Mu Being Anatomy

So I have been thinking for a while. And I think I have a an idea of the anatomy of the MU beings' anatomyEach living body has a set of systems, so each MU being has the following systems:-The Respiratory System-The Immune System-The Nervous System-The Endocannabinoid System-The Musuclar System-The Skeletal System (except they are made of metal possibly)This means that the MU beings have 5 out of the 11-12 systems of the human body.And of course they have the five senses, which every living body has.I'll be posting a pic on the basic anatomy of a Toa.

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well I haven't found anything in the canon story YET that proves matoran have blood or hearts. If they have blood, then they have hearts.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

They have heartlights. I don't recall if it's ever been said that they have blood or not though. If you recall in Bionicle 2, Turaga Lhikan did seem to have some sort of heartbeat as he was dying. Whether you would call it a heart or not, they've got a light on their chest that's related to their life and it beats.- :t::l::h:

As has been said countless times, Greg confirmed they do NOT have blood. They may have something like a lubricant, but this has never been confirmed or denied. We do know Kalmah's tentacle was portrayed as having an oily substance when cut in an online video (before rapidly regrowing), but I think the scene was said to be a vision, so it might not be accurate.Yes, their "skeletons" are metal; it's the interior and exterior mechanical and armor and basic support components. They do not have bones with humanlike shapes (unlike Spherus Magna beings who have naturally metallic bones), but these components are considered skeletal.The heartlight is probably "pumping" life energy in some kind of forcefield system. It might be carried through the metal like an electric charge, but almost certainly no liquid is involved or it would be considered blood. This energy goes at least to the muscles and lungs. The heartlight itself appears to just be an indicator that monitors the heart.We do not know if the brain is biological. If so, then yes, the life energy goes to that. It does seem likely, but we should not assume so.Also, a nitpick; not all beings have all five senses, but yeah. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As another nitpick, there are more than five senses, including more than five that humans have (like balance and temperature). Anyway, I think immune system is something more interesting to consider. I wish we know more about microbes and disease in the Matoran Universe. We know that there are virus equivalents that can do all sorts of stuff, a Makuta could certainly make an artificial plague with them, and we've seen them get sick from the infected Kohlii balls. What was in those? Antidermis, or a virus? Do they get sick normally? Are there lots of protodites or other bacteria-like organisms in the Matoran Universe?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Isn't Metru Nui the brain?
This topic is talking about beings like Matoran, Toa, etc. living inside the MU, not the anatomy of the MU itself.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well I haven't found anything in the canon story YET that proves matoran have blood or hearts. If they have blood, then they have hearts.
Yeah, we know they have brains, muscles, and lungs, and that's about it for organic parts. Being otherwise mostly mechanical, a circulatory system wouldn't really be needed, especially if there's no circulatory fluid.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Yeah, we know they have brains, muscles, and lungs, and that's about it for organic parts
We do not know if the brains are organic. It is a very likely theory, but let's not turn it into a rumor. :)

I thought they used water for lubricant. Or was that just an idea? I believe they do need to drink for something.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

As has been said countless times, Greg confirmed they do NOT have blood. They may have something like a lubricant, but this has never been confirmed or denied. We do know Kalmah's tentacle was portrayed as having an oily substance when cut in an online video (before rapidly regrowing), but I think the scene was said to be a vision, so it might not be accurate.Yes, their "skeletons" are metal; it's the interior and exterior mechanical and armor and basic support components. They do not have bones with humanlike shapes (unlike Spherus Magna beings who have naturally metallic bones), but these components are considered skeletal.The heartlight is probably "pumping" life energy in some kind of forcefield system. It might be carried through the metal like an electric charge, but almost certainly no liquid is involved or it would be considered blood. This energy goes at least to the muscles and lungs. The heartlight itself appears to just be an indicator that monitors the heart.We do not know if the brain is biological. If so, then yes, the life energy goes to that. It does seem likely, but we should not assume so.Also, a nitpick; not all beings have all five senses, but yeah. :P
Let's see...I think Kalmah's tentacle fluid is similar to the slime that covers the regenerated limb of a Namekian (from Dragon Ball Z). It's probably a chemical signal that typically runs though the body and leaks out when the appendage is severed and will then stimulate the cells to divide and regenerate the lost appendage.I'm pretty sure the heartlight is just the little light on your computer that tells you that the computer is powered on.Another nitpick: There are actually more than 5 senses. Sight, pressure, hearing, taste, smell, temperature, pain, and balance. Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I thought they used water for lubricant. Or was that just an idea? I believe they do need to drink for something.
I don't recall it being confirmed, but it's a reasonable theory. Other possibilities are for hydrolic pistons (the sets often depict pistons), part of the mechanism of the heart, or the operation of the brain. Water isn't really the greatest lubricant, so I'd lean towards one of the other possibilities. If there's a lubricant it's probably oily, but we have to keep in mind the metal is protodermis imitating the physics of metal; it isn't limited per se to exact real-world metal properties, so it might be able to reduce its own friction without a lubricant. I would lean towards the water being hydrolic power for the pistons.
I think Kalmah's tentacle fluid is similar to the slime that covers the regenerated limb of a Namekian (from Dragon Ball Z). It's probably a chemical signal that typically runs though the body and leaks out when the appendage is severed and will then stimulate the cells to divide and regenerate the lost appendage.
Could be, yeah.

I don't recall any instances of Matoran or Toa drinking things in story, at least on a regular basis.Edit:

As another nitpick, there are more than five senses, including more than five that humans have (like balance and temperature). Anyway, I think immune system is something more interesting to consider. I wish we know more about microbes and disease in the Matoran Universe. We know that there are virus equivalents that can do all sorts of stuff, a Makuta could certainly make an artificial plague with them, and we've seen them get sick from the infected Kohlii balls. What was in those? Antidermis, or a virus? Do they get sick normally? Are there lots of protodites or other bacteria-like organisms in the Matoran Universe?
I think all viruses seen are made from antidermis somehow, which, working from the name, would cause malfunctions in protodermic beings. :shrugs: Edited by fishers64