Library Summer Olympics 2012

Hahli Husky

Library Summer Olympics 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SS Results Below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contest ResultsShort Stories Contest ResultsBronze: Chronicle by Valixia!Silver: The Last Guardian by Grant-Sud!Gold: The Power by Dr. Noonian Soong!!But I'm guessing you're wondering what exactly you won! Surprizes are the best prizes! Hahahahaha I'm so funny (not.)Dr. Noonian Soong has won one random metallic gold or silver Kanohi (their choice of which color), a Kanohi Vahi, and their choice of a custom member title or +100 post count boost (member title changes can be given to a friend!)Grant-Sud has won their choice of a random metallic gold or silver Kanohi OR a Kanohi Vahi, and their choice of a custom member title or +50 post count boostValixia has won a random metallic gold or silver Kanohi, and their choice of a custom member title or +50 post count boostPlease contact me with your choices and mailing addresses so I can get your Kanohi to you!Thank you so much to all the judges, and everyone who entered, chatted, helped, and shared their excitement! I hope everyone had an AWESOME time during this year's Library Olympics. Look forward to more Library contests in the future!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Velox, for that wonderful introduction! Good afternoon, BZ-Koro Library! I hope you've all been participating in the warm-ups over the past couple weeks, because now it's time for the main event. But even if you haven't done some preliminary stretching and training, you're still welcome to join in the games. Summer is rushing in, sweeping us out of school and generously tossing us some extra free time. And what better way to spend our gentle lazy days than taking part in the second contest to include all three Library divisions?I've got a better way, sure! How about we include COT in our Olympics this year? That's right; this year we're hosting 6 literary contests in one summer! You are welcome to enter as many or as few as you wish, just step up here to sign a couple waivers ... oh wait wait, don't sign that one, that sneaky Nigerian prince seems to have slipped a fraud form in there ... no, we are not liable if you break a bone on a writer's block ... okay, perfect!Now, would all Short Stories contestants please meet in the gymnasium, the Short Stories' Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine is about to take place!The Events1. Comedies: True Fan Archery Competition - June 9th - June 28th, 2012 - Information here2. Epics: Unlimited Prompt Relay - July 2nd - July 25th, 2012 - Information here3. Short Stories: Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine - August 2nd - 21st, 2012 - Information below!General Rules- To enter the COT version of this contest, please visit LSO 2012 COT Edition topic. Do not post those entries here; this topic is for BIONICLE-themed entries only!- No arguing, fussing, or flaming. The first time I call you down, I'll let you walk. The second time, you'll be automatically disqualified from every event. Also, appropriate action will be taken (ie proto drop, suspension, etc.)- All questions should be asked in this topic. Or, you can PM me, Velox, or 55555.- If there are judges on a certain event, do not bother or bribe them. If you find out or suspect that someone is a judge, leave them alone. If I find out you were trying to make them vote for your work, you'll be disqualified. Judges, you may not reveal yourselves until the end. This is for your own protection.- If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Don't post it here.- Let's stay on topic. If you are going to post, make it a post that adds to the discussion. I will delete spam posts without any sort of warning.Thanks for helping me out by following the guidelines, guys. :biggrin:Current Event - Short Stories Artistic Gymnastics ReimagineHow It WorksThe last event of this Olympic year is upon us! I hope everyone's ready for a final push for the gold!Most everyone knows about the birth of our little community here: a forum of Bioncle enthusiasts met a news site of like-minded enthusiasts, and it was true love forever (or at least, 11 years so far. :P) A sweet story of blissful simplicity, but you know, over time stories tend to change and grow with myths and rumors. One of the favorite myths of the Library is that of BZ-Koro, a grand city in the Bionicle universe that is usually in the middle of a war when you hear about it. If you could rewrite the formation of BZPower, how would the friendly kingdom of BZ-Koro come to be? A shady deal between governments with questionable motives? An all-out war between Toa? A long and perilous journey by Matoran seeking freedom?For this event, I'm looking for short stories that detail a new origin story for the oft-imagined BZ-Koro. You are welcome to include as much or as little Bionicle lore as you wish; for instance, canon Bionicle characters, locations, and events can be included, and members can be Matoran, Toa, Dark Hunters, etc. Or they can just be humans. Or a mix of the two! You can write yourself and your BZPower friends into your story, or popular members, or both. Whatever you like. :)How To EnterBefore August 21st, 2012 at 11:59 pm PDT, post your entry in a new topic in Short Stories, and then post a reply in this topic with the information below.- Your name- The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the Link button in the post formatting tools above)Special Rules- One entry per member- The story you write must be new; not posted on BZPower before now- Your entry must be contained in one post- You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.Q&AQ: Does my story need to be canon?A: Absolutely not. It can be as canon or non-canon as you want. I don't think there's ever been a Library contest where the entry stories were required to be canon. That's kind of the point of writing fan fiction.Q: Can I use my characters from another story?A: Yes, you can use your characters, setup, locations, all that.Q: Do I have to enter all the events?A: No, you can enter however many you like. It will have no effect on your standings.Q: Can I enter both the Library and COT version of this contest?A: Sure!Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?A: I feel that we're in a good place to accept staff entries. You won't be given special treatment, but I would love for any and all staff to enter!This contest is a little complex, so if you're confused, please don't hesitate to ask a question!PrizesStill planning per usualContest StaffContest Queen:Hahli HuskyContest Minions:Velox55555(if any other staff would like to help out, please PM me!)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Contestants! On your mark ... get set ... WRITE!

