Just A Quick Question

Taka Nuvia

It's a search engine bot, which goes through web pages and indexes them in order to keep search results up-to-date. The forum software recognizes bots by their IP address, and it shows them as 'users' on the online list.

Edited by Ziko

I've been wondering why "Google" shows up in the online users group and when I try to click on it, nothing happens. Of course, bots wouldn't be allowed to post because B6 has to approve all your posts until you have 10 actual posts.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

It's a search engine bot, which goes through web pages and indexes them in order to keep search results up-to-date. The forum software recognizes bots by their IP address, and it shows them as 'users' on the online list.

Correct.

I've been wondering why "Google" shows up in the online users group and when I try to click on it, nothing happens. Of course, bots wouldn't be allowed to post because B6 has to approve all your posts until you have 10 actual posts.

Bots aren't actual users - they don't have accounts. They're just crawling BZP to index it so we can be searched. Also, I'm not the only one who approves posts - all forum staff do that.Thread closed.