Song Of Reconciliation

Song of Reconciliation

His name was Turgon.He lived near the shores of the sea, in Ga-Wahi. However, he lived as a Matoran in Ta-Wahi, because he was a Matoran of Fire. When he got transformed into a Toa to protect Mata Nui from evil, he decided to move to the quiet sands of the white beaches near the endless water.This caused him to be called “the Good Traitor”, for he abandoned his home village to live forever by the sea. Because indeed Fire ran inside his body, but its speed was low and it was slow to rage, as much as it was slow to forgive crimes: he seemed much more like a Toa of Ice, but he wasn’t silent at all. He loved to speak, laugh, discuss and have fun. His soul was a mixture of many elements, but none of them stood above the others. He was a sort of hybrid.He hated war. It destroyed the silence he liked so much. But when he was called to arms to defend his friends, he didn’t hesitate. The Fire inside him rose and burnt his patience. In facts, Turgon was calm in everyday time, but he was merciless in battle, if said battle compromised the sake of his dears.War spread through the Matoran Universe and Turgon ran where he was needed to be, helping innocents and defeating evil at any cost. For his acts of undoubted bravery, he earned the name of “the Wrath of Fire and Water”.Then something none ever thought to be possible to happen happened: Makuta won. And war seemed to be lost. All seemed to be gone forever. But he didn’t surrender and followed the Toa Nuva in their desperate attempts to gain ground on the overwhelming Evil.---As the Matoran Universe robot landed on Bara Magna and Rakshi got released from it to cause harm and destruction, Turgon went after Tahu and Takanuva to fight the Enemy.But Destiny was behind him: a Rakshi squad detected his presence and attacked him from behind. They kicked him into a deep and long river, then they went back to their headquarters.Desperation captured the hearts of the Matoran and the Toa when they discovered Turgon was not to be found and they presumed him to be dead.In the meanwhile, the Final Battle went on without his support. Toa and Glatorian fought the Dark Armies, knowing they couldn’t beat such an evil power. They desperately raised their weapons against the enemies’ ones, hoping to have the chance to survive enough to take with them as many as they could.---By then, all seemed to be lost. But a sudden yell of the Rakshi stopped for a little bit the raw cruelty of the actions and made everyone look towards the same point: a Toa, clad in red armor and holding a white sword, came out of the nearby river. His eyes looked like flames, while water drops fell to the ground from his body.Beautiful and great as never before, Turgon rose from the river he were threw into to get his revenge. The warriors that retreated to the water line before they could reach their mates gained a new hope: they charged the enemies, having such a skilled swordsman as leader.The Rakshi stepped back, terrorized by the fierce and cruel face of Turgon. The strength of Fire burnt inside him, the tactics of Water were like a flood in his mind, the raw edges of Ice filled his heart. He destroyed as many enemies in that single day as he did in his whole life.However, the Enemy was too strong, even for his fury. His teammates fell, one by one, at his side, and he was forced to retreat to the river which every Rakshi thought had been his death. But he didn’t minimize his rage: if possible, it grew.Suddenly, the enemy legions stepped aside to make their Leader walk to the victim it claimed to be its. The Leader was conscious that Turgon had to been stopped, because many of its best warriors fell under his strikes. And so began the duel which passed to the memories of everyone with the name of “the Lighting of the White Sword”. In facts, Angarauth, “The Judge”, as Turgon’s sword was called, had been filled of the light of the stars when its creator, Renstel, shaped it for the eternity. And every time its metal touched another weapon, it shined of bright light.The Rakshi Leader used a black mace and every hit from it was like a thunder. But the Leader got tired of the fight soon and its eyes hurt due to the intense light of Angarauth. So the Leader gave a rapid glance to one of his servants, which went behind Turgon and tried to assassinate him. But the Toa was an expert and attacked the Rakshi before this one could strike. The ambush cost the life the Toa: the Leader waited only for this. It raised its mace to finish its enemy. Turgon was skilled enough to expect something like that, so he stepped on the left side.Destiny, once again, won against him: the mace hit the ground so violently that Turgon was sent flying until his metallic body met a stone. The impact wounded him and the Leader caught the chance to definitely kill him with a dagger, so it charged on the nearly dead Toa. The blade went deep in the body of the Toa and met with his heart, but his spirit was too strong to die that way. So, Turgon raised Angarauth for the last time and put it in throat of the Leader, extinguishing life in it. Then he drew the sword out of the corpse of his enemy and, thinking to a hot summer day in his old wooden hut on the beach, he died.---When the Final Battle ended and the Peace won the fight with the Darkness, the peoples of Spherus Magna reunited where Turgon fell. His corpse was no longer there: the Rakshi which saw their master dying threw him into the river, being their dirty spirits enraged for the loss of their great Leader. Some say the red armored body shined of a gentle light when it drowned in the cold water. It was never found again.The acts of Turgon still echoed in their memories, so the leaders of the free people of Spherus Magna put a tombstone where the brave Toa gave his last strike to the Evil. It was called “the Wrathstone”. On it, they wrote the following words, which were called “the Eulogy of the Hero of the River”, as Turgon was later called:

