Honoring The Contributions Of Former Staff

Black Six

Shortly, we will be introducing a couple of new member groups: Retired Staff and Premier Retired Staff. There are a couple of main reasons for this. First, I'd like to give former staff members some recognition for all the hard work they put into the site over the years. Everyone who has been on the staff has contributed greatly to the success of BZPower and deserve some thanks for that. Second, there are some people who currently hold staff positions because they never officially retired but have stopped visiting BZPower. I don't necessarily want to demote them, but it would give the staff a better idea of who is active and working if they were removed from their current group.What does this mean for you guys? Well for the majority, not much. But I wanted to give you all a heads up before you started seeing new groups popping up.Some things to note:

[*]Retired Staff have essentially the same privileges as Outstanding BZPower Citizens.[*]Retired Staff can have birthday topics in General Discussion.[*]Select current staff members will be moved to the Retired Staff groups if they have been inactive for an extended period of time (as defined by the Administration).[*]Members who have left their staff positions will be invited as to whether they would like to join the Retired Staff groups.[*]Not all former staff members will be invited, as unfortunately some have been banned or were asked to step down for various reasons.

If you have any comments, questions, or thoughts, please post them here.Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Cool system, and will be a nice identifier for those who don't know who to contact for whatever reason.Two questions:1. Will they be getting their own name color, or retain the color they had as a staff member, or something else?2. Will retirees be given free leeway into rejoining if they decide to come back, or no?

I like the idea. It gives them the recognition they deserve without having confusion as to who is really staff and who's retired.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Makes sense to me. A good bit of praise to those who earnt it but might not still get the recognition for it, as well as an indicator for others to show who has and hasn't stopped visiting.And just think, some day, after my great revolution and I leave this site, weak and weary from age, I will be titled with "retired". Aah, sounds so relaxing. :P

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I think this is a good idea and I´m glad to see the announcement live. Former staff will now be recognized for their work while not being confusing for members anymore. Don´t forget to add this group to the Active Member Colour Legend, though. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Two questions:1. Will they be getting their own name color, or retain the color they had as a staff member, or something else?2. Will retirees be given free leeway into rejoining if they decide to come back, or no?

1. They will have the same color as the formerly-used 'Burper Emeritus' group.2. Generally, when a staff member steps down, they are given a standing offer to return. As long as they leave with a good relationship and still have an interest, they're welcome back.

Very glad to see this is happening - this is a great way of honoring those who have put lots of hard work into this site, as well as streamlining the Staff ranks so as to keep those who have been active.Also, I'm with Gata - this needs to be in the Active Member Color Legend. Just sayin'.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

This is a nice gesture for the staff members who have gone on to do other things. I had wondered for a while if the inactive staff members were simply going to have their accounts demoted, but considering they'll be placed in a separate category with OBZPC status, that seems like a more honorable way to remember their years of assistance.-Ced

Sounds like the best solution to me - it recognizes the contributors of the past while keeping things up-to-date in terms of organization.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Great idea - question is, if some staff are marked as retired, will they be replaced as staff once their member group has been labeled as retired? Unless it was already mentioned and I missed it, I was just wondering.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Great idea - question is, if some staff are marked as retired, will they be replaced as staff once their member group has been labeled as retired? Unless it was already mentioned and I missed it, I was just wondering.

It's basically just a place where inactive and retired staff members get moved to. The inactive ones that were moved to there today will not have their spots replaced, as they weren't even active in the first place. Now, if a Blog Assistant retired, say, tomorrow - and was thus moved to a Retired Staff group - then there would probably be a need for another Blog Assistant because that staff member was active.Does that make any sense?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Also, I'm with Gata - this needs to be in the Active Member Color Legend. Just sayin'.

That should be done now.

It's basically just a place where inactive and retired staff members get moved to. The inactive ones that were moved to there today will not have their spots replaced, as they weren't even active in the first place. Now, if a Blog Assistant retired, say, tomorrow - and was thus moved to a Retired Staff group - then there would probably be a need for another Blog Assistant because that staff member was active.Does that make any sense?
That's an accurate statement. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Thank you for elaborating, guys. :) But, nonetheless, great idea on the staff's part, it's pretty cool from the looks of it.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

A great idea that should have been implimented long ago. It should definately cut back on confusion as to who is an active staff member and who isn't. I know that even years after I retired I was getting signature reports and requests to start RPGs and such in CoT and I can only imagine it'd be the same for many others. This way nobody's messages go unanswered for long periods of time.Of course I wont pretend that I don't miss having my name show up in blue.

Edited by Rama~Swarm

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

A great idea that should have been implimented long ago. It should definately cut back on confusion as to who is an active staff member and who isn't. I know that even years after I retired I was getting signature reports and requests to start RPGs and such in CoT and I can only imagine it'd be the same for many others. This way nobody's messages go unanswered for long periods of time.Of course I wont pretend that I don't miss having my name show up in blue.

That's because you never retired, you just stopped showing up. :P

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

That's because you never retired, you just stopped showing up. :P
Hey now, give me some credit, I'm not that big of a #####. I actually did step down once I realized my interest in Bionicle was gone. mfuss decided for whatever reason that he didn't want to remove me. That's where I got my lovely title [which I am happy to keep even if it is no longer accurate].

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

• 9 months later...