cesare, paralyzing him. That had to be it. “Your X-Force Rouze Cards aren’t going to help you.” Mirai said, approaching him, sword out and ready. Cesare cursed on the inside. He knew he could win if he could get at a Rouze Card. His muscles wouldn’t move; wouldn’t obey. He couldn’t, no matter what he tried to do. He couldn’t make his body function. As Mirai and Dai stood before him, he saw his chance. The electricity would wear off soon, especially if they had to handle him to drag him away. Then he would make his move, as long as he still held his weapon. Mirai put the flat of his sword to Cesare’s back while Dai put his sword in front of Cesare. Mirai’s sword prodded him on, somehow withdrawing enough to allow Cesare to work his legs, while Dai’s kept him in line and unable to escape from the front. As they walked out of the room and through the other connected passages, they neared the throne room. Soon Cesare could act. Soon he would have his chance. He would only have a split second, he guessed, but he knew where his desired Rouze Card sat. As they reached the throne room, various warriors looked up from what they were doing, watching the imprisoned Cesare being drawn towards Bandiaca, who sat with a pleased look on her face. She rose to her feet as they neared her, her eyes full of greed. “Is he paralyzed?” She questioned Mirai. The red and green armored swordsman nodded, “I had to.” “It’ll still work, even with the electricity.” She said, her mask glowing slightly. She approached, getting closer and closer, her power ready to reach out and envelope Cesare. His plan wasn’t working. He figured he would be free at this point. He didn’t think the electricity would still be paralyzing him. He didn’t know what to do anymore. As he could feel the energy of her Zeyat, he knew what he had to do. But was it that he was thinking, or was it the effects of the mask making him think differently? He didn’t know if he should listen to himself or not. He knew he had to do something. He still had his legs working. He knew that. He acted, no matter how foolish this move was going to be. He ducked forward, kicking back, knocking Mirai slightly back. He pulled his body erect and slammed his other knee into Dai, knocking him slightly back. He span around, leapt up, and gave a kick to Bandiaca’s chest, knocking her back. He rolled, thankful that his muscles were making him keep a grip on his sword so he still had it. He came to his feet and started to run while Bandiaca shouted orders. As Mirai, Dai, and other warriors from the chamber raced after him, Bandiaca rose and lifted her staff. Power began to generate in the crystal and then lashed out, coming to encircle Cesare. He could feel his arms moving. He drew one of his Rouze Cards and swiped it, listening to the voice of his sword ringing out. “Blast” He drew his sword back and thrust it forward with a shout. An energy pulse raced forward, smashing into the warriors rushing after him, taking most of them down. He hit his hole again, opening the guard and gripping another Rouze Card. He swiped it and raced forward. “Double” He and his doppelganger raced into battle, slashing quickly at their foes who still stood. They neared Mirai and Dai, who stood back to guard Bandiaca as her energy projections attempted to encircle Cesare. He stopped and rolled back. His doppelganger took Dai’s slash and fell into the energy, being encircled and trapped. He had taken too much damage, however, and vanished, taking the spell with him. “You’re a witch.” Cesare said, “I don’t know how to fight you. I’ll fight you how I always fight, then.” He rose and drew three cards, swiping them all in turn. “Lightning” “Drill” “Slash” He drew his sword back into both hands, bending his knees and getting into a lower stance. Lightning raced up his weapon, and then began to spiral around like a drill. He raced forward, the drill-blade extending with Slash’s ability. He leapt forward, swinging his weapon out. Both swordsman attempted to parry, but the drill stopped their parries with the spiraling power, taking them both down. They rolled into the far wall. Cesare landed from his jump and raced forward, swiping two more. “Mach” “Slash” He took his blade in both hands again. He vanished, using such speed that he couldn’t be seen. His sword developed a large energy projection behind it, ready to cut his foe down. He shot at Bandiaca from her left side, ready to end it in one move. He reached her and stopped. She had protected herself with a barrier of some sort from her staff. She glanced to him. Her crystal flashed again. Pure power flashed out from the bubble shield around her, smashing into Cesare, encircling him on all sides. He cried out as he was lifted into the air, his body continually hammered. He screamed out as he was dropped, hitting the ground hard. He continued to writhe around on the ground in pain, his organics under his armor burning with great intensity. “You underestimate my powers as a witch.” Bandiaca told him simply, leveling the tip of her staff at him. The crimson crystal was touching his chest shield. He could feel heat resonating from it as she prepared to use some other attack, no doubt. His body began to burn. He screamed as she infused him with a Fire attack of some sort. He couldn’t move; she was keeping him pinned with the staff on his throat. He couldn’t lift his arm to use his sword due to the pain. He was in big trouble. If he couldn’t fight back, then what? He couldn’t do anything to attempt to stop her. Was this his fate? To have defeated her warriors? To have attacked and lost to her? To be on the ground, defenseless, as she stripped him of his free will? He wouldn’t let it end this way. He wouldn’t allow her to do this. “I refuse!” He screamed. “What?” She questioned. “I refuse to give myself up to your power. I refuse to allow you to control me!” He screamed at her. He triggered the power of his Kanohi Hemhem, Mask of Power Scream. His voice became amplified with massive force. When he opened his mouth again, a blast of Power Scream slammed into Bandiaca, throwing her across the chamber. He struggled up to his knees and then to his feet. He looked to Mirai and Dai as they approached him, their swords ready. He drew up his sword and looked between the two of them, and then at Bandiaca as she got back up. Now ‘Forte’ had entered the room, holding his blade out. “I can finally do this.” He hissed to Cesare, “I can finally take you out!” “Try me.” Cesare hissed. ‘Forte’ shot forward on his leg jets. He shouted and swung his sword back, swinging it forward with great strength as he reached Cesare. Cesare lifted to parry and then stepped through, spinning around and slashing at ‘Forte’’s back, but the mechanical warrior whipped his sword up to parry the attack. “You’re good.” Cesare hissed. “As are you.” ‘Forte’ said, hating to admit it. The two slashed, sliding back and away from each other. They both got ready for one final strike. ‘Forte’ ran forward, leaping up and using his jets. He shot down for his massive speed and drop attack, ready to cut Cesare down. Cesare swung his sword back, grabbing and swiping two Rouze Cards. “Fire” “Slash” He shouted and swung his sword up. The flaming, energized blade slashed past ‘Forte’s sword. The flames continued on, energized by the power of the Slash Rouze Card. The attack struck at ‘Forte’, taking him down, causing him to completely collapse, unable to get back up. Cesare sheathed his sword on his side and started to run. He couldn’t let them get at him; they couldn’t let them stop him yet. Cesare was unopposed as he reached the edge of the cave system. He looked back, but there were no pursuers. He couldn’t see any of Bandiaca’s magic flying after him. He looked out at the sea, at Cyril Nui in the distance, at the towers rising up ominously from the island itself. How was he going to get there? He hit the hole on his weapon and drew a Rouze Card, slashing it. “Float” He began to hover and then decided to grab another, to get away faster. “Mach” As the energy returned to his Rouze Blade, he shot away from Bandiaca’s fortification. He was sure that the Toa Cyril knew where she was hiding; but he would tell them anyway, now that he had decided that they were his calling; what he had to do, where he had to go. As he flew off, Bandiaca stood, watching. She wasn’t sure if she could capture him with a spell at this point; he was too fast and too far away. “Come to me, Seijuu.” She hissed. A mechanical figure approached; one of M’hou’s machines. Seijuu. He was designed to hunt anyone whom Bandiaca wanted hunted down. Now, she wanted to have Ceasre hunted down. She still desired him as her servant. Seijuu was a silver, black and gray armored machine. It had silver legs with some black, and gray feet. It had gray and black arms with a little sleek, silver overlay on the upper arms. It had a black chest with silver overlay, giving it bulk and proper armor. It had a silver, elongated head, storing data in its AI brain. For weaponry, in its right hand it held an elongated crimson and black claw-like blade, while it held a spiked red and white sword with the point facing the ground in its left hand. “Orders?” It said in a mechanical voice. “Bring me Cesare.” She hissed, raising her staff, sending Seijuu and the awaiting squad of Anaroids and Batsuroids to the island.“It’s time for me to face my fate. It’s time for us to accept you; but only if we all will have you. Next time: “Chapter 18: Toa Cyril United” Here I go. My turn!”Review

Chapter 18: Toa Cyril United Cesare hit the ground. Hard. He picked himself up and looked around, but he didn’t see anyone. He recalled that most Matoran were in constant work due to the nature of the island. He figured that was why he was alone as he landed. He ran from the shore. He had to locate the Toa Cyril, explain the situation to them, and warn them that Bandiaca would likely send a more powerful attack soon. He had changed; he had made up his mind, thanks to help from Eri and her words. He was going to join the Toa Cyril, if they would have him. As he ran, he saw some Matoran up ahead, leaving their monotonous jobs. They looked up and saw him, shouting and calling for help. Cesare put his hands up, trying to get them to stop, but they wouldn’t. Their voices carried around the next few blocks, without anyone to absorb the sound with their bodies. Cesare cursed and looked around. He could hear the sounds of a vehicle approaching. As it turned the corner, he saw Toa Magis riding at him on his Anverius X3 vehicle. He leapt off and threw his hand out, taking his Topgaler in his free right hand. His left hand used his Air powers; slowing the vehicle with a buffer of wind. He landed and propelled himself forward, bending the Air and wind around his body to carry him faster towards Cesare, spinning his scythe, readying an attack. Cesare held his hands up, “You don’t understand! I’m being hunted! Bandiaca is after me, and I’m here to join you Toa!” Magis slashed his weapon, sending a blast of Air to throw Cesare to the ground. He landed next to the downed Toa of Ice, holding his scythe to Cesare’s throat, “Likely story. But you are wounded; I give you points for trying.” “I betrayed Bandiaca!” He shouted at Magis, “She had her men attack me! I barely got out alive! They’re no doubt coming after me as we speak. Look; you have to get the others and tell them that! You have to tell them that I’ve changed sides, thanks to Eri!” “You’re trying to manipulate us.” Magis said, “I have no doubt about that.” “I’m not trying to manipulate you!” “Am I supposed to believe that you just suddenly changed?” Magis questioned. “Yes! And I’ve been at conflict with myself for days now, ever since I was defeated by Eri. When Bandiaca sent Geki after you guys, I was in constant turmoil with myself. It’s only now that I defected.” “Why?” That word cut through Cesare. If he told Magis the truth – that Bandiaca had just planned to take his mind and make him her servant – would he believe Cesare? Or would he think that Cesare was only trying to save himself? Cesare would think that, if their positions were reversed. “Just please, get the others! I need to speak to Hoji!” “You’ll speak to me.” Magis said. Magis shot his head up. Cesare looked back as well. He could hear the mechanical, rhythmic footsteps as the Anaroids and Batsuroids approached, all of them aiming their swords and firearm functions at the two Toa. They opened fire from the guards of their weapons, forcing Magis to create a bubble of high speed wind around the two of them to protect them. “Look, I’m going to cut them down. You’re staying put in here.” Magis growled, leaping through the wind, unharmed by his own powers. Cesare reached out, but withdrew his hand quickly as his armor was cut up by the spinning wind. He watched Magis dodge side to side with relative ease. Magis span around, slashing wind blades from his scythe, cutting down a few Anaroids, but not enough to make it any easier. They abandoned firing and raced at him, slashing at him. Even when he brought up his Blade Blaster in his left hand, the two weapons weren’t enough to parry or stop every attack. Magis cried out multiple times. He would take slashes, have sparks fly and dark marks form over his armor from the impact. And then he would be shot, taking even more injuries and falling back. He continued to fight alone, too