This forum is to act as a repository for member-created Bionicle- and LEGO-themed games such as RPGs and platform games. Any downloadable or web-based game is fair game, so long as they abide by the below rules.
In order to start a topic for your game in this forum, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a program to create the game with and know how to use at least the basic functions. If not, there is an official topic that addresses some of these issues, and search engines can be used otherwise.
- You must have proof that you have already started creating the game. Do not simply post your idea for a game. Evidence that you have begun work could be in the form of a screenshot, a demo download, or something similar. Do not simply post, "I have already started."
- You must be able to create your own storyline and plot devices to use in the game, if applicable.
- You may request assistance, such as support staff, testers, "guest stars," or similar. You must request that members PM you the information and then, if applicable, update your original post.
- Any requests for backgrounds, sprites, or music apply to the above rule and should be returned via PM.
Members not following these rules and posting their information in the thread will have their entire thread closed.
Members are permitted to create individual topics if they need help using a program or making their game. Note that topics requesting sprites, music, backgrounds, etc. are not allowed. But if you're having questions on programming or game design, you may ask your question here or in a new topic if you'd like more individual attention.
This rule needs to be repeated. All game topics must provide proof that the game has been started, or the topic will be closed. Acceptable proof of a game:
- A demo of your progress on the game so far.
- A screenshot of the game in action. These need to be screenshots from actual gameplay, not just an edited picture or something you created in Paint.
To take a screenshot, press the Print Screen/prt scr button, above the arrow keys on your keyboard, or, for Macintosh users, press Shift, Command, and 3 at the same time. Then paste the image into Paint or another image editing program, and upload the screenshot to the Internet.
A number of members wish to make topics to collect all of their games into one topic, so that members may discuss them or aspects of upcoming games. If you'd like to make one of these topics, be aware that you have to have several things beforehand:
- Approval from Black Six - send him a PM with what you plan to put in your topic, and he'll tell you if that's fine, or if you need something else.
- At least 3-4 games available to play - demos, partially completed games, or finished games.
- It is suggested that you find some members to join you in your "company" if the purpose of your topic is to get several members to work together in creating more games. If this is just a collection topic, other members are not necessary.
Topics not allowed in the Fan Created Games Forum include:
- Any thread asking for the location of a program to create games with.
- Any thread requesting sprites, storylines, music, backgrounds, et cetera
Sites you are able to link to for reference.
The following sites are allowed to be linked to in the FCG forum (and elsewhere on BZPower) for the purpose of helping people make games:
All of BZPower's forum rules apply, such as no spamming, flaming, linking to unapproved forums, and all the other rules that you should know already. If you don't, visit this topic immediately.
Topic revival - Revival in this forum is 30 days. Do not post in a topic that hasn't received a post in over 30 days unless it's a pinned or official topic.
Thanks for reading through these rules. The BZPower Fan Created Games forum staff appreciate it.