Our victory was close to yours. But you didn’t have the chance to admire the new world.

We’ll always live in the memory of your actions and honor you as the One who killed his Killer.

We’ll honor you as the Hero of the River.

You will always live in our hearts as one of the heroes of the Final Battle. And we hope that on the Final Days Angarauth the White will rise again to fight the Last Evil.

Here fell Turgon of Ga-Wahi.

Here rose our hope.

---Turgon’s name and valor were never forgotten by the people of Spherus Magna. Therefore, every year a ceremony was held near the Wrathstone: people came from the farthest regions of the known world to honor him. They came to the mute, empty tomb carrying a sword with themselves. When they had to leave, they put the sword in the ground. So that place was also called “the Hill of the Crying Swords”. And for centuries, until the World changed its face, none of the enemies of the free people of Spherus Magna profaned that place, for the fear of the Wrath of Fire and Water.

---

Many of the Toa and Matoran liked to think that, descending the river and being helped by the gentle water creatures which he loved so much, Turgon’s corpse, still holding Angarauth, arrived to the Great Sea. They liked to think that he finally arrived where the beautiful island of Mata Nui once stood and that at last he stopped his journey right were his old home was, on the white shores of Ga-Wahi.

Edited by Emile A239

...This is beautiful. It's a little distant, and though he shows stu-ish tendancies and never talks, you get attached to him.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

A bit overperfected, and none of his flaws are even hinted at.

I wouldn't call him overperfected, he's just an extraordinary person. And, btw, I never mentioned flaws. This could sound kinda contraddictory, but it's this way. Also, it's a short story and I didn't want to tell about a person's figure, but of the apport he gave to the World. Edited by Emile A239

Very interesting story. Liked the pacing, the theme of "Last-Stand Warrior" isn't normally my favorite, but you managed to make it interesting. Congratulations on that.As far as errors go, you used 'harness' were harm should have been, in the sentence;

As the Matoran Universe robot landed on Bara Magna and Rakshi got released from it to cause harness and destruction, Turgon went after Tahu and Takanuva to fight the Enemy.

Besides that, I didn't see anything. Enjoyable, uplifting (I'm a bit of a pessimist, so it's rare for me to give praise here) and encouraging. Brillant work, simply brillant.

pNNgXax.jpg

Very interesting story. Liked the pacing, the theme of "Last-Stand Warrior" isn't normally my favorite, but you managed to make it interesting. Congratulations on that.As far as errors go, you used 'harness' were harm should have been, in the sentence;

As the Matoran Universe robot landed on Bara Magna and Rakshi got released from it to cause harness and destruction, Turgon went after Tahu and Takanuva to fight the Enemy.

Besides that, I didn't see anything. Enjoyable, uplifting (I'm a bit of a pessimist, so it's rare for me to give praise here) and encouraging. Brillant work, simply brillant.
Many thanks, D.A.V.E. I'm happy you liked this even if the theme is one that you don't like. Fixin' the error now, I was doubtful about it since I wrote this. Looks like Tolkien taught me well.

I wouldn't call him overperfected, he's just an extraordinary person. And, btw, I never mentioned flaws. This could sound kinda contraddictory, but it's this way. Also, it's a short story and I didn't want to tell about a person's figure, but of the apport he gave to the World.
So it should be read as a Matoran legend?

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I wouldn't call him overperfected, he's just an extraordinary person. And, btw, I never mentioned flaws. This could sound kinda contraddictory, but it's this way. Also, it's a short story and I didn't want to tell about a person's figure, but of the apport he gave to the World.
So it should be read as a Matoran legend?
No. Never said that.