proud or stubborn to call for the others. No. Cesare realized why Magis was doing this. To him, Cesare was an enemy. He was showing strength before the enemy, for what he believed was a plan of attack. He believed Cesare was trying to fake his defection, and just lead a troop through the city. Magis wanted to prove his strength, on his own, since Eri already had. Magis was just proud. That was it, Cesare figured. As Magis continued to fight, Cesare opened the guard of his sword, looking at his Rouze Cards. He drew one and swiped it through his blade. “Air” His sword started to glow and generate its own Air powers. He held up his weapon, figuring he could use the stored powers to create a similar bubble, but spin it in the opposite direction to cancel Magis’s out. But that might be too dangerous; he might fail and just hurt himself. No. He released it, and then drew on the powers of his card; summoning Air to his blade. Since Magis’s was already active, he took that, dropping the bubble by drawing it into his sword. He ran forward, shouting to get their attention. Magis flipped away from the slash of one of the Anaroids and slashed at a Batrusoid, but the superior machine parried. Magis kicked it back and span around, slashing it in the chest with his scythe, getting around its defense with the curved weapon. Cesare slid forward and slashed his sword out, sending the Air blast rippling forward. It tore through a handful of machines, dropping the attack numbers, but also making them focus on him at this point, for his insolence. As the two continued to fight, Cesare saw a new figure approaching. It was a machine warrior of M’hou’s. Clad in silver, black and gray armor. It lifted its elongated red and black weapon, focusing the claw-like tip at Cesare. A blast of energy tore from it, flying forward. As Cesare prepared to slash it down, it span and elongated, becoming a net. It wrapped around Cesare, taking him down, causing him to scream in pain as his energy was painfully sapped away. Seijuu approached, and then looked to Magis, who turned and fired with his Blade Blaster, having switched modes on it. Seijuu parried with the sword it held point down in its left hand, and then slashed that sword up, firing the spikes out, impaling them into Magis’s chest armor, taking him down with a scream of pain. The cords connected to the spikes withdrew, bringing Magis in closer to Seijuu, as the net also retracted, thanks to the machine’s other weapon. Soon, however, more sounds were heard. The other four Toa arrived, all of them utilizing their Blade Blasters. They all moved in, opening fire on the remaining grunts. Hoji walked slowly towards Seijuu, holding his weapon at his right shoulder, tapping it against his shoulder twice before stopping. He put his left arm up, bracing his right forearm as he prepared to lower the firearm. “My turn.” He said, leaping forward and rolling, coming up to his knees, opening fire. The blasts struck Seijuu, but the machine only stumbled back. Hoji’s shots alone weren’t enough. Rei raced towards him and leapt off of his back, adding her firepower to his from above. Both of them focused on the same piece of armor, and then fired one final shot of their powers. An energy bolt infused with Fire, and one with Lightning flew forward, smashing into the same spot at the same time. Rei landed and span around, nodding to Hoji. He raced forward and stood beside her, both of them readying their swords. As the dust from their explosive attacks settled, they saw that Seijuu was in pieces. The two looked over them, before both of them realized it. “These are too perfect.” Rei said. “Move!” Hoji snapped. The parts all came back together, reforming Seijuu. It leapt forward, pulling the spikes out of Magis’s body so it could use its sword again. It slashed the elongated weapon with the claw lining up Rei’s chest, knocking her back with a cry; sparks flew, and her armor became darker. Hoji slashed, but it was parried by the upswing of the other sword. Seijuu pushed back and knocked Hoji’s sword away. Seijuu slashed the spike weapon up, taking Hoji down in one blow, causing him to spark and his armor to darken. Both Toa rolled away. They looked to Magis, who was struggling to get up as well. Agri and Eri were rushing to join them, having just dispatched the last of the machines. Both of them used their normal weapons and raced forward. Agri slid forward, manipulating the ground under his feet to slide him faster towards the enemy. He threw a series of rapid, powerful punches into Seijuu’s chest, knocking the machine back, denting the chest armor. Eri leapt forward, slashing rapidly as she came down, and then span around and plunged her weapon under her arm, striking Seijuu, but not doing much damage. The machine backed away from them and lifted its claw weapon again. Energy once more began to focus there. Cesare shouted to them to be careful, but they got the gist of it, based on the Toa of Ice’s condition. As the attack came, Agri used his powers to raise a wall of Earth to stop it. The wall was destroyed on the blunt impact. Eri leapt over and threw her weapon forward, digging it into Seijuu’s chest armor. She drew her firearm and fired into the machine’s head, but could only knock it back a few times. Agri leapt forward, pummeling it with his strength. He shouted and looked back to Eri, who nodded. He punched hard enough to lodge his right knuckle into Seijuu’s chest, and then grabbed the hilt of Eri’s sword, pulling it free. He imbedded his other knuckle with a punch, and drew his Blade Blaster. He used his dual swords to slash away at Seijuu, using his sword style – which was one sword – and modified it for his dual strikes. After all of his exertion, all of his precision and expert strikes, Seijuu still wouldn’t go down. It just would not stop. He ran forward, slashing back, taking Agri down with a shout. Eri leapt at Seijuu, blasting the machine with high intensity bursts of Water, but it didn’t work. “It’s too strong.” Agri muttered to her, “Even for me. Look how deep my blows are!” “The AI must be more than it seems.” Eri said, “It must be smart enough that it knows it can take blows, and reform.” “Then we’re dealing with a smart machine?” Agri questioned. “Possibly. Or, possibly, it just has orders that it can take blows. But that still requires thinking; to dodge or take it. It’s smart, no doubt. It also arguably has control over its rebuilding ability. We have to destroy the AI and the body, I’m sure. Even without the AI, it may be programmed to rebuild on its own.” “Maybe.” Agri said, “But what can we do?” Eri blasted Water to keep Seijuu at bay, and then looked to Cesare, “We need him.” She said, racing