Library Summer Olympics 2012
Epics results below, SS contest underway!
Short Stories Contest Results
Silver: Love and Legend, by My Name is Nuile!
Gold: Eternity, by Legolover-361!!
Congratulations to both of you! But I'm guessing you're wondering what exactly you won! Surprizes are the best prizes! Hahahahaha I'm so funny (not.)
Legolover-361, you've won your choice of two random metallic gold and silver Kanohi OR two random Kanohi Nuva in whichever two colors you choose (I'll make sure not to give you the ones that came with the Toa Nuva themselves), and also your choice of a custom member title or +100 post count boost
My Name is Nuile, you've won your choice of a random metallic gold or silver Kanohi OR a Kanohi Vahi, and your choice of a custom member title or +50 post count boost
Please contact me with your choices and mailing addresses so I can get your Kanohi to you!
Thank you so much to all the judges, and everyone who entered, chatted, helped, and shared their excitement! I hope everyone had an AWESOME time during this year's Library Olympics. Look forward to more literary COT contests in the future!
Thank you, Velox, for that wonderful introduction! Good afternoon, BZ-Koro COT Writers! I hope you've all been participating in the warm-ups over the past couple weeks, because now it's time for the main event. But even if you haven't done some preliminary stretching and training, you're still welcome to join in the games. Summer is rushing in, sweeping us out of school and generously tossing us some extra free time. And what better way to spend our gentle lazy days than taking part in the second contest to include all three Library divisions?
I've got a better way, sure! How about we include COT in our Olympics this year? That's right; this year we're hosting 6 literary contests in one summer! You are welcome to enter as many or as few as you wish, just step up here to sign a couple waivers ... oh wait wait, don't sign that one, that sneaky Nigerian prince seems to have slipped a fraud form in there ... no, we are not liable if you break a bone on a writer's block ... okay, perfect!
Now, would all Short Stories contestants please meet in the gymnasium, the Short Stories' Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine is about to take place!
1. Comedies: True Fan Archery Competition - June 9th - June 28th, 2012 - Information here
2. Epics: Unlimited Prompt Relay - July 2nd - July 54th, 2012 - Information here
3. Short Stories: Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine - August 2nd - 21st, 2012 - Information below!
- To enter the Bionicle-themed version of this contest, please visit LSO 2012 in the Library. Do not post those entries here; this topic is for COT only!
- No arguing, fussing, or flaming. The first time I call you down, I'll let you walk. The second time, you'll be automatically disqualified from every event. Also, appropriate action will be taken (ie proto drop, suspension, etc.)
- All questions should be asked in this topic. Or, you can PM me, Velox, or 55555.
- If there are judges on a certain event, do not bother or bribe them. If you find out or suspect that someone is a judge, leave them alone. If I find out you were trying to make them vote for your work, you'll be disqualified. Judges, you may not reveal yourselves until the end. This is for your own protection.
- If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Don't post it here.
- Let's stay on topic. If you are going to post, make it a post that adds to the discussion. I will delete spam posts without any sort of warning.
Thanks for helping me out by following the guidelines, guys.
Current Event - Short Stories Artistic Gymnastics Reimagine
How It Works
The last event of this Olympic year is upon us! I hope everyone's ready for a final push for the gold!
Everyone either knows the history, has a theory, or has read a fascinating myth on how most things came to be. A war was fought and a country was won, or perhaps an aspiring group set out to craft new lives on unclaimed soil. A god threw a bolder into the sky and created a planet, or maybe he sneezed and it resulted in an entire new race. There are countless stories and theories, and they all define us as passionate, imaginative, and clever beings.
Yet, if you could step out of time and change the origin history of something, what would you pick? What would you do? Would you create a fascinating society of an unheard species on Neptune? Would the many nations of the world instead turn out to be just a few megacountries? Would a clumsy cat accidentally spill his milk to create the moon? Would there have been an intelligent species who lived on Earth before us? For this event, I'm looking for short stories that detail a new origin story for locations, namely planets and/or countries. Just let your imagination go crazy and scribble out that what-if idea you've always had.
How To Enter
Before August 21st, 2012 at 11:59 pm PDT, post your entry in a new topic in COT, and then post a reply in this topic with the information below.
- Your name
- The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the Link button in the post formatting tools above)
- One entry per member
- The story you write must be new; not posted on BZPower before now
- Your entry must be contained in one post
- You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.
- Fictional locations are off-limits. For example, no Middle Earth, no Narnia, etc. Atlantis, El Dorado, Camelot, and countries that used to exist are fair game. If you think of a place that may or may not have existed, such as Atlantis, ask about it in this topic and I'll let you know if it counts.
- No fictional characters from published works. This includes fictional characters from published books, video games, and movies. However, characters from traditional myths and legends are permitted. This means that while you can't include Luke Skywalker in your story, you can include Zeus.
Q: Can I use my characters from my story?
Q: Do I have to enter all the events?
A: No, you can enter however many you like. It will have no effect on your standings.
Q: Can I enter both the Library and COT version of this contest?
Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?
A: I feel that we're in a good place to accept staff entries. You won't be given special treatment, but I would love for any and all staff to enter!
This contest is a little complex, so if you're confused, please don't hesitate to ask a question!
Still planning per usual
(if any other staff would like to help out, please PM me!)
Contestants! On your mark ... get set ... WRITE!
Edited by Blossom, Sep 04 2012 - 12:11 AM.