Library Summer Olympics 2012
SS Results Below!
Short Stories Contest Results
Bronze: Chronicle by Valixia!
Silver: The Last Guardian by Grant-Sud!
Gold: The Power by Dr. Noonian Soong!!
But I'm guessing you're wondering what exactly you won! Surprizes are the best prizes! Hahahahaha I'm so funny (not.)
Dr. Noonian Soong has won one random metallic gold or silver Kanohi (their choice of which color), a Kanohi Vahi, and their choice of a custom member title or +100 post count boost (member title changes can be given to a friend!)
Grant-Sud has won their choice of a random metallic gold or silver Kanohi OR a Kanohi Vahi, and their choice of a custom member title or +50 post count boost
Valixia has won a random metallic gold or silver Kanohi, and their choice of a custom member title or +50 post count boost
Please contact me with your choices and mailing addresses so I can get your Kanohi to you!
Thank you so much to all the judges, and everyone who entered, chatted, helped, and shared their excitement! I hope everyone had an AWESOME time during this year's Library Olympics. Look forward to more Library contests in the future!
Thank you, Velox, for that wonderful introduction! Good afternoon, BZ-Koro Library! I hope you've all been participating in the warm-ups over the past couple weeks, because now it's time for the main event. But even if you haven't done some preliminary stretching and training, you're still welcome to join in the games. Summer is rushing in, sweeping us out of school and generously tossing us some extra free time. And what better way to spend our gentle lazy days than taking part in the second contest to include all three Library divisions?
I've got a better way, sure! How about we include COT in our Olympics this year? That's right; this year we're hosting 6 literary contests in one summer! You are welcome to enter as many or as few as you wish, just step up here to sign a couple waivers ... oh wait wait, don't sign that one, that sneaky Nigerian prince seems to have slipped a fraud form in there ... no, we are not liable if you break a bone on a writer's block ... okay, perfect!
Now, would all Short Stories contestants please meet in the gymnasium, the Short Stories' Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine is about to take place!
1. Comedies: True Fan Archery Competition - June 9th - June 28th, 2012 - Information here
2. Epics: Unlimited Prompt Relay - July 2nd - July 25th, 2012 - Information here
3. Short Stories: Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine - August 2nd - 21st, 2012 - Information below!
- To enter the COT version of this contest, please visit LSO 2012 COT Edition topic. Do not post those entries here; this topic is for BIONICLE-themed entries only!
- No arguing, fussing, or flaming. The first time I call you down, I'll let you walk. The second time, you'll be automatically disqualified from every event. Also, appropriate action will be taken (ie proto drop, suspension, etc.)
- All questions should be asked in this topic. Or, you can PM me, Velox, or 55555.
- If there are judges on a certain event, do not bother or bribe them. If you find out or suspect that someone is a judge, leave them alone. If I find out you were trying to make them vote for your work, you'll be disqualified. Judges, you may not reveal yourselves until the end. This is for your own protection.
- If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Don't post it here.
- Let's stay on topic. If you are going to post, make it a post that adds to the discussion. I will delete spam posts without any sort of warning.
Thanks for helping me out by following the guidelines, guys.
Current Event - Short Stories Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine
How It Works
The last event of this Olympic year is upon us! I hope everyone's ready for a final push for the gold!
Most everyone knows about the birth of our little community here: a forum of Bioncle enthusiasts met a news site of like-minded enthusiasts, and it was true love forever (or at least, 11 years so far. ) A sweet story of blissful simplicity, but you know, over time stories tend to change and grow with myths and rumors. One of the favorite myths of the Library is that of BZ-Koro, a grand city in the Bionicle universe that is usually in the middle of a war when you hear about it. If you could rewrite the formation of BZPower, how would the friendly kingdom of BZ-Koro come to be? A shady deal between governments with questionable motives? An all-out war between Toa? A long and perilous journey by Matoran seeking freedom?
For this event, I'm looking for short stories that detail a new origin story for the oft-imagined BZ-Koro. You are welcome to include as much or as little Bionicle lore as you wish; for instance, canon Bionicle characters, locations, and events can be included, and members can be Matoran, Toa, Dark Hunters, etc. Or they can just be humans. Or a mix of the two! You can write yourself and your BZPower friends into your story, or popular members, or both. Whatever you like.
How To Enter
Before August 21st, 2012 at 11:59 pm PDT, post your entry in a new topic in Short Stories, and then post a reply in this topic with the information below.
- Your name
- The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the Link button in the post formatting tools above)
- One entry per member
- The story you write must be new; not posted on BZPower before now
- Your entry must be contained in one post
- You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.
Q: Does my story need to be canon?
A: Absolutely not. It can be as canon or non-canon as you want. I don't think there's ever been a Library contest where the entry stories were required to be canon. That's kind of the point of writing fan fiction.
Q: Can I use my characters from another story?
A: Yes, you can use your characters, setup, locations, all that.
Q: Do I have to enter all the events?
A: No, you can enter however many you like. It will have no effect on your standings.
Q: Can I enter both the Library and COT version of this contest?
Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?
A: I feel that we're in a good place to accept staff entries. You won't be given special treatment, but I would love for any and all staff to enter!
This contest is a little complex, so if you're confused, please don't hesitate to ask a question!
Still planning per usual
(if any other staff would like to help out, please PM me!)
Contestants! On your mark ... get set ... WRITE!
Edited by Blossom, Sep 04 2012 - 12:02 AM.