to him. She crouched, “You changed your mind and allegiance.” She said, getting to work quickly on his energy prison. “Perceptive; yes.” He replied, “Thanks to you.” She gave him a brief smile, “Look; we can talk later. Right now we have to deal with this machine. I think you, with all of your powers, could deal with it, can you not?” “I can.” He replied, “I think.” “Let’s hope.” She replied, peeling the thick, solidified energy away from him. He crawled to his feet, thankful that there was an apparent flaw in the capture technology of Seijuu. He lifted his Rouze Blade and hit the center of the guard, opening it and snatching a card. He slashed it through and raced forward. “Drill” An energy drill formed around the tip of his sword. As he closed the gap, he shouted and plunged, tearing it through Seijuu’s chest, but the machine didn’t fall. It slashed him, throwing him aside, tearing the sword out in the process. Cesare rolled to join the others, “This thing is tough.” He muttered, “I see why you guys are having trouble, even with more than one of you fighting at once.” “We need unity.” Hoji said, “The Toa Cyril need to stand united!” He threw his hand to the sky, sending out a silent signal. The others got up and opened fire on Seijuu, just trying to buy time. But as the Dragon Missile came down, they all lined up. Hoji threw his right arm forward, snapping his fingers, “The burning heart of passion! Toa Hoji!” Agri brought both arms up, bringing them together and passing both in front of his chest and face in almost a full circle, turning his closed fists up. He brought them to rest by his hips, bending his elbows there, “The overpowering strength of the ground! Toa Agri!” Eri held her right arm out, spinning her weapon around her hand. As she did this, she brought her other arm up, bending it underneath her outstretched right arm, bracing it as she lowered the weapon down, pointing the tip at Seijuu, “The serene and soothing waves! Toa Eri!” Magis span around, throwing his arms out to the side, using his powers to send some leaves at his feet around his body. He reached his right hand up as he lowered his left, brushing his fingers across the forehead of his Kanohi. He cast his arm sideways after that, “The magnificent gale! Toa Magis!” Rei went last, sending both arms forward and making a circle with them in the air in front of her body, stopping when they reached each other again. A small spark danced between her hands, “The sizzling sensation of lightning! Toa Rei!” Eri’s Water lashed out, gripping the weapons sticking in Seijuu’s chest. She used her control, bringing the weapons back to their owners; arming the Toa Cyril again. They started to combine their weapons. Hoji put the Missile out. Magis put his Topgaler in, making it act as a leg for the Missile, while Eri put her weapon in to do the same. Rei lined it with daggers, providing some support or legs for it, while Agri finished by placing his knuckle weapons on as well to help support it. Hoji stood right behind it, throwing his right arm out over it. The others stood, two on each side of him, throwing their arms out. “Five Toa destined to rid this island of the accursed witch! We are the Toa Cyril!” They shouted as one. Cesare stood next to them and crouched down, removing the guard from his sword. He rammed the blade into the leg that was the Topgaler, and the guard onto Eri’s sword. He crouched beside it, throwing his arm towards the Cyril Buster. “Cyril Buster!” The six Toa screamed, unleashing their powers. The power focused at the guard and the tip of the Rouze Blade, as well as the tip of the Dragon Missile. The powers flowed into one and fired, carrying the powers of Cesare’s Rouze Cards along with his Ice powers. The attack smashed into Seijuu, reducing the machine to nothing. Hoji looked to the faces of his teammates. They all knew what the point of him looking to them was. None of them shook their heads; they only nodded. Magis did begrudgingly so; being the last to nod. Hoji looked to Cesare as the Toa reclaimed their weapons. He bent down and put his blade back together and holstered it on his hip. He looked to Hoji in question. “Five Toa destined to rid this island of the accursed witch. We are the Toa Cyril.” He said, but then shook his head, “No. Now, we are six Toa now one, determined to destroy the evils plaguing this island. We are the Toa Cyril!” Cesare nodded and bumped fists with Hoji; now a member of the Toa Cyril. He looked to the others. Eri smiled for him, nodding approvingly. Rei nodded with approval as well, showing a slight smile of joy. Agri nodded once; the point was simple to get across. Finally, Magis shook his head, sighed, and held his fist out. “Yeah.” Magis muttered. Cesare bumped his fist as well, truly knowing he was now a Toa Cyril.“It’s time to decide if we will take him, or leave him. Yes, we should take him on as our comrade. We need the power to defeat Bandiaca; we need his power if we want to be able to save the Matoran. Or do we? I don’t believe we do. Next time: “Chapter 19: Bonds of Unity” Feel the Magnificent Gale!”Review

Chapter 19: Bonds of Unity “With recent developments, ‘Forte’, you are now going to be leading the force that I shall create for our endgame.” Bandiaca told her right hand warrior as she sat in her throne; he stood beside her. “Naturally.” He said, “There are no others worthy.” “You’re right.” She replied, “None whom I trust as highly as I trust you. Not even Dai and Mirai.” “They will be in the ranks?” ‘Forte’ questioned. She nodded, “Yes. They shall be in your unified ranks.” She replied, “I’ve had M’hou begin development on a grand army of Anaroids and Batsuroids, while getting everyone on our side together that we could. Our grand army shall storm Cyril Nui and conquer it. And then that traitor, Cesare, as well as the other Toa Cyril who survive will fall to my command. We will have an even stronger army, then.” “Where do we go from Cyril Nui?” ‘Forte’ questioned. “Anywhere.” She replied, “But we will hit every island nearby. With our army and my powers, we shall lay waste to all who stand before us. We shall conquer all lands. All islands, all domes, and soon, the entire universe will belong to me!” “All hail Bandiaca!” ‘Forte’ shouted, his voice carrying around the rooms of the cavern. Men in the other rooms began to shout the same, all of them praising Bandiaca, all of them willing to give their lives to her campaign. Cesare sat in the temple, looking around with curiosity at the base of the Toa Cyril. He looked to Agri, who sat opposite of him, watching him. “You haven’t said anything yet.” Agri said. “This is the first you’ve spoken as well.” Cesare said simply. “You’re supposed to talk.” Agri said, “You’re supposed to tell us all about why you joined us. About why you abandoned Bandiaca’s forces.” “I know. Tell you all in turn, see if you all trust me, and then, even though I am a Toa Cyril, my ultimate fate will be decided from there.” Cesare said, “But I have nothing to say.” “Just talk.” Agri growled. “Impatient?” “A little.” “Fine.” Cesare said, “When Eri defeated me in battle, she made me reconsider myself, since we were similar. I listened to her words and took them to heart; saw the similarities in our positions; mine now, hers in the past. After learning more about Bandiaca when she sent out Geki, I…” “Learning more?” Agri questioned, cutting him off. “I learned more about her mind control, or whatever you want to call it.” Cesare clarified. “I’m willing to bet you abandoned Bandiaca because you didn’t want to lose your free will. Is that right?” Agri questioned, “You already knew; you must have learned something pertinent, didn’t you? Were you going to be next? Don’t lie to me, Cesare.” Cesare answered quickly and simply, “Yes; I did learn she had plans to take me.” “You’re admitting it.” Agri said, nodding, “You left because you wanted to be free…” “And because of Eri’s words.” Cesare defended. “But primarily to keep your own mind, correct?” “Yes, but…” Agri rose to his feet, “I’m done here. I’ve learned your story; I’ll send the next Toa in.” He said. As it turned out, it happened to be Eri. “I don’t care about that.” Eri told Cesare in regards to his leaving Bandiaca when she was going to turn on him, “I don’t care that you did it to preserve yourself. I’m not viewing that as a selfish desire to save yourself. I can relate to that; I joined the Dark Hunters for the same reason you joined Bandiaca, and we both left for similar reasons. “No matter what happens, Cesare, I’ll back you.” Eri told him. He smiled to her, “Thank you, Eri. You may be the only one I can fully trust here.” “You can trust Hoji.” “I know. But after my story, I don’t know.” Eri nodded, seeing his point. She rose to send the next Toa in. Rei walked in and sat down, listening to his story. She nodded, “You saved yourself so you could help us, because of Eri.” She said, “But, even if you had never spoken to her, would you have abandoned Bandiaca at this point, regardless?” “Yes.” Cesare answered, “I never wanted to lose my mind.” She nodded, “That’s understandable. But we wouldn’t have accepted you otherwise. I feel that we’re only accepting you because of Eri pushing you to do this.” “I was already at conflict with myself before I learned Bandiaca’s plans.” Cesare said. He then repeated it to Magis, who had the same answer as Rei. “How can we be certain? We have but your word.” Magis said, “And I don’t know if we can trust it.” “I saved you, Magis.” Cesare said. “I know.” He said bitterly. “Look; we have the same goal. To rid this island of the evils plaguing it; specifically, Bandiaca.” Magis and Hoji had the same answer. “But are you only here to rid this island of Bandiaca, or all of the evils?” Hoji questioned. “Right now, Bandiaca and her forces.” “Vengeance?” “I feel I have a duty. They are evil; I am a Toa. It’s clear cut what must happen.” Cesare said to Hoji. “You’re fighting Bandiaca for revenge.” Hoji said, “If you remain here, and something else happens, would you stay and fight?” “What?” “After Bandiaca, would you leave this island to go on your own?” Hoji questioned, “Or will you stay and fight alongside us?” “I’m a Toa Cyril already, aren’t I? I believe that’s your answer.” Cesare told him. Hoji nodded in approval, “But will you stay? Or will you eventually want to set out and train yourself again, as you have done in the past?” “I’ll stay.” Cesare said, “This is the only place for me right now.” “Are you certain?” Hoji questioned. “I am.” Cesare said. Hoji nodded, “My vote is with you, Cesare.” He said, rising, “Please, leave. We need to discuss this as a team, and with Turaga Gorma.” Cesare nodded in understanding. But as he was leaving, Hoji walked to a wall and called his name. When he looked back, Hoji threw him the strange object that he had hidden. Cesare looked at it closely,a nd then looked to Hoji, “What is it?” “I was hoping you might know.” Hoji replied, holding his hand out. Cesare threw it back so Hoji could put it away. Cesare shook his head, “Sorry.” He walked out to leave the Toa and Turaga to council amongst themselves. As he left, the others came in and sealed the door of the temple. Cesare sat down, looking at the waters around him, watching the slow moving liquid. “This is a depressing island if the water won’t even move very fast.” He muttered to himself, wondering what he was getting into as a Toa Cyril; if they would have him. Inside, the Toa and Turaga sat in a circle around a pit of sand that had been uncovered. Turaga Gorma said that it was an important part of this event, and that he had to respect old ceremonies. “I cast my lot with allowing Cesare to join us.” Hoji said. “As do I.” Eri said. She wished she could have spoke first, but it was tradition for the leader to do so. “I have to admit, so do I.” Agri said. Rei nodded, “I’m also with him joining us.” Magis didn’t say anything. Hoji looked to him, “Magis?” He looked at all of them, and then slowly he nodded, “Fine; let him join.” Gorma looked at all of them, and then drew five stones onto the sand. He put a sixth one out, “This is representative of Cesare.” He said, distancing it from the other five, “Those are you five.” “What’s the point of this?” Magis questioned rather impatiently. “Destiny will tell us what to do.” Gorma replied. They sat, watching the sands. Slowly, the Cesare stone fell. “I think that settles it.” Magis said, “He’s not one of us.” “Keep watching.” Gorma said, “It’s not over yet. If you five also fall, then it should mean that you will be one team.” They continued to watch, but the other five never fell. After three minutes of sitting, with Gorma keeping them in line, they saw the Cesare stone begin to slowly roll towards the others. It was a leveled surface; there was no way it could roll. “What is this trickery?” Magis questioned in shock of what they were seeing, but only he worded his shock. “These stones are made from special materials; special properties of melted down Telekinesis Kanohi masks. You see, they respond to the natural order that this circle brings. It is connected to the Three Virtues; the virtue of Destiny. The placement of this pit in response to other markings inside of this temple relate it as Destiny. Destiny and the stones, with their special properties, allows this to happen as you see it.” Gorma explained. They watched as the Cesare stone stopped at the five Toa Cyril Stones, and then, it rose back up, standing tall with the others. “You have to be controlling it!” Magis accused Gorma. “I’m not.” Gorma replied. “Magis, calm down.” Eri said, “Cesare is part of the team. Why are you fighting this?” “I don’t trust him.” Magis said, “I…after fighting him those times, I just can’t trust him. People don’t change.” “You did.” Gorma said. “What?” Eri questioned. “It’s between us.” Magis hissed to Gorma. Gorma ignored him and looked to everyone, “Remember when you all came to me? You all confessed things from your past? Magis told me a lot of his own past, a lot of his own story. He changed from a man who cared only for beauty…” “Nothing’s changed.” Agri put in, looking at the facts as they were presented, as he knew Magis was. “They have.” Gorma said, “He’s become a man in connection with nature.” “Quiet!” Magis snapped. “Those trees he took so many blows to protect? Trees mean a lot to him. When he switched with Kyuu? He protected the trees in the fight, hoping you would figure it out.” “Magis…” Rei started. “None of you ever noticed who I was.” Magis hissed, “You all see me as a man who cares only for myself, a man so vain he can’t stand for anything other than his own beauty. You’re all wrong! You can’t see who I really am, so how can I expect you all to see who Cesare is? I don’t trust him!” “You’re being like we are to you.” Eri told him, “We couldn’t see those attributes to your personality, and I at least apologize, but you’re being blind to Cesare’s changes!” “I’m being realistic. I changed, but say people don’t. I’m contradicting myself, yes.” Magis said, “But I don’t believe that someone like him can change; someone who essentially sold his soul to a powerful conqueror just to become stronger through fighting! He’s not someone we want on our team if he acts like this!” “I acted like that.” Eri said. “You changed!” “So did Cesare.” Eri shot back. “You’re also being a hypocrite.” Agri told Magis, “You changed.” “I know.” “I changed; he can too.” Eri said, “Look, Magis, between you and I, we make up a lot of Cesare and how he’s pertinent to this problem we’re facing about if we let him join us or not. You say people don’t change; you did. You say his reasons won’t let him change; I did, and we had the same reasons, more or less. Look, you already agreed to his joining the team when we dealt with Seijuu. You can’t turn back now, Magis! We need him!” “Eri is right.” Hoji said before Magis could say anything. The Toa of Fire looked into his eyes, “He is to be a part of this team. It seems Destiny has already ordained that. Accept it, Magis. We need you, and we need Cesare. We need you two to get along so we can continue on as a powerful team!” “Fine.” He muttered, unable to argue with Hoji, unable to argue with the facts, as much as he wanted to do so. Gorma walked towards the door, “I shall fetch Cesare, then.” As Gorma left, the others all got to their feet and stood, awaiting him. Magis just sat, looking at the sand circle, lost in his own thoughts. As Gorma returned with Cesare, they greeted him, telling him he was a part of their team, and that he would be accepted. However, Magis remained isolated, finally getting up and actually walking out, seemingly in a childish, silent fit. “Don’t worry about Magis.” Eri said, “He’ll come around and accept it soon enough.” Cesare nodded, “I hope he will. I don’t want to be the reason your team divides.” “Our team.” Hoji said, “You’re a part of our team now.” Magis soon returned and said, “Cesare!” The Toa of Ice turned in time to catch a Blade Blaster which Magis had retrieved from the area next door. Cesare looked to Magis, “Thank you.” He said simply. “If you’re a Toa Cyril, you need the Blade Blaster sidearm.” Magis said simply, walking to join the others. “Thank you for that, Magis.” Eri said. “He’s a part of the team; I had to show that. I may not like it, but I do have to accept it.” Magis replied. Gorma smiled and looked at the six Toa Cyril standing together. He nodded in approval, “Cesare, I know you will be a powerful Toa, a powerful fighting force added to the Toa Cyril. I hope that you all will be able to continue to protect this island, and be able to bring an end to Bandiaca’s attacks.” Explosions rocked the distance. One of the massive spires began to topple, coming down and crushing buildings beneath it. The Toa and Gorma ran outside, looking to the damage. They could see frightened Matoran running through the streets, their screams filling the air. They could see the forms of Anaroids and Batsuroids approaching, attacking everything and everyone. They could see various warriors leading the attacks. Some of them they had seen before; Mirai and Dai. A lot of new faces also filled the ranks. As they ran out, attacking whatever they could with their ranged attacks, they saw a dark cloud; one darker than usual. It drifted towards the island, and then, it was torn apart, revealing two figures wrapped in the blackness of it, standing there, floating in the air, watching over the island. Bandiaca and ‘Forte’. “Toa Cyril! Turaga of the island! Matoran of the island! Listen, and listen well! Cyril Nui is now mine!” She swept her arm out, her crimson crystal on her staff shining out, “Bow before me, and be spared! Oppose me and die!” Her voice carried around the island, carrying a signal of despair for all but the Toa Cyril; it was time to fight.“The time has come for our final battle. This will be it; the six of us Toa Cyril facing Bandiaca and her army. But with Mirai, Dai, ‘Forte’, and Bandiaca herself leading this attack, can we hope to win? We must! Next time: “Chapter 20: Defeat Bandiaca!” My turn!”Review

Chapter 20: Defeat Bandiaca! As the forces of Bandiaca raged unchecked through the streets of Cyril Nui, the Toa Cyril were getting to work. They gathered their weaponry, mounted on their Anverius X3 vehicles – with Cesare riding with Eri – and headed off into the battle. Hoji looked to the sky, watching as Bandiaca and ‘Forte’ set their cloud down, standing atop a rooftop. Bandiaca vanished, leaving ‘Forte’ there, where he started to lead men into battle. Hoji headed that way, deciding his fight was to be with ‘Forte’, for their past duels. This time he would make sure it would end his way. Agri drove through the streets, using his Blade Blaster to fire on as many machines as he could, sliding his vehicle to a stop when he encountered a block of Batsuroids in his way. He dismounted and extended his sword. “I’m ready.” “I sure hope you are.” Dai replied, walking out from behind the Batsuroids. He lifted his black sword up, facing the thin blade at Agri. “Your ‘Onyx Kardas’ will fall today.” Agri said, lifting