LEGO Sets Forum Rules
Welcome to LEGO Sets! In this topic you will find all of the rules for the LEGO Sets forum. Please read through it carefully and abide by the following:
What Belongs in LEGO Sets?
Any and all discussion for the sets of LEGO's various themes, with the exception of BIONICLE and Hero Factory, which would go in Bionicle Sets and Collectibles and Hero Factory Sets, respectively.
What Does NOT Belong in LEGO Sets?
- Any topic that is answerable with ten options or less. Those should be polled, and posted in the Voting Booth.
- Discussion of Bionicle Sets or Collectibles; that belongs in the Bionicle Sets and Collectibles Forum.
- Discussion of Hero Factory Sets; that belongs in the Hero Factory Sets Forum.
- Discussion of any of LEGO's themes' storyline; that belongs in LEGO Discussion.
- Discussion of LEGO in general; that belongs in the LEGO Discussion forum.
- MOCs or discussion of MOCs. Those belong in Bionicle- or System-Based Creations.
- Fanfiction of the LEGO Sets or Storyline; any and all LEGO-related stories belong in the Library -- COT Stories belong in COT.
- Artwork of the LEGO Sets; any LEGO-related artwork belongs in the Artwork forums.
- Topics for selling your various LEGO Sets; those belong in Buy/Sell/Trade.
- Set availability, prices, and sightings: these belong in Marketplace Banter.
- Discussion of media of any LEGO theme; that belongs in Media Discussion.
- Discussion of official LEGO digital content; that belongs in Digital Discussion.
- Discussion BZPower itself; that belongs in General Discussion.
Here is a list of the Sets Forum Official Topics. Be sure to check them all before posting.
[There are none at this moment]
If you wish to request an Official Topic, contact Makaru with your idea.
If there have been no posts in a topic for 30 days or more in the Sets Forum, do not post in it. If you want to continue or renew the discussion, just make a new topic. Official Topics are, as always, exempt from this rule.
General LEGO Sets Rules
- All general BZP rules apply, as in the Reference Desk.
- No Flaming. This essentially means no insulting other members. Read over your post before you post it, and if something in it could be offensive, redact it before you post. Posting in all caps may be considered yelling, and therefore flaming, so try to refrain from doing so in large amounts.
- No Trolling. This is very similar to flaming -- it puts down other members and creates a negative atmosphere. Don't force people into an argument or be hostile. Rather, always remain cordial and polite even when disagreeing. Discussion and disagreement is fine; trolling isn't.
- No Spam. SPAM stands for "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages." Anything that is off-topic, saying "Nobody cares about me. I need attenton so I wanted to be annoying.," et cetera is considered spam.
- Do not post confusing titles. When posting a topic, the title should reflect what the topic is discussing. For example, if you are creating a topic about Ninjago, don't have the title be "A Cool Theme!" -- rather, put Ninjago in the topic title.
- Do not make dupe topics. Look around before posting a topic. If a topic for what you want to discuss already exists, do not post another one.
- Going back to #1 again: All other BZP rules apply.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions about what is allowed or not, feel free to post in this topic. If you have any comments or concerns, please PM one of the staff members of this forum. We hope you enjoy your time here!
The LEGO Sets Staff:
The Forum Mentor Team