G A C 18 - Gali Vs Tarakava

Kaleidoscope Tekulo

Whew. This one took a good amount of effort. galivs.jpgI'm not happy with Tarakava. =/I am, however, more than happy with Gali. ^^Yes, yes, this isn't set-accurate, yes, I know there are a ton of little nit-picks that just don't mesh, and I know the water could be better. I'm new at digital medium, alright? XPMade with Colors! 3D on my DS. Comments and Criticism highly encouraged. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Drawn and painted with a DS, props to you there, I can't even draw well on my Ipod Touch XD. I really like this, it feels really pop art in my opinion and I like how Tarakava looks compared to Gali because Tarakava looks more 3-dimensional, the light tones, midtones, and shadows are more clearly defined than in Gali and it makes Tarakava look more dramatic. I especially like how you kept the color scheme between mainly blue and a red to red-orange (yay for semi-complimentary colors!) I think my only suggestion is to add a few more highlights, the same color as you have outlining the lights on Tarakava's arms. Just a couple on Tarakava's face to define the form, some to outline the details on Gali's back and on the flat water to really get that reflected-sunset-off-the-water look. :)All in all, great entry!

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

@Kraggy: Thanks! Yeah, I was debating how to do her hooks. I decided to go with hands, though. Hmm... Interesting point about the Tarakava. Maybe making his eyes yellow might help, though I still dislike how non-set-accurate he is (I normally don't mind, it's just I don't like the style I drew him in... =/)@Crunchy: Thanks! I'm glad you like it. ^^ A stylus is my best friend. Seriously, I could never do this on my computer with a mouse, and the idea of a tablet sounds kinda strange. And yes, I did work a bit more on the shading with Tarakava than Gali. More highlights, huh? I might try adding them in later. Thanks for the tip!And as far as the colors go; Gali is blue, Tarakava is blue, water is blue, the sky is blue... I needed contrast. Pushing the setting back to sunset seemed like a good option. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Ooh...nice. I like the color the the sky in the backround. I also like how it shades nicely. About Gali and the Tarakava: Gali looks more set-like than alot of BIONICLE art I see, and I love that. Same with the Tarakava. Though the way it is styled it is a little hard to make that out. I do like the style though, very unique.^^

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3