his sword up into both hands, facing the tip at the tip of his foe’s sword. “Have at me.” Dai prodded. Eri and Cesare stopped firing when they reached a familiar looking swordsman. Mirai stood in their path, alone, without soldiers to back him. Cesare leapt off of the back of the vehicle. Eri disconnected her armor from the vehicle and stepped off, drawing her sword, just like Cesare. “You two…” Mirai said. He looked at Cesare, “This will be good. I’ll eliminate you this time, traitor.” “I’m no traitor. I’m just smart enough to abandon her when my morals come into conflict with her goals.” Cesare said. “I haven’t the morals that you do.” Mirai said, “I won’t abandon Bandiaca.” “What if she threatens to rob you of your mind?” Cesare shot at Mirai. Mirai shook his head, “I’ll kill her myself at that point.” He drew his left arm up and put his hand to the hilt. He drew it with a wide slash of his right arm, sending out a ringing of steel on steel as he drew, “Have at me!” Magis and Rei had since met up and dismounted. Various commanders and machines stood in their way. They looked to each other and nodded. Magis threw his hand out. Rei threw hers out a moment after he generated his Air powers, bringing a cyclone and throwing it forward. Lightning interlaced with it, sending the powerful electrified, spinning torrent of wind forward, crushing most of the resistance right there; using the electricity to hit at the machines. Three commanders with swords rushed forward. Magis ran forward, flipping over their heads and span around, slashing two across their backs. As the third turned to face him, Rei threw a dagger into his back, dropping the uninjured warrior, killing him. She ran forward, rolled under one’s attack while Magis killed the other by slitting his throat, and then she reclaimed her dagger from the corpse. She span around, slashing him across his neck, dropping him quickly. More machines were starting to come into the area. Rei put a dagger into the spots between each finger on both hands, and then looked to Magis, “Deal with the disabled ones; I’ll handle these.” “Destroy them.” Magis told her. “I will.” She replied, throwing her hands out. Lightning danced between the tips of her daggers and lashed out, blowing the squad away. Magis watched for a moment, and then went to his work of destroying the crippled machines. Hoji looked around the building where Bandiaca and ‘Forte’ had landed. He cursed and went out on foot, searching for ‘Forte’ and his squad, but couldn’t find them. He stopped and pressed himself against a wall. He glanced out, thankful to not see corpses as he had seen in some parts of the city. The Matoran were getting smarter and hiding, it seemed. Hoji spied some machines moving ahead. This was the back of the group, no doubt. Hoji walked out and crept forward, extending his sword. He slashed two of them quickly, cutting their heads off. When they dropped, three of them turned towards him. Hoji was swift, bringing up a blast of Fire, burning them through, dropping them as slag. The soldiers all turned to face him, but then slid away, revealing ‘Forte’ approaching the Toa of Fire. The cyborg warrior lifted his sword up, “I finally get to face you again.” He said. Hoji lifted his sword, “This time you won’t break my blade.” “We’ll see.” ‘Forte’ retorted, closing the distance. The tips of their outstretched swords now touched each other. They both waited to see who would make the first move of this duel. Hoji slapped ‘Forte’’s sword down, drew his back, and plunged with a shout. ‘Forte’ dodged back with his jets and flipped around in the air, spinning to get above Hoji, and then cutting his thrusters, dropping him. He shouted and slashed down with what would be enough force for a kill. Hoji shot his arm up, parrying with his blade, thankful it held. He pushed back and flipped his blade back up and the hilt down, making his firearm again. He opened fire, but ‘Forte’’s swordsmanship was good; he blocked everything as he raced in closer. Hoji rolled under his slash and span around, firing at his back. ‘Forte’ span around, parrying with his blade. He slashed it down and ran forward, taking the next shots to his chest, but nothing happened. His armor sparked a bit, but that was it. ‘Forte’ swung his sword in with a wide slash, slashing Hoji across the chest. The Toa of Fire cried out and was thrown into an Anaroid, taking it down. Sparks flew from Hoji’s armor even after the blow connected. His armor had a large black wound across it. Hoji pushed himself up to his feet. He swayed, but drew his sword up and ran forward with a shout. Agri span away from Dai’s slash. He drew his sword in and plunged it forward, but Dai dodged back. Dai slashed down, but Agri dodged to the side, span around, and slashed at Dai’s exposed side. Dai blocked the flat of the sword with the palm of his hand, pushing the blade back with minimal force. He drew his black sword back and plunged it forward, catching Agri in the chest with the tip, leaving a small mark, sending a few sparks out. Agri ran forward and rolled, coming up and pushing himself up with his left hand, throwing a kick out at Dai. Dai blocked with the palm of his hand. Agri finished his rotation to bring his sword up and slashed, catching Dai across the chest, knocking him back; sending sparks flying on impact and leaving a darkened trail. “That was an inventive move.” Dai said. Agri put the tip of his sword forward, “It may not be pure swordsmanship, but I will still use it. I will defeat you today!” “I wouldn’t count on that.” Dai said, holding his sword out in one hand, turning his body into what appeared to be a fencing stance, “You see, there is a day for the student to overcome and surpass the master. Today is not that day for you, Agri.” “When will that day come?” Agri questioned. “Never.” Dai said, “Because, in a battle such as this between student and teacher, it is a life and death struggle.” “You’re going to kill me?” “If you can’t defend yourself, then yes, you will die by my blade; by my hand.” Dai said, answering the question without having to say it. He couldn’t say it. He didn’t want to kill Agri, but if Agri couldn’t defend himself, then he would die by Dai’s hand. Cesare and Eri rolled away from the flaming sword that Mirai was using. He span around, using his arm mounted shield to block Eri’s slash, kicked her and span around, slashing Cesare’s sword into the ground with his own blade. The heat radiated up the Rouze Blade, into Cesare’s hands. Cesare ignored it and twisted his sword to the side, throwing as much momentum as he could into it, and drew it up to the side, freeing it. He slashed it with a high slash, coming down at Mirai’s head. “You’re open.” Mirai said, plunging for the kill blow. The sword came down much faster than it should have, slashing Mirai across the head and chest. He stumbled away, shaking his head, “What was that?” He shouted. Eri crouched behind him, her hand was out. Mirai reached up, touching the wound, feeling that it was wet. He span around to face Eri. “I put some water around the blade. When I used my Water powers, I threw all of my force into it, allowing it to come down faster.” He saw her lower hand, “A trail of water. He pushed, I pulled. Together, the blade came down with twice the speed.” “Creative.” Mirai said begrudgingly. Cesare opened his guard, drawing three Rouze Cards. Mirai kicked Eri when she wasn’t expecting it, span around, and lifted his shield just in time. “Fire” “Blast” “Slash” A compressed blast of Fire shot at Mirai. His shield absorbed the combination attack which became a shot of compressed energy. He threw his arm to the side and raced forward, slashing the Rouze Blade down and punching Cesare in the face, taking him down. “You are good, Cesare, so stop holding back!” Mirai ordered, holding his sword at the downed Toa of Ice, “I know about Recla Nui. I heard your story of how you defeated that Skakdi. I want to see your skill!” “So be it.” He said simply. He kicked Mirai and rolled aside, abandoning his sword by plunging it into the ground. As Mirai rushed him, he leapt back, kicked off of his sword, and used his awkward jump to confuse Mirai, while raising an Ice column to stand on and lift him higher. Mirai slashed the column in half with one slash and turned, watching a wall of Ice appear behind him. He span around, cleaving it in half, only to find another. Cesare dropped behind his column and held his hand out. Ice spikes formed in the wall, shooting out for Mirai. The swordsman rolled aside, letting them carry forward at Cesare. Cesare threw both arms out, reforming the spikes into a single wall. He span around, throwing his hand out, sending the wall sliding across the ground for Mirai. As Mirai cleaved it in half, and the halves crashed into two buildings, Cesare reclaimed his blade. He opened it and slashed three cards. “Lightning” “Kick” “Mach” He raced forward, his foot generating massive amounts of power. He span around, giving a quick spin kick, taking Mirai down with a shout of extreme pain. Mirai smashed into a wall from all of the force, and then remained down. “He’s worthy of life.” Eri said. “We need to kill him.” Cesare said, “You Toa kill your enemies here; I know that.” “Right now, he’s down. We have more important things to do, even if it would only take a moment to kill him.” Eri said. “Fine.” Cesare said, rushing off with her. Agri and Dai were both on the ground after a blast of Bandiaca’s amazing powers. She floated in the air, watching them. She didn’t want to kill either; she needed Dai as a warrior, and she desired to change the Toa Cyril into her slaves. But this couldn’t be helped. “Dai, get up!” Bandiaca screamed down, “Get up and keep him down for me!” Dai glared up at Bandiaca, but held his tongue. He moved in on Agri, only to be repelled by two Blade Blasters firing on him. He saw Magis and Rei closing in on him. Then they could all hear something approaching; more Anverius X3 vehicles. Cesare, Eri, and Hoji had arrived. ‘Forte’ was pursuing, wounded, just like Hoji was. They had ended their battle with similar wounds on each other’s chests. ‘Forte’ leapt atop a building, looking down at them. They were near the shore; the beating of waves could be heard nearby. Bandiaca cursed and lowered herself, deciding to enter the battle herself. Dai got up and ran off to search for survivors and rally the soldiers together. “Everyone, let’s end this.” Hoji said, throwing his arm up, “Dragon Missile!” The weapon flew down into Hoji’s grip. The others drew their weapons up and together, combining their weapons into the Cyril Buster. “Mistress, I will end this.” ‘Forte’ said, rushing down from his rooftop, leaping at the Toa, despite their weapon, charging, trained on his chest. He lifted his blade and shouted, attempting to cleave the weapon in half with his sword. “Fire!” They all shouted, unleashing their combined, intertwining attack. The elemental blast smashed into ‘Forte’, sending him flying a block away, into the ocean. “What?” Bandiaca hissed, throwing her arm out. Power charged around the crystal, getting ready to be unleashed. The Toa span around, lifting the Buster up at her and firing, just as she fired her magical energy attack. The two attacks collided, negating each other. Both fired again in extreme haste, negating each other again. The Toa fired a third time, this time getting faster than Bandiaca, striking her with the attack. She cried out and flew back, flying back into the sky, using her powers to levitate herself. She floated back, brushing her hand over the massive wound on her chest. She doubled over in the air, looking down at them. She was about to speak in triumph, that she could still fight, that she would still conquer the island, and then she doubled over again. “What…what…what is this?” She demanded. She cried out and threw her head back in pain. She gathered dark clouds around herself, and then dark clouds over the island itself. Energy columns shot down, absorbing all of her forces. She was defeated, she knew that. She needed to regroup and plan a new attack. That was her only option. As much as she didn’t want to, she had to pull her forces out. The dark clouds were vanishing, leaving the island and returning to her base. The six Toa stood together, having actually proven that they could defeat Bandiaca. They had leveled her forces. They had defeated her commanders. They had even defeated Bandiaca herself. “Next time, we will take her life.” Hoji said, “Then, and only then, can we be free of the threat that she poses us all.” “Next time, indeed.” Cesare agreed. They all turned around, looking at the island. There was smoke visible, rising up. Fires. There was damage abound, but they had survived, and many Matoran had also survived; few had lost their lives, the Toa figured. The rebuilding process wouldn’t take too long, and then the island would have some normalcy to it again. Then, the next time Bandiaca attacked, the Toa Cyril would repel her forces and take the fight to her. She would never expect that, and then they would end it all. “Let’s go back.” Hoji said, leading the others away, heading towards their vehicles and to the temple. ‘Forte’’s body drifted in the ocean, damaged, unconscious. The body disappeared beneath the waves, with bubbles rising around his body as it was sucked down into the depths.Review

Edited by Lord Koji