Edited by Blossom

Comedies True Fan Archery Entries ListContest Results!Bronze: Commercial Break by fishers64Silver: I Quit! by JanusGold: Reign of Stupidity by Lewa0111 NuvaEntry #1:Story: The Tale Of The Three ToaMember: tent163phantokaBased on:The Tale of The Three BrothersEntry #2: Story: The Three Matoran and HakannMember: The Smoke MonsterBased on: The Three Little Pigs.Entry #3: Story: Dimension CookiesMember: TNTOSBased on: Dimension HoppersEntry #4: Story: The Universe is a RiddleMember: ibrowBased on: BIONICLE Ignition 11: Death of a HeroEntry #5:Story: Commercial BreakMember: fishers64Based on: Bionicle Legends # 2: Dark DestinyEntry #6:Story: Reign of StupidityMember: Lewa0111 NuvaBased on: First 2 chapters of "Reign of Shadows"Entry #7:Story: Lord Vakama Strikes BackMember: Cinnamon GrochiBased on: The Empire Strikes Back: The Cloud City fight scene between Luke and Darth VaderEntry #8:Story: Flying Octopi, Grubby Villains, and Guardsmen BasketballsMember: Emissary to the VoidBased on: Battle of Mangaia (MNOLG)Entry #9:Story: Ackar and the Hot HandMember Tahu Nuva: Toa of SilverBased on: Midas and the Golden TouchEntry #10:Story: On The Turaga's Secret ServiceMember: Ddude the InsaneBased on: The film Goldeneye.Entry #11:Story: 2002-A Bohrok OdysseyMember: Toa Zehvor MTBased On: The 2002 Bohrok saga, particularly comics 4, 6, and 8.Entry #12:Story: Assigning Roles For A New Lord Of The Mask MovieMember: xccjBased On: Lord of the Rings. (Movies, books, whatever)Entry #13:Story: Ga-Koro MobsMember: ExcelsiorBased on: Chapter 2 of MNOLG IIEntry #14:Story: I QUIT!Member: JANUSBased on (loosely): BIONICLE comic 1 Edited by Hahli Husky

Epics Unlimited Prompt Relay Contest Results!Bronze: Teams One and Two actually tied for the final place! No, I'm totally serious. Wonderful work, everyone. :)Silver: Team Four! Excellent writing by What?, Grant-Sud Rises, Ballom, The Smoke Monster, and Toa Onarax!Gold: Team Three!! Congrats to Legolover-361, Janus, GSR, and Fullmetal Eyrchamist!Team OneEmissary to the VoidxccjZaxvoExcelsiorTeam TwoPahrak CantusNick SilverpendotcomKakaruTeam ThreeLegolover-361JanusGSRFullmetal EyrchamistTeam FourWhat?Grant-Sud RisesBallomThe Smoke MonsterToa OnaraxNOTE: Although Team Four has one extra writer, please don't worry or feel that it's unfair. I strictly judge each entrant and carefully assemble teams so that no team has a higher advantage than another.

Edited by Hahli Husky

Short Stories Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine Entry #1:Name: My Name is NuileTitle: The Twilight GameEntry #2:Name: Toa Smoke Monster.Title: Legend of BZ-KoroEntry #3:Name: ValixiaTitle: ChronicleEntry #4:Name: Riisiing MoonTitle: A Tale of MakutaEntry #5:Name: Dr. Noonian SoongTitle: The PowerEntry #6:Name: Emissary to the VoidTitle: The Briefest of WarsEntry #7:Name: Grant-SudTitle: The Last GuardianEntry #8:Name: Jedi GaliTitle: Microscopes to Telescopes

Edited by Blossom

Can the entry be based on an "official" BIONICLE short story/story serial?:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Well, I'm in! Interesting event. Can it be based off of a Non-BIONICLE comic?
Sure, it can be based off of a non-Bionicle comic, but it would belong in the COT Topic. newso1.png Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Story Title and URL: Dimension CookiesScreen name: TNTOSEpic It Was Based On: Dimension Hoppers-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Quick question: can it just be a scene from the comic/movie/thing, or does it have to spoof the entire thing?-ibrowEDIT:Story Title & URL: The Universe is a RiddleScreen Name: ibrowComic it was based on: BIONICLE Ignition 11: Death of a Hero

Edited by iBrow Hearts Rarity

Here's mine, finally. Took me long enough!Story Title/Link: Reign of StupidityMember Name: Lewa0111 NuvaBased on: First 2 chapters of "Reign of Shadows":mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

Edited by Lewa0111 Nuva

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Quick question: can it just be a scene from the comic/movie/thing, or does it have to spoof the entire thing?-ibrow
Just a scene is fine.newso1.png

I'll be announcing the prizes for the Comedies portion of LSO later today once everything is certain. :) Since the deadline is tomorrow and the prizes are just now getting finalized, would you guys like to have the deadline extended by a few days? We have about 7 entries in the Comedies portion and absolutely none in COT. I would even provide extra editing time to those who already entered.

Could we make a parody of a TV series in general? Like, would it have to parody one specific episode of the show, or could it spoof the overall concept of the show?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Could we make a parody of a TV series in general? Like, would it have to parody one specific episode of the show, or could it spoof the overall concept of the show?
Both would be acceptable. newso1.png

Your story title and URL: On The Turaga's Secret Service Your screen name: Ddude the InsaneThe story you based your comedy on, or, a link to the epic or short story you based it on: The film Goldeneye.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm.