S.s. Obnoxious

This is for round 2 of my match-up with Felix the Cat, over on Flickr. The theme was to make a MOC with an "obnoxious" color scheme.7192449794_8bdf6f0191_n.jpg(Click for larger image)Back ViewGallery (when public)Flickr

I decided to be a bit more original and make a spaceship, rather than something organic. I'm happy of how this turned out, although I wish it didn't take me so long to make this. Although I will admit, that the main color scheme could have clashed some more. But I felt that the subtle bits of other colors helped make this look more "obnoxious".C&C appreciated.

Nice shaping with the wings, the transition between the dark red fins and the dark red 2x2 tiles is great, and the stuff on the back looks cool.

Thanks, glad you like it!

This looks heavier on the System than the Technic, so I'm tossing it to that other MOC forum.

Haha, yeah I guess it is a bit system heavy, I never was really sure on which forum it belonged to when I was about to post it. Thanks for moving it Smeag.

The design has a very smooth aesthetic to it, and the color scheme is a bit...loud(?). It reminds me of dropships I've seen in sci-fi video games, but with the "obnoxious" coloration you went for, I'm not sure this would fit into a serious sort of universe. Either way, I love the structure of it and really feel like you went the extra mile with those gray engines on the outside of the wings. Very cool.-Ced

• 2 weeks later...

This is truly amazing, so sleek and with a beautiful colour scheme. The whole shape is superb, a bit reminicent of the Hero Factory Drop Ship.

Thank you! I do see what you mean, the windscreen does look similar to the front of the drop ship.

The design has a very smooth aesthetic to it, and the color scheme is a bit...loud(?). It reminds me of dropships I've seen in sci-fi video games, but with the "obnoxious" coloration you went for, I'm not sure this would fit into a serious sort of universe. Either way, I love the structure of it and really feel like you went the extra mile with those gray engines on the outside of the wings. Very cool.-Ced

Thanks. Haha yeah, I doubt anyone would want to fly in space in something with this color scheme. Glad you like it :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is so beautiful. It's like the colors and the shapes and the tiny amounts of greebling and the way it transitions from front to back and the whole thing ... I could rave for a long while on the reasons I enjoy this MOC, but I shall refrain from doing so in the interests of time.I do have one minor qualm, and it involves the hero cores. To be specific, I'm not sure what they're doing there, and in my opinion, their shape interrupts the flow.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg