The year: 2009
Dr. Cyborg is the founder/president/owner of a technology company called UlTech Industries. One of his labs researching more efficient ways of communication than radio intercepted a laser comm.
This message said:
"Preparations almost complete.
Invasion will commence soon.
He brought this message to the leaders of the Lego World. They agreed with him that it represented a threat. They commissioned him to create a team to counter that threat. And so, the ADU was both.
The ADU, or Alien Defense Unit, is a team that Dr. Cyborg heads. It has cutting-edge technology and constantly trains to be ready. It is not common knowledge, however.
The year: 2012
The month: December
The day: the 21st
INVASION! The aliens have attacked. Normally, humanity would be defenseless, but not now. In the words of one of Dr. Cyborg's best commanders, "Have no fear! ADU is here!"
This is the story of the Alien Conquest.
Who will win? That is where you, the player, comes in. Create a character. Join a side. Fight. Win!
The rules below are pretty much copied from the Dino Attack RPG. As such, I am giving credit for making them to PeabodySam.
Rules are important to the survival of this RPG. Breaking them will result in penalties depending on which rule and how severely it was broken.
1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.
2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts. For example:
"OOC: I bought a Earth Defense HQ on eBay yesterday!
IC: Jerry spun around in his Alien Defender. He dodged the Tripod Invader, and began to plan a solution to defeat the monstrous walker."
3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. Instead of typing "IC: BAMBAMBAMBAM! He shot his machine gun at the Alien Trooper just for fun, and laughed as he saw its guts spill out onto the street!", write "IC: He fired his weapon at the Alien Trooper, whose life came to an abrupt end."
4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.
5. If you are planning to leave this RPG, please let us know in advance so we may take your profile down from the wiki. If you're only going on break, tell us so that I do not take down your profile.
6. Rookie Defenders are limited to the Jetpack, and Standard Defenders are limited to Starter Vehicles. Unless my consent is given, they may not use any other vehicle.
Guidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.
1. Instead of adding more PMs to our inbox, if you've got something you want to tell me about this RPG, do so in your post. That’s why the "OOC" part of the post exists.
2. Do not kill official LEGO Characters. It's alright if you kill your own made-up characters, but if Pepper Roni or Captain Redbeard dies, I'm going to ask you to change your post.
3. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. This means that we may not add your character's profile to the wiki as soon as you post it. If we have not added your character's profile, do not, repeat, DO NOT hassle us or PM us to get it added. Patience is a virtue, you know, and although I admit that I lack patience, I hope you have some instead. Be considerate.
4. Do not PM your profile to me. Post it here instead.
5. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.
6. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes down to minimal. It's alright if your character has a conversation with Pepper Roni and Captain Redbeard, but if scores of Space Police begin to show up, it would get ridiculous.
7. No G-Modding. If your character leaps across a fifty-mile canyon, or defeats two hundred Motherships single-handedly without breaking a sweat, that's G-Modding. Don't do it. It makes the RPG less challenging.
7a. There appears to be a bit of confusion over the term 'G-Modding'. In this context, 'G-Modding' refers to giving your character ridiculous abilities. Apparently, another definition of 'G-Modding' is controlling other people's characters. The former is what's not allowed, but the latter is allowed in this RPG.
Alien Defense Unit
There are three ranks. When you first join, you will be at Rookie Defender rank. After ten good-size posts, you will become a Standard Defender. You will have access to most vehicles. Some Standard Defenders will have sub-ranks, like Commander, Captain, Pilot. If you do much to defend Earth, I will decide to upgrade you to Elite Defender. You will have access to the Earth Defense HQ and the Jet-Copter. The main perk of Eliteship is being able to use these vehicles.
There are five vehicles. They are:
1. The Jetpack: This is a personal flight pack. Rookie Defenders can only use this.
2. The Alien Defender: This is a one-man buggy with two missiles and two guns.
3. The Alien Interceptor: This jet is commonly docked with an Earth Defense HQ.
4. The Jet-Copter: This helicopter with jet boosts is only available to the Elite Defenders.
5. The Earth Defense HQ: These mobile command centers are also only available to Elite Defenders.
When you sign up, you can say what profession you would like to be. You can be a scientist, who researches alien biology and weaponry. You can be a pilot, who pilots Interceptors and Jet-Copters. You can be a scout, who locates enemy strongholds with a Jetpack. You can also be a common infantry trooper, with no specialization.
If all this appeals to you, and you want to defend the Earth, use this sign up form:
Same as for the ADU. When you join, you will be a Rookie Invader. After ten good-size posts, you will become a Standard Invader. You will have access to most vehicles. Some Standard Invaders will have sub-ranks, like Commander, Captain, Pilot. If you do much to invade Earth, I will decide to upgrade you to Elite Invader. You will have access to the Alien Mothership and the Large UFO. The main perk of Eliteship is being able to use these vehicles.
There are five vehicles, and two extra variants:
1. The Small Hoverscout - This is the only vehicle Rookie Invaders can use.
A. The Small Hoverscout comes in a larger variant, inventively named the Large Hoverscout.
2. The Dualsled - This unit requires two pilots in its combined form, but has double the speed and firepower.
3. The Tripod Invader - This three-legged walker is the most common Alien assault craft. The cockpit can detach and fly off.
4. The Small UFO - This small disc-shaped craft is common knowledge among humans, for it was used to scout out this planet for years.
A. The Large UFO - This larger variant has more speed, firepower, and agility, but it is only available to Elite Invaders.
5. The Alien Mothership - This is used only by Elite Invaders, but it has the most firepower of any of the invasion craft.
When you sign up, you can say what caste you desire to be in. You can be an Alien Trooper, who is used as cannon fodder. You can be an Alien Pilot, with the fastest reflexes this side of the Andromeda galaxy. You can be an Alien Android, with a computer-enhanced brain. If you want, you can even be a Clinger! (Though I don’t recommend it!) You may not be an Alien Commander, that is taken, for there is only one Commander, and he is Hypaxxus-8!
If all this appeals to you, and you are feeling evil and zombie-like (brainpower!) you may use this sign up form.
Age: (Add two 0s to the end of the number in human years to make it alien years)
That’s it. Those are the rules. Join the RPG. See you there, and may the best Sentient Life win! Hence comes the Alien Conquest.
Edited by avmatoran, May 15 2012 - 03:39 PM.