Flash Fire Entry - Turaga Vakama

Taria Pakari

So, I decided to draw Turaga Vakama for the Flash Fire contest. My chances of getting far a pretty much non-existent but who cares! The fun is in drawing the piece!turaga_vakama_by_derpy_herpgineer-d56tru4.pngI am reasonably pleased with this piece. Although, I don't like how his left foot came out... I hate drawing Turaga feet. :glare:So yeah. That's my entry.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

This looks exactly like the set! I really like how detailed the Noble Huna and Fire Staff look. I agree that the left foot looks kind of bad, but it doesn't take away from how cool this looks.Good luck in the contest!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

There are a lot of things I like about the drawing and a few things that I might want to point out for future artwork.What I really like about this drawing is basically how he looks, his expression and such. I'm a big fan of the set style drawings so this is really awesome in my opinion. I like his expression, although questionable because of his mask, his eyes show a burning passion (excuse the pun) as if defending himself or his pride from something. I also like although it could be unintentional how it looks like he really does rely on his staff, sort of leaning on it slightly. The drawing looks quite well done compared to the set.There are some things I think could be done a little better to help make the drawing much more appealing. The shading I feel is questionable as I can't really tell where its coming from exactly, if its from the very right (vakama's right) or if its coming from where his staff is. Either way I feel that some parts of the left side of his body should be illuminated slightly. Another thing is the staff although it is quite difficult to actually get right so its not really a flaw since its recognizable. Parts of it seem a little off but its alright. Shading also seems a bit odd on the staff as well. The last thing that I can spot at the moment is the feet. The turaga's feet are quite difficult to actually get right. The best way would probably be to use much more extreme difference in shades to capture the three dimensional effect of it. The feet seem a little flat and some of the shading on it could be done better.The drawing is really quite well done, I'm impressed. Although there were a few things that could have been done better I feel it is a really awesome drawing.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I like it!It's really smooth and kinda holds that MNOG sense of mystique in it.The perspective seems a little wonky here and there, but I think it actually adds to the piece. It makes him seem more mysterious.The only problem I have with it, is that based on the gradient on the mask, there should be a greater contrast in color around the corner of his torso.

jlovfkk.jpg